Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

Zyrusticae - I say Time travel, There's so much of it in this game makes you wonder or this Cryogenic Sleep for the time Falz break's free. Since they knew that the seal was very temporary.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jakosifer View Post
    We're totally killing him Lavos style. ONE OF THOSE LITTLE SPACESHIPS IS ACTUAL FARZ.
    > spends episode 2 getting badass time traveling spaceship.

> Name's it "Regular Cruiser."

> crashes it into Dark Falz face and drives through to his core using the Time Travel warp speed.

> Ultimate showdown inside of his core.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Speculating at this point still is kind of pointless. Personally, I feel that they barely explained anything about the core of the story as of yet. I do, however, strongly believe PSO2 will play out to be a recreation of the classic series and PSIV, especially. And by that I mean it will mirror and mirror it only, not having any connection to the other games of the series.

One of the early trailers mentioned the Profound Darkness, which in the classic series was the ultimate evil sealed away behind the three planets as a seal. The seal was created and looked over by the Espers. The seal would weaken every 1000 years and a tiny bit of the Profound Darkness would leak out. This part was Dark Falz, seeking to destroy the planetary seals in order to free his complete self.

How could this mirror to PSO2?

In PSO2 the heroes sealed away Falz or maybe even the Profound Darkness after a long and tiring battle. Afterwards they created the Arks to oversee the seal they created, just like the Espers did. In case the seals ever were to break they created the giant arc (that looks like a sealing device as someone pointed out), which would be able to seal the Profound Darkness as a whole if it ever were necessary. I think the giant Dark Falz we saw in chapter 8 is still just a fragment of the Profound Darkness, which will eventually show itself in course of the game. What supports this theory? Well, we all know of the masked figure, which is really probable to be another Dark Falz since it looks just like possessed Gettemhart. This points to our giant friend just being one part of a complete whole together with the masked figure. I suspect the other two planets to hold one more seal each as well, just like in the classic series.

Well, that's my theory. I still don't believe in a connection between the PS continuties for various reasons. Only PSO seems like it could possibly be connected to PSO2, but even that is unlikely. Before Episode III, PSO could have played out to be a sequel to PSII (as was planned in early development stages), but after Episode III it became apparent they had given up on that idea: They had created a backstory for Falz that was just way too different from the classic series. Falz was permanently killed in Episode III, too. And since I think PSO2 is a recreation of the classic series that makes a connection between the two games unlikely to me.

Why no connection to the classic series, maybe this is a prequel to the old games?
    No, Algol is way too different. Look at those planets.
    Last edited by Mysterious-G; Nov 24, 2012 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Wow. So Clarice Clais is, at a minimum, at least 60 years old now? And she looks like THAT?

WHAT IS HER SECRET?! :O
    Photons.

Gate open!
    A place so far away yet so close at hand...

could this story get any less interesting? It doesn't help that the in game engine cutscenes are embarrassing to watch. Where are the relatable characters you root for or a sense that you're involved in in something worthwhile. We still have no idea where the ARKS or Darkers come from or why we should care about any of this. I actually laughed when I heard that FOnewm character casually remark that they had defeated falz 40 years ago and sealed him away.

Who's writing this trash?

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Who's writing this trash?
    I don't think that's bad as the fact that pso came out 10 years ago and this is the best they can do? I don't think the story is bad as much as how it's presented. PSO's story was simple, but it was done indirectly meaning that you had to get a lot of the story through inferring information you gained from quests.

Since PSU there's been a huge gap between gameplay and story. You have the actual game which is a lot of fun to party up and play with friends. And then you have the story mode, which despite everyone being on the server, for some reason YOU are in the middle and YOUR character is the hero for no real reason at all. PSZ, PSP, PSP2 were all the same with your character being in the center of everything while not offering anything to the story which was driven by painfully boring anime cut scenes.

As bad as the story is, I could almost forgive it for being pieced together with a bunch of generic character. What really annoys me is the glaring plot holes in a lot of the quests.

Rojio: The tropical forest leads directly to tundra. This is extremely unusual.
    Furrie: I'm going to go around on foot looking for the Lillipuffs. It's not like we have interstellar space travel or any technology that would assist in scanning for light forms.
    Player: Yeah, there's some broken weapon with special properties. Let's just pick a fucking planet and start looking at random.
    Aki: As you can see getting infected by the darkers has altered the behavior of the dragon clan.
    Ghettemhalt: Yeah I have no back story, and no real explained reason for being a huge asshole. Why don't I break the seal on this unimaginable evil for no reason at all except that the plot requires it.

And did this annoy anyone else mid mission?

He's busy with three people: STOP HER!

Gate open!

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    IWhat really annoys me is the glaring plot holes in a lot of the quests.

Rojio: The tropical forest leads directly to tundra. This is extremely unusual.
    Furrie: I'm going to go around on foot looking for the Lillipuffs. It's not like we have interstellar space travel or any technology that would assist in scanning for light forms.
    Player: Yeah, there's some broken weapon with special properties. Let's just pick a fucking planet and start looking at random.
    Aki: As you can see getting infected by the darkers has altered the behavior of the dragon clan.
    Ghettemhalt: Yeah I have no back story, and no real explained reason for being a huge asshole. Why don't I break the seal on this unimaginable evil for no reason at all except that the plot requires it.
    amen dude, nothing makes a lick of sense. It's like they have no plan or general idea of what this story is about. It's all just randomly placed cutscenes with npcs spouting gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    Actually he wanted to release falz because he wanted to kill falz. I think his personality is near something like akuma from street fighter, who looks for strong people to beat/kill.

We still have no idea where the ARKS or Darkers come from or why we should care about any of this.
    Arks came from the three heroes and three others, after falz was sealed the first time, as a way to keep the seal in check. They kept quiet about the seal in order to prevent people for trying to break it, which exactly what happens when Ghettemhalt finds out. He considers fighting something like the being that the source of all darkers a worthy challenge, so first thing he did after finding that info is...well...have the seal broken!
    Last edited by Kinujou; Nov 25, 2012 at 12:10 AM.

Gate open!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinujou View Post

Arks came from the three heroes and three others, after falz was sealed the first time, as a way to keep the seal in check. They kept quiet about the seal in order to prevent people for trying to break it, which exactly what happens when Ghettemhalt finds out. He considers fighting something like the being that the source of all darkers a worthy challenge, so first thing he did after finding that info is...well...have the seal broken!
    then there has GOT to be a way to deliver this story better. Also what do you mean by 3 heroes and 3 others? As opposed to 6 heroes. Also where was any of this stated?

then there has GOT to be a way to deliver this story better. Also what do you mean by 3 heroes and 3 others? As opposed to 6 heroes. Also where was any of this stated?
    the six balances of the arks are the ones who started arks, after the three: Legalas, Kasura ,and Claris Cleis defeated dark falz. Since he was too powerful to actually kill/truely defeat, he was instead sealed with claris' weapon. (It's spectated thats why her weapon looks like a darkened version of the weapon you created, as well to why it was able to break the seal.)

The other three, Sara, Maria, and Huey, are considered the top three arks members alongside the last three, and make up the top six/grand six/six pillars/six whatever-sounds-elite-enough.

it's stated in the very translation in the first post, the part about the falz sealing and the ones founding arks. As for the six themselves, there are event tabs that give info about them, and you meet each one of through them.