Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hey, if killing those animals are evil then good golly enslaving pokemans are evil too.
    Get in tah ball whether you like or not and obey my commands!
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    I dunno, we all pretty much voluntarily jump down onto the planets and kill everything be it ancient darkness, natural wildlife or even machines.
    I didn't choose Arkz....Arkz chose me...
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

We're Diamond-shaped box pirates.

If you has one, we keel you and take it.

If you don't has one, we keel you anyway because you're in the way of us getting to the things with the diamond-shaped boxes.

To be fair, it's the dragonkins own fault for not giving us their eggs to use for our omelets. Delicious gulf meat omelets

Sometimes it's all rightious then sometimes like in psu JP servers it's a mission where we are cleaning out a mine that we abandon of the native life becuase we want to use it again....

Incidentally arkz weren't exactly evil. The "Good" side while all the playable characters were generally good people. Their leader was a power hungry psychotic. Where as the arkz were just a group of people fed up with the status quo. Half of them were out there for cast and Newman rights. They even had a movement to change their names from Androids to Humanoids to help show that they have rights like humans do too.

Episode 3 had some of the most deep concepts and dark subject matter I've been out of any phantasy star game that came out after the dreamcast.
    Laxedrane - Ship 10| Force-70 Hunter-70 Techer-70 Braver-70 Bouncer-70
    Darrin- Ship 10 Ranger-62 Gunner-65 Force-1 Techer-0
    Ismaire- Ship 10 Hunter-51 Braver-51 Bounder-1

Hey guess what? Humans do despicable things for profit, even on our own planet... and they don't have to be drug lords or weapon dealers to be that way...
    Now we all wait for the Rappy Deity of Vengeance that granted its followers eternal life to punish all humans...

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Yeah, people have mentioned that Sakai has confirmed they're separate entities.

I still pretend we're evil though. We are kind of going to multiple planets and killing everything for kicks.
    That is only human. To be as sucessful as we have been we have to be very adriot in going down and killing everything.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Yeah, people have mentioned that Sakai has confirmed they're separate entities.

I still pretend we're evil though. We are kind of going to multiple planets and killing everything for kicks.
    I would really like to see where he say this.

Because I've been having 2 ideas for PSO2.
    One that PSO2 is a reboot of PSO in a way (that's why the storyline if very similar) or a continuation from many years after PSO EPIII (which is why we're named arks/arkz).

The reboot one I don't think I need to explain, but for the continuation I've been thinking seeing how in the end of EPIII Pioneer 2 finally landed on Ragol with the Arkz that after some years, they've noticed the planet is way too dangerous to live on even after all those years.
    Their technology later have advanced which would explain all their technology as of now and have decided to look for a new planet(s). By this time they took in the name "Arkz" as themselves as a whole and called themselves "Arks".
    Now the game I would say can maybe take place hundreds or maybe even more years after EPIII. Don't forget that it was 25 years since they came to Ragol they found out how to make monsters into creatures they can somehow control into card items. Same for weapons. a few hundred years I can see them advancing drastically.

Once again just my hunch. And I'm sticking with it.
    This would also explain why Arks (to me, before anyone go YOUR OPINION IS WRONG!) are partially evil even if they don't see it. They have the same mentality of their ancestors of once Ragol that liked poking their nose in places they don't belong and stirring up trouble. Which lead us to where the story is right now in PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizz3112 View Post
    Hey guess what? Humans do despicable things for profit, even on our own planet... and they don't have to be drug lords or weapon dealers to be that way...
    Man, even PSO1 had some grim stuff going on for such a kid's game. It had ethics on race and species equality and rights, stuff on human trafficking, killing people and selling their weaponry, landgrabs, ethics of genetically engineering weapons and human experimentation (even knowing that newmen have heavily reduced lifespans as a direct result of such engineering), etc.

The first time I played it I was young enough that I didn't pick up on any of that stuff, but after a few years when I actually read the lines again I found myself muttering "holy shit" quite a few times at the kind of ideas they were putting in a game I never really thought of as having a story any more complex or sophisticated than pokemon.

Of course it's still largely a kid's game, but I'm looking for any of that stuff here and I get...boobies. Not complaining, I like boobies too.

We're not evil, Dudu is!

KILL HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )