Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Finalzone View Post
    About international release, I think the Japanese version is very much an eternal beta with bug fixes. SoJ goal is to make sure PSO2 to be successful worldwide, it will not be surprising the release will be available for all system from PC to Playstation Vita via Mobile.
    The infrastructure is in place as evidence of language selection though incomplete. Security layers needs overhaul because Gameguard is not a viable solution. Microsoft already depreciate Direct3D library meaning OpenGL would e a must should SoJ made it available to other platform (Valve made a great job with Stream for Linux).
    Quality assurance is one element SoJ needs to work on international release.
    It takes times to fully make sure the launch will be succesfull.
    This is the conclusion that I came to as well. If SoJ releases the game in Japan to fix bugs and get player feedback before releasing the game else where once it's stable. If that's the case then once they're done with the vita release then announcing the international version would likely be the next likely step. The other thing is that if SoJ is handling the international release as well, the could the servers be dare say, linked!!!?? I'm pretty sure Sega isn't blind to the fact that a ton of foreign players are on ship two.

Quote Originally Posted by pso2love View Post
    https://sega.jp/contact/web/

Under the first field, there are a few options which none of them I can translate. Which one would be the best option for this purpose?
    That contact form is mostly for lost passwords and stuff. I tried sending the link to my patch site and didn't get a response. I get the feeling that the people checking those are underlings with no real say in what goes on with the game. The staff does seem to pay attention to twitter, so enough people tweeting at the official pso2 account might get noticed. But like I said above, it might be a good idea to wait a just a little longer to see if there isn't some kind of announcement first.

Thanks.
    Is there anyone else you guys know of that I can make attention to at SEGA Of Japan? Would it be a good idea to put Satoshi Sakai?
    Something did come out of my stupid "let's show up at Sega not-plan-thingy". The development of Pso2 takes place at this address in Haneda. 〒144-8531 東京都大田区羽田一丁目2番12号 Because that's the place where the game is developed, there's no listed external phone number, the only way to get in is to be an employee, or have a specific appointment with a specific person, in a specific department at a specific time. But that's the location where the game is being developed and where Sakai goes to work everyday, and I'm pretty sure it's the location where the live stream is filmed as well. But the majority of the staff that have some influence on the game is probably at that address.

This address here in Shinagawa is the main Sega head quarters, 〒140-8583 東京都品川区東品川1丁目39番9号カナルサイドビル where I kind of wandered the halls. Side note you need a key card to get into any door, there is no front desk, but you can freely walk around the meeting area. Who knew... Anyways, the phone number is 03-6871-7660. But it's the main headquarters of Sega Sammy group and there is likely to be someone there in charge of something, but if they can talk or have any influence over the game at all is unknown. It is likely the location for where localization or marketing for the game is likely to takes place. Hopefully that helps, I'm trying to pool my contacts to see if I can't get an appointment for a second go myself at the moment.
    Last edited by Kion; Mar 1, 2013 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    This is the conclusion that I came to as well. If SoJ releases the game in Japan to fix bugs and get player feedback before releasing the game else where once it's stable. If that's the case then once they're done with the vita release then announcing the international version would likely be the next likely step. The other thing is that if SoJ is handling the international release as well, the could the servers be dare say, linked!!!?? I'm pretty sure Sega isn't blind to the fact that a ton of foreign players are on ship two.
    Most likely, yeah, after vita release is good, then we might hear something. While the possibility of future linkage is a nice thought, so that English players could move their accounts over to the NA/EU servers... One of the issues would be the price of Arks Cash in the west, since Sakai stated before that cash handling would be a problem if the servers were global.

That contact form is mostly for lost passwords and stuff. I tried sending the link to my patch site and didn't get a response. I get the feeling that the people checking those are underlings with no real say in what goes on with the game. The staff does seem to pay attention to twitter, so enough people tweeting at the official pso2 account might get noticed. But like I said above, it might be a good idea to wait a just a little longer to see if there isn't some kind of announcement first.
    I see...

Something did come out of my stupid "let's show up at Sega not-plan-thingy". The development of Pso2 takes place at this address in Haneda. 〒144-8531 東京都大田区羽田一丁目2番12号 Because that's the place where the game is developed, there's no listed external phone number, the only way to get in is to be an employee, or have a specific appointment with a specific person, in a specific department at a specific time. But that's the location where the game is being developed and where Sakai goes to work everyday, and I'm pretty sure it's the location where the live stream is filmed as well. But the majority of the staff that have some influence on the game is probably at that address.

This address here in Shinagawa is the main Sega head quarters, 〒140-8583 東京都品川区東品川1丁目39番9号カナルサイドビル where I kind of wandered the halls. Side note you need a key card to get into any door, there is no front desk, but you can freely walk around the meeting area. Who knew... Anyways, the phone number is 03-6871-7660. But it's the main headquarters of Sega Sammy group and there is likely to be someone there in charge of something, but if they can talk or have any influence over the game at all is unknown. It is likely the location for where localization or marketing for the game is likely to takes place. Hopefully that helps, I'm trying to pool my contacts to see if I can't get an appointment for a second go myself at the moment.
    Does anyone there speak English? I would try to make a call, but I'm not sure if I would get far doing that.

I commend you for doing what you can, Kion, as the info you've provided us helps.
    Thanks!
    That said, I'm still not sure what else to add to the petition, that would get SoJ's attention.

That said, I'm still not sure what else to add to the petition, that would get SoJ's attention.
    I don't think it's a matter of what, as much as how and who. Sakai and the development team definitely seem responsive to fan input and they like the attention. The problem is what channel is going to get noticed. I think giving them some time; maybe April or May and then depending on what happens, spam their twitter account?

P.layer K.iller K.iller Alucadra's Avatar

I agree Twitter has a pretty huge influence and you can get into contact with devs directly very easily the question is if they'll pay attention to you since they get flooded with fan spam all the time. Thanks everyone for all the effort you guys are putting into this really appreciate the fans getting together to try and make a difference.

I agree re: Bug fixing until the Vita release. It'd be smart to do it that way.

The thing is, many separate international releases do not actually implement all the fixes at launch - it's so lazily and messily coded that it's essentially part of the update it launched with. Hopefully the silence is the result of them working hard to actually make these part of the initial launch.

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Maybe they will keep it this way so that they will not have to bother with nagging American soccer moms !!!
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Anyone know if SEGA will be at Pax East(Boston) 2013 on the 22/23 March?

We might finally get some more details, considering PSO2 was last shown at the last Pax event.

Quote Originally Posted by HandOfThornz View Post
    Anyone know if SEGA will be at Pax East(Boston) 2013 on the 22/23 March?

We might finally get some more details, considering PSO2 was last shown at the last Pax event.
    And if we don't, all hope is lost.

P.layer K.iller K.iller Alucadra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cagedtaytay View Post
    And if we don't, all hope is lost.
    QQ forever alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Alucadra View Post
    QQ forever alone!
    Spoiler!