Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34350515253545556 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Woah, is that what you said? That you're ok with your dead end job because at least it's more than minimum wage? You have the qualifications for a better life, but don't feel you really deserve it?
    i tried to imply: im happy with my life the way it is now. i have a good balance of free-time, & family-time, decent income($20 per hour), and friends, and i enjoy what i do at work.

since the guy implied with my attitude that i wouldn't go anywhere with my life.

edit: a job is only a "dead end" job if you make it so IMHO.
    I dont need to "Get a life". Im a gamer! I have LOTS of lives!

Quote Originally Posted by iridesence View Post
    i tried to imply: im happy with my life the way it is now. i have a good balance of free-time, & family-time, decent income($20 per hour), and friends, and i enjoy what i do at work.

since the guy implied with my attitude that i wouldn't go anywhere with my life.

edit: a job is only a "dead end" job if you make it so IMHO.
    And you didn't have that attitude in everything else. You kind of proved everything I said for me.

You didn't settle for less elsewhere, and it got you something.

Quote Originally Posted by SporadicInanity View Post
    Uh, nor do they me. I'm not discounting the other viewpoint. I'm disagreeing with it. In fact, I'm pleading with them, and now you, to try to be a little optimistic.
    And that's fine, but what you're pleading with us to ignore is something that's been inherent to every western release of an Asian MMO in the last decade. Asian MMOs are more current in Asia. They last longer in Asia. They are more successful in Asia. Optimism will not get you past the evidence that backs these statements, no matter how powerful. Based on history alone I'm inclined to agree with the pessimists, but they aren't basing their pessimism solely on history.

PSO2's entire endgame will be a major turn-off for the western playerbase. The western market is dominated by MMOs with robust endgames, competitive PvP, streamlined and fast leveling, and as little RNG as possible. PSO2's endgame is anything but robust, it has no PvP whatsoever, its leveling process is far slower than most western MMOs, and gear is completely RNG based in almost every possible way. Toss on the cartoony aesthetic and the general ease of the game and you've got something that simply isn't built to pull western gamers from giants like WoW, SW:TOR, or GW2, even given that those games are hemorrhaging subs left and right.

Optimism is fine, and I've already admitted I don't agree with the attitude most people take towards the NA release. But there comes a point where you have to admit they may be right, and I'm past that point already. Personally, my team and I are staying JP anyways, so I don't really have a dock in this fight either way.

It's funny how the game that pioneered online console gaming becomes a joke pit of the gaming world.

Sega should just die and give all of its property to Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonForce View Post
    It's funny how the game that pioneered online console gaming becomes a joke pit of the gaming world.
    The western gaming world, maybe. PSO2 is hugely successful in its target market.

Sega should just die and give all of its property to Nintendo.
    Then maybe the Wii-U could have a game

I'm surprised this thread is still active.

Too much to respond to, yet none of it would make a difference.

People who want a NA release even if it means shitty service, early termination and infrequent to non-existent content updates:

More power to you, I hope you get it, your values are not in line with what is considered "normal" and it's not healthy to try to force them on others. Probably in your best interest to drop the fight cause it's just going to keep going til the thread gets locked. Unless getting the thread locked is your intention. In that case, carry on.

Everyone else: Servers will be back up from maintenance in ~4 hours. I think that speaks for itself.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Sega should just die and give all of its property to Activision.
    Fixed

I don't understand why they didn't just release the game with an option for ENGLISH TEXT? That simple. Anyone who really wants to play the game is doing it anyway with or without EN Patches AND we've even scamming the system to purchase AC (Not that SEGA in ANY WAY could complain seeing as its more money for them)

Fuck the voice acting and all that, just give us an english text option and everyone can join in the Jap servers. Eventually all EN players will unite in certain ships or blocks and it won't even matter.

It should have been a PSO2 WORLD WIDE release from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian & PSO View Post
    I don't understand why they didn't just release the game with an option for ENGLISH TEXT? That simple. Anyone who really wants to play the game is doing it anyway with or without EN Patches AND we've even scamming the system to purchase AC (Not that SEGA in ANY WAY could complain seeing as its more money for them)

Fuck the voice acting and all that, just give us an english text option and everyone can join in the Jap servers. Eventually all EN players will unite in certain ships or blocks and it won't even matter.

It should have been a PSO2 WORLD WIDE release from the start.
    quite possibly the most level headed response I've seen all day.

I would agree with this entirely.