Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3037383940414243 ... LastLast

I don't think costumes are actually at fault here. Games need money to improve. I doubt costumes actually cut much into development time of real content.

There are a lot of factors at work. It would probably take many people eventually getting fed up and quitting before SEGA tries to grab people back with something good.
    Last edited by BlankM; May 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
    Ship 2
    Player ID: BlankM
    Character: Mauseletta
    Youtube Channel(Currently lacking PSO2 content)

"costumes" themselves aren't necessarily at fault.

the focus on costumes due to them making more money than actual gameplay content is the problem. It leaves players with a dissatisfied taste, thus causing many to quit playing, but newer players keep coming along to buy into the system before deciding themselves they want to quit.

I mean, I had a friend who would spend $50~100 like each scratch, because he absolutely loves games like this for creating avatars and dressing them up how he wants, but even he has stopped playing this game, because there's just nothing to do anymore. There's no point dressing up if there's nothing to do while dressed up, right... ?

The issue is with the people who pay more so than anything. They ensure the gme will stay as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    There's just nothing to do anymore. There's no point dressing up if there's nothing to do while dressed up, right... ?
    Right! People still buy costumes anyway, though.

Why?

For the entire reason F2P games are successful: Because they have the money in their bank and want instant gratification.

Also because of the incoming penalties for not getting the costume now. Since it's only available for a brief amount of time - usually a month I think - it will be more costly to get it later. So they get it now. This creates a recurring pattern which eventually stops when they realize how much they loathe the game they've been buying from. Others will pace themselves and stay at it much longer, and others will only use ingame cash, but the gist is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    I think you guys give sega too much credit. Yes they are incentivised to do less but they have always been subpar. Just being F2P covers them more.

There is no grand scheme. Never ascribe to malice which can easily be explained by stupidity.
    But the problem is underestimating intelligence is itself a mistake. We do an overconfident thing because we assume the other is dumb, but respect and no cocky is the path to mastery. It is like chess, a person says, "He gives up a knight! How dumb!" Then has a choice between losing pieces or being checkmated. After a couple moves it is no longer "how dumb of him!" but, "how dumb of me to overestimate!"

As for Sega, I agree for the most part that it is not the Dreamcast and prior era Sega anymore. At least PSO2 for me still has that real game feel, we log in, go on a mission, and kill things. Yes, RNG can be bad, but we aren't owed rares by the system and getting them should be exciting, not, "Oh crap this same gunslash again?" And Dudu is unforgiving sometimes, even failing with safe! But this game you can get into and start playing, you have specific zones, and a matterboard to tell you what to do if you have nothing else. I like some costumes and would make a male cast alt, but don't want to spend unless I know the NPC army mechanics better I know friends can join the NPC army which is a mechanic I like very much.

The penalties for continuing to buy costumes are far worse than the penalties for not.

Skinner boxes have that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkmaster View Post
    Right! People still buy costumes anyway, though.

Why?
    Because at least costumes don't disappoint you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

All the costumes in this game disappoint me. Where are my metal joints?