Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
Swords are clunky, slow, and lacking in cancel frames. They lack precision, and come from an era where bosses were slower and nothing was much faster. In fact, a decked out sword with full gear would be one of your fastest, heaviest hitting weapons in a lot of situations. Play smart and you could do more than WL or partisan users in nearly every situation.

That time is long gone, however. Bosses are faster and more frantic. They get up from their downed animations faster, they attack multiple times before you can even hope to cancel most of sword's PAs, and alternatives are faster, more precise, have longer range, and can cancel on a whim.

Sword can be used effectively, sure. You can also build a raft out of egg cartons. That doesn't make it better than the alternatives.

All of that said: A hunter main will have better HP than every other class, and better satk than a braver main plus a rare mastery that grants +30 satk for 1 sp.
Thanks for your quick reply!
I was aware of the fact that Braver was way better, but I've been playing with Swords since the beta, I love the gameplay and I'm used to it

Which is also why I never really got interested in subclasses and its possibilities: so can I use Braver's PAs with an All-class katana as a main HU?

And this will most likely be my last question. Sorry for the off-topic