Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Well what if (for some godawful reasons) the example used was with a crafted red/blue weapon, high damage but shit dex? If you're going for crits I suppose you'd get some high numbers, but not as often as you'd like, due to crits bein' somewhat low chance anyway.

Well it wouldn't matter what you crafted, they're all the same in the end regardless.

But yeah, something like a Gu/Hu with ZRC and FC for 75% crit rate would have a lot less variance than a pure DPS build using the same crafted weapon.

You can even get all of it without sacrificing core damage skills.

Though if it does come down to a choice between crit rate and damage (such as you really wanted APPR), then a very high crit rate means you'll more often deal high damage, but sometimes deal very low damage. Completely ignoring crits, you can increase your damage all around so that you'll evenly deal between low to very high damage. Trying for a balance doesn't really work, though.

Either way crafted weapons are weak, though possibly better once the extension cap increases? Don't use one if you can help it. I'd rather use 9*s or 8* all-class weapons if 10*+ were not an option. Some latents are good exceptions, but they're not a long term solution.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Ah. I'm looking through the skill trees to see if I could do a Fi/Hu build based around crits and PP Slayer. I noticed that the Wise Critical scales higher than Brave Critical, but there's not enough points to go for both. And trying to go for crits does forgo higher damage all around. If only crits were good. :/

I'm also noticing that Wise Stance scales better, but that's probably because getting behind an enemy might be more "difficult"? And the backs of bosses might be more dangerous in general, but not all of them are expressly weak in the back.

• Rockbear: Tail weak point (I think?)
    • Catadran(sa): Tail weak point(though the segments near the back take more damage when stretched, I think.)
    • Vol Dragon: Tail, but spikes in front seem more efficient.
    • Banther/Banshee: Rear claws and "tail", though smashing in the face seems more efficient, again.
    • Malmoth: Back spike, which is probably considered the front? I forget how that works all the time.
    • Gwanahda: Weak point is belly, which pretty much requires a frontal attack.
    • Transmizer: Exhaust/tailpipe, though only situationally.
    • BEEG Big Varder: Nothing worth noting here, really.
    • Fat guy in a chair: *shrug*
    • Quartz Dragon: Tail, though again, face seems more efficient.
    • Chrome Dragon: Don't know if tail is actually weak, nor do I know of its actual weak points to be honest.
    • Falz Hands: Back, obviously.
    • Dark Falz: I don't really know if the arms have their own front or back, but I'm going to assume that they're all considered front.
    • Dark Ragne: I remember seeing a post about this one, but I forget how it goes.
    • Varder Core?: Back booster, though again, I am still kinda spotty on front/back things.
    • Ringdarhl: Again, unsure of any back weaknesses, unless your positioning is what matters.
    • Falz Hunar: Fuck if I know.
    • Persona: Face is a weakspot, I believe, but good luck singling that out with something like a knuckle.

Anything that needs to be fixed or expanded upon is appreciated. I'd like to know myself.
    Last edited by Nitro Vordex; Apr 12, 2014 at 09:26 PM.

Well it's more like hitting from the back is harder to do in many cases because you have to chase if you don't have aggro and having to fight to stay behind them if you do aggro.

The reward is often worth it and there are times where hitting the back is the only option like for falz or when you need to tak out vol's tail. Other times it's easy to take advantage of like when ragne falls, it's very easy to spam DA and hit her weak point with wise stance bonuses. It really just depends on the boss and who you're running with. Many bosses you'll find yourself switching stances depending on what's happening.

Also for falz you only use Wise Stance as contrary to every iota of intuition, when you're standing next to the northern part of the screen you are considered "behind" him. Essentially think of the space you are fighting in as falz himself and the body you're hitting as the weak point. You pretty much never leave wise stance for this fight.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Also for falz you only use Wise Stance as contrary to every iota of intuition, when you're standing next to the northern part of the screen you are considered "behind" him. Essentially think of the space you are fighting in as falz himself and the body you're hitting as the weak point. You pretty much never leave wise stance for this fight.
    wat. srsly.

srsly
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Rockbear's weakness is the thing on its head, though you can still attack it from behind depending on what you're doing.

Well you can hit any hitbox from behind if you have an auto-target lock-on attack, or lay down an AoE of some kind and walk behind the enemy.

But that's the thing, it's entirely positioning. If you're in the front half of the enemy, you need Brave Stance. If you're at the back half, you need Wise. And stuff like Vardha or Elder Falz are a bit confusing since the cutoff point between front and back can be crossed while you're on top of the boss. If you're standing at the front of the ship, but hitting the back cannons, you need Brave. If you're at the far end of the platform and attacking the gun turrets or his arms, you'll need Wise. If you stand on top of the moving core, you might see your damage varying wildly as you're brought back and forth across the center point.

Oh, and when Zeshrayda turns around to shoot at you out of his back? Yeah, don't switch stances. That's still Brave.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

That's just obnoxious.

The more you know! Also hitting Ragne's core on his head is not wise stance if you're right next to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

But if you stand next to her abdomen (as in right behind the platform she has for a back) That IS behind her and you can use wise stance. You can easily hit her core with DA and a few other PAs this way. Barring that though just go brave stance and spam BHS when she's down.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT