Thread: Affix Help

Default Affix Help

Okay, So I'm working on a Te/Fi and I'm needing help because the stat boost I want, I don't know what I'd need to get there. Putting build aside because I don't think it's relevant, I'd like to try to hit 100 T-atk on each of the affix-able items.

I know it'd take
    Elder Soul, Technique III, Ability III, and T-ATK Boost

What would be my best bet for unit/weapon I want to affix to and fodders?
    Base would be Elder, Power III, Shoot III, and Technique III with fodders of Elder, Tech III, and two junk affixes?

I know with Success Rate 30% I'd still be left with 90% on Ability III which imo, I don't want to risk if I'm putting that much money in it anyway. Any way to get 100% on Ability III for affixing with Success Rate 30% or even 20%. As long as it has base of 80%, I can use a 20%. Just would rather not waste more money than I have to, especially be my luck with the RNG in this game means if it's not 100%, I'll lose everything. It's happened more times than I'd like to admit.
    Last edited by Chrysheight; Apr 18, 2014 at 10:31 AM.

"Don't look for the people in your past. There is a reason they don't exist in your future." - Riesz
    Ship 2 - ID: Chrysheight

Quote Originally Posted by Saya Laurent View Post
    Okay, So I'm working on a Te/Fi and I'm needing help because the stat boost I want, I don't know what I'd need to get there. Putting build aside because I don't think it's relevant, I'd like to try to hit 100 T-atk on each of the affix-able items.

I know it'd take
    Elder Soul, Technique III, Ability III, and T-ATK Boost

What would be my best bet for unit/weapon I want to affix to and fodders?
    Base would be Elder, Power III, Shoot III, and Technique III with fodders of Elder, Tech III, and two junk affixes?

I know with Success Rate 30% I'd still be left with 90% on Ability III which imo, I don't want to risk if I'm putting that much money in it anyway. Any way to get 100% on Ability III for affixing with Success Rate 30% or even 20%. As long as it has base of 80%, I can use a 20%. Just would rather not waste more money than I have to, especially be my luck with the RNG in this game means if it's not 100%, I'll lose everything. It's happened more times than I'd like to admit.
    There's no way to 100% Ability III outside of 10% boost event.

Here's a DIY affixing so you can figure it out yourself.

http://arks-layer.com/abilitysim/

Just click at "Add Panel" and then choose the abilities from the left panel and affix away.

personally I'd consider Ability III icing on the cake and not expect to have it on every piece of equipment you have unless you have the money to redo all that stuff every time it goes south.

It's only a 15 point boost to your atk values which translates to less than 1% damage for each affix. you're not losing out on much by not having it.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Honestly, with how Force currently is, I'd say even a tiny 15 S-ATK helps, because if you have, say, enough money for Ability III on every piece of equipment you have, that is a total amount of 60 T-ATK (along with the standard 4slot plan so that makes it 100 T-ATK each, meaning 400 T-ATK in total). The amount may not seem much, but the important part is how you can one-shot an enemy with or without it. 60 T-ATK can translate to one-shotting a lot of shit that you couldn't before.

No it means 400 vs 340. And I'm not saying dont do it I'm saying don't get bent out of shape if only 2 or 3 or even 1 pieces comes out with it. end result will not be that different.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    No it means 400 vs 340. And I'm not saying dont do it I'm saying don't get bent out of shape if only 2 or 3 or even 1 pieces comes out with it. end result will not be that different.
    This is exactly what I was talking about. I was just adding Ability III to your standard 3slotting plan, meaning I'm comparing 340 T-ATK with 400. Though I should've said something like 60 more T-ATK. Bad wording, I guess.

I never said "you said [don't do it]", I'm just trying to explain the kind of optimal stuffs in PSO2. Though I've failed more Ability III's than I've succeeded, so yeah, unless your wallet is cracking meseta, don't expect to succeed in 1 or 2 tries.

So in reality, I should wait for another affix boost day, provided we get one of those? I mean, I'm using a Bloom set, so what I'd lose by not having that 60 T-Atk, I'd make up in Set Bonus, but every little bit helps. I'd rather have the 3% than not, you know? Regardless, I'd still have to wait till I made up enough to get the T-Atk Boost item anyway.

I was just curious because I felt I might be missing something, but it seems I'm not. I might try to affix a Spirita instead. Just for the sake of having more PP since Techer doesn't have PP Charge and going Fo/Te isn't what I want to do.

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciate it.

"Don't look for the people in your past. There is a reason they don't exist in your future." - Riesz
    Ship 2 - ID: Chrysheight