Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IP block?

Question IP block?

Hello,

I apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this.
    I was thinking about coming back into the game since i haven't played for a year but as i was trying to get into the website it said connection error/problem and as i came to the forums people are talking about VPN's so does this game have IP blocks all over the world?

Quote Originally Posted by RmxVer View Post
    Hello,

I apologize if this isn't the correct place to post this.
    I was thinking about coming back into the game since i haven't played for a year but as i was trying to get into the website it said connection error/problem and as i came to the forums people are talking about VPN's so does this game have IP blocks all over the world?
    there was a DDoS attack and most foreigners can't connect anymore. No IP block was mentioned and most say its OUR ISP's that are blocking our connections as a DDoS counter measure. You can connect through a vpn or just wait till we can normally connect again,

Quote Originally Posted by AkumaYouji View Post
    there was a DDoS attack and most foreigners can't connect anymore. No IP block was mentioned and most say its OUR ISP's that are blocking our connections as a DDoS counter measure. You can connect through a vpn or just wait till we can normally connect again,
    Thank you for the quick reply, ill be waiting if the connection comes back someday.

Quote Originally Posted by RmxVer View Post
    if the connection comes back someday.

PLACEHOLDER SIGNATURE - music included ♪

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by AkumaYouji View Post
    I really don't think this is just a ISP issue, the timing just doesn't make sense for it to be from the ISP side, it makes more sense for it to be from SEGA's side...

When the pso2 website was brought back, people could access it, the next day the servers were brought back with the DDoS protection measures, most people outside Japan stopped being able to access the page and couldn't connect to the game, and when maintenance happened, some people stopped being able to connect and others started being able to connect.

Either this is a huge coincidence, or it's from SEGA's side.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    I really don't think this is just a ISP issue, the timing just doesn't make sense for it to be from the ISP side, it makes more sense for it to be from SEGA's side...

When the pso2 website was brought back, people could access it, the next day the servers were brought back with the DDoS protection measures, most people outside Japan stopped being able to access the page and couldn't connect to the game, and when maintenance happened, some people stopped being able to connect and others started being able to connect.

It's enitrely possible that it IS on the ISP side, but at SEGA's request.

Except when you run a tracert, the connection doesn't leave the ISP server.
    That's not how a IP block work.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Except when you run a tracert, the connection doesn't leave the ISP server.
    That's not how a IP block work.
    Except for me it does, I reach JP IPs, but still can't reach PSO2...

PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

There's scattered mixed results for different people.

Way I see it, SEGA did everything they could to defend against this attack, and just made a stupid mess, expectably from SEGA. Then they were in a rush to clean everything up, and it just so happens that doing so for us would take extra work and probably leave em vulnerable for more attacks.

So they just said fuckit and killed 3 birds with 1 stone, laziness in terms of fixing it for foreigners, an excuse to enforce TOS but not really and leaving a maze for intruders in case another attack comes.

For some people under some ISPs the problem might fix itself, whether that happens or not, I wouldn't be surprised if others were permanently screwed without a VPN regardless. So if you wanna play, you may as well find a work-around now instead of waiting. But if you do wait, if there's nothing after a month stop waitin'. <_<;;;

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Except for me it does, I reach JP IPs, but still can't reach PSO2...
    That's because your ISP is blocking only PSO2 servers and the PSo2 website because of the attack. All TWC customers are fine and a few other ISPs. Once they feel it's safe they'll let you connect. It depends on your ISP when that will or even happen.
    Last edited by moorebounce; Jul 7, 2014 at 03:39 PM.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance