Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Weak Bullet and oneshotting bosses = best support evar.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Weak Bullet and oneshotting bosses = best support evar.
    They're basically double everyone's damage, so it's better than shifta or deband, and no one will get left behind only because out of cast range.

Dumb question which class has weak bullet? Edit: nevermind I found it. Would a basic ranger build go like this? http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00fdoIb000000f Also how long does weak bullet last?
    Last edited by Scyris; Oct 25, 2014 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Dumb question which class has weak bullet? Edit: nevermind I found it. Would a basic ranger build go like this? http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...00fdoIb000000f Also how long does weak bullet last?
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221527
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    I'll admit, I did not play ranger recently so I'm only parroting what other people said + common PSO2 sense:

This build is decent but it could stand improvement. Tool Mastery is unnecessary because traps don't deal a lot of damage. Tactics Trap on the other hand means you have no problem with PP so it's worth looking into. Most rangers use stun grenade or gravity bomb for utility + full PP regen with Tactics Trap.

Also worth looking into are First Hit (not too good on bosses but great on mobs) and Killing Bonus.

Power Bullet doesn't seem worth the skill points, really.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Oh, what's that? You mean you don't want +76% DMG dealt, -28% DMG received (-15% tech, same as Techer), and higher base ATK and HP for subbing Hunter instead?

Completely passively without wasting time or palette space.
    You don't get all of those bonuses to S/D with a Techer sub, and the Techer's S/D would stack with your totally awesome Hunter sub's bonuses if you sat still for like 5 seconds every 3 minutes, so...?

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    PP Restorate is still useful as a melee Techer. Melee Techers use techs and subclass weapons. It's better than 10 SP in Shifta Critical or 5 each in the Advance skills.
    Though yeah, maxing Deband Cut is an option, you should never max out the Advance skills or put more than 1 point in Shifta Critical. It's a waste.
    I never said anything about maxing all the skills, just that 30 points makes more sense than 22 (where did you even get that number from?) It's not perfect, but I wouldn't consider this a "gimped" build (though it's also not pure support)

In other words, this strategy is only viable with 3-4 Techer mains. Which isn't necessarily a bad idea, but it doesn't seem very likely to happen, certainly not consistently.
    Well yeah, that's why I said in organized groups.
    The whole idea of support is to give a large boost to overal group damage output and survivability in exchange for having less personal dps and survivability, which techer can DO, the setup is just too annoying for most people to bother, which I never disagreed with.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Oh, what's that? You mean you don't want +76% DMG dealt, -28% DMG received (-15% tech, same as Techer), and higher base ATK and HP for subbing Hunter instead?

Completely passively without wasting time or palette space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schubalts View Post
    You don't get all of those bonuses to S/D with a Techer sub, and the Techer's S/D would stack with your totally awesome Hunter sub's bonuses if you sat still for like 5 seconds every 3 minutes, so...?
    Both of you are talking about entirely different things from that conversation... Terrance and I were talking about other people ignoring buffs when techers use them.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Oct 26, 2014 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I never said anything about maxing all the skills, just that 30 points makes more sense than 22 (where did you even get that number from?) It's not perfect, but I wouldn't consider this a "gimped" build (though it's also not pure support)

Well yeah, that's why I said in organized groups.
    The whole idea of support is to give a large boost to overal group damage output and survivability in exchange for having less personal dps and survivability, which techer can DO, the setup is just too annoying for most people to bother, which I never disagreed with.
    5 in Shifta Advance
    1 in Shifta Critical
    5 in Shifta Strike
    5 in Deband Advance
    1 in Deband Cut
    5 in Deband Toughness

22. 31 with max Deband Cut, which I guess is OK, but you might as well dump Shifta Critical if you're putting that many points in Deband Cut, Shifta Critical is just filler, so that makes 30. Which I said was OK when you pointed out maxed Deband Cut is a thing. But in practice, it really isn't going to be taken advantage of for 90%+ of people playing, so the only reason to max it out would be Te/Hu.

There are still a lot of issues with trying to run an organized group, especially for every single player lacking access to an organized group, and it does nothing to change that it's pretty inconvenient and requires at least three of the people in the organized group to play Techer. It doesn't necessarily speed the run up compared to gathering crystals or positioning in key areas of the map, so if it doesn't, then the whole thing is moot. Being annoying and impractical is a big issue here if it slows down the run.

In other words, there is no reason to bother being more support than is useful to yourself. Most support skills a solo Techer would use are already skills that would immensely benefit the entire party, so why put more SP than you need in? At that point, your SP would be better placed elsewhere.

5 in Shifta Advance
    1 in Shifta Critical
    5 in Shifta Strike
    5 in Deband Advance
    1 in Deband Cut
    5 in Deband Toughness

22. 31 with max Deband Cut, which I guess is OK, but you might as well dump Shifta Critical if you're putting that many points in Deband Cut, Shifta Critical is just filler, so that makes 30. Which I said was OK when you pointed out maxed Deband Cut is a thing. But in practice, it really isn't going to be taken advantage of for 90%+ of people playing, so the only reason to max it out would be Te/Hu.

There are still a lot of issues with trying to run an organized group, especially for every single player lacking access to an organized group, and it does nothing to change that it's pretty inconvenient and requires at least three of the people in the organized group to play Techer. It doesn't necessarily speed the run up compared to gathering crystals or positioning in key areas of the map, so if it doesn't, then the whole thing is moot. Being annoying and impractical is a big issue here if it slows down the run.

In other words, there is no reason to bother being more support than is useful to yourself. Most support skills a solo Techer would use are already skills that would immensely benefit the entire party, so why put more SP than you need in? At that point, your SP would be better placed elsewhere.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Hi I didn't read the topic.

Back when I was playing, I did some quick math. I think I figured shifta was about a 10% boost in damage? But, because of its short duration and its long cast, you would have to spend 10% of your time casting it. So at best, you're breaking even.