Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

>_> uses Ra/Hu.

Sat Cannon, get's "reward".

switches to Launcher.

Cosmos Breaker (or the new Sphere Eraser, depending on the dmg) no problem.

and I'm pretty sure Br can use Wired Lances (I saw someone using that and clears mobs pretty fast with Other Spin) so basically, you're the one limiting yourself into using one weapon.

Hunters? Swords and Wired Lances can deal good dmg if used properly.

Gunners? well not like they're that good anymore anyway but, Rifle Homing Emmision Point Blank can still wreck bosses.

Bow Bravers uses Launchers as well. (because of their bad mobbing capability)

don't even mention Fi, Fo, and Te.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Yes.
    I can't believe people are so ridiculously shortsighted.
    Getting 4 people can be a nightmare, but now you need 12.
    Congrats, you found yourself in a pug UQ cause either you had to make do with whoever was available atm or they are like LQs and full of randoms.
    As a Katana Braver or TMG Gunner you are carrying the party until the boss.

Now what? Take 30 minutes to beat the boss alone cause you were the only one doing any dmg worth noting?

And even if not, I don't want to be friggind punished for doing well. This isn't like TD but rather like XQs, failed last stage where the goal was "don't deal more than 1000 dmg" and now your main weapon is useless.

You also realize that this means anyone that doesn't want to switch weapon will intentionally hold back during phase 1, right?
    So a lot of boss fights will have a really slow and stupid 1st phase unless you have a dedicated party and getting 12 people online doing the same quest at the same time is a rare luxury for most people.

So, katana braver needs to get bow skills on the same tree just for this boss. Gunner needs to use AR without any skills for it cause they are all for ra.

Bow braver must sub Hu and get avg stance to be able to use katana (also must have kc skills for that).

I can't believe you people can't even think of that, there are a lot of builds focused on single weapons.
    Sure I can use more weapons, but why should I when the game so often promotes focusing on a single weapon instead of multiple?
    It's one thing if I mess up XQs and have a way to get out of the punishment, but it's another if I do well and get this BS as reward.
    Ultimate quests are 2000 point quests with one area. At no point should you not have an entire MPA. 3 resistances mean that, at best, three overcentralizing builds become significantly less effective.

Also, carrying? I'm sorry, no you don't. And is there any inherent issue with spending 20-30 minutes on a boss? Especially for 13*s?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    And is there any inherent issue with spending 20-30 minutes on a boss? Especially for 13*s?
    I dunno, I don't think I want another Luther...

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Yes.
    I can't believe people are so ridiculously shortsighted.
    Getting 4 people can be a nightmare, but now you need 12.
    Congrats, you found yourself in a pug UQ cause either you had to make do with whoever was available atm or they are like LQs and full of randoms.
    As a Katana Braver or TMG Gunner you are carrying the party until the boss.

Now what? Take 30 minutes to beat the boss alone cause you were the only one doing any dmg worth noting?

And even if not, I don't want to be friggind punished for doing well. This isn't like TD but rather like XQs, failed last stage where the goal was "don't deal more than 1000 dmg" and now your main weapon is useless.

You also realize that this means anyone that doesn't want to switch weapon will intentionally hold back during phase 1, right?
    So a lot of boss fights will have a really slow and stupid 1st phase unless you have a dedicated party and getting 12 people online doing the same quest at the same time is a rare luxury for most people.

So, katana braver needs to get bow skills on the same tree just for this boss. Gunner needs to use AR without any skills for it cause they are all for ra.

Bow braver must sub Hu and get avg stance to be able to use katana (also must have kc skills for that).

I can't believe you people can't even think of that, there are a lot of builds focused on single weapons.
    Sure I can use more weapons, but why should I when the game so often promotes focusing on a single weapon instead of multiple?
    It's one thing if I mess up XQs and have a way to get out of the punishment, but it's another if I do well and get this BS as reward.
    I only tend to lurk here, but holy crap, are you for real? You constantly make the most misguided posts possible showing that you don't understand simple mechanics, and then you state you are one of the people that carry an MPA?

Don't worry; Katana is not a bossing weapon. Unless your entire MPA is solely Katana BRs, it will not get resisted. Maybe try carrying a Partisan or Wired Lance around to improve your very meager bossing capabilities?

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Well, I want a boss fight that doesn't degrade into fucking nothing after a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Well, I want a boss fight that doesn't degrade into fucking nothing after a few days.
    Maybe if Weak bullet didn't exist, and the gap between minimum and maximum power wasn't so huge, things would be easier to balance. As it is, you either get a half hour snore fest, or bosses that die before Helga even tells you to capture them. The whole reason this keeps happening is because they think they can make hardcore 12 man MPA content.
    At least this isn't time or item gated, so I guess people can organize runs like they do those boss trigger runs, contrary to what Megidolaon seems to think.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Nov 14, 2014 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    oh boy, pre-nerf luther was the BEST!

best 26 mins of my life!

then we learned his attack patterns by 3 days, shortened it to 15 mins, then 7 - 10 mins.

then nerfed luther came and I cried.

Quote Originally Posted by WildarmsRE5 View Post
    oh boy, pre-nerf luther was the BEST!

best 26 mins of my life!

then we learned his attack patterns by 3 days, shortened it to 15 mins, then 7 - 10 mins.

then nerfed luther came and I cried.
    Giga still tells me horror stories about bad MPAs taking almost the whole time limit, which just drives my point home even more.

it took 26 mins because there were loads of people dying, I remember 10 people died at the merry-go-run because they were too busy attacking the arms, yes, arms.

that's how it goes 1st time, it got easier as soon as we knew his algorithm and where to attack, what strategies to use.

luther didn't even need a nerf, he was perfect. the fuckshitcrap ton hp didn't need a nerf.

the same could be applied to this boss, I just hope the resistance IS like XQ. then leave it at that.

else, getting a 13* wouldn't be worth it.
    Last edited by WildarmsRE5; Nov 14, 2014 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WildarmsRE5 View Post
    it took 26 mins because there were loads of people dying, I remember 10 people died at the merry-go-run because they were too busy attacking the arms, yes, arms.

that's how it goes 1st time, it got easier as soon as we knew his algorithm.

luther didn't even need a nerf, he was perfect. the fuckshitcrap ton hp didn't need a nerf.

the same could be applied to this boss, I just hope the resistance IS like XQ. then leave it at that.
    Would you still say that if WB didn't exist?