Page 55 of 252 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    You named a bunch of light weak bosses and you're te/br... ragrants. Make sure you're abusing snatch JA between techs and not standing still unless you enjoy watching your PP go straight to zero with no regen during ppc.
    Ragrants has really poor range and cast time, though. Would it really work well with Banish Arrow?

What exactly makes Tenelfter a bad bow? It seems like a Rikauteri v0.5 that doesn't necessarily need a matched element for banishing.

Wand Whacking Addict

Quote Originally Posted by RubyVixen View Post
    Ragrants has really poor range and cast time, though. Would it really work well with Banish Arrow?
    Poor range just means you gotta get in close.

As for poor cast time you should be customizing it for charge time reduction, which can reduce the charge time to a measly 0.3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Espri View Post
    What exactly makes Tenelfter a bad bow? It seems like a Rikauteri v0.5 that doesn't necessarily need a matched element for banishing.
    It's not necessarily a bad bow, LG is just a tryhard who only likes tip top level min/maxed gear.

Rikauteri is strictly better, but not all of us are going to be able to make a maxed out Rikauteri any time in the foreseeable future.

I swear at one point LG was advocating Tenelifter as a cheaper alternative to Rikauteri

I was able to make a Tenelfter with very little investment since there's a guaranteed PSO2es drop for it.
    Are you talking about this? This isn't Tenelfter. This is. That bow's potential doesn't even apply to techs.

Quote Originally Posted by Espri View Post
    It's about 17-18% weaker than Rikauteri, and the whole point of BA tech combos is to do overwhelming amounts of damage in a very short time frame. If your bow is too weak, then you can't do that properly.

Rikauteri is strictly better, but not all of us are going to be able to make a maxed out Rikauteri any time in the foreseeable future.
    You only need one Rikauteri. Doesn't even have to be 50 element. Element doesn't matter for Te/Br tech usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    I swear at one point LG was advocating Tenelifter as a cheaper alternative to Rikauteri
    That might have been Qoxolg, I dunno. I never said anything like that.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

You can get a Rika whenever Sega plans to add the burn trigger back.

Hi there, thought I'd ask a question about a slightly different topic; managing the fact you can't actually /rebind/ individual hotbar keys.

I'll skip the rant on why this is incredibly frustrating coming from other games.

This is how things are looking at the moment:

I'm using ESDF to move, with W/R to scroll left/right on the sub-palette.
    A to "use" the highlighted sub-palette option along with Q to swap weapon actions.

1-5 is typically reserved for "cooldowns" that I use semi-infrequently, compared to spells I'll frequently cast (located on 8-0, activated by scrolling to & "using" the sub-palette.)

Now this is working fine enough for how it is now, and using A to channel techs gives me free reign for character control as I can hit it with my pinky while moving.
    I am having two major problems though;

A) Precisely swapping weapons is a huge chore as at any given time I would like to be able to access 1-2 Katanas, 1 Bow & 1-2 Wands but pressing a majority of the function keys, specifically F3-5 is a huge pain for my small hands. Any suggestions to remedy this would be appreciated.

B) Access to additional techs. While having three techs is usually enough (Zandeel for Katana, Anti for... Anti & then finally my boss-killing Banishing Arrow-tech of choice) there are certainly times I wish I was able to sport 1-2 additional techs, the problem being I simply don't have room on my hotbar or I'm simply unable to find a comfortable way to access more techs.

I'd set switching weapon palettes with the 1-6 keys above the keyboard, so you have quick access to it with your left hand. In that case, 7-9 becomes switching subpalettes. With that, you can put Weak Stance and Wand Lovers on another subpalette, and activate those on the different subpalette, then switch to your main one for the majority of the quest. This will clear up 2 spaces for more techs. You just have to remember to reactivate Weak Stance without seeing the timer when a quest lasts for over 30 minutes, though.
    Also, Anti doesn't deserve a main spot in your tech line-up. You shouldn't be status'ed that often for it to be there. What I do is put Anti and Resta on my Umblla Stick, and switch to that weapon whenever I need to use either of those. You can do the same on your Wand weapon palette for your set-up.
    And now you have 6 slots for techniques.
    And I would suggest Megiverse as one of the techniques you have on there. It's on all of my subpalettes that I use often as a caster, and it's a much faster way to heal than Resta (and for much less PP, too). Uncharged efficient-crafted Megiverse to any quick attack(s) that doesn't move you too much should heal you completely.

Also, if you haven't already, you can set the number pad to activate subpalette stuff, and activate your active skills that way. You can afford to move your right hand off the mouse for a second for those, anyway, since they have activation animations.
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Jun 9, 2015 at 05:29 PM.
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Quote Originally Posted by zeniside View Post
    Hi there, thought I'd ask a question about a slightly different topic; managing the fact you can't actually /rebind/ individual hotbar keys.

I'll skip the rant on why this is incredibly frustrating coming from other games.

This is how things are looking at the moment:

I'm using ESDF to move, with W/R to scroll left/right on the sub-palette.
    A to "use" the highlighted sub-palette option along with Q to swap weapon actions.

1-5 is typically reserved for "cooldowns" that I use semi-infrequently, compared to spells I'll frequently cast (located on 8-0, activated by scrolling to & "using" the sub-palette.)

Now this is working fine enough for how it is now, and using A to channel techs gives me free reign for character control as I can hit it with my pinky while moving.
    I am having two major problems though;

A) Precisely swapping weapons is a huge chore as at any given time I would like to be able to access 1-2 Katanas, 1 Bow & 1-2 Wands but pressing a majority of the function keys, specifically F3-5 is a huge pain for my small hands. Any suggestions to remedy this would be appreciated.

B) Access to additional techs. While having three techs is usually enough (Zandeel for Katana, Anti for... Anti & then finally my boss-killing Banishing Arrow-tech of choice) there are certainly times I wish I was able to sport 1-2 additional techs, the problem being I simply don't have room on my hotbar or I'm simply unable to find a comfortable way to access more techs.
    Swap subpalette to numpad and make weapon swaps on 1-0. Move weak stance/wand lovers to a diff subpalette and just activate them whenever you start a mission then back to your usable subpalette.

And I have to ask, just to be sure, what are you using katanas for as Te/Br? I hope just the occasional KF.

edit: fking ninja'd . 3.