Quote Originally Posted by fay View Post
    Got a general question about hunters and DPS. Was wondering the best way to use the weapons.
    So far I've been using sword for everything really. I get the feeling that it's a good mobbing weapon and maybe the wired lance/patersan is good for bossing?
    Whats the sitations that I would use each weapon? I feel classes get stale when you only use one of their weapons.
    Sword is the best overall for Ultimate (and to a lesser extent, XH) because of the high damage:PP efficiency and the solid range on the PAs. Wired Lance are relatively mediocre in that they don't really do anything well compared to swords or partisans. Holding Current is extremely PP efficient but not really that great for DPS compared to Volg Raptor combos with partisans. Partisans have inferior mobbing abilities in XH/Ultimate compared to swords, but superior ~SH because they do sufficient damage while being considerably faster than swords. In terms of bossing, they are essentially superior due to Volg Raptor combos, but this can be tricky to use in Ultimate with mobs around.

If using other classes than Hunter main, sword isn't really good at anything due to losing Hunter Gear Boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rion__ View Post
    I have Braver as a main class, and I was trying to figure out which 13* katana is generally considered better, including potentials.

Like, is the Ideal Karen's insane damage boost potential against bosses worth the lower S-ATK when compared to the Ares and Slave weapon?
    Ideal Karen is only a couple % stronger than a max PB Ares Ryuuga. Ares Ryuuga is the best overall, while Skull katana is good for Guren/Asagiri dashing (and very little else), and Slave Kuuga's potential is too impractical to use for katana since they burn through PP very quickly.

You should go for Ares, the gap between Ideal and Ares in terms of mobbing is much greater than the gap between Ideal and Ares for bossing.

Ares beats Slave overall, in that you don't have to play as if you only have half of your PP. If you manage to get 3k+ attack overall with Katana Gear active, then Max PB Ares will beat Slave's 300 attack boost all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Ideal Karen is only a couple % stronger than a max PB Ares Ryuuga. Ares Ryuuga is the best overall, while Skull katana is good for Guren/Asagiri dashing (and very little else), and Slave Kuuga's potential is too impractical to use for katana since they burn through PP very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    You should go for Ares, the gap between Ideal and Ares in terms of mobbing is much greater than the gap between Ideal and Ares for bossing.

Ares beats Slave overall, in that you don't have to play as if you only have half of your PP. If you manage to get 3k+ attack overall with Katana Gear active, then Max PB Ares will beat Slave's 300 attack boost all of the time.
    Thanks for the answer.

Argh...I was afraid people were going to say the Ares...

Well, off to go fight Anga Fundarge...again and again and again and again...

Three questions:

Do PS Vita blocks really have less spawns even if you're on a PC?

What does the description for Block# 222 say?

I just got a new Saiki set and I plan on doing just 3 affixes for now since I'm basically out of meseta.

If I wanted it to be (temporarily) beneficial for striking, ranged, and tech; what would you guys recommended for only 3 affixes? I have stuff to make them have Apprentice Soul, Mutation, and Stigma but I wasn't sure if that would be a waste or not
    Last edited by 000111; Sep 11, 2015 at 01:10 PM.
    Spoiler!

I've never played as a force before since I started playing PSO on the dreamcast so had a few questions:

what should I focus on in terms of skill points?
    style?
    what is usually preferred tech wise?
    Tech or Force?
    Last edited by viciousbrandon; Sep 11, 2015 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rion__ View Post
    Hmm...maybe I should have clarified that first question. I have Braver as a main class, and I was trying to figure out which 13* katana is generally considered better, including potentials.

Like, is the Ideal Karen's insane damage boost potential against bosses worth the lower S-ATK when compared to the Ares and Slave weapon?
    Lolllll read that as up to 13*

Quote Originally Posted by 000111 View Post
    I just got a new Saiki set and I plan on doing just 3 affixes for now since I'm basically out of meseta. If I wanted it to be (temporarily) beneficial for striking, ranged, and tech; what would you guys recommended for only 3 affixes?

I have stuff to make them have Apprentice Soul, Mutation, and Stigma but I wasn't sure if that would be a waste or not
    You can probably just upslot from 2 -> 3 with Apprentice/Vinculum/Spi3 or something for pretty cheap as long as you don't mind non-100% successes.

Quote Originally Posted by viciousbrandon View Post
    I've never played as a force before since I started playing PSO on the dreamcast so had a few questions:

what should I focus on in terms of skill points?
    style?
    what is usually preferred tech wise?
    Tech or Force?
    Force main gives more damage for casting than any other main, due to Element Conversion alone. FOTE is the most versatile one, but FOBR or TEBR works, too, but you have to match element weakness and the element mastery that goes with it. BR subclass will give you the highest multipliers, but PP management becomes much more difficult. With Compound Techs, though, FOTE becomes even better a choice than it already is.

If you can't afford multiple skill trees, then a Fire+Light+Dark build will probably be the best choice, as fire is good for mobbing and Light and Dark is good for bossing, and Fire+Dark gives you an amazing Fomelgion. But ideally, you'd need multiple skill trees for each element to be the most efficient possible.

Skills to get (roughly in the order you should take them) are:
    Force
    Charge PP Revival
    T-ATK High Up
    Element Conversion
    Tech Charge Advance 1&2
    Tech JA Advance
    Element Masteries (Flame Tech S Charge is absolutely necessary for fire, as well.)
    Talis Tech Bonus
    Rare Mastery Force (1 point only, of course.)
    Maybe 1 point in the other two Mastery 1s if you can't afford multiple trees.
    Photon Flare Afterburst

Techter
    Element Weak Hit
    Territory Burst
    PP Convert
    PP Restorate
    Super Treatment
    Element Mastery 1&2 (preferably on two elements)
    T-ATK Up 2 (don't put more than 3 into T-ATK Up 1)
    Territory PP Save (1 point at least)
    Maybe 2 and 1 in the third element's Mastery 1 and 2, respectively

HERE is a example of what you can have.
    The TE tree here is the tree I use when I use my Light+Dark TE tree.
    The FO tree here is a modified version of my Fire FO tree in order to take 1 point in the other two Masteries. If you like Photon Flare, you can sacrifice Charge Escape and Rod Keep Bonus if you don't find those too helpful for you. Also, if you don't plan to use a Talis (but you should use one to be more efficient), then you can transfer points from Talis Tech Bonus to something else, too. T-ATK Up 2 is an option if you can salvage enough points from other places to max it (not worth it unless you max it, though).
    Last edited by Perfect Chaos; Sep 11, 2015 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Lots of typos
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Wow that's awesome. Thanks for the info Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by 000111 View Post
    Three questions:

Do PS Vita blocks really have less spawns even if you're on a PC?
    I've been on PS Vita blocks alot for things like EQs and AQs but never noticed less spawns while playing on PC,however the longer PSE is nice.
    Ship2:
    xCherryRose lvl Bo 80+/Br 75+/Fo 75+/Gu 75+/Fi 75+/Hu 75+/Te 75+/Ra 50+/Su 75+/Hero 14.

Vita block (even if playing on a PC) has both less spawns and a lower mob limit. Play AQ more and you'll notice a distinct difference.