Page 90 of 254 FirstFirst ... 408087888990919293100140190 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    what potential should i choose with those 2 element?
    should i go mid range? or long range?
    Everyone who has answered the first question always said dark, since it works with Fomelgion as well

Long range is better, since it actually has a closer minimum range than the Medium latent (which is surprising since 1% more damage isn't worth the perfect range positioning, think Holding Current)
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Hi, I'm still relatively new to fo/te (54/42) but I want to know some things

1. I'm doing 10k foies on weak points with a latent 3 red rod (1205 tatk + latent damage) How to make these values higher like other people? Where is most of my damage coming from?
    2. My red rod is fire 50 for element bonus. Should I be going for light 60 when I get a 13* rod or still fire?

Ty so much and I'm most contactable through pms/discord/skype, a group I'm in (Name is Kittehka/Tai) which is pso2 related so I'd encourage people to join is open to new members right now. Pm me for the link, skype is amitai345 . Ty!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubakiden View Post
    Hi, I'm still relatively new to fo/te (54/42) but I want to know some things

1. I'm doing 10k foies on weak points with a latent 3 red rod (1205 tatk + latent damage) How to make these values higher like other people? Where is most of my damage coming from?
    2. My red rod is fire 50 for element bonus. Should I be going for light 60 when I get a 13* rod or still fire?

Ty so much and I'm most contactable through pms/discord/skype, a group I'm in (Name is Kittehka/Tai) which is pso2 related so I'd encourage people to join is open to new members right now. Pm me for the link, skype is amitai345 . Ty!
    1. Have you considered a Koushoushen from Maggy (2nd phase) and Blazing 3 craft?
    If I remember correctly, red weapons for techs are kinda...bad compared to S-att and R-att weapons (if someone wants to pitch in the info. pls do).

2. Probably 60 Fire. But hell, why not both? Only reason I get fire is because if the enemy isnt weak to my elements then I just spam Safoie. Ragrants is great as well but I simply like less charge time from the fire tree.

Quote Originally Posted by InvertedWyvern View Post
    If I remember correctly, red weapons for techs are kinda...bad compared to S-att and R-att weapons (if someone wants to pitch in the info. pls do).
    From the information I saw being pitched around, it's because the silva+ tier of weapon crafting give a dex bonus based on rarity and doesn't auto bump the minimum damage floor. Raising the minimum is more or less based on the weapon attack, and rod got an "unhealthy" amound compared to the rest, so it require a larger dex total. Which usually mean trading Tatk for Dex (aka, less maximum and crit always use the maximum, not that crit matter much for FOTE in the 1st place).

An another factor is the weapon element not being affected by damage variance. So it's always a flat static number in the damage formula, before damage multipliers from skill tree and weapon potential. Technics completly ignore weapon element, and element is only relevant for FO's Element Conversion, a multiplier that is added after the base damage variance. This result in a larger variance.

TL;DR = Rod require more dex for same damage variance as S/Ratk weapon. Element for technic is a multiplier after the weapon variance instead of being added to base damage as a static number.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Actually regarding the 60 element rod...

Depends.
    Ideally you'll want everything to be Austere but get a light first. Fire is jack in boss EQs and Ragrants is the highest DPS tech when all weaknesses are removed.
    Thanks milandril . 3.b

It all depends on what you get, yeah. Austere is the overall best now for every element, but it's difficult, time consuming and expensive to get a rainbow set of those so it would take a while. The other rods are by no means bad though, Austere isn't actually a large jump in power over most of them. In my personal opinions, Ares is best with Fire or Lightning (assuming crafted Foie/Bolt Tech PP Save, meaning your techs will be cheap enough that Ketos Proi will be unnecessary), Ideal is best with Light or Ice, Nemesis is obviously best with Light, and Shallist is best with Dark or Ice. Xie sucks, I can't speak on the viability of Slave, and everything I said also applies to talises minus Shallist since there's no equivalent talis for that, and Light is a bit iffy with talis because Ragrants is much easier to make use of with a rod. Be sure not to neglect talis of course, because Talis Tech Bonus is amazing.
    Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns.
    Yet by the blade of knights, mankind was given hope.

Any good fo/te build for talis? I've been looking it for long time but could find only for staff. I think that I'll be using more fire/dark based skills. Also links in this thread expired long time ago. Can anyone please help? I've never played a magic class here.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    Everyone who has answered the first question always said dark, since it works with Fomelgion as well

Long range is better, since it actually has a closer minimum range than the Medium latent (which is surprising since 1% more damage isn't worth the perfect range positioning, think Holding Current)
    thanks for the reply.

still this shallist range potent kinda need to get used to...
    i keep losing the range whenever mobs turn it hate and rush to me.

damn weird potential

Quote Originally Posted by Kurome View Post
    Any good fo/te build for talis? I've been looking it for long time but could find only for staff. I think that I'll be using more fire/dark based skills. Also links in this thread expired long time ago. Can anyone please help? I've never played a magic class here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    Ever considered a Fire/Light/Dark build? http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skill...0jdoIb0000000j

Resta Advance is totally not worth it, so reallocating them to max PP Convert and putting 1 into Territory PP Save will help you more. Having that 1 point into TPPS will reduce the cost of Shifta/Deband/Zanverse/Megiverse/Zondeel/Anti by 3 PP.
    Even if you won't use Dark Techs, that 40% damage helps with both the Fire and Dark damage portions of Fomelgion. It gives you more options if you decide to try out Dark techs.
    You won't miss some T-atk from the skilltree when you've got an extra element to use.
    Those points into Wind Mastery honestly won't help much.
    Shifta Advance barely increases the gain from Shifta overall.

Left in the TE main skills but you can remove them and place into Wand Gear+Lovers if you want.
    Your fire tree has all of the essentials, so nothing to add.
    Last edited by Alma; Nov 8, 2015 at 05:31 PM.

Thanks a lot! It's exactly what I was looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Alma View Post
    what potential should i choose with those 2 element?
    should i go mid range? or long range?.