Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Honestly, I wasn't aiming for having a legitimate plot or anything, more like just casual roleplaying. Go ahead and make a backstory for your character and stuff, it'll make understanding your character easier. I was thinking of just going by the EP4 plot, while simply being an ARKS member in-game instead of talking and interacting as though you're an actual player. Think of it like how Kato explains roleplaying to Itsuki in the third episode of the anime. A plot is optional.

Hit the beat, you beat! Vintasticvin's Avatar

DREWski mah boiiii its been so long glad to see you're doing well and yeah I'm pretty psyched for the madness coming in this xpac and would be thrilled in meeting up with you in game again! And yeah the anime is actually pretty cool even though the fans say so otherwise.

I'm in the central time zone and on during the weeknights on weekends I'm usually always online. Just Pm me since my contact list is maxed.

VIN! I'm gonna try and get a group together for Episode 4. With the much more casual, slice-of-life-esque feel to this episode, I'm sure it'll be easier to bring together RPers, and have some fun. Hopefully I can use the plot to work off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanverse View Post
    VIN! I'm gonna try and get a group together for Episode 4. With the much more casual, slice-of-life-esque feel to this episode, I'm sure it'll be easier to bring together RPers, and have some fun. Hopefully I can use the plot to work off of.
    Oh fuck yes! I'd be more than happy to swing by and see what you have to propose and maybe I can get whatever people I can to visit your meeting etc.

As for the plot hopefully theres still translators here that can fill us in on Whats going on and then you can use what little info we got to come up with something but shouldn't this wait until two-three more matter boards are released?
    Last edited by Vintasticvin; Jan 26, 2016 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanverse View Post
    Honestly, I wasn't aiming for having a legitimate plot or anything, more like just casual roleplaying. Go ahead and make a backstory for your character and stuff, it'll make understanding your character easier. I was thinking of just going by the EP4 plot, while simply being an ARKS member in-game instead of talking and interacting as though you're an actual player. Think of it like how Kato explains roleplaying to Itsuki in the third episode of the anime. A plot is optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by IronKrone View Post
    I guess the whole BG/plot for this kind of depends on what OP has in mind?

It could simply based off on whichever direction ep 4 and anime is taking; meaning, it may be possible to have characters who are from Earth or actual Arks members coming down to Earth to fight Phantom enemies. It could also be some sort of an AU, which was what the last RP was.

But I do think it may be a little weird if new trainee Arks (whether they're actual citizens in the Oracle or Earthings) can simply jump into any areas and fight big scary bad guys.
    If anything Alternate Universe of PSO2 and it's own original plot - I am perfectly okay to jump in if that's the case as long as the plots are driven out with character developments. But yes, a regular citizen to be naturally good at something in combat is not common and it's usually marysue/Newtype kind of thing going on there.

Casual roleplaying is usually nice if that is their thing. I won't judge. I sometimes like that way. Though I do hope it'll go just more than slice of life.

Slice of life roleplay? Haha, sounds...interesting. I'd be willing to give it a try

sig by me, PM if you want to request one.
    Ship 2/Ship 4:
    Sakia HU FI newearl | アモリ RAmarl | Hasumi FO RA caseal | ぴょましFOnewearl | 白井 BR HU Duman | リーヨウ RA GU caseal| Rena SU FI| マテオ HU/NK

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Slice of life roleplay? Haha, sounds...interesting. I'd be willing to give it a try
    You who onows you might like or it mau just make you wanna poke at those who like it.

As far as Slice Of Life goes I think it'd be great for those who are totally new or interested in it or grizzled vets looking for something where stakes are removed etc. Supa happeh faun teim!
    Last edited by Vintasticvin; Jan 26, 2016 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldotsk View Post
    But yes, a regular citizen to be naturally good at something in combat is not common and it's usually marysue/Newtype kind of thing going on there.
    Not that sometimes quite extensive combat training has been rather common for de facto civilians in more violent societies (like, well, most European ones before about 19th century) though obviously we're not dealing with one of those here. However it's not particularly implausible that the Fleet would maintain some kind of "home guard" organisation to help repel and contain attacks on the ships themselves. And there's presumably some kind of law-enforcement organisation that would logically also be trained to assist in such tasks. (Not to mention the possibility of individuals studying such skills as a hobby or whatever, and former professional combatants.) And in a civilisation permanently dwelling in spaceships basic technical skillsl and emergency damage-control procedures are for obvious reasons going to be at least as widely taught as first aid.

As such it's not terribly far-fetched for an ostensible Fleet civilian to have at least a basic grasp of combat-relevant skills, though they're unlikely to be at the level of extensively trained pros like ARKS field ops (nevermind now veteran ones). As-such this would also go for many hypothetical Earthling recruits too since military service is a thing and kinda mandatory for all males at least in many countries, and the First World ones train their conscripts rather well - and even the shitty third-world ones the regime doesn't really trust at least get taught what part of the gun goes towards the enemy. How much of such training is at all relevant for ARKS photonic weaponry is another thing entirely ofc, but at least it'd more or less give basic familiarity with the Ranger combat style...

...and there I go writing mini-essays again. :|

Enforcer of Evil™

Yeah, ARKS aren't mercenaries, they're pretty much Oracle's military (and having mercenaries as your whole military is... Uh... I mean, buying people to fight for you with no defenses of your own? Yeaaaah nah).
    How the story will go exactly is still up in the air. The anime hinted things but hasn't dived deep into it yet, and the new story chapter isn't playable yet. Hopefull it'll be more than just an introduction.
    PSO2 Ship 2 : オゲラウン ("ogeraun"), caseal HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO/SU75. Have a good time.
    Also, team leader of exceRPt, the semi-RP team.

Quote Originally Posted by Dycize View Post
    Yeah, ARKS aren't mercenaries, they're pretty much Oracle's military (and having mercenaries as your whole military is... Uh... I mean, buying people to fight for you with no defenses of your own? Yeaaaah nah).
    How the story will go exactly is still up in the air. The anime hinted things but hasn't dived deep into it yet, and the new story chapter isn't playable yet. Hopefull it'll be more than just an introduction.
    Its gonna be an intro for sure and hi Bravo Klms1 that was quite a read and nice tidbit of info there.