Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: PSO2 x FFXIV

Quote Originally Posted by Gaentz View Post
    >Nyau
    Pls no
    Gal Gryphon would look far less out of place
    The idea that was going around, was to have a FATE where Nyau shows up, and then pulls a bigger actually better monster out afterwards, like Gal Gryphon. Similar to what he does in the LQ's and such in PSO2.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

just because FF14 is more traditional mmo doesnt mean it doesnt have intense action packed fights. and recent fights have less telegraphed atatcks. theres still telegraphs but not marks on the ground.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pdqUzOH_Hg

this is probally the closest thing to a falz like fight sephirot.
    https://youtu.be/uw2GCfza0Q4?t=4m24s

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Quote Originally Posted by Gaentz View Post
    >Nyau
    Pls no
    Gal Gryphon would look far less out of place
    How about that monster that sat in the chair and had a spear. It was summonsing BIG baddie monsters left, and right.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Team: Outsourced Mutiny lostinseganet's Avatar
    Lost somewhere between seganet and the grave

Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    Lets be real, if ANY of us were in charge we'd add a limit to the number of Moons that can be used in an EQ or change the limit to 1 Moon per player. Or remove Moons entirely and make the Tech Skill more viable by turning it into a semi-Tech that needs to be fully cast in order to revive players.

Who designs an RPG where you literally have 72 confirmed revival items per MPA + any additional Scapedolls people decide to waste real money on?
    You make the enemies Ninja Gaiden hard, but each move needs to be avoidable in some way.
    You need good D...!? Well so do I!
    PSO 2 + D.D.R.♪, Playable Instruments, AND karaoke! Think of the Competitive Anime Conventions!Dreamcast was art, and like art it was not appreciated until it was DEAD
    I like teh magics in my melee. Not teh melee in ma magics (^_0),
    Lostinseganet: Self proclaimed Melee FOrce!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Here's a post from the producers of FFXIV:

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne
    Q: A collaboration event with Phantasy Star Online 2 has been announced in Japan, but are there any information for collaboration on FFXIV side?

A: We haven’t decided on this yet. In order to maintain FFXIV’s graphic quality, we’re required to decide on the overall dev. schedule for the long term, and for this reason plans for collaboration needs to be made after this.

The quality for Phantasy Star Online 2s version of Odin was pretty great, so we want to return with something great on our side as well.
    So it sounds like they want to do something cool, but at the moment they can't. Once they allocate their resources, they'll probably throw anything they can at returning the favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    just because FF14 is more traditional mmo doesnt mean it doesnt have intense action packed fights. and recent fights have less telegraphed atatcks. theres still telegraphs but not marks on the ground.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pdqUzOH_Hg

this is probally the closest thing to a falz like fight sephirot.
    https://youtu.be/uw2GCfza0Q4?t=4m24s
    Agreed! I absolutely love those two boss fights in FF14. They are really amazing overall.

I'm a bit sad that when I showed recordings of those two fights to a friend of mine that plays PSO2(among a few other action-themed MMOs), she said it didn't look that impressive. That it was too slow paced, and the music was apparently not giving an intense feeling about the fights.

I'm kinda unhappy about that disagreement of opinions about that, but it's her opinion. :/

On another note, I think Odin probably was the best choice of primal to bring in PSO2 as a boss fight. The other primals are either not symbolic/famous enough, or there are some extra complications regarding them.

Like the primals in ARR have basically 2/3 difficulty settings(Normal/Hard/Extreme), which might make it uncertain as to which version to bring in PSO2.
    Although let's be honest...it might be good that they're not bringing Titan Extreme...because they wouldn't want PSO2 players to rage at Titan Extreme's difficulty ;P
    Not to mention Phoenix and Bahamut might be too spoilery, along with being raid bosses in FF14 instead of a 'Trial' like most other primals.

While the Heavensward primals are pretty nifty, they aren't as significant and as popular as the other classic FF primals/eidolons/summons.
    Big shame because Sephirot might have made an awesome boss in PSO2 too.

Odin on the other hand, isn't connected to the main story of FF14(unlike the other primals), and he's kinda on his own. He does make a great candidate for a collab boss fight.

Big props to the PSO2 team to have managed to emulate the Odin fight so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Natsu Nem View Post
    I hope Odin's 30 second Shin-Zentetsuken cast would be the same insanely tight damage check as it was in FFXIV.

PSO2 Shin-Zentetsuken will probably be you'll see for only 6 seconds or bypassed completely by BR/GUs.
    I doubt we will ever get a really hard DPS check in this game since SEGA has to balance it around the average mpa which is a group of randoms of all gear and skill levels who don't communicate with each other.

I think Falz Angel would make a nice boss?

I honestly think this is going to be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    I think Falz Angel would make a nice boss?
    I think so, too. To me he's annoying, but I think his way of fighting is suitable for FFXIV: big AOE attacks, can inflict ailment status, and a finishing move to fear. If Square can make him to ignore the main tank, he could be an excellent boss for them.