Page 209 of 213 FirstFirst ... 109159199206207208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2124

Quote Originally Posted by EmuManiac View Post
    Oh, it makes sense now, thank you very much! It is one of the matterboard scenes in Episode 3, chapter 5... As Sirius-91 said (and I just confirmed), most of the scenes in chapters 4 and 5 are untranslated and this will not be fixed in the near future, maybe it will never be fixed (in chapter 4 only story quest scenes are translated, except for 1 scene)
    Those aren't really important scenes which is the main reason the translation team didn't bother with them til after they were caught up with the story. But pretty much Melronidia is putting into practice what Elder, Gettemhart, told her to do at the end of chapter 4. I.E. don't be tied to the past and just look to the future.

Yeah, that's what I gathered, but thank you for the explanation

After my experience with Google translation I would like to thank the PSO2 translation team for all that they did for us once more! Man... Since for some stupid idiotic reason the game doesn't save story texts in the logs, extracting them is an excruciating pain... But that pales in comparison with the translation! It seems that every weird Japanese hieroglyph can have multiple meanings, like a single word in English language, however a combination of 2 weird hieroglyphs has another meaning, etc... So if a sentence contains 5 hieroglyphs, it's a potential 5! = 120 variants, since there are no spaces! How the hell are you guys doing this?!
    Last edited by EmuManiac; Oct 2, 2016 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmuManiac View Post
    After my experience with Google translation I would like to thank the PSO2 translation team for all that they did for us once more! Man... Since for some stupid idiotic reason the game doesn't save story texts in the logs, extracting them is an excruciating pain... But that pales in comparison with the translation! It seems that every weird Japanese hieroglyph can have multiple meanings, like a single word in English language, however a combination of 2 weird hieroglyphs has another meaning, etc... So if a sentence contains 5 hieroglyphs, it's a potential 5! = 120 variants, since there are no spaces! How the hell are you guys doing this?!
    We have a team of translators for this, but they all work and go to school, so time constraints suck.

General process is hunting for said ICE file, then translating the script once we find it.
    Meanwhile, we copy and paste the dialog from in-game to our shared repo for the translators, to expedite the translation process.

The japanese language isn't something you can translate and be done with, for that it goes to an editing process that essentially cleans up the dialog, often rewording several sentences to make it sound better in english.
    Then it's packed up and repacked into an ice file, for which the transam program is configured to modify.

All of this takes time, and the difference between professional and volunteer translations is both speed and time. They're paid and follow a deadline, we aren't paid and our deadline is when the product is finished.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man, it sure is a lot of work! Thanks for doing all this

If we put together some money and paid you, would you go back and finish EP 3?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePendragon View Post
    If we put together some money and paid you, would you go back and finish EP 3?
    Pretty sure time is an issue too. They can't just quit their day jobs for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Pretty sure time is an issue too. They can't just quit their day jobs for this.
    Yes, let's call our bosses/school that we're going to be working on a fan translation project and that we cannot commit to doing work/school right now.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

http://pastebin.com/5gqwEkBs
    This is how you want it right? This is the one I know off the top of my head. I'll see if I can't find more for you.

Edit: Almost done with Episode 2's main events.
    Last edited by Rooks33; Oct 30, 2016 at 12:39 AM.

Here is the list of Episode 2 main events missing translations.

http://pastebin.com/6zVdN5Zu
    Last edited by Rooks33; Oct 31, 2016 at 01:40 AM.