Page 212 of 254 FirstFirst ... 112162202209210211212213214215222 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2539

did some damage calc between epd/atra/nem rods and demonia/atra/nem for talis since atra rod s4 can proxy epd's pot and can be swapped to talis
    http://4rt.info/psod/?fcktq

took first hit on ra to proxy talis tech on talises to showcase that epd beast gets really close to non-demonia talis tech numbers
    atra were affixed to 150 since thats the most right now 4slots can get you before you have to take s4, phrase weak and the 2% damage s1 to catch up to a 7s 200 phrase weak affix of nem/slave
    when t-atk reverie comes out and if you have 8s atra then absolute max will be 5s 40app.soul/45techVI/40elegant/40reverie/30various or 195 before you have to take the s4, phrase and ambition of desire (the 2% s1) to keep up

funny that atra rod ekes out ahead of nem nt rod, but nem nt talis ekes out ahead of atra talis

I dont even main force, but I may prioritize atra rod over other weapons just for the free rainbow palette.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chills View Post
    can be swapped to talis
    Probs better to keep it on Rod unless you already have EPD. The fact that it boosts off-elements makes this give you by far the strongest compound techs (bar EPD ofc) because it applies full elecon to every hit instead of just half. Especially considering the upcoming update where they are gonna separate comp tech CDs.
    Last edited by escarlata; Dec 22, 2017 at 06:05 AM.

yeah i wasn't implying talis over rod, was just trying to cover all relevant scenarios cause i included talises in the damage calc
    i def snagged the first 8s bal rod i saw, even lucked out and got one w s3 normal pp rec on it

ive been trying to figure out all implications of equal e.convert benefits, (in other words benefits of 1 atra over 6 nems) so far got:
    -superior compounds
    -superior/constantly good ramegid0
    -superior off-element travel tech damage
    -weapon pallette comfort
    -way smaller affix costs/headaches
    -custom pot tailored to rod(like pp recovery on normals s2/s3)
    -ability to pass on ssa's once its replaced

yeah atra rod is awesome, def one of the top picks for atra wep overall

any dragon fighting bits as fo?
    i tried fo/fi with atra/ice qliff talis, but felt like he pressures too much making you spend more time micromanaging talis than casting ilbarta, making rod safer
    maybe there are ways to position behind him to proc wise and give room for talis? or maybe just main rod mostly then swap to talis for last hit of ilbarta

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chills View Post
    -custom pot tailored to rod(like pp recovery on normals s2/s3)
    I feel like it may be better to go S1 20% PPR w. S3 17% PPR (probably w. S2 10% PP save) on a Rod instead because PPR applies multiplicatively with Te PPR, which means 1.96x natural PP regen to spam techs with without ever running dry.

any dragon fighting bits as fo?
    i tried fo/fi with atra/ice qliff talis, but felt like he pressures too much making you spend more time micromanaging talis than casting ilbarta, making rod safer
    maybe there are ways to position behind him to proc wise and give room for talis? or maybe just main rod mostly then swap to talis for last hit of ilbarta
    Agree that Ilbarta feels really clumsy to use in dragon, especially if a red weakspot gets disappears before you reach the last hit. The one time I tried I just ended up spamming Gimegid instead, with Angely Misty Ilbarta 1-6 into Talis 7 for when I have PPC up. Never once before would I have thought I would lament about a boss having Ice weakness.
    Last edited by escarlata; Dec 23, 2017 at 12:07 AM.

Atra Rod is best option for Fo/Te atm, obviously because of S4 rainbow in one weapon, as for other i think S1 20% PPR, S2 -10% PP cost, S3 17% PPR.

P.S. also Phrase Recovery SAF is good idea with this setup imo.
    Last edited by LancerFate; Dec 23, 2017 at 12:25 AM.
    “Even If you’ve only got a 1% chance of winning, but you convince yourself you’re gonna lose, that 1% becomes 0%.” – Lina Inverse

yeah you guys are totally right i got overexcited when i saw a s3 normals on 8s rod so i jumped the gun
    luckily there was a "cheap" 8s talis with s1 radiant grace i was able to just barely afford and boy do those 2 ppr's stack nicely!
    currently got: s4/s3ppr/s1ppr/phrase.weak/magi/t5/flict/elegant at 135t-atk 10pp cause no way i can afford s2 right now even at lower slots...

but yeah now xmas wishlist consists of: 8s ray wep from solo pd, s2 drop from dragon and 8s ether pieces, nothing too major, lol...fml

I need to know how do you even get the rod/atra weps? I didn't bother looking at the pso2 station update stuff since I was getting some zzz's.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    I need to know how do you even get the rod/atra weps? I didn't bother looking at the pso2 station update stuff since I was getting some zzz's.
    buy from player shop or drop only from Dragon Raid. +35 val for Title Material to convert into Atra

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    I feel like it may be better to go S1 20% PPR w. S3 17% PPR (probably w. S2 10% PP save) on a Rod instead because PPR applies multiplicatively with Te PPR, which means 1.96x natural PP regen to spam techs with without ever running dry.
    That's still only 10 PP/sec. ST is almost 3 times that, but even it won't sustain every tech. For now I'm leaning toward the 7% PP cost reduction S1. Although the combined 1.4 times PPR is a lot more than previous PP recovery increasing potentials we've had. If you find yourself using long cast time techs or in a quest where ST is going to be up all the time, PPR is the way to go. Uncharged and rapid casting techs or limited ST and PB opportunity, go PP cost.

Agree that Ilbarta feels really clumsy to use in dragon, especially if a red weakspot gets disappears before you reach the last hit. The one time I tried I just ended up spamming Gimegid instead, with Angely Misty Ilbarta 1-6 into Talis 7 for when I have PPC up. Never once before would I have thought I would lament about a boss having Ice weakness.
    This EQ makes you feel the range limit on techs for sure. If it wasn't for that, Ilbarta all day. I've found myself using Ilzonde more than usual, trying to hug the dragon's front feet. It's a good place to be for PP recovery and getting up to the dragon's head when it's down. Barta can hit at least some the elevated weakspots. I have mine crafted for efficiency, so I use it to keep PP up when I want to save for a burst attack. The camera becomes a downside to staying close to the dragon though.

I'm still trying to learn patterns, I've wasted a few Barantsion opportunities by being in the wrong place. Honestly though, your very best strategy is to rush for the swords when they're on the field. I think those should have been exclusive to the very end of the quest and the dragon should maybe be toned down slightly before that.