Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Either seriously nerf ranged damage
    I have a better idea:
    Spoiler!

I'm more concerned with how tech craft works with the new techs.
    Does the power of Multi 3 Razan suddenly jump to 900 if the demerit is -10%? 540/3*5?

Quote Originally Posted by Remz69 View Post
    pretty sure hit detection is client side
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrylic View Post
    Correct.
    Either this doesnt apply to bosses or there is some serious bullshit going on with this game.

Because I'm still extremely salty over a Elder run from 2 weeks ago where I was able to;

1. Turn on KC and thusly CE
    2. Throw out a Hatou

ONLY

TO GET HIT

MID HATOU

WHILE IN KATANA COMBAT.

Let's not forget the countless times I defend before Elder arm even STARTS to extend towards MPA as an attack, and I STILLLLL get fucking bopped. Like straight up SMACKED, guarding be damned.

That shit is infuriating on popular blocks.

Damage is calculated server side, but hit detection is client side.

So the attack collided with your hitbox on your screen, but the game didn't think you were invincible yet due to lag.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

That's fucking crazy then because that was a massive gap of time between activation and getting hit.

Clearly it's not a problem for JP natives, but fuck everyone else because that is really bad network design wise.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Clearly it's not a problem for JP natives, but fuck everyone else because that is really bad network design wise.
    I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with network design and everything to do with literally being far from the servers.

I have the exact same problem with every game I've played that has it's servers hosted on the west coast for instance.

Yeah point I wasn't thinking when I said that.

I'm also spoiled by GGPO so that was a factor in my stupid post.

That being said, I've never had this problem with any game that had me play with people across the globe, but maybe I just had good luck.

That being said, I've never had this problem with any game that had me play with people across the globe, but maybe I just had good luck.
    Play TF2 with a 360-600 ms fluctuating ping.

Play pyro.

Play airblast pyro.

Ruin the server.

What's your ping/latency? If it's that noticeable and extreme, then I'd imagine you have something like >500ms, which causes serious shenanigans in practically any online game that requires constantly refreshing positions/attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    In PSE bursts you're close enough to use approach and AoE PAs, Wired lances, or whatever, you don't need to go anywhere. Mobs spawn for players about 1-2 quadrents away so I dunno how making sure you're first in line would ruin that. I meant running ahead so you're in front and have time to use an apporach, not leaving the MPA behind and exploring the other side of the map or something. I see bravers do it all the time.

Also I said it was an option, not that it was necessarily a good one, hence the "I guess".
    Yeah but it's still much more efficient to be ranged so you can crowd up during PSE and get all the Ketos/buffs flying about. It's also annoying to keep up ahead of a group when they decide to take a different path.

There's not really much to argue about since I mostly agreed; I just wanted to whinge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Honestly I don't even care if face roll ranged is better at killing trash than me or kills everything before I get there.

What I want is to stop being FORCED to play with ranged classes because any difficult/relevant content is locked behind 12 man EQ's.

Give me more 4 man content I can duo that's actually rewarding and challenging.
    Come to think of it there's no instance where you can single party Falz Angel can you?

Also shame you have to rely on a chance abduction to do SH Darker's Den.
    PSO2 Ship 6
    HacksawJimcuttn - HU 75 | FI 75 | RA 75 | GU 75 | FO 75 | TE 75 | BR 75 | BO 75 | SU x

Queso - RA/HU