Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thinking about buying PC PSO2 episode 2 and 3 JP

Hello, I'm from the USA. Is it possible for me to play on JP servers, and if so, is there anything I need to know before installing?

I see a lot of English people speaking and playing PSO2 on this site.

Sorry if it's a noob question, just joined today on this site after a long absence, I played PSO1 and PSO ver2, and briefly played PSU.

I tried going to PSO2.jp and could not load the site. What is VPN? I'm guessing the product number when you buy the game? I just bought the deluxe packages on episodes 2 and 3 but sadly won't get them till late this month.

Also, where is the Arks Layer Website, do you have a link?
    Last edited by Stryfe Lenayus; Mar 2, 2015 at 11:36 AM.

Here is this forum's link to the Tweaker, which is essentially the English Launcher. This is the link to the English installer (via torrent) thread, if you don't want to wait for the deluxe package to arrive before playing. The tweaker has info on how to connect via the PSO2Proxy in its info box.

EDIT: Just a quick warning; AIDA (the Tweaker dev) mentioned this:
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Yeah, it looks like a lot of the issues are caused by my moving the arks-layer server to a new host (our plan on the old server ran out and I moved it because the old server was slow and bad). Try giving it another 24 hours to fix itself. If it's still happening 24 hours from now, post again and we'll work on a solution.

Sorry!
    meaning that you might have issues with getting stuff from Arks-Layer right now.
    Last edited by Anduril; Mar 2, 2015 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks, I'm DL PSO2 from the Arks Layer site right now. I created a folder on my /C drive called PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2, and when I DL it I see its creating another folder inside it called PHANTSYSTARONLINE2. It also said that if Installed it in Program Files it wouldn't work.

Am I gonna have to delete a folder for it to work?

Also, can I still get my bonus stuff from my Japanese Deluxe sets when it comes in later this month?

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe Lenayus View Post
    Thanks, I'm DL PSO2 from the Arks Layer site right now. I created a folder on my /C drive called PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2, and when I DL it I see its creating another folder inside it called PHANTSYSTARONLINE2. It also said that if Installed it in Program Files it wouldn't work.

Am I gonna have to delete a folder for it to work?

Also, can I still get my bonus stuff from my Japanese Deluxe sets when it comes in later this month?
    It will work (on both my PCs I have it installed in the default install location), it's just a warning since sometimes the tweaker will not play well with the administrative elevation of the Program Files folder.
    Your bonus stuff will be a code that you input once in game.

Thank you for your help Anduril!

So is ship 2 heavily populated with an English speaking community?

Thank you for your help Anduril!

So is ship 2 heavily populated with an English speaking community?
    "Heavily" is subjective; Ship 2 has the largest English community, but the ship is primarily populated by Japanese players and the English players tend to just be spread out based on what mission level they are (there used to be a block that most English players congregated to, but after last year's DDoS it kinda dissipated). What you'll really want to do is find a good Team/Guild to play with.

Is there offline play like in the previous PSO's? that unlocked areas online?

Is there offline play like in the previous PSO's? that unlocked areas online?
    No offline at all. PSO2 is a free-to-play MMORPG where all character data is stored server-side.

To the Opening:

1rst of all you also need a SEGA ID to play and this is the hardest thing to do because of the Japanese Captcha but there's a guide about that around here. You may need a web proxy to access pso2.jp but check if you can enter normally 1rst.