PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Nitro Vordex
Aug 15, 2011, 07:42 PM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1433088500.png

I'm supposed to be getting 3.0mb/s down, and it's been like this at peak hours for over three months now.

Fuck Embarq/CenturyLink, and fuck whoever thought it would be a good idea to let ISPs maintain local monopolies and then oversell their fucking service with absolutely no intention of installing the hardware needed to maintain that usage. Now I know why CenturyLink sells itself on not having a data cap... because you can't get any fucking service anyhow!CenturyLink is becoming Qwest out here on the West Coast. Obviously renaming themselves CenturyLink, because it'll take you a century to get to said link. I'm so upset with Qwest being so shitty. They only recently got higher service (4 MB/s download!) in my area, because it wasn't available and they're too shit lazy to do anything. We finally upgraded to that internet, then we had to cancel because they apparently didn't realize we were existing customers, which was incredibly fucking stupid of them. $180 for an internet service that likes to cut out randomly? No thanks.

Ketchup345
Aug 15, 2011, 07:44 PM
Prices are insane for binders. All they seem to be is a thin plastic, cardboard, and a bit of metal. Guess my "project" will have to be put on hold for a bit.

joefro
Aug 17, 2011, 11:27 AM
I cannot stand textbooks that are "binder-ready." No. It basically kills used sales of the book and it's just really messy.

Ketchup345
Aug 17, 2011, 12:45 PM
I cannot stand textbooks that are "binder-ready." No. It basically kills used sales of the book and it's just really messy.Are those the ones with 3 holes pre-punched, and easy rip out pages?

Sord
Aug 17, 2011, 05:44 PM
Only such book I've ever purchase like that was a writing format cheat sheet sort of book. Fully described and gave examples of (MLA, APA, etc) along with how to properly cite sources and the like. Plus other grammatical stuff. I planned to keep (and still have) it but I can't imagine buying an actual textbook like that. If the binder rings are to big or small it screws with it, damages the paper or binding.

Mike
Aug 17, 2011, 09:11 PM
NDAs suck. And I am tired.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Aug 17, 2011, 11:44 PM
There was a fire by the mall that I work at. It was Spreading, and the Police urged us to leave. We call our manager to let them know of the situation. Not only did they not pick up at all. But they also didn't call back for a good while. And when they did, they wanted to make sure we cleaned, and closed everything down. Thanks for looking after our safety. :/

NoiseHERO
Aug 18, 2011, 12:07 AM
There was a fire by the mall that I work at. It was Spreading, and the Police urged us to leave. We call our manager to let them know of the situation. Not only did they not pick up at all. But they also didn't call back for a good while. And when they did, they wanted to make sure we cleaned, and closed everything down. Thanks for looking after our safety. :/

/facedesk

Oatmeal
Aug 18, 2011, 09:31 AM
My internship ends Friday and the jerks in the offices decided to cancel my account and plant access last night. I had to spend 20 minutes at the entry gate waiting to get cleared in and only got in that soon since my boss passed by and saw me. Then when I got to my workstation my account was disabled so I had to wait another hour to get that reactivated. :-x

RenzokukenZ
Aug 18, 2011, 06:07 PM
Was hit by a double whammy this week.

First, my cable/internet service gets mysteriously cut off for about 3 days. I called the service, and they scheduled a technician to show up on the 3rd day, which is today. The cause of the mystery? The apartment upstairs stole my cable. Gonna go have a little 'chat' with the residents of that apartment after this post.

And second? FedEx decided to 'let me go', so as of this morning I am officially unemployed.

Sord
Aug 18, 2011, 06:45 PM
Oh, shit, that sucks. Can you file for unemployment in the meantime?

RenzokukenZ
Aug 18, 2011, 07:08 PM
I'll try doing that when I readjust my sleep schedule from Nocturnal to Normal. It's gonna sting like hell seeing sunlight again...

EvilMag
Aug 18, 2011, 07:11 PM
Dad being a lazy prick and not taking me to Gamestop to get a new AC adapter for my PSP.

About to just ask him to give me the money and i'll either get my older brother to drive me or hell just walk there.

Sayara
Aug 19, 2011, 09:29 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq7g6dREY81qe41x3o1_500.jpg
Life in a nutshell.

Zynetic
Aug 19, 2011, 11:36 PM
^ Same here.

I also cannot sleep, despite it being 5:30AM, zzz.

Gunslinger-08
Aug 20, 2011, 12:50 AM
Was hit by a double whammy this week.

First, my cable/internet service gets mysteriously cut off for about 3 days. I called the service, and they scheduled a technician to show up on the 3rd day, which is today. The cause of the mystery? The apartment upstairs stole my cable. Gonna go have a little 'chat' with the residents of that apartment after this post.

And second? FedEx decided to 'let me go', so as of this morning I am officially unemployed.

At least you can enjoy threatening your neighbors with police action... and following through.

joefro
Aug 20, 2011, 01:54 AM
Are those the ones with 3 holes pre-punched, and easy rip out pages?
The pages are all three hole punched and they are not bound together. It has to be placed in a binder. It's not that bad of a set up but it was really expensive for a book that can't be rented or sold back.

Ketchup345
Aug 20, 2011, 10:15 AM
I find a job opening for an entry level spot (those are amazing find). I go to see what the job application is like. The page says my browser isn't supported, when I'm using Firefox 5 (I have one addon preventing me from upgrading to Firefox 6 until it is updated). I open the page in IE9, still says not compatible.

I just went to see what browsers are supported, the site only accepts: IE (except 9!), and Firefox before Firefox 4. Chrome, Netscape, Safari? Sorry.

If you are going to put your job application online, allow modern browsers!

Randomness
Aug 20, 2011, 11:41 AM
I find a job opening for an entry level spot (those are amazing find). I go to see what the job application is like. The page says my browser isn't supported, when I'm using Firefox 5 (I have one addon preventing me from upgrading to Firefox 6 until it is updated). I open the page in IE9, still says not compatible.

I just went to see what browsers are supported, the site only accepts: IE (except 9!), and Firefox before Firefox 4. Chrome, Netscape, Safari? Sorry.

If you are going to put your job application online, allow modern browsers!

IE9 can't display it? Is it coded to not appear or something in newer browsers? That makes no sense...

Ketchup345
Aug 20, 2011, 12:01 PM
IE9 can't display it? Is it coded to not appear or something in newer browsers? That makes no sense...I tried in Firefox 5.0. "Browser not supported". I Opened the same site in IE9. "Browser not supported". Grab an old version of Firefox, install it (and lose all my cookies! Fun.), and it works in 3.6.xxx.

I can't explain it. But what are they thinking not allowing their system to work with up to date browsers?

Randomness
Aug 20, 2011, 02:24 PM
I tried in Firefox 5.0. "Browser not supported". I Opened the same site in IE9. "Browser not supported". Grab an old version of Firefox, install it (and lose all my cookies! Fun.), and it works in 3.6.xxx.

I can't explain it. But what are they thinking not allowing their system to work with up to date browsers?

What I mean is, there's no reason for HTML and such to not work in newer browsers. Nor javascript, SQL, or anything else I can think of they'd be using for it. Unless for some asinine reason it's actually set (manually, in code) to display a not supported message for specific browsers. Which is stupid.

joefro
Aug 20, 2011, 03:05 PM
Applying to graduate school is a long and nervous process.

FOkyasuta
Aug 20, 2011, 11:54 PM
PM's.

Nuff said.

Ketchup345
Aug 22, 2011, 11:24 AM
The announcers for Formula 1 are always interrupting each other and talking over each other. Sometimes I can hear 2-3 voices at once and from just my TV speakers can't pick one voice to focus on.

Tyreek
Aug 23, 2011, 04:20 AM
4th Delinquency notice from Sallie Mae. I like how they skipped from the second and third notice lol.

Outrider
Aug 26, 2011, 12:03 PM
I'm not loving some of these changes in the Halo: Reach title update. It feels too much like 343i is trying to simply cater to the whining superfans and not really thinking about Reach as a balanced game.

Although, some of the worst ones seem to be optional, so that should help.

Oh also, hurricane Irene. I'm supposed to be all over Manhattan and New Jersey this weekend... which might be a problem.

Zarode
Aug 26, 2011, 03:32 PM
I'm not loving some of these changes in the Halo: Reach title update. It feels too much like 343i is trying to simply cater to the whining superfans and not really thinking about Reach as a balanced game.

Ugh, what are they doing to the last FPS I've loved?

Oh also, hurricane Irene. I'm supposed to be all over Manhattan and New Jersey this weekend... which might be a problem.

Bitch is running straight into cold weather territory. You guys are gonna see a little rain and a bit of wind, just not as a freezing flurry.

Palle
Aug 26, 2011, 04:39 PM
The announcers for Formula 1 are always interrupting each other and talking over each other. Sometimes I can hear 2-3 voices at once and from just my TV speakers can't pick one voice to focus on.
If we're talking about the same network, they also fall over themselves repeatedly as they heap praise upon Lewis Hamilton. Praise that is, at least in part, totally unfounded.

RenzokukenZ
Aug 26, 2011, 04:47 PM

As an avid pistol user, I don't really see the need for them to be given a buff. That's what the DMR is for.

I guess it will make sniping with the Magnum all the more humorous :-D

BIG OLAF
Aug 26, 2011, 07:52 PM
Rebecca Black jokes aren't funny anymore. Every Friday, I see or hear at least one person make a reference to her song, "Friday." Come now, people. Let's move on.

Leviathan
Aug 26, 2011, 10:08 PM
Not even this?

[spoiler-box]http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/8500491.jpg
I will admit bias, Stalin is interesting![/spoiler-box]

On-topic: Cell phone is disconnected and I am hanging out with friends tomorrow.

Outrider
Aug 27, 2011, 02:14 PM
As an avid pistol user, I don't really see the need for them to be given a buff. That's what the DMR is for.

I guess it will make sniping with the Magnum all the more humorous :-D

But that's the thing - the DMR and the pistol already do the same amount of damage to shields. So I guess the new pistol will be even stronger than the DMR?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 28, 2011, 03:44 AM
On-topic: Cell phone is disconnected and I am hanging out with friends tomorrow.
Your friends aren't your friends if they won't let you use their phones to call the other friends.

So spoiled. Do remember when only one of the crew had a phone in the mall, man. Or else had to call the 'rents with the pay phonulars. Wasn't the 80's but it was like 15 years ago.

-

Yeah what's with the Halols wanting to connect to old Halols?

(And can I use one DLC playlist online yet without having the other?)

Stop staring at the armor lock guy, crowding around him -even getting EMP shocked- and get the other 2-4:15 guys on the other team plz. Thanks. To rotate and instantly first step out of it to any 360 degree direction is pretty weird compared to what's shown by this Heavily Mass Armored Space Marine, "locked" into place.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Aug 28, 2011, 03:56 AM
A daddy long legs attacked me on the Toilet. o_o
It wasnt a Cane Spider, thank goodness..

Anyways. After living in Hawaii for well over a year, I finally got around to watching 50 first Dates. I'm a couple of years late, I know. Anyway, hearing Rob Schneider talk in Pidgin is painful. MY Pidgin is better than that shit, lol.

Also, thanks for killing "Sister Christian" for me, Old Navy.

GCoffee
Aug 28, 2011, 07:21 AM
I perfected my sarcasm to an extent people do not notice it is sarcasm anymore.
It..... sucks.

Gunslinger-08
Aug 28, 2011, 03:20 PM
Falling out of touch with people. I worked with some awesome people this summer, and I've hardly talked with any of them since we all went back home and/or back to school.

bns1991
Aug 28, 2011, 07:40 PM
I perfected my sarcasm to an extent people do not notice it is sarcasm anymore.
It..... sucks.
:yes:I can relate

Nitro Vordex
Aug 28, 2011, 08:33 PM
Maybe you're actually terrible at sarcasm, and you just don't know it, and everyone just thinks you're stupid.

joefro
Aug 28, 2011, 11:10 PM
But that's the thing - the DMR and the pistol already do the same amount of damage to shields. So I guess the new pistol will be even stronger than the DMR?

I watched the Halo Anniversary multiplayer panel earlier today and they explained how they would work this out. They said that the pistol would be the only weapon in the Anniversary playlist. The DMR is still going to be used for regular Reach hoppers. As far as I understand, when the pistol and the DMR are in the same game, the DMR is going to be stronger, but I'm really not sure on that. I didn't see all of the panel, just about twenty minutes of it.

GCoffee
Aug 29, 2011, 04:08 AM
Maybe you're actually terrible at sarcasm, and you just don't know it, and everyone just thinks you're stupid.

Not really, they ask 'Eh? How can you think that?' or 'What? Really?' as if I had been dead serious each time. I think I have to stretch one of the words more so it becomes more obvious again?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 29, 2011, 10:33 AM
If you have to say, "I was being sarcastic", then you're probably doing it wrong. Or you do it too much.

GCoffee
Aug 29, 2011, 10:54 AM
So good sarcasm means making yourself seem like a really bad actor?

Nitro Vordex
Aug 29, 2011, 11:25 AM
Good sarcasm means they pick up on it, while making them feel dumb, because what's the point of being sarcastic if they think you're being serious?

Outrider
Aug 29, 2011, 04:37 PM
I watched the Halo Anniversary multiplayer panel earlier today and they explained how they would work this out. They said that the pistol would be the only weapon in the Anniversary playlist. The DMR is still going to be used for regular Reach hoppers. As far as I understand, when the pistol and the DMR are in the same game, the DMR is going to be stronger, but I'm really not sure on that. I didn't see all of the panel, just about twenty minutes of it.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

So far everything I'm hearing from 343i is making it sound like their goal is more about listening to vocal minorities in the Halo community as compared to actually worrying about what makes a game great. After all, it's not always the best idea to give the fans what they want.

The annoying thing is that there are a bunch of really talented people over at 343i. So who knows? After the apparent misstep of this lazy Halo remake, maybe they'll make a Halo 4 that will blow us out of the water.

BIG OLAF
Aug 30, 2011, 01:18 AM
It feels like my lower back and hips are on fire. There goes the possibility of having any form of good sleep tonight. Sciatica sure is fun.

Ketchup345
Aug 31, 2011, 05:47 PM
I had lost power from 7AM Sunday until 4Pm today. Thanks Irene!

It sucked. A lot.

RenzokukenZ
Aug 31, 2011, 05:49 PM
At least you didn't lose everything else.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Aug 31, 2011, 06:56 PM
Friggin' Xbox keeps overheating. Apparently it's too hot over here to play Video games. Eff you too, Microsoft. Eff you too.

Randomness
Sep 1, 2011, 04:35 PM
Online games with teams.

Yes, I know I could have done better. But, frankly, when you just turtle up and let the other team farm up all they want, give them the ENTIRE MAP... It's not my fault when we lose, because there's no way I can come back on my own. And don't go acting like you "weren't blaming me" just because you didn't say "it's X's fault", when you spend the whole game saying "it's the person who did what X was doing's fault". I swear, some people... I enjoy the game, but the amount of shit I have to deal with from people who don't get that THEY CONTRIBUTE TO LOSING makes it hard for me to want to do anything but play against AI (Which is weak enough to stomp one handed)

EvilMag
Sep 1, 2011, 10:35 PM
Was playing PSP2 and was doing Undersea Ruins S and all of a sudden, the Vulgatus kills me. Then right when I died Magashi kills it and drops a fucking Rainbow Box which of course is Milla.

Fuck this game sometimes.

Ketchup345
Sep 2, 2011, 09:37 AM
I enrolled in one more class in college, which started last night.

Still have the materials from the lab portion on my hands. Hopefully it will come out soon.

BIG OLAF
Sep 2, 2011, 02:19 PM
A Call of Duty expo? Really?

:-)...

...:D...

...:lol:!!

...whew, couldn't hold back the laughter.

FOkyasuta
Sep 2, 2011, 02:29 PM
The fact that people still do that? Really?

:smile:...

...:grin:...

...:lol:!!

...whew, couldn't hold back the laughter.

That and people complain bout PSO2. Still in Alpha stage. Lawl.

Sayara
Sep 2, 2011, 03:18 PM
Its more so, people still complaining about people complaining about PSO2.

That kind of post is just as old as people crying about PSO2. <_<;'

FOkyasuta
Sep 2, 2011, 03:23 PM
Oh and another thing.

Touche.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 2, 2011, 10:50 PM
Holy fuck. I try to forget about someone and I frickin' can't. I know damn well she ain't missin' me, I really should stop missing her. :disapprove:

Ketchup345
Sep 3, 2011, 10:30 AM
What good is having a cell phone if you never answer it? I've tried to teach him how to use it, how to avoid accidentally hitting the mute button, etc., but he just can't get a hang of smartphones. He needs to go back to a traditional phone.

Go ahead and show some products in shows, I'm fine with that. But don't directly have characters make it clear advertising for something. Example: I'm fine with someone ordering a Jack and Coke and being done with it, but not a few characters spending a minute talking about a car's features over the course of a season.

Sayara
Sep 3, 2011, 05:52 PM
http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/301667_10150793904160481_624145480_20794971_166416 3_n.jpg
Life? Fuck that noise. Ill just go back to work

Ketchup345
Sep 3, 2011, 07:07 PM
Why is it that 90% of my weekends are boring with no events/plans, but those 10% I get asked to 5 different things a night? Sunday I have 2 parties to go to, 1 on Friday, then 2 on Saturday.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 3, 2011, 08:22 PM
90% of my weekends are work, with 10% being my "friends" ignoring me and not inviting me anywhere. :disapprove:

Sayara
Sep 3, 2011, 08:23 PM
we got a spot for one in L- op no wait we don't. SORRY ^.^

joefro
Sep 4, 2011, 04:42 PM
I hate it when I get professors that assign extra homework over the Labor Day/MLK Day/One-day holidays.

BIG OLAF
Sep 4, 2011, 05:15 PM
I hate it when religious people use the phrase "then I became 'Saved.'" For example:

"Yeah, I was big into cocaine and buying prostitutes. But then I became Saved, and turned my life around."

So, what does that make the rest of us, since I guess we aren't considered "Saved?" Are we "Damned" or something? The terminology just kind of bugs me.

xBladeM6x
Sep 5, 2011, 02:00 PM
I hate it when religious people use the phrase "then I became 'Saved.'" For example:

"Yeah, I was big into cocaine and buying prostitutes. But then I became Saved, and turned my life around."

So, what does that make the rest of us, since I guess we aren't considered "Saved?" Are we "Damned" or something? The terminology just kind of bugs me.
Technically yes, that is what they mean. When they're saying that sentence, they're probably not thinking of it that way, or with that intention. However you can expect it to come your way if they are saying they're "saved" and what not, because they'll probably ask you if you're saved. Then the hate ensues. :sleep:

RenzokukenZ
Sep 5, 2011, 02:09 PM
Crazy Halo clans are crazy. No exception.

Randomness
Sep 5, 2011, 04:23 PM
Technically yes, that is what they mean. When they're saying that sentence, they're probably not thinking of it that way, or with that intention. However you can expect it to come your way if they are saying they're "saved" and what not, because they'll probably ask you if you're saved. Then the hate ensues. :sleep:

Evangelicals should go read the gospels. That is all.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 6, 2011, 12:30 AM
Give facts against a person who's trying to do something...questionable by some.

"But the bible says..."

ohboyherewego.jpeg

MetaZedlen
Sep 6, 2011, 01:22 PM
"But the bible says..."

When this phrase is stated, it usually means you won the arguement.

Ketchup345
Sep 7, 2011, 07:26 PM
I quit caffeine cold turkey on July 21st. Completely caffeine free- July 14th started no caffeinated sodas and I never drink tea or coffee, the 21st I even quit chocolate. I am severely craving a Diet Coke, to the point I had a dream of drinking one.

Once I start a full time job I will allow myself to go back to caffeine. This is just a thing to reset my caffeine tolerance, and I am half regretting it.

Randomness
Sep 7, 2011, 07:29 PM
I quit caffeine cold turkey on July 21st. Completely caffeine free- July 14th started no caffeinated sodas and I never drink tea or coffee, the 21st I even quit chocolate. I am severely craving a Diet Coke, to the point I had a dream of drinking one.

Once I start a full time job I will allow myself to go back to caffeine. This is just a thing to reset my caffeine tolerance, and I am half regretting it.

*helpfully points out that there are caffeine free Diet Cokes*

Ketchup345
Sep 7, 2011, 07:36 PM
*helpfully points out that there are caffeine free Diet Cokes*My body regards those as essentially poisonous- they literally give me headaches. I get no reaction like that to normal diet soda.

Randomness
Sep 7, 2011, 07:50 PM
My body regards those as essentially poisonous- they literally give me headaches. I get no reaction like that to normal diet soda.

Ah. That explains it then.

Ketchup345
Sep 7, 2011, 08:35 PM
Ah. That explains it then.
I am fine though with sodas that don't have a caffeinated version- such as Mug root beer and Fanta Orange soda. I also had a dream last week about cheating by eating a brownie (brownie = chocolate = caffeine).

Tyreek
Sep 8, 2011, 02:52 AM
So, I had to come online and be bombarded with drama from 2 friends who apparently are at each others throats... Over a fucking game. A fucking game. Having to sit through them both arguing I have come to this conclusion:

1 person is too sensitive and is expecting too much for someone to be nice, when they clearly are not. Using something that belongs to them as leverage is not gonna make them change their ways.

1 person is absolutely spiteful, and an asshole. It would not hurt you to act nice for a while, I don't care how you're always generous, its not an excuse to be a damn asswipe.

And if this wasn't enough, this friendship, of 3 fucking years is being thrown out the window. I'm just too baffled by this. Instead of handling this shit properly like grown ass men, you make this shit turn absolutely ugly. I was saddened that they acted like this. Its just too damn immature. I made it clear to them both that I didn't want a part of this drama since they are gonna be acting like this. You disrupt my whole day over this stupidity? No.

...Then like a soft hearted fool like I am, I do one of them a favor. So person #1 finally decides to stop acting like an idiot and just give back what was asked, but he already uninstalled his game, so he decides to ask me to go on his account and give it back. I figure, why not, you're at least "attempting" to man up.

So I get the attention of person #2 and tell him to come get his stupid item. So what looks like an easy endeavor, turns out to not be one. This situation summed up as:

Me: "Come online and get your item"

Person 2: "Idk, the mods will retrieve it for me whether he npcs it or not"

Me: "Do not waste my time, I honestly don't give a shit about this stupid thing, but I'm giving one of you the benefit of the doubt for trying to do the right thing."

20 minutes later...

Me: "You are pissing me off."

Person 2: "\o0/"

Me: "I'm done."

So, you cause this entire shit over an item you wanted back. And now I. "I" try to give it back to you and you gonna sit there and joke? You are a fucking idiot. You value this tangible piece of shit over your damn friendship. Principle of concept my ass. You are a fucking idiot. And now, that you thrown it away, that's not enough. You want it put on a silver platter and have him banned. Why, just why? Consider it the final time I ever do shit for you again. GROW THE FUCK UP!

3 damn years. I can understand real life problems destroying friendships easily, but not this. Not a fucking game. Just... No. I can't wrap my head on this. I'm trying to remain neutral party on this matter from now on, but I am still questioning why I still care for this idiot. I refuse to follow suit on this bullshit and throw friendships away too, but good lord its crossing my mind. My respect points have dropped by 30. Really really need to get more mature friends. Thankfully I got 1 at least.

Sayara
Sep 8, 2011, 05:51 AM
Bah who needs friends!
I've hermitted myself for 6 months now! Only seeing a few odd selected people. Didn't take any vacation besides doctor related rest. and you know? i feel great!

BIG OLAF
Sep 8, 2011, 10:58 AM
I've more or less lost all of my real-life friends, whether it be due to them just moving away for jobs/college, or them telling me to get lost.

It gets brutally lonely sometimes, but I deal with it. Usually by sitting on these (or other) forums and refreshing the index page every couple minutes, to see if anyone posted anything new.

Yeah, I've got an exciting life.

Alnet
Sep 8, 2011, 12:36 PM
It's the second week of school, and I'm already feeling much better, but just once I would like to come back from summer break and not get sic. People always return to classes carrying some disease that's more contagious than fear.

Leviathan
Sep 8, 2011, 06:38 PM
Weather is nuts here.

Mornings are a nice 60 degrees.

Afternoon is an awful 90+ degrees.

So I get headaches all week. I left my pills at my dorm which is like in fucking Narnia or something this afternoon and I finally got back to my room at 5:15ish.

LEVI CAN'T DEAL.

Ketchup345
Sep 9, 2011, 09:36 AM
A person was supposed to call me for a phone interview 5 10 15 20 25 30 minutes ago (10:30AM). I just want this over, especially since it is only for a temporary job. (Edited at 11:00AM).

I got my second call today for a car part being in before the interview.

They called at 11:02AM, worked for a recruiter/temp agency, and were unable to clear up info about the position as it really wasn't too clear to me what I'd be doing. It wasn't an interview at all, more of a "should I forward your resume to the company?" type conversation.

Mike
Sep 11, 2011, 08:13 AM
I have sock tans. I won't be albe to wear sandles until next year. :(

Ketchup345
Sep 12, 2011, 12:00 AM
I have sock tans. I won't be albe to wear sandles until next year. :(Never had a sock tan, how does one get one of those?

I have been told my watch tan is quite impressive though.

FOkyasuta
Sep 12, 2011, 12:05 AM
Friendly Competitions. Gotta love and Hate them.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 14, 2011, 04:16 PM
Airplanes suck when you're 6ft+.
Should have stuck with Exit Row.

Also, Jetlag+Hunger= BAAAAAD HEADACHE.

Other than that, it was a fun trip.

Mike
Sep 14, 2011, 08:24 PM
Never had a sock tan, how does one get one of those?
Get some tan legs but non-tanned feet and you get permasocks. I guess it's more like a shoe tan.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 14, 2011, 09:36 PM
Being a senior set to graduate at the end of the semester, and trying to give a damn about exams.

BIG OLAF
Sep 15, 2011, 12:08 PM
It cracks me up when people post on their own profile page in response to someone else's visitor message, like they'll see it in a timely manner or something.

You need to post it on the other person's page. Good lawdie, some people need to lrn2forum.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 15, 2011, 12:14 PM
I do that by accident 3/4 of the time. Can't say I'm the only one, either.

BIG OLAF
Sep 15, 2011, 07:27 PM
Couple of things:

-Seems like my list of "People From PSOW To Avoid In PSO2" gets longer every day. At this rate, there's only, like, maybe seven(?) people on the entirety of the PSO2 board who I'll actually want to contact for runs in the game when it comes out. Everyone else is basically a self-important, belligerent, overly-argumentative fuckwit that isn't worth the effort of typing a response to.

-Really sucks having a cut on your index finger, and a couple good gashes on the wrist of the very same hand. I'm eternally grateful that it's not my left hand, though. So, at least I can still write and do other basic functions.

Ketchup345
Sep 16, 2011, 05:58 PM
I got an email today about a job opportunity. Usually they are sent when the job announcement is posted. Problem with this one: the deadline is Monday. I'll be able to get it in, yes, but still- 1 day to do online portion, and just hours to get to the post office to make sure the mail-in portion is over nighted? What were they thinking?

RenzokukenZ
Sep 16, 2011, 06:05 PM
I got an email today about a job opportunity. Usually they are sent when the job announcement is posted. Problem with this one: the deadline is Monday. I'll be able to get it in, yes, but still- 1 day to do online portion, and just hours to get to the post office to make sure the mail-in portion is over nighted? What were they thinking?

Could be a simple delay.

If it's a desperate moment, don't bother complaining and get it done.

Ketchup345
Sep 16, 2011, 06:53 PM
Could be a simple delay.

If it's a desperate moment, don't bother complaining and get it done.I did it, looks like no transcripts need to be sent luckily, meaning a bit more sleep for me tomorrow morning.

Still the site/place/location for this job seems to do everything last minute. I applied for a different position for them earlier this year, they gave me a 1 week notice for an interview, which I managed to get changed to a phone interview that day then the written portion the next week (allowing me 2 weeks) since I live hundreds of miles from where this job would be.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 21, 2011, 03:50 AM
OH GOD, jetlag-induced abdominal pains. Not cool.
I know I came back from the mainland about a week ago but, I flew through like 2 or 3 timezones. 6 hours behind the east coast. Jetlag is iminent. But I didn't think it would be the cause of that. I also hear there's a Stomach Flu going around statewide.

Mike
Sep 21, 2011, 05:18 AM
OH GOD, jetlag-induced abdominal pains. Not cool.
It could be from the stress of flying. A long flight did almost exactly the same thing to me last month.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 21, 2011, 05:55 AM
It could be from the stress of flying. A long flight did almost exactly the same thing to me last month.

I'm confident that it has to be from flying. Going to the East Coast (including Layover) was almost an entire day, while flying back was around 18-19 hours. Other than drinking lots of water, I don't really know any other Remedies.

NoiseHERO
Sep 21, 2011, 05:58 AM
I'm confident that it has to be from flying. Going to the East Coast (including Layover) was almost an entire day, while flying back was around 18-19 hours. Other than drinking lots of water, I don't really know any other Remedies.

I don't think I like plains anymore...

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 21, 2011, 06:04 AM
If it's one thing I learned from riding in planes, its.. Exit Row, unless you're under 6 feet.

Mike
Sep 21, 2011, 07:09 AM
Layovers suck.

Anyways, for the past two days my phone's batter has been dying far more quickly than it ever has before. I have no idea why.

My router is stupid. It won't accept the key even though the key is correct. There's nothing to do but unplug it and then plug it back in.

BIG OLAF
Sep 21, 2011, 11:05 AM
Anyways, for the past two days my phone's batter has been dying far more quickly than it ever has before. I have no idea why.

Your battery's capability to hold a charge is probably just starting to quit out. My phone's battery did the same thing. When I first got it, the charge would last for weeks without being turned off, but now it only lasts a few days. I simply just bought another battery, and the problem was gone. Might be the same issue.

Ketchup345
Sep 21, 2011, 11:22 AM
If it's one thing I learned from riding in planes, its.. Exit Row, unless you're under 6 feet.
The times I flew this year I think exit row was not a selectable option, you had to get lucky and be "chosen" by the airline to sit there, at least on the flight's I've had so far. I was "chosen" once out of 10 flights this year.

Layovers suck.

My router is stupid. It won't accept the key even though the key is correct. There's nothing to do but unplug it and then plug it back in.
My biggest issue with layovers was dealing with the masses of people in between your arrival gate and your departure gate. Seriously people, if you're on the moving sidewalk, stay right unless you walk with it. If you're in a normal walkway, move to the side before you just stop. Move to the side of any walkways before checking the gate/time of your connection.

How old is the phone?

I hate the new Facebook layout. The previous ones were slightly annoying, but overall not major changes to the site's readability.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 21, 2011, 03:53 PM
The times I flew this year I think exit row was not a selectable option, you had to get lucky and be "chosen" by the airline to sit there, at least on the flight's I've had so far. I was "chosen" once out of 10 flights this year.

I hate the new Facebook layout. The previous ones were slightly annoying, but overall not major changes to the site's readability.

Ah, I don't really know how Airlines work. Honestly, last week was like.. the 3rd time I rode on a Plane for like.. Years. Yeah.

As for the Facebook Layout, yeah, it's pretty ass.. Lol. I think I'll just stick with Google+, even if I don't really have many people there. For now, at least.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 21, 2011, 04:46 PM

Could be from the battery being inflated. That's if you've had it plugged for long periods of time.

Zyrusticae
Sep 21, 2011, 06:32 PM
Why do I even bother?

It's not like anyone on this forum has really had much in the way of fascinating insight. Certainly not enough to warrant me sifting through so much junk, especially in the case of those with a LOT more ego than sense.

I still have too much faith in humanity, it seems. I keep looking thinking someone with a halfway-decent working brain will restore my morale even though I know full well that won't happen.

Siiiiigh. If only there were better sources of PSO2 information...

Mike
Sep 21, 2011, 07:01 PM
How old is the phone?
Not even a year :(

Could be from the battery being inflated. That's if you've had it plugged for long periods of time.
I usually only charge it over night. I was going to let the battery completely drain this weekend and then recharge it to see if that did anything.

I simply just bought another battery, and the problem was gone. Might be the same issue.
Worst cast, this is what I'll do.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 21, 2011, 07:47 PM
I still have too much faith in humanity, it seems. I keep looking thinking someone with a halfway-decent working brain will restore my morale even though I know full well that won't happen.

Keep fighting the good fight, man. You don't find those kinds of people if you're not sifting through the shit.

BIG OLAF
Sep 21, 2011, 09:24 PM
Why do I even bother?

It's not like anyone on this forum has really had much in the way of fascinating insight...I keep looking thinking someone with a halfway-decent working brain will restore my morale even though I know full well that won't happen.

Nice semi-superiority complex, bro. Sorry no one else around here is on "your" level of brainpower.

Anyway, on-topic...all the Mint Chocolate Chip Klondike bars are gone. The fuck. There were four in the freezer this morning. I think my stepmom needs to learn that ice cream =/= lunch.

NoiseHERO
Sep 22, 2011, 02:01 AM
Why do I even bother?

It's not like anyone on this forum has really had much in the way of fascinating insight. Certainly not enough to warrant me sifting through so much junk, especially in the case of those with a LOT more ego than sense.

You are sooo right, you are the all-knowing epitome of awesomeness that raises the bar and sets the standard on approximate knowledge and insight on everything. Everyone ELSE is too stubborn to realize they don't know everything about nothing like you do and they're trying too hard. :O

Heskett
Sep 22, 2011, 02:06 AM
To be fair, Zyru is one of the better posters on this forum anyway.

BIG OLAF
Sep 22, 2011, 09:08 AM

That depends on how you "score" people's posts, honestly. For entertainment, coherence, or both? Besides, to me, anyone that basically says "Man, I'm too smart for everyone else around here" isn't a very good poster either way.

Oh, and the brownies that were just made yesterday are already gone, as well.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 22, 2011, 11:43 AM
Oh, and the brownies that were just made yesterday are already gone, as well.

Why is the rum always gone?

Same thing happened to me with my batch of freezie pops...

Zyrusticae
Sep 22, 2011, 12:05 PM
Keep fighting the good fight, man. You don't find those kinds of people if you're not sifting through the shit.

Haha, but it's a bit of a catch 22, isn't it? After all, such individuals are not likely to hang around very long if they have to put up with the shit themselves.

Speaking of, that makes me either stupid or obscenely stubborn, seeing as how I'm still here.

Nice semi-superiority complex, bro. Sorry no one else around here is on "your" level of brainpower.

That's cute.

Y'know, if I just state I find there is a lack of stimulating insight to be found, that doesn't necessarily mean I am trying to put people down. Likewise, if people are simply ignorant, that in and of itself is not an insult - it is simply a condition. What is a problem is when people combine that ignorance with gratuitous amounts of egotism. I have... issues with that.

I am always trying to improve the span of my worldview. I cannot say the same for everyone else. But then, I can only really speak for myself to begin with.

But really, when peoples' egos are so fragile that me simply challenging them results in such, well, for lack of a better word, inordinate responses, what is there to be said?

You can either prove me wrong, or you can let it be. Lambasting me for having a condescending tone, whether that tone was actually intended or not, does not strike me as particularly productive. Nor, for that matter, does it prove much of a point. Perhaps I could word my posts better. Perhaps I could reduce the occurrence of emotional responses by doing so.

But it's a two-way street. Even if I put in the effort to do so, it is meaningless if nobody reciprocates. And I'm really starting to realize that, regardless of what effort I put in, eventually someone is just going to... well, nevermind. It's really not worth getting into.

In the end, the simple answer is to LURK MOAR. That's easy enough to do, ain't it?

Hah! I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I have to agree with Olaf here - by what credentials?

I'm just curious, mind. ;-)

BIG OLAF
Sep 22, 2011, 12:47 PM
Well, I don't really come on video game forums to unleash 100% of my intellect, and I'm sure many others feel the same. Trust me, I can initiate/reciprocate deep, stimulating conversation. But, I feel no need to do so in this place. This is where I go to unwind and/or act silly. But, if you'd like me to bust out the SAT words and my mastery of the English language, let me know.

And, yes, I did take your previous statement as "I'm so much smarter than everyone else!" Probably could've worded it better. No one really appreciates comments like that, snarkiness intended or not.

Heskett
Sep 22, 2011, 01:23 PM
Hah! I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I have to agree with Olaf here - by what credentials?

I'm just curious, mind. ;-)

It's not that your posts are of exceptional redeeming quality, rather, other's are quite piss-poor.

FOkyasuta
Sep 22, 2011, 02:49 PM
5 Minutes from one side of campus to another while Storming through crowds of horny women just isnt my taste at all. As if it wasnt bad already but here? Shit. And to come home with all the popsicles gone for some reason doesnt help at all.

SStrikerR
Sep 22, 2011, 06:30 PM
Using "big" words doesn't make you seem smarter in your posts. I think everybody tried showing off their vocabulary at one point or another, but most normal people grow out of that. It doesn't make you look any more intellectual than anyone else, it makes you look like a twat who probably doesn't have much of a social life. That or a politician, pick your poison.

[spoiler-box]Aimed at the general population...as far as you know. Also, no response needed here. You'll look like an even bigger douche if you try to defend yourself.[/spoiler-box]

Zyrusticae
Sep 22, 2011, 07:15 PM
Stating the obvious should never be needed.

Alas, it is needed far too often. Far too often...

BIG OLAF
Sep 22, 2011, 07:29 PM
Using "big" words doesn't make you seem smarter in your posts. I think everybody tried showing off their vocabulary at one point or another, but most normal people grow out of that. It doesn't make you look any more intellectual than anyone else, it makes you look like a twat who probably doesn't have much of a social life.

I actually don't have any social life whatsoever, and I'm fine with that. I really don't want one. My time is better spent elsewhere, as far as I'm concerned. I, personally, don't deem it correct to judge someone based on how many friends they have, or how often they "go out." Besides, I was being facetious when I said "SAT words."

[spoiler-box](uhoh, I hope using "facetious" didn't make me look like a loser, or whatever...)[/spoiler-box]

Also, before anyone tries an "AHA!" on me, I'm not "defending" myself; I'm agreeing with the bolded statement in the quote. I just get a bit bothered when it looks like people are standing on their soapbox. But, I get over it rather quickly. I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if this random yammering in the Bull Shxt thread would now cease.

Anyway, on-topic:

I just found out that my stepmom doesn't believe in evolution. I knew she was stupid, but wowza. My dad and I were watching Ancient Aliens on The History Channel, and they were talking about the possibility of the Black Death coming from some sort of bacteria that fell from space on a meteor.

She freaked out and said, "Yeah right! Nothing could survive that! The bacteria would freeze, or burn up in the atmosphere! But, these are the same scientists that believe in evolution! Pffft, so no surprise they're stupid!"

I just rolled my eyes. I know my dad did, too. But, he did so in his head. I mean, this is all coming from the woman who had to ask me how to spell "quote" yesterday.

NoiseHERO
Sep 22, 2011, 08:21 PM
Anyway, on-topic:

I just found out that my stepmom doesn't believe in evolution. I knew she was stupid, but wowza. My dad and I were watching Ancient Aliens on The History Channel, and they were talking about the possibility of the Black Death coming from some sort of bacteria that fell from space on a meteor.

She freaked out and said, "Yeah right! Nothing could survive that! The bacteria would freeze, or burn up in the atmosphere! But, these are the same scientists that believe in evolution! Pffft, so no surprise they're stupid!"

I just rolled my eyes. I know my dad did, too. But, he did so in his head. I mean, this is all coming from the woman who had to ask me how to spell "quote" yesterday.

Is it wrong if this made me laugh?

Also what is the deal with airplane peanu- And why should I have to look for a school for art?! D<

Google can teach me all I need to know about art!

yoshiblue
Sep 23, 2011, 11:31 AM
The history channel bores me now. All I see are ice truckers and axe men in the morn and aliens and gods the rest of the day. Not cool man not cool.

Only thing I have to look to is modern science and how its made. Before I use to watch their war programs and such.

Curse you Xbox PSO!!! Why U need gamertag!

joefro
Sep 23, 2011, 12:30 PM
I never watch the weather or look it up online, however, I still can't avoid hearing the weather by word-of-mouth. Everyone kept saying how there was going to be a cold front today. Yeah...no. It was in the mid-seventies this morning and it's in the mid-eighties now. Definitely not a cold front.

SStrikerR
Sep 25, 2011, 12:39 PM
I actually don't have any social life whatsoever, and I'm fine with that. I really don't want one. My time is better spent elsewhere, as far as I'm concerned. I, personally, don't deem it correct to judge someone based on how many friends they have, or how often they "go out." Besides, I was being facetious when I said "SAT words."

[spoiler-box](uhoh, I hope using "facetious" didn't make me look like a loser, or whatever...)[/spoiler-box]

Also, before anyone tries an "AHA!" on me, I'm not "defending" myself; I'm agreeing with the bolded statement in the quote. I just get a bit bothered when it looks like people are standing on their soapbox. But, I get over it rather quickly. I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if this random yammering in the Bull Shxt thread would now cease.

Just a litte note, that wasn't aimed at you at all. Besides this, I don't even read your posts because I know it'll probably be you saying "OMG IM SO HAPPY IM ANTISOCIAL I <3 TITS DONT JUDGE ME" etc etc. But hey, that's your choice. More power to you if you enjoy your life like that, but that wasn't even my main point to begin with. My point is that using bigger words to try to make yourself seem superior on an online forum is amusing, to say the least. But again, I wasn't referring to you anyway.

Hm, something that irritates me...Oh, how about the phillies losing 8 games in a row. Sure they already clinched the division, but going into the postseason on a huge downward spiral doesn't look too good. I wanna see 100 wins, at the very least.

BIG OLAF
Sep 25, 2011, 01:03 PM
I don't even read your posts because I know it'll probably be you saying "OMG IM SO HAPPY IM ANTISOCIAL I <3 TITS DONT JUDGE ME" etc etc.

Huh, kind of a dick, ain'tcha? Especially considering I don't have any idea what you're referring to. But, whatever floats your boat, sonny. I'm not too heartbroken to hear that some random kid on the internet doesn't read what I post.

EDIT: Anyway, on-topic (again):

I love how a vast majority of people seem to think that their words hold some sort of supreme validity on the internet. Like, they think that whatever they say is complete irrefutable fact, that their opinion is the "right" opinion, and anyone who attests against them are blind, inferior troglodytes. I get shit like that on Facebook and the like constantly. It gets aggravating, especially when the people in question can't form simple, coherent sentences to save their lives.

So, in a sentence: I hate people that use the internet as an excuse to fuel their close-minded, intolerant pseudo-superiority-complexes.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 25, 2011, 01:55 PM
So, in a sentence: I hate people that use the internet as an excuse to fuel their close-minded, intolerant pseudo-superiority-complexes.

It's the only place where they can without any physical repercussions. Such as insulting a lion from the other side of a cage. It is the consequence of allowing individual voices to roam in a stream of communication.

BIG OLAF
Sep 25, 2011, 02:10 PM
It's the only place where they can without any physical repercussions. Such as insulting a lion from the other side of a cage. It is the consequence of allowing individual voices to roam in a stream of communication.

Yes, this is fact. They know they can say anything and have no consequence come of it. Most of the people that do so would never dare say anything in the physical world, lest they get hospitalized, or worse.

I treat the internet the same as physical interaction. Anything I wouldn't say to someone's face, I don't say online. I have enough respect for other people to at least do that.

...oh, and lovebugs. They're everywhere. Not exaggerating. Terribly annoying.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 25, 2011, 05:58 PM
Stop cutting my hours and giving them to the people who don't put in effort. For fuck's sake, I actually work, why are you cutting MY hours?

Zarode
Sep 25, 2011, 08:12 PM
Stop cutting my hours and giving them to the people who don't put in effort. For fuck's sake, I actually work, why are you cutting MY hours?

A-fucking-men.

joefro
Sep 26, 2011, 01:13 AM
Fucking idiotic people on facebook. I think I'm going to deactivate my account if I see one more post saying something along the lines of, "REPOST THIS BCUZ FBOOK IS GONNA CHARGE AND IF U POST THIS THEN U GET IT 4 FREE". I just don't understand how people could be so gullible.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 26, 2011, 01:30 AM
Fucking idiotic people on facebook. I think I'm going to deactivate my account if I see one more post saying something along the lines of, "REPOST THIS BCUZ FBOOK IS GONNA CHARGE AND IF U POST THIS THEN U GET IT 4 FREE". I just don't understand how people could be so gullible.

Lol, it's between that and "OMG I H8 THE NEW LAYOUT CHANG IT BAK !!!!!"
Though I will say that the Ticker is annoying, and is a good opportunity to stalk your "friends" online.

Outrider
Sep 26, 2011, 02:56 PM
I love how a vast majority of people seem to think that their words hold some sort of supreme validity on the internet. Like, they think that whatever they say is complete irrefutable fact, that their opinion is the "right" opinion, and anyone who attests against them are blind, inferior troglodytes.

Wait a second.

I get shit like that on Facebook and the like constantly. It gets aggravating, especially when the people in question can't form simple, coherent sentences to save their lives.

You don't see this as being hypocritical in some way?

FOkyasuta
Sep 26, 2011, 02:59 PM
People b assumin stuff man. Get the whole picture before you start assumeing shit. I mean really, They make it seem so hard.

BIG OLAF
Sep 26, 2011, 03:27 PM
Wait a second.

You don't see this as being hypocritical in some way?

No, because they really can't form simple, coherent sentences to save their lives. I'm pointing out a fact. No hypocrisy there. A number of the people in question have even admitted they can't spell or grammaticize correctly.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 26, 2011, 04:37 PM
God damn the lighting in my room is terrible.

That is all.

Sayara
Sep 26, 2011, 04:44 PM
No, because they really can't form simple, coherent sentences to save their lives. I'm pointing out a fact. No hypocrisy there. A number of the people in question have even admitted they can't spell or grammaticize correctly.

Is it because, English is not their first language?

Also. Facebook falls under the simular jurisdiction of AIM, MSN or a messanger program. Why should I take the time to really spell check or grammar check my posts? If that is how you post, then thats cool.

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2011, 04:45 PM
Procrastination, STOP HOLDING ME BACCCKKKK!!!!!!!!

Outrider
Sep 26, 2011, 05:08 PM
I'm currently living like I used to back in college, and I'm becoming increasingly concerned that I'm killing myself.

I need to start eating better, going to the gym, and getting more sleep.

And I swear I'll do all that after my convention this weekend! (Probably.)

Gunslinger-08
Sep 26, 2011, 06:18 PM
Just having one of those down days where everything seems to shine in a negative light. i.e. My goals in life, my friends and other relationships, and my own perception of myself.

Can't wait to get over this...

Nitro Vordex
Sep 26, 2011, 06:43 PM
Don't get all Big Olaf on us, now.

BIG OLAF
Sep 26, 2011, 06:45 PM

Was that really necessary? Very rude of you to take a jab at my depression problems.

Anyway, I've been stepping on lovebugs all day. It's disgusting. I don't know how they keep getting int the house.

Sayara
Sep 26, 2011, 06:51 PM
Obviously theres a crack in the house, otherwise they wouldnt be getting in ;o
Like, is the window slightly ajar?, door open for longer perods of time?

Mike
Sep 26, 2011, 08:31 PM
Anyway, I've been stepping on lovebugs all day. It's disgusting. I don't know how they keep getting int the house.
One of the dorms I stayed in during college had a lady bug problem. They just never went away, no matter how many of them showed up. I can't imagine how many dead ones piled up in the lamp cover. This particular dorm was several clusters of small rooms sharing one batheroom per cluster. One of my roommates (he was in the same cluster as I was) had it really bad though. They turned one of the corners of his room in to a nest. Not just a small one either, a big one, like you might see in a cave.

Gunslinger-08
Sep 26, 2011, 08:49 PM

Mood's over, if it brings you any relief.

BIG OLAF
Sep 26, 2011, 09:19 PM
One of the dorms I stayed in during college had a lady bug problem. They just never went away, no matter how many of them showed up. I can't imagine how many dead ones piled up in the lamp cover. This particular dorm was several clusters of small rooms sharing one bathroom per cluster. One of my roommates (he was in the same cluster as I was) had it really bad though. They turned one of the corners of his room in to a nest. Not just a small one either, a big one, like you might see in a cave.

That sounds disgusting. At least ladybugs aren't dangerous or anything. Lovebugs aren't either, unless you count the terrible smell their guts emit after you squash them.

Mood's over, if it brings you any relief.

Yup, no need to be a pitiful whiner like me all the time, apparently.

Mike
Sep 26, 2011, 09:57 PM
That sounds disgusting. At least ladybugs aren't dangerous or anything. Lovebugs aren't either, unless you count the terrible smell their guts emit after you squash them.
Ladybugs and love bugs are different?

Randomness
Sep 26, 2011, 10:30 PM
Campus internet decided to go from 70ish ping to 200ping. I'm plugged into the fucking wall. Annoying.

BIG OLAF
Sep 26, 2011, 10:55 PM
Ladybugs and love bugs are different?

Well, yes. Lovebugs are grotesque little things that migrate down to Southern states (mostly Florida) twice a year (April-May, and August-September), and cloud the air. Terrible little creatures. According to scientists, there's so many of them because they have no natural predators. The reasons being that their insides smell, and they taste terrible to other insects and animals that attempt to feed on them. Here's a picture:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.dpughphoto.com/images/love%20bug%20durham%2050408.JPG[/SPOILER-BOX]

There's an old urban legend that dictates that Lovebugs were actually a University of Florida genetic experiment gone wrong. Apparently they were trying to splice mosquito and fly DNA together, etc. But, it's just a legend. Highly doubt it's true.

NoiseHERO
Sep 27, 2011, 01:00 AM
Well, yes. Lovebugs are grotesque little things that migrate down to Southern states (mostly Florida) twice a year (April-May, and August-September), and cloud the air. Terrible little creatures. According to scientists, there's so many of them because they have no natural predators. The reasons being that their insides smell, and they taste terrible to other insects and animals that attempt to feed on them. Here's a picture:

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.dpughphoto.com/images/love%20bug%20durham%2050408.JPG[/SPOILER-BOX]

There's an old urban legend that dictates that Lovebugs were actually a University of Florida genetic experiment gone wrong. Apparently they were trying to splice mosquito and fly DNA together, etc. But, it's just a legend. Highly doubt it's true.

My fucking god I hate bugs...

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 27, 2011, 03:07 AM
My fucking god I hate bugs...

Then you'll looooove Cane Spiders.

http://www.maui.net/photos/0/0cc2eef64861ae8afaba3af0721d_l.jpg

Tetsaru
Sep 27, 2011, 06:23 AM
I fucking hate bugs too. We've been getting a lot of gnats around the house lately, especially around our kitchen sink, and it sucks because we can't really spray them down without getting it into the food. Of course, it doesn't help that our house is a pig sty and a lot of our plumbing is going to shit...

Mike
Sep 27, 2011, 07:53 AM
Google Image Search has done me wrong! Those are nothing like ladybugs.

Back on the topic of rants, don't send me a map from some website pasted in to an Excel document. Just send me the map. I don't need the empty worksheets.

Leviathan
Sep 27, 2011, 08:55 AM
I can't get flu shots until October 3rd.

COME HERE MY PRECIOUS~

Ketchup345
Sep 27, 2011, 02:28 PM
I had an interview yesterday for a position, and the recruiter who arranged it woke me up this morning with a phone call. I then tried to go back to sleep, but it didn't seem to help much- I am still very tired and keep messing up my typing.

I need to try and work my way back to a "normal person's" sleep schedule soon.

MESeele
Sep 27, 2011, 03:14 PM
I can't get flu shots until October 3rd.

COME HERE MY PRECIOUS~

Do you find they really make a difference? :-?

I was drunk (my bull shxt always seems to start out this way:disapprove:) and did something stupid to my back at the start of September. Cue raging back spasm that has rendered everything below my ribcage numb - guess it pinched a nerve or something... Including my hands. Feeling inept cause I couldn't write was not a fun feeling. Or draw, or pour milk into a glass, or open a door.... It only just started to subside a week ago. 23 isn't old dammit!!! What the hell.

Ketchup345
Sep 27, 2011, 03:34 PM
Just tried sending an email out, but it bounced back undelivered. If you're going to post something online, can you please keep it updated with the proper names and email addresses?

BIG OLAF
Sep 27, 2011, 03:35 PM
I was drunk (my bull shxt always seems to start out this way:disapprove:) and did something stupid to my back at the start of September. Cue raging back spasm that has rendered everything below my ribcage numb - guess it pinched a nerve or something... Including my hands. Feeling inept cause I couldn't write was not a fun feeling. Or draw, or pour milk into a glass, or open a door.... It only just started to subside a week ago. 23 isn't old dammit!!! What the hell.

That kind of shit happens. I'm cursed with chronic lower back/hip/groin/leg pain for probably the rest of my life just because I accidentally shifted my body around too much while in the middle of a 350lb leg-press set a few years ago. I'm in constant pain now. I'm just glad 90% of the time it's moderately dull and not that noticeable. Hopefully your issue is temporary, though.

EDIT: Also, I despise when people on Facebook post two comments one right after the other to fix a typo. Example:

Jane Doe "Wow, I can't beleve how close the score was!"

-10 seconds later-

Jane Doe "believe*"

Just fucking delete the original comment and fix the typo. Stop cluttering up the comments, you lazy bastards.

FOkyasuta
Sep 27, 2011, 03:42 PM
Oh leg pain. YU NO LEAVE ME NAO? I cant even run with out that *shudders* sharp ass pain.

Ketchup345
Sep 27, 2011, 03:59 PM
Just fucking delete the original comment and fix the typo. Stop cluttering up the comments, you lazy bastards.While at laptops and desktops, I agree. But does the Facebook app (phones, tablets) have the ability to delete posts?

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Sep 27, 2011, 08:16 PM
While at laptops and desktops, I agree. But does the Facebook app (phones, tablets) have the ability to delete posts?

Yeah there is. Just swipe your comment to the left or right.

Outrider
Sep 27, 2011, 10:13 PM
DC, what is wrong with you?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/09/red-hood-1316645040.jpg

For fuck's sake, DC. That's just awful.

From Shortpacked: (http://www.shortpacked.com/2011/comic/book-13/04-remedial-adulthood/math/)
http://www.shortpacked.com/comics/2011-09-26-math.png

Sayara
Sep 27, 2011, 10:21 PM
I kinda wanted to read Gotham Sirens, it can't be AS BAD as this can it?

NoiseHERO
Sep 27, 2011, 10:28 PM
DC, what is wrong with you?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/09/red-hood-1316645040.jpg

For fuck's sake, DC. That's just awful.

From Shortpacked: (http://www.shortpacked.com/2011/comic/book-13/04-remedial-adulthood/math/)
http://www.shortpacked.com/comics/2011-09-26-math.png

Wow I reblogged this the other day...

Yay for following the webcomic groups.

Sayara
Sep 27, 2011, 10:43 PM
Actually i really like how Shortpacked totally jokes with the super fuckyeah GLOSS they use in that comic. I really, really detest this style of comics hahaha.

Outrider
Sep 30, 2011, 03:15 PM
Huh. So the masses have pretty much just exploded over the fact that Kotaku ran a perceived Batman Arkham City spoiler as a headline.

Except... the developers included it in their preview build they're showing at a press event and specifically told Kotaku that they were allowed to report on it.

And it was clearly hinted at in earlier promotional materials. And it's clearly just one small bit of the larger story.

Sure, they could have handled it better, but it's kind of absurd how much nerd rage is going on.

So basically what I'm saying is: "Video game fans complain about things that aren't a big deal. Story at 11."

joefro
Oct 1, 2011, 08:39 AM
Doctor Who finale tonight. Then we have to wait until the Fall of 2012 for the next series. Dammit!

MESeele
Oct 1, 2011, 12:47 PM
Doctor Who finale tonight. Then we have to wait until the Fall of 2012 for the next series. Dammit!

Oooh, almost forgot about that.

Yep, still numb. Little under a month now... C'mon body of mine, I don't ask much from you. Can't we strike up a deal of some sort? (really, if the doctor hadn't assured me that it was temporary, I'd be getting kinda worried here). What do you want? Exercise? An extra meal /day? Sleep? Less alcohol? I'd be willing to meet you half way here. No need to hold out on me hahaahaha.... haha ... *sigh*

joefro
Oct 2, 2011, 03:21 AM
I give up on trying to play the Battlefield 3 demo beta of PC. I downloaded it and then fifteen minutes later I still wasn't playing it. I'm sure I could figure it out, but honestly I've lost interest. EA is so insistance on this Origin service, but they make it so hard to use.

BIG OLAF
Oct 2, 2011, 11:02 AM
No mater how many time a attempt to clean my glasses, they always have smudges on them. What the hell.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2011, 11:23 AM
I give up on trying to play the Battlefield 3 demo beta of PC. I downloaded it and then fifteen minutes later I still wasn't playing it. I'm sure I could figure it out, but honestly I've lost interest. EA is so insistance on this Origin service, but they make it so hard to use.
The game runs terribly for me at medium settings, I don't know why. Supposedly the game runs better in full screen, but I wouldn't know that since I can only change my settings WHILE I'M ALIVE. >:|

Origin sucks, it's fatter than Steam, and I need to launch the game through a browser. EA. Wants me to launch Battlefield 3. Through a browser. OH BUT I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD A PLUGIN FOR THE BROWSER.

Awfully F2P design up in here.

No mater how many time a attempt to clean my glasses, they always have smudges on them. What the hell.
I've given up on trying to clean my glasses. If I really want them clean, there's only one thing that reliably cleans them: brown napkins.

Ketchup345
Oct 2, 2011, 04:14 PM
The season finale of Doctor Who didn't record smoothly, it has a few skips/pauses, etc. Too bad in comparison the other cable company doesn't offer BBCA and a similar DVR system.

Outrider
Oct 2, 2011, 10:23 PM
My frickin' Droid X decided not to save a bunch of pictures I took today. Again.

I hate this piece of crap.

Ketchup345
Oct 2, 2011, 10:44 PM
Ah, I don't really know how Airlines work. Honestly, last week was like.. the 3rd time I rode on a Plane for like.. Years. Yeah.I just booked a flight with JetBlue. They let you choose exit rows, but charge for it ($45 on the ones I booked).

My frickin' Droid X decided not to save a bunch of pictures I took today. Again.

I hate this piece of crap.Do you have a Google+ account?

Outrider
Oct 3, 2011, 12:11 AM
Do you have a Google+ account?

I do, though I'm pretty sure I've experienced this issue both before and since I created it, and they don't seem to be uploading to Google+ either.

My phone is basically the guy who says, "Oh yeah, I'll take care of it" and then tosses his work in the trash.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Oct 3, 2011, 12:37 AM
I do, though I'm pretty sure I've experienced this issue both before and since I created it, and they don't seem to be uploading to Google+ either.

My phone is basically the guy who says, "Oh yeah, I'll take care of it" and then tosses his work in the trash.

What version are you running? Froyo seems to give me a lot of problems nowadays. I hear Good things about Gingerbread, though.
It could also be the App, because it tends to just work whenever it wants to. I set it to Notify me whenever I got a message or something, Via Email too, and it just never happens, lol. Step it up, Google!

Ketchup345
Oct 3, 2011, 01:07 AM

My phone is basically the guy who says, "Oh yeah, I'll take care of it" and then tosses his work in the trash.So it won't even auto upload. I'm guessing you're a bit out of the return period, right? When's your next available upgrade? (Verizon is about 20 months)

Speaking of cell phones- I wish the major companies offered more minute plan steps, especially at the low end. The cheapest is usually around $50 for about 8x the minutes I use in an average month.

FOkyasuta
Oct 3, 2011, 10:56 AM
"アジア人。 The female ones are sooo stuck up!"

Sayara
Oct 3, 2011, 12:08 PM
Did you really need to jp that mister?
SO what if you're complaining about asian women.

Outrider
Oct 3, 2011, 12:26 PM
What version are you running? Froyo seems to give me a lot of problems nowadays. I hear Good things about Gingerbread, though.
It could also be the App, because it tends to just work whenever it wants to. I set it to Notify me whenever I got a message or something, Via Email too, and it just never happens, lol. Step it up, Google!

I'm on 2.3.3 Gingerbread.

So it won't even auto upload. I'm guessing you're a bit out of the return period, right? When's your next available upgrade? (Verizon is about 20 months)

Judging by the fact that my earliest photos on the phone are from September 2010, I think I just passed the 12-month mark.

There are a lot of things I like about Android, but when certain basic features just don't work, it makes me think I'll abandon the platform entirely.

BIG OLAF
Oct 3, 2011, 12:31 PM
So, Best Buy said on their website that if I want Skyrim on release day, I should pick "Express Shipping." So, I did. Yet, upon checking out, the estimated delivery date for the game is "11-11 to 11-14."

So, uh, it looks like they lied. Unless maybe they just put that 3-day leeway to cover their asses in case it actually doesn't get there on 11-11 for some reason, but I don't know.

joefro
Oct 3, 2011, 02:28 PM
So, Best Buy said on their website that if I want Skyrim on release day, I should pick "Express Shipping." So, I did. Yet, upon checking out, the estimated delivery date for the game is "11-11 to 11-14."

So, uh, it looks like they lied. Unless maybe they just put that 3-day leeway to cover their asses in case it actually doesn't get there on 11-11 for some reason, but I don't know.

Just order from Amazon? $1 release date shipping.

BIG OLAF
Oct 3, 2011, 02:30 PM
Just order from Amazon? $1 release date shipping.

I had a $50 Best Buy gift card from my birthday. Used my Amazon gift card for Gears 3.

amtalx
Oct 3, 2011, 03:28 PM
Best Buy has a promotion to get a $100 for pre-ordering five games through the end of the year. Basically you get five games for $40. I've gotten every new release from Amazon for the last couple years, but Best Buy's deal was too good to pass up. I figured I'd toss that out there.

Randomness
Oct 3, 2011, 03:42 PM
Best Buy has a promotion to get a $100 for pre-ordering five games through the end of the year. Basically you get five games for $40. I've gotten every new release from Amazon for the last couple years, but Best Buy's deal was too good to pass up. I figured I'd toss that out there.

Dammit. Too many of the games I want have already released to grab this deal.

Mike
Oct 5, 2011, 07:25 PM
Stupid IP blocks. I want to play a game in English, not a crappy translation of it.

Delete
Oct 6, 2011, 06:42 AM
More Job Shit. Damn after today I am just fed up.....just inches away from throwing my badge on the ground and peeing on it minus the peeing on it of course. But all jokes a side, I wish there was some way to either get another job right this second, or get rich off the lottery. But dammit...this is reality......and reality's a bitch :/

Gunslinger-08
Oct 6, 2011, 06:04 PM
I park my car in a garage on campus and proceed to leave it there for three days, since I didn't need to drive anywhere. Lo and behold, I come back and find three separate tickets on my windshield, because I forgot to put my hang tag up.

First off, I acknowledge that I messed up. A citation is a citation. However, the terms of violations are explicitly laid out on the department's website, and there's nothing about incurring multiple tickets for a single offense.

I'm paying for one of them, and raising hell over the other two, even though I know it's not likely to get me anywhere.

Bah, I can't afford $100 in fees right now...

Noblewine
Oct 8, 2011, 01:22 AM
I'm really fed up with the type of jobs I can find around where I live. Most of the places I tried to work at my boss have little patiencs with me. I wonder how long until I have money to do anything or pursue a goal. When the car is up for grabs I make plans to drive somewhere though I don't really know a lot of "Good" place.

I have been planning to just not socialize at work anymore because of drama it starts. My last job ended badly though I ran my mouth to someone and also got into a fight with the same person wife. The reason I ran my mouth was I had to deal with the guys son in High School and we didn't exactly get along. I really need to learn how to ignore people and tolerate things.

Anon_Fire
Oct 8, 2011, 04:40 PM
Don't you find it frustrating that people keep asking if PSO2 is coming to consoles only to keep telling them that it's PC only?

Ketchup345
Oct 8, 2011, 06:11 PM
I'm really fed up with the type of jobs I can find around where I live. Most of the places I tried to work at my boss have little patiencs with me. I wonder how long until I have money to do anything or pursue a goal. When the car is up for grabs I make plans to drive somewhere though I don't really know a lot of "Good" place.Do you have some sort of college degree, or working on one? With my B.S., I'm currently on a trip for an interview, several hundred miles from home.

NoiseHERO
Oct 8, 2011, 08:43 PM
I...seriously like way too many things before they become cool... Which makes me seem like a hipster, which is ironic because I make fun of hipsters which makes me a hipster BECAUSE it's ironic AND I deny being a hipster at the same time WHICH CONFUSES AND FRUSTRATES ME BECAUSE I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO CARE BUT I CARE TOO MUCH THAT PEOPLE LIKE THINGS FOR LAME REASON WHEN I LIKED THOSE THINGS BEFORE THEY WERE COOL WHICH MAKES ME A HIPSTER FOR MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT WHI-*explodes*

I liked Kanvinsky BEFORE drive came out...

I wanted to see that movie cause it looked like everything I thought was awesome...

But now Youtube comments on music videos from all of my favorite artists are all like "DRIVE BROUGHT ME HERE"

And now I'm like "WHAT THE FUCK IS THI SHIT?!"

Now I'm getting this ironic feeling...

AND NOW I'M FEELING THAT ABOVE BRICK TEXT!

FUCK, WHY ARE MY INSIGNIFICANT ISSUES SPAWNED FROM MY PROCRASTINATION SO DAMN ANNOYING?!

Noblewine
Oct 9, 2011, 12:51 AM
Do you have some sort of college degree, or working on one? With my B.S., I'm currently on a trip for an interview, several hundred miles from home.

No not exactly. I've just been working part time after finishing High School. I've been wanting to try and do something though but I don't exactly have the money to do so.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Oct 9, 2011, 01:17 AM
Girlfriend has to work on Halloween.
My Birthday is on Halloween.
...I'm mad. :/

NoiseHERO
Oct 9, 2011, 07:06 AM

FUKKEN-WHAT?

YOURBIRTHDAYSONHALLOWEEN??? THAT'S SO BADASS!

But yeah, work sucks, me breda...

I an' I know how ya feel.

Ketchup345
Oct 9, 2011, 10:12 AM
No not exactly. I've just been working part time after finishing High School. I've been wanting to try and do something though but I don't exactly have the money to do so.My suggestion: Look into taking some student loans and at colleges or vocational/trade schools. Work seasonal or part time jobs in the summer, and if your schedule allows it, part time during the semesters. You'll probably need a cosigner, hopefully your parents will be willing to do that.

If you're going the college route, consider doing the first 2 years at a community college and finish at a school that has your specific major to save some money. Obviously you should check with the desired end school to make sure the credits will transfer.

BIG OLAF
Oct 9, 2011, 12:04 PM
Even to this day, I can never fully wrap my head around times when someone looks at something and says "That movie/book/video game/whatever isn't very good" without giving ANY examples of what THEY consider to be "good." They'll write a whole damned essay about why such-and-such is terrible, and what's wrong with it, etc., but never say how it could be improved, or give any examples of similar things that have done it "right."

So, in short, they like to bash other people's opinions and tastes, but keep their own hidden away, in fear of similar criticism. Truly, truly weak. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Oct 9, 2011, 02:18 PM
Even to this day, I can never fully wrap my head around times when someone looks at something and says "That movie/book/video game/whatever isn't very good" without giving ANY examples of what THEY consider to be "good." They'll write a whole damned essay about why such-and-such is terrible, and what's wrong with it, etc., but never say how it could be improved, or give any examples of similar things that have done it "right."

So, in short, they like to bash other people's opinions and tastes, but keep their own hidden away, in fear of similar criticism. Truly, truly weak. If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
It's even funnier when said person hasn't read/played/watched/listened to said book/movie/game/music, especially when it's much more easier to say "I didn't like it."

Also, my dog is working my nerves. She keeps ripping holes in our sheets, and just throwing the Stuffing all over the place. Iono how to keep her from doing that. :/

Tyreek
Oct 9, 2011, 02:25 PM

Give me her shift and a piece of her paycheck. I'll take it. :>

On a side note, Sallie Mae tried cutting me a deal regarding my unemployment by putting me on forbearance while I come up with the money before the 2nd of November. If I can't, they'll take it off no questions asked. May as well milk it while I can so they'll stop fucking CALLING ME 4-5 times everyday.

... Ain't no way I can get 150 bucks just like that. I don't have it, my mom doesn't have it, and the last time I asked someone if they could help me out once, they backed out at the last minute. So to hell with that.

Annnnnd my deferral from Chase Bank is now up. These applications I sent in better go through.

Noblewine
Oct 9, 2011, 04:18 PM
My suggestion: Look into taking some student loans and at colleges or vocational/trade schools. Work seasonal or part time jobs in the summer, and if your schedule allows it, part time during the semesters. You'll probably need a cosigner, hopefully your parents will be willing to do that.

If you're going the college route, consider doing the first 2 years at a community college and finish at a school that has your specific major to save some money. Obviously you should check with the desired end school to make sure the credits will transfer.

Alot of my relatives and others I told have said the same thing. I don't really know alot about that stuff. My parents don't have a problem with it but they hate how I am struggling when I have to deal with people because of my learning disability.

Outrider
Oct 10, 2011, 05:11 PM
Alot of my relatives and others I told have said the same thing. I don't really know alot about that stuff. My parents don't have a problem with it but they hate how I am struggling when I have to deal with people because of my learning disability.

Most schools that I know of have departments specifically to help out students with both minor and major disabilities. You could always try giving them a call to see what those systems are like.

Of course, if you're not interested in any of the careers or other opportunities that would come out of a college degree, there are other alternatives. Ketchup mentioned a trade school, which could be useful if there's a particular field you enjoy.

joefro
Oct 10, 2011, 08:51 PM
Dark Souls, oh how I love and hate you, at the same time.

Ketchup345
Oct 11, 2011, 02:37 PM
My hotel room has no water. It ran out right after I brushed my teeth, so I wasn't prepared as nicely as I could have been for my interview. Front desk said plumbing issue- broken pipe or something.

Noblewine
Oct 11, 2011, 10:06 PM
Most schools that I know of have departments specifically to help out students with both minor and major disabilities. You could always try giving them a call to see what those systems are like.

I'm still undecided on what to do at the moment but hearing that they have programs to help with people with disabilities puts me in a better mood. Thanks for the suggestions Ketchup345 and Outrider.

Sinue_v2
Oct 12, 2011, 12:06 AM
Occupy Wall Street vs. The Tea Party: Which one is stupider?

TP: Keep your government hands out of my Medicare!!!

OWS: Down with Capitalism! (tweeted over the internet from an iPhone).

FOkyasuta
Oct 12, 2011, 12:12 AM

Lol. My journalism teacher was talking about this in class. The downside is i might get chosen to do the story hence why its in the bull shxt thread. xp

Randomness
Oct 12, 2011, 10:57 AM

To be fair, the internet was originally a government program (in part, with the rest being universities).

joefro
Oct 12, 2011, 11:22 PM
Tomorrow is the start of Fall "Break," yet I have two projects and a rough draft due the day we come back.

Mike
Oct 13, 2011, 12:00 AM
Tomorrow is the start of Fall "Break," yet I have two projects and a rough draft due the day we come back.
I remember that feeling. Hey, long break coming up! Oh, big project coming up. Of course, they only breaks I get nowadays are national holidays.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 13, 2011, 01:06 AM
I...seriously like way too many things before they become cool... Which makes me seem like a hipster, which is ironic because I make fun of hipsters which makes me a hipster BECAUSE it's ironic AND I deny being a hipster at the same time WHICH CONFUSES AND FRUSTRATES ME BECAUSE I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO CARE BUT I CARE TOO MUCH THAT PEOPLE LIKE THINGS FOR LAME REASON WHEN I LIKED THOSE THINGS BEFORE THEY WERE COOL WHICH MAKES ME A HIPSTER FOR MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT WHI-*explodes*

I liked Kanvinsky BEFORE drive came out...

I wanted to see that movie cause it looked like everything I thought was awesome...

But now Youtube comments on music videos from all of my favorite artists are all like "DRIVE BROUGHT ME HERE"

And now I'm like "WHAT THE FUCK IS THI SHIT?!"

Now I'm getting this ironic feeling...

AND NOW I'M FEELING THAT ABOVE BRICK TEXT!

FUCK, WHY ARE MY INSIGNIFICANT ISSUES SPAWNED FROM MY PROCRASTINATION SO DAMN ANNOYING?!
Because you're a hipster.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Oct 13, 2011, 01:28 AM
My save for Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite is Corrupted.
Tried everything, aaaand nothin' worked. Well that sucked. =_=
Ah well, no more MH for me for a loooong time.

NoiseHERO
Oct 13, 2011, 07:10 AM
My save for Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite is Corrupted.
Tried everything, aaaand nothin' worked. Well that sucked. =_=
Ah well, no more MH for me for a loooong time.

BOMBER WITHOUT MONSTER HUNTER?!

THAT'S LIKE ME WITHOUT MEGAMAN GAMES-

*cries in a corner...*

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Oct 14, 2011, 06:07 AM
BOMBER WITHOUT MONSTER HUNTER?!

THAT'S LIKE ME WITHOUT MEGAMAN GAMES-

*cries in a corner...*

Eh. I put down Monster Hunter for about a year. At this point I'm already over it. If It were my PSPo2 save (again), then I'd be upset. /shrug

Anyways, I FIIIIINALLY finished Shadows of the Damned. I had to go through 2 Massive, pain in the ass Boss Fights, threw a controller, and got Carpal Tunnel, over an ending that could have been waaaaaay better. Also, The fight against Flemming is where the Glitches rear it's ugly head the most...

Ketchup345
Oct 14, 2011, 12:21 PM
My XBox 360 is acting up. Brand new game, giving me "disk unreadable" errors. It also refuses to install to the hard drive, it gets to 4x% then gives me the unreadable issue. It had given me issues before, especially with Oblivion, I think a few Octobers ago. Does my XBox just hate October?

MESeele
Oct 14, 2011, 06:00 PM
My XBox 360 is acting up. Brand new game, giving me "disk unreadable" errors. It also refuses to install to the hard drive, it gets to 4x% then gives me the unreadable issue. It had given me issues before, especially with Oblivion, I think a few Octobers ago. Does my XBox just hate October?

Hmmmm. Despite all the issues that xbox360s tend to exhibit, it might actually be a problem with the disk. I don't know if technology still occasionally screws those up, but every so often a brand new ps1/2/gamecube game would fail to run. Just on the off chance that you do have a defect, you may want to trade it in for a new copy. Most stores are happy to do so (provided you still have the receipt of course)... Then again, that might just be wishful thinking ^^;.

Ketchup345
Oct 14, 2011, 06:20 PM
Hmmmm. Despite all the issues that xbox360s tend to exhibit, it might actually be a problem with the disk. I don't know if technology still occasionally screws those up, but every so often a brand new ps1/2/gamecube game would fail to run. Just on the off chance that you do have a defect, you may want to trade it in for a new copy. Most stores are happy to do so (provided you still have the receipt of course)... Then again, that might just be wishful thinking ^^;.Clearing the hard drive's cache somehow worked for this occurrence. No idea how they're linked, but I managed to install to hard drive and continue my game.

Gunslinger-08
Oct 14, 2011, 07:20 PM

I'd hate October if I didn't get to participate in Oktoberfest too.

NoiseHERO
Oct 14, 2011, 09:18 PM
I love october D: I wish it were another month longer.

The rant being why can't it be a month longer... efdgasfdgafdg

BIG OLAF
Oct 14, 2011, 09:29 PM
I love october D: I wish it were another month longer.

The rant being why can't it be a month longer... efdgasfdgafdg

No. NO. NONONONONONONO. October needs to GTFO. I've never hated October this much in my life before, but it needs to let November in already.

NoiseHERO
Oct 14, 2011, 09:33 PM
No. NO. NONONONONONONO. October needs to GTFO. I've never hated October this much in my life before, but it needs to let November in already.

Hm

I guess I just really like halloween stuff, but never get the chance to enjoy them.

GCoffee
Oct 16, 2011, 06:26 AM
1# Tomorrow marks the first day of university and I cannot find my sweet, little shaver. Beardy hey!

2# Halloween being American-exclusive. Will my totally badass deathreaper costume ever get to be of any use?

SStrikerR
Oct 18, 2011, 09:59 PM
Found out that the guy I played in a tournament a few months ago won the entire thing, and had won tournaments before. And he was unseeded.

Thank you, shitty tournament directors.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 19, 2011, 12:20 AM
I told a college girl at work today that I was nineteen going on twenty.

Her jaw dropped.

I do NOT look that old yet. :disapprove:

NoiseHERO
Oct 19, 2011, 02:19 AM

Augh okay... Other than halloween I also can't wait for this month to be over...

AND HAY HALLOWEENS ON THE LAST DAY OF OCTOBER!

But yeah no seriously, this is going to be an annoying month.

Outrider
Oct 22, 2011, 10:52 AM
Work was a little crazy last week.

And it probably won't let up for the next couple of weeks.

Ugh.

Delete
Oct 23, 2011, 04:40 PM
Paranormal activity 3...seriously they made it that far? The trailer where they have the audience crying (including grown men) is plain stupid. This thing is about as scary as a low budget SCI-FI movie.

Zarode
Oct 23, 2011, 10:58 PM
Why does my friend have to be an insensitive prick to me all the time? Playing or not, it gets old, fast.

I'm hoping he'll get a hint when he starts seeing me leave his ass in the dust whenever he pisses me off.

Sayara
Oct 23, 2011, 11:23 PM
im not sure my little heart can handle anymore frustration, anxiety or disappointment

BIG OLAF
Oct 23, 2011, 11:36 PM
I don't know why people go on, and on, and on about how "amazing" Dark Souls is. I've watched walkthroughs and gameplay videos on Youtube (both commentary and not), and it....really isn't that impressive. These people talk about how awesome the combat is, but all I see is

1. Enemy appears
2. Hold up shield, block attack (or roll away)
3. Wait for an opening
4. Hit enemy a few times
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until enemy dies

Sure, the bosses and stuff are cool, but it's all so monotonous.

Maybe it's because I haven't played the game, so I really can't pass a definitive judgment on it, but shit, it doesn't look nearly as fun as people are amping it up to be. I simply don't see the appeal at all. It just looks like another "hardcore" Japanese grindfest to me.

Mike
Oct 24, 2011, 01:14 AM
Youtube matched some of the music in an old video of mine to a hypnotic weight-loss solution cd. What.

Delete
Oct 24, 2011, 06:28 AM
Man, this world is really F'd up. Sure I knew that already, but just recently remembered a video that I won't name that...actually will scare the shit out of anybody who watches it. Thing is I'm not ashamed to admit I didn't even watch it, I won't watch it....but just reading about it makes me sick ._.

Zarode
Oct 24, 2011, 12:20 PM
I don't know why people go on, and on, and on about how "amazing" Dark Souls is. I've watched walkthroughs and gameplay videos on Youtube (both commentary and not), and it....really isn't that impressive. These people talk about how awesome the combat is, but all I see is

1. Enemy appears
3. Wait for an opening
4. Hit enemy a few times

Maybe it's because I haven't played the game, so I really can't pass a definitive judgment on it, but shit, it doesn't look nearly as fun as people are amping it up to be. I simply don't see the appeal at all. It just looks like another "hardcore" Japanese grindfest to me.

Dark souls is more grindy because you can get away with it easier now. Technically, you should be able to beat the game at Soul Level 1.

Also, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls is more of a play game, not a watch game. It's incredibly boring the watch, and incredibly fun to play. Unless you know what is going on and love to watch someone else suffer.

Ketchup345
Oct 24, 2011, 04:21 PM
Good: We got a replacement DVR today.
Weird: They said it was going to be mailed out today.
Bad: The new one isn't good until tomorrow, probably 8PM. We get an error screen until then.

Why send a replacement out early if it has to wait over 24 hours after delivery to be used?

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2011, 04:28 PM
First job interview tomorrow (don't ask how I got my last job without an interview) and I have no clue where it is! hahahah!

I'm bad at traveling.

Randomness
Oct 24, 2011, 04:51 PM

1. Enemy appears
3. Wait for an opening
4. Hit enemy a few times

Did they remove the blocking damage from Demon's Souls? It was usually only viable against grunts in Demon's Souls - bosses could STILL hurt like hell, and probably drain all your stamina in the process. I know some bosses I ended up kiting with magic because then I could save all my stamina for running the hell away from attacks. Of course, some bosses basically required blocking (Giant spider's flame waves, four hits of painful flames, the first three would destroy stamina, last hurts for a good chunk of HP).

Tyreek
Oct 24, 2011, 07:36 PM
First job interview tomorrow (don't ask how I got my last job without an interview) and I have no clue where it is! hahahah!

I'm bad at traveling.

I raise my fist at you in envy. I've been pestering this last job for a good week and a half. And I'm fed the same "when we have a position open, we'll call you for an interview" line I'm always getting.

Hell, I redid my resume all over again because of how retarded this is getting.

MESeele
Oct 24, 2011, 08:49 PM
Man, this world is really F'd up. Sure I knew that already, but just recently remembered a video that I won't name that...actually will scare the shit out of anybody who watches it. Thing is I'm not ashamed to admit I didn't even watch it, I won't watch it....but just reading about it makes me sick ._.

You aren't talking about the chinese toddler run down by multiple cars while onlookers pretend to ignore it are you? That vid admittedly made my stomach churn.

Also, Demon's Souls and Dark Souls is more of a play game, not a watch game. It's incredibly boring the watch, and incredibly fun to play. Unless you know what is going on and love to watch someone else suffer.

Same with the Disgaea series. Boring as hell to watch, but playing it is awesome.

Delete
Oct 25, 2011, 03:40 AM
You aren't talking about the chinese toddler run down by multiple cars while onlookers pretend to ignore it are you? That vid admittedly made my stomach churn.

Nah, it's something else. Although that sounds just as bad.

Think I should add I need to pick up the new Batman and Battlefield.....wallets gonna be hurtin bad.

And whoops, didn't realize I was the last post, woulda combined this with my last one.

BIG OLAF
Oct 25, 2011, 01:13 PM
Did they remove the blocking damage from Demon's Souls?

I don't know; I never played Demon's Souls. The "Souls" games aren't really the type of games I enjoy. They just look so ridiculously boring.

Outrider
Oct 25, 2011, 05:20 PM
Just playing a bit of devil's advocate here:

I don't know why people go on, and on, and on about how "amazing" Dark Souls Gears of War is. I've watched walkthroughs and gameplay videos on Youtube (both commentary and not), and it....really isn't that impressive. These people talk about how awesome the combat is, but all I see is

1. Enemy appears
2. Hold up shield Hide behind wall (or roll away)
3. Wait for an opening
4. Hit Shoot enemy a few times

Maybe it's because I haven't played the game, so I really can't pass a definitive judgment on it, but shit, it doesn't look nearly as fun as people are amping it up to be. I simply don't see the appeal at all. It just looks like another "hardcore" Japanese grindfest Western shoot-em-up to me.

BIG OLAF
Oct 25, 2011, 05:33 PM
Just playing a bit of devil's advocate here:

Bad example, as Gears is hardly "just like any other Western shooter." A better example would have obviously been Call of Duty. Either way, opinions are like buttcracks: Everyone but war veterans that have been severed from the waist down have one.

Bottom line is, I think Dark Souls is pretty cool in its own right, but I think that people are giving it waaaaaaay too much credit on being "amazing."

Randomness
Oct 25, 2011, 06:01 PM
Bad example, as Gears is hardly "just like any other Western shooter." A better example would have obviously been Call of Duty. Either way, opinions are like buttcracks: Everyone but war veterans that have been severed from the waist down have one.

Bottom line is, I think Dark Souls is pretty cool in its own right, but I think that people are giving it waaaaaaay too much credit on being "amazing."

Actually, there really isn't much unique about Gears, everyone has cover now.

Tetsaru
Oct 25, 2011, 06:33 PM
Man... I remember back when shooters like Goldeneye and Unreal Tournament didn't have the whole "hide behind cover and suck your thumb until your health recovers" crap, and you had to actually look for health or armor power-ups to stay alive, otherwise you pretty much had to go through an entire level on a full bar of health, and that was all you got.

And now we have this generation of gamers growing up thinking that online-multiplayer militaristic shooters like Call of Duty and Halo where everyone's screaming at each other over their mics are the only good games out there, and thus game companies continue to churn them out to make money... :disapprove:

Granted, there's still some good ones like Bioshock, Half-Life, Uncharted, and Portal out there, but mostly because they actually focus more on STORYLINE and UNIQUE GAMEPLAY... :rolleyes:

Also, regarding Dark Souls, I got a chance to play and watch it at my friend's house a few days ago. From what I experienced, it's a pretty well-made Western hack-and-slash RPG. The levels are immersive and beautiful, the monsters and bosses look cool, the combat is solid, and there's a very high level of difficulty involved - pretty much anything can easily kill you if you don't know what you're doing. My only complaint was the fact that it uses a series of checkpoints that seem few and far between, and if you DO die, you have to restart back at the last one you visited and hack your way through ALLLL the enemies again because they respawn when you touch a checkpoint. I'd say it's good for those who want something long, difficult, and challenging to play, although I could see it being very frustrating for a lot of people.

NoiseHERO
Oct 25, 2011, 08:00 PM
Is it sad that I don't even want to look dark souls up, just because of the name?

Mike
Oct 25, 2011, 08:22 PM
And now we have this generation of gamers growing up thinking that online-multiplayer militaristic shooters like Call of Duty and Halo where everyone's screaming at each other over their mics are the only good games out there, and thus game companies continue to churn them out to make money... :disapprove:
How is this any different than what happened in the past?

Tetsaru
Oct 25, 2011, 09:12 PM
How is this any different than what happened in the past?

Maybe it's just because I've grown up since around the N64 era when I really started getting into gaming, but it seems that shooters just seem to overshadow everything else nowadays in terms of hype, and companies are buying into it and oversaturating the genre as a whole. Shooters are a dime a dozen nowadays, and sequels are being churned out on a yearly basis. I don't see the appeal of releasing the same stuff over and over again without some other sort of storyline or innovative gameplay mechanic to hold my interest.

But yeah, my point is that I rarely see people get excited over a good game in a genre other than shooters anymore. Every once in a while, I'll see or hear people talk about a rare gem (Arkham City recently, for instance), but I NEVER see anyone excited about, say, the next big platformer, adventure, or puzzle game, and sometimes it makes me feel alienated amongst the gamer community. It's always ZOMGCALLOFDUTYLET'SSHOOTSTUFFGRAABLGARGLBLTESTOSTE RONE, and I HATE that...

Egoraptor sums this up quite nicely, I think:

[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXasCjUTNpE[/spoiler-box]

Zarode
Oct 25, 2011, 09:43 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now my friend is ignoring me after I asked him if he's ready to say sorry to me, after what he did. Some friend.

BIG OLAF
Oct 26, 2011, 10:47 AM
The backlight on my old, piece-of-shit laptop finally died, I think. I'm typing this message while holding a flashlight up to the monitor,so sorry for any spelling errors. What a piece of garbage. At least I have the money to buy a new one!

You can buy a new laptop for $40, right? Oh....

amtalx
Oct 26, 2011, 12:58 PM
@Tetsaru:
There will always be a dominant genre. You shouldn't ignore the fact that developers were squeezing out platformers and racers in N64 days at the same pace they are doing with FPS games now. Before that it was point-and-click adventure games, and before that it was arcade-style quarter munchers. Just because you don't like the current preferred genre doesn't mean the trend is any different than it has been for the last 30 years.

While FPSes generate a huge amount of revenue, we actually have more variety than ever due to the size of the industry. There's everything from small indie titles all the way up through Facebook games and AAA releases. That kind of scope simply didn't exist 15 years ago. Just because a game you don't like gets all the press doesn't mean a game do you like has ceased to exist.

Sayara
Oct 26, 2011, 01:03 PM
WMATA.
more importantly the Route Y#

Scejntjynahl
Oct 26, 2011, 01:42 PM
@Tetsaru:
There will always be a dominant genre. You shouldn't ignore the fact that developers were squeezing out platformers and racers in N64 days at the same pace they are doing with FPS games now. Before that it was point-and-click adventure games, and before that it was arcade-style quarter munchers. Just because you don't like the current preferred genre doesn't mean the trend is any different than it has been for the last 30 years.

While FPSes generate a huge amount of revenue, we actually have more variety than ever due to the size of the industry. There's everything from small indie titles all the way up through Facebook games and AAA releases. That kind of scope simply didn't exist 15 years ago. Just because a game you don't like gets all the press doesn't mean a game do you like has ceased to exist.

I see what you are saying. However I see what Tetsaru is saying as well. Let us be honest here for a bit... when did it become acceptable that sequels or prequels are just rehashes of the original game that drew you in? What happened to been a risk taker or innovative? For example take the Metroid series. Does it have sequels and prequels? Yes. However they always brought different play mechanics, more detailed environments, and hell it broke away from 2D platformer to 3D FPS! This is what is missed. Bringing life to the favorite game. While so far I dont believe that new areas make for a better game, which is what most FPS are doing. Same mechanics, different environment -yawn-. But at the same token because they do sell more; so companies will always try to milk this genre dry. (Street Fighter anyone?). Oh, it is only worthy to mention that companies should take risks even if it doesnt pan out, Im talking to you Metroid the Othe M... what a piece of junk you turned out to be.

amtalx
Oct 26, 2011, 04:44 PM
I see what you are saying. However I see what Tetsaru is saying as well. Let us be honest here for a bit... when did it become acceptable that sequels or prequels are just rehashes of the original game that drew you in? What happened to been a risk taker or innovative? For example take the Metroid series. Does it have sequels and prequels? Yes. However they always brought different play mechanics, more detailed environments, and hell it broke away from 2D platformer to 3D FPS! This is what is missed. Bringing life to the favorite game. While so far I dont believe that new areas make for a better game, which is what most FPS are doing. Same mechanics, different environment -yawn-. But at the same token because they do sell more; so companies will always try to milk this genre dry. (Street Fighter anyone?). Oh, it is only worthy to mention that companies should take risks even if it doesnt pan out, Im talking to you Metroid the Othe M... what a piece of junk you turned out to be.
Metroid is the exception, not the rule. There are very few games with the brand recognition of Metroid that undergo the Prime transformation. For every instance of a complete genre shift within a franchise, there are ten instances of playing it safe with a Mario or Zelda game. We also shouldn't forget that Retro pumped out two more Prime games that introduced virtually nothing significant beyond the original.

Franchises aren't inherently evil. If an IP becomes a franchise, it did so because people liked it enough to want more. However, it does become detrimental when sequels come at the cost of new IP. New IP will inevitable be created though. Every franchise has to start with a new IP. There have been lots of 2's and 3's this year: Dead Space 3, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, and Gears of War 3 to name a few, but those all had to start somewhere.

It's easy to get caught up in marketing blitz behind billion dollar franchises like CoD(although that's kind of the point behind marketing,) but that doesn't diminish success of quirky little titles like Catherine, or the meteoric rise of Demon's Souls/Dark Souls.

NoiseHERO
Oct 26, 2011, 05:12 PM
Somewhere in the desert there's a whole shipping of E.T. games buried in the sand. And people thought today's games were serious business!

MESeele
Oct 27, 2011, 04:29 AM
Somewhere in the desert there's a whole shipping of E.T. games buried in the sand. And people thought today's games were serious business!

Burying them off in a desert was pretty warranted imo. That game collapsed the gaming industry... Y'know, if card making company Nintendo didn't take another risk to revive it.

Also, after damn near two months, my hands are no longer numb. This is good. However, my body took its damn time coming through on our deal. Not cool.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 27, 2011, 09:21 AM
Metroid is the exception, not the rule. There are very few games with the brand recognition of Metroid that undergo the Prime transformation. For every instance of a complete genre shift within a franchise, there are ten instances of playing it safe with a Mario or Zelda game. We also shouldn't forget that Retro pumped out two more Prime games that introduced virtually nothing significant beyond the original.

Franchises aren't inherently evil. If an IP becomes a franchise, it did so because people liked it enough to want more. However, it does become detrimental when sequels come at the cost of new IP. New IP will inevitable be created though. Every franchise has to start with a new IP. There have been lots of 2's and 3's this year: Dead Space 3, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, and Gears of War 3 to name a few, but those all had to start somewhere.

It's easy to get caught up in marketing blitz behind billion dollar franchises like CoD(although that's kind of the point behind marketing,) but that doesn't diminish success of quirky little titles like Catherine, or the meteoric rise of Demon's Souls/Dark Souls.

You made some valid points. But you really should include Zelda as another exception alonside with Metroid. Remember it was first an overhead view game, then a hybrid overhead view withe side scrolling platforming incorporated (and it also brought in exp points into the mix), then it went back to overhead view (on various devices), took a horrible turn with Cdi (dont even go there, those games should be burned with fire), and then with N64 it went complete 3D. And not only that, it has changed its art style and even who the protagonist really is. And each new game is an entire game onto itself, meaning you really dont need to play the previous versions to enjoy the one you have in your hand atm.

However you are most correct that if something sells well, most likely than not the formula will not be changed.