PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Ghost Inside
Jun 28, 2012, 05:04 PM
I have lightly curly hair naturally. And I had it pretty much just long and natural for almost ten years, now I'm just so sick of it!
So I cut it short (relatively) and I flatten it every day. 'Cause... My bob just looks weird otherwise.
I like my bob. ._.

Sure curly is nice but... No, I can't stand it any longer! Maybe I'll go back again in a few years.

CelestialBlade
Jun 28, 2012, 05:28 PM
I have really, really straight hair and I do like it, though I can't do a whole lot with it because it's really thin too. It's been as long as down to my hips, now it sits right around shoulder blade length or a little lower. I'm generally too lazy to try and do much with it anyway, usually I just leave it down or put it in a ponytail or braids.

Reksanden
Jun 28, 2012, 05:49 PM
I have lighter brown hair, which is wavy, and curls around the end. A LOT. Makes me look like I've got corkscrews on my head.... But that only happens if I let my hair air-dry.

For an actual rant, I suppose..... I have nothing to rant about other than I'm leaving for two months on Monday.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 06:19 PM
My hair is beautiful.

...Oh right, a rant.

Yeah...polydipsia sucks. I'm not sure if it's diabetes related but it's incredibly annoying in the summer how much water I have to drink without my body flipping out.

BIG OLAF
Jun 28, 2012, 11:07 PM
Out of shaving cream, and it was too late to go to the store and buy any. Had to make do with just water and foam hand-soap. Wasn't too bad; had to take my time. Still a pain, though.

...and then, of course, the hairs I trim off of my goatee magically fly and land everywhere but in the sink, so I had to wipe that mess up, too.

EDIT: I keep my hair buzzed short. I hate it when it gets thick; it itches and sticks out on the sides.

Sayara
Jun 28, 2012, 11:33 PM
My hair is a nusance to me.
If its too short its unworkable, and if its too long tis impossible to fix without mega glue.

Though...I'd never want to lose my hair. ;( (Tsundare for his own hair?!)

NoiseHERO
Jun 28, 2012, 11:38 PM
My hair is a nusance to me.
If its too short its unworkable, and if its too long tis impossible to fix without mega glue.

Though...I'd never want to lose my hair. ;( (Tsundare for his own hair?!)

Sayara to his hair: "I-it's not like I want to trim you because I care about you or anything... You're just annoying when you're long, baka! >///>;;;"

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jun 29, 2012, 12:04 AM
My hair is pretty bitchin'. Its nice and curly, and surprisingly spiked when its just cut, and when it grows out, its nice and curly. Love my Puerto Rican Afro. As for shaving, its always a chore for me, especially since I like a little scruff on my face.

As for problems.. I'm starting a change in my diet, and trying to lose a few pounds with my girlfriend. I gotta say, its harder than I thought it'd be. I love to eat, so cutting my portions is a bit difficult for me. I'm not too into change, damn it.

Leviathan
Jun 29, 2012, 12:54 AM
Hair is such a difficult thing for me.

I use to flatten my hair every week for the past 10 years of my life. I stopped doing that a month ago so my hair can become healthy again. So I'm sporting a very 1950's Betty Draper-esque hairstyle and sometimes a Che Guevara style.

I'm of mixed race (African and Puerto Rican so my hair is wavy and curly and thick) and it's really hard to find hair products that are good. (Many shampoos and conditioners have sulfates which strip hair of moisture along with other fillers) I've been through so many products and I've only found one that is effective but they discontinued it. If I want to get help for my hair is would have to go to Puerto Rico, Brazil, or the Dominican Republic for insightful help. Every time I go to the salon no one knows what to do with my hair because they don't specialize in ethnic hair. (Beauty schools should make everyone learn how to cater to every type of hair just not caucasian hair.) :disapprove:

Outrider
Jun 29, 2012, 10:41 AM
Yesterday I finally got around to scheduling a haircut after at least 6 weeks (if not more!) without one. It's getting way to long and curly, especially in the back.

So I have the haircut later today and all of you people spontaneously start talking about your hair.

Get out of my head.

Vanzazikon
Jun 29, 2012, 01:27 PM
My beard is not disgusting. :(

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jun 29, 2012, 02:09 PM
My beard is not disgusting. :(

No. No it is not. :(
It is their clean-cut, non-bearded faces that are disgusting.

Zeota
Jun 29, 2012, 04:55 PM
My hair is...

as of last year, non-existent.

I started losing it at about age 20 and it got to a point where I was hard-pressed to do anything with it. So I just shaved it all off and haven't looked back.

xBladeM6x
Jul 1, 2012, 12:55 AM
No. No it is not. :(
It is their clean-cut, non-bearded faces that are disgusting.
I agree. ^^;

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

Also, I just had like multiple Deja Vu. Instead of explaining, I'll just post here the same thing I wrote elsewhere:

The awkward moment when you look through places in your house, that you haven't looked through for more than 4+ years, and you find things that you had totally forgotten about that have a huge impact on your past, or just feel like it's a completely different life, because you don't remember a God Damned thing about it ever happening.

Why is this in the rants section? Because of this: A little philosophical debate for you all. What's worse, looking back at a fun and hopeful past, with a shitty present, or looking back on a dark, and regrettable past with an "okay" present? I guess it's like this inner thought of "What the fuck happened between then, and now? Things feel so much different."

TL;DR - Fuck thinking about the past. Makes me wish I were there again. -_-

Peejay
Jul 2, 2012, 02:03 PM
Someone brute-forced my email to steal another one of my game accounts for a shitty game, and because of this, I probably won't get it back.

The game is infested with the sort of guys who really just make a bad name for everyone because they call everyone noob. When the hell did that start? OKAY KID I BEAT YOUR ASS FROM HERE TO THE MOON THREE TIMES PLEASE JUST SHUT UP AND QUIT CHALLENGING ME TO REMATCHES.

Now it's probably one of them trying to steal my account, or sell it.

And if it's this one other asshole I know, I'm removing every single friend I have because him extorting them into doing this... It's not funny, I'm pretty sure it's even illegal. I've gotten complaints from the two people who respect me at all about his bullshit, and he uses my anger as leverage to just be a gigantic dick.

xBladeM6x
Jul 2, 2012, 05:10 PM
Someone brute-forced my email to steal another one of my game accounts for a shitty game, and because of this, I probably won't get it back.

The game is infested with the sort of guys who really just make a bad name for everyone because they call everyone noob. When the hell did that start? OKAY KID I BEAT YOUR ASS FROM HERE TO THE MOON THREE TIMES PLEASE JUST SHUT UP AND QUIT CHALLENGING ME TO REMATCHES.

Now it's probably one of them trying to steal my account, or sell it.

And if it's this one other asshole I know, I'm removing every single friend I have because him extorting them into doing this... It's not funny, I'm pretty sure it's even illegal. I've gotten complaints from the two people who respect me at all about his bullshit, and he uses my anger as leverage to just be a gigantic dick.

If you don't mind me asking, what game, and what platform?

Scrub
Jul 2, 2012, 06:00 PM
just moved into the new apartment and the internet's been down all weekend. now it's up but running slow as fucking shit and I can't do much at all on it.

it's some problem with wiring and they cant bring anyone in until friday. fuck this *removed*

xBladeM6x
Jul 2, 2012, 06:28 PM
just moved into the new apartment and the internet's been down all weekend. now it's up but running slow as fucking shit and I can't do much at all on it.

it's some problem with wiring and they cant bring anyone in until friday. fuck this *removed*

I know how it feels to have internet problems. I have had my internet fucked up for 2 years now. Cuts in and out instantly, and even had their whole tech division down here, and it fixed nothing. They basically told me, we're not coming anymore because we're convinced it's an electrical problem. If you call us to fix it again, we're turning off your service. I was like... fuck. Because they know my only other alternative is Verizon, and fuck that.

Rusty Spoons
Jul 2, 2012, 08:53 PM
I know how it feels to have internet problems. I have had my internet fucked up for 2 years now. Cuts in and out instantly, and even had their whole tech division down here, and it fixed nothing. They basically told me, we're not coming anymore because we're convinced it's an electrical problem. If you call us to fix it again, we're turning off your service. I was like... fuck. Because they know my only other alternative is Verizon, and fuck that.

Rant city right here!!!

Within about two or three weeks of moving into my new house my roommate lost his job. It wasn't his fault, they let 10 other people go too. The fact that he is now being a lazy american pig is completely his fault. Now he sits in the sun in our backyard with his shirt off getting drunk and listening to classic rock on the radio instead of working. He barely makes enough from unemployment to pay rent/bills. So therefor if I want internet, I get to pay for it all.

So I haven't had internet at my residence for about 4 months now. No cable, just dvds and things from my computer. I recently found an unsecured network. I have two options with this network. The first is me sitting in a very specific and uncomfortable spot getting poor to fair internet(if I plug anything wireless in it degrades to nothing). Option two has me sitting in my front yard next to a street that is quite busy and loud.

At this point I wish that I never discovered this network. I keep tricking myself into thinking it might actually stay decent for more than 30 seconds.

I read a whole lot more these days!

Scrub
Jul 2, 2012, 10:23 PM
so i got shit semi-working and PSO2 was the only game I could play w/o horrible lag for some reason.

then after like an hour the games go down for the maintenance. already feel bad enough cuz my Class-Switching and moving meant that im only level like 18 and now this I aint gonna be able to be a decent level for a long time. mad as fuck.

Outrider
Jul 2, 2012, 10:32 PM
Damn it, body - I am doing this for you! Why do you hate me so much when I go to the gym!?

Normally I'm pretty weirded out by the idea of giving up our corporeal forms and existing in a post-singularity digital consciousness, but if it means I don't have to deal with this crap anymore I just might change my mind.

NoiseHERO
Jul 2, 2012, 10:34 PM
Damn it, body - I am doing this for you! Why do you hate me so much when I go to the gym!?

Normally I'm pretty weirded out by the idea of giving up our corporeal forms and existing in a post-singularity digital consciousness, but if it means I don't have to deal with this crap anymore I just might change my mind.

THE BURN AND EXHAUSTION MEANS IT'S WORKING!

DON'T SIT DOWN FOR A BREAK, YOUR BODY WILL GO BACK TO LAZY MODE AND YOU WON'T GET PROGRESS! D8

CupOfCoffee
Jul 2, 2012, 11:08 PM
Huge blackout down my entire street, leaving my apartment (and all the other ones in my building) utterly without any power at all. No lights, no air, no fridge.

HAVE TO UNPLUG AND PLAYS GRANDPAS GUITARS :(

Peejay
Jul 2, 2012, 11:13 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what game, and what platform?

Getamped2. Cyberstep is a terrible company.

Also, Blade, Verizon is pretty fantastic in the south. I hope you're there of all places.

Rusty Spoons
Jul 2, 2012, 11:17 PM
Huge blackout down my entire street, leaving my apartment (and all the other ones in my building) utterly without any power at all. No lights, no air, no fridge.

HAVE TO UNPLUG AND PLAYS GRANDPAS GUITARS :(

Oh thank god for that Metalocalypse reference!

My favorite show ever, end of story. Epic music too.

NoiseHERO
Jul 2, 2012, 11:24 PM
Oh thank god for that Metalocalypse reference!

My favorite show ever, end of story. Epic music too.

STOPS COPYINGS ME'S! D<

BIG OLAF
Jul 3, 2012, 04:57 AM
On one hand, I love attention. I crave it. Probably because no one ever paid (positive) attention to me through the first 18+ years of my life. I try to suck up every little bit I can, when I can. Sometimes I think I try too much and piss people off, but hey.

On the other hand, I hate attention, too. Due to the excessive bullying and hurt I suffered, I'm scared of other people, and I'm scared of being sized-up, judged, or analyzed. I get random spouts of paranoia where I think everyone is out to get me and/or secretly thinks I'm annoying and wished I would go away.

These two polar opposite mental constructs tears my mind in half sometimes. It's a weird feeling.

Sayara
Jul 3, 2012, 11:02 AM
Not gonna ask you again Disney/Company who did this abombination
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17r6upkma1m5qjpg/original.jpg
Dont fucking touch our old disney villians sizes because they're LARGE FUCKING OCTOPUSES. Thanks.

Leviathan
Jul 3, 2012, 11:14 AM
Sayara didn't you know you can only be skinny and pretty not both. /Sarcasm

---

I hate it when people begin a sentence with "Not to sound racist and/or sexist, but [followed by a statement that is racist and or sexist.]

You know it is sexist and/or racist but you went ahead and said it so when anyone gives to hell about don't cry crocodile tears because even your dumbass noticed it was wrong to say in the first place.

Slidikins
Jul 3, 2012, 12:12 PM
then after like an hour the games go down for the maintenance. already feel bad enough cuz my Class-Switching and moving meant that im only level like 18 and now this I aint gonna be able to be a decent level for a long time. mad as fuck.

MMOs, like life, are not a race to the max level. That's when the fun starts to dwindle.

Scrub
Jul 3, 2012, 12:37 PM
MMOs, like life, are not a race to the max level. That's when the fun starts to dwindle.

Not when the only person I know who plays this game is a lot higher level than me and I cant catch up to him.

Outrider
Jul 3, 2012, 01:43 PM
Not when the only person I know who plays this game is a lot higher level than me and I cant catch up to him.

But that helps the metaphor even more! It's like when you're a little kid and all you want is to be as old as your older siblings/parents/etc.

Scrub
Jul 3, 2012, 01:45 PM
but i dont wanna play with dumpy ass weirdo kids down the street who i dont know.

Scrub
Jul 3, 2012, 04:29 PM
went thru a whole song and dance to locate my nearest Faygo vendor, me and my roommates drive out there and it turns out they stopped carrying it a few months back. cant find it anywhere now.

will I never be able to truly baptise these Hatchetman cups the way they deserve?

Nitro Vordex
Jul 3, 2012, 05:21 PM
You can baptize them in fire.

Scrub
Jul 3, 2012, 06:01 PM
i baptized it in the fires of my lifes blood (code red)

Polly
Jul 4, 2012, 08:01 PM
God damn Koffe quests can BEEEEEELOOOOWWWWWW MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Emergency Code, Emergency Code, Emergency Code...Hey I know, let's just pipe to the guy that's near the exit....Wait, that didn't work at all...EMERGENCY CODE, DOORS CLOSING ME IN SOLO, EFF THIS!

I'm thinking....just join other parties as a side party in areas I wanna play because holy god these things are just stuuuuuuuuuupid!

Slidikins
Jul 5, 2012, 09:45 AM
Emergency Code, Emergency Code, Emergency Code...Hey I know, let's just pipe to the guy that's near the exit....Wait, that didn't work at all...EMERGENCY CODE, DOORS CLOSING ME IN SOLO, EFF THIS!

Don't get me started. I was trying to do Desert Extermination or w/e with Ozha and EMERGENCY CODE: AVOID pops up on my screen. Well, crap, that stupid bird is coming to ruin my day for 2 minutes. Then suddenly EMERGENCY CODE: DUEL pops up. Now Ragne's up in my face. I'm worried about dying because I need the S rank to satisfy Ozha, who, by the way, is doing crap damage. I toss a telepipe, get more mates, and actually take Ragne down by myself because there's no one else on this Multi-party map for some reason.

CROSS OVER CODE! Another Ragne jumps on me. Takes my remaining health, and leaves me in a cast-y pulp on the desert floor. Ozha can die in a fire.

Peejay
Jul 5, 2012, 10:40 AM
Don't get me started. I was trying to do Desert Extermination or w/e with Ozha and EMERGENCY CODE: AVOID pops up on my screen. Well, crap, that stupid bird is coming to ruin my day for 2 minutes. Then suddenly EMERGENCY CODE: DUEL pops up. Now Ragne's up in my face. I'm worried about dying because I need the S rank to satisfy Ozha, who, by the way, is doing crap damage. I toss a telepipe, get more mates, and actually take Ragne down by myself because there's no one else on this Multi-party map for some reason.

CROSS OVER CODE! Another Ragne jumps on me. Takes my remaining health, and leaves me in a cast-y pulp on the desert floor. Ozha can die in a fire.

I can't even complete the damned thing because the quest objective?

-It never happens.-

Scrub
Jul 5, 2012, 01:33 PM
Hey EVERYONE sometimes when people are being blatantly sarcastic it is a JOKE for the purpose of MERRY-MAKING and not somebody trying to fucking 'TROLL' you!!!

Randomness
Jul 5, 2012, 03:27 PM
I can't even complete the damned thing because the quest objective?

-It never happens.-

Desert Extermination is the first mission - kill a bunch of robots.

Polly
Jul 5, 2012, 03:58 PM
Hey EVERYONE sometimes when people are being blatantly sarcastic it is a JOKE for the purpose of MERRY-MAKING and not somebody trying to fucking 'TROLL' you!!!

"Troll" is a word that's lost nearly all its meaning anyway. Nowadays it just means "You have a different opinion than I do." Same with "emo" a few years back.

The internet just loves beating words into the ground with a two ton hammer until they're stretched so thin they can mean almost anything.

Also: PSO2's missions suck and I hate them all. The end. (I'm trolling!)

Sayara
Jul 6, 2012, 06:11 PM
Losing so much faith in a company whos only bit of assistance with my amazing 500$ paperweight suggestion was
"

Is the tablet plugged directly into your computer or going into a hub or extension? "

ITS BEEN 3 WEEKS NOW YOU STUPID SHIT.

Scrub
Jul 6, 2012, 09:24 PM
This fucking apartment like...gets the internet literally through goddamn power sockets, it's modem literally just has a power cord and a single ethernet cord. I've never heard of something so stupid before in my life and it works about as well as you'd think it would.

The worst part is how apparently my old PSU I had in my computer was murdering the connection for some reason so I had to slap down like a hundred freakin bucks on a new PSU (and a new fan because I fucked up the cord of the old shitty fan my computer was using, only $10 but that shit fucking adds up). I hate this shit.

Peejay
Jul 6, 2012, 11:36 PM
I came home and found my headsets stopped working. I fiddled with it and it worked! Then as soon as someone called me on Skype, it died completely.

I can't afford one hundred fucking dollars to replace the only headset I legitimately enjoyed using. So I have to take back a wireless headset I got a bit ago that doesn't work, and my receipt I KEPT IN THE BOX is mysteriously fucking gone, too.

I have some extreme sensory issues which make it impossible to interpret information if something gets seriously screwed up.

I can't actually sleep tonight. And I'm upset because I can't talk with anyone either.

Outrider
Jul 6, 2012, 11:45 PM
This fucking apartment like...gets the internet literally through goddamn power sockets, it's modem literally just has a power cord and a single ethernet cord. I've never heard of something so stupid before in my life and it works about as well as you'd think it would.

The worst part is how apparently my old PSU I had in my computer was murdering the connection for some reason so I had to slap down like a hundred freakin bucks on a new PSU (and a new fan because I fucked up the cord of the old shitty fan my computer was using, only $10 but that shit fucking adds up). I hate this shit.

Wait, they're basically serving you internet with one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ULOZ5W/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=techlogon-20&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B003ULOZ5W&adid=04C848MC0EW2VN76CHEW&&ref-refURL=http%3A%2F%2Ftechlogon.com%2F2011%2F04%2F12 %2Fusing-powerline-adapters-to-extend-internet-around-the-house%2F

I think you're getting screwed, dude.

Scrub
Jul 6, 2012, 11:51 PM
Wait, they're basically serving you internet with one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ULOZ5W/ref=as_li_ss_til?tag=techlogon-20&camp=213381&creative=390973&linkCode=as4&creativeASIN=B003ULOZ5W&adid=04C848MC0EW2VN76CHEW&&ref-refURL=http%3A%2F%2Ftechlogon.com%2F2011%2F04%2F12 %2Fusing-powerline-adapters-to-extend-internet-around-the-house%2F

I think you're getting screwed, dude.

No it's this whole fucking THING they have set up, and the internet isn't an extra price or anything but as soon as I get a job im definitely going to be looking for a real fucking internet option

Randomness
Jul 7, 2012, 12:29 AM

Yeah, it works quite well... for phone calls. I've heard about that stuff before, but... it's just no substitute for proper wires.

Edit: Saw Outrider's link. Yeah... 200Mbs? Um... well, that's usually more than you'll ever pull at once... but... Ethernet cords are 500x that.

Outrider
Jul 7, 2012, 01:36 AM
I just grabbed the first product I spotted on Amazon, so that might not be the best representation of the concept. I think there are actually similar devices that allow for faster speeds, but still I don't think the point of those devices is for splitting up internet to various customers throughout a building. I think it's generally used as a last-ditch effort to get internet into a room that either can't be wired or can't reach a wireless network. Regardless, I've heard even the better ones aren't great.

BIG OLAF
Jul 7, 2012, 03:03 AM
Came back from my birthday 'celebration'. Was really dizzy and giggly, but not sick. Fell asleep. Woke up at about 1 AM, (had a splitting headache) went to the bathroom and subsequently puked three times, the taste of cheap bar food left in my mouth. Took a shower, rested for a bit, drank some Tang and ate a few small chocolate donuts, and now here I am. I feel a lot better, except my head still hurts slightly, but I should be good when I wake up tomorrow (today).

Being really drunk isn't fun, and I'm never (purposely) doing it again.

Scrub
Jul 7, 2012, 03:18 AM
Came back from my birthday 'celebration'. Was really dizzy and giggly, but not sick. Fell asleep. Woke up at about 1 AM, (had a splitting headache) went to the bathroom and subsequently puked three times, the taste of cheap bar food left in my mouth. Took a shower, rested for a bit, drank some Tang and ate a few small chocolate donuts, and now here I am. I feel a lot better, except my head still hurts slightly, but I should be good when I wake up tomorrow (today).

Being really drunk isn't fun, and I'm never (purposely) doing it again.

First and only time I ever got drunk was one night after I had this break-up with a girl. Roommate was in bed and said I could always help myself to his liquor if I wanted, so I figured now was as good a time as any.

I'm only a bit over 5 feet tall and i SLAMMED two full glasses of sailor jerry's (because i wasnt feeling anything like 15 mins ater the first one so i should probably drink more right), and then I went and played tf2 with some friends of mine. I only vaguely remember playing pyro (the class for retards and drunks), screaming a lot, finding everything hilarious, and then waking up in the morning to find my roommate had found me screaming incoherently at people over my mic in the game, shortly before I threw up everywhere and passed out. Dude cleaned me up and changed my clothes and made sure I was okay.

Paid him back a couple o months later when he got drunk and attacked me, went and threw up all over the bathroom, and I still cleaned it all up after him haha.

EDIT: Happy Birthday

CupOfCoffee
Jul 7, 2012, 10:38 AM
Haha, happy birthday, Olaf.

Having a couple beers when you're out with friends is fun, but I don't usually enjoy being much drunker than that. It makes me feel alienated and kind of "alone in a crowded room," no matter where I am or what I'm doing. I've also had very few hangovers that weren't the nauseated kind that last until 7pm. (sad wacko face)

CelestialBlade
Jul 7, 2012, 11:15 AM
Not a big fan of being drunk, rather I actually enjoy being the more sober one of the group. I get to laugh at everyone's antics :wacko:

I have a lot of German blood and it comes with a pretty high alcohol tolerance, so as long as I space things out and eat while drinking I'm usually not even tipsy. I'm not big on beer anyway; I love mixed drinks with rum, fruity drinks, and hard lemonade now that it's hot.

Oh, and happy birthday Large Oraf!

Speaking of heat, we're on pace to break our all-time record high of 107 in Louisville today. Now, I like it hot and I find 90 degree weather quite comfortable, but even I'll admit it's hot as hell outside.

BIG OLAF
Jul 7, 2012, 11:46 AM
EDIT: Happy Birthday

Haha, happy birthday, Olaf.

Oh, and happy birthday Large Oraf!

Thank you, thank you, and thank you. http://yoursmiles.org/ssmile/fun/s0215.gif

I'm almost completely fine now, though. My stomach still has a bit of a sour feeling to it, but I'm sipping ginger ale and it seems to be helping.

I tell youz what, though. That Tang really did the trick for getting rid of my headache. One small-mid glass and it was all gone. Gonna have to remember that just in case it ever happens again.

EDIT: Oh, and damn. My mom got me a gift certificate for an hour-long massage at a local parlor. I hope me being insanely hyper-ticklish isn't going to cause me great embarrassment when I go. I think i bitched about this before, but I'm just reiterating.

CelestialBlade
Jul 7, 2012, 11:57 AM
EDIT: Oh, and damn. My mom got me a gift certificate for an hour-long massage at a local parlor. I hope me being insanely hyper-ticklish isn't going to cause me great embarrassment when I go. I think i bitched about this before, but I'm just reiterating.
It kinda gets me but it's not too bad. I'm most ticklish on my sides and stomach and feet, so I flinch a little bit, but it's so worth it--for my brother's wife's bachelorette party we had a big spa day for her, and the massages there were godly. I felt like a new person.

BIG OLAF
Jul 7, 2012, 12:11 PM
It kinda gets me but it's not too bad. I'm most ticklish on my sides and stomach and feet, so I flinch a little bit, but it's so worth it--for my brother's wife's bachelorette party we had a big spa day for her, and the massages there were godly. I felt like a new person.

Ah. I know I'll flinch and squirm, since I do at the doctor's office all the time whenever they check me, especially my stomach (worst spot for me by far). I guess you get used to it after a bit, though. I'm sure the people deal with that daily, too, so they probably know ways to ease the issue.

Peejay
Jul 7, 2012, 12:42 PM
Ah. I know I'll flinch and squirm, since I do at the doctor's office all the time whenever they check me, especially my stomach (worst spot for me by far). I guess you get used to it after a bit, though. I'm sure the people deal with that daily, too, so they probably know ways to ease the issue.

Y'know, most Chiropractors I've had to see are usually good about that. My shoulderblades make me crack up, and that's the one spot they gotta check. The one I see actually knows a couple cool tricks for sort of ignoring that reflex, though. Weirdest thing.

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2012, 09:35 PM
Y'know, most Chiropractors I've had to see are usually good about that. My shoulderblades make me crack up, and that's the one spot they gotta check. The one I see actually knows a couple cool tricks for sort of ignoring that reflex, though. Weirdest thing.

Yeah, like I said, I'm sure they have ways of getting around it. Another issue is going to be getting over the fear of surrendering myself to another human being's intimate touch, since that's not something I think about fondly (and not just because of my super-ticklishness). I just gotta remember to tell myself that the person is a professional and it's for health/beneficial reasons.

Also, my stomach has been hurting/giving me gas cramps literally all day. I really hate how, if I wake up and eat within the hour, I'm screwed. I have to wait a good hour or two after I first arise in the morning to eat anything, lest I suffer gastrointestinal pain for at least six hours afterwards. I've been that way as long as I can remember, and it makes no sense.

xBladeM6x
Jul 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
A big, stupid bird broke the big window on my first floor.

Windows...are expensive. No ARKS Cash, motorbike trick-outs, clothing and accessories, or food for me. Note the order, nice priorities.

Fixed that for you. :-P

But that really does suck. I know I keep seeing birds him my windows, and my windows have a perfect K/D so far, so let's hope it keeps up.

Peejay
Jul 10, 2012, 11:52 PM
My birthay was yesterday.

Sure, a lot of people noticed, but. I still feel under-appreciated. I just wish someone who isn't batshit insane, or at least batshit insane with pretty red eyes would say they like me enough to y'know, not think killing me is a good idea, like several past exes.

Scrub
Jul 11, 2012, 12:11 AM
Can I get some of their numbers I don't mind getting killed if it lands me a crazy.

Sayara
Jul 11, 2012, 12:51 AM
Suffered more acute cranium damage today at work.

Still didnt get all 4 corners of my head damaged yet.

Ghost Inside
Jul 11, 2012, 11:28 AM
People who push you to fall in line with their ideas of what your goals should be.

No I don't want to get married.
No I don't want to have children.
No I don't want to live the same, dull, boring ass life that you want to. So lay the fuck off.
Well said! *claps*

Scrub
Jul 11, 2012, 02:20 PM
Well that's the second rare weapon i've vendored and not noticed I did it until the next day!

That shit isn't getting fucking frustrating!!!

BIG OLAF
Jul 11, 2012, 02:26 PM
Well that's the second rare weapon i've vendored and not noticed I did it until the next day!

That shit isn't getting fucking frustrating!!!

Then lock them into your inventory?

Scrub
Jul 11, 2012, 02:29 PM
Then lock them into your inventory?

I didn't know there was a button like that and my fucking like I'd end up deleting it instead of that. I've already used plenty of shit instead of sending it to my stash.

OKAY I FOUND OUT HOW

http://i.imgur.com/GYq8r.jpg

MAY IT STEW FOREVER IN MY STASH WITH THE OTHER TWO.

Sayara
Jul 11, 2012, 04:23 PM
too bad, that gun is completely useless ~^.^~
the jackal

Tessu
Jul 11, 2012, 06:21 PM
I send things to storage immediately because, while I have not done this on PSO2 yet, I have an awful track record of "AAAAHHH I SOLD IT TO AN NPC WHYYYY."

Scrub
Jul 11, 2012, 06:32 PM
too bad, that gun is completely useless ~^.^~
the jackal

i dont know what the guns name actually is but i am affectionately dubbing it "Varista.'

Sayara
Jul 11, 2012, 06:34 PM
its actually not a bad gun at all. You got to get one with attribute though.. One i got ended up with posion 2 and fire element which is excellent against darker spider guys. (Or the platformer guys)

Sometimes they drop as a rare item with a ? on it and stuff. Those are actually potential to become real good.

Scrub
Jul 11, 2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah I've found like 2 of those so far, that I had to identify for like 20k meseta or some shit. I think they have those special properties??? I don't really know how to know what's good and since I'm still leveling up I'm not really concerned with learning it ATM.

Tessu
Jul 11, 2012, 11:28 PM
I want to complain about how hot it is, but then I remember

http://i.imgur.com/Mkjdg.png

FOkyasuta
Jul 12, 2012, 01:00 AM
/still no PSO2 BS thread in sight.

Would make shit like this atleast some what clean.

Peejay
Jul 12, 2012, 09:31 AM
I send things to storage immediately because, while I have not done this on PSO2 yet, I have an awful track record of "AAAAHHH I SOLD IT TO AN NPC WHYYYY."

There actually is a buyback option..

NoiseHERO
Jul 12, 2012, 09:40 AM
Oh god it's finally happened...

PSO2 section has reach the point where one half of the posters act like they dropped out of middle school.

And the other half realizes they're being dumb and start trolling with meme pictures that come from google.

And just like what happened with the past 4 or 5 online gaming forums I've seen go through this... I won't have the self control NOT to turn into my own personal entertainment...

The 5 new threads every 30 minutes deal isn't helping... *starts joker laughing away*

Sayara
Jul 12, 2012, 10:30 AM
/still no PSO2 BS thread in sight.

Would make shit like this atleast some what clean.

I don't find it worth it honestly.

Outrider
Jul 12, 2012, 11:10 AM
Oh god it's finally happened...

PSO2 section has reach the point where one half of the posters act like they dropped out of middle school.

They didn't drop out of school. It's just that they're on summer vacation.

Sayara
Jul 12, 2012, 11:29 AM
SUMMER JERKS.
[/4chon]
-the jackal

Update of sorts on my injury. I woke up the next day so it wasn't bad. 8)

Ketchup345
Jul 12, 2012, 04:35 PM
Weekly grocery store flyer "buy one get one free" section: store brand (blegh) pasta (you have my attention): somewhat small print "excludes lasagna." Dammit.

Scrub
Jul 12, 2012, 05:03 PM
This freakin girl I knew in high school messaged me and we're talking about how life has been.

She asks me if I have any kids to which i respond 'AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!'

Then it turns out she has two and is also in the middle of a divorce. We're ~24 years old. Is this shit normal??? SHOULD i have kids!??! SHOULD I BE MARRIED OH GOD

Tessu
Jul 12, 2012, 05:21 PM
This freakin girl I knew in high school messaged me and we're talking about how life has been.

Then it turns out she has two and is also in the middle of a divorce. We're ~24 years old. Is this shit normal??? SHOULD i have kids!??! SHOULD I BE MARRIED OH GOD

Is it normal? Nowadays yeah. It's at least not abnormal.
Should you be married/have kids? If you're asking that question, probably not. :wacko: After all, you can see how that's turned out for her.

Also I like how you answered the first time. lolol

Scrub
Jul 12, 2012, 05:53 PM
Is it normal? Nowadays yeah. It's at least not abnormal.
Should you be married/have kids? If you're asking that question, probably not. :wacko: After all, you can see how that's turned out for her.

Also I like how you answered the first time. lolol

Haha I was just freakin out about that shit, but it's kind of weird to hear that one of my old friends has been married and has had children!! Like holy shit I am now SO OLD that things like that are a possibility.

IM AN OLD MAN WAY PASSED MY PRIME I'LL NEVER BE YOUNG AGAIN

Ghost Inside
Jul 12, 2012, 06:05 PM
Eh... Someone I went to school with got married at 18 years old! ._.
That was a bit of a shock!

Now half my female cousins seem to have a kid. Bizzare! D:

And one is like 3-4 years younger than me. And I'm 23...!
(Cousin, not kid)

Ketchup345
Jul 12, 2012, 06:18 PM

Then it turns out she has two and is also in the middle of a divorce. We're ~24 years old. Is this shit normal??? SHOULD i have kids!??! SHOULD I BE MARRIED OH GODI'm 25. Number of my friends from high school (college gets a bit more confusing- I didn't ask ages plus the fact all ages go to college means some people I know may be older than I would guess, so I'll leave those out) who are married: 3. Number of those who have kids and are married: 0. Number of friends/acquaintances with children: I can think of 1 (but not married last I knew) with another 1 married with child on the way (she also has a son in law). 1 other pair of friends is due to be married this month.

Total married or very soon to be: 5 (4 if you want to count one couple as only one).
Total with children: 2 (one in marriage, one not).
Total number divorced: 0 as far as I know.

Outrider
Jul 12, 2012, 07:43 PM
I'm 27. Via the Facebooks, I've seen that a number of people I went to school with now have kids. Still, most don't have kids. Some are just getting married now while many aren't married yet.

Then again, my understanding is that if you live in more rural areas the average age at which people get married is significantly lower.

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 01:35 AM
Eh... Someone I went to school with got married at 18 years old! ._.
That was a bit of a shock!

Now half my female cousins seem to have a kid. Bizzare! D:

And one is like 3-4 years younger than me. And I'm 23...!
(Cousin, not kid)

Two girls I went to junior high with were married (and had kids) at ages 12 and 15 respectively. Kind of a big "fuck the what now?" moment when you're that young, though I'd hope that's a pretty messed up idea to anyone that heard it at any age.

Ghost Inside
Jul 13, 2012, 02:40 AM
12 and 15... Whaaaaaaaaat? How is that even legal?? o.o

You have to be at least 18 here!

BIG OLAF
Jul 13, 2012, 02:44 AM

It's not legal. That's the kicker.

Leviathan
Jul 13, 2012, 02:49 AM

Shotgun wedding(s).

Noblewine
Jul 13, 2012, 03:04 AM
PSP is analog nub is close to breaking on me and I'm trying to advance the story to Star Ocean 2nd Evolution. Died during a fight in the coloseum because the cursor went apeshit on me. I need levels atm for the area I have to clear. >.<
Thank god I bought used though I don't know how much a different PSP model will cost. I might as well keep buying used 1st models.

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 03:21 AM

It went to court and both times, the parents agreed to let it happen. Sounds like a lovely household to me.

Scrub
Jul 13, 2012, 03:43 AM
So that girl i knew from high school that had 2 kids and the divorce i mentioned earlier? We traded numbers to keep in touch occasionally.

She called me like 3 times an hour ago. at 3 am my time, 4 am her time.

Anyone think it would be rude of me to kind of just block her on AIM and block her number on my cell phone cuz I got bad feelings about this shit.

.Rusty.
Jul 13, 2012, 05:04 AM
3 calls at 3am? yup that gonna get a "girl u crazy" reaction :wacko:

Polly
Jul 13, 2012, 08:36 AM
LIFE INSURANCE COMPANIES, AM I RITE GUYS? HAHAHA! Good times!

I went into the wrong profession, because the fun these guys seem to be having with being dickface scumbags at my expense seems really fuckappealing right about now.

Sayara
Jul 13, 2012, 10:26 AM
So that girl i knew from high school that had 2 kids and the divorce i mentioned earlier? We traded numbers to keep in touch occasionally.

Anyone think it would be rude of me to kind of just block her on AIM and block her number on my cell phone cuz I got bad feelings about this shit.

Did you answer any time asking wtf is your malfunction major?

Tessu
Jul 13, 2012, 10:34 AM

Yeah like Sayara said, I'd at least say "what the heck was that" first and wait for some developments. But I can understand why you're uneasy. Still, a woman like that has kids to take care of, right? Maybe she'll find out she doesn't have time to be a crazy stalker.

Scrub
Jul 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
I would love to have a crazy stalker, don't get me wrong, that is actually what I am all about.

Dekus Scrub just knows to stay away from a recently divorced woman with two kids. I'll askher about it and hope shit don't get awkward I guess.

amtalx
Jul 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
Having a stalker is great for a temporary ego boost, but quickly devolves into "annoying as fuck" territory. I wouldn't even bother to respond. Those types feed on any kind of contact, even if it's negative.

Scrub
Jul 13, 2012, 12:51 PM
Having a stalker is great for a temporary ego boost, but quickly devolves into "annoying as fuck" territory. I wouldn't even bother to respond. Those types feed on any kind of contact, even if it's negative.

I actually love crazies though. Like, okay I know this is going to make me sound like a terrible person, but when my last girlfriend got psychiatric care and started taking medication she CHANGED into this like boring normal person who wasn't anything at all like the psycho I fell in love with and our relationship kind of floundered and died from it.

amtalx
Jul 13, 2012, 05:11 PM
Steam is such a terrible program. What if I want to install Steam on my SDD, but put a huge ass game like Max Payne 3 on my large capacity drive?

Nope.

On the good side, it's only going to take 2 hours to download a 30GB game.

SpikeOtacon
Jul 14, 2012, 12:56 AM
Steam is such a terrible program. What if I want to install Steam on my SDD, but put a huge ass game like Max Payne 3 on my large capacity drive?

Nope.

On the good side, it's only going to take 2 hours to download a 30GB game.

Such a horrible program oh yes (http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover/)

amtalx
Jul 14, 2012, 11:54 PM
Such a horrible program oh yes (http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover/)

Do you have something that stops my other monitors from going blank while in fullscreen games? :D It's annoying that I built my rig specifically to have auxiliary monitors while playing but Steam games turn them off.

xBladeM6x
Jul 15, 2012, 03:03 AM

This, this, this. It's 100% true. :-x

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2012, 02:49 PM
While I do know why I generally hate people, I dont quite understand why I absolutely despise anyone who is sensitive or emotional. It is a dilemna, because I love seeing them squirm.

You shouldn't get so short with people, you know.

Ghost Inside
Jul 15, 2012, 03:10 PM
While I do know why I generally hate people, I dont quite understand why I absolutely despise anyone who is sensitive or emotional. It is a dilemna, because I love seeing them squirm.
Maybe you're just no good at dealing with them or have trouble understanding and so it's frustrating? *shrugs*

Ghost Inside
Jul 15, 2012, 03:29 PM
The one thing I can't change is my height, no choice there.

Platforms! Platforms! xD

@Ghost - Probably, I've never been the very understanding type, at least when it comes to dealing with things like that. So instead of being patient and trying to understand I instead go the route I know best. Though in the past I have tried to understand others, it has never done me any good at all.
That's kind of sad really. ._.

Micro
Jul 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
Comcast.

xBladeM6x
Jul 16, 2012, 06:59 AM
Comcast.
I second this. I called them when trying to fix my sister's internet (well, run a diagnostic) and it ended up that I had to teach the technician how to fix it. Lmao.

My problem right now? Sleep Deprivation. Followed by being tired all day when I'm trying to get stuff done, and do it poorly, or fall asleep doing it. Therefore nothing getting done. Fuck me.

Scrub
Jul 16, 2012, 10:02 PM
Wait what's wrong with being short???? I am a proud IRL gnome personally.

Polly
Jul 16, 2012, 10:43 PM
4'11". Repre-fucking-sent.

Heskett
Jul 16, 2012, 11:30 PM
You people are tiny. 6'2" master race.

xBladeM6x
Jul 17, 2012, 05:24 AM
..... 6'5 here.

I'll go away now. xD

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 06:25 AM

You represent, all right. The Lollipop Guild.

gwohohoho!

EDIT: I'm 6' 4".

CelestialBlade
Jul 17, 2012, 06:37 AM
OH MY GOD I'M TALLER THAN SOMEONE. I love you more now o_o

5'1" :(

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 09:44 AM
5 even, but I can't imagine being 5'5", let alone 6 fucking feet or taller, what the fuck do you people eat?

The angry shorty type huh?

Polly
Jul 17, 2012, 10:24 AM
OH MY GOD I'M TALLER THAN SOMEONE. I love you more now o_o

5'1" :(

I have a friend that's 4'9", so I'm a-okay with you feelin better about being taller than me. ;D

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 10:34 AM
5 even, but I can't imagine being 5'5", let alone 6 fucking feet or taller, what the fuck do you people eat?

It's called "genetics."

Sounds like you got the short end of the stick, huh? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Sayara
Jul 17, 2012, 10:38 AM
Its not all genetics. Good nutirition is another way to get taller. I was 4 foot nothing and 40 lbs til 6th grade when i suddenly became 6'1. I outheight my entire immediete family trees. (No outside of the clan names)(Not over night but...) now the problem is my 40 lbs never transfered to my height.

Ya know what i hate?
Re-occurring headaches ruining good nights.

BIG OLAF
Jul 17, 2012, 11:18 AM
Its not all genetics. Good nutirition is another way to get taller. I was 4 foot nothing and 40 lbs til 6th grade when i suddenly became 6'1. I outheight my entire immediete family trees. (No outside of the clan names)(Not over night but...) now the problem is my 40 lbs never transfered to my height.

You know what helps decide how efficiently your body uses nutrients to feed itself and grow taller? Genetics.

Sayara
Jul 17, 2012, 11:52 AM
You know what helps decide how efficiently your body uses nutrients to feed itself and grow taller? Genetics.

In that point yeah. But people do have that ability to grow past their prospective size from their genetics. Elsewise I'd be no taller than 5'10 right?

Ghost Inside
Jul 17, 2012, 12:15 PM
Genetics aren't as simple and predictable as 'my parents and grandparents are like X then I should be roughly X too'.

For me... Well the school nurse and some other people got on my case in my teens because they were worried I didn't eat enough. And the nurse even had a neat little graph showing my height-weight measurements over the years and clearly showed how my growth was slowing down way too soon as it wasn't following the projected growth graph.
So... If I had eaten like a normal person I probably would've been a lot taller today!

But... I'm still 176cm/5'9"! And I like my height, I'm quite happy I didn't get taller! Being another 10cm/4in would've been... Weird. ._.

And both my parents are pretty short! My grandparents not quite as short but still shorter than me!

Sayara
Jul 17, 2012, 12:22 PM
For me... Well the school nurse and some other people got on my case in my teens because they were worried I didn't eat enough.

So this. I cannot stand being told if i am not eating or whatever. Im tall and thin i can't help that D:< (for the most part)

NoiseHERO
Jul 17, 2012, 12:27 PM
@ShotaMike: Yes. All tall people should die.

sdjsalkdghalsdgsa
t

SHADDAP ABOUT THAT HERE!! D8

xBladeM6x
Jul 17, 2012, 05:00 PM
I was told I'd be 6'4 when I was 20. I was told this news upon turning 6. Apparently they were right considering no one of the males in my family is below 6'0. Also, to make you shorties feel shorter, the human race is only getting taller. In 1000 years, the average height will probably be 6'8. XD

Peejay
Jul 17, 2012, 06:29 PM
I was told I'd be 6'4 when I was 20. I was told this news upon turning 6. Apparently they were right considering no one of the males in my family is below 6'0. Also, to make you shorties feel shorter, the human race is only getting taller. In 1000 years, the average height will probably be 6'8. XD

I was supposed to be 6'6", but I'm a foot under that. Why? Apparently, certain drugs in combination just outright block growth.

xBladeM6x
Jul 17, 2012, 07:01 PM
I was supposed to be 6'6", but I'm a foot under that. Why? Apparently, certain drugs in combination just outright block growth.

I'm going to assume one of those drugs had a steroid in it. :nono:

NoiseHERO
Jul 18, 2012, 02:10 AM
YEAH!

RANDOM 3 HOUR POWER OUTAGE ON A HOT-ASS NIGHT LIKE THIS TO REMIND ME THAT MODERN DAY HUMANS SUCK WITHOUT TECHNOLOGY!

Polly
Jul 18, 2012, 02:56 AM
YEAH!

RANDOM 3 HOUR POWER OUTAGE ON A HOT-ASS NIGHT LIKE THIS TO REMIND ME THAT MODERN DAY HUMANS SUCK WITHOUT TECHNOLOGY!

A lot of people where I live had 8+ days without power a couple weeks ago. No ice, no air conditioning, in 100+ degree weather. A lot of sick people, my own father passed because of it, and the electric company thinks the customers should pay for their cleanup.

Great times we live in!

NoiseHERO
Jul 18, 2012, 03:51 AM
A lot of people where I live had 8+ days without power a couple weeks ago. No ice, no air conditioning, in 100+ degree weather. A lot of sick people, my own father passed because of it, and the electric company thinks the customers should pay for their cleanup.

Great times we live in!

Wow that's terrible.(Also sorry to hear) I didn't whine much with that 3-4 hours but it was reaaaallllyyyy annoying I can't imagine 8 days. @_@

Then again NY did have that one summer black out, but I was in another state when that happened.

.Rusty.
Jul 18, 2012, 06:24 AM
The fuck. people died because they was slow to respond and now they are chargeing customers for the repairs. Thats pretty damn evil right there.

Peejay
Jul 18, 2012, 09:29 AM
I'm going to assume one of those drugs had a steroid in it. :nono:

Nope, just a combo of stimulants and depressants.

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2012, 10:50 AM
Over the past couple of weeks, I, for some unexplainable reason that I cannot figure out, have felt like that Im going to die someday soon. I don't know if other people feel this way sometimes, but it's strange. I can just 'feel' death coming for me sometimes, and i don't mean in the "we all die eventually" way, either. I mean like really soon. It makes no sense, and it's freaking me out.

Ghost Inside
Jul 19, 2012, 10:53 AM
Are you sure you're not having panic attacks?

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2012, 10:56 AM
Are you sure you're not having panic attacks?

I have panic attacks sometimes, usually when I'm in a public place by myself for too long. It's not a panic attack. It's a lot calmer than that, and I feel a lot more....understanding of it, I guess?

But, maybe there's different kinds of panic attacks. I know it's not the 'kind' I get in public places.

Ghost Inside
Jul 19, 2012, 11:01 AM
Could be a Limited Symptom Attack? *shrugs*
Just thinking panic attacks because I know from experiance that gets that impending doom/death kind of thing going in your head sometimes.

CelestialBlade
Jul 19, 2012, 11:02 AM
Over the past couple of weeks, I, for some unexplainable reason that I cannot figure out, have felt like that Im going to die someday soon. I don't know if other people feel this way sometimes, but it's strange. I can just 'feel' death coming for me sometimes, and i don't mean in the "we all die eventually" way, either. I mean like really soon. It makes no sense, and it's freaking me out.
I've had that feeling before, about other people as well as myself. A couple of years ago I had really good reason to think that too, and I still get those thoughts sometimes, but, obviously I'm still here. I can't really offer much advice about how to deal with it other than, with me anyway, it'll go away after a bit. Just keep your head up; you're fine.

Ghost Inside
Jul 19, 2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah, that's what I want to say too: Don't worry about it! It's probably nothing! *hugs*

Nitro Vordex
Jul 19, 2012, 11:13 AM
So I hit my big toe against my couch, which resulted in having one part of the nail raise up, while the other part dug into the toe a bit. This nail had already fallen off once before, and now it's hurting like hell. I can't even afford urgent care because I don't have insurance, but it's only like $155 and I still can't afford it. It's embarrassing and painful. Only the best for me!

Outrider
Jul 19, 2012, 11:14 AM

You've mentioned before that you had been on medication (I believe you said it was for things like depression/mood/etc.) Are you still on some kind of medication? Have you been taking the prescribed dosage?

So I hit my big toe against my couch, which resulted in having one part of the nail raise up, while the other part dug into the toe a bit. This nail had already fallen off once before, and now it's hurting like hell. I can't even afford urgent care because I don't have insurance, but it's only like $155 and I still can't afford it. It's embarrassing and painful. Only the best for me!

That sucks, man. Hopefully it'll heal on its own? It's also kind of ridiculous that because you don't have insurance you can't get this fixed. Oh, what a wonderful world we live in.

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2012, 11:19 AM
I've had that feeling before, about other people as well as myself. A couple of years ago I had really good reason to think that too, and I still get those thoughts sometimes, but, obviously I'm still here. I can't really offer much advice about how to deal with it other than, with me anyway, it'll go away after a bit. Just keep your head up; you're fine.

Yeah, that's what I want to say too: Don't worry about it! It's probably nothing! *hugs*

I'll try your suggestion, Chels, and just wait it out for a bit. Thanks a lot, girls!

You've mentioned before that you had been on medication (I believe you said it was for things like depression/mood/etc.) Are you still on some kind of medication? Have you been taking the prescribed dosage?

I've been off that medication for a good year, now. So it can't be that. I'll just wait it out for a bit, as per suggested, and see if I still get the feeling.

Ah! Now I know the proper term: "Dread." A sense of dread that makes me feel like I'm about to just fall over dead. God it's weird.

Polly
Jul 19, 2012, 11:24 AM
People have absolutely zero respect these days.

Driving to the graveyard behind the vehicle carrying my father's remains (which was going a bit slower, because ya know, funeral'ish type deal). I was passed by two dickfuck fuckfaces during the drive, one that flipped me off, the other swearing at me for "driving like a cunt."

Stay classy, humanity.

CelestialBlade
Jul 19, 2012, 11:37 AM

Driving to the graveyard behind the vehicle carrying my father's remains (which was going a bit slower, because ya know, funeral'ish type deal). I was passed by two dickfuck fuckfaces during the drive, one that flipped me off, the other swearing at me for "driving like a cunt."

Stay classy, humanity.
Wow, what assholes -_- Sorry you had to deal with that, you'd think people would be smart enough to realize what a funeral procession is.

If they have that little respect for you and your family during a heavy loss, think how empty their own lives must be. What an empty existence.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 19, 2012, 01:17 PM
That sucks, man. Hopefully it'll heal on its own? It's also kind of ridiculous that because you don't have insurance you can't get this fixed. Oh, what a wonderful world we live in.
I can only hope. I'm trying to keep it clean and covered. I had to call off work today because I'd have ripped someone's head off, trying to run around and wear a shoe on the damn thing. It also kept me awake most of the night because it hurt and I didn't want to hit it while I was lying down...eyes closing on their own now.

BIG OLAF
Jul 19, 2012, 03:03 PM

Stay classy, humanity.

What a bunch of scummy douchebags. That's horrible, Polly. Shows what a sordid state of affairs this planet is in. Most people don't give half a rat's ass about anyone else's problems, and just go straight-forward in their own life without regarding other human as just that, humans. They only care about themselves and what they're doing, and to Hell with everyone else!

You're driving too slow? You're taking too long ordering at the deli? You're talking to your mom on your cellphone? Too bad, you're interrupting their super-important life, and boy-howdy, you're gonna hear about it! You're getting in their way, and they can't be having that! Just who do you think you are, anyway?!

Sometimes I look in the mirror and wonder if I'm the rule, or the exception (since I consider myself a kind, caring person)...because sometimes, unfortunately, it seems like the latter.

Hopefully someone as wretched, shitty, and soulless as them does the same to their family during their own funeral procession.

NegaTsukasa
Jul 19, 2012, 04:25 PM
fricken hate it when it comes time for a group discussion on a project or progress critique for a class, and people loaf around. I mean being chill and slightly goofy is cool. but when I'm prepared to show my shit and get feed back and no one else cares at the time, that pisses me off to some degree. ya. thanks for making my efforts of all these things I printed out or are showing on the computer feel like a waist of time. excuse me while I go to THAT group over THERE, where they are actually being productive. ah well. this is why I usually confront professors rather than students for progress feed back. >: (

never liked group progress or collabs in classes. this is college. pay attention people.
and then I feel bad for the teacher/professor for having to get people back in line. and then I feel like I'm targeted and am part of the cause for not staying on task. ffffffffff----

Ghost Inside
Jul 19, 2012, 04:45 PM

Stay classy, humanity.
Usually I'd get mad about reading something like that but it's just too much!
I just feel all depressed-like. ._.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, Polly. *hugs*

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 19, 2012, 08:42 PM
i hate the paradox of nail growth

cutting them "too short"is the only way for them to be short enough for me to type comfortably

but then they just keep receding little by little. stubby nails are actually pretty uncomfortable.

and if i let them grow out they impede my typing

Scrub
Jul 19, 2012, 10:29 PM
Haha fuck that. I been bitin my nails since I can remember.

I dont even know if you can call them nails though. Theyre more like remnants of nails long past. I can't pick up coins off a table and have trouble getting finger grips somethings because of it.

Ketchup345
Jul 19, 2012, 10:56 PM
i hate the paradox of nail growth

cutting them "too short"is the only way for them to be short enough for me to type comfortably

but then they just keep receding little by little. stubby nails are actually pretty uncomfortable.

and if i let them grow out they impede my typingI'm similar. Hate fingernails that extend beyond the "attachment line" to the finger. But then I'm constantly clipping them because this one or that one has developed a "point" to it.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 20, 2012, 01:56 AM
Speaking of nails, got back from the hospital. Nail was just too uncomfortable, so they numbed my toe and pulled the nail out. Got the fancy boot for it, and a prescription. Gotta talk to a foot doctor tomorrow as well, make sure nothing else happens.

The toe is still numb for now. Worried about how it's gonna feel in a few hours.

Polly
Jul 20, 2012, 02:35 AM
Speaking of nails, got back from the hospital. Nail was just too uncomfortable, so they numbed my toe and pulled the nail out. Got the fancy boot for it, and a prescription. Gotta talk to a foot doctor tomorrow as well, make sure nothing else happens.

The toe is still numb for now. Worried about how it's gonna feel in a few hours.

I had to have that done about 15 or so years ago. I had numbness tingling that lasted like 2 weeks after. I think they over-did it with the numbing crap. Odds are the doctor will tell you to just soak in epsom salts for a couple weeks and come back for a checkup to make sure it's growing back properly.

Outrider
Jul 20, 2012, 10:31 AM
Ugh. This movie theater shooting news is just horrible.

.Rusty.
Jul 20, 2012, 11:35 AM
humans are assholes :(

Ghost Inside
Jul 20, 2012, 11:36 AM
That's not the word for it. People are monsters. ._.

NoiseHERO
Jul 20, 2012, 08:15 PM
Ugh. This movie theater shooting news is just horrible.

Just heard what you were talking about... e_e

There goes my day.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 21, 2012, 01:49 AM
I had to have that done about 15 or so years ago. I had numbness tingling that lasted like 2 weeks after. I think they over-did it with the numbing crap. Odds are the doctor will tell you to just soak in epsom salts for a couple weeks and come back for a checkup to make sure it's growing back properly.
The doctor had to put quite a bit of the numbness stuff in...and it wore off like four hours later. Body must have a high tolerance for it or something.

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 06:47 AM
Was jolted awake this morning to extreme chest pain and shortness of breath. Fun times.

Also, dry mouth, and we're out of bottled water. Balls.

xBladeM6x
Jul 21, 2012, 09:45 AM
Was jolted awake this morning to extreme chest pain and shortness of breath. Fun times.

Sounds like your morning was awesome.

Ghost Inside
Jul 21, 2012, 12:43 PM
Chest pain? That can't be good!
Did you get it checked out?

BIG OLAF
Jul 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
Chest pain? That can't be good!
Did you get it checked out?

Oh, no. It happens sometimes, due to my heart problems and such. Just it doesn't happen that bad too often. I've been fine since, though.

Peejay
Jul 21, 2012, 06:02 PM
Well, yeah, it's over between me and the girl I was trying to get the attention of for good. Only, she doesn't even want me as a friend, but instead I get to be an acquaintance over twitter, which she said she avoided because of me after blaming a completely different group of people before.

This makes me seriously want to hurt myself. She was my motivation to improve as a person, and now I guess I'm suddenly fucking boring or something.

CelestialBlade
Jul 21, 2012, 10:13 PM
You should be your own motivation to improve yourself. Relying on others as a source for that only leaves you where you are now.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 22, 2012, 02:15 AM
Well, yeah, it's over between me and the girl I was trying to get the attention of for good. Only, she doesn't even want me as a friend, but instead I get to be an acquaintance over twitter, which she said she avoided because of me after blaming a completely different group of people before.

This makes me seriously want to hurt myself. She was my motivation to improve as a person, and now I guess I'm suddenly fucking boring or something.

You should be your own motivation to improve yourself. Relying on others as a source for that only leaves you where you are now.
How can you love others when you can't love yourself?

It's cheesy poofs, but it's goddamn true.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 22, 2012, 04:57 AM

lol i prefer the term cotton mouth

@peejay

the only thing that will understand you is iron

go pump and jog, and you'll feel better. even if you don't wanna you should go regardless

above two posts are also completely correct. there are some guys that are relatively below average, i'd say a 4/10, that i know, but i still find them incredibly attractive mostly because of how they respect themselves but they aren't assholes about it. they're also funny, but they have a good amount of social experience and go out of their way to talk to people, which is necessary if you want to stop being socially retarded (not saying you are, but i know quite the number of people.)

it's funny, because you have to have a backbone, but you can't have too much, since that'll make you an asshole. if you have none, you're an incredibly unattractive pussy, even if aesthetically you're an 8/10.

if she thinks you're boring, fuck her, even though she may be right. fuck her in the sense that you recognize you may be boring, and you practice talking to people/read up on socializing skills so you're not boring anymore. prove her ass wrong and show her up.

20 bucks says that if you seriously practiced socializing with strangers at the mall every saturday afternoon for 3 months, if you ran into her again, she'd probably be attracted to you, so long as you put your skills to use, and acted like you've moved on. (as retarded as that sounds)

.Rusty.
Jul 22, 2012, 05:50 AM

Pretty much this. Plus being on the receiving end of that kind of obsessiveness can be kinda uncomfortable and often kill any potential relationship.

xBladeM6x
Jul 22, 2012, 08:49 AM

Sounds like she's not as good a person as you think she is. If she is really that cold, then it's probably better you're not with her. Just from what I've seen at least....

Peejay
Jul 22, 2012, 09:29 AM
Motivating myself to improve myself is pretty difficult as is, considering I have enough wrong with me to make independent living at best, improbable. That still is a goal, but it's a hell of a long ways off.

Also, our mutual friends before this were rather abusive to me. You ever get told "Don't get mad, but you don't have tits so I don't care what you think". I ended up getting word from only two people that they were saying some really unsavoury things about me as it is. Maybe it is a joke, I can't really tell when you start saying I kill animals for fun. Partially when PSO2 is shooting monkeys with rocket launchers which is just amusing.

Needless to say, I'm not friends with any of those guys anymore either. I usually have to leave when I get to be the ass of the jokes, and once someone starts, it doesn't ever fucking stop just because I'M REALLY FUNNY. I'd still prefer laughing with me, not at me. Oh, and not lying to me.

I's really easy to tell when people are lying.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 22, 2012, 10:01 AM
"Don't get mad, but you don't have tits so I don't care what you think"

that sounds like a joke, a funny one at least.

killing small animals doesn't, but you're probably holding yourself to be blunt, socially retardedly. it may be your body language, it may be the way you talk, or both. can you actually put inflection in your voice? does your face change much?

i've met people that actually just don't do either. and most people end up talking shit about them behind their backs like they're actually serial killers, when really they just aren't that expressive unless they're doing something they really like.

generally, around highschool and up, the rule of thumb is to treat anything you may see as an "insult" as a joke. always. it's when you misinterpret the joke and you answer/reply seriously you kill the mood and make it awkward, which nobody wants.

i've seen it done before lol

guy a:"ya so that's why i think when asians go black, they can't go back, y'know what i'm sayin, cause you know, black guys have big d's lol" (clearly a joke)
guy b:"no, i don't really know what you're talking about." (serious reply)

what guy b should have done, even if he didn't agree, was recognize this as jest, and go "lol jeeze that makes so much sense"

but then you'll probably say, "i don't beat around the bush and i'm upfront with people."

and that's when i'll counter with my friend's motive for working customer service jobs. to fake customer service with so well he does the customers a disservice, so they can't tell the difference. because if you get good, you can fake it, and people can't tell. however instead of putting forth genuine feelings, you can still revel in your hatred and disdain for whoever you're talking to/the retadedness of how the conversation is going or the situation, and it's much more satisfying/achievable for certain people to fake it. it's not that hard to produce grows feet in your eyes you know, when you smile. just start making it a mental trigger, whenever you move your mouth, you squint your eyes.

i may be wrong but if you've known these guys for a while, most likely the very beginning with them was alright, but then they might have done silly jabs that may have seemed like insults, when in actuality, they were jokes. and you probably took them too seriously. after you replied like that they probably realized you were socially inept, and they started making their jokes more serious, like about killing animals. since of course, anybody that doesn't have proper social skills and is past highschool is clearly going to kill small animal and eventually graduate to humans right?

for people, if something is awkward or they can't understand it easily/something doesn't react the way it's supposed to, they don't like it.

that's why when you react a different way from how most people react when they make jokes etc. that may seem like insults, they don't like you.

there are a few ways you could have played the "you kill small animals" insult, to regain their favor.

jest, with no backbone (you're a pussy because you're letting it slide they said you kill small animals without denying it in the slightest sense, save your sarcastic tone.) :"lol yeah, cause i'm totally korean right? i got some dogmeat in the fridge right now" (this is said in the thickest sarcastic tone you can muster)

backbone, but still jesting (ie ur not being an asshole, but you're still verbally denying you kill small animals. however you make a quick joke afterwards so you're not a dick about it.): "no way man i love dogs! it's not like i'm a chinese food stall worker"

i make easy usage of stereotypes because everyone can relate to them, and everybody generally thinks they're funny if you're very clear with your tone and facial expression that you're joking. doesn't matter if you yourself don't think they're funny, don't agree with them, etc. this is what's been decided by social norms. people can easily relate to and understand stereotypes. they love them.

asshole with backbone but now people think you're an asshole: "dude i have a dog at home and i get along great with cats. i'd never do anything like that"
this actually sounds like a normal sentence but delivered seriously with a serious face, this makes you sound like an asshole (isn't that sad? but it's true, in most situations. honestly, it's all about tone and face/body language. you can straight up say "aww fuck you man fuck you" but if you're smiling a "genuine" smile and laughing while you say it, people won't get mad, and they'll probably laugh. it's completely retarded)

another way you could spin it is by saying you love dogs, but you, "lol, dunno about cats. i might have to take down a stray that keeps thinking my porch is a litter box"

socializing properly is stupid. it's a game. game is everywhere and it doesn't only apply to women. game is applied when you have to talk to anybody anywhere.

honestly, i really fucking hate this "beating around bush" bullshit, that social norms are based on today, where everything has to be said in a light, happy tone with a semi laugh at the end of almost all sentences, or has to have a joke attached so it doesn't seem like you're an asshole.

but at least AFTER you do the fake smiley bullshit, if you do end up connecting with anybody, you can be more serious.

you just aren't supposed to be serious when you first meet. that comes later, way later.

------

the above is all conjecture mixed with educated guesses about your situation, if you take offense then that's probably one of the first things you should work on. maintaining your ego. because i'm not belittling you. know when to defend your pride and when to let it be tarnished, but when defending, always do so with a joke, smile, and a light tone.

however, this is the internet of course, social rules don't apply here. feel free to carry on with your detailed and explicit, blunt thoughts you'd enjoy to do to people like stab them in the face, or what not (if you're saying stuff like this irl though, you gotta stop man lol. not saying you are, saying if.)

as a last note though, if those guys were mutual friends you knew because of her, from the jokes they were making, it sounded like they didn't really care for your existence or respected you. and they seriously seemed like they thought you may have been a little off the deep end.

and that's not good. it's pretty much guaranteed they talked behind your back about you to her about how they thought you were probably a little crazy. and when guys go off on other guys to their friends that are girls, usually girls take it pretty seriously.

Peejay
Jul 22, 2012, 10:11 AM
Nah, I get what you're saying. But it supposedly being easy to tell it's a joke when I can't even hear it in their voices is sort of a problem. That is the only way I can tell.

I actually told them to go eat a dick because they started doing it after my cat died, too. Sort of like what happened to another friend, they wouldn't fuck off after his dog died.

Now, I know they're supposed to be friends, but they're being pieces of shit about it. I'm not a bastion of human rights or anything, but holy shit I think I'm doing better than these guys.

And yeah, I know what you mean, I work in retail. I am not happy about it, I'm trying to get a different job that pays more. It's not fun to deal with people who look like they've probably eaten someone bigger than you throwing a fit so badly because their credit card isn't working that their jowls cause their whole body to convulse. Because it's a job I have to be "nice" at, it's difficult to try and find openings in people's defenses where they wouldn't notice I'm being a complete dick.

Though it does sound fun.

.Rusty.
Jul 23, 2012, 12:10 PM
Why is shopping for trousers such a pain in the butt. You would think smaller waist = shorter legs but nooooo

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 12:15 PM
Rearview mirror fell off my car. For the fourth time.

The last of my windows (driver's side) stopped working, too. I now have to drive in a hotbox in the middle of the Florida Summer. Great.

Sayara
Jul 23, 2012, 12:16 PM
Why is shopping for trousers such a pain in the butt. You would think smaller waist = shorter legs but nooooo

Im a 32 x 34. You think that'd be an easy size to find! (im probably a 31x34)

I like to call myself an artist, but my art glands been constipated for like 2 months now! grrg

.Rusty.
Jul 23, 2012, 01:55 PM
I like to call myself an artist, but my art glands been constipated for like 2 months now! grrg

Well the the obvious solution to that problem is draw lots of prune juice :wacko:

Ketchup345
Jul 23, 2012, 06:58 PM
Why is shopping for trousers such a pain in the butt. You would think smaller waist = shorter legs but noooooMy brother is tall and skinny. Last I knew 28 around and either 30 or 32 long.

Walked into AAA wondering about best best way home: train, plane, or driving. Driving turns out cheapest (even over train!) and mid-length (faster than train!). This country really could use a better rail system. Driving 1200 miles should not cost less or be faster than taking a train that doesn't even start or end at either true start or end point (the train leaves from a location 2+ hours away, and stops over an hour away from end point).

I hate when Fox airs F1 races first- even though they are the same announcers, they dumb down the commentary, then air the race much later that night on Speed.

BIG OLAF
Jul 23, 2012, 07:35 PM
and now my mom's car is fucking up, too. Her brake lights won't turn off, so I had to go out into the lovely Florida summer rainstorm and disconnect her battery. I'm so pissed off right now.

Ketchup345
Jul 23, 2012, 10:35 PM
So does anyone actually like Gawker website group's new commenting system?

Outrider
Jul 23, 2012, 11:00 PM

Yes, because it means I spend a lot less time commenting on Kotaku when I should be doing work.

Something tells me that probably won't be held up as proof of it's 'success.'

.Rusty.
Jul 24, 2012, 10:53 AM
Wait people still read Kotaku? after that creepy sonic bed guy i thought most people would have given up on that place.

Randomness
Jul 24, 2012, 02:40 PM
Yesterday morning, I woke up to a laptop that was clicking. Fifteen minutes later (And, thankfully, after I'd uploaded my documents onto Google), it BSODs. Permanently (Total, irrevocable hard drive failure)

Thankfully, was able to pick up a new hard drive and got everything back online this morning. Still have to reinstall... everything. (I'd almost filled my old one... all 500 GB)

Heskett
Jul 24, 2012, 03:38 PM
Valve and Microsoft are currently doing the paso doble of douchery in regards to releasing Left 4 Dead 2: Cold Stream. Stop blaming each other, kiss, make-out a bit, make-up, and release it now please. I've waited a year, but having the release date as TODAY and it still not being out is making me asfasfasf.

NoiseHERO
Jul 24, 2012, 03:40 PM
Yesterday morning, I woke up to a laptop that was clicking. Fifteen minutes later (And, thankfully, after I'd uploaded my documents onto Google), it BSODs. Permanently (Total, irrevocable hard drive failure)

Thankfully, was able to pick up a new hard drive and got everything back online this morning. Still have to reinstall... everything. (I'd almost filled my old one... all 500 GB)

Nothing like a successful backup to make you think "phew... at least I'm not completely fucked.."

goldwing
Jul 24, 2012, 05:38 PM

May i ask what that is?

Ketchup345
Jul 24, 2012, 06:06 PM
Yes, because it means I spend a lot less time commenting on Kotaku when I should be doing work.

Something tells me that probably won't be held up as proof of it's 'success.'Quite the opposite, a failure it is.

Wait people still read Kotaku? after that creepy sonic bed guy i thought most people would have given up on that place.I go more for Jalopnik, and maybe an occasional jump to io9.

May i ask what that is?Gawker group is a group of news topic websites owned by the same company. Gawker is celebrity news, Lifehacker is into using tech to make life better/easier, Deadspin is sports, Kotaku is gaming, Jezebel is usually female focused news, io9 is "nerd" focused- a lot of space/science/sci-fi posts, Gizmodo is tech gadgets, and Jalopnik is vehicle related news.

The sites recently changed their commenting system, to one that few people like.

GrieverXVII
Jul 24, 2012, 09:36 PM
K im actually not spazzing, but this blows so hard! I understand why and the good nature of these weekly maintenance i just got so unlucky with the timing. Where i live im just getting off work now. I usually stay up till 2:30 am playing...looks like the service doesnt end till 2am...i was so looking forward to playing tonight and every week i always forget about this and i rage inside for a couple mins. I guess this is another reason im looking forward to the NA version.

tl;dr: whining about unlucky times cuz im a big baby :D

Garnet_Moon
Jul 24, 2012, 09:36 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2818091&postcount=46

Mag-X
Jul 24, 2012, 09:37 PM
This gives me time to catch up on my animu shows. I've been falling behind thanks to PSO.

Lostbob117
Jul 24, 2012, 09:37 PM
Oh jeez... this people don't know how to play other games is killing me.

GrieverXVII
Jul 24, 2012, 09:39 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2818091&postcount=46

Well said...well said haha

Oh jeez... this people don't know how to play other games is killing me.

ButI WAN PSO2 NAO!!!??? JOO UNERSTAN!?

Polly
Jul 24, 2012, 11:11 PM
Sleep schedules.

FUCK!

goldwing
Jul 24, 2012, 11:19 PM
Quite the opposite, a failure it is.

I go more for Jalopnik, and maybe an occasional jump to io9.

Gawker group is a group of news topic websites owned by the same company. Gawker is celebrity news, Lifehacker is into using tech to make life better/easier, Deadspin is sports, Kotaku is gaming, Jezebel is usually female focused news, io9 is "nerd" focused- a lot of space/science/sci-fi posts, Gizmodo is tech gadgets, and Jalopnik is vehicle related news.

The sites recently changed their commenting system, to one that few people like.

Ah thanks much.

Randomness
Jul 25, 2012, 12:51 AM
Nothing like a successful backup to make you think "phew... at least I'm not completely fucked.."

It lasted about 15 minutes. I got the few word documents that mattered onto Google Docs. Lots of savegames bit the dust.

goldwing
Jul 25, 2012, 01:55 AM
Ugh anyone just have one of thos days where uk its going to b bad and it ends up being bad? Yea so far its like that for me. My window to my car passanger side fell off track and now i gotta fix it... so my window is stuck open wat next?

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 01:21 PM
annnnnd there goes my last window motor. I now officially drive a rolling steam-bath.

xeku
Jul 25, 2012, 03:20 PM
annnnnd there goes my last window motor. I now officially drive a rolling steam-bath.

That sucks man....I wish there was still an option for crank-down windows. Never liked power windows - don't trust them, and always have issues with them, regardless of the car.

Not too hard to fix yourself, if you can find the parts that is..

xBladeM6x
Jul 25, 2012, 04:01 PM
Sleep schedules.

FUCK!

I'm feeling this one really hard right now. :(

Nitro Vordex
Jul 25, 2012, 04:53 PM
The one time it makes ya wish for crank windows, eh? :wacko:

Ghost Inside
Jul 25, 2012, 04:55 PM
... Until the crank falls off.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2012, 05:00 PM

Yeah, I really do prefer them, anyway. My dad's truck has them, and I think they're awesome.

Outrider
Jul 25, 2012, 06:18 PM

Man, I don't remember who it was (either my young cousin or my girlfriend's young sister), but I was giving somebody a ride in my old car that had crank windows and they were like, "Oh cool, you have those windows with the roller handle. These are so neat."

It made me feel old.

Leviathan
Jul 25, 2012, 08:19 PM
But aren't you old Outrider? :wacko:
---
I have a year and a half of school left but I fear the state of education cuts are closing in on me. I'm getting about $7,400 less than I usually get and even though I am in the bottom bracket (layman's terms 'poor') for financial aid, I feel as if those who are within the middle class are really going to suffer this year. I'm going to get by just fine, but I know a lot of people are going to drop out if not incur steep interest loans this year.

But other than that I am pretty amped for my International Law.

CelestialBlade
Jul 25, 2012, 09:18 PM
Man, I don't remember who it was (either my young cousin or my girlfriend's young sister), but I was giving somebody a ride in my old car that had crank windows and they were like, "Oh cool, you have those windows with the roller handle. These are so neat."

It made me feel old.
My first truck didn't have power windows. When I got my new one in 2005 and had power windows and automatic rear window, I felt like I was driving a spaceship. It was amazing.

Lady Nadia
Jul 25, 2012, 11:39 PM
so much awesome "Cloud holding Aeris after shes dead" artwork n fanwork out there but every dam picture i find is bloodless...... ya i know they didnt put blood in ff7 but still.....she just had a masamune shoved all the way thru. idk why this bugs me but its driving me cuckoo..... :quickdraw: even pso smileys are bloodier....... :trout: blooddrenched party members yes please! big pool of blood on the floor yes please!

NoiseHERO
Jul 25, 2012, 11:48 PM
so much awesome "Cloud holding Aeris after shes dead" artwork n fanwork out there but every dam picture i find is bloodless...... ya i know they didnt put blood in ff7 but still.....she just had a masamune shoved all the way thru. idk why this bugs me but its driving me cuckoo..... :quickdraw: even pso smileys are bloodier....... :trout: blooddrenched party members yes please! big pool of blood on the floor yes please!

Dat Final Fantasy episode of DID-YOU-KNOW-GAMING! :O

I swear I was kinda just... "Meh I don't use her anyway" when she died. The N64 polygon graphics and me hating everyone in that game except vincent and Cid probably didn't help though...

Lady Nadia
Jul 25, 2012, 11:54 PM
i wasnt too huge on ff7 either. not 1 of my fav games of the series but still likes me wallpapers n artworks. no blood on this makes me mad. at least when general leo expired the screen at least went red! n that was a snes game! i guess immortals in ff7 dont bleed... but then she shulda vanished like yoda or sumthin lol.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 26, 2012, 01:42 AM
... Until the crank falls off.
...Damn. Well at least those come cheap. Unlike electric motors. >:|

Yeah, I really do prefer them, anyway. My dad's truck has them, and I think they're awesome.My car has them. 91 Honda CRX. Gets good airflow...that goes to the back of the car. :disapprove:

It made me feel old.
It's okay. I like them too.

Alnet
Jul 26, 2012, 03:48 AM
This week-long trip to visit relatives has really been a pain in my neck. Several pains. Like in Indiana Jones where the walls are actually dart traps, only all the darts keep hitting me in the neck.

I barely can sleep (though that's about normal), I'm pretty sure my extended family detests me, the house my parents bought that I've finally gotten to see since I was a baby has pretty much turned into a dump (they rented it out, and it's clear the previous occupants didn't give a fuck), strangers and family alike can't help talking to me in a condescending manner, nobody uses the crosswalks, and someone cut in front of me today across four lanes of traffic to get to the God damned Taco Bell.

And everyone wants to know when I'm getting married/having kids. That's what gets to me the most. "Falling in love" was probably the single stupidest thing I've ever done before in retrospect, and nobody seems to respect my decision that I'm currently not looking for a spouse. YOU ARE KILLING ME, PEOPLE.

CelestialBlade
Jul 26, 2012, 04:34 AM
Dat Final Fantasy episode of DID-YOU-KNOW-GAMING! :O

I swear I was kinda just... "Meh I don't use her anyway" when she died. The N64 polygon graphics and me hating everyone in that game except vincent and Cid probably didn't help though...
FF7 had me absolutely roped when I first picked it up....and then you leave Midgar. Seriously. WHY DID THEY HAVE TO LEAVE MIDGAR, that place is freaking amazing and the rest of the game is horribly mundane outside of it. Why did I have to go from awesome bombing runs and motorcycle chases and infiltrations to OH GOD LOOK A TOWN HUUUUURRRRGGGHHH I'M SEFFIROF. Also Seffirof sucks.

Still the best Cid ever though. Him, Barret, and Tifa are basically the only characters to me.

Polly
Jul 26, 2012, 07:19 AM
Trying to think of a way to mount an electric drill to my drum kit as a percussive aid/rough melody-based instrument. The motor has a really good whine that can actually be played along with songs to create a pretty decent melodic range. Can't really think of a way to make it part of the kit. I don't wanna hold it separately, but rather just reach up and play with the trigger when I need to. Maybe need a new stand of some sort.

MAKIN' ME MAD!

CelestialBlade
Jul 26, 2012, 08:19 AM
Trying to think of a way to mount an electric drill to my drum kit as a percussive aid/rough melody-based instrument. The motor has a really good whine that can actually be played along with songs to create a pretty decent melodic range. Can't really think of a way to make it part of the kit. I don't wanna hold it separately, but rather just reach up and play with the trigger when I need to. Maybe need a new stand of some sort.

MAKIN' ME MAD!
Got any pulleys? You could tie something rigid around the drill trigger and run a line to a foot pedal. It would be a slightly delayed response but itd work, and the pulleys would allow you to mount the drill anywhere.

Polly
Jul 26, 2012, 08:25 AM
Got any pulleys? You could tie something rigid around the drill trigger and run a line to a foot pedal. It would be a slightly delayed response but itd work, and the pulleys would allow you to mount the drill anywhere.

I do believe you are onto something. Using a pedal would take a bit more finesse and getting used to with timing and adjusting the pitch, but this could work.

CelestialBlade
Jul 26, 2012, 08:30 AM
I do believe you are onto something. Using a pedal would take a bit more finesse and getting used to with timing and adjusting the pitch, but this could work.
I say foot pedal because it would be very difficult to apply the necessary pressure to pull the trigger via any striking method short of actually routing the drill through a breadboard and a force transducer, plus the foot pedal lets you hold it for as long as you want. May want to try some kind of rope as your tension string, I'd say use fishing line but it stretches and you'd lose a lot of the tension you'd need. Hope it works!

*adjust engineer glasses*

Ghost Inside
Jul 26, 2012, 08:30 AM
Drill... Music?
I think you just broke something in my mind. ._.

Polly
Jul 26, 2012, 08:35 AM
I say foot pedal because it would be very difficult to apply the necessary pressure to pull the trigger via any striking method short of actually routing the drill through a breadboard and a force transducer, plus the foot pedal lets you hold it for as long as you want. May want to try some kind of rope as your tension string, I'd say use fishing line but it stretches and you'd lose a lot of the tension you'd need. Hope it works!

*adjust engineer glasses*

I'll start playing around with the idea here in a week or two and let you know how it goes. Gonna have a look around at a lot of different types for my tension string. Really appreciate the suggestion. Definitely feel like I'm on the right path now.

Drill... Music?
I think you just broke something in my mind. ._.

Come on, you know I'm far from conventional. ;D This drill has a GREAT whine to the motor that I really wanna incorporate due to it being really musical, yet mechanical. xD

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2012, 08:46 AM
Having one of those days where life's just got you down for no apparent reason.

Also, this phlegm won't go away.

Polly
Jul 26, 2012, 10:40 AM
"I got this $400 microphone (http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SM7B-Dynamic-Microphone-Cardioid/dp/B0002E4Z8M/ref=sr_1_20?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1343317696&sr=1-20&keywords=cardioid+microphone) I'm going to treat like a toy!"

Is that right? WELL I AM GOING TO FUCKING FIRE YOU!

CelestialBlade
Jul 26, 2012, 11:00 AM
Oh my god, why is honey mustard so flippin nasty? And why was it on like every sammich that got brought in?

*picky brat complaining about free lunch at work*

Randomness
Jul 26, 2012, 03:09 PM
Oh my god, why is honey mustard so flippin nasty? And why was it on like every sammich that got brought in?

Condiments should always be on the side. I run into the same problem with mayo.

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2012, 03:34 PM
Condiments should always be on the side. I run into the same problem with mayo.

Yes. I despise mayonnaise, and always have to ask, with just about anything I order from anywhere if it comes with mayo, since people seem to like that horrible, gelatinous goo on everything. Hold that shit, please.

EvilMag
Jul 26, 2012, 05:06 PM

Reminds me of whenever I eat Taco Bell. I always say I want no sour cream in my Burrito and what do you know, they put it in. >_> It looks so nasty when its mixed with the meat and cheese and stuff.

amtalx
Jul 26, 2012, 06:59 PM
Fuckin' birds. Shittin' on my car.

NoiseHERO
Jul 26, 2012, 07:27 PM
Nobody listens to or watches things you actually suggest! Nobody gives a shit about your taste in music or favorite TV shows or anything else! You gotta trick them into paying attention to it in order to actually fairly judge it!

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2012, 08:52 PM
Been getting those paranoia jitters I'm (in)famous for. I can't shake the feeling that the people I consider 'friends' secretly dislike my company, whether of their own volition, or because others, who also dislike me, have gotten their ear and planted seeds of disdain. I hate this feeling, like I can't really trust anyone. Hopefully it passes soon.

Tyreek
Jul 26, 2012, 09:25 PM
Internet is worse than usual. Not even the tcp fix(which I had activated for months, otherwise the network will act fidgety and d/c a lot) isn't fixing it. Router resets only make it slightly better, but it doesn't fix the problem. Why do I put up with this pos internet? Oh right, there's no other isp available.

I really hate the boonies.

Polly
Jul 27, 2012, 11:13 AM
Nobody listens to or watches things you actually suggest! Nobody gives a shit about your taste in music or favorite TV shows or anything else! You gotta trick them into paying attention to it in order to actually fairly judge it!

Yep, this has been my experience with pretty much everything. It's why I usually avoid even suggesting things to people anymore, because I know they'll probably never get around to it based on their own pre-conceptions.

Kinda reminds me a bit of the "What are you listening to/watching" threads in Off-Topic. There's rarely ever any back and forth discussion about what anyone's posting, it's just I'MMA POST MY THING WHATEVER DAWG!

Ghost Inside
Jul 27, 2012, 11:18 AM
Kinda reminds me a bit of the "What are you listening to/watching" threads in Off-Topic. There's rarely ever any back and forth discussion about what anyone's posting, it's just I'MMA POST MY THING WHATEVER DAWG!

Yeah... That what I'm thinking too. ._.
I don't check everything what everyone posts all the time but at other times I'll go back and listen a little through several pages in one go.
The silence can be pretty awkward though. :(

Polly
Jul 27, 2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah... That what I'm thinking too. ._.
I don't check everything what everyone posts all the time but at other times I'll go back and listen a little through several pages in one go.
The silence can be pretty awkward though. :(

Yeah. It's a forum, ya know? You wanna discuss things with people, even if you don't fully understand it, you can gather understanding, enthusiasm, and the like from going back and forth.

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2012, 11:25 AM

I'm just really narrow-minded when it comes to music and that kind of thing, probably due in part to always being made fun of for the things I liked as a child (such as music, TV shows, etc.). Also, I'm not really knowledgeable about music (or anything at all, really), so I feel like trying to talk to people about that kind of stuff would just be a waste of their time.

Polly
Jul 27, 2012, 11:37 AM
I'm just really narrow-minded when it comes to music and that kind of thing, probably due in part to always being made fun of for the things I liked as a child (such as music, TV shows, etc.). Also, I'm not really knowledgeable about music (or anything at all, really), so I feel like trying to talk to people about that kind of stuff would just be a waste of their time.

That's why discussion is important though. Just because say I listen to one type of music you don't like and you listen to a kind of music I don't like doesn't mean there's not discussion to be had there. Both sides could actually gain an appreciation and understanding and MAYBE even find something to like about one another's taste.

Music is something I'm absolutely passionate about and my tastes are all over the place (though I do tend more toward the rock style.). More discussion in those topics would be exciting for me because I love hearing people talk about what they like. I always try to preface my posts in topics like that with a tidbit to try and spark conversation or give an understanding of why I like it.

And if someone's got something to say about you or what you listen to, eh eff them. Life's about enjoying things. I don't have an ounce of shame in anything I enjoy and ain't care none if someone doesn't like it. I'll talk about it, post it, and be a general nuisance to them because it's POLLY'S POST! ;D

BIG OLAF
Jul 27, 2012, 11:39 AM
I'll discuss things I like, but not on a public forum. I'm more of a one-on-one (or very small group) kind of guy when it comes to that stuff, even though I'll still feel awkward even then....but not nearly as bad.

Oh, and more on-topic: It's so goddamn hot, and the AC isn't even cooling my room down today.

Outrider
Jul 27, 2012, 12:33 PM
I got a parking ticket. That's not what I'm complaining about, though. It was my own fault, so whatever.

The thing that ticked me off was when I was reading the back of the mail-in envelope, and I see that they finally implemented a system through which I can pay for tickets online. Awesome, the police department is moving into the future present and making things easier for everybody.

Wait, what's this asterisk here? There is a $3 surcharge for online payments!?

Guys. Guys. I am saving you money by using your online system. This system means less paperwork, faster turnover, and hopefully less manpower. Why should I have to pay to use something that is beneficial to the both of us!?

It just feels like whenever some slow-moving institution finally implements modern technology they have no idea what they're doing.

amtalx
Jul 27, 2012, 01:37 PM
They don't actually process those payments electronically. When you click submit, it just sends the normal paper form to a printer in the basement and they mail it to themselves.

Outrider
Jul 28, 2012, 02:27 AM
Honestly, the more I thought about it the more I worried they were actually printing out the electronic form and filing it normally.

Peejay
Jul 28, 2012, 10:19 AM
I must be retarded. virl A and I are fighting again after I got blown off so she cqn do something I wanted to do too on her own. I need a way to mame her realize that is pretty bad to not even consider me if I just mentioned it.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jul 28, 2012, 05:02 PM
After viewing the sadly derailed thread about female PSO2 players, I feel the need to share this public service announcement:

"Not all, just most" will not change anyone's mind. As frustrating as that may be to some (like [CENSORED],) it Just. Doesn't. Work. Just assume that most and all are synonymous on the internet. It'll make arguments much less circular.

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2012, 12:37 AM
Sometimes I wonder if it's just a coincidence that every single person in all the years of my life, through any medium, that's ever been painfully cruel, judgmental, intolerant, and spiteful to me all have the same thing in common. Anyone who's ever betrayed me, abandoned me, hated me, unfairly judged me, or hurt me have all been female.

Why. I don't understand.

Also, even though I'm using a doctor-recommended, super-fine bristle toothbrush, my gums were still pouring blood like waterfalls when I brushed them for more than a minute. Fucking thin gums.

Scrub
Jul 29, 2012, 01:45 AM
last couple o posts prove that the world would be better off if there was no female population, not being hateful ladies i promise, just saying, whos with me???????

amtalx
Jul 29, 2012, 03:16 AM
Not really. We (men) are just as prone to being aggressive assholes as women are being emotionally feeble.

.Rusty.
Jul 29, 2012, 04:59 AM
last couple o posts prove that the world would be better off if there was no female population, not being hateful ladies i promise, just saying, whos with me???????

Would be easier to kill all the creepy nerds :ak:

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2012, 06:12 PM

Erm, that may just a bit over-the-top. I just have to vent sometimes since I have paranoia attacks due to my younger years being riddled with emotional (and sometimes physical) torment at the hands of females. I mean, I try to talk to women over the interwebs (since I can't do it physically without risking a sort of 'shell-shock' effect possibly befalling me; it's happened before) as much as I can to help work past my scarring, but sometimes I relapse and get thrown into a depression-rage.

Not that most people understand. They just say "oh, you're a disgusting misogynist, then." and move on.

In other news.

- My toilet randomly backed up, and we apparently don't own a plunger. What the hell.
- My mom made these awesome sugar and chocolate-coated strawberries, but took them all over to her friends' house for their little dinner-party.
- No matter how much water I drink, my mouth remains dry. Such an uncomfortable feeling.

Polly
Jul 29, 2012, 06:57 PM
I only like girls when they don't have opinions and standards and stuff. ;D

Sidney
Jul 29, 2012, 07:12 PM
You don't understand, Olaf? Let me make it clear for you why a certain half of the population has a problem with you: you're a misogynist who, despite his utterly privileged status in society as a white, heterosexual cismale, constantly bemoans his place in society and sees himself as a victim in every single imaginable situation. You're infuriating for anyone who is a marginalized person to be around, and I think the only people who could possible tolerate being around you are other white, heterosexual cismales. When you - as one of the most privileged members of society - are constantly bemoaning how difficult his life is because he is a white, heterosexual cismale, it is alienating to everyone else on the entire planet who actually has genuine struggles due to their race and gender.

A lot of women in this community absolutely do not like you. We've said some harsh, mean words to you? Could it be because you spent time on block 20 one day ranting about "how unnattractive dark skinned women were"? Could it be because you tend to derail conversations about sexism with all the classic entitlement derails (http://www.derailingfordummies.com/entitlement.html), turning the focus from the subject at hand - discrimination of women - to you and your feelings? Showing that you feel that discussing your feelings bear priority over the discussion of sexism at hand? Could it be because you deny the existence of male privilege and the patriarchy, and you dismiss the experiences of women who say they have personally experienced such discrimination? Could it be that you post sexually provocative, objectifying pictures of your character all over the forums that degrade women? Could it be because you blame all the heartache and pain you've experienced in life on women instead of taking personal responsibility for your own failures?

Pretty sure that women have pretty valid reasons to dislike you and find you to be generally displeasing. And despite all of this, you still think you're the victim, despite the constant assault of microaggressions you make on women every single day.

So seriously, let's get real: if women tend to generally despise you, it's time to think that something is wrong with YOU, not an entire gender.

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2012, 07:40 PM
You don't understand, Olaf? Let me make it clear for you why a certain half of the population has a problem with you: you're a misogynist who, despite his utterly privileged status in society as a white, heterosexual cismale, constantly bemoans his place in society and sees himself as a victim in every single imaginable situation.

Oh, a complete half of the population? Not quite. That's a little high.

You're infuriating for anyone who is a marginalized person to be around, and I think the only people who could possible tolerate being around you are other white, heterosexual cismales.

No, I have plenty of friends of other races, not to mention quite a few homo/bi/transsexual friends, as well.

A lot of women in this community absolutely do not like you.

No shit.

We've said some harsh, mean words to you? Could it be because you spent time on block 20 one day ranting about "how unnattractive dark skinned women were"?

When was this? I never did that.

Could it be because you tend to derail conversations about sexism with all the classic entitlement derails (http://www.derailingfordummies.com/entitlement.html), turning the focus from the subject at hand - discrimination of women - to you and your feelings? Showing that you feel that discussing your feelings bear priority over the discussion of sexism at hand?

Don't think I've ever done any of this, either. But hey, not like I memorize all my posts. Either way, the 'derailment' is that of an already 'derailed' topic usually. Instead of bringing up your righteous crusades in someone else's topic, make your own. Courtesy.

Could it be that you post sexually provocative, objectifying pictures of your character all over the forums that degrade women?

Only if they let it. It's a video game; I'm not being serious. If you think I do that shit for the express purpose of making women feel terrible, you've should learn to not be so serious business all the time. I'm far from the objectifying degenerate a lot of people think I am. If you would have spent more than a few days 'being my friend', you would have known that. But nope, just fucking drop me like a sack of shit for not agreeing with you on something. What a nice 'friend'!

Could it be because you blame all the heartache and pain you've experienced in life on women instead of taking personal responsibility for your own failures?

All my heartache and pain on women? When did I say that?

Pretty sure that women have pretty valid reasons to dislike you and find you to be generally displeasing. And despite all of this, you still think you're the victim, despite the constant assault of microaggressions you make on women every single day.

Someone can find a "valid" reason (subjective) to dislike anyone. So, that's a moot point. Also, I don't see any aggression anywhere, besides a small rant here and there.

So seriously, let's get real: if women tend to generally despise you, it's time to think that something is wrong with YOU, not an entire gender.

Not like anyone would give me a 'chance', even if I was "in the wrong." There's nothing wrong with how I act, besides probably complaining a bit too much. But, I do it here because I don't have anywhere else to do it. Anything else is just completely up to interpretation, and since you hate the fuck out of me, obviously you're going to think I'm a scumbag, and I'm sure you've been teaching all your friends (some of which are my 'friends'...or, more appropriately, "were" my friends, most likely) to think the same. Thanks!

Anyway, I'm not gonna debate anything else with you. I won't be able to get through to you, or vice-versa. You can keep hating me forever more (I know you will!), even though I think your reasons for doing so are absolutely ludicrous.

Sayara
Jul 29, 2012, 07:50 PM
Well speaking of derailments....

But seriously though. Lets not get direct attacking at one another like this. In a public forum like these are, different opinions will fly. People beliving X, and against Y or vice versa. Thats going to happen.

You can get mad, furious at every (i guess for examples case) picture of grotesquely sexified images or really pigheaded responses and such but at the end of the day it doesn't directly happen to you. You have the ability to simply ignore any X user's post. Not even waste the effort trying to stop such and such for stopping doing something because its mysgonistic, sexist or whatever the case may be. If they don't beleive they're at fault it won't make any difference trying to get them to change (especially considering the anonymous-ness of a forum setting)

Long story short, tl';dr: Don't bite at each others necks trying like this and ignore posts that bother you. If its offending enough to you direct it to a staff member, we'll get it worked out.

Halcyote
Jul 29, 2012, 07:52 PM
I only like girls when they don't have opinions and standards and stuff. ;D
this is pretty much what it comes down to, yes.

Only if they let it.
oh for fuck's sake.

so if a bunch people have a problem with something you've done, it's their fault they got offended? and speaking of derailment, that quote is exactly what derailing is. you do it so often that i can see how hard it is for you to recognize it.

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2012, 07:56 PM
oh for fuck's sake.

so if a bunch people have a problem with something you've done, it's their fault they got offended? and speaking of derailment, that quote is exactly what derailing is. you do it so often that i can see how hard it is for you to recognize it.

"A bunch of people"? You mean, two or three people? Most people don't have a problem with 'what I do', because they know it's not fucking serious. It's. a. video. game. I don't look at every woman I see out in public and go "Haw haw! Yeah!" and eye-rape them. For shit's sake. I don't do that, I do have respect for women, and others in general (I know, so shocking!!), Also, What I said wasn't a derailment, it was an answer.

I don't know who you even are, but you seem to have a real issue with me. Instead of trying to blindside me, why don't you just send me PMs, since Sayara kinda just said that this should all go elsewhere?

EDIT: Or! Put me on 'ignore' and leave me the hell alone. Either works.

Sidney
Jul 29, 2012, 08:14 PM
Intent is not magic ( http://genderbitch.wordpress.com/2010/01/23/intent-its-fucking-magic/); it does not matter if you don't intend it to be objectifying or disrespectful - if you say a racial slur (hypothetical), or post objectifying pictures, it doesn't matter what your intent is - it still is wrong. (Look at the Gwenyth Paltrow "nuh"/n-word scandal for a recent example of this.) Also, I am pretty sure a friend not seeing you as a human being worthy of all the rights and privileges men receive is a very valid, legitimate reason to stop being friends with someone. That is more than a fundamental difference of opinion; to you, whether sexism exists can just be an intellectual difference, but to me, sexism affects my day-to-day life.

Also, microaggressions (http://feministing.com/2011/01/21/awesome-blog-alert-microaggressions/). They are small actions of sexism/racism/etc., but can slowly chip away at your patience and sanity until you break. As you can tell from recent posts, a lot of us are at that point from these microaggressions, from numerous posters. I'd have to put 3/4 of this forum on ignore to escape it; it's pervasive and vile. I have made my points, and I am done for now. I feel the need to call out such examples because I hope people will start to think twice about what they say if they know their words will be met with criticism and backlash.

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2012, 08:47 PM
Also, I am pretty sure a friend not seeing you as a human being worthy of all the rights and privileges men receive is a very valid, legitimate reason to stop being friends with someone.

Once again, I never said any of this. Stop exaggerating shit to make it seem like you did the "righteous" thing. I just said I wasn't interested in the same ideologies as you, and then you take that and rationalize it into "well I guess you're a piece or garbage and you're now my enemy forever, okay?."

You didn't even say anything to me about it. No adult discussion ex post facto. Just, all of the sudden, boom! Completely removed from everything, without even a "fuck you" on my profile page/inbox/whatever.

So, try and twist it any way you want it, and exaggerate the things I said and did. Try and talk yourself up for all your girlfriends, about how you 'sure showed me.' Put me down, degrade me, dehumanize me and turn me into a villain for no good reason.

But, you're no better for it, miss.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 29, 2012, 08:47 PM
Take it to PM's, suckas. Forum 101. Stop sullying the thread with ya stank asses.

Would be easier to kill all the creepy nerds :ak:
If you do that, it doesn't exclude the females

Bye Bye DeviantART, female "artists!"

yuri, yaoi, sonikkucheem clothes on a hedgehog, pony bologna, furfanfic, 'meinmyplace hipster haus tumblr level T&A,' photo blooms, etc vampire emo poems of unfair despair, etc etc.

xBladeM6x
Jul 29, 2012, 09:15 PM
Damn you Minecraft and your unstable Redstone. Also, this topic for the last 2 pages has been hilarious, thanks for the epic laughter it has supplied to me.

Ranmaru
Jul 29, 2012, 09:15 PM
That's why discussion is important though. Just because say I listen to one type of music you don't like and you listen to a kind of music I don't like doesn't mean there's not discussion to be had there. Both sides could actually gain an appreciation and understanding and MAYBE even find something to like about one another's taste.

Music is something I'm absolutely passionate about and my tastes are all over the place (though I do tend more toward the rock style.). More discussion in those topics would be exciting for me because I love hearing people talk about what they like. I always try to preface my posts in topics like that with a tidbit to try and spark conversation or give an understanding of why I like it.

And if someone's got something to say about you or what you listen to, eh eff them. Life's about enjoying things. I don't have an ounce of shame in anything I enjoy and ain't care none if someone doesn't like it. I'll talk about it, post it, and be a general nuisance to them because it's POLLY'S POST! ;D

It's true I usually just post the song I listen to just to show what exactly I'm listening to, not really to 'suggest' a song. Although when someone suggests a song or artist they are really into, and I check it out, and don't really feel it, I don't really comment or just say it's nice because, I don't want to follow through with it and just hopefully find other songs that I may like.

At the time you posted your song, I may have not been in the mood for rock as I was really liking the beats of the song I was listening to. : D

A lot of women in this community absolutely do not like you. We've said some harsh, mean words to you? Could it be because you spent time on block 20 one day ranting about "how unnattractive dark skinned women were"?

I don't see how this is a reason for someone to dislike him. I prefer light skin females to dark skin females, it's just more of a preference (and opinion) than an insult. :-? [Emphasis on opinion]

Anyways, I also think it depends on which 'females' he speaks about. I say this because he may a different person IRL, than how he portrays himself on the boards. From his posts, he seems shy and would rather avoid confrontation, and instead do things from his comp. A girl wouldn't know enough about him IRL to hate him.

-------

Anyways, Olaf afraid of the paranoia of being hated? People ignoring you a bit more? Who cares? If they ignore you, then they obv won't talk to you in the future because of whoever you are. Yet, you forget that there are those who do. Why care about those who won't like you? That's inevitable. 8-) Keep in touch with the ones who do.

You'll create enemies in life, no matter how hard you try to keep em all as friends. Don't let that hold yourself back from being yourself.

Course, you also have to be real talk with yourself. You have to know how you act towards others, instead of just always 'having a weird feeling it may not be you' because that 'feeling' won't do you any good. Obv, it won't really be a matter of "There is something wrong with them for them to dislike me" and instead usually "it's something about me that they don't like". Bet on it. If it's a friend you like, ask em "Do you dislike me?".

OH YEAH.

Btw. Maybe those who betrayed you, only did so because you gave them the chance to. Next time, don't. We also can't understand the situation fully if we don't understand what exactly happened in these relationships.