PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Enforcer MKV
Dec 18, 2012, 08:02 PM
That's the idea. I swear, I'm going to sleep with his fucking keys tied to my neck Thursday night.

Your gung-ho, half retarded "I'll beat the shit out of them" ass is not going to school on Friday until you beat me within an inch of my life!

...Ugh, raging complete.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Dec 18, 2012, 08:27 PM
I really don't believe the world is ending on Friday. it just seems unlikely. I've always hated the fearmongoring it brought. hopefully when 2013 comes people will forget the Mayan's and whats his name ever existed.

Noblewine
Dec 18, 2012, 08:45 PM
Woke up with heart burn this morning and couldn't sleep the so I watched tv. Ultimate Spider man was on and noticed it was a new episode. I find it annoying the stuff I want to watch is on late at night and I see a new episode at 5AM in the morning.

gigawuts
Dec 18, 2012, 10:28 PM
The world is ending on friday the same way it ended last year (and every year before it) on december 31st

iow it's not, and nobody but the history channel and a bunch of loons says otherwise

(edit: but we can dream)

Polly
Dec 18, 2012, 10:49 PM
The world is ending on friday the same way it ended last year (and every year before it) on december 31st

iow it's not, and nobody but the history channel and a bunch of loons says otherwise

(edit: but we can dream)

YOU HUSH YOUR BIBBLE THIS INSTANT! THE $2,000,000 I SPENT ON THIS TSUNAMI AND BOMB SHELTER WILL TOTALLY BE WORTH IT COME FRIDAY! THEN WE'LL SEE WHO HAS THE LAST LAUGH!

CelestialBlade
Dec 18, 2012, 10:56 PM
God dammit, why didn't I sell end-of-the-world insurance? I'd be so rich right now!

Ezodagrom
Dec 18, 2012, 11:09 PM
I really don't believe the world is ending on Friday. it just seems unlikely. I've always hated the fearmongoring it brought. hopefully when 2013 comes people will forget the Mayan's and whats his name ever existed.
The world is going to end friday the same way it ended in all these dates. :>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

The June 2012 is probably my favourite one:

José Luis de Jesús predicted that the world's governments and economies would fail on this day, and that he and his followers would undergo a transformation that would allow them to fly and walk through walls.

darkante
Dec 19, 2012, 12:33 AM
I will treat the supposed doomsday as any other day.
I know no ones that gives rats ass anyway where i live.

If the dam breaks for example, then so be it. At least i had a fun ride.

Xaeris
Dec 19, 2012, 02:19 AM
My fridge sucks. I put in a case of Dr. Pepper in it like four hours ago and it's still kinda warm. I should consider an upgrade, but I'd have to get it in here, get rid of the old one...blah.

Reksanden
Dec 19, 2012, 03:43 AM
Don't even feel live complaining now.... Meh.

BIG OLAF
Dec 19, 2012, 05:15 PM
Whilst returning to the dealership after my last set of deliveries this evening, I saw a man on a motorcycle with a license plate holder that read-

"MY OTHER TOY HAS TITS"

I was so disgusted that I was relatively close to using my giant, full-size van to blast him off his bike and face-first the unforgiving asphalt. Who the fuck would actually buy and show off something like that....there's some real pieces o' shit out there.

Xaeris
Dec 19, 2012, 05:16 PM
Maybe he meant a blow up doll.

Sayara
Dec 19, 2012, 05:19 PM
Im afraid to use the restroom.

Noblewine
Dec 20, 2012, 01:00 AM
I learned today that my old high school and another one had recieved gun threats. I guess the morons believe this is a new fad after the incident in Connecticut that they want to do the same. What a funny conversation everyone had afterwards in my Graphic Design class. I'm really glad I no longer go to that high school anymore. =/

gigawuts
Dec 20, 2012, 01:08 AM
I learned today that my old high school and another one had recieved gun threats. I guess the morons believe this is a new fad after the incident in Connecticut that they want to do the same. What a funny conversation everyone had afterwards in my Graphic Design class. I'm really glad I no longer go to that high school anymore. =/

It happened after Columbine and 9/11 too, all over the country. Indeed, all over globe.

Whoever was doing it were all acting like a bunch of teenagers*.

*this might be important but I'm not 100% sure

Reksanden
Dec 20, 2012, 03:53 AM
Extreme thoughts of planning a story and it's races have given me a headache of colossal proportions...

Mike
Dec 20, 2012, 06:41 PM
About a third of the titles on the Steam winter sale for today are "Not available in your area." :mad:

Noblewine
Dec 20, 2012, 08:44 PM
It happened after Columbine and 9/11 too, all over the country. Indeed, all over globe.

Whoever was doing it were all acting like a bunch of teenagers*.

*this might be important but I'm not 100% sure

Your probably right giga, its kinda sad to be honest.

Randomness
Dec 20, 2012, 10:31 PM
Steam has started their winter sale.

I need to hide to my wallet... from myself.

Outrider
Dec 21, 2012, 12:36 AM
Steam has started their winter sale.

I need to hide to my wallet... from myself.

I'd say that you could do the whole "freeze your credit card in a block of ice to prevent yourself from using it on impulse buys", but if you're anything like me you not only have the number saved to your Steam account but also memorized.

Ketchup345
Dec 22, 2012, 01:09 AM
Loose vs Lose. FFS people, it isn't hard.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 22, 2012, 03:08 PM
Dog has really bad separation anxiety. So bad that girlfriend is in the Garage, and the dog is already crying. So bad that it wont let me sleep. Its both sad, and irritating.

NoiseHERO
Dec 22, 2012, 04:07 PM
Dog has really bad separation anxiety. So bad that girlfriend is in the Garage, and the dog is already crying. So bad that it wont let me sleep. Its both sad, and irritating.

That dog is maaaad rock block.

Sayara
Dec 22, 2012, 05:17 PM
Getting wooped at work. Happy holidays from grocery store workers!
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/250332_10150735394935481_1943288_n.jpg

also:
People who fucking front page drag into a favorites to get people curious to pageview them is lousy and scum.

I really really can’t stand DA sometimes gaddamn.

yoshiblue
Dec 23, 2012, 12:10 AM
Isn't DA already a cesspool and infamous for it's Sonic Recolors and wannabe OCs?

Enforcer MKV
Dec 23, 2012, 02:01 AM
...Ugh. F*ck love.

Just...f*ck it.

Yes, I'm bitter right now. ._.

Reksanden
Dec 23, 2012, 06:51 AM
...Ugh. F*ck love.

Just...f*ck it.

Yes, I'm bitter right now. ._.

Sorry that I couldn't offer much besides listening.

Sayara
Dec 23, 2012, 10:29 AM
Isn't DA already a cesspool and infamous for it's Sonic Recolors and wannabe OCs?

For the most part but there is some gold that comes from DA.

Ghost Inside
Dec 23, 2012, 10:35 AM
So today my mother starts going at me 'You should buy something for your sister!'. I don't do presents. I don't want presents. I've been saying this for years and year and YEARS! I never planned to buy anyone anything - and now, the 23:rd - she's suddenly bugging me to buy my sister something!

No! I'm not buying some crap out of some social just because 'obligation'! I never agreed to any of this! This whole present thing is bull! If I want to buy someone something I'll do it because I want to, when I want to, when I have some actual feeling behind it, not because some tradition aribitraily says 'Buy some crap for this one date - OR ELSE!'. So of course if I don't my mum's going to be all sulky, and if I confront her about it she's going to sulk even more! Come on! I didn't buy anything last year, or the year before that, or the year before that! No disaster as of yet!

*sighs* I hate this time of year. Now I remember why. Definitely not going to accept any presents this time around, enough is enough! I've been telling them so many years now!

Capitalistic shit-holiday...

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2012, 02:20 PM

dA is a cesspool for everything.

Now featuring badly drawn bronies on the first page.

I feel so sick every time I go there, that I don't even upload anything for my own pool of artist acquaintances to see anymore.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 23, 2012, 02:27 PM
So today my mother starts going at me 'You should buy something for your sister!'. I don't do presents. I don't want presents. I've been saying this for years and year and YEARS! I never planned to buy anyone anything - and now, the 23:rd - she's suddenly bugging me to buy my sister something!

No! I'm not buying some crap out of some social just because 'obligation'! I never agreed to any of this! This whole present thing is bull! If I want to buy someone something I'll do it because I want to, when I want to, when I have some actual feeling behind it, not because some tradition aribitraily says 'Buy some crap for this one date - OR ELSE!'. So of course if I don't my mum's going to be all sulky, and if I confront her about it she's going to sulk even more! Come on! I didn't buy anything last year, or the year before that, or the year before that! No disaster as of yet!

*sighs* I hate this time of year. Now I remember why. Definitely not going to accept any presents this time around, enough is enough! I've been telling them so many years now!

Capitalistic shit-holiday...

Yeaaaaah, I'm not into Christmas either. I have a big family which only gets bigger by the year. Gets harder to keep up with every year, especially when I'm on the other side of the planet. S'ok, I hate crowds of people anyways. As for gift giving, I'm with you on that, lol. You shouldn't have to give to someone because you feel obligated to.

Also, this constant switch from hot to cold weather is irritating the fuck out of me. Damn it, pick a happy medium and stick to it. I'm sick of getting colds.

.Rusty.
Dec 23, 2012, 02:46 PM
Eh I ain't religious so christmas is just a reason to spend time with the family. At least I have money to spend on them this year >.>

BIG OLAF
Dec 23, 2012, 06:20 PM
Eh I ain't religious so christmas is just a reason to spend time with the family. At least I have money to spend on them this year >.>

That reminds me, something that really pisses me off is all these bumper stickers and signs I see everywhere:

"Jesus is the Reason for the Season

&

"Keep 'Christ' in Christmas!"

Oh, Jesus Christ is what Christmas is about, huh? That's why Christians stole Christmas (and just about all of their holidays) from Pagan traditions and tweaked them ever-so-slightly to make them their own...and then claim to have 'came up' with them, themselves. Right.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 23, 2012, 08:23 PM
5th or 6th day of feeling like utter shite. Haven't been able to sleep right this past week. Didn't sleep at all last night, and I've only managed to take 2 or 3 30 minute naps before being woken up by family, with a not so gentle "wake the fuck up."

Seriously; IIIII'm not really enjoying this whole "living" thing right now. Ugh...

Sinue_v2
Dec 23, 2012, 09:02 PM
That reminds me, something that really pisses me off is all these bumper stickers and signs I see everywhere:

"Jesus is the Reason for the Season

&

"Keep 'Christ' in Christmas!"

Oh, Jesus Christ is what Christmas is about, huh? That's why Christians stole Christmas (and just about all of their holidays) from Pagan traditions and tweaked them ever-so-slightly to make them their own...and then claim to have 'came up' with them, themselves. Right.

Meh, that doesn't really bother me so much. Symbols and traditions have no inherent meaning, and rely on us to assign them such. If Christians think that Jesus is the reason for the season, then it is... to them at least, because whatever previous cultures or religions they borrowed their symbols and traditions from, at this point they have been so thoroughly digested and incorporated into their beliefs that they are for all intents and purposes Christian. And because this culture is overwhelmingly Christian, then that's also the meaning it has to the culture at large.

In a similar vein, the Swastika is traditionally a symbol of good luck, or as a tantric symbol in evoking sacred forces. But you wouldn't tattoo it on your arm (regardless of it's angle) and walk around the streets in Brooklyn, Hamburg, or Winchester... would you? If you did, you're not going to get a positive reaction from it. (At least not from anyone you'd want a positive reaction from) Its association with Nazism has largely overwritten whatever spiritual or historical meaning it once had in our culture, and now it means something else.

So Christian symbols and traditions taken or inspired by pagan predecessors are no different in that regard. They are Christian symbols because we, as a culture, say they are Christian symbols. They have a much longer and richer history and meaning as well, if you choose to look into it, but it's not necessary to do so.

Though, from my perspective, it seems like most Christians have themselves already forgotten (or minimized) the relation those symbols and traditions have to their religion. It's largely become more of a secular and capitalistic holiday in both function and meaning. So bumper stickers like those you've described seem to me like pathetic attempts to convince themselves that what they're doing for their own enjoyment, and for the sake of partaking in cultural normatives, has some deeper connection to their religious beliefs.

...By the way, it should be noted that for much of America's early history (particularly in the New England colonies), Christmas was rarely celebrated and was particularly looked down upon by the Puritans as paganistic revelry. They even went so far as to ban it's celebration (at least, any form beyond fasting and pious worship) in Boston. Christmas celebrations were also banned in England for a time during the 17th century under the puritanical ruler Oliver Cromwell and a parliament suspicious of the day's Catholic roots and influence subverting their faith.

BIG OLAF
Dec 24, 2012, 12:12 AM
Oh, what's the matter, can't handle an irregular heartbeat/palpitations for half a game (http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports/pro/football&id=8930059)? Try living with them 24/7. I can't even sleep right now; my chest is so goddamn tight.

and now I'm worrying myself. If something happens, my mom isn't here. No one is here. That would be it; game over. I guess I just need to listen to some nice music and mellow out.

Noblewine
Dec 24, 2012, 08:37 AM
I ate chinese food the other night and I don't think its agreeing with my stomach atm. Spending time with my family has been fun but my aunt has been driving me nuts with her paranoia when one of her cats is missing. Luckily, I found it this morning sleeping in the kitchen.

Mike
Dec 24, 2012, 08:30 PM
Shift from XP to 7 or 8 ( please don't be 8 ) coming up at work soon and the current computer I use doesn't meet the requirements. That means I need to all the important stuff and materials I've got on it off and I just know I'm going to forget something.

NoiseHERO
Dec 25, 2012, 01:01 AM
Too poor to get anyone gifts, and at the same time xmas isn't as awesome when you were a kid. D:

Tyreek
Dec 26, 2012, 03:04 AM
So... I thought the saying goes: "It's better to give than to receive".

I thought it was going to be a good Christmas. Honestly so. I had one more gift in mind for someone. I bought them a game as a gift on Steam. As a sign of our friendship, I thought it'd be nice to have him try the game I spoke so much about. So I did the deed, and send the gift off to his account.

So no more than a couple of hours after some sleep, I see he's been online, but not at the moment. I check it out to see if he got it. Gifts has 0 pending. So I assume he did. Not a word or letter uttered. Ok. Maybe when he gets on, I'll see.

So after I'm out at a family Xmas party, I see him online. So I wish him a Merry Christmas. Not even a reply back. Suddenly, he's offline... WTF? WTF dude?!

So, not even a thank you? Not even an acknowledgement? Not even a fucking hello?! Am I perceiving this wrong, or did you just plainly give me the perception of: "fuck you"? Please tell me I'm looking at this wrong...? I thought we were friends. I thought we were close. Fuck, I thought you'd at least have the courtesy to talk to me! I mean, come on, you were clearly online, and it doesn't take too long to know somebody sent you something. You get notifications!

The end of my Christmas ended shitty, and I pretty much slept if off. It was quite an irony to ruin my night. And I'd feel a lot less crappy if I didn't spend fucking money to share an experience with somebody, who I thought would be enough of a friend to appreciate the gesture... Please tell me I'm seeing this wrong? Please tell me something came up and he didn't notice? Am I overreacting? Really? Want another piece of irony? I have a habit of foreseeing outcomes like this in my head. Amusingly, it happened. I just wasn't ready to believe he'd be one to do it. I hope for god forgiving outcome, that this was clearly a mistake, or I'm about to assume you're going to be another person I couldn't give two shits about soon, if this is not rectified. 3 years going on 4. That's pretty fucked up to do that to me after so long.

I thought it was better to give than to receive. Funny, I don't feel better giving. Not at all.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 26, 2012, 02:26 PM
That sucks, hope they're just busy and wound up right now.

----

In other news, Ex commented on one of my statuses yesterday and the wording can be taken as light-hearted or hinting at the possibility that's she still interested in me, despite the fact that she "Made it clear" that she's not interested in me romantically anymore.

So she starts texting me today. Fucking aye, I've been trying to get over a love that's impossible for over a week now, and you choose NOW of all times to come back into my life and drive my heart crazier than it already is!?

The freezing rain better keep folks indoors tonight so they don't come out to our store, otherwise I'm liable to snap at somebody. This better not cost me a re-hire! ><#

So tired of not sleeping. BAH!

(...rant over. Dammit, I wanted to deal with this without having to start venting. FML.)

Noblewine
Dec 27, 2012, 12:01 PM
Last night the whole family went out to eat dinner. We ate greasy food nd now my stomach is upset and I am experiencing heartburn atm. =_=

.Rusty.
Dec 27, 2012, 02:44 PM
Sometime in the last year I became lactose intolerant.

._.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 27, 2012, 08:19 PM
In other news, Ex commented on one of my statuses yesterday and the wording can be taken as light-hearted or hinting at the possibility that's she still interested in me, despite the fact that she "Made it clear" that she's not interested in me romantically anymore.

So she starts texting me today. Fucking aye, I've been trying to get over a love that's impossible for over a week now, and you choose NOW of all times to come back into my life and drive my heart crazier than it already is!?

I know the feel. I started talking to my ex after four months of no contact, and it still hurts now as much as it did when we first broke up. It's funny how you try to convince yourself that you're all good, nothin' wrong, then BOOM FUCK YOU YOU STILL FEEL LIKE SHIT. I'd love to be back with her, I want to be back with her, but the hardest part is knowing it's not gonna happen. :disapprove:

BIG OLAF
Dec 27, 2012, 11:01 PM
That's why I'll stay away from this 'love' thing as long as I live. So much trouble and aggravation that comes with the territory; definitely not worth it one iota.

Now for gross-time: got another cyst on the back of my left leg. This makes the 3rd one in under a year, and the 2nd in the course of a couple months. Really hurts getting up and down out of the big delivery van with the thing. At least it already kinda popped, though waking up this morning and wiping up the waterfalls (not exaggerating) of blood and other assorted fluids running down my leg kind of sucked. By the time this 3rd one is done, the back of my leg is going to be nothing but goddamn scar-tissue.

Heskett
Dec 28, 2012, 01:26 AM
That's why I'll stay away from this 'love' thing as long as I live. So much trouble and aggravation that comes with the territory; definitely not worth it one iota.

Now for gross-time: got another cyst on the back of my left leg. This makes the 3rd one in under a year, and the 2nd in the course of a couple months. Really hurts getting up and down out of the big delivery van with the thing. At least it already kinda popped, though waking up this morning and wiping up the waterfalls (not exaggerating) of blood and other assorted fluids running down my leg kind of sucked. By the time this 3rd one is done, the back of my leg is going to be nothing but goddamn scar-tissue.
BLUH!

.Rusty.
Dec 28, 2012, 02:25 PM
Even if you don't seek out relationship's you can't escape the drama :l
Always a chance of someone you ain't interested in becoming interested in you and speaking from experience that shit ain't fun. You pretty much get forced into being a asshole just to get rid of the fucker >.>

BIG OLAF
Dec 28, 2012, 04:50 PM
BLUH!

Yes, isn't it wonderful?

Even if you don't seek out relationship's you can't escape the drama :l
Always a chance of someone you ain't interested in becoming interested in you and speaking from experience that shit ain't fun. You pretty much get forced into being a asshole just to get rid of the fucker >.>

Hm, sounds like it's a bit probable, since the list of "people I'm not interested in" will always be 'everyone'. But, I don't expose myself to other people in my day-to-day life nearly enough to warrant anyone being 'interested' (which is intentional), either way.

Oh, had a sinus pressure headache all day today. That, on top of my leg 'issue', made my day pretty miserable.

Reksanden
Dec 29, 2012, 04:35 AM
I wouldn't tell anyone to avoid love COMPLETELY, seeing what i've found in Zeal. However, relationships like the one I have with him are indeed rare, when we feel so closely bound.

But that doesn't mean avoid it.

Not to insult you, Olaf, but I can't really see you being with anyone, anyway.

Sayara
Dec 29, 2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah, im for the boat of dont go lookin for it, it'll hit you like a migrane headache. But that isn't a bad thing exactly. I've made my point before bout it being human nature to want the interaction, touch and lust and shit in the past but i still hold true to this notion.

Speaking of legs! Mine has become a bitter old man and wants to hurt every goddamn day for no good reason!

Noblewine
Dec 29, 2012, 07:29 PM
The mountaineers lost in a bowl game, but wait its gets better. Its impossible to do my homework for extra credit in my graphic design class while watching the game when my dad is screaming his fucking head off. He does this everytime.

Mysterious-G
Dec 29, 2012, 09:35 PM
My college town is known as a resort for weird people that never made it, but do I really have to get to sit with a person that talks to him- or herself aloud almost every time I book a train from there?

Today's rather chubby one finished his package of M&Ms within half a minute and went on to intensively stare at me eating my cheese pretzel (I am German, so I am talking proper pretzels :p), munching from the sole thought of eating it in my stead. Talk about being comfortable. Oh yeah, he also sang a bit, but I am used to that by now.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 30, 2012, 05:52 PM
Went to work, name has been taken off the timesheet. So much for that rehire.

Then I get home and find out my dad took our dog out back to put her down because she's been getting worse...

...fuck.

DreXxiN
Dec 30, 2012, 09:24 PM
Went to work, name has been taken off the timesheet. So much for that rehire.

Then I get home and find out my dad took our dog out back to put her down because she's been getting worse...

...fuck.

That sounds like a shitty day, man. Best of luck to you.

Tyreek
Dec 30, 2012, 10:52 PM
So my past issue with "giving" has been rectified. Thankfully. But the issue of this topic stems into something a bit different now, and something I have always learned about myself.

In the past I have always tried looking at the good in people. Now I'm afraid that has been perverted into the opposite. Experience has taught me, and hell, its common sense in the real world, that people are assholes. What I'm about to bring up is an example.

So the manager I was cool with at my job, was fired about 2 months ago after an argument with the gm. I came across him weeks later at McDonalds during my break, and we caught up a bit. He let me add him to facebook after a while. But here's where the bullshit starts. I make a little joke comment on his page about him opening up(his privacy settings couldn't allow you to do anything on his page until he fixed it), and next I know, my comment is deleted. Okay, I let that slide.

So I IM him after a while. Was ok so far, but the conversation eventually hanged. No go there. And then the latest, and probably the last thing I'll have interacted with him about. He got a new phone number after being with a deactivated phone for a while, and he was basically telling people to: "hit me up!". We used to text a little, so I figured I'd leave a message, and ask if he still wants to text and everything. No reply.

Now there's a difference between this incident and my past one, my friend actually gave me an acceptable explanation. This guy... He flats out ignores me. Let me see here... You blast on facebook that you're bored, more than once, you want people to have your number, you want them to inbox you and everything, but you don't wan to talk to me hm? You don't have much excuse when you're making such comments left and right, and then ignoring me like that. So a day or two without reply, I leave one last message with a tint of sarcasm, and disappointment. Could have stayed silent about it, but who cares?

I thought we were cool. Guess not. It'll be interesting to see what happens if I ever see him in public again. I may not be smiling.

I reiterate; people are assholes. I tend to see the bad in people now. I brace for it. Why? Because my suspicions usually are confirmed. I deal with enough ass behavior online. Just didn't think it be from somebody I talked to. Later for you.

BIG OLAF
Dec 31, 2012, 12:00 AM
Not to insult you, Olaf, but I can't really see you being with anyone, anyway.

No offense taken. That's my goal, after all. Even if I didn't want to be alone, I don't think anyone could tolerate me being 'me' for very long. It's not really my destiny, either way.

Anyway, collection agency took my whole $276 medical bill from my heart procedures this past Summer out of my bank account all at once, even though I specifically stated to split it in half and make two payments out of it. I'll be fine until next pay, but goddamn. Not something you're expecting when you log into your account manager.

EDIT: Also, when people don't respond to a nice little courtesy like "Happy Birthday", "Merry Christmas", and so forth. Does it really take so long to shoot a quick "thank you", even if you don't particularly like the person? Come on, they're being nice, so why not return the gesture?

Tyreek
Dec 31, 2012, 12:26 AM
This is why I don't give out my financial information to collection agencies. They will do that stuff. Glad I heeded my mother's experience when she told me how to deal with my loans. I gave them my credit card information long ago, when I didn't have a job, so I could do a forbearance. Didn't work out. I thought they wouldn't keep that information. Big mistake. They can't take money out of it anyway, since it was maxed out, so its useless for them. I'm still keeping my eye on it, in the event they want to put their hands in the cookie jar, without my permission.

Mysterious-G
Dec 31, 2012, 11:20 AM
So New Years is on, and every scream, cheer, boom and car sound makes me shiver in the thought of something happening to my cat. That's the worst.

@Olaf: I dunno, I have a thing for guys like you. I always assumed it's people like you are one that are the wildest and dirti- well, let's just say I find some sort of erotic appeal in it. I guess it's just a weird fetish of mine, but seeing a personality shift like that really is the best <3

BIG OLAF
Jan 1, 2013, 12:26 AM
My belt on my car snapped when coming home from my friend's house tonight. So, that's more money I dont' fucking have. My mom's car is dead too, since her alternator crapped out. So, I get to spend my day off tomorrow getting a rid somewhere to by a new belt and hopefully be able to fucking put it on my goddamn piece of shit car. If not, I'm screwed. I will have no way to get to work. I just need a new fucking car. Mine is a junky rolling pile of garbage that I should have gotten rid of a long time ago. I just need a loan for another car, but no one is going to give me one. I have no credit, which, in today's world, is just as bad as having 'bad' credit.

God i'm so fucking angry. Why can't one month of my miserable, shitty life go by without something like this happening? My stress level is hitting beyond critical at this point. I'm so pissed off that my heart is fluttering and skipping around like a Mexican jumping-bean. It's hurting very badly. I seriously want to just punch clear through a wall.

People saying 'happy new year' to me is making me even angrier. It's not a 'happy' fucking new year. First day of 2013 is going to be spent hoping I can fix my belt myself, because, if not, that's it. Game over. I don't have the money to get it replaced 'professionally', and then will have no way to get to my job.

Atbar
Jan 1, 2013, 07:29 AM
Having problems with the landlord I live with. It's to the point where I'm actively looking for another place to live because I feel like if I have to continue dealing with her, I'll be in the nut house before the start of February. I just posted this to vent...not really looking for answers.

BIG OLAF
Jan 1, 2013, 02:45 PM
Well, never mind. It was my water pump pulley that shredded the belt, because it shredded the new one, too. The pump itself is wobbly, which makes the pulley wobbly, which shreds the belt when I go too fast in my car. So, my friend let me borrow his car until he has a day off, on Sunday. Then we'll get a water pump and replace that.

I'm less pissed now that I know the issue and have transportation to and from work until then, but I'm still a bit pissed.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 2, 2013, 02:18 AM
Trying to run a mile with a full stomach and then later throwing up in a friend's bathtub isn't really the smartest of things I could have done.

Sayara
Jan 2, 2013, 12:16 PM
I sure do enjoy getting high/drunk from others drinking and smoking at parties!
Im not even sure how that can even happen. Hangover'd from absorbtion drunk.
Wish i did have more mulled wine though.

also not sure how i typo'd so much

blace
Jan 3, 2013, 06:57 AM
Went through an hour and a half long nosebleed. Bloodied tissues everywhere.

And my nose is bleeding again.

Polly
Jan 3, 2013, 07:27 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINTER!

CelestialBlade
Jan 3, 2013, 07:54 AM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINTER!
WINTER FUCKING SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS ;_;

darkante
Jan 3, 2013, 09:14 AM
Good golly, i agree. It´s snow eveeerwhere until like April...(small yey that month for other reasons..). February is the stuff..usually the coldest month.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 3, 2013, 09:47 AM
And once again I opened my mouth when I probably shouldn't have, even if I was trying to get rid of a stigma.

FML, I'm done for a while. Back to job hunting...

Noblewine
Jan 3, 2013, 12:27 PM
Long live winter! =o

I forgot to take my medicine so dealing with my classmates was challenging today.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 3, 2013, 05:57 PM
Duuuude, Wine! PM me broski.

Anyway, fuck me not getting anything done on my first of four days off. I could have picked up an extra 8 hours at work, but felt I could get things accomplished today. Maybe tomorrow will be more productive.

Mike
Jan 3, 2013, 07:04 PM
Went through an hour and a half long nosebleed. Bloodied tissues everywhere.

And my nose is bleeding again.
This used to happen to me a lot in winter. One sneeze and it was a blood waterfall rolling out of my nose. Then I got both sides of my nose cauterized and didn't have nosebleeds for at least 10 years.

New Years vacation over and it's back to work. Ug.

EDIT: Work is cold. If this continues, I may seriously consider wearing long underwear to work.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 4, 2013, 02:16 AM
New Years vacation over and it's back to work. Ug.

I want New Years Vacation.

Thought it would be a good idea to fish the big container of sugar out of the cabinet with one hand, while I hold my cup of hot coffee in the other.

NOPE, STUPID IDEA. Now half of my cup is on the floor. I go to wipe it up, and as I'm standing back up, I hit the corner of the door with the back of my head. My vision went black, and as soon as I opened my eyes, I ended up on the floor, lol. Apparently my dumbass left the damn door open. Good going, me!

I just wanted a cup of coffee, goddamn it.

Jakosifer
Jan 4, 2013, 02:32 PM
with the back of my head.

LOOOOOOOL

RenzokukenZ
Jan 4, 2013, 03:40 PM
Refusing to feel sorry for people who get themselves into bad situations by their own actions, and justifying it by pointing out those actions, is considered a negative thing to do by a majority of people, especially the ignorant or the 'bleeding heart' types. Which is dumb.

Examples include not feeling sorry for a girl whose boyfriend left her because she cheated on him, a man who lost his house because he purposely evaded taxes, or for a more topical approach, the ARMA 3 devs who got arrested in Greece because not one of them thought that perhaps taking photos and video footage of a military base in an unstable country was a bad idea.

DreXxiN
Jan 4, 2013, 08:55 PM
Polydipsia and Fatigue and I don't have healthcare so I'm too hesitant to get it checked out. My family (Dad's side) has a track record of issues that doctors couldn't really pinpoint accurately. (Maybe they suck here.)

It would seem when I eat certain foods, I feel insanely tired and have no focus or anything. On top of that, I seem to require an obnoxious quantity of water to keep myself feeling decent. The worst of it is my job involves lots of traveling. :(

Oh, and acid reflux. Fuck that noise.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 5, 2013, 12:21 AM
One of my friends ended up getting me sick. Once I turned off my computer and laid down yesterday, I started shivering really bad and burning up. After about half na hour of that it stopped but I was still really hot. I've been in a daze for the past couple days. I'm feeling a little better, I can actually walk around, before I felt like I was gonna fall over, had no balance at all.

I don't usually get sick, but when I do, I get sick. Just lucky there hasn't been any vomiting.

BIG OLAF
Jan 5, 2013, 02:06 AM
I caught a small cold a couple of days ago. Managed to kill off most of it before it started with just generic Aleve, which was a miracle. Now I'm in the "snuffy nose n' annoying cough" phase.

Also, I fucked up at work today and left a delivery back at the dealership. It's the first time I've screwed up at all in the ~2 months I've been there, and no one seemed upset about it (they said "we'll just get it to them on Monday"), but I can't shake the feeling of being a failure now. One little mistake, and all my confidence is completely shaken. I was depressed for the rest of the day at work, and a good few hours afterwards, too. Still kind of am.

But, I always sort of feel sad on Friday nights anyway, since I know people who actually have friends and people who like them are out having a good time, while I'm just sitting in my room like a loser. It's tough purposely living the life of a loner sometimes, but I know it'll be worth it in the end.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 5, 2013, 02:33 AM
But, I always sort of feel sad on Friday nights anyway, since I know people who actually have friends and people who like them are out having a good time, while I'm just sitting in my room like a loser. It's tough purposely living the life of a loner sometimes, but I know it'll be worth it in the end.

I spend my Friday nights chillin' alone while watching a 3-hour podcast, if that makes you feel any better. Going out is too mainstream anyway 8-)

Also, game developers. No one likes a creator's pet, no matter how much you think they do. Either make them more likable by altering, or better yet adding, personality and whatnot, or simply let them die.

Randomness
Jan 5, 2013, 10:42 AM
Dry skin. Back itching all over, legs burning.

Worst part of winter for me.

Tyreek
Jan 5, 2013, 11:00 AM
My laptop froze during a transfer of files. Attempted to do a disk check as always, but what happens when I restart? The desktop hangs and then freezes. Can't get anywhere passed it. That incident really did a number on my laptop, since I can't A. Do an actual disk check, and B. Do a system restore. At that point, I firmly believed I was fucked. Until I was able to go into safe mode. Talk about luck. I backed up every freaking thing I thought important, and said later to the rest.

I decided to finally put my installation disk to use since it sat in that case for years unused for this laptop. Wiped that shit clean and started fresh. But wait, things are never straightforward are they? Of course not. I come to find that my network drivers were wiped. What the hell kind of installation disk does not come with network drivers for the damn hardware?! I basically spent the remainder of the night, into the very day trying to investigate and piece together what drivers go to my laptop. Finally narrowed down the correct drivers, but I couldn't bother with the mess from my trial and error, and wiped the shit again.

Oh, but the fun just started. My portable hard drive had a lovely connection error, and its now corrupt on startup. So, I spend another day throwing it into disk check. And thankfully its back in full swing. 3 days total, but it was worth the trouble I guess. If this hit worst-case scenario, my PSU project would have been on definite halt. Lost to the digital abyss.

... Yippie. Time to reinstall my stuff and start fresh.

CupOfCoffee
Jan 5, 2013, 02:59 PM
I made a jokey OKCupid profile after discovering the wonderful niceguysofokc.tumblr and fedorasofokc.tumblr, and one of my fairly attractive RL friends ended up in my "Quiver Matches." We traded "Heh, look at that, we're 95% compatible..." messages, but now every time we hang out it's got that weird is-this-a-date-is-this-not-a-date kind of feeling. Stupid internet.

Edit: Nitro, your new sig is my favorite thing of the past ten years.

Vintasticvin
Jan 5, 2013, 05:04 PM
I caught a small cold a couple of days ago. Managed to kill off most of it before it started with just generic Aleve, which was a miracle. Now I'm in the "snuffy nose n' annoying cough" phase.

Also, I fucked up at work today and left a delivery back at the dealership. It's the first time I've screwed up at all in the ~2 months I've been there, and no one seemed upset about it (they said "we'll just get it to them on Monday"), but I can't shake the feeling of being a failure now. One little mistake, and all my confidence is completely shaken. I was depressed for the rest of the day at work, and a good few hours afterwards, too. Still kind of am.

Oi oi thanks for reminding of that one time where I too screwed up a delivery job. Guy had came in to pick up a repair I wound up giving him the wrong item. I too feel a bit sad on friday nights but in the long run being a loner isnt bad and when others needme to an arbritator for them I can help settle things with a cool head and be distant.

Tyreek
Jan 5, 2013, 07:00 PM
So I come into work, and I overhear one of my coworkers is sick. He has the flu you say? Why the hell did you send him into work with the flu? You understand that's contagious no? You understand that's a safety hazard when we're around FOOD?

This guy I have hardly seen barely covered his mouth, or washed his hands. I don't care if he's out of distance, I don't care if he's washing dishes. His ass should have STAYED HOME.

... Why do I suddenly feel minor headaches and random pains coming?

DreXxiN
Jan 6, 2013, 06:43 AM
Regardless of mentally knowing my potential, I still have doubts and self esteem issues. It's extremely aggravating and interferes with my work and daily life more than it should - Oy D:.

BIG OLAF
Jan 6, 2013, 10:57 AM
Posted something on Facebook speaking about how that idiotic show, 'The Big Bang Theory', is essentially "nerd blackface", that places nerd culture on an ironic pedestal for 'normal' people to laugh at.

My uncle comes along and comments, and more or less proves my point by saying "LOL you sound like one of the characters on the show!!"

We aren’t laughing with Leonard, Sheldon, Raj and Howard. We’re laughing at them. Chuck Lorre has given us four exceptionally intelligent, nerdy main characters and he’s positioned us, as an audience, against them. When I watched the show, it became increasingly obvious that I’m not supposed to relate to "the guys". I’m expected to relate to Penny. You only need to pay attention to the audience laughter to realize that Big Bang relies on positioning us as an outsider to the nerds, as someone like Penny who doesn’t understand their references, their science, nor their vocabulary, and who doesn’t care to learn. If you watch, and I mean really watch an episode of Big Bang and pay attention to when the audience laughs it soon becomes clear that what they’re laughing at. What Chuck Lorre wants us to find funny is not the jokes which the characters are making, it’s the characters themselves. The humor in Big Bang relies on the audience siding with and relating to Penny, the character coded as “normal” in comparison to the four main male characters. It also relies on the audience having a sense of superiority over the 'nerds'. We’re supposed to feel like we’re cooler than them and that we’re better than them. This then prompts us to laugh at the things which make them nerdy, which stop them being cool, which make them lesser.

Whew, okay. Got that out of my system.

CelestialBlade
Jan 6, 2013, 11:43 AM
Regardless of mentally knowing my potential, I still have doubts and self esteem issues. It's extremely aggravating and interferes with my work and daily life more than it should - Oy D:.
You and I both know what you've been through. Don't ever forget what's strengthened you in the past and what you've fought through to get where you are. Look back on that when you need a self-esteem boost.

.Rusty.
Jan 7, 2013, 04:28 PM
Ugh to many christmas snacks gonna be munching on this stuff until late february at least D:

Sayara
Jan 7, 2013, 06:39 PM
I fear how my mind constructs illustrative horror out of gruesome social injustices.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jan 7, 2013, 07:04 PM
Depression hitting me quite hard again and I have a migraine. its starting to get unbearable. :(

Tyreek
Jan 8, 2013, 01:47 AM
Apparently, I find at work, that I'm the subject of a drama bomb. This "bomb" seemed to have affected a friendship of mine (that was on the rocks) without my knowing. And I wasn't made aware until weeks later? WTF is this shit?! Somebody's ass is getting a confrontation.

I'm beginning to actually hate working at this job now. If its not shitty management, and loop-hole hours, its fucking gossip and blabbermouths.

Reksanden
Jan 8, 2013, 06:04 AM
I both hate and love dreams. For me, they're extremely vivid, and I'll forget that i'm even dreaming. However, nightmares also effect me the same way......

I was glad I woke up after. Because that one nightmare depressed me all day.

Sayara
Jan 8, 2013, 02:26 PM
Totally forgot my payment for my website and now godaddys trying to sell me D:<
Paid the man, now waiting for him to re-activate it auuugh

Jakosifer
Jan 8, 2013, 02:31 PM
Hey, parents, stop treating your children like shit out in public. Embarrassing a 9 year old (what he looked like at least) in public about some stupid school kid sports related shit is ridiculous. Nevermind that sports at that age are simply meant to be a fun side deal. Of course, you confront the parent about being a douchebag, they'll just take it out on the kid later. Either way, its one thing that makes me mad is to see a parent killing their child's confidence like that.

Ugh, its bad when I'm actually making a serious rant here.

MrXtreme
Jan 8, 2013, 02:55 PM
Hey, parents, stop treating your children like shit out in public. Embarrassing a 9 year old (what he looked like at least) in public about some stupid school kid sports related shit is ridiculous. Nevermind that sports at that age are simply meant to be a fun side deal. Of course, you confront the parent about being a douchebag, they'll just take it out on the kid later. Either way, its one thing that makes me mad is to see a parent killing their child's confidence like that.

Ugh, its bad when I'm actually making a serious rant here.

it ok, happn best o us! ^^b

Jakosifer
Jan 8, 2013, 02:58 PM
Best waifu. *.*

Noblewine
Jan 9, 2013, 01:14 AM
We started practicing figure drawing and I had to sketch someone today. It was pretty tough because the person I was sketching kept falling asleep on me. =/
I had to keep him awake by talking about video games or cartoons.

blace
Jan 9, 2013, 07:44 AM
Had another nosebleed session. As of me typing this it is currently 5:37am. My nose started bleeding uncontrollably at around midnight.

For a few hours I looked up advice on stopping a nosebleed. Tried out a few, but it kept bleeding to the point where I just stood over the bathroom sink and let it drip. After a few minutes of it, the sink started to look like something out of a horror movie and tried what my brother suggested, a cold shower. Didn't stop the bleeding, and for some reason I felt sweaty. Turned the shower up to hot and 'lo and behold! My nose stopped. Turned out that my throat was really dry.

What's worse is that during this time of year, this state is really dry and cold.

4-5 hour nosebleeds suck ass.

Polly
Jan 9, 2013, 08:58 AM
Third fucking cold in three fucking months.

Fuck winter.

NoiseHERO
Jan 9, 2013, 10:53 AM
Had another nosebleed session. As of me typing this it is currently 5:37am. My nose started bleeding uncontrollably at around midnight.

For a few hours I looked up advice on stopping a nosebleed. Tried out a few, but it kept bleeding to the point where I just stood over the bathroom sink and let it drip. After a few minutes of it, the sink started to look like something out of a horror movie and tried what my brother suggested, a cold shower. Didn't stop the bleeding, and for some reason I felt sweaty. Turned the shower up to hot and 'lo and behold! My nose stopped. Turned out that my throat was really dry.

What's worse is that during this time of year, this state is really dry and cold.

4-5 hour nosebleeds suck ass.

how are you not light headed and dizzy. o_o

Ghost Inside
Jan 9, 2013, 11:25 AM
I wonder that too. I'm anemic again from having like 6-7 nosebleeds in the span of a month. They weren't any major ones either. ._.

amtalx
Jan 9, 2013, 02:54 PM
I wonder that too. I'm anemic again from having like 6-7 nosebleeds in the span of a month. They weren't any major ones either. ._.

I had chronic nosebleeds for years. As uncomfortable as it is, laying on my back with my my head tilted was the only thing that would stop the worst ones. The blood will pool in your nose, but at least it will clot and stop bleeding. Just be sure to give it 15-20 minutes before you pull the clot out or it might start up again.

/gross

blace
Jan 9, 2013, 03:52 PM
how are you not light headed and dizzy. o_o

I have no idea. The only thing it does to me is deprive me of sleep.

Outrider
Jan 10, 2013, 10:22 AM
Man, trying to explain to internet kids that, "No, sorry, it's not appropriate to get angry at a game developer because you didn't like their game" is not very fun.

What's the deal with people's willingness to get so angry about these kinds of things? Is it just the high percentage of internet shut-ins who don't know how to properly react to things or do we just live in a world where everybody has anger management and entitlement issues?

I just realized that both of those scenarios might actually just be different ways to describe the same thing.

CelestialBlade
Jan 10, 2013, 10:29 AM
Man, trying to explain to internet kids that, "No, sorry, it's not appropriate to get angry at a game developer because you didn't like their game" is not very fun.

What's the deal with people's willingness to get so angry about these kinds of things? Is it just the high percentage of internet shut-ins who don't know how to properly react to things or do we just live in a world where everybody has anger management and entitlement issues?

I just realized that both of those scenarios might actually just be different ways to describe the same thing.
It's the age of imaginary entitlement, the anonymity of raging on the Internet, and general ignorance toward how the game industry works. I've found this shit exists a lot in politics too.

tl;dr dumb kids.

Vintasticvin
Jan 10, 2013, 11:18 AM
Kinda bugged out how its stupid and troublesome to "refix" a program after each little software update I mean I read how to fix it, followed the instructions without flaw and its still not launching. I just might go to a city wide marathon and show them thin psychopaths that a person with a bulky bear-like body could keep up with them.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 10, 2013, 11:40 AM
It's the age of imaginary entitlement, the anonymity of raging on the Internet, and general ignorance toward how the game industry works. I've found this shit exists a lot in politics too.

tl;dr dumb kids.

I don't know about you, but if I paid $60 for a timesink product and it either didn't work or it just wasn't what they promised to deliver, I would be pissed too. Not everyone can call that pocket change to throw around.

It's basically the complaining of a faulty product. That's not imaginary entitlement, that's a natural-born right. Not to say that some kids don't take it a bit too far (such as with Mass Effect 3), but for the most part its all legit (such as with Mass Effect 3)

^ Doubles as a rant, so on-topic.

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 11:43 AM
False advertising: Get mad

Merely not living up to competition, i.e. one 60 dollar game isn't as good as another...not so much

For example, war z. People get fussed over that and I don't blame them. But if a game doesn't have as much bang for your buck as the orange box I don't throw a shitfit. I might talk about it to a larger degree than others - I'm an analytical person and do that with most things - but I don't start cruise controlling for cool and sending death threats or anything like that. Let's keep some perspective here.

edit: Something like Mass Effect 3 is a middle ground. Yeah, some things were falsely advertised (i.e. radically different endings depending on actions taken during your playthrough - what they got was recolorings and 2 second extra clips no matter what they did, and could select any ending no matter what they did before the ending). Other people threw tantrums because they simply didn't like the choices (which is BS, you don't return a book because you dislike the ending, you return it because it has missing pages).

RenzokukenZ
Jan 10, 2013, 12:05 PM
edit: Something like Mass Effect 3 is a middle ground. Yeah, some things were falsely advertised (i.e. radically different endings depending on actions taken during your playthrough - what they got was recolorings and 2 second extra clips no matter what they did, and could select any ending no matter what they did before the ending). Other people threw tantrums because they simply didn't like the choices (which is BS, you don't return a book because you dislike the ending, you return it because it has missing pages).

Well, the reason why the choices weren't liked is because they all botched up whatever story and lore the game had. And since it came from a final game in a trilogy of a story-heavy game series, from a company renowned for epic stories, it sticks out more like a sore thumb than a simple case of 'not liking the ending'.

Then there was that Day 1 DLC that had crucial lore elements (again, from a game heavy on story) that rubbed people the wrong way.

War Z is probably the worst offender, but its more of a $40 cash-in on Day Z as opposed to a AAA established franchise

Seany1990
Jan 10, 2013, 12:27 PM
-The fact that more people spell "you're" incorrectly than correctly.
-Media that use the American flag to represent the English language
-People who use the word "ironic" wrong

CupOfCoffee
Jan 10, 2013, 12:39 PM
The maintenance guy just came by pounding on the door because I'd parked in too good a spot. Or something. I grabbed this one right near the front of the building that had very clear snow paths dug in it, so I know cars had been parking there all week. It wasn't marked as off limits or anything, and it certainly wasn't a handicap spot. When I first opened the door, half awake, and he asked if I owned a blue Corolla, I naturally assumed he had come to high five me for getting that coveted spot. But no—he had a far more sinister agenda.

If they don't like where people are parking, maybe they should clean out more of the parking lot so there are actually enough spots for everybody. Radical concept, Mr. apartment building manager, I know.

Outrider
Jan 10, 2013, 12:59 PM
False advertising: Get mad

Merely not living up to competition, i.e. one 60 dollar game isn't as good as another...not so much

Yup.

For example, war z. People get fussed over that and I don't blame them. But if a game doesn't have as much bang for your buck as the orange box I don't throw a shitfit. I might talk about it to a larger degree than others - I'm an analytical person and do that with most things - but I don't start cruise controlling for cool and sending death threats or anything like that. Let's keep some perspective here.

I find that interesting - in my mind it's clearly the opposite between War Z and Mass Effect 3. Maybe it's not so clear to everybody else.

War Z was an unfinished, broken game that claimed it had tangible features that were actually missing. Mass Effect 3 included all the features it was advertised with, but people were upset because their definitions of certain superlative adjectives didn't match up with BioWare's. There is leeway in BioWare's statements, whereas there is no leeway available for War Z.

Well, the reason why the choices weren't liked is because they all botched up whatever story and lore the game had. And since it came from a final game in a trilogy of a story-heavy game series, from a company renowned for epic stories, it sticks out more like a sore thumb than a simple case of 'not liking the ending'.

Then there was that Day 1 DLC that had crucial lore elements (again, from a game heavy on story) that rubbed people the wrong way.

War Z is probably the worst offender, but its more of a $40 cash-in on Day Z as opposed to a AAA established franchise

Yeah, see... none of that gives you the right to be angry.

Frustrated, disappointed, annoyed - sure. Angry, though? That's an overreaction.

Anger is something you should only feel when you have been seriously wronged. Buying a crappy game is not a case of being seriously wronged.

The definition from dictionary.com:

a strong feeling of displeasure and belligerence aroused by a wrong; wrath; ire.

It's the belligerence part that makes anger an unacceptable response to things like this.

Unless the game was broken or didn't include features you were told it included, then you just have a crappy game. That sucks, but it happens.

Don't get me wrong - Mass Effect 3 definitely had it's problems and I'm cool if you say it was a bad game. Day 1 and on-disc DLC is bad for consumers. No disagreements there.

Still not grounds for anger.

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 01:04 PM
Well, there was actual false advertising:

Yeah, some things were falsely advertised (i.e. radically different endings depending on actions taken during your playthrough - what they got was recolorings and 2 second extra clips no matter what they did, and could select any ending no matter what they did before the ending).
There was a claim of different alternate endings based on what you did - more than just slightly different cutscenes - but that's exactly what players got, and you had 2 options available to you regardless of what you did (only one was conditional, the middle option).

RenzokukenZ
Jan 10, 2013, 01:34 PM
Yeah, see... none of that gives you the right to be angry.

Frustrated, disappointed, annoyed - sure. Angry, though? That's an overreaction.

Anger is something you should only feel when you have been seriously wronged. Buying a crappy game is not a case of being seriously wronged.

The idea of spending good money on a game that you would have invested a lot of your time into, time that could have been spent on either another game, or something else, and turning up to either have missing content that was advertised extensively or removed to be sold separately or broken to the point of being unplayable, pretty much holds grounds for anger, because you've essentially been shafted for your time and money. And again, games aren't cheap, nor are the machines that run them.

Its not like in the case with Diablo 3, since the online-only service and RMAH were revealed from the start. Or Resident Evil 6, since fans kind of knew that it was leaning away from the traditional series. Or any game that causes a divide among the fanbases.

DreXxiN
Jan 10, 2013, 03:16 PM
You and I both know what you've been through. Don't ever forget what's strengthened you in the past and what you've fought through to get where you are. Look back on that when you need a self-esteem boost.

Thanks for that, I appreciate it -- Little things help.

On topic - My randomly fluctuating work ethic of being absolutely strict about how I go about completing a task, spending hours upon hours without breaks and other days I just don't feel like doing anything and would have been better off, ultimately, just pacing myself better.

More than likely it's just a case of burnout.

Sayara
Jan 10, 2013, 04:00 PM
Breaks? I remember once i went 7 hours straight without a break.
Boy my leg /hated/ me that night.

Outrider
Jan 10, 2013, 04:41 PM
Well, there was actual false advertising:

There was a claim of different alternate endings based on what you did - more than just slightly different cutscenes - but that's exactly what players got, and you had 2 options available to you regardless of what you did (only one was conditional, the middle option).

The BBB posting about Mass Effect 3, while saying they "technically" (their word) were guilty of false advertising, also kind of pointed out it was a BS claim:

'It states “your choices drive powerful outcomes”. A consumer would have to very carefully analyze this statement to come to a conclusion that the game’s outcome is not “wholly” determined by one’s choices. This statement, really though, is very subject to interpretation.'

(Source: http://www.bbb.org/blog/2012/04/mass-effect-3-is-having-a-mass-effect-on-its-consumers-for-better-or-worse/ )

The idea of spending good money on a game that you would have invested a lot of your time into, time that could have been spent on either another game, or something else, and turning up to either have missing content that was advertised extensively or removed to be sold separately or broken to the point of being unplayable, pretty much holds grounds for anger, because you've essentially been shafted for your time and money. And again, games aren't cheap, nor are the machines that run them.

Okay, let's rewind this beat and break it down:

1.) There was no missing content that was advertised as being included with the game that I can recall.

2.) The argument that content was removed to be sold separately (presumably you mean the day 1 DLC) sucks, but this is also something that existed in Mass Effect 2. It's really not right, but it should have also been expected.

3.) What was broken or unplayable? I got the game a week after launch and I don't recall any game-breaking bugs.

So aside from those three points - which unless you have some examples I've forgotten, seem to just be meaningless hyperbole - your argument is boiling down to "it's a bad game that wasn't worth the money or time I spent on it, so I have every right to be angry."

Dude, that is an absurdly low tolerance for being angry. Bad games happen. I hated PSO Episode III when I got it. I was not working at the time and I spent $50 on it that I should have saved. I was super disappointed. I did not get angry though because I was an adult and I realized that I had made a bad purchase.

(Sorry PSO Ep. III people. I still think the game is bad, but the narrative was kind of neat.)

The point is that only children get angry because they bought a bad game (a perfectly functional game that includes everything it promised, even!) and I don't want adult people to act like children.

Reactions of annoyance, frustration, disappointment, and/or a general upset feeling are acceptable, however.

Its not like in the case with Diablo 3, since the online-only service and RMAH were revealed from the start. Or Resident Evil 6, since fans kind of knew that it was leaning away from the traditional series. Or any game that causes a divide among the fanbases.

I think this is the most bizarre thing. Diablo 3's online-only service is a legitimate anti-consumer practice. It adds an unnecessary requirement (always-on internet), negatively effects the user's experience (disconnects and lag), and only provides an arguable benefit to the publisher despite the detriments it causes to the player.

That is something people should be complaining about! This is the developer openly doing something that negatively effects a player's entire experience within the product. (I'd actually argue that this is significantly worse than Day 1 DLC, because at least you can skip or ignore the DLC.)

And yet Mass Effect 3's crappy ending is what they get worked up over? It truly boggles the mind.

Look, I really don't want to keep going down this Mass Effect 3 rabbit hole - it's dead and buried. I just want people to stop acting like petulant children. I'm sure you agree that's a good goal, right?

gigawuts
Jan 10, 2013, 05:21 PM
Fair enough. I seem to recall different wording elsewhere, but never had my jimmies rustled about it. The game itself was thoroughly entertaining to me, the quality of work was great, and only something at the very end of the story went awry (And let's be entirely truthful: They could handwave that shit so fucking fast that every RPer's head would be spinning).

Re: Online only stuff, etc. (This is getting way off topic so I'll cut it short around here). I think this is the product of companies just now delving into an entirely new aspect of the market. There's no precedent for this sort of thing. Companies are exploring new and unique ideas, and in hindsight we can easily see what's good/bad but in the present these things take time. It'll be a few years for companies to be entirely convinced their investment has gone bad; either by letting go and moving on, or going bankrupt and leaving a "Do Not Attempt" sign over whatever they proved doesn't work.

If they were experimenting with things beneficial to the customers it would be an exciting time in the game world, but they are not so instead it's a potentially irritating time.

BIG OLAF
Jan 10, 2013, 05:36 PM
Probably going to sound like unnecessary whining, but-

I really hate putting some effort into something only to have it completely looked over or taken for granted. I'm one of the very few people that actually strives to do things well and correctly, and the work gets mulled over. I know someone may come and say "well, as long as you know you're doing a good job you're happy with it, that's all that should matter", and okay, I understand. But getting some back-pats or encouraging words when you do something deserving of such is always nice.

.Rusty.
Jan 10, 2013, 06:05 PM
I was disappointed in ME3 ending because I was expecting a ME2 style suicide mission where you make a bunch of difficult decisions along the way and if you get get it wrong people die. Instead I got a average mission that was pretty much all brown apart from some red phone boxes.

Probably going to sound like unnecessary whining, but-

I really hate putting some effort into something only to have it completely looked over or taken for granted. I'm one of the very few people that actually strives to do things well and correctly, and the work gets mulled over. I know someone may come and say "well, as long as you know you're doing a good job you're happy with it, that's all that should matter", and okay, I understand. But getting some back-pats or encouraging words when you do something deserving of such is always nice.

Welcome to capitalism! Enjoy your stay wage slave!

Enforcer MKV
Jan 10, 2013, 06:18 PM
I lay here, literally as I type this, with my mother trying to lift my toe nail enough to pour peroxide under it, because the entire left side of my big toe is bloody under the nail. It's been like this for 2 months, and just now she decides to do crap to it, after constantly asking what are we going to do about it.

Goddamit, it hurts, I have no idea how I'm able to keep a straight face while this goes on. between having the nail lifted, peroxide dumped under it, and having shit shoved under it....

ugh.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 10, 2013, 06:30 PM
I used ME3 as an example to show both over-exaggerated anger over a game AND legit complaints over a game. Never played the game myself, but considering how big the controversy was, kind of hard Not to know about it.

I think this is the most bizarre thing. Diablo 3's online-only service is a legitimate anti-consumer practice. It adds an unnecessary requirement (always-on internet), negatively effects the user's experience (disconnects and lag), and only provides an arguable benefit to the publisher despite the detriments it causes to the player.

That is something people should be complaining about! This is the developer openly doing something that negatively effects a player's entire experience within the product. (I'd actually argue that this is significantly worse than Day 1 DLC, because at least you can skip or ignore the DLC.)

Well, again, it was revealed from the start so it was no secret to anybody. It essentially made the game into a B2P MMO, and for better or worse that's the best way to look at it.

Look, I really don't want to keep going down this Mass Effect 3 rabbit hole - it's dead and buried. I just want people to stop acting like petulant children. I'm sure you agree that's a good goal, right?

That's good and all, but like all passions, they take a very emotional spin from time to time. For whatever reason, and sometimes, it Could be seen as legit. On the bright side, it doesn't happen that often. At least, not to the point that it makes national news and embarrass gaming as a whole.

amtalx
Jan 10, 2013, 08:21 PM
Not only did my UPS software fail to gracefully shut down my computer when the power went out. My SSD had a complete failure. The BIOS won't even recognize it. It's 8 months old. Fucking technology. At least I have everything backed up.

Sayara
Jan 12, 2013, 11:58 PM
Dear me stop overdosing on caffiene you dumb bitch
Love me

Reksanden
Jan 13, 2013, 02:42 AM
Suddenly, a good day turned completely terrible from a single sentence made from someone else, that while it had no real relation to me, managed to depress me horribly.

*sigh*

darkante
Jan 13, 2013, 04:35 AM
People calling people noobs on the easiest difficulty.
Not sure who they are talking about.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 13, 2013, 12:57 PM
Mother chewed me out "Again" despite the fact that I'm seriously trying to find work.

Yes, I get that you're making me go back to school if I can't find full time work.

THAT'S WHY I'M SITTING IN MY ROOM ALL DAY ON MY COMPUTER WHEN I'M NOT OUT LOOKING!

...Guh, venting like this makes me feel like I'm in high school. Back to the hunt.

RenzokukenZ
Jan 13, 2013, 01:00 PM
I'm starting to think that my 6-year-old laptop is reaching its final days, what with the occasional blue screens, glitching arrow keys, failing to pick up wifi signals, and possible damage to the hard drive. And I don't really have anything to make back-ups with. Cripes.

CelestialBlade
Jan 13, 2013, 01:29 PM
I'm starting to think that my 6-year-old laptop is reaching its final days, what with the occasional blue screens, glitching arrow keys, failing to pick up wifi signals, and possible damage to the hard drive. And I don't really have anything to make back-ups with. Cripes.
Damn, sounds like all the hardware is failing at once. Probably by design, to be honest. Get you an external HDD and make your backups, because at the rate that's going I wouldn't be surprised if the internal HDD cable or the read head goes bad next.

Ketchup345
Jan 13, 2013, 02:10 PM
I'm starting to think that my 6-year-old laptop is reaching its final days, what with the occasional blue screens, glitching arrow keys, failing to pick up wifi signals, and possible damage to the hard drive. And I don't really have anything to make back-ups with. Cripes.You don't have a built in CD or DVD writer? Flash drives are getting pretty cheap these days, but aren't practical for backing up full drives of course. An external drive would be a good idea (I know a networked one is on my list).

Damn, sounds like all the hardware is failing at once. Probably by design, to be honest. Get you an external HDD and make your backups, because at the rate that's going I wouldn't be surprised if the internal HDD cable or the read head goes bad next.I wouldn't say all failing at once intentionally. 6 years is fairly old for some electronics, especially laptops, since they probably have worse cooling systems than desktops. His battery probably "died" years ago (holding only a small fraction of a charge of what it used to).

NoiseHERO
Jan 13, 2013, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't say all failing at once intentionally. 6 years is fairly old for some electronics, especially laptops, since they probably have worse cooling systems than desktops. His battery probably "died" years ago (holding only a small fraction of a charge of what it used to).

Yeeaaahhhh any piece of tech can "naturally" burn down to a brick after 5-7 years...

RenzokukenZ
Jan 13, 2013, 03:01 PM
You don't have a built in CD or DVD writer? Flash drives are getting pretty cheap these days, but aren't practical for backing up full drives of course. An external drive would be a good idea (I know a networked one is on my list).

I would prefer an external drive for convenience but I don't have any money to spare to buy one atm. If things turn up in a few months, I might have enough to get a new laptop altogether. I just hope the current one lasts until then.

I wouldn't say all failing at once intentionally. 6 years is fairly old for some electronics, especially laptops, since they probably have worse cooling systems than desktops. His battery probably "died" years ago (holding only a small fraction of a charge of what it used to).

Its to the point where I have to keep it plugged into the charger, and both are kept fanned from an outside source.

.Rusty.
Jan 13, 2013, 03:10 PM
Do you have a family or friend's pc you could store stuff on? Copy and pasting stuff with a cheap usb drive might take forever but it will be cheap.

especially laptops, since they probably have worse cooling systems than desktops

Some laptops do actually have decent cooling but because battery life is a selling point the pre installed power settings use passive cooling and that stuff is just trash. Seriously you could have cooked a egg or something on this laptop when I was useing default settings :lol:

Noblewine
Jan 14, 2013, 12:16 PM
The semester for my graphic design class is almost over and I cannot wait till Wednesday.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 14, 2013, 03:38 PM
More arguments between my mother and brother. Guess I'll go referee....

again.

Mike
Jan 14, 2013, 10:25 PM
Lots of work this week including trying to make a passible sequence on a drum machine. Yipes.

Polly
Jan 14, 2013, 10:54 PM
Lots of work this week including trying to make a passible sequence on a drum machine. Yipes.

:O You work in music?

Ketchup345
Jan 14, 2013, 10:57 PM
I'd like to be able to play this new (to me, old enough to be a greatest hit) PS3 game sometime this week...

Mike
Jan 14, 2013, 11:42 PM
:O You work in music?
No, but I need to use it for a presentation coming up in February and not having a musical bone in my body (or at least one that is properly tuned) means I need to take a lot of time.

DreXxiN
Jan 15, 2013, 03:45 PM
11+ hour flight tomorrow. Fuuuuuuu-

Noblewine
Jan 15, 2013, 07:07 PM
I had a talk with the principle today being a suspect after some loser vandalized school property. I'm being blamed for it and the conversation didn't go very well because I got defensive. I thought my time at that school could be better but apparently not. =\

Mike
Jan 15, 2013, 08:35 PM
11+ hour flight tomorrow. Fuuuuuuu-
I love those.

Seany1990
Jan 15, 2013, 09:40 PM
No, but I need to use it for a presentation coming up in February and not having a musical bone in my body (or at least one that is properly tuned) means I need to take a lot of time.

What do you study that requires it?

Polly
Jan 16, 2013, 12:23 AM
Oh, that is about the dumbest fucking six-hour nap I have ever accidentally taken.

Sleep schedule: Sufficiently fucked.

Ketchup345
Jan 16, 2013, 12:41 AM
Oh, that is about the dumbest fucking six-hour nap I have ever accidentally taken.

Sleep schedule: Sufficiently fucked.I did that once a few months ago. Slept from 8PM-2AM. On a night with work the next morning. Luckily it didn't take me long to reset to my normal schedule.

The game I got yesterday (Gran Tourismo 5XL) took 3 hours to update yesterday, and another hour today. Tried to play it, found out I need to change the controls (to the same as my Forza setup).

Noblewine
Jan 16, 2013, 01:18 AM
I read a guide/walkthrough after beating Solotarobo story mode and wanted to see if I missed anything. I learned that the game has DLC content but it doesn't meantion how to unlock it. I assume I have to have a DSI or N3D for it to be available. What a rip-off. The story and gameplay was fun but to learn I need to have an updated DS model to get DLC is pretty lame.
It seems emulators have the dlc content too and I'm not stooping that low just to get the dlc.

darkante
Jan 16, 2013, 03:12 AM
Well, i had for a while broken internet rechiever on my old 3DS which is pretty stupid.
Since i saw the XL model, i decided to get for its better screen size and also to get my internet back on.

Don't know how it broke at all since i'm pretty gentle with it.
Crappy shit..

CelestialBlade
Jan 16, 2013, 05:23 AM

Sleep schedule: Sufficiently fucked.
You're also recovering from monsterflu, ya dork, so you can't be TOO surprised ;P You'll get it back in order.

So it rained ice pellets outside yesterday evening. Hearing lots of reports of icy roads this morning. And I'm leaving for work now :P 4WD GO

Polly
Jan 16, 2013, 11:56 AM
Read an article where Megan Fox told the interviewer that being rich and famous is worse than being bullied in school. As someone who was mercilessly bullied in school for being a lesbian and an administration that let it happen simply because they knew, I say Megan Fox can go fuck a very expensive and popular cattle prod.

.Rusty.
Jan 16, 2013, 12:59 PM
Read an article where Megan Fox told the interviewer that being rich and famous is worse than being bullied in school.

The fuck o.0 just... what... bzzt ::SYSTEM ERROR::

::Beep boop reboot complete::

That other stuff sounds pretty horrible the shitnuggets running that school pretty much joined in from the sounds of it :(

gigawuts
Jan 16, 2013, 01:54 PM
Those poor bullies...going to school with megan fox?

They have my pity.

CelestialBlade
Jan 16, 2013, 02:55 PM
What am I gonna do with all this FAME AND MONEY AND PEOPLE TAKING PICTURES OF ME?? Life is SO HARD!

I think that drives me more nuts than her chronic bitchface.

Mike
Jan 16, 2013, 07:42 PM
Megan Fox is an adult and as an adult should have at least gained some skill in dealing with people. As an adult, there are far more options you can take to deal with people you don't like. There are lots of nasty people in the world though and even adults can only take so much so I can understand where she's coming from. But adults have, or at least are expected to have, more mental fortitude than children do though so comparing the problems that come to being famous shouldn't be compared to the problems of school children.

What do you study that requires it?
Sometimes I wish I was still in school but then I remember that going back to school would mean essays and tests and I'm perfectly happy not doing those again.

Sayara
Jan 16, 2013, 08:19 PM
Chronicles of my dumb joblife.
[8:13:15 PM] Tingle of the Stars: I lost my cart of pasta sauce,
[8:13:18 PM] Tingle of the Stars: some of it shatters
[8:13:27 PM] Tingle of the Stars: a bit of glass got on my palm and cut it slightly open
[8:13:30 PM] Tingle of the Stars: causing it to bleeed.
[8:13:45 PM] Tingle of the Stars: gg me

Ketchup345
Jan 16, 2013, 11:37 PM
Grabbed a beer from the refrigerator for dinner earlier tonight. It was frozen. Put it in the fridge for a few hours, now drinking a flat but cold beer.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 17, 2013, 05:09 PM
Grabbed a beer from the refrigerator for dinner earlier tonight. It was frozen. Put it in the fridge for a few hours, now drinking a flat but cold beer.

Somehow, this reminds me of what I got my father for Christmas.

So once upon a time, I tried a porter that's made with hot peppers. It was cold and spicy and delicious, so I decide to get my father a growler (a one gallon jug) of it for Christmas. So I pick it up at the biergarten, and proceed to make my trip to spend Christmas with the family. I tell him about it, and he gets quite excited, being the beer connoisseur that he is.

So we sit down with a couple of glasses and crack open the seal on this giant jug. We pour a glass each. It's a dark brew with a nice layer of foam on the top. We both take a sip. He looks at the glass, then looks at me. I take a second look at my own glass and sniff it. We gulp down the first round, seal the jar and invert it a few times, because, perhaps the heavier particles had sunk to the bottom.

Nope. We drank more and more of it, hoping it would taste better. Even with the initial rounds catching up to us, it only tasted worse and worse as we went on. With 1/4 of the jug left, he tapped out, and said I could finish the rest.

Now, pouring the rest down the drain was not an option at this point. So I go to the fridge and get out a bottle of some kind of wheat beer, then sit back down and alternate sipping the wheat beer and gulping this now hellacious-tasting concoction. Finally finished, I got some Listerene and purged my mouth.

When I woke up in the morning, I could feel it in my stomach. Not the liquid itself, but something about the lining of my stomach just felt it.

tl;dr I talked up and got all excited about sharing a fantastic brew with my father for Christmas, and then it turned out to be the absolute worst thing I've ever drank.

And now it's one of his favorite stories to share about me.

BIG OLAF
Jan 17, 2013, 07:25 PM
Coming home from work to relax and play PSO2 with some friends, only to end up soloing for hours and then going to bed because everyone else is already busy with whatever and/or in a full party is pretty disheartening.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jan 17, 2013, 08:52 PM
Coming home from work to relax and play PSO2 with some friends, only to end up soloing for hours and then going to bed because everyone else is already busy with whatever and/or in a full party is pretty disheartening.gee, that's a pretty common thing for me. I know how that feels. :(

Mike
Jan 17, 2013, 10:51 PM
Stupid raisin bread. You are the oatmeal raisin cookies of bread.

gigawuts
Jan 17, 2013, 10:53 PM
oh

das not cool man

i love cinnamon raisin bread

if you mean plain raisin bread then ew that would be like eating bugs in your bread, no thanks

Sayara
Jan 18, 2013, 11:18 AM
Hey! You know whats fun after a long frustrating day of work?
(nsfw message inside)
[spoiler-box]
Not being able to release a stool and causing your backside to bleed!
[/spoiler-box]

I slept for 2 hours and then rewoke up 5 hours later with the same god damn headache!

Ketchup345
Jan 18, 2013, 09:22 PM
The commercials for Mama are starting to piss me off. Sorry, not starting to, have been for weeks.

CupOfCoffee
Jan 19, 2013, 01:40 AM
I want to buy an American Telecaster with the money I assume I'll be getting back soon from my tax return, and I want to buy it right now, but the 2013 model will probably be appearing soon. And what if it's better than the 2012?!

#firstworldestproblem

BIG OLAF
Jan 19, 2013, 01:55 AM
A couple of the guys at one of the auto repair garages I deliver to are complete dicks. Every time I go there, they crack jokes "with" me (I pretend to chuckle a little) about one of the guys back at the dealership who takes the orders for parts. They make fun of him because he has a weight problem, and it's gotten to the point where he wheezes a little bit when he breathes (it's audible over the phone, which is why they know). Quick example of a back-and-forth the two of the guys had yesterday when I went there-

Guy 1: "Yeah, _____ screwed me out of that part."

Guy 2: "Why're you talkin' to him, anyway? Motherfucker can barely breathe, haha! Talk to _____ instead!"

*Guy 2 glances at me to see if I'm laughing/smiling; I fake a quick smirk*

...but, the worst part of all of this is, this is a self-proclaimed Christian-owned and operated repair center. They have the little Jesus fish on their sign, and on their uniforms. They have fucking quotes from the Bible and shit all over the inside of the office. Evey time I go there, they're talking about this "God" fellow with their other customers. So, the question I rhetorically posit thusly is: why is it that religious people are always the most intolerant, rude, hurtful, snotty pieces of shit?

A small second part, today a female co-worker, about my age, randomly stopped and asked me how I was doing. I found this extremely odd because, even though we've walked by each other dozens of times since I started working there, she's never uttered a syllable to me beforehand. I was walking by, going to the cashier to turn in all my invoices for the day, and i hear her-

"Hey Nick, how are you doing?"

So, I kind of just froze in place for a second, like 'uh, what the fuck?', but I answered as politely as I could, since I was hungry, tired, and had a massive headache at the present time, and easily could have come off irritable and crude, but that's not a reflection I want to have on anyone at my place of employment.

Anyway, a little bit later after that, another one of my co-workers (the guy who trained me in my current job, actually), walked up and sort-of jokingly said that the girl wanted to go on a date with me or something. I don't know if he was being serious, or what. I have no idea, but it's pissing me off, whatever it's all about.

NoiseHERO
Jan 21, 2013, 10:26 PM
Yeah! Got chills and dry throat! Guess who doesn't have to go to class/work tomor-

Oh right I'm a NEET so being sick just sucks by itself.

CelestialBlade
Jan 21, 2013, 10:44 PM
Yeah! Got chills and dry throat! Guess who doesn't have to go to class/work tomor-

Oh right I'm a NEET so being sick just sucks by itself.
You best get better OR ELSE. :l

Randomness
Jan 21, 2013, 10:59 PM
A couple of the guys at one of the auto repair garages I deliver to are complete dicks. Every time I go there, they crack jokes "with" me (I pretend to chuckle a little) about one of the guys back at the dealership who takes the orders for parts. They make fun of him because he has a weight problem, and it's gotten to the point where he wheezes a little bit when he breathes (it's audible over the phone, which is why they know). Quick example of a back-and-forth the two of the guys had yesterday when I went there-

Guy 1: "Yeah, _____ screwed me out of that part."

Guy 2: "Why're you talkin' to him, anyway? Motherfucker can barely breathe, haha! Talk to _____ instead!"

*Guy 2 glances at me to see if I'm laughing/smiling; I fake a quick smirk*

...but, the worst part of all of this is, this is a self-proclaimed Christian-owned and operated repair center. They have the little Jesus fish on their sign, and on their uniforms. They have fucking quotes from the Bible and shit all over the inside of the office. Evey time I go there, they're talking about this "God" fellow with their other customers. So, the question I rhetorically posit thusly is: why is it that religious people are always the most intolerant, rude, hurtful, snotty pieces of shit?

A small second part, today a female co-worker, about my age, randomly stopped and asked me how I was doing. I found this extremely odd because, even though we've walked by each other dozens of times since I started working there, she's never uttered a syllable to me beforehand. I was walking by, going to the cashier to turn in all my invoices for the day, and i hear her-

"Hey Nick, how are you doing?"

So, I kind of just froze in place for a second, like 'uh, what the fuck?', but I answered as politely as I could, since I was hungry, tired, and had a massive headache at the present time, and easily could have come off irritable and crude, but that's not a reflection I want to have on anyone at my place of employment.

Anyway, a little bit later after that, another one of my co-workers (the guy who trained me in my current job, actually), walked up and sort-of jokingly said that the girl wanted to go on a date with me or something. I don't know if he was being serious, or what. I have no idea, but it's pissing me off, whatever it's all about.

Go in there and read Matthew 4-7 at em (It's somewhere in there, what I'm thinking of. It should be blindingly obvious) At the very least, they need to read it. Repeatedly.

(It's appalling how many people don't seem to pay any attention to this section)

Polly
Jan 22, 2013, 06:55 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again.

FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER!

CelestialBlade
Jan 22, 2013, 07:08 AM

FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER!
This. So much this. I'm in so many layers I feel like the fucking Michelin Man.

Enforcer MKV
Jan 22, 2013, 10:25 AM
This. So much this. I'm in so many layers I feel like the fucking Michelin Man.

I lol'd

Anyway, new dog is drawing blood, and enjoys using my hands as chew toys.

....f*ck, he just woke up, I thought I was gonna get more than 10 minutes of peace. ;-;

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jan 22, 2013, 11:04 AM
apparently while playing Xenosaga ep3 Disc 1. I left the game-case(with disc 2) on top of the Gamecube which is sitting on a table. the Gamecube barrel rolles off the table with the game-case and breaks a bit of the game-case arround the memory card holder and the disc 1 holder flung out(though I snapped back in). so now I'm worried about the condition of disc 2. I'm hoping its still in good condition. it looks to still be in working condition but I haven't checked yet. I'm peeved just at the fact that the game-case got smashed a bit, it was a perfect original game case ;_;. I wish I could just smash that friggin Gamecube in return but I still use it from time to time.

EvilMag
Jan 22, 2013, 01:49 PM

I agree.

darkante
Jan 22, 2013, 02:19 PM
Cold rocks! *cough*

BIG OLAF
Jan 22, 2013, 04:44 PM
Man, I know. Today was all 70° and shit! Winter sure sucks.

NoiseHERO
Jan 22, 2013, 05:19 PM
Man, I know. Today was all 70° and shit! Winter sure sucks.

lolflorida

gigawuts
Jan 22, 2013, 05:20 PM
people literally and unironically wear mittens at 60 degrees in florida

Mike
Jan 22, 2013, 08:00 PM
I enjoy the cold. I live in a concrete cave of an apartment and there's no insulation so that means cold, cold winters, even by my standards.

Ketchup345
Jan 22, 2013, 08:16 PM

FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER FUCK WINTER!Why? I'm still waiting for winter...

Man, I know. Today was all 70° and shit! Winter sure sucks.It was awful.

people literally and unironically wear mittens at 60 degrees in floridaMy brother says the same about 80 degrees in Los Angeles.

CelestialBlade
Jan 22, 2013, 09:07 PM
Y'all just weird as hell. I just want to return to my volcanic home planet :(

Enforcer MKV
Jan 22, 2013, 09:33 PM
Y'all just weird as hell. I just want to return to my volcanic home planet :(

You're damn right we are. And you love each and every one of us. Especially that Rock kid.

Come on, just admit it. :D

Noblewine
Jan 22, 2013, 11:17 PM
My depression and anxiety fluctuate and I have my bad days or good days but the stupid stuff like being the bad guy because of being back stabbed over a girl still steams me up. I hate how one person sticks his nose into the incident two years ago defending that ass-hole. ~_~

NoiseHERO
Jan 23, 2013, 01:20 AM
I still like winter more than summer...

Ezodagrom
Jan 23, 2013, 01:44 AM
I still like winter more than summer...
I usually prefer winter to summer as well, but these last 2 years summers have been rather mild and enjoyable where I live, temperatures usually between 75~85F, probably the highest it reached was around 90~95 or so.

Sayara
Jan 23, 2013, 08:30 AM
Fall only please. Did you know some folks dont have.proper heating in this cold ass cold? Like zero degrees in their dang house? Spookier were still pretty lucky for 10*f outside only.

Atbar
Jan 23, 2013, 04:23 PM
due to insurance change, i got to find a new dentist. i realize this is something that commonly happens but i actually liked this dentist.

Sayara
Jan 24, 2013, 02:17 PM
this is particularly not good walking weather.

Ketchup345
Jan 24, 2013, 11:50 PM
I made awesome cookies on Monday, but tonight I failed at making simple French Toast.

Sayara
Jan 25, 2013, 01:55 PM
One day, Id like to wake up and not have a miserable headache.

Just once please?

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jan 26, 2013, 05:37 AM
so right now, the computer I normally play PSO2 blew a fuse and lost its operating system. we can't replace the computer at all. so if it goes out permanantly. I'll probably lose playing PSO2 or anything else PC based for a very long while. :(

Jakosifer
Jan 26, 2013, 01:23 PM
RIP LOVRINA

RenzokukenZ
Jan 27, 2013, 06:24 PM
Started my first day of official work as a school custodian on Friday.

Shot my immune system and now I'm sick like a dog.

Ketchup345
Jan 27, 2013, 10:48 PM
Set DVR to record 2.5 hours of stuff tonight on a local version of a national channel. No sound from anything national (only sound I heard was local commercials).

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jan 28, 2013, 05:51 PM
so right now, the computer I normally play PSO2 blew a fuse and lost its operating system. we can't replace the computer at all. so if it goes out permanantly. I'll probably lose playing PSO2 or anything else PC based for a very long while. :(so....contrary to this. the computer has now been fixed and is runing normally again. however yesterday my brother to factory reset the computer thinking it would work which didn't and unfortunatly is still deleted everything. all those PSO2 pictures I saved up are all gone and I have to redownload and reupdate everything. in all, I'm have quite some mixed emotions right now but I'm glad I can still play some PC games as well as continue playing PSO2. we still need new friggin RAM sticks though so this hopfully never happens again. ;_;

Mike
Jan 28, 2013, 08:25 PM
we still need new friggin RAM sticks though so this hopfully never happens again. ;_;
Just download some.

CelestialBlade
Jan 30, 2013, 05:20 AM
Possible tornadic rotation just passed a couple miles north of me around 4:15-4:30am, and a weaker rotation pretty much went right over my apartment. Spending my morning looking at damage reports and warning peeps, the life of a storm spotter is always interesting

Enforcer MKV
Jan 30, 2013, 07:43 AM
Sitting here, letting the dog use my steel-toed boot as a chew toy. Feel like I'm getting sick, I'm sitting here - inside, and still have my jacket on. Thing is, I'm still cold.

I dunno if I'm just not used to waking up this early or what, but ugh...

darkante
Jan 30, 2013, 08:55 AM
Were dead tired in the morning only to be welcomed by snowfall and windy weather.
I´m used to waking up freezing inside in the morning, but that made my mood go sour.

Sayara
Jan 31, 2013, 01:16 PM
I dont feel justified paying high fees for a metro service that is so lack luster

BIG OLAF
Jan 31, 2013, 09:53 PM
Why can't we have Valentine's Day/White Day like Japan? It's such a better 'system' (for lack of a better word) than this completely and utterly one-sided, materialistic bullshit we get stuck with.

OH WHAT'S THAT YOU WANT EVEN MORE ATTENTION AND MONEY SPENT ON YOU THAN USUAL ON FEBRUARY 14TH? K

inb4flames

EDIT: Also, I probably need to go to a dermatologist for surgery on the back of my leg, but then that would lead to downtime from work, and I haven't any vacation time or sick time. Can't afford that, so I have to just keep treating those lumps like I have been.

EDIT2: People who watch the Super Bowl just for the "funny" commercials. Shame none of those commercials are ever even slightly funny. I've never even cracked a smile at any of them. They have the humor grade of a C-average teenager. No thanks, I'll pass.

Mike
Jan 31, 2013, 10:18 PM
Why can't we have Valentine's Day/White Day like Japan? It's such a better 'system' (for lack of a better word) than this completely and utterly one-sided, materialistic bullshit we get stuck with.

OH WHAT'S THAT YOU WANT EVEN MORE ATTENTION AND MONEY SPENT ON YOU THAN USUAL ON FEBRUARY 14TH? K
Have you heard of the obligitory chocolate women in Japan pass out on the 14th? As a man, you are expected to return the favor in some way making for a more expensive experience for everybody. Luckily, this particular aspect of Valentine's Day has been losing popularity in recent years so it's not as expensive as it could be.

EvilMag
Jan 31, 2013, 11:14 PM
I love valentines day for one reason. Dirt cheap chocolate on the 15th.

gigawuts
Jan 31, 2013, 11:54 PM
I love valentines day for one reason. Dirt cheap chocolate on the 15th.

I'm eventually going to start celebrating holidays a day late for this exact reason.

I have to start celebrating them again at all first, though.

Randomness
Jan 31, 2013, 11:54 PM
This morning was cold enough they were delaying school because of wind chill.

Tomorrow morning is colder.

Thank god I can work from home.

Sayara
Feb 1, 2013, 12:04 AM

inb4flames

EDIT: Also, I probably need to go to a dermatologist for surgery on the back of my leg, but then that would lead to downtime from work, and I haven't any vacation time or sick time. Can't afford that, so I have to just keep treating those lumps like I have been.

EDIT2: People who watch the Super Bowl just for the "funny" commercials. Shame none of those commercials are ever even slightly funny. I've never even cracked a smile at any of them. They have the humor grade of a C-average teenager. No thanks, I'll pass.

This is the first year/ lady friend that told me straight up she doesn't give a shit bout 2/14. So its gonna be smooooth.
(also i work anyway >:C)

BIG OLAF
Feb 1, 2013, 12:13 AM
This is the first year/ lady friend that told me straight up she doesn't give a shit bout 2/14. So its gonna be smooooth.
(also i work anyway >:C)

She's lying. Just wait; you'll see.

Reksanden
Feb 1, 2013, 01:17 AM
My reaction to getting OC sprayed:

My mental reaction:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, IT BURNS!

Sayara
Feb 1, 2013, 11:00 AM
She's lying. Just wait; you'll see.

I mean, still gonna do /something/ for it but it wont be any different than 1/4, or 11/14... or even 7/19!

gigawuts
Feb 1, 2013, 11:47 AM
I mean, still gonna do /something/ for it but it wont be any different than 1/4, or 11/14... or even 7/19!

I've had a bit of unfortunate experience with this...

A lot of people love to say to not do something, but it can get awkward over time. Even if the agreement to not get each other something is mutual, sometimes they end up wanting something after a while and it gets awkward because you don't and they do and they either feel bad for wanting it or get mad that you're not doing anything.

You're walking a fine line between being awesome but doing exactly what was agreed and I do not envy you.

My advice: Be awesome full time. Every day's a holiday!

CelestialBlade
Feb 1, 2013, 11:52 AM
I don't get why people stress about it. Just get your SO a little something so they know you're thinking of them, no big deal. You can do that all year round but it doesn't take a lot of effort to commemorate a fun lil holiday. And all the GOOD stuff comes out this time of year, that's reason enough! :D

Polly
Feb 1, 2013, 11:57 AM
I don't get why people stress about it. Just get your SO a little something so they know you're thinking of them, no big deal. You can do that all year round but it doesn't take a lot of effort to commemorate a fun lil holiday. And all the GOOD stuff comes out this time of year, that's reason enough! :D

This. Last year my girlfriend gave me a Tenchi Muyo school folder from like 1998 she found at some weird truckstop for 50 cents and it was the sweetest thing.

CelestialBlade
Feb 1, 2013, 12:17 PM
This. Last year my girlfriend gave me a Tenchi Muyo school folder from like 1998 she found at some weird truckstop for 50 cents and it was the sweetest thing.
Aww <3 Last year my boyfriend ordered pizza, turned the lights out, and we ate by candlelight. I love little things like that, and relationships are supposed to be fun anyway. Who cares if it's commercialized, to me it's just another excuse for fun lil gifts and dates :3

CupOfCoffee
Feb 1, 2013, 12:40 PM
I'm with the above two smarty pantses. One Valentines Day my girlfriend and I decided to go manic pixie and just traded mix tapes. It was way more fun and interesting than random chocolates or something.

Polly
Feb 1, 2013, 12:59 PM
I'm with the above two smarty pantses. One Valentines Day my girlfriend and I decided to go manic pixie and just traded mix tapes. It was way more fun and interesting than random chocolates or something.

Oh man, that's fucking awesome too. xD

I wanna steal that idea sometime now, cause I think it'd be cute.

CelestialBlade
Feb 1, 2013, 01:32 PM
Haha, that's baller. I love just sharing interests like that.

SEE PEOPLE THIS HOLIDAY IS ENTIRELY WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT

Already got my idea for this year. Involves a boudoir and me trying on stuff. Oh god.

gigawuts
Feb 1, 2013, 02:34 PM
All holidays are what you make of them.

And some people make of them what they're told to make of them, i.e. buy chocolates.

Lesson of the day: Stay away from those people.

(Because that wasn't the obvious solution)

Valkyrie Lovrina
Feb 1, 2013, 04:08 PM
so, last night I went to continued through Xenosaga 3 and was met with a fatal cutscene issue that halted my progress through the game. normally when a cutscene gets finiky I skip it to continue, apparently this cutscene would not load. right before I can finish Chapter 7. so friggin down about this right now. so close to completing this series after years of finally obtaining the third game, only to be met with this. :(

BIG OLAF
Feb 1, 2013, 04:48 PM
My advice: Be awesome full time. Every day's a holiday!

This would be my philosophy if I was in that situation. Fuck Valentine's Day. You should be that way and treat each other like a king/queen every day. There are too many scumshits that look way too far into Valentine's Day and all it's materialistic, Hallmark-Holiday bull.

Noblewine
Feb 1, 2013, 08:31 PM
PSP decided to work while I tried to see if a game I got lately worked. The analog stick works but I discovered that the battery is dead and I have keep the a/c power adapter plugged into the psp or it will shut itself off now. =-=
I need to find work so I can buy a replacement.

Atbar
Feb 1, 2013, 11:37 PM
Well, my psycho crazy dragon lady of a landlord finally decided it was finally time to kick me out of the house, which means I'll be moving in a couple months. I won't be homeless as I'll be getting a 2-bedroom somewhere with my other roommate, who is also getting the boot, who I do get along with just fine.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 3, 2013, 01:16 AM
All holidays are what you make of them.

And some people make of them what they're told to make of them, i.e. buy chocolates.

Lesson of the day: Stay away from those people.

(Because that wasn't the obvious solution)

Well....yeah. That's why this day is going to be the same as every other day.

...which is me being single and lonely. :lol:

And no, I don't want your company, Giga. :nono:

:rappy:

BIG OLAF
Feb 4, 2013, 07:47 AM
Now, what's the REAL reason people are 'offended' over this commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EFfZ3_0Uro)? Is it REALLY the sloppy kissing sounds? I'm going to say no. I doubt there would be any hate for the Go Daddy commercial if it featured the female model and an 'attractive' man. Social stigmas at work: see a "nerd", and get disgusted. He's not "allowed" to kiss a model, right? That's gross, right? He's too ugly for that, right?

CelestialBlade
Feb 4, 2013, 07:56 AM
Now, what's the REAL reason people are 'offended' over this commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EFfZ3_0Uro)? Is it REALLY the sloppy kissing sounds? I'm going to say no. I doubt there would be any hate for the Go Daddy commercial if it featured the female model and an 'attractive' man. Social stigmas at work: see a "nerd", and get disgusted. He's not "allowed" to kiss an attractive woman, right? That's gross, right?
Really haven't heard of anyone disliking the ad for it including what society considers a "nerd" to be, most of the hate I've heard is simply for the mediocre acting and the general "sex sells" dislike. Other than the obvious female societal viewpoints I could drone on about endlessly, I didn't really have a big problem with the ad other than the kiss being...fairly boring XD

Doesn't have shit on the Taco Bell ad or Crackin Gangnam Style anyway. Axe/Coke/Speed Stick had some great ones too.

BIG OLAF
Feb 4, 2013, 08:04 AM
What I was getting at was that the people who disliked the commercial are hiding behind those reasons (gross noises, etc.), whether consciously or subconsciously, and the real reason is because the guy was a 'nerd'. I'm very curious to see if there would have been any 'negative' responses/backlash to the commercial if the male would have been a chiseled pretty-boy.

But that's just what I think.

.Rusty.
Feb 4, 2013, 08:29 AM
Marketing has always used crappy stereotypes :-? This one seems pretty tame compared to some of the stunt's some companies have done.
Also that dude is obviously a fake he doesn't have a fedora :wacko:

RenzokukenZ
Feb 4, 2013, 11:41 AM
What I was getting at was that the people who disliked the commercial are hiding behind those reasons (gross noises, etc.), whether consciously or subconsciously, and the real reason is because the guy was a 'nerd'. I'm very curious to see if there would have been any 'negative' responses/backlash to the commercial if the male would have been a chiseled pretty-boy.

But that's just what I think.

Honestly, that's digging a bit too deep from the surface. That's like saying this commercial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX3g3nXr_eo) is racist because the black man was the ass-end of the horse, being led by a white man as a representation of the former's repression from the latter.

In other words, creating phantoms where there are none. There's subliminal undertones and then there's stuff you see because you want to see.

Outrider
Feb 4, 2013, 12:10 PM
Now, what's the REAL reason people are 'offended' over this commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EFfZ3_0Uro)? Is it REALLY the sloppy kissing sounds? I'm going to say no. I doubt there would be any hate for the Go Daddy commercial if it featured the female model and an 'attractive' man. Social stigmas at work: see a "nerd", and get disgusted. He's not "allowed" to kiss a model, right? That's gross, right? He's too ugly for that, right?

Yeah, I don't know man. Sloppy kissing noises are kind of the worst unless you happen to be involved in making them (in which case you don't notice it anyway).

BTW, somebody pointed out that the guy in that ad has been an extra in like... everything. I saw a montage somewhere that showed him in dozens of shows and movies from the past ten years and I am kinda surprised that I never noticed him before.

.Rusty.
Feb 4, 2013, 01:15 PM
real reason is because the guy was a 'nerd'. I'm very curious to see if there would have been any 'negative' responses/backlash to the commercial if the male would have been a chiseled pretty-boy.

Of course it would have gotten a different reaction if it was a chiseled pretty-boy. In that ad it will just be 2 sexy people kissing. The close up will still be a bit weird but whatever.

Now change fat nerd into fat sports fan / hipster / redneck / ETC and you will get the same Ew gross reaction.

CelestialBlade
Feb 4, 2013, 11:15 PM
> Finally finds impossibly random Darker's Den
> Game errors out a minute into it, can't rejoin party

Fuck. That. Noise. God fucking dammit.

gigawuts
Feb 5, 2013, 12:21 AM

Auto-rejoin needs to become an industry standard, like, yesterday.

Sayara
Feb 5, 2013, 06:47 AM
Really haven't heard of anyone disliking the ad for it including what society considers a "nerd" to be, most of the hate I've heard is simply for the mediocre acting and the general "sex sells" dislike. Other than the obvious female societal viewpoints I could drone on about endlessly, I didn't really have a big problem with the ad other than the kiss being...fairly boring XD

Doesn't have shit on the Taco Bell ad or Crackin Gangnam Style anyway. Axe/Coke/Speed Stick had some great ones too.
>>Crackin Gangnam Style
FUCK THAT AD
AND FUCK THAT SONG. My god. I never imagined a day that i'd actually flat out HATE a korean song.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 5, 2013, 07:18 AM

That sucks just as much as my Darker's Den run, though I got to the final battle before 630 hits.

Also noise? Do you mean the FSOD like sound where your game freezes and have to hard reboot your PC to fix it? I get that sometimes as well...I first thought it was my hardware but I heard others getting it too more and more.

BIG OLAF
Feb 5, 2013, 07:38 AM
Also noise?

lol, "fuck that noise" is an expression, dear.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 5, 2013, 09:05 AM
lol, "fuck that noise" is an expression, dear.

Something we non-americans won't ever get I bet.

CelestialBlade
Feb 5, 2013, 09:23 AM
I figured it was better than the inarticulate rage I was really feeling at the time. Why there's no auto-rejoin or at least a window of time to rejoin your party is beyond me.

Polly
Feb 5, 2013, 11:49 AM
Slept two hours last night total, in 20-30 minute bursts.
Car battery seems like it'll be fucked at any minute.
An engineer left the studio in the middle of a session without saying why, and now can't be reached.
AND MY FUCKING LUNCH SUCKED!

BRING IT ON, WORLD!

Enforcer MKV
Feb 5, 2013, 12:48 PM
Slept two hours last night total, in 20-30 minute bursts.
Car battery seems like it'll be fucked at any minute.
An engineer left the studio in the middle of a session without saying why, and now can't be reached.
AND MY FUCKING LUNCH SUCKED!

BRING IT ON, WORLD!

[SPOILER-BOX]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28770145.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Fight on, Polly. Fight on.

I'll get the crackers.

CupOfCoffee
Feb 5, 2013, 01:05 PM
I think I blew a fuse in my windshield wipers. Frown. And I'm not good enough at cars to know exactly how to check that out or how to get it fixed without overpaying some lounge act to do it for me.

CelestialBlade
Feb 5, 2013, 01:12 PM
I think I blew a fuse in my windshield wipers. Frown. And I'm not good enough at cars to know exactly how to check that out or how to get it fixed without overpaying some lounge act to do it for me.
You'd need your vehicle owner's manual for a diagram of the engine compartment fuse box. Could try Google. It SHOULD be a 30A fuse but I might be wrong on that. If you're not having luck there, I've personally had good experiences with Autozone and Advance, they can likely tell you for free. Good luck.

EDIT: Just ran outside and looked at mine, it's on the inside of the panel you take off to get to the fuses. I don't remember what you drive, but might help.

CupOfCoffee
Feb 5, 2013, 01:29 PM
Whoa, go Chelsea! I drive an '06 Corolla, so it doesn't seem like it should be too major of an operation. But yeah. Thanks!

.Rusty.
Feb 5, 2013, 02:19 PM
So the uk is currently having a parliamentary debate on same sex marriage and the tory's (uk version of americans republicans) have come out with some really stupid arguments against it. Seriously I don't know what these people are smoking when they are comeing up with stuff like....

"Equality does not mean we should treat everyone the same"
A bunch stuff along the lines of DURRRR we can't redefine marriage.
"christian-phobia"
'Same sex couples can not consummate a marriage'
"This is just for political advantage. People are being PERSECUTED for wanting to protect marriage."
"in the garden of Eden, it was Adam and Steve, it wasn't- uh, it was Adam and Eve"
Someone rambling on about "rights versus responsibilities"

But whatever it passed 400-175 and with that the uk is a tiny bit less shity.

gigawuts
Feb 5, 2013, 02:33 PM
Many people will never ever admit the real reason they're against something, and will instead come up with any, any, any distracting illogical reason to defend their position. I think it's intentionally faulty, because the explanation of why it's faulty completely changes the subject for a decent amount of time.

And that's what they want. They want to delay it and delay it and delay it.

It's the death throes of a wrong argument.

RenzokukenZ
Feb 6, 2013, 02:08 AM
So the uk is currently having a parliamentary debate on same sex marriage and the tory's (uk version of americans republicans) have come out with some really stupid arguments against it. Seriously I don't know what these people are smoking when they are comeing up with stuff like....

"Equality does not mean we should treat everyone the same"
A bunch stuff along the lines of DURRRR we can't redefine marriage.
"christian-phobia"
'Same sex couples can not consummate a marriage'
"This is just for political advantage. People are being PERSECUTED for wanting to protect marriage."
"in the garden of Eden, it was Adam and Steve, it wasn't- uh, it was Adam and Eve"
Someone rambling on about "rights versus responsibilities"

But whatever it passed 400-175 and with that the uk is a tiny bit less shity.

These people established divorce. Give it time.

.Rusty.
Feb 6, 2013, 11:08 AM
These people established divorce. Give it time.

Oh yeah back when we had a king that was a horny fucker and we ended up with a new religion because of it :lol:

But whatever they lost badly and made themselves look like idiots on live TV.

Polly
Feb 6, 2013, 12:45 PM
Many people will never ever admit the real reason they're against something, and will instead come up with any, any, any distracting illogical reason to defend their position. I think it's intentionally faulty, because the explanation of why it's faulty completely changes the subject for a decent amount of time.

And that's what they want. They want to delay it and delay it and delay it.

It's the death throes of a wrong argument.

The last bit of flailing arms and anguished cries of people holding onto antiquated ideals as the people around them trudge forward and the old guard get lost in the dust. It's happening more and more in the world and it's pretty rad.

gigawuts
Feb 6, 2013, 01:08 PM
Indeed. Probably the best thing I've read in years was a headline along the lines of "The anti-gay movement is dying off. Literally."

CelestialBlade
Feb 6, 2013, 01:29 PM
I've been telling myself for years that all this ass-backwards ignorance and bigotry was eventually going to fade in time, as more and more generations embrace the idea of open-mindedness. There's still much work to do, but bravo to the UK on that one. Those who choose not to adapt will simply be left behind, and it's nice to see that sorta natural selection superceding the unenlightened haters.

Sayara
Feb 6, 2013, 02:10 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/536028_10152538243910481_39486063_n.jpg
GHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(it stains so stronk)

.Rusty.
Feb 6, 2013, 05:29 PM
The last bit of flailing arms and anguished cries of people holding onto antiquated ideals as the people around them trudge forward and the old guard get lost in the dust. It's happening more and more in the world and it's pretty rad.

The internet probably helped out a lot with this what with super easy access to information and people having a bigger social circle.

Sp-24
Feb 7, 2013, 10:24 AM
You better not be talking about DmC here, or I'll hit you.

Polly
Feb 7, 2013, 04:42 PM
You better not be talking about DmC here, or I'll hit you.

Uhhh...wut?

BIG OLAF
Feb 7, 2013, 05:04 PM
On that subject, today I was spinning the radio dial whilst working (driving), trying to find other stations to listen to, for fun. I happened upon a Christian preaching station (there's like 5-6 of them in this area alone...), and the pastor was talking about homosexuals and how they're basically subhuman pig-dogs that either need to 'give their body to God', or get cookin' in some eternal Hellfire.

I drove in silence, mouth open and eyes wide for the next ~5 minutes. Because, well, people that think like that actually exist. That's all I have to really say. Also, it's good to know that all the racist/homophobic/whatever old people from the last generation are slowly ceasing to breathe. A better, more accepting global culture is all in due time.

EDIT: Also, we're fucked (http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/files/2013/02/tweetnamewithnovowls.jpg).