PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28

Nitro Vordex
Jun 29, 2013, 10:55 PM
It's a dry heat, hyuk hyuk. It still sucks though. Of course there's a chance of rain on Monday, along with 113 temperatures. GOD I LOVE HUMIDITY.

BIG OLAF
Jun 29, 2013, 11:12 PM
Yeah, it's actually worse here if the AC breaks. The 'official' temperature isn't as high as it is out in the deserts over there in AZ, but with the humidity index, hooo boy.

Enforcer MKV
Jun 30, 2013, 09:28 AM
Read what you write and see if you like the flow, etc. I find it fun, myself.

Ugh, I do this. So much. I've scrapped my 6th version of the next section of my story, and it's maddening. I'm "trying" to go for higher quality.

I've had to resist the urge to scrap everything up to this point and re-write it aaaaaaaaall.

....Gah, I have work soon. Good, need to get my mind off this...

Valkyrie Lovrina
Jun 30, 2013, 01:08 PM
all the time when I'm playing games like BlazBlue or Guilty Gear my thumb gets grinded against the D-Pad and starts to become soar or sometimes rip.

which leads to another thing, fucking May's combo's are impossible to do. like I don't even...how is that incredibly unbelievable accurate timing possible. the very same reason I gave up on playing Taokaka on BlazBlue. that absurdly acurate timing requirement to even play the character.

Scrub
Jun 30, 2013, 01:46 PM
My IRL roommate had the biggest loser ever in his Animal Crossing town, and we would constantly harass and make fun of him, until the dude finally decided to move out a few days ago. Good riddance, right?

GUESS WHERE THE PIECE OF SHIT DECIDED TO MOVE TO.

RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE MAYOR'S OFFICE.

NoiseHERO
Jun 30, 2013, 02:28 PM
My IRL roommate had the biggest loser ever in his Animal Crossing town, and we would constantly harass and make fun of him, until the dude finally decided to move out a few days ago. Good riddance, right?

GUESS WHERE THE PIECE OF SHIT DECIDED TO MOVE TO.

RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE MAYOR'S OFFICE.

That's...

That's hilarious.

What are the odds.

gigawuts
Jun 30, 2013, 02:33 PM
Villagers used to move between towns in Wild World, so they might still do that in New Leaf. I have no idea.

Sayara
Jun 30, 2013, 03:17 PM
if they linked to another town's mayor they can move.

Often my friends villagers comment on how I was a green thumb and vice versa.

redroses
Jul 2, 2013, 08:23 AM
Oh god, I have like 5 five villagers I want out of my town. I don't even. If at least it wasn't so hard to get them out.

Why doesn't this game understand that I want eagles, or a bird, or a ostrich, or more cats and not some stupid sheep, ducks, koalas and goats *cries*. Seriously, I would kill to get Avery in my town. No, I get Frita and Pietro...thank you for nothing.

Outrider
Jul 2, 2013, 10:16 AM
Can't you go to Isabelle and tell her you're having trouble with some of the villagers? I haven't tried it myself, but I assumed that option would allow you to remove villagers that you no longer want in town.

Scrub
Jul 2, 2013, 12:06 PM
That's actually just used in case that neighbor is saying or wearing something inappropriate. It's used to put their sayings/clothes to whatever the default is.

Outrider
Jul 2, 2013, 12:21 PM
Ah, well then.

Have you tried hitting them with an axe?

Scrub
Jul 2, 2013, 12:44 PM
Now you just sound like a little devil sitting on my shoulder.

I have just been completely ignoring him, which has been doing wonders.

gigawuts
Jul 2, 2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah hitting neighbors with tools for a while always got them all riled up and ready to leave in the GC version, give that a try.

Also, pushing them into pitfall seeds and trapping them with holes might be good.

redroses
Jul 2, 2013, 02:43 PM
I have been hitting my villagers with the net, pushing them into pitfall seeds, ignoring them and pushing them. So far, only one has moved out, and that was the one I actually did that the least too.

But the pushing I just started today as I didn't know that makes them angry. So hoppefully that will get them to move out soon ;-;

Polly
Jul 2, 2013, 03:20 PM
Eh, I think all the tactics people make up to try and annoy villagers to make them move really doesn't have much of an effect, and when they do move, it's sheer coincidence. A few days ago one neighbor that called me their "best friend" wanted to move out a day later. I think it's just random chance that's rolled every morning when the day resets at 6am.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 3, 2013, 05:52 PM
Might have lost my job. Been in a bad mood since and upset someone really important to me.

Goodness gracious, today just keeps getting worse and worse.

CelestialBlade
Jul 3, 2013, 05:57 PM
Might have lost my job. Been in a bad mood since and upset someone really important to me.

Goodness gracious, today just keeps getting worse and worse.
Tomorrow's a new day, and every bad beginning has an end. Hope you didn't lose your job, but I will say that if it's someone really important to you, they'll come to understand. Try not to dwell on it.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 3, 2013, 06:06 PM
Tomorrow's a new day, and every bad beginning has an end. Hope you didn't lose your job, but I will say that if it's someone really important to you, they'll come to understand. Try not to dwell on it.

Hopefully I'll have a concrete answer tomorrow. And I think this is more a case of how much she's willing to put up with me, but...hey, we'll see.

Thanks.

EDIT: And now my mother and brother are arguing. Today can't end fast enough.

Noblewine
Jul 4, 2013, 12:42 AM
Eh, depends on the deductions she claimed on her W-4. Really, the ideal state would be neither having to pay nor getting a refund, because that means Uncle Sam isn't taking your money and you didn't get fucked on your paychecks the whole year.

The "bad guy" is our overly complicated and inefficient tax law system. Stuff like that always makes me salute law majors because I do not have the patience to learn all that.

Thanks celestial. That must be it but I feel pretty stupid that I was dumb enough to even talk about that stuff when its really complicated to understand.

I have to start job hunting again and I've been having trouble getting back into the pace of things. I need to fill out some applications and even use the classified ads again. I'm not thrilled. The job I'm currently at said they help me but I feel like I am just being baby sat the whole time. How much are they paying these morons.... I feel like I was lied to or they have their heads up their asses and really don't want to help me. Man, I'm tired of getting jerked around like this. Fuck Goodwills. <.<

Ghost Inside
Jul 4, 2013, 03:55 PM
So... Mum picked up a can of my favourite potato chips today while at the store. Pringles Original, they've been my favourite since forever. But opening up the can today... It just didn't taste right. I thought maybe there was something wrong with my palate, because I had just had lunch. But it really didn't taste like it used to. I looked at the can, it didn't say anything about a change in recipe or anything - but looking at the ingredients listing I noticed that one thing had changed:
Instead of 'sodium acetate' it now simply said 'salt'. Sodium acetate was the secret ingredient! Now it's just table salt!

Was pretty saddened about it, but I thought... "I'll wait a few hours and try them again, just to make sure." And so I did, just a few minutes ago now, and... No, it just doesn't taste right! They just taste like plain salty chips that could be any brand out there! I don't even want to eat them.

So I had to admit... My favourite potato chips are no more. ;_;

Rest in peace, Pringles Original.
You will be missed.

Farewell~
*mourns*

EvilMag
Jul 4, 2013, 03:59 PM
I had the same problem as well. I used to love Pringles but I hate them now. ;-;

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2013, 04:03 PM
Companies do occasionally change recipes without changing the packaging. Sometimes it even varies by the specific factory. You could try a different store, they may have the kind you like.

Or you might have just outgrown your taste for them. Either/or.

Sayara
Jul 4, 2013, 06:17 PM
You work so aggressively different for so long... you forget how to do more usual styles of art (? manga is an art.jpg?)

>:|

Mike
Jul 4, 2013, 07:54 PM
The Japanese release of Dragon's Crown is going to cost twice the price of the English one. That doesn't seem quite right.

gigawuts
Jul 4, 2013, 07:59 PM
I'm actually really interested to see the effects of that with JP gamers. Do you expect some kind of backlash and furor over it, or just a resounding "meh?"

NoiseHERO
Jul 5, 2013, 09:09 PM
SO DAMN HOT

WHO WANTS TO FIGHT?

CelestialBlade
Jul 5, 2013, 09:21 PM
SO DAMN HOT

WHO WANTS TO FIGHT?
Give me your heat, I like it hot D:

NoiseHERO
Jul 5, 2013, 09:32 PM
Give me your heat, I like it hot D:

Let's trade.

CelestialBlade
Jul 5, 2013, 09:35 PM
Let's trade.
Kay.

*dumps buckets of rain and clouds on you*

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2013, 09:45 PM
Kay.

*dumps buckets of rain and clouds on you*

What if we have both rain & clouds and heat?

CelestialBlade
Jul 5, 2013, 09:48 PM
What if we have both rain & clouds and heat?
Then you have what I have. But I want heat and sunshine, dammit. It's nowhere near hot enough on this planet...darn humans and beep-boops.

BIG OLAF
Jul 5, 2013, 10:14 PM
Then you have what I have.

Trust me, you don't have what we have. We have a blast furnace/sauna that randomly decides to become the Amazon Rainforest in terms of rainfall in the blink of an eye. Oh, and hurricanes.

Speaking of which, I wonder where they're at anyway. Weather douches said this year would be 'bad'. Well, it really doesn't start kicking up until August, so..

gigawuts
Jul 5, 2013, 10:17 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

do not provoke them

it's been a pretty easy season around here

CelestialBlade
Jul 5, 2013, 10:34 PM
WE HAVE FUCKIN METEORS

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA

Nitro Vordex
Jul 5, 2013, 11:00 PM
Speaking of which, I wonder where they're at anyway. Weather douches said this year would be 'bad'. Well, it really doesn't start kicking up until August, so..
Yeah where the hell is my monsoon at damn it. I need that raging storm.

I need more of this:

http://www.weatherpix.com/arizona1.jpg

Preferably with none of this:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/07/06/article-2011713-0CE2030700000578-426_964x626.jpg

Sayara
Jul 6, 2013, 04:29 PM
"If i could sum up my work atmosphere these last few days with inventory looming..." (http://sayara.tumblr.com/post/54778214874/if-i-could-sum-up-the-atmosphere-at-work-right)

Polly
Jul 8, 2013, 12:28 PM
Ryan Davis of Giant Bomb passed away on July 3rd, mere days after his wedding. The joy, fantastic stories, and insight the man brought to my favorite hobby will be goddamn missed.

Fuck, this sucks. :'(

CelestialBlade
Jul 8, 2013, 02:45 PM
Ryan Davis of Giant Bomb passed away on July 3rd, mere days after his wedding. The joy, fantastic stories, and insight the man brought to my favorite hobby will be goddamn missed.

Fuck, this sucks. :'(
I read this during lunch today, sad story. I'm not a very regular Giant Bomb follower but you gotta feel for a young guy (34) that was recently married and contributed so much to fans worldwide when something like this happens. Life is so fleeting...

I hope the GB community has established something for his widow, like a fund?

Outrider
Jul 8, 2013, 04:00 PM
I read this during lunch today, sad story. I'm not a very regular Giant Bomb follower but you gotta feel for a young guy (34) that was recently married and contributed so much to fans worldwide when something like this happens. Life is so fleeting...

I hope the GB community has established something for his widow, like a fund?

I saw some people posting about setting something up, so hopefully there will be a fund.

I also didn't frequent Giant Bomb, but I know a lot of people who were fans and I recognized most of these guys from their previous work. Even if I didn't, it's still such a sad story to hear. I feel bad for his wife; having something very sudden and very tragic happen to your significant other is traumatizing at best. I hope her and the rest of his family will be okay.

BIG OLAF
Jul 8, 2013, 04:27 PM
I have no idea who that guy is, or what 'Giant Bomb' is (though, through context, I'm guessing it's a gaming website), but wow! Someone so young, and who just got married, dying suddenly? That's really horrible and I feel really bad for his widow, and family. If that community does start some sort of fund for his survived loved ones, someone please send me the link, because I'd like to give to them.

What was I in here for again...? Oh, right. Apparently the little parking lights on my mom's car decided to just stay on all weekend (from when I came home Friday night until this morning), so her battery is just about dead. Need to get my brother over here tomorrow to help jump it so I can recharge it. No fuckin' idea how the parking lights just stayed on; I didn't mess with anything in the car, and they always went off by themselves before.

CelestialBlade
Jul 8, 2013, 05:03 PM
I have no idea who that guy is, or what 'Giant Bomb' is (though, through context, I'm guessing it's a gaming website), but wow! Someone so young, and who just got married, dying suddenly? That's really horrible and I feel really bad for his widow, and family. If that community does start some sort of fund for his survived loved ones, someone please send me the link, because I'd like to give to them.

What was I in here for again...? Oh, right. Apparently the little parking lights on my mom's car decided to just stay on all weekend (from when I came home Friday night until this morning), so her battery is just about dead. Need to get my brother over here tomorrow to help jump it so I can recharge it. No fuckin' idea how the parking lights just stayed on; I didn't mess with anything in the car, and they always went off by themselves before.
Likely a stuck switch; I'd guess the one depressed by the brake pedal. Most dealers/shops will fix that free of charge.

Noblewine
Jul 9, 2013, 06:55 PM
I had to drive dad to the hospital yesterday when his stomach was bugging him. He called today and the tests he underwent said he is okay and he has no life threatening risk with his problems with is stomach so I'm not as upset today.

Mike
Jul 9, 2013, 08:00 PM
Likely a stuck switch; I'd guess the one depressed by the brake pedal. Most dealers/shops will fix that free of charge.
I can vouch for this. Something similar happened to me a year a two ago. Took it to my usual mechanic and they fixed it for free.

o0Kais0o
Jul 10, 2013, 06:10 AM
Excessive heat is being excessively hot. I hate summer.

.Rusty.
Jul 10, 2013, 06:13 AM
I really wish people would stop making sweeping generalizations about civil rights groups and sociology based solely on tumblr bullshit.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2013, 07:39 AM
based solely on tumblr bullshit.

i found your problem

Enforcer MKV
Jul 10, 2013, 09:10 AM
Last week I checked my schedule and the week after next, (Meaning the week of the 17th) didn't have any hours. Asked around, everyone else had hours. Thought I was laid off. Go in, ask around, sounds like I'm gonna be laid off.

Check schedule last night and the week of the 22nd I have hours. That's like a week's worth of fear and worry that just disappeared. Still need to check, but hey, hours. I feel semi weightless still. Man that's such an odd feeling. @_@;;;

Also...I have the entire week of EP2s release off because of this...

Maaaan, Violet is getting SO much attention when the 17th rolls around.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2013, 09:11 AM
People who try to post in ciphers on facebook and then get mega angry when you crack it and start chiming in. In the cipher. The one that's heinously easy to crack because it's just rearranged letters.

Fucking lol.

on facebook
I found my own problem.

CelestialBlade
Jul 10, 2013, 06:01 PM
Massive power outage hitting Louisville after a nasty storm blew through here. Entering hour 5 of it as I type this. I've been through a week-long outage, so no big deal, but it kinda sucks when you go out to look at storm damage, find a huge tree down with fallen power lines RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, and you can't do anything about it. I called it in, but I hate the waiting game.

Polly
Jul 10, 2013, 06:28 PM
Massive power outage hitting Louisville after a nasty storm blew through here. Entering hour 5 of it as I type this. I've been through a week-long outage, so no big deal, but it kinda sucks when you go out to look at storm damage, find a huge tree down with fallen power lines RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, and you can't do anything about it. I called it in, but I hate the waiting game.

Yep, some pretty bad shit rolled through here too. Power's still out where I'm at, not sure of any other damage at the moment.

Sayara
Jul 10, 2013, 08:52 PM
Regardless of the efforts you do. Its not our fault your inventory sucks.
Said the company. .5% off my ass!

CelestialBlade
Jul 13, 2013, 09:40 PM
Predictably, now people act like they were there during the Zimmerman shooting because clearly they know every single fucking detail so obviously their five-second opinions are fully validated. Also, the stupidity of trying to fight racism with racism.

For the uninitiated, Zimmerman was found not guilty and the Internet is already exploding. And everyone acts like they know everything, naturally.

Polly
Jul 14, 2013, 12:57 AM
Fuck the Florida. Internet rage! (I don't watch news anymore anyway xD)

Also fuck throbbing eye pain.

AUGLHGLHGLHGLHGLH!

Dr.No
Jul 14, 2013, 03:47 AM
Predictably, now people act like they were there during the Zimmerman shooting because clearly they know every single fucking detail so obviously their five-second opinions are fully validated. Also, the stupidity of trying to fight racism with racism.

For the uninitiated, Zimmerman was found not guilty and the Internet is already exploding. And everyone acts like they know everything, naturally.

That's just pathetic that the guy got away with murder. I can see why people are mad about this issue honestly, because it is bullshit that he got away with what he did. It also sets an poor precedent in potential future issues like this. At the very least, he got a trial.

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2013, 07:45 AM
I just can't wait for it all the dust to settle and people to get over it. It's taking a lot of my effort as it is to not flip at people who don't understand the laws of the state and/or why things turned out the way they did.

Though, I am fortunate that my Facebook feed was not blown up with whining after the verdict was announced. Gladly, none of my family nor friends give a fuck, as they shouldn't. As twisted as this will sound, it's fortunate that guy from Glee died when he did, since they were far more concerned about that.

gigawuts
Jul 14, 2013, 07:56 AM
I thought people were joking when they were saying white people wouldn't care, hispanic people would be overjoyed, and black people would be mad.

Any white friends I have that have something to say? They just want to move past it. Any hispanic friends I have that have something to say? Overjoyed, saying if Trayvon was white it wouldn't be in the news, etc. (I'm actually really disappointed on this here :/ ) Any black friends I have that have something to say? Actually they're quite reasonable and not saying anything. Or I never added any on facebook. I don't actually know...I've only added like 20 friends on facebook.

But still. I wish people realized that trials aren't about what happened, but what can be proven. There was not enough evidence to convict. What people should be mad about is that he was legally able to just walk around in the dark with a gun like that in the first place. Second amendment aside, a lot of people who carry guns only do so because they want a reason to use them. That's a very, very real problem. Some advice you'll see passed around between certain kinds of gun owners is when you're involved in a shooting, make sure your story is the only one being told to the cops.

It is what it is. I'm more worried about the copycats that have just been inspired than Zimmerman. Zimmerman is set for life with the book deals he'll be able to get now. I can't wait for "If I Did It: Zimmerman Edition."

Zeota
Jul 14, 2013, 12:10 PM
I don't think he'll be done with the judicial system anytime soon. And I'm sure there are already people lined up to bleed him dry, whether he makes any money off this or not. The NAACP is already wanting the DOJ to file civil rights charges. The charge they're after carries the death penalty though I doubt it would stick.

BIG OLAF
Jul 14, 2013, 10:14 PM
...and, of course, President Obama has had to issue statements urging 'certain groups' of people to keep their cool and not, oh, riot in the streets in the wake of the verdict. As babyish as I feel these types 'protests' are, they're no problem, but things could very well spark out of control at any minute.

and call me 'racist' if you want for this (even though I'm not trying to be; I'm just being real), but I, personally, am worried about my own safety if things get out of control and do spread, as I live right on the borderline of a, let's call it, "urban" neighborhood known for lots of gun-related violence

NoiseHERO
Jul 15, 2013, 03:02 AM
...and, of course, President Obama has had to issue statements

Stupid modern day social networking making the president waste his time.

gigawuts
Jul 15, 2013, 07:40 AM
Yeah he could be listening in on phonecalls.

I wonder whatever happened to media sensationalism. It doesn't get anymore sensationalist than the government spying on everything you do. That's such an easy thing to whine about on 24 hour news! Where's the 24 hour whining?

Outrider
Jul 15, 2013, 10:18 AM
and call me 'racist' if you want for this (even though I'm not trying to be; I'm just being real), but I, personally, am worried about my own safety if things get out of control and do spread, as I live right on the borderline of a, let's call it, "urban" neighborhood known for lots of gun-related violence

Yeah, that's pretty racist.

The saddest thing here is that the system worked exactly how it was supposed to. If there was ever a sign that the laws in Florida need to be changed, it's this.

ALSO: Apparently Zimmerman's brother said on the news that he hopes people don't resort to vigilante justice as a result of the verdict.

The verdict in the trial about his brother acting like a vigilante.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 15, 2013, 11:06 AM

...If the neighborhood is known as a place where gun related violence happens on a regular basis, and as a result you're worried about your well-being...then no, not racist.

Eh...this whole situation...I don't agree with the verdict, not with how I understand the events that transpired...either way, holding my breath for the next week or so...

BIG OLAF
Jul 15, 2013, 03:56 PM
Yeah, that's pretty racist.

Mmmm, I disagree. It's a bad place, where lots of bad things happen every night. I don't see how me stating facts and being viably concerned about my safety is 'racist'. I would feel the same way about any neighborhood like that, no matter what 'race' of people occupied it. It just happens that this certain neighborhood right next to where I lay my head at night happens to be full of those whom would react strongly to this trial verdict business. It's not racist; it's being concerned and sensible given the facts. I actually heard (much, much more than usual) angry yelling last night before I went to sleep.

EDIT: also, from what I've pieced together at work, one of two things is going to happen within the next couple of months-

1. I'm going to get promoted to the Parts Counter.
2. I'm going to get laid off.

There's a small chance neither will happen, but that's doubtful. *holds breath*

Volcompat321
Jul 15, 2013, 09:14 PM
Mmmm, I disagree. It's a bad place, where lots of bad things happen every night. I don't see how me stating facts and being viably concerned about my safety is 'racist'. I would feel the same way about any neighborhood like that, no matter what 'race' of people occupied it. It just happens that this certain neighborhood right next to where I lay my head at night happens to be full of those whom would react strongly to this trial verdict business. It's not racist; it's being concerned and sensible given the facts. I actually heard (much, much more than usual) angry yelling last night before I went to sleep.

EDIT: also, from what I've pieced together at work, one of two things is going to happen within the next couple of months-

1. I'm going to get promoted to the Parts Counter.
2. I'm going to get laid off.

There's a small chance neither will happen, but that's doubtful. *holds breath*

As someone that lives relatively close to you, I can attest to the type of area it is.
I own many guns, and this is a reason I believe I should.

If people want to cite riots, because of one thing, then they're no better than the person they want dead.
Eye for an eye, which is NOT justice.
The majority of Black people want to see this guy hanged. That is not justice, that is revenge.
Making an example of someone, not to mess with them....

Anyway, gun violence or not. I have mine, and always carry, unless I'm at work. In that case, it's in the locker or car.

I say let a person come at me or my family for being White.
I have taken many self defense classes, and my job consists of being in many dangerous situations daily.
I believe I can protect myself.

.Rusty.
Jul 16, 2013, 06:44 AM
Guys you have to understand that the black community is angry not just because some dude shot another dude and got away with it but because of the larger issues this case represents. Stuff like how the police does not take crime committed against black people seriously while at the same time profiling them as more likely to be committing a crime.

Self defence / stand your ground trails also have a heavy racial bias.

http://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2013/07/13/stand-your-ground-laws-increases-racial-bias-in-justifiable-homicide-trials/

So a lot of them are worried about their own safety.

Anduril
Jul 16, 2013, 10:10 AM
(weighing in on the current conversation before going into my, in the larger scheme of things, minor vent: I feel that he could have gotten jail time had this not become a race issue, but because of the pressure put on the prosecution to lean that way, they weakened their case. This gets me on the filing of the Civil Rights suit: the crux of that is proving that Zimmerman is a straight up racist, which may not work out so well since it still brings in the same doubts from the criminal case. Now if they just went for a civil wrongful-death suit there might be at least some form of guilt placed upon him because then the main point would be he is a gun-happy, psuedo-vigilante who was told by police not to leave his car, and by disobeying he put himself in the situation where he shot Martin.)

Right then; last scheduled Utterly Profound, I get killed by an arm thrust, a couple of people see me, but don't revive. I see the last arm destroyed, so I decide to just head back to campship so I can at least get the drops; as the loading screen for the campship comes up, they defeat him. Unfortunately for me, this causes my screen to turn completely white and I am unable to get down back to the battlefield to collect the loot because I can't see a damn thing. I can hear all the sound effects, but nothing shows up on the screen, no character, no menu, nothing except for the white. Fun times...

Ketchup345
Jul 17, 2013, 12:09 AM
Tried baking cookies last week. They failed. After some asking around, determined that my dad had an error when he typed the recipe out, which meant I needed another cup of flour. I tried to save it by adding more flour today, but I think it was too late to work.

Went to have a piece of garlic bread loaf (bread, with garlic chunks baked into it) after work today. Before I opened it, noticed a green and black fluffy spot on it.

On my way home yesterday got stuck behind someone who thought that, on a one lane per direction road, 15-20 mph was acceptable with a speed limit of 35. Also they braked to slow down very often for no reason. Even laying on the the didn't help get them moving.
A week or two before this, I got stuck a few cars behind a tractor on the same road that also took the same turn I took. I think that moved at 15-20mph.

NoiseHERO
Jul 20, 2013, 01:18 AM
My whole apartment feels like a car that's been in the sun for 14 hours...

I want to cry...

#fuck summer #severe first world problems #I wanna punch everyone #cold shower #fuck PSO2

Polly
Jul 20, 2013, 07:52 AM
Lol another "Dear Lesbian Heathen of Satan/we hate you/move out" anonymous letter in the ol' mailbox this morning. That's two in a year.

Of course, when you know it's the people that live right next door to you because they like to openly AND VERY LOUDLY talk about "the gays ruining this town" on their front porch when they think anyone who may have THE GAYS is within earshot, I don't think signing it "Anonymous Faithful Children of Christ" is really hiding anything.

CelestialBlade
Jul 20, 2013, 08:22 AM
Gah, another one? Make sure the police get it. I'd be very temped to write back and go "I thought God loved everyone? You guys are terrible followers."

Though in truth they're just incapable of handling the sexy.

Polly
Jul 20, 2013, 08:23 AM
Gah, another one? Make sure the police get it. I'd be very temped to write back and go "I thought God loved everyone? You guys are terrible followers."

Though in truth they're just incapable of handling the sexy.

Yeah, dropping it off at the police when I head out this morning. I'm also thinking of getting a photocopy made and throwing it in an unmarked envelope and dropping it in their mailbox.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 08:31 AM
Just write "Love thy neighbor" on a note and paste it to their door.

BIG OLAF
Jul 20, 2013, 08:40 AM
Lol another "Dear Lesbian Heathen of Satan/we hate you/move out" anonymous letter in the ol' mailbox this morning. That's two in a year.

That's seriously fucked up. 'Religion of Peace' my ass. I can't imagine how it has to be to live like that sometimes. I'm sorry that kind of crap happens to you and anyone else.

Sure cracks me up how those people say "only God can judge", and then proceed to, well, judge.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 08:44 AM
But you see we're all humans and we are inherently programmed to sin so it's okay also if you apologize at church you can still get into heaven even if you're a colossal sinning dick so it's cool breh.

CelestialBlade
Jul 20, 2013, 10:04 AM
But you see we're all humans and we are inherently programmed to sin so it's okay also if you apologize at church you can still get into heaven even if you're a colossal sinning dick so it's cool breh.
Also if you tweet the Pope you can ask for reduced stays in Purgatory.

Seriously.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2013, 10:29 AM
I...

That's not a thing.

No, it's not.

Please tell me it's not.

CelestialBlade
Jul 20, 2013, 10:34 AM
I...

That's not a thing.

No, it's not.

Please tell me it's not.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/16/vatican-indulgences-pope-francis-tweets

Yeah, I don't know either.

.Rusty.
Jul 20, 2013, 10:53 AM
Yeah, dropping it off at the police when I head out this morning. I'm also thinking of getting a photocopy made and throwing it in an unmarked envelope and dropping it in their mailbox.

Are you or the neighbours renting? any landlords involved should be concerned with that shit going on.

Enforcer MKV
Jul 20, 2013, 02:21 PM
That's seriously fucked up. 'Religion of Peace' my ass. I can't imagine how it has to be to live like that sometimes. I'm sorry that kind of crap happens to you and anyone else.

Sure cracks me up how those people say "only God can judge", and then proceed to, well, judge.

You don't even have to be gay or lesbian for that to happen; Just say you don't follow that faith and some people get all sorts of riled up. Had a 'friend' (Puh!) constantly reminding me I was going to burn in hell because I didn't believe. Felt great when I finally released 5+ years of holding back on him in the span of 30 minutes. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

At any rate, I'm really sorry to hear about that, Polly. Hope the police straighten them out something fierce.

Outrider
Jul 21, 2013, 11:03 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/16/vatican-indulgences-pope-francis-tweets

Yeah, I don't know either.

In all fairness, hundreds of years ago the big thing to do was to pay a tithe to the church to reduce your time spent in purgatory.

The pope is just modernizing it!

Also? Sorry to hear about the bigots next door.

Randomness
Jul 21, 2013, 07:51 PM
PSO2 still not out in NA... but JP still getting big updates.

I hate SoJ.

CelestialBlade
Jul 21, 2013, 08:28 PM
PSO2 still not out in NA... but JP still getting big updates.

I hate SoJ.
Even so, it's just the same drip-feed system from PSU. If PSO2 Ep2 goes anything like AotI did, you won't be seeing anything else remotely new for at least another 6 months. There at the beginning of PSO2 I thought they had learned, but evidently not. Still, back to your point, it's definitely insulting that we're barely given the time of day from them regarding a US release, despite the obvious interest evident by the heavy international presence on JP servers.

Randomness
Jul 21, 2013, 10:57 PM
Even so, it's just the same drip-feed system from PSU. If PSO2 Ep2 goes anything like AotI did, you won't be seeing anything else remotely new for at least another 6 months. There at the beginning of PSO2 I thought they had learned, but evidently not. Still, back to your point, it's definitely insulting that we're barely given the time of day from them regarding a US release, despite the obvious interest evident by the heavy international presence on JP servers.

To some degree, I'm glad they're only JP servers though - I can still hope they don't do some of the more annoying monetization stateside.

Mike
Jul 21, 2013, 11:21 PM
To some degree, I'm glad they're only JP servers though - I can still hope they don't do some of the more annoying monetization stateside.
I had hoped the same thing but I'm fairly sure now that non-Japanese versions will be monetized in more or less the same way the Japanese version works.

gigawuts
Jul 21, 2013, 11:24 PM
Yeah I'm not seeing that changing. I was for a while, and in that imaginary scenario the game would've at least had a planned beta by now. But, well, no.

Randomness
Jul 22, 2013, 06:28 AM
I can still hope, dammit!

Atbar
Jul 24, 2013, 10:29 AM
Being poor sucks. That is all.

xBladeM6x
Jul 25, 2013, 08:29 AM
I miss playing PSU with people, more than I should. Before someone suggests PSO2, it just doesn't have the same "feel". It feels more disconnected in a way I suppose. I suppose it's the fond nostalgic memories coming to kick my ass like it did with those who played PSO. Now I know how those poor bastards felt when PSU was the new kid on the block.

Polly
Jul 25, 2013, 10:46 PM
More and more I'm convinced that the game community in no way hates the preps, jocks, and bullies of the world for the fact that they were mean to them. Just seems to me that they're jealous they're not the ones that are/were in that position with the way they treat each other.

Zyrusticae
Jul 26, 2013, 02:16 PM
I didn't even know I could be this angry about such a trivial thing, but seeing someone completely fuck up cooking spaghetti multiple times has crossed a threshold with me.

I mean HOW can you FUCK UP SPAGHETTI? Let alone THIS MUCH! I mean, for fuck's sake, when the noodles have no resistance at all, that's not even fucking spaghetti anymore! It's fucking GARBAGE! It's not even fit to feed dogs with! Why would you cook it for that long!? Why!? IT IS INCONCEIVABLE! THERE IS NO EXCUSE! There is not a single goddamn soul on this entire goddamn planet who wants to eat soggy fucking spaghetti! STOP THAT!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

BIG OLAF
Jul 26, 2013, 04:48 PM
Anyone see this? Easily the one of the Top 10 most disgusting things I've ever read (and I've been into the bowels of the internet and back).

[spoiler-box]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/russiangay.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Yes, that's right, they were doing this to kids as young as 12.

This, of course, comes in the wake of Russia's ban on all things 'gay', including support rallies or even public mention of one's own homosexuality. Fucking putrid.

Polly
Jul 26, 2013, 05:19 PM
*opens window*
*steps onto ledge*
*swan dives*

This world's fucked. Humanity is over and rightly deserves to be.

gigawuts
Jul 26, 2013, 05:22 PM
Russia what the fuck are you doing to me today. First the no extradition of Snowden, then shit like this.

Russia what the fuck.

NoiseHERO
Jul 26, 2013, 05:52 PM
I didn't even know I could be this angry about such a trivial thing, but seeing someone completely fuck up cooking spaghetti multiple times has crossed a threshold with me.

I mean HOW can you FUCK UP SPAGHETTI? Let alone THIS MUCH! I mean, for fuck's sake, when the noodles have no resistance at all, that's not even fucking spaghetti anymore! It's fucking GARBAGE! It's not even fit to feed dogs with! Why would you cook it for that long!? Why!? IT IS INCONCEIVABLE! THERE IS NO EXCUSE! There is not a single goddamn soul on this entire goddamn planet who wants to eat soggy fucking spaghetti! STOP THAT!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/49ffde4cd4e32948a0606acc92217637/tumblr_mo0axwQxDV1ry9rq1o6_250.gif

Enforcer MKV
Jul 26, 2013, 10:13 PM
Anyone see this? Easily the one of the Top 10 most disgusting things I've ever read (and I've been into the bowels of the internet and back).

[spoiler-box]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/russiangay.jpg[/spoiler-box]

This, of course, comes in the wake of Russia's ban on all things 'gay', including support rallies or even public mention of one's own homosexuality. Fucking putrid.

People are going to mark me as one of those "Right wing extremist gun nuts." [Spoilers: I'm not.]

I'd have no problem waltzing into Russia with a bolt action rifle, setting up on a roof, and plugging every one of these fuckers in the head. No, I don't fucking care what anyone thinks; this enrages me, no short of enrages. I like to consider myself a (normally) peaceful person, but this...

These people are running around, torturing children. Children. These people deserve to die. And I hope they suffer a slow, painful death.

Guh, I have to do something else. If I keep typing I might get myself banned.

CelestialBlade
Jul 26, 2013, 10:25 PM

And we call ourselves "civilized". It's fucking embarrassing. There's a very large part of me that hopes our space colonization efforts fail miserably and nature one day reclaims this planet, wiping away any evidence of everything we've done. It astonishes me daily how unenlightened and unevolved our species still largely behaves.

In further enraging news, the cause of the mass death of honeybees? Pesticides and insecticides are essentially inducing something like HIV in bees, destroying their immune systems. So not only are we killing our own species with the fucking chemical shit that giants like Monsanto shove into everything to turn a profit, we're literally about to annihilate a crucial part of agriculture worldwide.

A species "made in the image of God?" Only humans could come up with such an absurdly false idea, or an absurdly incompetent God. Fuck.

Atbar
Jul 27, 2013, 12:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j1xzezy8k4

Outrider
Jul 29, 2013, 06:00 PM
It has been a rough day. I accidentally posted these in the wrong topic!

1.) Fuck. They had a meeting today to let everybody know that one of our coworkers passed away over the weekend. I didn't know him terribly well, but I had worked with him a number of times and he was always a good guy. This sucks. He was pretty young, too... probably late 20s. Ugh.

2.) And less important, but it turns out I had the day of my flight wrong and I actually leave tomorrow. I only noticed it when I was in the car to the airport. That was a stupid, expensive mistake to make.

Ketchup345
Jul 29, 2013, 06:35 PM
It has been a rough day. I accidentally posted these in the wrong topic!

1.) Fuck. They had a meeting today to let everybody know that one of our coworkers passed away over the weekend. I didn't know him terribly well, but I had worked with him a number of times and he was always a good guy. This sucks. He was pretty young, too... probably late 20s. Ugh.

2.) And less important, but it turns out I had the day of my flight wrong and I actually leave tomorrow. I only noticed it when I was in the car to the airport. That was a stupid, expensive mistake to make.1) Was the cause natural or other?

2) That sucks. How much did you lose?

Mike
Jul 29, 2013, 06:42 PM
2.) And less important, but it turns out I had the day of my flight wrong and I actually leave tomorrow. I only noticed it when I was in the car to the airport. That was a stupid, expensive mistake to make.
I guess that's better than finding out you were supposed to leave the day before.

Outrider
Jul 29, 2013, 10:22 PM
1) Was the cause natural or other?

2) That sucks. How much did you lose?

1.) They said they didn't have any more information. I'm not really inclined to pry either, y'know? Like I said, I worked with the guy a few times, but wasn't terribly close with him. It definitely wasn't expected though. He hadn't been sick or anything. I saw him in the office just last week.

2.) Err... enough? I dunno man, I just feel stupid about the whole thing.

I guess that's better than finding out you were supposed to leave the day before.

Ha, yeah.

BIG OLAF
Jul 30, 2013, 03:51 PM
The iHeartRadio Music Festival was/is advertised as a showcase of 'all genres' of music.

However, 90% of the artists lined up for the show are the same pop artists we see and hear regurgitated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ov-

Oh wait, there's like two 'country' artists and 30 Seconds to Mars, who I guess is rock.

Also, Elton John should be advertised as the headlining performance, not Justin Timberlake or whoever. That man has done more for music than any of those other shlubs ever will. Reading his name next-to-last on the lineup is major disrespect to Sir Elton.

xBladeM6x
Jul 31, 2013, 03:19 AM
The iHeartRadio Music Festival was/is advertised as a showcase of 'all genres' of music.

However, 90% of the artists lined up for the show are the same pop artists we see and hear regurgitated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ov-

Oh wait, there's like two 'country' artists and 30 Seconds to Mars, who I guess is rock.

Also, Elton John should be advertised as the headlining performance, not Justin Timberlake or whoever. That man has done more for music than any of those other shlubs ever will. Reading his name next-to-last on the lineup is major disrespect to Sir Elton.
Taking from the last page, they essentially did this.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/49ffde4cd4e32948a0606acc92217637/tumblr_mo0axwQxDV1ry9rq1o6_250.gif

A big bowl of pop stars with other things sprinkled on. Nothing like good ol' false advertising.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 31, 2013, 09:26 AM
I just want to sleep. That's all. But my body seems fit to stay up until five in the morning. and then still refuse to sleep. I'd like to actually wake up before noon more often than not, honestly. :disapprove:

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2013, 09:31 AM
If possible, try a full day rotation, but then make sure to rigidly stick to a schedule as your body will be wondering why the F you stayed up mega late one day but suddenly you don't want to do that again.

Atbar
Jul 31, 2013, 02:43 PM
Another thing is to get some headache medicine with PM formula.

Ketchup345
Jul 31, 2013, 11:44 PM
I just want to sleep. That's all. But my body seems fit to stay up until five in the morning. and then still refuse to sleep. I'd like to actually wake up before noon more often than not, honestly. :disapprove:I occasionally get that.

Do you have issues staying asleep once you are sleeping? Or is getting to sleep the only issue? If you have no issue staying asleep, look into Zzzquil (pharmacy, over the counter, probably right next to Nyquil/Dayquil). ZzzQuil has no medical benefits other than assisting you to get to sleep. ZzzQuil seems to work for me within 10-20mins. It comes in both liquid and capsule form (I went with liquid since it should kick in sooner).

Polly
Aug 3, 2013, 09:35 AM
Axl Rose is still singing and he needs to STAAAAAAAAHP! x(

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2013, 04:39 PM
I have no interest in using medicine to help me sleep, for fear of having to rely on it afterward. I've tried staying awake but the day drags on relentlessly if I do.

gigawuts
Aug 3, 2013, 04:50 PM
Rely? How do you mean?

Do you mean in a habit forming way, or that you just couldn't sleep without it? Because by the sounds of things you can't sleep now, so worst case scenario you're just back at square one.

And yes, the days will do that. It can be a struggle. Too much caffeine for one day can help, but only to a point. I guess it varies from person to person.

Ketchup345
Aug 4, 2013, 12:55 AM
I have no interest in using medicine to help me sleep, for fear of having to rely on it afterward. I've tried staying awake but the day drags on relentlessly if I do.I usually am against it as well. But when it is 3:30 AM and you have an alarm going off to wake you before somewhere between 6 AM and 7AM, to work for 8 hours, you kind of have to find something to help you sleep.

That one claims not to be habit forming. My usage of it seems to agree, as I think out of the ~16 uses the bottle has, I've only used 3 over the course of a month.

Hey Facebook, it is useless to let me choose a preference between Top and Most Recent Stories if you are going to reset it to Top every time I open the app anyway. Even on the proper website I have it set to Most Recent, and somehow I see stuff that is timestamped yesterday coming up above stuff posted 2 hours ago.

BIG OLAF
Aug 4, 2013, 01:33 AM
There are still people with firm beliefs that only white people can be racist, and only men can be sexist.

Wha-

I jus-

One of them even tried to justify said beliefs by mentioning they had a degree in biology.

Oka-

I'm tryi-

fbui3ruioeioqdwfuckpobebniot4mkhjm

Atbar
Aug 4, 2013, 09:49 AM
^Last time I checked, there's this in JP:

[spoiler-box]http://www.wordpress.tokyotimes.org/archives/nakano_maid_sign02.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Just an example of racism happening outside of white people.

.Rusty.
Aug 4, 2013, 02:10 PM
There are still people with firm beliefs that only white people can be racist

You mean like when people were saying George Zimmerman's actions could not have been motivated by racism in any way because he is Hispanic?

and only men can be sexist.

well that's bullshit there are plenty of women who hold pa.. err shity sexist views.
"Pro life" toxic ideas about how men and women should behave etc.

One of them even tried to justify said beliefs by mentioning they had a degree in biology.

Actually this one is rather common they just normally call themselves evolutionary psychologists.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 6, 2013, 11:05 AM
I'm tired of getting my hopes up just to have them completely and repeatedly dashed.

So. f***ing. Tired.

Palle
Aug 6, 2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks to my credit union for cancelling my debit card in the midst of a vacation week and not sending a replacement.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 12, 2013, 02:34 PM
Feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest for the N'th time already...

This is freaking ridiculous...X_X

BIG OLAF
Aug 12, 2013, 05:12 PM
Feel like my heart has been ripped out of my chest for the N'th time already...

This is freaking ridiculous...X_X

I'd like to know who the hell these girls(?) are you're getting involved with that keeping setting you up and playing you like that. Gotta learn from past mistakes!

unless that's not what you mean; i'm just assuming it's a romantic thing

Enforcer MKV
Aug 12, 2013, 06:19 PM
I'd like to know who the hell these girls(?) are you're getting involved with that keeping setting you up and playing you like that. Gotta learn from past mistakes!

unless that's not what you mean; i'm just assuming it's a romantic thing

Eh, partly. A lot of little things piling up. Also: I'm really bad at this avoiding drama thing, it seems. Drama freaking everywhere. Can't peeps just...talk it out?

That or I'm just stupid. <--- It's probably this, now that I think about it.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 12, 2013, 07:23 PM
Don't put your :wacko: in crazy.

Sayara
Aug 12, 2013, 07:24 PM
That feeling where you make a bad pun and it goes totally south pole.

sigh...

BIG OLAF
Aug 12, 2013, 11:12 PM
Eh, partly. A lot of little things piling up. Also: I'm really bad at this avoiding drama thing, it seems. Drama freaking everywhere. Can't peeps just...talk it out?

Avoiding drama? 'Talking it out'? Have you met humanity? 'Talk it out' is the last thing anyone ever wants to do....ever.

Ever.

But, no, you're not stupid.

Atbar
Aug 13, 2013, 08:27 AM
A co-worker that thinks he knows how to do everything and tries to act like a manager when he's not but doesn't actually know how to do anything.
:argh:

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2013, 08:29 AM

Often times the verbal duking it out is them talking it out. If anything trying to stop the argument only draws it out and makes it worse for everyone.

Some of my best friends and I have had major, major, major arguments, and as soon as the debris settled we popped into a game and had fun for a few rounds. It's just how some people operate.

A co-worker that thinks he knows how to do everything and tries to act like a manager when he's not but doesn't actually know how to do anything.
:argh:

ask for demonstrations because he clearly knows how to do your job better than you do

Ketchup345
Aug 14, 2013, 08:25 PM
The extraction I did yesterday failed. The good: I got the practice. The bad: I kind of needed it to be successful to move on with my training. Bonus: I confused my supervisor who watched me perform it, since she said everything I did looked right.

Edit: Went to order something tonight. Had it sitting in my cart for days (or a week+). Tonight, when I opened Firefox, my cart was empty. Go to the item page and it says "This item temporarily not available for shipping."

Polly
Aug 16, 2013, 08:49 AM
"gamers" (I fucking hate that term) threaten the children of, threaten to rape, get phone number and address of and harass a BioWare writer and she leaves the industry because of said harassment. A large section of that audience's reaction is "good" and "lol now she knows not to fuck with true gamerzzzzzzz."

The perception that people who play games are anti-social, maladjusted, sexist, misogynistic lunatics is never going to go away because shit like this keeps happening and only proves it to be true.

o0Kais0o
Aug 16, 2013, 09:08 AM
"gamers" (I fucking hate that term) threaten the children of, threaten to rape, get phone number and address of and harass a BioWare writer and she leaves the industry because of said harassment. A large section of that audience's reaction is "good" and "lol now she knows not to fuck with true gamerzzzzzzz."

The perception that people who play games are anti-social, maladjusted, sexist, misogynistic lunatics is never going to go away because shit like this keeps happening and only proves it to be true.

What. The. Fuck? How, at any point can anybody believe themselves to be in the right for acting like that?! I legitimately do not understand how they can justify themselves.

What did she even do to get the attention of these twisted pricks anyway?

Edit: Ok nvm, just googled it. A Cancer? Really? People need to fucking grow up and realise that peoples opinions aren't always going to mesh with their own. Dickheads, the lot of 'em.

gigawuts
Aug 16, 2013, 09:10 AM
If I had to guess she was A. a girl and B. a writer for ME3

Let's see how right I was

edit: Close! It was dragon age that everyone was throwing death threats over.

o0Kais0o
Aug 16, 2013, 11:05 AM
Let it be said that truly, no group on this planet has it head shoved further up its own arse than fanboys.

Polly
Aug 16, 2013, 12:02 PM
I think the thing that pisses me off about this kind of internet bullying of developers and other figures in the industry is that they're constantly told to "get a thicker skin." I'm not sure what kinda thick skin one is supposed to have to deal with people constantly telling you to die, threatening to rape you, making detailed threats to murder your children, and acquiring your personal information and harassing you. Nobody should have to put up with that kind of bullshit, even under the anonymous circumstances of the internet.

It's this kinda shit that's pushed me to believe that these so-called "gamers," having been bullied and pushed around through school and what have you, weren't mad about these people being mean to them, they were merely jealous that they weren't the ones in the position to do the bullying.

Outrider
Aug 16, 2013, 12:32 PM
I think the thing that pisses me off about this kind of internet bullying of developers and other figures in the industry is that they're constantly told to "get a thicker skin." I'm not sure what kinda thick skin one is supposed to have to deal with people constantly telling you to die, threatening to rape you, making detailed threats to murder your children, and acquiring your personal information and harassing you. Nobody should have to put up with that kind of bullshit, even under the anonymous circumstances of the internet.

It's this kinda shit that's pushed me to believe that these so-called "gamers," having been bullied and pushed around through school and what have you, weren't mad about these people being mean to them, they were merely jealous that they weren't the ones in the position to do the bullying.

I think it's more that instead of learning that harassing people is wrong they instead feel that if they had to be harassed then everybody deserves it as well, but yeah, it's basically the same thing.

gigawuts
Aug 16, 2013, 12:44 PM
I don't think they even think it through that far. I think they just get angry and stay angry, and then they grapple onto any opportunity to lash out, with other similarly minded people egging them on in a very disparaging positive feedback loop where the best way to be validated is to escalate something like this and try to one-up the last guy who one-upped someone else. That's why it so quickly goes from "I didn't really like the story in this game" to family death threats.

They're just a bunch of socially deficient self-loathing people who are angry at life itself, and the internet gives them a voice to let them feel like they have power over it.

Sp-24
Aug 16, 2013, 12:44 PM
Don't know what happened this time, but you bet developers will use that story as a yet another excuse to get some pity points for whatever shitty game they are selling now.

Outrider
Aug 16, 2013, 01:57 PM
They're just a bunch of socially deficient self-loathing people who are angry at life itself, and the internet gives them a voice to let them feel like they have power over it.

Yeah, pretty much.

For what it's worth, it sounds like the writer didn't quit due to the harassment:

http://dgaider.tumblr.com/post/58435172533/bioware-writer-quits-after-death-threats-to-family

That's David Gaider's Tumblr. He's the lead writer for the Dragon Age Series.

It's still awful what was done to her, but it's good to hear that it wasn't the reason she decided to leave.

Don't know what happened this time, but you bet developers will use that story as a yet another excuse to get some pity points for whatever shitty game they are selling now.

Yes, I'm sure a developer is going to try and turn the rape and murder threats one of its writers received into a ploy for selling more games.

Yes, that clearly makes sense and isn't an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Sp-24
Aug 16, 2013, 02:20 PM
Yes, I'm sure a developer is going to try and turn the rape and murder threats one of its writers received into a ploy for selling more games.

Yes, that clearly makes sense and isn't an incredibly stupid thing to say.
Yes, I'm sure that saying things sarcastically makes whoever you're replying to wrong by default, since it's not not like Ninja Theory (a developer) and EA (Bioware's publisher and owner) tried doing that less than a year ago or anything, nor is quitting game development forever a new trend to whore yourself some attention these days.

Polly
Aug 16, 2013, 03:08 PM
Got ourselves a real games industry expert here folks. Better watch out.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2175&pictureid=28717

Sp-24
Aug 16, 2013, 03:37 PM
It's called "attention span", and people lacking it is the reason why sensationalism still works well in journalism and marketing, even in the Information Age.

Well, anyway, I hope you understand those "internet bullies" a little better now.

BIG OLAF
Aug 16, 2013, 09:59 PM
Got a random patch of dark red glossitis on my tongue that's unsightly and annoying. Doesn't really hurt, but it's just freaky and needs to go away. Don't know how nor why it popped up.

Noblewine
Aug 16, 2013, 10:33 PM
I can't get Internet explore to work. It crashes when it tries to load so I'm stuck using google chrome. I might need to go to the electronic store and while I'm out start job hunting again. =-=

Nitro Vordex
Aug 16, 2013, 10:34 PM
I can't get Internet explore to work.
I fail to see the problem.

Noblewine
Aug 16, 2013, 10:56 PM
I fail to see the problem.

The browser is slower. Can I haz interwebs?

BIG OLAF
Aug 16, 2013, 10:58 PM
The browser is slower. Can I haz interwebs?

He means that IE is shit and why the hell are you using it

can't believe i sat up out of bed just to say that when i was almost asleep

Noblewine
Aug 16, 2013, 11:09 PM
He means that IE is shit and why the hell are you using it

can't believe i sat up out of bed just to say that when i was almost asleep

I don't know what else to use and I'm a noob with computers. What would you suggest olaf?

gigawuts
Aug 16, 2013, 11:13 PM
well you're already on chrome so just don't open ie again

firefox is also nice

Noblewine
Aug 16, 2013, 11:15 PM
well you're already on chrome so just don't open ie again

firefox is also nice

I uninstalled firefox. =-=
That was probably a bad idea. The person who recommended it didn't really tell me why he told me to download it. He persuaded me. I'll have to take care of that tonight.

Atbar
Aug 17, 2013, 04:52 PM
ask for demonstrations because he clearly knows how to do your job better than you do

No, he does not. He was hired around the same time as me and people including management where I work recognize that. Also, we are on opposite schedules because we can't get along. I can get along with everyone else just fine except him.

gigawuts
Aug 17, 2013, 04:55 PM
No, he does not. He was hired around the same time as me and people including management where I work recognize that. Also, we are on opposite schedules because we can't get along. I can get along with everyone else just fine except him.

I know, that was my point. I was just laying the sarcasm on a bit thick was all. He sounds like a douche.

Atbar
Aug 17, 2013, 05:03 PM
I know, that was my point. I was just laying the sarcasm on a bit thick was all. He sounds like a douche.

Okay, I see what you originally meant. ^^; Stupid sarcasm detector must been broken again.

gigawuts
Aug 17, 2013, 05:06 PM
No worries, I tend to lay it on a bit heavy

Enforcer MKV
Aug 17, 2013, 06:13 PM
I uninstalled firefox. =-=
That was probably a bad idea. The person who recommended it didn't really tell me why he told me to download it. He persuaded me. I'll have to take care of that tonight.

I, personally, never really cared for Firefox. Peeps try to keep persuading me that it's superior, but I just don't see it. I use Chrome, and I'm a little surprised to hear you say it runs slower than IE. Is it up to date? To check, click on the three horizontal lines near the upper right corner of your screen, just below the 'close' button. From there, near the bottom of the menu that appears, click "About Google Chrome." The screen that appears next should tell you whether it's up to date or not.

Not sure what to tell you, other than that. I've liked Chrome ever since I was persuaded to try it. To each his own, though.

Okay, I see what you originally meant. ^^; Stupid sarcasm detector must been broken again.

Wouldn't worry about it, tone is a bit of a chore to detect over lines of text.

yoshiblue
Aug 17, 2013, 06:45 PM
People never really tell me why Firefox is so great. Figured it was because it had doo-dads that made it somewhat better. Bet Chome has similar ones by now and then some.

gigawuts
Aug 17, 2013, 06:48 PM
Performance, compliance with standards, general security, frequent updates (this being directly linked with the last bit), plugin options, the usual. Everyone will tell you theirs is the best browser because bla bla bla, but they're both fine.

BIG OLAF
Aug 17, 2013, 10:18 PM
Yeah I have a lot of friends who worship Google Chrome like they're in some cult. So, I'm used to people having a general "WTF LOL" reaction whenever I say I use, and prefer, Firefox.

Ketchup345
Aug 18, 2013, 08:10 AM
A few weeks ago my body suddenly shifted its sleep time on weekends. Now I'm tired around midnight on Fridays, and waking before 9:30 on Saturdays. Saturday night I'm going to bed around 2, waking up around 8:30. My times used to be bed at 3, wake at 11 on both days.

This was not a gradual change, it was pretty sudden.

Sayara
Aug 20, 2013, 03:53 PM
Aoi hana, wandering son and oreimo.
I finished all 3 of these series.
All 3 left me feeling slightly sad and bitter

damnit.

Noblewine
Aug 22, 2013, 09:30 PM
Played PSP2 and had a shitty run in Valley of Carnage on A. I tell the NPC's in my party to use range and Yuto decides to run up to a mog boggo and chain breaks the whole time.... I'm trying ot avoid getting it so I use Dugrega to knock it down but inflict little damage. =-=

Why is the AI in this game so fk'ing stupid......

CelestialBlade
Aug 22, 2013, 09:39 PM
So, Bradley Manning now wants to be called Chelsea Manning. Which is perfectly fine. But now everyone's going to tag me with the last name Manning and think they're SUPER CLEVER in doing so.

Fucking balls.

Palle
Aug 23, 2013, 12:45 AM
So, Bradley Manning now wants to be called Chelsea Manning. Which is perfectly fine. But now everyone's going to tag me with the last name Manning and think they're SUPER CLEVER in doing so.

Fucking balls.
Might as well own it.

You were Chelsea before it was Manning.

:nerd:

CelestialBlade
Aug 23, 2013, 04:20 AM
Might as well own it.

You were Chelsea before it was Manning.

:nerd:
God damn right.

CelestialBlade
Aug 24, 2013, 08:59 AM
This is the story of my life.

http://i.imgur.com/mMaWbSH.gif

GRAAAAAAAAAGH.

Ketchup345
Aug 24, 2013, 09:58 AM
This is the story of my life.

(Image removed, no need to see it 2x)

GRAAAAAAAAAGH.Not sure what program you use, but some of them have the option to manually enter in the dimensions you wish. Is that not an option?

CelestialBlade
Aug 24, 2013, 10:02 AM
Not sure what program you use, but some of them have the option to manually enter in the dimensions you wish. Is that not an option?
I always have to do it the hard way first because it's quicker than reaching all the way to my keyboard and then I get all mad and things are on fire and comets shower the planet and the sun explodes.

God damn elusive nice even numbers. I'm my own worst enemy.

Polly
Aug 24, 2013, 10:40 AM
Don't a lot of programs let you nudge with up, down, left, or right on the keyboard? I tend to do that a lot, if not just entering values myself. xP

CelestialBlade
Aug 24, 2013, 11:08 AM
Yes, but that solution isn't as funny.

CelestialBlade
Aug 24, 2013, 11:09 PM
Well now I have an actual rant...came back from our state fair tonight and found my truck's front bumper laying on the ground in the parking lot with pieces of composite and metal all over the place. A good-hearted witness left a note describing what happened but unfortunately they didn't get the Dodge Ram's plate number. Said they saw it driving erratically, slammed into my truck, and sped off...so probably some drunk fuckhead. Had to have it towed because it ripped a headlight off and I wasn't going to try ripping the whole front bumper off myself...so this week I get to play phone tag with my insurance, yay.

I can drive a company vehicle for a while so no big deal there, just annoyed. Hoping it didn't do enough damage to total my baby. Least there's no medical bullshit to deal with.

BIG OLAF
Aug 24, 2013, 11:27 PM
Wow, what a shitdick. Probably some dumb redneck who figured his liquor was infinitely more important that the somewhat major inconvenience he just laid upon a total stranger. What a world it would be if people actually stepped up and held themselves accountable, and responsible, for their mistakes instead of trying to skeaze and slink out of them whenever possible. I hope it's not too big of a pain in the ass getting it fixed up.

CelestialBlade
Aug 24, 2013, 11:41 PM
Shouldn't be that bad, I'm just annoyed. I figure the person was either drunk, didn't have insurance, or both. I doubt we ever find the guy unless they wreck somewhere else but on the off chance we do, at least I'll have plenty of grounds for a lawsuit. Again, just pisses me off and it's a pain in the ass, but it could be so much worse.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 25, 2013, 12:48 AM
Chest pains rearing their ugly head for the second night in a row after a few months of not having any. So it begins again...

Of course, they start up right before I have to wake up early and start dealing with scrape metal.

Mike
Aug 25, 2013, 07:20 PM
Went to visit my parents for a week and concealed carry was all over the news. Can't say that makes me feel incredibly safe. Especially when the news runs Facebook comments equating concealed carry to commanding respect. It's not a stand your ground kind of law, I think but I haven't really looked in to it, but does nothing to make me feel safer than I was before. I have no idea why the state decided to allow it.

BIG OLAF
Aug 29, 2013, 04:43 PM
People on DeviantArt tagging themselves as "Professional Writers" in their profiles. I then go to sample their work, and it's not anywhere near much better than your standard, say, My Little Pony fan-fiction. Lord.

I mean, I'm no Ernest Hemingway or H.P. Lovecraft, but good god I could write circles quadrilateral rectangles around most 'professionals' I've seen (on sites like DA at least).

Sp-24
Aug 29, 2013, 05:09 PM
Do they make money off their works, though? Because if this year's videogames are of any indication, the last thing that the word "professional" implies is quality.

BIG OLAF
Aug 29, 2013, 05:12 PM
Apparently, yes, some of them are contracted. Others say they work freelance.

And, I agree. The word 'professional' hardly guarantees quality anymore. Hell, most people I see nowadays that are masters at a trade are self-taught and have no fancy degrees, but still get paid less and are all-around appreciated less because they don't have a gold-leafed, snazzy diploma from Pretentious University #___.

gigawuts
Aug 29, 2013, 05:28 PM
"Professional" just means you get paid these days. Or you try to get paid (aka freelance). I could get paid to do a whole lot of unprofessional stuff.

NoiseHERO
Aug 29, 2013, 05:44 PM
Wait people get paid for mediocre writing? :O

Time to get paid like Walter White.

Sayara
Aug 30, 2013, 10:22 AM
Speaking of writing. I've reached a new low for twisted mannerisms.
As i write stories of disgust and despair of watching a friend basically die to itself listen to such happy love songs.

I spend so much time trying to break the cliche that im ONLY a grim/dark artist and yet i do shit like this -_-

Noblewine
Sep 2, 2013, 06:15 PM
I haven't been able to sleep lately and I am back to my old habit of waking up late in the afternoon. I wonder if I should cut down on drinking tea. Being jobless is stressing me out though I can't afford health insurance nor want to work myself to death to be able to afford it.

Atbar
Sep 3, 2013, 08:32 PM
People won't be calling for interviews in the middle of the night. I had to force myself to keep a regular schedule when I was unemployed for the longest time.

gigawuts
Sep 3, 2013, 08:35 PM
Get off the computer earlier. No joke.

Atbar
Sep 4, 2013, 09:35 AM
It's also a good idea to set a limit on computer use because of how easy it is to spend hours upon hours on it (speaking from personal experience).

gigawuts
Sep 4, 2013, 09:36 AM
Yup. For several years I lived on a 26-28 hour day cycle. There are arguments that it's more natural, but I pin a lot of it on my computer usage into the wee hours of the...morning, afternoon, and then evening later that week.

It was funny rotating my cycle and people not knowing about it thinking I never ever slept. Being a NEET is fun.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Sep 4, 2013, 08:15 PM
I apparently ate cheese that expired a month ago and didn't even know it till I rechecked the bag and saw today's date.

Randomness
Sep 4, 2013, 11:09 PM
I apparently ate cheese that expired a month ago and didn't even know it till I rechecked the bag and saw today's date.

Did you get sick at all though?

Atbar
Sep 4, 2013, 11:38 PM
^Good question. With dairy products, I'll consider it expired when I want to spit it out after the first gulp/bite.

jooozek
Sep 8, 2013, 01:14 PM
that feel when the only acceptance you find is your psychologist

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2013, 01:20 PM
if you think the consequences of your actions end where the keyboard begins you're a moron

edit: or are you one of those people that tries to say you're not really like that since you only act that way on the computer? because I have news for you - when it's only people you don't know that you're an ass to that does actually make you an ass

jooozek
Sep 8, 2013, 01:23 PM
wow, you are insane
the extrapolation you just did
amazing

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2013, 01:25 PM
hm, and you wonder why nobody tolerates you except people you pay to

jooozek
Sep 8, 2013, 01:28 PM
did i shit in your cereal this morning that you got on my post?

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2013, 01:31 PM
just calling it like I see it dude, don't take it personal

you act like a dick around here on a regular basis, usually completely unprovoked for completely miniscule details, and you hit up the bullshit thread wondering why nobody likes you

seriously, not even trying to be mean - those two things might be related

they might not be, but don't go playing it off like it doesn't count just because you need a keyboard to say these things here

vOv

jooozek
Sep 8, 2013, 01:40 PM
did i tell you that you are completely off-mark ever since the first reply to my first post in this convo? oh, i didn't
well, now you know
also, if you have a beef with my posts in general, write a complaint pm to the mods instead of trying to antagonise me the second i post something that looks to you remotely like whining about not being liked on the forums (lol, just lol)

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2013, 01:43 PM
Ok, it's unrelated then

you're still an ass for no apparent reason on a regular basis, and that fact is unrelated

still a fact though

Nitro Vordex
Sep 8, 2013, 02:04 PM
I'm not even trying to be mean here

but maybe stop being a colossal dick to everyone about everything about utterly inconsequential shit

real advice
You're still being mean.

Correct, but mean.

My coffee went cold. #FirstWorldProblems

jooozek
Sep 8, 2013, 02:10 PM
i can assure you of three things:
1) being an asshole is by no means a hobby of mine, imagine i wrote that here 20 times
2) i'm not an asshole all the time, when i'm an asshole there is literally no connection why i'm being one
3) starting with october i'll be put on neuoleptics

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2013, 02:19 PM
oh, oh I know a thing or two about medical needs taking time

CelestialBlade
Sep 8, 2013, 03:46 PM
What the fuck happened to capital letters and punctuation?

Like oh my god.

gigawuts
Sep 8, 2013, 03:52 PM
I have two posting modes:
1. Care about proper punctuation and capitalization, and even mix in some semicolons for fun
2. this is PSOW so really now, it doesn't matter

Sayara
Sep 8, 2013, 03:59 PM
theres a sharp pain on my backside and it pisses me off.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 8, 2013, 04:05 PM
What the fuck happened to capital letters and punctuation?

Like oh my god.

Like, oh, my god.
Practice what you preach. :wacko:

CelestialBlade
Sep 8, 2013, 04:12 PM
Practice what you preach. :wacko:
This is no time for logic!

jooozek
Sep 8, 2013, 05:07 PM
1 comma is worth 8715892075198598125 capital letters and periods, no joke

Ketchup345
Sep 9, 2013, 08:19 PM
It would be nice if people responded to messages and/or voicemails.

Noblewine
Sep 9, 2013, 09:42 PM
Ended up missing a show I wanted to watch on the weekend. Parents wanted to watch a football game. This ended up in a debate about buying tivo and I have no idea how expensive it is if I want to record shows on my tv downstairs. Digimon Fusion aired last saturday, which was a surprise, but I find it odd because they never announced it. *Confused*

Ketchup345
Sep 9, 2013, 10:54 PM
Ended up missing a show I wanted to watch on the weekend. Parents wanted to watch a football game. This ended up in a debate about buying tivo and I have no idea how expensive it is if I want to record shows on my tv downstairs. Digimon Fusion aired last saturday, which was a surprise, but I find it odd because they never announced it. *Confused*I'm sure Tivo's website has their info, but there are alternatives.

Most cable companies I've seen offer them. They may be free, or cost only a few dollars more. Some systems allow for multiple cable boxes with one DVR, which may allow several people to watch different recordings throughout the house (may be capped at maximum number, but more than 1 is possible).

You can also make one using a computer and a TV tuner card. I would suggest dedicating a computer to this, from my understanding it wouldn't have to be the most up to date either.

BIG OLAF
Sep 9, 2013, 11:30 PM
Why can't I even fucking lean over, cough, or take a deep breath this past goddamn week without my heart going apeshit. It's really starting to piss me off. the sooner I can get insurance back, the better. C'mon October.

Afin
Sep 10, 2013, 05:56 PM
/pso2 related rant

argh I just want to move forward with this client order from Lisa (and Hans) and clear tundra S+ ranked on hard mode
BUT! I CAN'T SEEM TO WIN AGAINST THE STUPID BANSHEE + BANTHER COMBO
ugh i hate this boss fight so much
right when i thought i was about to defeat the hard part (banshee), the stupid banther jumps down and joins the fight and f's everything up ;--;

ughhhhhhh

Randomness
Sep 10, 2013, 10:27 PM
DAMN YOU SEGA!!!!!!!

BIG OLAF
Sep 12, 2013, 06:55 PM
Getting a cold now due to co-workers being sick, too.

Sure, like I don't have any other issues right now. No no, it's fine, pile it on!

Ketchup345
Sep 12, 2013, 08:28 PM
Ordered a few Old Fashioneds tonight. They added a lime to the first one (I hate lime, ruins the taste of anything decent) and in neither of them did they muddle the fruit.

My personal workload is about to triple. Meaning the optional training I'm trying to do will probably be slowed down even more than it already has been.

Atbar
Sep 13, 2013, 06:32 AM

Sure, like I don't have any other issues right now. No no, it's fine, pile it on!

Ick, hate getting sick because I got it from someone else.

Before I finally moved out of my mother's house for good, she would get a sinus infection every summer and then I would get it like a week or so later.

No sinus infection this summer or a even a year since I moved out.

.Rusty.
Sep 13, 2013, 12:02 PM
3ds region locking :argh:

BIG OLAF
Sep 13, 2013, 09:59 PM
Ick, hate getting sick because I got it from someone else.

Before I finally moved out of my mother's house for good, she would get a sinus infection every summer and then I would get it like a week or so later.

No sinus infection this summer or a even a year since I moved out.

Yeah, it's especially obnoxious getting sick from someone else. Even more so from someone who was making no attempt at all to shield other people from the germs.

This guy (let's call him 'Subject Zero') comes in on Tuesday, sick as a dog. All day he's coughing and sneezing and hacking all over the place, not covering his mouth or anything. Just walking around the shop and wherever, getting his germs all over other people.

By Wednesday, more of the technicians were sick, and one of the guys I work with at the parts counter was feeling 'like shit', too. At one part of the day, Subject Zero comes up to the parts counter, and starts coughing all over one of my other co-worker's computer monitor and keyboard. My co-worker took a can of Lysol disinfectant and basically sprayed him right in his goddamn face, saying "what the fuck is wrong with you?!"

One of the managers said Subject Zero was sitting in his office, talking to him about something, whilst next to the AC unit, coughing and making the germs blow around everywhere. That also netted him a "what the fuck is wrong with you?!"

By Thursday, about 80% of the entire parts and service departments were sick or starting to feel sick, myself being in the latter grouping, and now it's getting worse, but not so much worse, since I'm no dummy, and know to head this shit off before it starts. Thursday after work, I immediately went to the store and bought a bunch of extra strength cold/flu Tylenol and other things, and started downing yogurt, bananas, V8 juice, and anything else that I knew would slow it down. So, I'm not nearly as sick as everyone else, but I still feel like dick.

TL;DR: Don't be an inconsiderate fuckass and cough everywhere in public when you're sick. Take a day or two off, or wear a fuckin surgeon mask, or, oh I dunno, at least cover your mouth.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 13, 2013, 10:17 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]Yeah, it's especially obnoxious getting sick from someone else. Even more so from someone who was making no attempt at all to shield other people from the germs.

This guy (let's call him 'Subject Zero') comes in on Tuesday, sick as a dog. All day he's coughing and sneezing and hacking all over the place, not covering his mouth or anything. Just walking around the shop and wherever, getting his germs all over other people.

By Wednesday, more of the technicians were sick, and one of the guys I work with at the parts counter was feeling 'like shit', too. At one part of the day, Subject Zero comes up to the parts counter, and starts coughing all over one of my other co-worker's computer monitor and keyboard. My co-worker took a can of Lysol disinfectant and basically sprayed him right in his goddamn face, saying "what the fuck is wrong with you?!"

One of the managers said Subject Zero was sitting in his office, talking to him about something, whilst next to the AC unit, coughing and making the germs blow around everywhere. That also netted him a "what the fuck is wrong with you?!"

By Thursday, about 80% of the entire parts and service departments were sick or starting to feel sick, myself being in the latter grouping, and now it's getting worse, but not so much worse, since I'm no dummy, and know to head this shit off before it starts. Thursday after work, I immediately went to the store and bought a bunch of extra strength cold/flu Tylenol and other things, and started downing yogurt, bananas, V8 juice, and anything else that I knew would slow it down. So, I'm not nearly as sick as everyone else, but I still feel like dick.

TL;DR: Don't be an inconsiderate fuckass and cough everywhere in public when you're sick. Take a day or two off, or wear a fuckin surgeon mask, or, oh I dunno, at least cover your mouth.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Well, shit.

Props to you for warding off what seems to be the worst of it for now.

--------

In other news: If you start talking about something and then stop, saying 'it's okay' or 'don't worry about it' and the thing you were talking about was how something bad was happening to you, or how you are upset at something, two things will happen:

1) I'm going to freaking worry about you.

2) You're going to piss me off reeeeeeeeeeeeally quick.

...So don't do it. Really. Please. Either don't talk to me about it or let me fucking help you.

*grumbles angrily*

Noblewine
Sep 13, 2013, 11:05 PM

Another pet peeve of mine. Its like their desperate to get paid that they have to bring their cold/flu to work. I wish people would use common sense to stay home if they aren't feeling well.

Z-0
Sep 14, 2013, 08:54 AM
Who isn't desperate to get paid considering the state of the economy right now?

Randomness
Sep 14, 2013, 02:49 PM
Another pet peeve of mine. Its like their desperate to get paid that they have to bring their cold/flu to work. I wish people would use common sense to stay home if they aren't feeling well.

Makes me happy I (and my coworkers) can work from home - people don't have to make contact with other human beings to get paid.

Noblewine
Sep 15, 2013, 09:42 AM
Who isn't desperate to get paid considering the state of the economy right now?

True but they could wear a mask to prevent getting others sick.

Makes me happy I (and my coworkers) can work from home - people don't have to make contact with other human beings to get paid.

I wish I hah that kinda luxuary. :/

.Rusty.
Sep 18, 2013, 02:38 PM
Kind of disappointed with the news that Pokémon x / y will only use the 3d effect in battles and the rest of the game is 2d. It seems kind of lazy ._.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Sep 18, 2013, 07:18 PM
I'm so mad right now that I just spilled Soda all over my room keyboard and now it doesn't work. I found an old keyboard but its W & S keys are busted and won't type anything. I put the W & S key in a text doc but it feels terrible to do this way. even worse is that I accidentally did this a month ago except it was with Milk. this time was very avoidable too. =/

Sp-24
Sep 18, 2013, 07:34 PM
I'm so mad right now that I just spilled Soda all over my room keyboard and now it doesn't work. I found an old keyboard but its W & S keys are busted and won't type anything. I put the W & S key in a text doc but it feels terrible to do this way. even worse is that I accidentally did this a month ago except it was with Milk. this time was very avoidable too. =/
Heh, I know how you feel - I once spilled coffee on my laptop, and now half of the keys won't work (yes, the laptop itself is fine). Then I got drunk and couldn't find a better place to vomit than at the poor laptop again (which ended surprisingly well, considering that it was turned on).

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I have some experience with the subject. First of all, most Windows systems have an on-screen keyboard application. Just enter "osk" in the start menu or in command line, and it should start. Second: buy a slim USB keyboard and see how long it survives your clumsiness (it's been a few years, and mine is still fine), since it's probably cheaper than repairing the laptop and easier than replacing the keyboard circuits yourself.

Hope that helps.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Sep 18, 2013, 08:28 PM
Oh my goodness, I didn't know On-Screen Keyboard was a thing, really saved my evening there. thanks so much!!!

I've just been so clumsy recently and it been costly. my dad had to buy a new Keyboard for the living room computer(the one I spilled milk on :dead:) and I wasn't able to pick up a game I asked for that week because of that and this week I have a chance to pick it up but this keyboard mess up I thought had delayed me again.

it was so avoidable too. I had the light off and placed the cup right next to the keyboard even though I intended to watch Netflix(which is on the other side of the room.). went to have my PSP recharge next to my computer monitor and it bumped the top of the cup. causing it to spill on my keyboard and most of the desk. I then had it recharge on my bed(which I could have done in the first place.) to add to this, I had to drink warm soda. :(

Scrub
Sep 20, 2013, 04:07 PM
There is no such thing as a Mi'qote player who doesn't have a learning disability and I think I'm going to just start ditching any group I get in where I'm the only non-cat.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 21, 2013, 03:06 AM
It's 4am, I have a 9am class on a Saturday, and I'm not asleep.

Why? Why the heck can't I sleep right now? The music isn't lulling me to sleep like it usually does...@____@...

...I wish I could stop thinking about certain people. I really, really hate this...

I want to sleep, not lay here and be miserable over something that is impossible.

Sayara
Sep 23, 2013, 05:37 AM
EMERGENCY VOLUME GROWS x650 LOUDER OVERNIGHT
BLARING AMERICAN DAD AT 4:30am

UJGJJJJJ$OIG$H

Noblewine
Sep 23, 2013, 10:45 PM
I watched the mountaineers play Maryland last Saturday and they lost. The game was a total blow out. This is the first time I watched my team play so poorly that was lost by thirty-seven points. Our coach also made an ass of himself with this defeat.

Sayara
Sep 26, 2013, 07:46 PM
I am not paid to babysit grown ass men.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 27, 2013, 08:00 PM
TV started flickering today. It hasn't stopped working, but it's bad enough that I can't play for long stretches of time without my head hurting...

Been trying to find a job but I haven't been hired anywhere. This can't keep going on...parents are starting to argue because of it and it's starting to eat away at me. I really have to find something before this gets out of hand...

Ah, my head is spinning. Not dizzy, just - it's spinning from all the pressure.

AlexCraig
Sep 27, 2013, 08:10 PM
Haven't been able to sleep well lately. Had a couple nights where I was able to fall asleep at a decent hour, but for the most part I haven't been able to sleep well or wake up at decent hours.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 27, 2013, 10:25 PM
I must be delicious. 9 out of 10 mosquitoes can't be wrong!

Tenth one bit my ass, apparently.

Scrub
Sep 28, 2013, 09:25 PM
I am not paid to babysit grown ass men.

lol dead WRONG if youre any sort of manager/supervisor

Valkyrie Lovrina
Sep 30, 2013, 12:40 PM
WELP! I 630ed 2 hours before Falz while in a good block. it doesn't stop there, the computer thought it would be funny if it would run Check Disc for the next 4 and a half hours after gameguard crapped out on me. :etongue:

Sayara
Sep 30, 2013, 01:19 PM
lol dead WRONG if youre any sort of manager/supervisor

Im not.
Im a joe schmoe like any one of them.

Noblewine
Oct 1, 2013, 12:45 AM
I accidentally crack the battery on my psp while playing psp2. I'll have to replace it this week. Also discovered that the cover for the psp is a piece of crap and doesn't want to stay in place for some reason. I'll have to tape it shut or something.

Aeris
Oct 1, 2013, 01:36 AM
I accidentally crack the battery on my psp while playing psp2. I'll have to replace it this week. Also discovered that the cover for the psp is a piece of crap and doesn't want to stay in place for some reason. I'll have to tape it shut or something.

Probably cost 1-2 USD to replace in case the part that holds it in or the PSP rear cover is damaged where it is, anyway for mine i still need another PSP screen, that's the 3rd one broke ugh, my bother broke it twice already, first one broke because my PS2 controller landed exactly right on top of it when it was on the ground by accident, next one will be the 4th screen replaced back in whenever i get some money to do so and a cover for it as well.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 1, 2013, 03:10 PM
Damn it Borderlands 2, sometimes you are just not fun at all. UVHM is bullshit sometimes.

I guess that's what I get for playing Zero. It'd be nice if I had some equipment. Oh well. Drop rates are still astronomically better than PSO2.

On another note, PSO2, you've basically become another chat room for me. gg.

gigawuts
Oct 1, 2013, 04:37 PM
I miss the way items worked in BL1, honestly. More rares all around, and way more common from all sources. BL2's rare drop system kind of just seems...watered down. Which is strange, because I liked that system in PSO1. I guess that was the meta in PSO1, but in BL1 the meta was just blowing up everything everywhere and farming just isn't as fun as nuking a wasteland one enemy at a time.

RenzokukenZ
Oct 2, 2013, 01:17 PM
I'm trying to download Kingdoms of Amalur from the PS+, but for some reason it keeps downloading the timed trial version. Happened twice now :-x

NoiseHERO
Oct 2, 2013, 07:38 PM
GTAV y u delete my character and not save my new ones...

Why are millions of man-children crying on their support forums instead of being.... supportive.

It's funny being reminded that PSOW is actually pretty tame compared to everyday console gamer level communities. Making it hard to be mad that I might've lost 8 hours of gameplay.

gigawuts
Oct 2, 2013, 07:39 PM
Why do you think I like it here? I've retired from forums, this is my retirement home. Dealing with the people here is me watching Oprah all day.

NoiseHERO
Oct 2, 2013, 07:55 PM
Giga's never been the same after nam...

Noblewine
Oct 2, 2013, 08:51 PM
Probably cost 1-2 USD to replace in case the part that holds it in or the PSP rear cover is damaged where it is, anyway for mine i still need another PSP screen, that's the 3rd one broke ugh, my bother broke it twice already, first one broke because my PS2 controller landed exactly right on top of it when it was on the ground by accident, next one will be the 4th screen replaced back in whenever i get some money to do so and a cover for it as well.

I meant the cover for the battery won't stay on. Sorry to hear about your psp.

Ketchup345
Oct 5, 2013, 11:08 AM
Went to a bar last night with coworkers. The waitress didn't even know what an Old Fashioned was. When I showed her, she went asked the bar about it, 15 minutes later came back and said they couldn't make it because they don't have sugar cubes. Don't they have plain sugar? Either way, if it takes 15mins to figure out what an Old Fashioned is, I'll pass on getting one here. They also served the Magic Hat #9 in cans instead of draft or bottles.

CelestialBlade
Oct 5, 2013, 11:36 AM
Went to a bar last night with coworkers. The waitress didn't even know what an Old Fashioned was. When I showed her, she went asked the bar about it, 15 minutes later came back and said they couldn't make it because they don't have sugar cubes. Don't they have plain sugar? Either way, if it takes 15mins to figure out what an Old Fashioned is, I'll pass on getting one here. They also served the Magic Hat #9 in cans instead of draft or bottles.
That kinda happened to me on Wednesday. We've been doing prototype builds for 2015 model year vehicles at Ford and we had a big "kick off" dinner with all the engineering divisions that night, and the guys at the bar there were confused by a couple of cocktail names. They ended up just having to explain the mixing proportions, which was fine, but it was kinda interesting. I guess they don't have as many pages in those cocktail reference books as they used to.

Ketchup345
Oct 5, 2013, 12:20 PM
That kinda happened to me on Wednesday. We've been doing prototype builds for 2015 model year vehicles at Ford and we had a big "kick off" dinner with all the engineering divisions that night, and the guys at the bar there were confused by a couple of cocktail names. They ended up just having to explain the mixing proportions, which was fine, but it was kinda interesting. I guess they don't have as many pages in those cocktail reference books as they used to.What kind of stuff were you trying to order?

CelestialBlade
Oct 5, 2013, 12:34 PM
What kind of stuff were you trying to order?
One of the guys ordered a B-52 that had the main bartender a bit confused, and they also didn't know what a B.A.G. was, which is funny considering this is Kentucky and that's a bourbon cocktail. On that note, Old Fashioneds rock.

gigawuts
Oct 5, 2013, 12:46 PM
I am simultaneously terrified and entranced by the cognitive dissonance you find not in just things worthy of nightly news (i.e. more than just filler for 24 hour news), but that you find in day to day events.

It's really scary the hypocrisy people throw around without even realizing it, and it's scarier that instead of realizing there's something very wrong with their approach to things they decide to worsen matters and angrily lash out at the nearest safe target, then wait a day or two to resume exactly what they were doing/saying.

It feels like it's only gotten worse in the last few decades, too. I mean, yeah, being a kid casts the world in a different light, but everyone just seems so much angrier now. Everywhere, too. On the news, on the street, in stores, everywhere. It's more than just economic hardship that's doing it, I think. I think it's got to do with the ease of access to information. With almost everything available virtually at a glance people don't have to work to get information anymore. Actual research skills have gone the way of hardcover encyclopedias. People seem to have gotten into the habit of just taking in whatever's in front of them at face value, because after all they couldn't publish it if it wasn't true.

Hence cognitive dissonance. People loving the ACA while hating Obamacare, not realizing they're the same thing. Hence a (or all, really) news network being able to label a government shutdown as being the fault of a single party regardless of where the blame lies, and having their word just taken for it.

Shit's terrifying. Lots of people have gotten so used to information being readily accessible that when anything is presented to them they take it and run with it.

CelestialBlade
Oct 5, 2013, 01:45 PM
I am simultaneously terrified and entranced by the cognitive dissonance you find not in just things worthy of nightly news (i.e. more than just filler for 24 hour news), but that you find in day to day events.

It's really scary the hypocrisy people throw around without even realizing it, and it's scarier that instead of realizing there's something very wrong with their approach to things they decide to worsen matters and angrily lash out at the nearest safe target, then wait a day or two to resume exactly what they were doing/saying.

It feels like it's only gotten worse in the last few decades, too. I mean, yeah, being a kid casts the world in a different light, but everyone just seems so much angrier now. Everywhere, too. On the news, on the street, in stores, everywhere. It's more than just economic hardship that's doing it, I think. I think it's got to do with the ease of access to information. With almost everything available virtually at a glance people don't have to work to get information anymore. Actual research skills have gone the way of hardcover encyclopedias. People seem to have gotten into the habit of just taking in whatever's in front of them at face value, because after all they couldn't publish it if it wasn't true.

Hence cognitive dissonance. People loving the ACA while hating Obamacare, not realizing they're the same thing. Hence a (or all, really) news network being able to label a government shutdown as being the fault of a single party regardless of where the blame lies, and having their word just taken for it.

Shit's terrifying. Lots of people have gotten so used to information being readily accessible that when anything is presented to them they take it and run with it.
I've noticed it too, and in a lot of ways it's a new culture. Like you mentioned, information is available instantaneously now, and this leads to a couple issues. One, people get so used to not having to wait to know what they want to know that they accept the first thing they read (without reading all of it) and move along. We've become a highly impatient society as a result of ease of access. The other thing is, we now expect that luxury at all times and it gets people very pissy when that's not available. We're just really spoiled in that regard now and instantaneous info is the norm with a lot of people. I mean, sure, I own a smartphone and all that, but I try to use it to absorb as much information as possible because I have the ability to, instead of thinking 5 minutes is too long and moving on to the next thing.

The internet as we now know it has also breeded a new generation of people that make it a hobby to hate and be apathetic (while hilariously cancelling those two out in the process) because of the power of anonymity. It's so easy to hate without consequence now. This culture has kinda bled over into our media and other social aspects and the outlook isn't good. That's a bit of a side-note, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Anyway, the other terrifying thing about the reactions you described is how we also believe anything that's the "social norm", like the dislike of Obamacare. The "THANKS, OBAMA" mindset is the "in" thing now, and you can ask random people their opinions on the government shutdown, Obama, the ACA (under the Obamacare name, like you said), or what have you, and more than half of them are going to give you the "popular" answer even though they know next to nothing about the subject in reality. They hate Obamacare simply because it's "accepted" to hate Obamacare, and liking it is like disliking America or some bullshit. Nobody takes the time to read into shit anymore, from different sources.

Sp-24
Oct 5, 2013, 03:25 PM

Can't say much about people being different from before. My friends from a few dozens years ago certainly weren't as pissed off at everything as I am now, but it probably wasn't because they couldn't afford to finally purchase a decent apartment while the economy around them is crumbling, since we had bigger concerns back at kindergarten.

While informational revolution may have affected this to a degree, the real reason why you see such hypocrisies now is because you can. We (I'm projecting) have been idiots all the time, for centuries, believing what we are told without doing any research, or hating things for the same reason we defend other things with our lives. But in this day and age, most of us are given a lot more tools to filter and interpret information given to us, like, I dunno, education and internet. The bar has also been raised, though - we now swim in readily available information. Take the Zimmerman incident from whenever that happened, I forgot. Unless you were one of the participants, chances are, you've heard about either a White Power 卐 (I'm so proud of Unicode) enthusiast murdering Obama's baby, or a drug dealer clobbering an upstanding citizen. Did you care even care enough to dig for all the facts (that, as it turns out, even the court didn't have)? And that's how it is with a lot of things. Back then, years ago, we had very few sources of information, and were sure in a lot more things than we are now (I'm projecting again). Now, you hear about Assad murdering his own people with poison gas, and just going online reveals that jews and americans are digging an oil channel through Middle East. FUCK. WHAT DO I MAKE OUT OF THAT?!

And that's how it is for a lot of people, probably even you. Definitely for me, since, for another example, as much as I'm interested in space research, the "Dark Matter" theory that's simplified for masses sounds retarded, and its details are so incredibly complicated that I can't be bothered to actually learn it all and then check if it's bullshit or not. It doesn't really help that everyone is encouraged to be active participants in politics regardless of how much they know about whatever subject is hot right now.

I know I've reached the point when I solve the world's problems and reveal mysteries, but in my defense, I'm a lot more drunk than when I started typing.

BIG OLAF
Oct 5, 2013, 11:34 PM
When people try to bring age into an argument, like it makes any difference.

I just read a beautifully-constructed appeal and argument made by a 20-year-old woman as to why she is an atheist and denounces all forms of religion. It really was an entertaining read (a few paragraphs), and she used very vivid and intelligent verbiage to get her points across without being offensive whatsoever, despite the 'opposition', as it were, being petty and crude by calling her 'ilk', and claiming her 'hubris has blinded her'.

The best part was an older man that commented, whom had said, to paraphrase:

"Her mere 20 years of life and experience must have led her to great knowledge and to obviously have all the answers and truth of existence..."

I don't understand the beef with younger people nowadays. Well, perhaps I do, in a way. I realize that younger people, even people my age (and a bit older than me, too), have a bit of a bad reputation, as it currently stands. Us "Millennials" have gotten a bad rap for being pompous, entitled, whining, incredulous babies who want everything handed to us by the older generations. Some of those criticisms are warranted and not entirely untrue, to be sure (I know plenty of people who fit, quite snugly, into these now-stereotypical negative aspects), but to have someone who is so obviously not any of those things be potentially brought down due to her age is just pathetic.

Hell, even I get 'brought down' due to age from time to time. Whilst I may call myself an idiot when I'm feeling down, I really don't feel like I am, and, if I really am, it's not because of my age.

CelestialBlade
Oct 5, 2013, 11:42 PM
^
I won't get into the age argument, but what bothers me the most about that sorta thing is that someone felt the need to question her beliefs just because they're different from their own. If people worried about themselves a little more and focused on improving their own lives, we wouldn't have half the problems we do.