PDA

View Full Version : Bull Shxt: Not Quite a Thread/ More Like a Post.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Volcompat321
May 28, 2010, 11:36 AM
Hell, if you can get a woman, and all you need to worry about is feeding her for the sex, that's a damn good deal.
Though if she had multiple partners, I think I'd switch the betch up. That's how people get AIDS and whatnot. No thanks.

By the way, I AM looking for a job. Right now, my dad said that the place he works at (DRS Optronics. I'm sure Pat knows what that is) is going to call and arrange an interview in a week or so, and chances are, I'm going to get the job. But yet, my brother acts like none of that matters, and I'm still a lazy sack of worthlessness because I'm not "out looking every day"(which I don't need to be at this point), and I "have no fallback plan" (even though I have a few).

EDIT: Also, since I'm out of work right now, I do just about all the chores around the house, too. Yet I'm still an asshole.

I do actually, and it's quite a nice job to get. Shit, get me in there!
Dude, I didn't have a job for almost a year, and I screamed (I know it was wrong..) at my mother because she thought I was a leech.

I don't ask for anything, I'm hardly home to "use up all the stuff(water, food, whatever)".
I eat at friend's houses (even still, after I have a job) sleep there if I want and whatnot.
Don't feel like a worthless bum, it'll only bring you down.
I know I've paid more than enough in my 7 years of having a job -1 in between that I've paid way more than a 14 year old should have. (Yea, I was 14 when I got my first job, roofing).

I've been paying bills since I was 15, including only a phone at the time.
When I was 16, I was "forced" to pay for insurance on a car I drove 1-2 times a year, and ONLY to drive my sisters somewhere.
I've paid for rent at 16+ (it was cheap, but still rent. No less than 150 a month since 16).

I've had great jobs over the years (mainly after I was 18 though) and used to work 3 jobs just to save money. So I didn't care about paying rent at the time.

This is why I say my mother hates me, and she doesn't care about me like her other two kids.
I just take things as they come, and deal with it.
Though if that was my brother, I would have fucked him up already for talking shit, your situation may be different. :wacko:

Best of luck to you, I hope you get that job, and I hope your brother stops being a dick!

Outrider
May 28, 2010, 12:09 PM
Damn, Pat. Sorry about your girlfriend.

I guess that's just how things work out sometimes.

SStrikerR
May 28, 2010, 02:09 PM
Food for sex as amtalx said? I think he is making himself a nice deal. He probably likes it that way, even.

Yeah, I don't think so. I think she's using him for sex, and then getting him to buy her food afterwards because she knows he'll be a sucker and buy it. Could be wrong, but that's exactly what it looks like to me.

Mysterious-G
May 28, 2010, 02:14 PM
Yeah, I don't think so. I think she's using him for sex, and then getting him to buy her food afterwards because she knows he'll be a sucker and buy it. Could be wrong, but that's exactly what it looks like to me.

That she has more from it doesn't mean that he hasn't enough.

Wait, I got a better argument: Maybe he is just being a so called gentleman?

amtalx
May 28, 2010, 02:33 PM
Sex for the cost of a sandwich doesn't seem so bad to me. However, you better be damn sure to lock the fridge should she choose to shut of the nookie faucet.

Mysterious-G
May 28, 2010, 02:36 PM
Well, she could still provide other services, almtax. Like... uh... a good talk?

Nitro Vordex
May 28, 2010, 02:41 PM
Talking with your mouth full is not recommended. :wacko:

Mysterious-G
May 28, 2010, 02:52 PM
Talking with your mouth full is not recommended. :wacko:

I changed my mind, froboy. Instead of a sandwich I got a banana. Because I... like bananas.
(Actually seeing my mom-on-a-diet eating tons and tons of stuff made me think I should rather not do what she does. So here I go, banana in hand.)

The way I eat it is hot.

But let's not get offtopic.

Leviathan
May 28, 2010, 03:03 PM
I wish my package that I bought almost two weeks ago would just arrive. It's just two owl necklaces, but since it's from China it takes forever.

And I hate people who boast about how awesome they are because they drink/ smoke/ do drugs and go to school high.

NO ONE CARES FATASS.
Please stfu and drop out already, you pig-disgusting juggalo.

CrimsomWolf
May 28, 2010, 03:10 PM
I think the highschoolers who do that are only part of the problem. The other is the silent acceptance of the surroundings. Then again, when your teachers sneaks out of school limits to smoke, he's not giving a good example right?

Nitro Vordex
May 28, 2010, 03:39 PM
Look, if you had to deal with those kids, you'd need a break too. Honestly, I don't care if teachers smoke, as long as they aren't PE or science teachers. They should know better, for obvious reasons.

Also, fat/out of shape gym teachers. HERP A DERP. Probably just creepers.

CrimsomWolf
May 28, 2010, 03:40 PM
Look, if you had to deal with those kids, you'd need a break too. Honestly, I don't care if teachers smoke, as long as they aren't PE or science teachers. They should know better, for obvious reasons.

One of them was a science teacher actually. Who would also go on to debates on our health as well.

Volcompat321
May 28, 2010, 03:41 PM
Damn, Pat. Sorry about your girlfriend.

I guess that's just how things work out sometimes.

Hey, I'll get over it.
She was a game player, and I've said over and over, I'm no gamer. :p
Seriously, one thing that bothers me most is when girls play games, and she did, and let her friends play too. I'm not down with that.

She was great while she lasted, but life moves on.

Now-
Sex for a sandwich, deal or no deal?

Nah. Get out. If she's already cheated on him in a relationship, that means she'll have no problem doing other dudes while they're boning. Which means multiple partners. Which is no good in my book.
Plus, if she's getting food from every guy, how fat is this chick? lol
Unless she's playing it smart and getting something different from each guy.
Awesome deal for her, horrible for the dudes.

I'd get rid of the whore.
If it was still a girlfriend, then there would be a huge difference in my opinion, but she's not, from what I got out of the story.

Nitro Vordex
May 28, 2010, 03:43 PM
Loose as a goose.

Please don't warn me. ._.

Mysterious-G
May 28, 2010, 03:52 PM
Loose as a goose.

Please don't warn me. ._.

[spoiler-box]http://s4.hubimg.com/u/1259387_f260.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Oh YES. Luckily I am in the class that basicially has superman as the sports teacher. He is legendary. You will never have seen a man as fit as him, no matter how old he is. On top of that, he is one heck of a biology teacher aswell. He even gives like absolutely fair verbal grades. (It's sad that we will be his last class ending next year.)

Then the opposite: Fat, unmotivating and telling her students that they 'are old enough to write down what they need' in her geography class and whatever else she teaches. Hell yeah.

BIG OLAF
May 28, 2010, 04:13 PM
Now-
Sex for a sandwich, deal or no deal?

Nah. Get out. If she's already cheated on him in a relationship, that means she'll have no problem doing other dudes while they're boning.

That's what I think. He's just being taken advantage of. I mean, think what you want about me for saying this, but: I'd much rather have a good meal than sex any day (probably because I like to eat).

Also, to help other people's sense of judgment on this situation: this woman has three kids already. All from different fathers (before she started dating my brother a few years ago).

Mysterious-G
May 28, 2010, 04:39 PM
SERIOUSLY PISSED right now for a private reason, well thank you!

joefro
May 28, 2010, 09:09 PM
I hate people who can't detect sarcasm, people who aren't willing to try new things, people who are hypocritical, and people who think they have to one-up everyone.

Volcompat321
May 28, 2010, 11:28 PM
That's what I think. He's just being taken advantage of. I mean, think what you want about me for saying this, but: I'd much rather have a good meal than sex any day (probably because I like to eat).

Also, to help other people's sense of judgment on this situation: this woman has three kids already. All from different fathers (before she started dating my brother a few years ago).

Well.. depending on the age, the three kids with three fathers aren't soooo bad.
(My mom had her three children with three different dudes... and they've all been friends for years (way after our births)).

At this point, I'm still not sure if I'd enjoy having sex or a meal, both are rather great. And I love to eat! :wacko:

Though, your brother seems oblivious. Maybe he needs an intervention.

I hate people who can't detect sarcasm, people who aren't willing to try new things, people who are hypocritical, and people who think they have to one-up everyone.

I agree with what you say here, though sometimes I'm hypocritical. :/
Not on purpose, it just happens.

joefro
May 29, 2010, 12:34 AM
I agree with what you say here, though sometimes I'm hypocritical. :/
Not on purpose, it just happens.

Yeah, same here. I never do it on purpose though it always kinda just sneaks up on me, then I'm like, "shit."

Leviathan
May 29, 2010, 04:28 PM
Brother's graduation present - $1,100+ laptop, $40 new backpack, Nintendo DS Lite bundle.

My graduation present - $0. Nothing.My dad offered to get me a $500 laptop, but I've seen them and they are awful. So instead I bought my own laptop.

Lesson of the story: Doesn't matter if you the next four years of your school is paid off, your dad doesn't care since you are majoring in liberal arts.

amtalx
May 29, 2010, 05:30 PM
I decided to pick up Oblivion again after a few years. Too bad I can't find my map which had all the important locations marked...including my stash that has my extra armor and weapons.

Volcompat321
May 29, 2010, 09:30 PM
Brother's graduation present - $1,100+ laptop, $40 new backpack, Nintendo DS Lite bundle.

My graduation present - $0. Nothing.My dad offered to get me a $500 laptop, but I've seen them and they are awful. So instead I bought my own laptop.

Lesson of the story: Doesn't matter if you the next four years of your school is paid off, your dad doesn't care since you are majoring in liberal arts.

Don't worry, I didn't get anything either.
And I'm the only boy, and the first to graduate high school.
My little sister graduated last year, got a lot of money, a car, a party, a trip to Cancun, and a computer.

I felt so special. :wacko:

Outrider
May 31, 2010, 02:04 AM

Heh.

Try being a middle child. It's way more fun.

[/Totally don't have middle-child syndrome, guys]

Although, I actually just got back from my younger brother's graduation, and I don't think he got any real presents.

Though apparently my parents paid for his spring break trip this year.

Volcompat321
May 31, 2010, 03:58 AM
Heh.

[/Totally don't have middle-child syndrome, guys]

Although, I actually just got back from my younger brother's graduation, and I don't think he got any real presents.

Though apparently my parents paid for his spring break trip this year.

I too, am a middle child, and the only boy.
Though as much as people think, they do not cancel each other out.
I get treated like shit.

Although I am the oldest of my dad and step moms kids. The bitch treated me like shit anyway though.

Leviathan
May 31, 2010, 04:07 PM
Heh.

Funny thing, I am. :-(

At least the middle child is supposedly self-sufficient, secretive, diplomatic, etc.

joefro
May 31, 2010, 07:14 PM
Guillmero del Toro has left The Hobbit movies.
This sucks. The movie is also probably going to be in 3D which sucks.

Volcompat321
May 31, 2010, 07:38 PM
Benecio del Toro was amazing in Che.

Reading Guillmero del Toro just reminded me of that. :p

Also- Wolfman wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but Benecio del Toro and Anthony Hopkins made it pretty damn good!

Outrider
May 31, 2010, 10:03 PM
Guillmero del Toro has left The Hobbit movies.
This sucks. The movie is also probably going to be in 3D which sucks.

I'm still more concerned about this whole "using two movies to tell the story" idea.

The Hobbit is the shortest book! It's about a comparably light-hearted adventure! Playing it up as an epic movie along the lines of LOTR just seems wrong.

Max B
May 31, 2010, 11:00 PM
http://www.popten.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sonic.jpg

joefro
May 31, 2010, 11:23 PM
I'm still more concerned about this whole "using two movies to tell the story" idea.

The Hobbit is the shortest book! It's about a comparably light-hearted adventure! Playing it up as an epic movie along the lines of LOTR just seems wrong.

I agree that two movies is overkill, but Peter Jackson likes to make his movies long and thoroughly thought out. Not only that but I also found The Hobbit to be a little on the boring side, but I still enjoyed it. One three-four hour movie could probably get the plot of The Hobbit across.

Ketchup345
Jun 1, 2010, 08:43 PM
This is 2010. Why do some stores still not list their inventory on their websites? Grocery stores are the biggest offenders, but that appears to be for most(all?) in that type of sales. Why does a clothing store with 30+ locations still not list what they have? Al the site gives is brands they carry, store locator, apply for jobs, email signups, and the reward program.

In short: Why can't I find the specific models of "my preferred shoe brand" that you carry on your website?

joefro
Jun 2, 2010, 03:25 PM
Shit like this (http://kotaku.com/5553606/man-accused-of-killing-kitten-for-unplugging-game-console?skyline=true&s=i) severely pisses me off. What kind of dumb-fuck do you have to be to take out your anger on a kitten? I'm no Peta freak or anything but killing a kitten over a video game is just ridiculous.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 3, 2010, 03:31 AM
Rude awakening from phonecall when I really needed sleep. I managed fine with what little sleep I had until then, and important things to do instead of re-sleep after. But such bullshit.

Looking it up now finally on internet:

http://800notes.com/AreaCode.aspx/1-717

Pennsylvania Spanish scammy dialer. :argh: 281 reports one. Probably many more unreported.

Leviathan
Jun 8, 2010, 05:24 PM
Two-faced people.

I would like to call them all out on their bullshit one day. It would feel amazing.

SStrikerR
Jun 8, 2010, 08:50 PM
So I just typed out a rant, and then clicked on another page by accident. Fuck. I quit. My rant shall remain a mystery.

Volcompat321
Jun 8, 2010, 09:01 PM
If you hit back, it should have stayed.
I do that sometimes too, then just hit back, and it's all there.
(I use Firefox, if that makes a difference)

SStrikerR
Jun 8, 2010, 09:23 PM
I clicked on a completely different page and didn't bother checking.

Volcompat321
Jun 8, 2010, 09:25 PM
Well damn, that sucks!
A rant worth ranting about? :o

SStrikerR
Jun 8, 2010, 10:28 PM
Eh, mostly about how I'm not out of school yet, finals are next week, and I have 4 projects to do this week. Nothing that big. In other news, I'm very sore right now. I went for long runs yesterday and today, and since I haven't been running that much since soccer season ended, my legs are kinda dead. I also played tennis today, which makes me legs, shoulders, and arms sore. And somehow I managed to fuck up a backhand shot so badly that I ended up flat on my back and hit my head. I've never done that before. Basically when I hit my backhand I lift one leg up and jump to get an easier shot, and then I land. But during the shot today I completely missed touching the ground with my feet. Ow.

joefro
Jun 9, 2010, 05:34 AM
I want ramen, now.

I don't have any ramen.

:disapprove:

Leviathan
Jun 9, 2010, 10:32 AM
My school was supposed to send my transcript to my college on Friday.

It has not reached the school, and the college is very close, so it should be there by now but it isn't.

I sent a letter yesterday and it has reached the college.

They are both going to the same department too, so I have no idea what is going on...

Volcompat321
Jun 9, 2010, 02:54 PM
Eh, mostly about how I'm not out of school yet, finals are next week, and I have 4 projects to do this week. Nothing that big. In other news, I'm very sore right now. I went for long runs yesterday and today, and since I haven't been running that much since soccer season ended, my legs are kinda dead. I also played tennis today, which makes me legs, shoulders, and arms sore. And somehow I managed to fuck up a backhand shot so badly that I ended up flat on my back and hit my head. I've never done that before. Basically when I hit my backhand I lift one leg up and jump to get an easier shot, and then I land. But during the shot today I completely missed touching the ground with my feet. Ow.

Don't stress about finals toooo much.
I don't remember any of mine way back when being too hard. Though I had some pretty awesome teachers!
(for one in Senior year, I had to finish a word search...so easy).

And about the pains, man I know exactly how you feel about the running!
I've started running/jogging a few weeks ago, then I had to stop for a few days, and even though it was only a few days, when I started again, my legs got so sore.

Not too bad though, but I am a bit heavy, so they have to work overtime to carry me! :p

I should pick up a sport, but I don't know what's around here, and for my age.

Anyway, Joe- I have some Ramen noodles! hahaha :wacko:

Also- While I'm complaining; I haven't touched soda in like 6 months, and a friend asked me if I wanted one, and I almost said yes.
It's getting so hard to fight the temptations.

Palle
Jun 9, 2010, 03:36 PM
Girlfriend from 15+ years ago.

Seducing my brother.

Who's 9 years younger than me.

WTF.

SStrikerR
Jun 9, 2010, 03:57 PM
Well, a lot of people play tennis is florida and california because it's easier to play year round there. Or, if you didn't like that, we could always trade houses :P

Volcompat321
Jun 9, 2010, 04:05 PM
Well, a lot of people play tennis is florida and california because it's easier to play year round there. Or, if you didn't like that, we could always trade houses :P

Do you live in a cold place?
Cause I'll GLADLY move. :p

I think we all know my hatred towards Florida. :wacko:

Tennis isn't really my thing, but I wouldn't mind at least trying it.
Never know, I might like it.

Pirrip
Jun 9, 2010, 04:08 PM
I think Toshiba laptops from wal-mart suck, but I've had a great one before, but the specs are truly suck.

Leviathan
Jun 9, 2010, 04:18 PM
I think Toshiba laptops suck.

Fixed.

My family has been through two of them. Both hard drives have crashed multiple times.

HP is the way to go. ;-)

amtalx
Jun 9, 2010, 05:13 PM

Rugby, the sport of men.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 9, 2010, 05:26 PM
My school was supposed to send my transcript to my college on Friday.

It has not reached the school, and the college is very close, so it should be there by now but it isn't.

Better not to trust the school to do it, backlogged, out of session no administration care in the world.

Pick it up yourself next time if it comes to it. Thus can make copies yourself, hand it to college in person, all that good stuff.

SStrikerR
Jun 9, 2010, 05:36 PM
Do you live in a cold place?
Cause I'll GLADLY move. :p
Pennsylvania. So, not cold year round, but still a cooler climate than florida.

Tennis isn't really my thing, but I wouldn't mind at least trying it.
Never know, I might like it. I picked it up really easy, and it's fun when you're good. Irritating before then. I second rubgy though.

Volcompat321
Jun 9, 2010, 05:51 PM
Pennsylvania. So, not cold year round, but still a cooler climate than florida.

I picked it up really easy, and it's fun when you're good. Irritating before then. I second rubgy though.

So, when do you want to switch?
Will your mom and dad be alright with that? :p

Rugby, the sport of men.

Rugby, eh? I'll have to search for one on the internet, cause I've never even heard of a place to play around here.
I'll edit in my searches.

BIG OLAF
Jun 9, 2010, 09:25 PM
Rugby, eh? I'll have to search for one on the internet, cause I've never even heard of a place to play around here.
I'll edit in my searches.

If you find a league or something, let me know. I want to thrash people legally.

Volcompat321
Jun 9, 2010, 10:02 PM
Yea, that would be the exciting part! :p
Though my searches came up with almost nothing.

The one league I found (Brevard Old Red Eye Rugby Football Club) was the only one that looked legit in Central Florida.
Though they seem like a big deal, due to all the tournaments and whatnot.
I don't know though... I don't even know the rules to Rugby, if there are any major rules.

I'd need lots of practice.

SStrikerR
Jun 9, 2010, 10:14 PM
You fuck shit up, and throw the ball backwards. It's not too complicated.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 9, 2010, 10:18 PM
Lotta dog piles.

Read a story about someone using the catchphrases, hey nothing better to do when stuck in there awaiting people to get off and break it up, with the M.Bison: "This place shall become your grave!"

Volcompat321
Jun 9, 2010, 10:22 PM
Well, maybe I should start with something less... physical.
I do like to fuck people up, but I'm sure most of those big dudes would fuck me up more.
They are a team and all, and if some stranger just goes out there to beat on people, they'd probably kill em. :wacko:

I was thinking baseball, but I don't think there's anything for people my age.

Then I was thinking of maybe coaching a sport or something. Do something fun that involves hanging with kids. (insert "dude, you're creepy" comment here).

I've always worked with kids, so why not, right?

SStrikerR
Jun 9, 2010, 10:51 PM
Eh. There are usually slowpitch softball leagues for men everywhere. You could look for one of them. Not really competitive. And sure, coaching would be a good idea. Or maybe an assistant, since I don't know the extent of your sports knowledge.

Volcompat321
Jun 9, 2010, 10:54 PM
Softball... c'mon dude. You're better than that. :p

Assistant would most likely be best, at this point.
It's something to do, and will pass time. Maybe I'll love doing it.

joefro
Jun 10, 2010, 03:13 AM
Eh...I feel like shit. :cry:

Rust
Jun 10, 2010, 10:28 AM
@Vol (com) Opt: Play dodgeball!

Also...

Then I was thinking of maybe coaching a sport or something. Do something fun that involves hanging with kids.

Dude, you're my hero.

amtalx
Jun 10, 2010, 10:50 AM
The only point of ever playing softball is co-ed leagues. Kickball is pretty good for that too. There are some pretty good 21+ leagues around here. Drinking definitely makes playing sports more fun.

Volcompat321
Jun 10, 2010, 11:04 AM
@Vol (com) Opt: Play dodgeball!

Also...

Dude, you're my hero.

Thanks Rust! :D

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 10, 2010, 07:46 PM
The only point of ever playing softball is co-ed leagues. Kickball is pretty good for that too. There are some pretty good 21+ leagues around here. Drinking definitely makes playing sports more fun.
Or being a teen and nothing else WTF to do brought along with the parentals @ a company picnic.

Smash their slowball into the stratosphere.

No thank you to another frisbee with the corp logo on it.

joefro
Jun 12, 2010, 05:11 AM
Flash ads and obtrusive ads.

I'm not ranting about ads in general because I understand the need for them. (Well for some small/independent sites. Amazon, GTFO with ads I give you thousands a year.) What I hate about ads are the ones that are in your face and the ones that trick you. I'm looking at you here, IGN. I hate when I'm going to type in the search bar and then I can't type anything until I watch the stupid fucking ad take over the page.

I hate ads that are featured more prominently than the actual site. Which is basically when the background image is an ad, the banner images are the same ad, the box images are the same ad, the text ads are the same ad, and even the site logo is the same f'n ad.

I also really hate Flash ads, mainly because they crash the browser (which thankfully Google Chrome handles amazingly well). I always, always block Flash ads, but I usually keep regular ads enabled, and sometimes click on them to support a site, especially if the ads are discreet and interesting. :)

The worst ads are video ads. I really, really, really hate it when I'm on YouTube watching a trailer for a game/movie. I'm watching the trailer to decide if the game is worth a purchase, shouldn't I be allowed to just watch the trailer for the game? Which is technically an ad for the game? Nope. I have to watch an ad before I watch the trailer. Basically an ad before another ad, except I'm choosing to watch the trailer.

Eh, it's late and I'm tired. :confused:

/rant

amtalx
Jun 12, 2010, 01:19 PM
My internet keeps getting disrupted ever few hours and I have to go reset all my routers. Fucking Comcast.

Leviathan
Jun 12, 2010, 04:39 PM
Oh hey there place of work.

Thanks for scheduling a meeting at 7 AM and then telling me I do not work that day even though I called TWICE to confirm that I work. Earlier this week you told me I had to work on Wednesday which I said I totally could, then I call later to make sure and then you told me I do not work that day. Oh but the day I work you call me and ask me if I will come in at 10 even though you called at 11 AM.

Thank you for canceling my hours, making me wake up at 7 on a perfectly good Saturday, missing the S. Korea v. Greece game, and most of all thank you for telling me I cannot receive anymore hours of work because I am going to college and I "Don't need the hours.".

Ketchup345
Jun 12, 2010, 08:37 PM
and most of all thank you for telling me I cannot receive anymore hours of work because I am going to college and I "Don't need the hours.".What?! College kids need the hours most of all.

Do you have multiple bosses or something? How does that happen?

Leviathan
Jun 12, 2010, 09:57 PM
What?! College kids need the hours most of all.

Do you have multiple bosses or something? How does that happen?

The store manager makes the rules and stuff. I could probably complain to corporate though. There are 2 other people that work and go to college, they all have more hours than me. I feel like the they punish me because I'm responsible. I got into one of the best colleges in the state, I only have to pay for my personal expenses, etc.

Some girl got pregnant and they gave 3/4 of my hours to her. I thought it was really unfair since I have been there for 1 year and 10 months and she was only there for a few weeks. She later got fired and I never got my hours back.

I've applied to many other places and I used them as a reference which I think may be a mistake.

Ketchup345
Jun 13, 2010, 10:45 AM
Hey AT&T: Why was I able to find the page on your site that had non-camera phones last night, but can't tonight? Now I go into your list of "all phones" and there is no option for "without camera", and the list isn't showing the "without camera" versions in the full list.

Bonus points to anyone who can link to the portion of the AT&T site with no camera smart phones for me.

Yes, I realize this could be my fault for forgetting where it was, but I'm pretty sure I saw it clearly displayed on the wireless page (non-business/government portion).

joefro
Jun 14, 2010, 08:21 AM
Babies shouldn't smoke. I don't care what you do after you're eighteen or so, but come on. Two year old baby smoking. Wowza.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b3ECRSMJ3s&feature=related

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2010, 06:32 PM
Here's something pissing me off:

Trying to order one of the new Xbox360s, and everything's been going wrong:

Gamestop:
-On my first order, I input the wrong billing address, so the order was stuck in the "verification" stage.
-So, to fix the problem, I just cancel my order. It cancels successfully (even says so on my Order History page on gamestop.com)
-I try to order another one, this time with the correct billing information. Everything was fine until the last step of the ordering process. It said I had exceeded my limit of "1 per household" for the new 250GB Elite.
-In short, it was counting my canceled order as that "1", and I can't order another one.

Microsoft Store:
-This was a lot faster. I went right to the gaming consoles page, clicked on it (still in stock; it even said so), and added to cart. Input all the correct shipping, billing, credit card info, etc.
-I click on the "submit order" button. It loads for a second or two, and says "Sorry, your billing and/or credit card information is incorrect. Please fix them and try again."
-All the information was correct. I checked, and double-checked at least a dozen times. Still came up with the same error message.

Best Buy & Newegg:
-Best Buy isn't a registered Microsoft retailer, so they don't have it for order.
-Newegg was out of stock.

What a pain in my ass. I have such an unbelievable migraine now.

UPDATE: Called Gamestop support. Told them what the issue was. The lady went into my account, entered the correct billing information, and re-opened the order. I'll see what happens now.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 15, 2010, 07:27 PM
UPDATE: Called Gamestop support. Told them what the issue was. The lady went into my account, entered the correct billing information, and re-opened the order. I'll see what happens now.
If all else fails there's another (mileage varies outside US ship though)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003O6JJKY/ref=nosim/717-20

Save money on both no tax and free shipping, or use the saved tax money to get some regular/faster shipping.

BIG OLAF
Jun 16, 2010, 08:27 PM
If all else fails there's another (mileage varies outside US ship though)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003O6JJKY/ref=nosim/717-20

Save money on both no tax and free shipping, or use the saved tax money to get some regular/faster shipping.

Thanks for that link. I got fed up with Gamestop about 10 minutes ago, and canceled my order again. Then, I just clicked the provided link to Amazon, and was set up and ready to go in literally 45 seconds. Good thing too, considering they only had four left in stock.

Damn, now I'm pissed that I didn't just go with Amazon in the first place. Somehow, I managed to overlook them initially.

Outrider
Jun 17, 2010, 01:28 AM
If you're doing online ordering, I can't recommend Amazon enough. I order something from them (books, music, games, etc.) at least once or twice a month and I've rarely had any sort of issues with them. Great prices, great selections, and super quick delivery (even if you use the free delivery).

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a big fan.

joefro
Jun 17, 2010, 04:22 AM
@BIG OLAF
I hope you enjoy your new 360! I wanted to get one but I just ordered the new iPhone, so I'll have to wait a few months before I can get the new 360. I also agree with Haya and Outrider, Amazon is amazing. They've emailed me three times saying that I wouldn't get my package on X day and then I still get my package on that day. As compared to somewhere like Gamestop, where they've said I'd get it on X day and I don't get it that day.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/468x294/468x294_kinect3.jpg
This is super creepy, Microsoft. Super, super creepy. /minirant

Delete
Jun 17, 2010, 07:45 AM
Babies shouldn't smoke. I don't care what you do after you're eighteen or so, but come on. Two year old baby smoking. Wowza.
YouTube- Indonesian Baby On 40 Cigarettes Every Day (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b3ECRSMJ3s&feature=related)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178237

Lol Deja Vu Bro :wacko:

joefro
Jun 17, 2010, 08:12 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178237

Lol Deja Vu Bro :wacko:

I was in Mexico on vacation on that day. That's why I missed that thread. :wink:

Delete
Jun 17, 2010, 08:46 AM
All good, it's not like anyone really gave a shit about it anyway lol. 3 comments Total

BIG OLAF
Jun 17, 2010, 09:32 AM
If you're doing online ordering, I can't recommend Amazon enough. I order something from them (books, music, games, etc.) at least once or twice a month and I've rarely had any sort of issues with them.

Same thing here. When it comes to online ordering, I usually use Amazon for everything. That's why I was so surprised when Hayabusa made me realize that I had overlooked them in my searches. I felt quite stupid.

Max B
Jun 17, 2010, 10:24 AM
http://www.themindofgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/sony_fanboys.jpg

amtalx
Jun 19, 2010, 01:33 PM
My car just imploded. Time to buy a new one. D:

Randomness
Jun 19, 2010, 06:37 PM
Playing Tri. Hunting Agnaktor, high rank...

Halfway through quest, two of the people start arguing over who broke the armor off its legs. Seriously.

Two deaths later, I get it trapped, start tranq throws... right before the second one hits to end quest, one of the people who was arguing gets flattened by an Uragaan. HALF A SECOND BEFORE THE QUEST CLEAR.

God dammit, you have no business fighting high rank stuff if you don't have the common sense to not sit around typing when a big ugly is in the same area.

King_Yoshi42
Jun 20, 2010, 03:56 PM
I don't know wether or not I should be hating my mom.

On one hand, she bought me a new Laptop. Toshiba sucks, but a Laptop is a Laptop.

On the other hand, it's really hard to deal with the constant verbal abuse she bombards me with. Every day, it's something new. I ate ALL (meaning one) of her ice cream bars, and she hasn't had any in a week (meaning 12 hours). I ate ALL of the food in the house too (meaning 2 slices of beef)
Food isn't even the half of it. She yells at me fr anything and everything. I'm not there enough (I'm there every other day). I don't help out enough (I do any work she asks). I'm on the computer too much (admitedly true).

Would it kill for a compliment evey once in awhile, either?

joefro
Jun 22, 2010, 09:38 AM
People who play loud music at night in their cars.

I get it. You're cool becuase you spent fifteen grand "pimpin'" out your 1998 Honda Civic, but could you please do me a favor? Stop playing your loud ass music at three in the morning.

BIG OLAF
Jun 22, 2010, 11:33 AM
Stop playing your loud ass music at three in the morning.

I just hate loud music in general. My ears have above-average sensitivity when it comes to loud music and bass lines. Convenient, considering all my friends love to blare loud music in their cars. Makes my brain feel like it's on fire. I ask them to please turn it down, and they look at me like I just killed their dog. Damn annoying.

joefro
Jun 22, 2010, 04:47 PM
I just hate loud music in general. My ears have above-average sensitivity when it comes to loud music and bass lines. Convenient, considering all my friends love to blare loud music in their cars. Makes my brain feel like it's on fire. I ask them to please turn it down, and they look at me like I just killed their dog. Damn annoying.

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. When my friends are trying to listen to loud music, I ask them to turn it down. They ask me why. I tell them to stop because I want to be able to hear when I get older.

Tetsaru
Jun 23, 2010, 01:18 AM
Heh, try being on a college drumline and marching band for several years... especially when we had to practice indoors. @_@

Mike
Jun 23, 2010, 07:29 PM
Biting bugs suck. I was bitting 6 times in less than 10 minutes while cleaning out a gutter.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 23, 2010, 08:50 PM
Same thing here. When it comes to online ordering, I usually use Amazon for everything. That's why I was so surprised when Hayabusa made me realize that I had overlooked them in my searches. I felt quite stupid.
That's where I got my PSO+ 1&2, brand new, SHRINKWRAPPED.

Mind you, it was 60 bucks, but it was a well spent 60 bux.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jun 24, 2010, 04:14 AM
The other day I had Coffee. Normal, I guess.
..But then I had Sushi later that day.

:barf:

...Never again. :lol:

Leviathan
Jun 24, 2010, 11:09 PM
Hot weather + bugs = Bugs getting into my room.

I had an encounter with a roach a few nights back. I was taking a bath when a roach jumped into the water and drowned.

Now there is a mid-size roach in my bathroom counter just cavorting as it pleases.

Why were these hideous creatures made?

joefro
Jun 25, 2010, 12:00 AM
This oil spill sucks.

So many people are losing their jobs, which hasn't affected me (yet) but it is rapidly destroying our communities down here. I just can't understand why the government is banning offshore drilling. That's like 60% of males jobs here. :confused:

The worst part is that there is a chance that my university will close down. We got an email from the President of the university saying that we should all be alerted to the possibility of a closure due to state budget cuts. If the school closes, it wouldn't be the end of the road for me, as I have family in Baton Rouge, so I could go to LSU. It sucks for some of my friends who don't have to resources to relocate.

Volcompat321
Jun 25, 2010, 12:05 AM
This oil spill sucks.

So many people are losing their jobs, which hasn't affected me (yet) but it is rapidly destroying our communities down here. I just can't understand why the government is banning offshore drilling. That's like 60% of males jobs here. :confused:

The worst part is that there is a chance that my university will close down. We got an email from the President of the university saying that we should all be alerted to the possibility of a closure due to state budget cuts. If the school closes, it wouldn't be the end of the road for me, as I have family in Baton Rouge, so I could go to LSU. It sucks for some of my friends who don't have to resources to relocate.

Damn man, that does suck.

Even Florida on the West Coast is all going crazy about it.
(Well, I don't know personally, cause I'm on the East Coast)
I hear about it all over the news, and it hasn't even reached us yet.

We're getting state budget cuts too. Horrible, cause there's already no jobs for anyone around here. :(

joefro
Jun 25, 2010, 12:09 AM
I just wish I knew why the state decides to cut higher education funding and then they wonder why everyone leaves the state to find work. I say, if you can't get an education here, why get a job here? I'd love to move out of state for work, but I just love it here too much.

Volcompat321
Jun 25, 2010, 12:13 AM
I just wish I knew why the state decides to cut higher education funding and then they wonder why everyone leaves the state to find work. I say, if you can't get an education here, why get a job here? I'd love to move out of state for work, but I just love it here too much.

Yea, I agree with you.
Horrible.
Plus....don't you know... the people that go to school, pay for the school?
Better get some refunds on that shit.

Randomness
Jun 25, 2010, 12:18 AM
This oil spill sucks.

Politics to the first. Anyone in the White House would have done it or something similar. Or gotten skewered for not doing it.

The second... god state budgets are a mess in general it seems. Federal budget gets to cheat and run a deficit, not that its much better. And of course everyone sits by while funding is cut because they won't reelect someone who raised taxes. (No new taxes, taken over infinite legislative sessions, results in zero government income, and therefore no government. In other words, no new taxes pledges lead to anarchy) Almost no voters in high school, and few in college means education cuts are safe (Except for non-apathetic parents of school-age children). Nobody ever complains that someone else lost services. /rant

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 25, 2010, 05:29 AM
The other day I had Coffee. Normal, I guess.
..But then I had Sushi later that day.

:barf:

...Never again. :lol:
Sucks. My top 3 are vegetables/cooked fish though.

:sushi: <-that Unagi eel with the special BBQ kinda sauce. Can go wrong with cheap cuts/bones left intact.

Tamago, cooked (scrambled? all yellow) egg if done right for sweetness, 2/3 times its not.

Cucumber maki, simple rice seaweed wrap and cucumber. Pretty much guaranteed not to go wrong. Pretty foolproof that order. Hamachi roll with chives is also almost a guarantee but you might not get the fish you ordered if they're cheap. "Rock n Roll" Unagi with cucumber/avacado/California roll can go wrong or be too small, stopped getting that.

Saw scallop on a menu and tried it, thought it might be cooked. Boy, was I wrong on that one.

-

Reiterate the above. Damn unregulated BP/the rest and reliance on fossils decomposing, sucked out of the Earth, bass ackwards oil. School cuts, and in the reverse if schools aren't being cut, they'll charge further and further higher tuition while capping the number of students for any reason at any time. As well transferring in is some stupid nonsense system that moves at a snail's pace - causing headaches being left in uncertain limbo every step of the way.

joefro
Jun 27, 2010, 09:44 AM
iTunes + iPod + Windows = ZOMGPROBLEMS

My mom asked me to help her with synching her iPod on here computer. That was a nightmare. I don't see how iPods can be so popular when iTunes is probably one of the worst programs on Windows.

ShinMaruku
Jun 27, 2010, 02:04 PM
This oil spill sucks.

\
They will lose their job when the oil runs out anyway. Those guys need to find better paying better caring for obs.
After that haphazard shit I'd not want to work for some foreign oil company.

Sayara
Jun 27, 2010, 05:12 PM
Going along a job type rant spree
If asking for 2 days off after working like every week consists of almost 80 hours of straight work THEN hell when you come back
I'll never ask for another day off again.

Mike
Jun 28, 2010, 02:58 AM
Spending half an hour marking spam sucks.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 29, 2010, 06:54 PM
$17 express shipping on $23 worth of goods.

Box arriving today, already opened, dented in 4 different places, tape on there but not for any particular reason as its not taping the box shut.

Goods all okay, intact though. Worst UPS/Eastbay experience so far, by far.

Found- Advertised straps missing on some shin guards, but who would steal that and that only? Hopefully just packed wrong or doesn't even come with them despite advertised item description.

-

Just noticed Bonus, when "smart" phone is being charged, can't do anything even when turning it on first before USB connect up. No calls, moving files to phone memory, recognized by computer - My Computer drive list, nothing.

Whoops, just didn't do it - had to hold down button longer. Minor annoyance then, have to unplug replug then touch screen only menu scroll when its just 3 options select the right storage setting. Press then slide finger might end up press register - wrong one.

joefro
Jun 29, 2010, 10:40 PM
I hate AT&T.

I wish I could switch to Verizon and get one of them fancy-smancy robot phones.

Volcompat321
Jun 29, 2010, 10:47 PM
I hate AT&T.

Dood, go to T-Mobile!
They have cool Android phones.

(Or the HTC HD2.... which runs off Windows... and not the new Win7 OS... :( )

joefro
Jun 29, 2010, 11:17 PM
Dood, go to T-Mobile!
They have cool Android phones.

(Or the HTC HD2.... which runs off Windows... and not the new Win7 OS... :( )

I wouldn't mind getting a Nexus One on T-Mobile, but they don't have 3G around these parts, and that's very important to me.

Those HD2 phones are really nice also.

Leviathan
Jul 1, 2010, 12:45 PM
I wish people would stop touching a computer's screen.

Smudges. :disapprove:

joefro
Jul 1, 2010, 01:58 PM
M. Night Shamalamanananan.

Ranmaru
Jul 1, 2010, 02:58 PM
I had some Steak House Chili.... Too much of it. It's like, ok. But only a little is ok. More than that is BLEHHHH

Gunslinger-08
Jul 1, 2010, 04:21 PM
So one of my co-workers is a complete douchebag...

Delete
Jul 2, 2010, 03:58 AM
I hate AT&T.

You would surely not regret it. The Droid is seriously like the best phone ever Imo. I've had plenty of these new high-tech phones, (with the exception of the new droid-incredible) but droid owns them.

http://www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Motorola-Droid-Verizon-tethering.JPG

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 2, 2010, 04:15 AM
You would surely not regret it. The Droid is seriously like the best phone ever Imo. I've had plenty of these new high-tech phones, (with the exception of the new droid-incredible) but droid owns them.

http://www.unwiredview.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Motorola-Droid-Verizon-tethering.JPG
So what you're saying is, that whole Lucas Films Copyrights on the commercials basically = The Droid Deletes ALL (other phones) !!

Delete
Jul 2, 2010, 09:47 AM
Yep :wacko:

amtalx
Jul 2, 2010, 09:52 AM
Go with the Incredible or wait for the Droid X. The keyboard on the Droid is entirely useless.

Outrider
Jul 2, 2010, 10:37 AM
See, my contract is up next month and the need to keep up with social technologies for my job (and my desire for a new toy) make me want to get a smart phone.

I like Verizon's phone service and I like Google, so I'm thinking of going the Droid route.

The problem is that most of the leading software (both apps and games) are generally released only on the iPhone.

They're both way too expensive, so I'm not even really thinking about price right now. I'm just not sure what to do.

Delete
Jul 2, 2010, 11:15 AM
The problem is that most of the leading software (both apps and games) are generally released only on the iPhone.

If your saying Iphone has better apps and games, then that's partially true. But the Droid still has plenty of apps that I'm sure you'll love. I can tell ya a few if your interested and as for games....well, there are Nes,Sega,GB,etc emulators for you to play. Google pretty much let's you visit any website and throw in youtube and you get yourself a pretty awesome package.

Go with the Incredible or wait for the Droid X. The keyboard on the Droid is entirely useless.

If you mean the Touch-screen one, then I agree. But I haven't really used a phone with one that really works either way. The push out keyboard works find though. Takes some getting used to, but once you get the feel of it, it works.

Outrider
Jul 2, 2010, 11:26 AM
If your saying Iphone has better apps and games, then that's partially true. But the Droid still has plenty of apps that I'm sure you'll love. I can tell ya a few if your interested and as for games....well, there are Nes,Sega,GB,etc emulators for you to play. Google pretty much let's you visit any website and throw in youtube and you get yourself a pretty awesome package.

I'm sure there are plenty of great apps on the Google marketplace. But the industry leaders are currently on the iPhone. When my boss tells everyone to check out X application, odds are it's going to be on the iPhone. I don't need to use these applications to keep my job or anything - he's just pointing them out as something cool - but I don't enjoy being out of the loop in those kinds of situations.

Plus, the games I want to play on mobile are the games specifically made for mobile. I have plenty of consoles at home and a perfectly capable DS.

Delete
Jul 2, 2010, 11:50 AM
Oh I see now. I was thinking you were talking about apps and games to play around with for fun.

Outrider
Jul 5, 2010, 11:28 PM
The second star of Grandmaster Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

This alone is proof that even games rated E sometimes shouldn't be played within earshot of children.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 6, 2010, 01:13 AM
People coming around July 4th, story talked about, guy @ work everyone gathers around his cubicle, he's the 'hot stuff' who waited in line for the iPhonular 'sounds like single'. Oooh it looks nice though, calls don't work, but it looks nice though!
[spoiler-box](How nicer or diff can it look? same rectangle chubby card key. Slimming it would make it worse, harder to hold, less of an object that won't get lost-easily stolen)[/spoiler-box]

In meeting, hey where's this guy? He should have been here by now, should we call him?
-Nah, his phone has no signal and it won't work.

-

Don't get the iPhone 4 if you want to keep your job Outrider.

Does your boss, the early adopter and "app talk abouter", care about the "grip of death: Steve Jobs just says you are all doing it wrong" or does he manage to get good enough signals in the building/area?

Or is it like all bosses and a secret, but now valid excuse why he cannot be reached in dire or hectic times?

Volcompat321
Jul 6, 2010, 07:37 AM
I'm sure there are plenty of great apps on the Google marketplace. But the industry leaders are currently on the iPhone. When my boss tells everyone to check out X application, odds are it's going to be on the iPhone. I don't need to use these applications to keep my job or anything - he's just pointing them out as something cool - but I don't enjoy being out of the loop in those kinds of situations.

Plus, the games I want to play on mobile are the games specifically made for mobile. I have plenty of consoles at home and a perfectly capable DS.

My friend and I were messing around with each others app store, he has the iPhone, and I have the Droid.
There are sooo many of the same stuff, but of course, not free on iPhone...
Seriously, there's a ton of the same apps, or some of the same apps but a watered down version(for free, from Droid), but with the better one paid.

So you wouldn't be completely out of the loop.
But I'm sure the Droid doesn't have the exact same ones.

Also, T-Mobile, if you want to use them, has a plan down here for 450 minutes, unlimited text, and unlimited date service for only $59.99.
That's not so bad if you don't talk too much, which I don't so it's good for me.

Though, Sprint has the $69.99 deal where you can have unlimited EVERYTHING, even minutes to cell phones, and they have Droids!

(I'd go with Sprint, if you use your phone to talk a lot on the phone during the week, cause T-mobile charges for that).
I was even thinking about switching to Sprint myself, but I've been with T-Mobile so long, I just don't know yet.

Outrider
Jul 6, 2010, 12:43 PM
Don't get the iPhone 4 if you want to keep your job Outrider.

Well, like I said - I'll readily admit that I mostly just want it as a toy. The added benefit of knowing what people are talking about at work just makes it easier for me to want it.

joefro
Jul 6, 2010, 01:02 PM
Does your boss, the early adopter and "app talk abouter", care about the "grip of death: Steve Jobs just says you are all doing it wrong" or does he manage to get good enough signals in the building/area?

Or is it like all bosses and a secret, but now valid excuse why he cannot be reached in dire or hectic times?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/06/10x0625obv1241hold.jpg

I hate Steve Jobs. He's such an arrogant ass hole. I can't believe that Apple is just denying the antennae problem.

Leviathan
Jul 6, 2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/06/10x0625obv1241hold.jpg

I hate Steve Jobs. He's such an arrogant ass hole. I can't believe that Apple is just denying the antennae problem.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4kra7IyPu1qzrlhgo1_500.png

The university I am going to has Blackboard [Worst website ever.] and the only browser that I use [Firefox] is unsupported right now.

lolschool

Ketchup345
Jul 6, 2010, 05:27 PM
The university I am going to has Blackboard [Worst website ever.] and the only browser that I use [Firefox] is unsupported right now.

lolschoolIs your school using an older version of Blackboard? I am logged into my school's Blackboard on Firefox right now (and have been able to for at least 3 years).
http://kb.blackboard.com/display/IDSR/Student+and+Faculty+Support+Resource+Center

Are you using the proper login format? My school used to let us log in with just our username and password with Firefox, IE then after some Blackboard update, Firefox required the school's "initials"\username and password.

Leviathan
Jul 6, 2010, 05:38 PM
It says my Firefox 3.6 is unsupported when I check, but the chart says it should work.

And it's incompatible with Safari 5, and no support for Chrome.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 6, 2010, 07:03 PM
There are sooo many of the same stuff, but of course, not free on iPhone...
Seriously, there's a ton of the same apps, or some of the same apps but a watered down version(for free, from Droid), but with the better one paid.

Well there's always the freeware of the costware- [spoiler-box](which they do not lose money off ever - if someone gets a refund, guess who pays it in full? Not Apple, the creator of the apps, that's robbery/extortion Crapple) [/spoiler-box]
-on the websites all out there fighting the power.

Lil bro found some lately are programmed to say though, "You're using an unlicensed version and there are less features as such" but hopefully you move to one just as good and not as hard coded & safeguarded yet.

But do pass on the application, usually meant to be free, but to those that do buy so the devs can get their share out of it. Or just go ahead and buy the real deal after your free trial. Support that good stuff that works and was made well.

Volcompat321
Jul 6, 2010, 07:29 PM
Well, up until now, I couldn't buy anything cause I didn't have the plan for it.
But, I transferred the phone into my name, so I can buy anything I want now, as long as I have the money to pay for it.

The plan I have is (Actually, I got a good deal for 3 months) 500 minutes, unlimited text and data for only $39.99. After 3 months, it's $69.99.
Kind of expensive, but I'm happy.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 6, 2010, 07:50 PM
I didn't quote your phone plan part!

But thanks for shoving it down my face twice! (4 iMessage combo attax too!)

/not quite a thread more like a post...baby. :wacko:

Was talking about the apps/free not free, how they can be free. ;)

joefro
Jul 6, 2010, 08:00 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4kra7IyPu1qzrlhgo1_500.png

lolschool

My university uses blackboard, and it sucks, but it works on Firefox too. I think that my school optimized it for firefox on os x because a good 40% of the university uses macs. Maybe email the computer lab admin and ask them to optimize it for Mac firefox?

Volcompat321
Jul 6, 2010, 08:27 PM
I didn't quote your phone plan part!

But thanks for shoving it down my face twice! (4 iMessage combo attax too!)

/not quite a thread more like a post...baby. :wacko:

Was talking about the apps/free not free, how they can be free. ;)

No no, thought I would just add that in there.

You're correct though. Some have advertising, while the non free ones don't.
Some are missing stuff, while the non free ones aren't.

Some are just normal, and have nothing bad to it.
I've only downloaded free ones so far, but I'm about to get this nifty $9 dollar one!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 6, 2010, 11:44 PM
I think something on the phones, for $9, will lead to disappointment.

(trying to what that one guy parodied I think, {nobody can} "have a better posting career than you," I also make more NASir Jones references than you... baby. Queensbridge guy in the sig song lyrics, yes, guess who.)

When you got the Street Fighter arcade punch fists maybe I should have in the sig, that I don't have, because I still gotta let people know not to trust over 90. Beyond octogenarians, so much I'll have to look up what 90 and after is for the exact term.

Goofin around too much, I'll make a full topic rant about one singular subject later.

joefro
Jul 7, 2010, 12:18 AM
It is the SIXTH of July. Quit is with the fucking fireworks. :disapprove:

Volcompat321
Jul 7, 2010, 12:24 AM
You know, there are people down here doing it too.
One just went off, it's ridiculous.

Outrider
Jul 7, 2010, 10:17 AM
Y'know how in Back to the Future 2, Marty goes into the future and finds a world with wild technological advancements beyond what he'd ever seen?

The movie places that day as 7/6/2010. That was yesterday.

amtalx
Jul 7, 2010, 11:25 AM
Y'know how in Back to the Future 2, Marty goes into the future and finds a world with wild technological advancements beyond what he'd ever seen?

The movie places that day as 7/6/2010. That was yesterday.

Where's my damn hover-board?

Outrider
Jul 7, 2010, 01:20 PM
Where's my damn hover-board?

This is the closest we've got:

Homemade hoverboard: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/05/5-27-10-backtothefuturehoverboard600.jpg (http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/28/artist-creates-back-to-the-future-hoverboard-that-actually-ho/)

Self-lacing shoes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROEZs0HpFQc

Flux Capacitor: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/12/dec074433u-flux-capacitor.jpg (http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/07/flux-capacitor-replicas-for-sale/)

Also, it turns out that the whole "Back to the Future II was yesterday" thing was a joke/typo from a movie site. We've still give more years!

joefro
Jul 12, 2010, 08:19 PM
Mel Gibson.

Mike
Jul 14, 2010, 02:10 AM
I am confused and am not sure what to do.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 14, 2010, 03:33 AM
Probably lost my everyday super "unbreakable" written on it comb for the last 6-7 years, and kinda a memento of grampa, sentimental value. Or it might be right around the corner of the house.

Yes, I could get new or maybe better combs, but they've usually failed me every step of the way and didn't last nearly as long.

Twas found.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 14, 2010, 07:00 PM
Just thrown out, because I wasn't there to grab bag. Should have been, planned to go and edit movie up early, which didn't happen and could have came back been helping the move out/divorce/court order get. Let down the family - so a real shame.

As well all that stuff, clean. Worth half value at least or sell as a bundle on eBay, damn it. Psycho dad even knew it, but lil bro playing it off, maybe only the "Godzillas" who cares how many years from now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/BinTossed.png

Really need to find where the hell the NES with 50 games, not some bullshit 50 in one cart, but separate stuff are.

SStrikerR
Jul 14, 2010, 08:32 PM
Sickness.

I haven't been sick in months. Today, I woke up aching and with a headache. I woke up so late that I was late to tennis practice, and all we did before it started pouring was stretch and do an ab workout. So, that was a waste of time. I get home, and I start feeling worse. I have a headache and a pretty high fever. So today, I didn't play tennis, I slept for a good 10 hours, and feel shitty. Oh, and I have plans for the next two days.

Awesome.

Oh, and sorry if my post doesn't seem very structured, or out of order. I can't really think.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 16, 2010, 06:23 PM
^SStrikeR already over the worst, right?

-

NES found. Awesome. No Maniac Mansion but seemingly everything else. If not 50 games, since I can't remember even if we did have 50, about half of that in the box. Good enough.

-

Blood stain on suit jacket - I think. I didn't beat anybody up but finger nail chapped near cuticles and silently without any pain to notice bled a little bit onto the white. Linen Rayon blend - "Dry Clean only" Been several days, hope this comes out in any capacity, can live with a little left.

Edit: Linen Ramie blend. Looked it up, and yes came out easily. Some super fiber from plant, just wrinkles too much.

-

One piece of Made in Taiwan Hello Kitty Bear suit honey candy = 12 grams sugar.
>>for comparison
Meiji Pocky style "Lucky Sticks" in Capuccino haven't tried before flavor, 45g whole box = 12 grams sugar.

Now I know why I haven't eaten these sweets in a very long time, and that sickly sweet cat in bear like Mario Tanooki suit, was evil inside! No wonder there is a personified pineapple on the side with a frowning face.

SStrikerR
Jul 17, 2010, 10:42 PM
I thought so, Haya. The headache is barely noticable anymore, I just take advil and I'm fine. But, since the day I got sick, I've been having some other problems as well, leading to me having to go to the hospital tomorrow. I think I already know what the problem is, and it's not very serious, but I would take the headache over it any day.

Wish me luck, ladies and gents.

Leviathan
Jul 17, 2010, 10:48 PM
Apparently it is absolutely wrong for a girl to hang out with a guy.

But it's fine and dandy if a guy hangs out with a girl.

lol @ double standards.

BIG OLAF
Jul 18, 2010, 01:57 AM
Apparently it is absolutely wrong for a girl to hang out with a guy.

But it's fine and dandy if a guy hangs out with a girl.

lol @ double standards.

That is weird. What the hell is the difference?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 18, 2010, 01:58 AM
I thought so, Haya. The headache is barely noticable anymore, I just take advil and I'm fine. But, since the day I got sick, I've been having some other problems as well, leading to me having to go to the hospital tomorrow. I think I already know what the problem is, and it's not very serious, but I would take the headache over it any day.

Wish me luck, ladies and gents.
Yikes. Hopefully nothing serious. Don't worry about strenuous activities of sports/exercise, practice : late to or meeting @ a time and you're late - to not aggravate anything without knowing where you stand and where to go from this point - diagnosis first, you know?

And good luck.

joefro
Jul 19, 2010, 03:09 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5puhfbpwk1qa7qulo1_500.jpg
So fucking hard to avoid spoilers for this movie. Irl and the interwebz. Can't wait till I see it tomorrow.

Delete
Jul 20, 2010, 06:38 AM

Your making me want to bring out my camera and start taking pics of my toy collections. I seriously have like thousands of dollars worth of stuff.

Don't watch this full video because this is when my camera cost like $5....but here's an ideal of one of my many collections. These are from the late 80's and early 90's btw.

http://www.myspace.com/noob_island77/videos

Oh and don't let my myspace make ya think I'm Emo once again, I told ya guys before I like Skeleton type stuff ;)

DoctorQuark
Jul 20, 2010, 09:24 AM
Just thrown out, because I wasn't there to grab bag. Should have been, planned to go and edit movie up early, which didn't happen and could have came back been helping the move out/divorce/court order get. Let down the family - so a real shame.

As well all that stuff, clean. Worth half value at least or sell as a bundle on eBay, damn it. Psycho dad even knew it, but lil bro playing it off, maybe only the "Godzillas" who cares how many years from now.

Really need to find where the hell the NES with 50 games, not some bullshit 50 in one cart, but separate stuff are.

That's quite the collection you've got there. You should save some to make a huge diorama. I'm thinking something along the lines of "Every Monster From The Godzilla Movies Has An Epic Duel Against Link While Chibi Trunks Watches At A Safe Distance".

And I feel your pain, man. Every guy should know where his NES is. Lost mine a few years back. T^T

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 20, 2010, 05:04 PM
Ultraman Plushie there, red, white helmet, was the man. Link was pretty new.

But like it said, that tub was thrown away when I wasn't there. I can't compare to yours Delete or take more pictures of it Dr.Q.

DoctorQuark
Jul 20, 2010, 05:14 PM
'Tis a shame.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 20, 2010, 05:25 PM
Lil Bro also had a very nice McFarlane Metal Gear Solid Snake. Wonder if he kept that somewhere, for a current desk/future cubicle.

DoctorQuark
Jul 20, 2010, 05:33 PM
It'd suck to lose that one. Come to think of it, the toystore downtown where I live has a whole stock of 'em. Maybe I'll grab and Naked Snake and Big Boss figure.

joefro
Jul 20, 2010, 07:21 PM
I hate humidity.

Mike
Jul 20, 2010, 09:48 PM
Screw editing images, I suck at it.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 22, 2010, 03:07 AM
Screw editing images, I suck at it.
I do too, and sometimes the programs help me with that.

Auto B&W image anything I'm importing into it? Hey hey!

But Photoshop the program opening first time for real on someone else's computer, scared the crap outta me. At least I have 5% MX Flash under my belt so that program opening isn't as intimidating. Kept having to right click and edit with/open with MSPaint!

--

Planned shower today, hadn't since Tues. Night? Scratching my head and feeling the funk, but had beanies on past 2 days when going out and about in the wind, maybe Monday night. Uh oh.

After 9 PM shower, someone else, 10-10:30, get my towel and stuff ready, go to other shower in house. Flooded backup. We run to store @ 11:00 pm. Get the liquid Plumber/drainos. Hasn't moved but maybe~ 1 inch either shower/tub water level since pouring the 32 ounces down there. Now 1 AM. Someone's Phone didn't get message when we were at another store, to get some draino/drain clogged just past 9 PM. but that wouldn't have helped much with a few hours leeway.

Opening main drain line out in yard, its not that, but only where the showers meet that one. So at least its not emergency/toilets/sinks don't work too.

Leviathan
Jul 22, 2010, 01:00 PM
1. Called the same place four times because the people in charge of the loans are hurr durrs. It should be fixed by next week though.

2. Everyone's laptop is messed up and mine is the only one that functions. My little brother and older brother like to put gross finger prints on the screen, never turn it off, let it die, treat it awfully pretty much. I want to buy a cover for my poor laptop. It's taken so much of a the past week.

3. Find cover. Sweet! It's aqua, my favorite color. $11 with free shipping? Even better. Oh wait it's from China and will take a month to get here. FUUUUUU-

4. Gateway goes out of their way to make sure you never reach them. Unless you pay $90 for help.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2010, 12:45 AM
3. Find cover. Sweet! It's aqua, my favorite color.

What is that?

Breen? Teal?

aqua, sounding-reminding of pink(barbie girl)

Mike
Jul 25, 2010, 06:59 PM
I work. The other day, I got an email from one of my bosses. It was a screenshot of a webpage, embedded in a Excel spreadsheet. Why? Wouldn't it have been easier to just send the link for the website? It amazes me that some people make so much more work for themselves.

Outrider
Jul 25, 2010, 09:12 PM
I work. The other day, I got an email from one of my bosses. It was a screenshot of a webpage, embedded in a Excel spreadsheet. Why? Wouldn't it have been easier to just send the link for the website? It amazes me that some people make so much more work for themselves.

A friend of mine had to create weekly sales reports in Excel for her boss. She'd split up the information across multiple tabs to keep things organized.

A few months ago, she got an email asking where "x" info was placed. She told her boss it was in the second tab. Her boss gets back to her saying "what are tabs?"

So it turns out that for over a year, her boss hadn't been able to read her reports.

Or basically use Excel.

BIG OLAF
Jul 25, 2010, 11:09 PM
So it turns out that for over a year, her boss hadn't been able to read her reports.

Or basically use Excel.

That calls for a resounding *headdesk*:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3471/3365894091_b9328dc9a8.jpg

Randomness
Jul 26, 2010, 10:40 AM
A friend of mine had to create weekly sales reports in Excel for her boss. She'd split up the information across multiple tabs to keep things organized.

A few months ago, she got an email asking where "x" info was placed. She told her boss it was in the second tab. Her boss gets back to her saying "what are tabs?"

Or basically use Excel.

I thought basic competency in Office was mandatory these days.... wow.

*deskpalm*

joefro
Jul 27, 2010, 02:49 PM
I watched an extremely disturbing video online yesterday. It has kept me freaked out all day. Warning extremely weird: (Or at least I think so) it was of a woman shoplifting a whole chicken, by putting it in a private area of her body :(

Randomness
Jul 27, 2010, 05:35 PM
I watched an extremely disturbing video online yesterday. It has kept me freaked out all day. Warning extremely weird: (Or at least I think so) it was of a woman shoplifting a whole chicken, by putting it in a private area of her body :(

No, that is, in fact, very disturbing.

Mike
Jul 27, 2010, 07:43 PM
I thought basic competency in Office was mandatory these days.... wow.
I'm not a huge Micrsoft fan, nor am I a hater of said company but I wish there was some international standard for word proccesors / office software. Microsoft Office has good coverage and Open Office is free (in all manners of the term I care about) and has decent compatibility options but there are some countries that use software that no one else in the world uses and it's annoying sometimes.

If an international body did decide to set a world standard for office software, I bet South Korea would push their software as the best of the best when it's really not. And when they their bid, they'd keep on using it anyways. Japan's not much better. But I blame this on the costs of software for governmental bodies.

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2010, 02:43 AM
Blah, I hate being 20 years old and feeling like an old man. Pretty much in constant pain, makes it hard to sleep some nights (like tonight). Hips hurt, feet hurt, back/shoulders hurt, the list goes on. Fucking sciatica doesn't help, either.

Gawdamn. Well, time to try to fall asleep again.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 29, 2010, 11:50 PM
Blah, I hate being 20 years old and feeling like an old man. Pretty much in constant pain, makes it hard to sleep some nights (like tonight). Hips hurt, feet hurt, back/shoulders hurt, the list goes on. Fucking sciatica doesn't help, either.

Yikes.

Might want to try to fitness ball and or muscle rollers even when not working out at all.

Or a local learning annex class on back problems and lifelong stretching and things to help you cope. Think lil bro tried through our college out this way some yoga stuff, but might not have seen the flyer for next semester about the back stretching PE class. Ran off the details to mom, who passed it onto em but she couldn't remember all the details, should have just took the flyer off the pushpin bulletin boards.

Best of luck sleeping.

-

Simple painless rant here:

Haven't watched the new Futurama Season until today. At least there's a going into the future one on in a few minutes. Sounds promising.

& keep forgetting to watch that Adventure Time.

Volcompat321
Jul 30, 2010, 12:12 AM

Damn, that is horrible.
You definitely should try stretching out, and whatnot before doing anything.
Unless of course, it's too painful to even do that.

(And I'm somewhat glad I'm not the only one with sleeping problems, for whatever the reason!) :P

Keely
Jul 30, 2010, 04:04 PM
Argh. Why didn't the little bluebelly lizard run left instead of right under my shoe? I felt its little body being squeezed and most of its tail was left in the aftermath :(. Its tail will never grow back as nice looking as the original. At least it was still alive enough to run into some bushes but I hope not to die.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 30, 2010, 04:28 PM
Been having really weird dreams and restless sleep the past few days. I think it's my general stress infecting my dreams, where I REALLY don't want them.

SStrikerR
Jul 30, 2010, 06:04 PM
Hey, at least you can remember your dreams. Out of the past...6 months or so, I've only remembered one dream. I got lost in NYC. No idea what that's supposed to mean, haha.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 30, 2010, 06:20 PM
I used to be able to remember my dreams in their entirety, and control them as well. Now I only remember bits and pieces, and I can't control them as well anymore; though I can consciously think in them.

Leviathan
Jul 30, 2010, 10:38 PM
The heat.

Temps for the upcoming week:
102º, 104º, 104º, 102º, 102º.

And these are just estimates.

Winter needs to happen now.

SStrikerR
Jul 31, 2010, 01:54 AM
I used to be able to remember my dreams in their entirety, and control them as well. Now I only remember bits and pieces, and I can't control them as well anymore; though I can consciously think in them.That's pretty much how I used to be. Now, nothing. I'm not really sure why.

Zarode
Aug 1, 2010, 02:56 PM
Getting very tired of being kicked from games by doing my job as an Acrotecher (buff, heal, dispel debuffs and crap, debuff to tag for exp.).

I am not casting offensive magic when the debuff is going to add more damage to the party as a whole than one cast of anything I got. :disapprove:

Plus less lag. My 360 is starting to moan to the lag. Haugh, its probably going to red ring at this rate.

Palle
Aug 1, 2010, 04:29 PM
Attention 99% of MonHan video uploaders: that's enough with the obnoxious and terribad soundtracks. The game has, in addition to a great original score, useful sound cues that will help me compensate for the awful video quality you've provided.

Love,

Fuming in Frisco

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 1, 2010, 07:22 PM
Some people just don't understand.

[spoiler-box]If you need to talkabout boobies every 2 seconds to reaffirm your manhood with an online base of people just here for jokes and community, that says something more about you and your maturity level than it does "expressing yourself."

So you're not smart enough to handle a post that goes different places than boobies, that doesn't put me down as much as it reveals you can't handle someone's post with an inferior, linear mind. When in fact some of my posts might swing that way, pointing out such things with subtlety or exposing a "woah" moment, if you had seen them. Thus "how to get away with it" or post some post about boobies YAY!

I don't understand why you need to post about "I like boobies, yes I do" and feel you won't be the outcast, or that because you don't understand other people's posts - not always about boobies - that you won't think people wonder WTF is wrong with you every 2 seconds, look at those anime drawing boobies.

I added to the FKL forum rules (important stuff everyone was breaking, encyc dramatica- chans 4 - no posts from there you stupids) and it was removed, they reverted back to geewj's last revision. Regardless of old mods having their name attached, the rules have been the same for years:

PSO World is a site themed for all ages. This means no posting of any adult-related material or material that would be non-suitable for viewing by minors.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30582 (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30582)

Yes, minors and parents view the site, especially now there's a Nintendo DS game latest release. Understand there's more people here than you. They want it a family show, respect their decision or don't use the forums. You won't win the fight of shaping it to your preference without anything on your side of this being your site. Not even close. Their site.

-

The fact I'm responding to someone who's biggest claim to fame is "I don't like SEGA games - I'm the only one who knows they're bad" - we know what's bad about the games already - & "They locked me out to stop me posting, I'm badder than Mike Jack" - we heard that one too, is a BULLSHIT thread post.

Nobody really cares, but I guess its in the young people's genes to act faster, use all the wit on unnecessary arguments, ram headbutting for the onlookers? You onlookers need to stop looking here.

Persona thing was thread gone so far already a mess, I was going to post it elsewhere, didn't get the chance, now I don't have to ever post it again.

Would you like to enlighten anyone with why you post other than - "sexuality is natural okay!" * No girls so I will act out never getting a girls, online oy vey! There are plenty of other forums with lesser restrictions on sexual talk on up to porn sharing forums, if you can't find it elsewhere and don't understand this forum doesn't want that stuff - "no forum is ever made better by porn," then you will look bad. Like you cant understand the online world.

*Not on PG-13 game forums it isn't. Keep it in your pants, stupid. An addendum to "keep it simple stupid," or follow the rules lest you stand out and look stupid (another of those Nihongo qualities of life - sometimes infamous) hammer the nail that stands out, different person is chastised. Don't talk about what's ironic if you don't understand how to use the word.

And I covered those parts of the post where you make a 20% clarity statement, think its 100%, but its only to you, then you do this which nullifies any serious argument: ">_>" <-muthafucka are you 12 years old? Still haven't grown up from AOL4.0? The Fuck?

And those, always used stupid sense, think about it. "Your post is worse here than the other post there" which is super subjective and the mods have the final say. It doesn't matter who thinks what is worse among users. Report it and let the mods know your opinion added to theirs, while not always better -they won't claim it either - but at least takes into consideration what's best for the site and final judgment.

Nothing about those 2 girls says Phantasy Star, "anyway." Pay attention, its one of those fanservice things that could be any two different color hair anime/game based anime style girls. Get out of here.

Take a break from what? To post 2 cents in there?

That doesn't make sense.[/spoiler-box]
But they just aren't community people, but an amoeba of this place is for me, I don't look out for anyone but my own interests first. I want to do that, I will justify it, rules and site owner be damned.

And of course in a post woefully aimed at a few quotes you veer off 4 different ways into 4 different arguments that are half assed and again post "Sega stinks neener neener" when you said it yourself and got super slammed: "I don't make games, I play them" <-like it was some epiphany that places you on the higher plane the game makers must bow to your judgment.

Play the games, don't. One opinion. Back of the line.

/I'm going to report my own post here for being stupid enough to talk about a locked topic, even though I didn't get chance to respond, but if by locking it at that crap of a drop post - it might make that user think "oh look again, they stifle my views, giving credence weight to them, I'm right again and will stick around here for no reason to strike troll where I want, same subjects 4 times again-nobody understands but I do it anyway - broken record."

& user drama runs the forums for some people, phases, this'll pass too.

Delete
Aug 3, 2010, 01:23 PM
Anyone wanna help me stab my bro in his leg since he backstabbed me with my own girl?

joefro
Aug 3, 2010, 02:55 PM
The new Dragon Age DLC is $5. It must be literally five minutes long. The others were priced at $7+ and they were all easily beaten in under an hour.

I much rather full expansions than bite sized dlc. Too much money for too little content.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2010, 03:55 PM
People who always act like victims. Shit, you're not special, get the fuck over yourself. If people are telling you what you're doing wrong, you should listen and see if you can fix it, not be a complete bitch.

amtalx
Aug 3, 2010, 04:48 PM

Outrider
Aug 3, 2010, 04:51 PM
Man, red onions will rue the day they decided to be all gross and in everything.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 3, 2010, 07:37 PM
Man, red onions will rue the day they decided to be all gross and in everything.
Yeah.

Why can't those jerks be like Red Potatoes?

-
These bite sized Rants, better than WTF I just did here.

-
Condolences Delete. Dang EA joefro. Swear jar Nitro. Disapprove dating Wacko, amtalx -uh-o.

Tessu
Aug 3, 2010, 08:37 PM
Step 1:
Lie down with a headache, with the intention of resting for a bit and rejuvenating due to the soul-splitting pain in your head.

Step 2:
Fall asleep. If you feel yourself getting more tired, you're doing it wrong. Just skip the whole process and go straight to the 'being unconscious' part.

Step 3:
Wake up 3-4 hours later, confused, disoriented, and with a worse headache than you started.

Repeat process on a weekly basis.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 3, 2010, 09:43 PM
We tell you all the time to not sleep so damn much. >_>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 3, 2010, 09:47 PM
Condolences again.

But possibly try the home remedy go rounds?

Everyone has an opinion. That they may not have ever tried, but they're going to tell you what to do, you specimen to test subject on, you.

Cold washcloth, on up to ice pack/bag, on the (fore)head to cool down like fever style. Sounds good, but I'm not sick, headache to try it myself and report the results. Feel free to try if it also sounds like it might help or you haven't tried it already - to no avail/relief.

-

Sayara interrogate about those orange pills. Any brand working better, any help alleviate the pain.

Sayara
Aug 3, 2010, 10:00 PM
Dear customers;
WHILE YOU MAY "HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY"
use common sense; if i am operating a power jack with about 200-400 lbs of frozen merchandise DO NOT TRY TO CUT ME OFF or have your kids frantically flee around.

I already grow tense operating it being surrounded by you morons doesn't help the cause. Furtherly don't get pissy at me if I am moving slowly to NOT hit any of you ungrateful assholes. Give a person some $ and they think theyre the king of the road.

Tessu
Aug 4, 2010, 02:05 AM
We tell you all the time to not sleep so damn much. >_>

No no, it's not intentional sleeping. It's like a "close your eyes for 2 seconds and wake up an hour later" situation. That's what's so hard about it. If it were intentional, I wouldn't be complaining - that's the best sleep. But when the sleep leaps out of the darkness and grabs your brain and attacks it, THAT'S NO GOOD!

Condolences again.

But possibly try the home remedy go rounds?

Everyone has an opinion. That they may not have ever tried, but they're going to tell you what to do, you specimen to test subject on, you.

Cold washcloth, on up to ice pack/bag, on the (fore)head to cool down like fever style. Sounds good, but I'm not sick, headache to try it myself and report the results. Feel free to try if it also sounds like it might help or you haven't tried it already - to no avail/relief.

-

Sayara interrogate about those orange pills. Any brand working better, any help alleviate the pain.

I suppose that would be a useful way to remedy the aching heads without risking narcoleptic sleeping fits. I'll give it a shot next time I need to lie down and don't trust myself to not run off into dreamland without my permission (?).

Volcompat321
Aug 4, 2010, 08:07 AM
No no, it's not intentional sleeping. It's like a "close your eyes for 2 seconds and wake up an hour later" situation.

I only wish my brain could do this.
:(

Sayara
Aug 4, 2010, 08:19 AM
Other head healing methods depending on the pain type...
1. Hot Shower hitting the head, massage harder with conditioner/shampoo
2. pulling the hair and moving it around in a circle.
3. Heavy breathe/yoga
4. more water intake
5. a method capable of releiving a lot of tension out of your body (ie bath, other methods)
6. Fresh Air
7. Eating (its not as likely as you think your ache is food related)

Sleeping; unless its the end of your day usually never works. I am coming from this with expereince that i have a 77% headache ratio these days.

Outrider
Aug 4, 2010, 10:08 AM
Weird. When I get bad headaches, taking a nap in a dark and quite room for an hour or so is usually the easiest solution.

Then again, I think my headaches are often caused by stress and a lack of sleep, so... yeah.

Anduril
Aug 4, 2010, 06:25 PM
This doesn't make me so much angry as a bit depressed: 5th job interview in the past 2 months; 5th rejection. Not to mention this is out of 30 or so applications I have submitted.

Volcompat321
Aug 4, 2010, 09:18 PM
This doesn't make me so much angry as a bit depressed: 5th job interview in the past 2 months; 5th rejection. Not to mention this is out of 30 or so applications I have submitted.

That's pretty much what I've done, cept I got accepted for one, but cant make it to the training.. LAME!

Good luck on the job hunt though!
I'm also still looking.

Then I might just go to school. Said this a million times already though.

Leviathan
Aug 4, 2010, 09:44 PM
I want to move into my dorm already.

18 incredibly long and excruciating days.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 8, 2010, 10:56 PM
Then I might just go to school. Said this a million times already though.
& now you've got a plan only a few days later.

-

Pimple on the nose, red sore Rudolph Reindeer edition, lots of things down in there not going away with washing/alcohol cotton ball scrub, some tools.

And of course it shows up out of nowhere. When 2 days ago, nothing. Out of bandaids, and big ones no good for that anyway. Practice fitting em to let me know something for something else later though.

BIG OLAF
Aug 9, 2010, 01:00 AM
Weird. When I get bad headaches, taking a nap in a dark and quite room for an hour or so is usually the easiest solution.

Damn, it's exactly the opposite for me. When I take a nap, I usually wake up with one or more of the following:

-Headaches
-Dizziness/disorientation
-Severe(i.e, painful) hunger
-Extreme dry-mouth

So, if I feel like shit, sleeping is pretty counter-productive. I wonder if there's something wrong with me, because I don't think anyone else wakes up from a nap feeling worse than when they fell asleep.

Keely
Aug 9, 2010, 01:09 AM
Pimple on the nose, red sore Rudolph Reindeer edition, lots of things down in there not going away with washing/alcohol cotton ball scrub, some tools.

To Devo's "Whip It" melody:

When a pimple comes along
You must ice it
Before the cube sits out to long
You must ice it
When something's going wrong
You must ice it

Now ice it
Into shape
It's not to late
To ice it
Ice it good

Volcompat321
Aug 9, 2010, 02:26 AM
Damn, it's exactly the opposite for me. When I take a nap, I usually wake up with one or more of the following:

-Headaches
-Dizziness/disorientation
-Severe(i.e, painful) hunger
-Extreme dry-mouth

So, if I feel like shit, sleeping is pretty counter-productive. I wonder if there's something wrong with me, because I don't think anyone else wakes up from a nap feeling worse than when they fell asleep.

Yous guys are all so unlucky. :/

I cant ever seem to get a headache(not that I want em).
Never had any type of dizziness or anything. :D

joefro
Aug 9, 2010, 05:13 AM
My laptop charger is being a pain in the ass. It stops charging for no reason, sometimes for hours at a time. I've already had the computer fixed for this problem.

Ugh.

[spoiler-box]I just want a normal computer like this[/spoiler-box]

Volcompat321
Aug 9, 2010, 05:28 AM
My laptop charger is being a pain in the ass. It stops charging for no reason, sometimes for hours at a time. I've already had the computer fixed for this problem.

Ugh.

[spoiler-box]I just want a normal computer like this[/spoiler-box]

Oooh, that is nice.

Tetsaru
Aug 9, 2010, 02:39 PM
I've been having a bunch of technical difficulties hit me lately too:

- A couple of weeks or so ago, the USB cable for my PS3 to charge my controllers decided to die on me, so I was unable to play my PS3 once my controllers ran out of juice. Of course, being the shitty town that I live in, Wal-Mart doesn't even have one (keep in mind - the place where Sam Walton had one of his first stores still doesn't have a Supercenter yet), and Radio Shack overprices the hell out of their stuff, so I had to wait to go out of town to get one at Best Buy. And no, ordering online is a pain in the ass for me, because I don't have a debit/credit card or Paypal, and it usually takes a while to deliver stuff here. Ironically, this isn't the first time this has happened; another USB cable of the same kind died on me too while I was still in college, but my dumb ass thought it was the controller, so I ended up dropping $60 on a new one (which now, I don't regret, because it has rumble and is in much better shape than the used one I originally had). Thing is, I probably could've used a cable that came with an old MP3 player I had... if I hadn't left it in the floor for it to get the end crushed underneath a chair when my rather large friend sat down in it... :disapprove:

- My headset that I use with my PC is also derping out on me. Apparently, the mic still works on it, but the headphones must be busted, because I couldn't hear my friends on Teamspeak for the longest time, and then I tested them with some music, and the audio was garbled. And I've only had this headset for a few months. :( I have a bluetooth headset for my PS3, but my PC isn't bluetooth compatible.

- My TV is also pissing me off. Lately, every time I turn it on, the audio is static-ey as hell, to the point where you can barely hear what's playing, but the video is fine - no snow or anything. But sometimes, the audio goes out completely, and then if I try changing channels or signals, the video goes out too, to a black screen, and then I have to turn it off and back on again. I've been having to do this several times in a row lately. However, if I can get it to stay on without derping out for about 10 minutes or so, the static noise eventually goes away, and it works just fine. o_o; I've tried unplugging stuff to see if there's a grounding issue or something, I've dusted the thing off and all the stuff around it, I've tried new cables... nothing seems to work. And it's not very old either - probably about 3 years since I got it. WTF is wrong with my TV!?

- My PC works fine still, but I can tell it's getting old - it's going REEEEAAAAALLLLLY slow on a lot of things, and I don't have any viruses or anything bad on it that I know of, although the hard drive's nearly maxed out. Of course, installing an antivirus program itself often slows a PC down horribly... A while back, I had to go out of town to my cousin's wedding, and I left it on like I always do. Unknown to me, however, a bad storm rolled through on the way up there, and it must've hit our place when we got back - my power supply was shot, and I couldn't get my PC to turn on. Luckily, a friend of mine had some spare parts, so I was able to get back in business... although I also had to downgrade my graphics card too. The power supply he had apparently had cables that weren't compatible with the card I had. I tried running a benchmark software for FF14 that another friend sent me, to see if I could run it... HA! I was stuck at a black screen, and the "rating" that the software gave me appeared to be two white squares. O_o;

YEEEEAAAAAAAH... once I find a job, I'm saving up for some new stuff... >_<

Outrider
Aug 9, 2010, 04:18 PM
I just want a normal computer like this

That is not the computer you want.

This (http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2007/04/compubeaver_nas/) is the computer you want.

joefro
Aug 9, 2010, 04:59 PM
Oh, my. It's beautiful.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 9, 2010, 09:17 PM
To Devo's "Whip It" melody:

When a pimple comes along
You must ice it
Before the cube sits out to long
You must ice it
When something's going wrong
You must ice it

Now ice it
Into shape
It's not to late
To ice it
Ice it good
Vanilla :ice: :ice: ... baby! is the key?

Well its only under the skin, thankfully, and has mellowed out over the 3 day period so far. Soon to scab off peel away.

Thanks for help, via collapsable camping cup looking red hats, musical artist doods.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Aug 10, 2010, 03:01 AM
Wasps. =-=
Hate. HATE Wasps. Was doing Laundry today and a huge one flew it, wouldn't leave. It's trying to build a nest too. ;x

Tetsaru
Aug 10, 2010, 04:03 AM
Wasps. =-=
Hate. HATE Wasps. Was doing Laundry today and a huge one flew it, wouldn't leave. It's trying to build a nest too. ;x

Oh man, FUCK WASPS. And dirt daubers for looking like them. A few days ago, I was about to step outside to get the mail... as soon as I opened the front door, two of em dive straight at me. Of course, I was still half-asleep and in my boxers when this happens to, so I'm freaking the fuck out... @_@ My mom thought she saw one fly inside the refrigerator while she was getting something, but so far, I haven't encountered it... it should've froze to death by now anyway, lol.

That's not the only incident I've had with wasps either. Besides being traumatized as kid when they found a hole in the living room window of my grandma's house to crawl through and divebomb me from, one summer, my folks and I were doing some yard work (keep in mind, I live in a rural area next to some fields, so my yard's huge lol), and my mom suddenly felt a sting on her leg, so she went back in the house to see what it was. A few minutes later, we had to call an ambulance because she had an allergic reaction and was having trouble breathing. We don't know for sure what it was, but we're pretty sure it was one of these damned things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnguQZjRBVA

My dad managed to find and catch one in our yard (which doesn't surprise me, we have all sorts of critters out here lol). Fucking thing's stinger looked like a damn cactus needle - must've been a good inch long or so, and it was thrusting it around like crazy.

Yeeeeeaaaaah... FUCK WASPS.

Leviathan
Aug 11, 2010, 01:50 AM
http://i36.tinypic.com/345z9kx.png

amtalx
Aug 11, 2010, 03:40 PM
The new Tomb Raider game, the first one since Tomb Raider II that doesn't look like complete shit, is shipping without co-op despite being designed for co-op from the ground up.

Finish your games before you ship them, goddammit.

joefro
Aug 11, 2010, 04:05 PM
The new Tomb Raider game, the first one since Tomb Raider II that doesn't look like complete shit, is shipping without co-op despite being designed for co-op from the ground up.

Finish your games before you ship them, goddammit.

Yeah, it's complete bullshit. I was really looking forward to it, but now I'll probably wait until they add co-op before I buy it.

waiting for someone to say that it was microsoft that rushed the game when it was square enix's decision to take part in the summer of arcade

Outrider
Aug 11, 2010, 04:47 PM
It's being shipped without online co-op.

amtalx
Aug 11, 2010, 05:04 PM
It's being shipped without online co-op.

True. However, online co-op has been the status quo for a long time, local co-op is just shy of useless these days. Which reminds me, what the f*ck was Ubisoft thinking making Scott Pilgrim vs. The World local co-op only? Crystal Dynamics are a big bag of dicks for leaving out online co-op at release for the new Tomb Raider game, but at least it's planned.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 12, 2010, 07:24 PM
"That was the first time I've ever laughed out loud on this forum."

One: No one cares what you laughed at.
Two: You now look like the biggest douche ever, because you sound like you have your head up your ass.
Three: NOTHIN' WRONG WITH ME

Delete
Aug 14, 2010, 08:42 AM
Having to work 28 pallets in a single night is not fun.......it's actually the same as taking a hammer and hammering uknowut.

SStrikerR
Aug 14, 2010, 12:04 PM
My laptop isn't working. The irony is how I was just saying a week ago that it was running perfectly fine. I turn it on, get windows recovery error. I can't start it on safe mode or anything, and I don't have the installation disc that my computer tells me I need to repair my files. So, basically I'm screwed and will have to recover my computer when I get home tomorrow. Starting from scratch is not fun.

joefro
Aug 15, 2010, 10:19 PM
Video game beta tests. I'm so tired of the ridiculous process most games make you go through to get into a beta. It's ridiculous.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 15, 2010, 10:35 PM
What games are you playing? >_>

joefro
Aug 15, 2010, 10:49 PM
Trying to get in the FFXIV beta, just to see if my computer runs it well enough. I'm not going to get it if I can't run it smoothly.

It's not just that game though, it seems like most games have a ridiculous process. You either need to sign up for some website or be a subscriber of a certain service.

amtalx
Aug 15, 2010, 11:16 PM
Trying to get in the FFXIV beta, just to see if my computer runs it well enough. I'm not going to get it if I can't run it smoothly.

I built my rig about two years ago and it runs just fine (3.0 Core 2 Duo/ATI 4870). I got in the beta and abandoned it... I feel a little bad about not doing my part by contributing feedback, but it's just not worth the migraine inducing boredom to actually play the game.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 15, 2010, 11:22 PM
Just saw commercial for new "Resident Evil:in 3D"

They need to stop. (3D stuff too, Jerry O' Connell how old now?! in a colledgedeg movie?)

* "how bout no" hands out bear pic *

Tetsaru
Aug 16, 2010, 05:46 AM

It's not just that game though, it seems like most games have a ridiculous process. You either need to sign up for some website or be a subscriber of a certain service.

I'll admit it, FF14 DID seem to make you jump through a lot of hoops to sign up. Despite that, I may end up resubmitting a new application for the PS3 Beta instead, which'll probably start either late this year (if we're lucky), or sometime early next year, from what one of my friends is telling me - he's been in both the Alpha AND Beta testing for the PC version. He sent me the benchmark program to see how well my PC would handle it... I could hear some of the audio, but I had a black screen the whole time and two white squares as my "rating," even on the lowest settings. O_o; Of course, my PC's getting old, and I had to downgrade the graphics card in it...

@ amtalx: Just curious, what did you not like about it that made it seem too boring? I've been watching some livestreams of my friend playing the Beta; from what I've seen so far, there's not much to do except explore the map (which is HUGE, btw) and fight monsters, but granted, it's still a Beta, and FF11's early game was very similar. I'm glad that they made the combat a bit more involving, and the character creation more expansive, though.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 16, 2010, 07:12 AM
Cricket outside the window.

Need to sleep, school starting up again tomorrow. Can't tune it out, they just Energizer bunny the last 3 hours and prob more. Exponentially worse than leaky faucet, the reverse rooster, these bastards.

Figured after DVD of The Bank Job, get some shut eye around 2 am. Now sat thru Sportscenter. Hasselhoff roast twice, Willenium Big Willie Style THS, now goofy bad movie Eraser: Arnold and Vanessa Williams.

-

He shot an aquarium which let out alligators. CGI alligators. Knocked his gun away. Then suddenly its back in his hands.
BLAT
"You're luggage" but its Arnold so he enunciates it
"YORE LUGGEDGE"

I'd laugh at the cornyness of this Last Action Hero but I'd rather sleep.

Also after that, they escaped the zoo bullet ridden by AK 47 automatic gunfire by jumping through a prop window. Nothing how they escaped all the other gun guys in the park, just window jump thru stunt man time. Next scene starts without a hitch from the window jump spending budget - Arnold makes a cell phone call on a very old flip phone. The flip flap being the smallest part of the phone and the size of phones now. And his screen is OG Gameboy green, so even a zoom in on his number dialing or to who is incomprehensible.

amtalx
Aug 16, 2010, 09:16 AM
@ amtalx: Just curious, what did you not like about it that made it seem too boring? I've been watching some livestreams of my friend playing the Beta; from what I've seen so far, there's not much to do except explore the map (which is HUGE, btw) and fight monsters, but granted, it's still a Beta, and FF11's early game was very similar. I'm glad that they made the combat a bit more involving, and the character creation more expansive, though.

The biggest turn-off is the main plot line. I'm sure it will change when the final version ships, but the beta is almost unbearable. There's no back story or context for anything. Each section consists of meeting one disposable character with an awful pirate accent who sends you to yet another almost identical character.

The combat improved from to alpha to the beta, but it was mostly due to the UI improvements. The core mechanics are still slow and clunky.

The reason I was interested in FFXIV is because I heard it was going to fix the problems with FFXI. In a sense it has addressed some of the usability issues, but FFXIV is more of a FFXI-2 than a whole new game. There's a ton of polish, but it's still the mind-numbing time sink that FFXI is. Bottom line: If you liked FFXI, you'll feel at home with FFXIV. If you wanted FFXIV to bring something new to the table and finally get you into an FF MMO, keep walking.

Tetsaru
Aug 16, 2010, 12:23 PM
The biggest turn-off is the main plot line. I'm sure it will change when the final version ships, but the beta is almost unbearable. There's no back story or context for anything. Each section consists of meeting one disposable character with an awful pirate accent who sends you to yet another almost identical character.

The combat improved from to alpha to the beta, but it was mostly due to the UI improvements. The core mechanics are still slow and clunky.

The reason I was interested in FFXIV is because I heard it was going to fix the problems with FFXI. In a sense it has addressed some of the usability issues, but FFXIV is more of a FFXI-2 than a whole new game. There's a ton of polish, but it's still the mind-numbing time sink that FFXI is. Bottom line: If you liked FFXI, you'll feel at home with FFXIV. If you wanted FFXIV to bring something new to the table and finally get you into an FF MMO, keep walking.

Personally, as far as MMORPG's go, a well-written storyline is awesome, but not entirely crucial for my enjoyment of the game (CERTAINLY not for PSU, lol). When I play an online game, having fun with my friends is usually top priority, whether that means trying to tackle a tough dungeon together, competing to see who can get the best items/equipment, or trying to kick each other's asses in some form of PvP.

I enjoyed FF11, but a few things killed it for me:

1 - It took FOREVER to do ANYTHING. Most of this came from waiting hours on end trying to form a party, only to have someone afk/not do their job/etc. after only a few battles, or from not always being able to warp or travel quickly across multiple large maps infested with enemies that can kick your ass, which leads me to...

2 - Inability to efficiently solo when you can't find a party. In order to REALLY solo, you'd need to have specific job class combinations with specific gear... which you'd have to get by being in parties to level them up and earn enough spoils first.

3 - Community elitism. If you play as a certain class, people will expect you to have certain gear for your level and know how to do your job well. If you don't, you may end up getting the rest of the party killed in battle, because you didn't know how enmity works, or because you're using a weapon that isn't recommended for your class even though you like wielding a scythe "because it looks cool," etc. Then, you get kicked from the party, and you're back to square one again.

4 - Character customization was lacking. Sure, your appearance changes depending on what gear you have equipped, but there's no personalization involved, plus a lot of other people around your level and of the same job class will probably have the same stuff... if they're keeping their gear properly updated.

5 - Combat was slow and often seemed routine instead of strategical. I admit, I've only played Monk, Warrior, and Paladin during the course of my FF11 experience, but almost every battle seemed like, "Provoke, auto-attack, Cure, Provoke again once it cools down, keep auto-attacking, Cure again, Provoke again, use Sentinel if it's up, OH, my TP's at 100% - use weapon skill, Provoke/auto-attack again, etc."

From what I've seen and read about, most of these issues are being addressed in FF14, so I'm hoping I can get into it more than FF11. And as long as the PS3 version doesn't take too long, I'll be able to level up alongside my friends easier - something I wasn't able to do with FF11, although the Level Sync system helped fix that to some degree.

Also, keep in mind - FF11's been out for what... 7 years now? FF14 isn't even OUT yet. I don't think it's fair to really call it "FF11-2" at this point, and even then, it'd be kinda like comparing PSO and PSU. Give it a while to age first. :)

joefro
Aug 17, 2010, 09:37 PM
*Some* people. :whip:

Outrider
Aug 22, 2010, 08:00 PM
I am becoming very familiar with the Game Over screen in Sin & Punishment 2.

And I'm only on Normal.

AND I'm playing as Kachi.

I think it's time to cry.

Granted, the final boss isn't super easy, but if I'm having this much trouble, I have no idea how I'll ever play on Hard.

Let's not even get into the fact that I don't think I'll ever be able to play through some of these stages without dying.

Ketchup345
Aug 22, 2010, 10:07 PM
Why did you have to wait for 45 minutes before closing after staying out in bad weather all day to call for a tow in in the middle of a downpour? Anyone with any sense would probably have been in hours ago, or not out at all today.

amtalx
Aug 22, 2010, 11:45 PM
I am becoming very familiar with the Game Over screen in Sin & Punishment 2.

And I'm only on Normal.

AND I'm playing as Kachi.

I think it's time to cry.

Granted, the final boss isn't super easy, but if I'm having this much trouble, I have no idea how I'll ever play on Hard.

Let's not even get into the fact that I don't think I'll ever be able to play through some of these stages without dying.

I actually found Isa to be a little easier in some sections, simply because it's not a pain to choose your own target.

Still though, I know that feeling. My first time through really pushed my abilities. But as with most Treasure games, the fun really begins one your second play when your understanding of the combat system is much deeper. I really didn't realize how many things I was doing wrong until I'd seen everything once.

Outrider
Aug 22, 2010, 11:53 PM
This is actually my second playthrough. I did Isa on Easy first and I'm now on the final stage of the final boss with a norma Kachi playthrough.

I don't remember the requirements for unlocking Isa/Kachi mode, so what my next playthrough will be is up in the air.

I was having trouble on the final boss's first form, but I managed to beat him not twenty minutes after posting. Kachi's auto-lock is proving to be a pain on the final form, as I keep trying to attack the red explosive shots but find myself shooting at random blue shots or the boss himself. I've gotten him down to 1000-1500 hp, but I always lose almost all of my health when he spits out the green shots and wind up dying before I can finish him off.

I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

amtalx
Aug 23, 2010, 09:32 AM
You'll get Isa/Kachi mode for finishing the game with both characters on any difficulty, so you'll get it when you beat it with Kachi.

It would be a total shift in strategy, but I didn't really shoot at all on the final form. I used my melee attack to send all the shots back unless I found myself horribly out of position. It's very effective, but you'll need to memorize the bullet patterns to make sure you're on top of the red shots when they appear, and send back large clusters of bullets where possible. I died a ton getting the patterns right, but afterward I was able to get through the whole form with only a few scratches. Above all, it sidesteps Kachi's ham-fisted approach to targeting.

Outrider
Aug 23, 2010, 01:07 PM
Interesting. I'll have to try that tonight.

I had actually tried doing melee with Isa before I realized shooting the bullets sent them backwards on my first playthrough. I had a lot of trouble with it, but now that I'm more familiar with the bullet patterns I'll give it a shot.

Shakuri
Aug 25, 2010, 09:29 AM
If I say I'm trying to sleep. I mean I'm trying to sleep, don't keep pestering me because you're too incompetent to do anything on your own. :disapprove:

Outrider
Aug 25, 2010, 02:21 PM
I got to my car this morning and it looks like somebody busted it up.

It looks like somebody hit it a couple times with a blunt object (though on multiple sides, so it wasn't somebody hitting it with a car.) There are white, uniform lines where it made contact that make it look like it was a paint can.

Aside from some scratches (and I think the windows can just be cleaned - I don't think there was any real damage done to them), I basically have a dent on my driver's side rear door and they removed the passenger side mirror from the case.

At least one other car in the lot was also damaged. I think it was just some asshole making a mess of things in the garage.

I called the cops and filed a report, but I don't think anything will come of it.

Ah well. It could've been worse. The car itself is still fine and it's mostly some minor cosmetic damage.

joefro
Aug 25, 2010, 03:39 PM
My university's budget cuts were so deep that they had to cut the swimming pool. This is ridiculous. Did the pool really cost that much to keep up?
Maybe if they would cancel "Back to School Day" tomorrow, that would save them a few grand.

Volcompat321
Aug 25, 2010, 04:01 PM
So, I needed new contacts for the past month or so....
I've been using the ones I've had for almost 2 and a half month, only supposed to use em for a month.

I sent my sister to the eye store, cause she was using the car.
Well, I called them, and found out prices. They say $35 a box. Sure, sounds cheap!
(That's for a 6 month supply).

Now, they took my name, and my info, and when I was asking, I figured they'd give me the full pricing details.

I guess I needed 2 boxes, cause I have two different prescriptions.....
They couldn't tell me this on the phone?!

It's not a big deal, I paid it anyway, but they should have let me know it would be more.

And of course when my sister gets there, they don't tell me or her any options for which ones I can get, and gave her one of the most expensive contacts they have.
$80 a fucking set.
So I have to pay $160 a year for this shit. (which doesn't seem bad, and it's not.. but I just wanted some warning while they had me on the phone).
Should have just went to Walmart.

Another thing that pissed me off was they had to make my sister wait for them to call me BACK. after I told them my sister was picking them up.
they had to call me to confirm it was okay she could pick them up.
Like I said, AFTER I called them and said she will be.

What's up with them needing to confirm my okaying her?
It's not like the contacts are a narcotic or anything, and they're getting their money no matter who's picking them up. Jeeeez.

Ketchup345
Aug 25, 2010, 04:41 PM
I would have thought a drive through place completed less than 2 months ago would have nice good working modern speakers. Nope. They couldn't understand us, and we could barely hear one of them.

Also, if I wanted pickles and onions on my burger, I would have asked for them.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 27, 2010, 07:20 PM
Emo level 5
Bash own family on Internet lv 7
Gotta be right about something on Internet level 8?

Talk too much level 10.

.;. Better boxy Dee Low brown it up.

-

Laundry. Find your own damn food. Provide food for everyone else at same time.

[spoiler-box]
Waiting a week or almost 2 weeks now to do it. Going out there. Whole basket on top. Dryer full. Washer full. Shit man. To do anything, gotta pull it out, put the other one in the dryer, hope it finishes in time to dry my own. Probably fold someone else's mountain of crap.

Does anyone else offer to do my laundry when they have mountains, even when I say lookout for me? No. Do they tell me things are full like this and need to be done, I can help with that to save time and not be pushing midnight dryer and still not done, nope.

And these guys are pushing 21, 27, mom still doing everyone's laundry - looks like they'll never move away or do so and move back--- damn it. Big reason why they all moved in here with me and Grandma can understand, and her laundry doesn't get done either. She also entices someone to do it with a $20 bill, only way she can get hers done nowadays.

I already home make, been coming home to no dinner or lunch for months now. then hey, go do this and this and that before you can eat or make dinner for everyone who's been sitting home for how many hours and grandma only made some mush for herself nobody else wants to eat. Hold on shit, where is something to eat I haven't ate a real meal in 6-7 hours been gone.
[/spoiler-box]

Grandma, gotta love her for being the rock and literally supporting another family here when she'd rather be retired, done raising stinky kids, but 2nd childhood or feeling estranged nobody else taking up Grandpa's mantle to help her, losing people she can count on to do daily menial, pretty easy for others if they'd stop a second, things.

[spoiler-box]
Walking by grandma, or with 2 hands full, its not even asked anymore but request exactly what to do, doesn't care hands full. She waits for me to do it instead of telling anyone.

We were out and someone was home and instead of getting him to do it or doing it in the meantime, bigass guilt trip on you guys out shopping (sometimes for food, gotta buy for everyone and they eat it all) and don't put her food away that she left on the table. SMH facepalma-grandma. Mom was eating it and thought you would finish it, it looks the same refridge'd or left out for a few hours and when I make big dinners, everyone leaves it out til 1 am or later, after eating it and just leave it as the last person to eat bcuz I'm supposed to eave it out since they ain't home yet and might just might eat it.
[/spoiler-box]

Trash

[spoiler-box]

Trashcans full nobody cares, not even to make it easier for them in their main bathroom. Let me pick up things behind the toilet. Great. How -- without cooking anything -- 1 in the kitchen gets full in one day, 13 gallon bag? Lots things still clean and can recycle - yeah maybe not a sauce stained styrofoam, so rip the tophalf off, or a plastic container that is easily rinsed. Not just to be a hippie "weirdo maniac" but shit man we have an entire weekly garbage can sized recycle bin outside too. Use it, not hard to train yourself to toss one place instead of another.

Tossing makeup all kinds of packaging, plastic thick bottles huge value sized of lotion when it doesn't come out anymore, bigass jars of smuckers or salsa.

Nobody takes those recycle, now 3 paper bags in kitchen + aluminum can large trashcan, out when full either, just bottles overflow in the kitchen.

Dogwater bowl nobody changes newspaper around it or cleans it until I speak up or do it myself. Throwing away oldass food clogging up the fridge nobody is going to eat. Grandma's crazy church lady friend bringin smushed cakes date says sell by last month.. grandmas says don't throw away.

They prob want to use that cake nobody has touched in 2 weeks for my birthday cake, no please. Fuck - man.
[/spoiler-box]

Dog / Bathroom

(Dog goes in there to drink out of bowl and even gets stuck locked in sometimes, close all the seats, cover, please.)
[spoiler-box]
-

Dog hair everywhere, all up in their laundry even on the pillowcases so better I do my own anyway, had to switch to one kind of sock to not hairball all over, constantly pick up, mom go get him a haircut - no he's fine. He's growing a big bump on his leg, "I already took him like 1-2 years ago?"

-

Buy microfiber towels for their bathroom to clean off all the hair and smudges and water left - older bro gets mad if there are spots of water on the countertop of sink - but hasn't emptied that soap dish of water ever. "I don't have to shut up" fine make a soup and WTF how did they grow up washing their hands its always full of water by grabbing the soap everytime?

They don't wash that towel and I throw it in with my laundry.

Turn it over to wipe it with the presumably cleaner side, NOPE, both all covered in crap.
[/spoiler-box]
Okay, so emo level 9.9009

I gotta get outta here. Bday plans fell thru, loner boner time. Nobody of these comic/game/animuuuuz~ film nerds, seemingly want to go watch the Scott Pilgrim - or got other plans that took precedence over planning this out, and seems the directors got their own problem with not having enough people see it yet:

scott-pilgrim-director-
not-upset-by-weak-box-office (http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/67849,people,entertainment,scott-pilgrim-director-not-upset-by-weak-box-office)

----

Time to go over 10.

Dinner / get out come back to / shit all over the dinner table - time to buy a new table grandma deserves it, and you guys need some space or a desk somewhere, gawd damn.

[spoiler-box]

When taking out the trash ya'll left overflowing in your bathroom again, plus 2 other trash. Finding room in fridge for Costco someone returned with, see moldy stuff taking up space, don't want to stink up kitchen, take big kitchen bag trash out.

"See (older brother) doesn't complain about the food!" (I hadn't complained but asked if that was it and said I'll eat some but not all of it, part I don't want.)

"I'm taking out the trash and now throwing out some molded spam in a tupperware, nobody cleans it up until it molds, throws anything away before it gets to that point. I can't even sit down to eat it and find out if I'll like it."

older brother: "Maybe you shouldn't have been sleepin all day, and did that in the morning."

Doesn't solve nothin' guilt trip, he wasn't in the conversation or anyone saying anything to him and he stomps back to his room in the back. Crap on your own family interjection passive aggressive or some shit done to him he never deals with and takes home from work or something. Grow up.

I can appreciate we grew up in a broken home with a bad dad but WTF man does that have to do with anything. Guilt trip while doing chores and I overslept 2 pm nothing going on today plans fell through - hey no plans from any of you bums to do something for me, but can't do that apparently on my birthday or have other people help out, or prepare some dinner and let me eat it without clearing off the table full of crap each time I take something off, two more something pile on.

How bout I grab some of these desk organizing solutions over here at the store? Help you figure it out better, find one you like. Nonononon leave it alone (until the legs wobble and it collapses). Arms fell off grampas chair, super glue will not fix the shit forever.

-

Come back clothes from dryer put in before left thrown on my bed. "There was too much in there" I put the rest of the other load that didn't dry, plus your mountains are bigger than mine and I waited a couple weeks and still didn't put all of it in, some non important stuff in hamper in room still. Great birthday, can't expect anything but the same as before, or get my laundry hamper back.

-

$50 allowance month and no rent, but the particulars of this deal with the worst roommates, one's you wouldn't expect: Family, really taking advantage of this offer. Or taking over Grandmas turf here, which I was the only one before who wanted to live here and help grandma.

[/spoiler-box]

Shakuri
Aug 28, 2010, 06:35 PM
*kicks PS3*

Thanks Sony, YLOD right after updating it. :disapprove:

Ketchup345
Aug 29, 2010, 12:23 AM
I think I need to make up a website about stupid things people have been seen doing.
Today I saw an older guy who was unable to open his gas cap, while there were 2 cars behind him. Eventually the guy in the car directly behind him got out and did it for the guy.

Other: When I send a message with multiple questions, why do I usually only get a response to one of them? And sometimes you can even look up/down to see what I sent (such as Facebook private messages)!

Why is undergrad records still under the old email domain? All students and professors/advisers were moved off of that back in February.

Tetsaru
Aug 29, 2010, 03:28 AM
*kicks PS3*

Thanks Sony, YLOD right after updating it. :disapprove:

Waitaminute, was this a recent firmware update or something? o_o

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Aug 29, 2010, 05:23 AM
You do not play Guitar, you don't play Drum's, or Bass, you can barely sing, you aren't even in a band, you do not listen to the genre, you don't probably don't even know what kind of music the band on your shirt plays, you don't even try to incoporate your sound with any bands. You are in no way, shape, or form a rockstar. Sick and tired of turning on the radio, or watching MTV or whatever to hear some Rapper or R&B singer or some Whack-ass Pop Teen Idol go on about how they're "Rockstars". >>

Fuck, I hate what music has become.

Anyway, it was ridiculously humid today, nowhere near as bad as it used to be on the mainland, or even the Big Island. But still. =-=

Also, don't give me some guilt trip about how I shouldn't be irate with my job, because YOUR job is pissing your off. Let your frustration out, take a deep breath, and move the fuck on.

Also, don't get mad at me for not calling when you could try doing the exact same thing. (Calling me that is.) I may live 6 hours behind you, but that doesn't mean I won't pick up the phone. Don't ask me "hows ur sis" when you're in the same city as her. Call her and ask her.

Xbox Live's billing SUCKS. I hate it with a passion. It tells me they have a problem billing card with the last 4 digits ending in #### and not accept the new card info I'm trying to input.

And the last thing.. People need to stop acting all surprised when I tell them "I don't have a license." I'm from New York CITY. Having a car is completely unnecessary when everything is within walking distance, or reachable via Mass Transit. You can pretty much get to anywhere you're going by walking. (Unless you're in like Queens, or Brooklyn, or even some parts of the Bronx... Not even gonna mention Staten Island, because you DO need a car there, AND you gotta take a friggin Ferry to get to Manhattan.) Learning to drive is taking longer than I hoped it would, but I'm doing it.

Whew. Better. None of this is directed to anyone here. Just had to let that out. ;x

Volcompat321
Aug 29, 2010, 11:09 AM
You do not play Guitar, you don't play Drum's, or Bass, you can barely sing, you aren't even in a band, you do not listen to the genre, you don't probably don't even know what kind of music the band on your shirt plays, you don't even try to incoporate your sound with any bands. You are in no way, shape, or form a rockstar. Sick and tired of turning on the radio, or watching MTV or whatever to hear some Rapper or R&B singer or some Whack-ass Pop Teen Idol go on about how they're "Rockstars". >>

Fuck, I hate what music has become.

This is why I mainly stick to my old school music.
Rap, rock, whatever.
My whole Zune and everything is from the 80-90's, maybe a little bit of the 70's.

joefro
Aug 29, 2010, 07:14 PM
That has to have been the worst opening to The Emmys, ever. I have no hope for the rest of the show.

Outrider
Aug 29, 2010, 11:10 PM
I'm working in Game Maker and I'm making weapon objects A, B, and C.

Object A is the default weapon. Object B is the second tier weapon, which for some reason isn't functioning properly, despite the fact that the code is almost exactly the same as Object A.

Confused, I clone Object A and just change the relevant names & values within the code to create Object C. I find that Object C works just fine.

I then compare a text dump of the code for Object B and Object C.

The only difference is the object names, and the names aren't referenced anywhere in the code, so I don't understand why one works and the other doesn't.

I'm super confused. I wouldn't be shocked if I ran into some weird situation that screwed up Game Maker, but I can't understand what's causing it.

I guess I'm happy that I have a working object now, but I don't understand why one works and the other doesn't.

EDIT: Holy crap it was somehow being caused by a comment, even though Game Maker's drag-and-drop "programming for dummies" is supposed to make it impossible to comment out important code since you can only create unique commenting lines. I guess this is why I should learn an actual programming language (or learn the "programming for slightly-brighter-dummies" GML language included with GM).

BIG OLAF
Aug 30, 2010, 01:35 PM
*Ahem*

I'm sick of seeing little loli girls all over PSU. It's starting to get aggravating. Why does everyone think that it's "fun", or whatever, to have a character that looks they're eight god-damned years old?

The biggest culprits that I see are Newman players, however. I swear, 4 out of 5 Newman charcters I see are under five feet tall. For example, when I go to PSU General's "Phasion Thread", 90% of the people there have little Newman girls as characters (though I won't name any names specifically; they know who they are), and love to take pictures of them in, let's say, "compromising" outfits/poses. Why? It's not new. It's not clever. It's not original. I'm a big originality buff. I hate it when everyone does the exact same shit.

Whew. Sorry. I just had to rave for a few minutes about people trying to live out their disturbing pedophile fantasies over a video game.

joefro
Aug 30, 2010, 02:06 PM
Microsoft raising the price of XBL. I'm not happy about it, but I've been expecting this since E3. I'll still pay for it, but only because it's such a great service.
http://thedailydischarge.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/rage_fu.png

BIG OLAF
Aug 30, 2010, 02:08 PM
Microsoft raising the price of XBL.

Whoa, really? When the hell'd that happen? How much is it going up by? My friend told me about an Xbox LIVE "premium" update we'll have to pay for soon, too. I don't know anything about that, either.

Ketchup345
Aug 30, 2010, 02:22 PM
River Song is annoying. Please let her appearances end in the upcoming season. I can't stand most of the episodes she's in. Just hurry up and finish her storyline, please.

joefro
Aug 30, 2010, 02:27 PM
Whoa, really? When the hell'd that happen? How much is it going up by? My friend told me about an Xbox LIVE "premium" update we'll have to pay for soon, too. I don't know anything about that, either.
They just announced it a couple of hours ago. These are the countries that are seeing an increase in pricing:

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3585/screenshot20100830at225.png

Got that chart from: http://majornelson.com/archive/2010/08/30/price-change-for-xbox-live-gold-subscription.aspx

Outrider
Aug 30, 2010, 02:48 PM
Yeah, it kinda stinks that they raised the price, but keep in mind that nobody should ever be paying full price for the XBL subscription. At least once a month some online retailer will have the 12-month (sometimes 13-month!) subscription cards on sale for 30-40% off.

In fact, right now they have 1 year cards selling for $40 at Amazon and a few other stores. I made sure to pick one up, as my Gold subscription expires in November.