Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmanx View Post
    damn you musta loved that quest to get past lvl 30 huh
    thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss

if you were already lvl 30 when that bullshit client order came out and you still enjoyed it, you're a liar.

i can see it not really being that bad if you have to grind from 25-30 so you'll get those anyway, but not being able to level and already being at lvl 30 seeing exp full when you could be gaining that exp was pretty aggravating.

sadly they'll probably release another bullshit client order like that for 40-50. but i'll forgive them because of the +5 class SP quest. i didn't see that coming at all.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Grinding can die in a fire, btw.

I second that sentiment with the fury of a thousand fires.

Affixing as it is currently can piss right off, too.

Man if I get a lvl up halting quest after that Ibetter get rewarded with some all screen special atk but i sure didnt
    Duck Tales
    # of Members: 45

Requirement to join Duck Tales - If I like the cut of your Jib jk its free for all
    wait no i mean free for all

I miss the art direction of PSO. It's definitely a step-up from PSU, but it seems a little lacking.

The randomly-generated environments are stale and generic, and the music is only nice as long as it isn't tugging for nostalgia or mimicking PSU's repetitive song-structure: so basically, most of the ambient tracks outside of combat are the only good ones to me.

Aside from that, the worst offender, I think, is enemies hopping away from you and dancing around. It's really stupid. I just prefer the simple minded horde of enemies that would descend upon you, with their various formations and different speeds and modes of attack. The jumping around shit is goofy and when you have a horde of enemies doing it, it kind of takes you out of the game as you chase one down and pound away while another hopped his way far away from you. And it seems like when they're getting pounded on sometimes, instead of fighting back, they'd still rather keep hopping away.

That said, yeah, it's pretty good. The Japanese kind of hinders the pacing, but there are guides and such. There is a lot of depth to the game.
    Last edited by Dxluv; Jul 16, 2012 at 01:10 AM.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by jmanx View Post
    Man if I get a lvl up halting quest after that Ibetter get rewarded with some all screen special atk but i sure didnt
    Ah~

I remember the Genkai in Final Fantasy XI. A whole day to organize 20+ people to run to a zone they probably have never been to before. Killing bosses in the frozen north, then raiding the world boss houses for some key items... yeah, fuck ever doing that again. I'll take an item hunt any day of the week. Even if the drop rate is nearly non existent.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    I second that sentiment with the fury of a thousand fires.

Affixing as it is currently can piss right off, too.
    the affix system is incredibly cruel and unusual but i think it's a genius money sink.

although there's also the chance that simply less people participate in it since it costs so much meseta.

i really do like the ideas behind it and all. being able to customize your armor units since they're always on is pretty cool.

but damn it's really fukkin expensive. most definitely on purpose. my dream is definitely 3 armor units with mutation 3 and vol souls lol.
    Last edited by soulpimpwizzurd; Jul 16, 2012 at 01:16 AM.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    lol, ikr? at the very least, one of those boxes like they had in PSU that you can put in peoples rooms and leave items in, currently, the only thing that can be traded for free are room decs, and only to people that have a room (you can put them down in others rooms)+^_^+
    so what do you do when you need to trade with the McFly Bot?
    Spoiler!

*gosh, i look terrible in that picture, i shoulda posed, and i want longer hair...*
    LOOOL, I have PSO2 open on my laptop as well. This is where I afk to mag feed XD

The affix system's main flaw is losing a failed slot. It should simply stay there and not require an attempt that reduces the success of EVERYTHING to expand the slots.

Chance based mechanics are a lazy, bad balancing mechanic that results in people having strings of failures whereas other people have strings of successes that they practically immediately forget about. There is no fun in failing to bring something up to 2 slots for 10 attempts, some going back down to zero, then finally getting it and failing both slots trying to do a soul and power II.

This is bad design. It makes people walk away from the computer. Even using the basest financial reasonings, that is the last god damn thing you should EVER be trying to make happen as a game designer. You want your customers sitting there wanting more and more. You should take a bit away, but give a bit back. You should never implement something as irritating and crushing as this horrible, horrible grinding or affix system.

There should also be a safety net of after X failures (+/- some number, so you can't game the system) you're GUARANTEED success. Never should the unluckiest amongst us be subjected to a hundred consecutive failures - and I promise you that if it hasn't already happened it is going to very soon.

Oh, and I freaking hate the way auto targeting works in this game. It can't just lock onto the guy you're facing; it has to snap onto some random dude halfway across the world, wrenching your view in that direction while whatever you meant to lock onto makes an entree of your face.

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post
    my dream is definitely 3 armor units with mutation 3 and vol souls lol.
    That's masochism of the highest order, right there.