Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wow, vanguard's really fun!

Well, I wanted to have a cast force and I heard that it's a good decision to level a vanguard first (for the sweet abilities). So I made a cast vanguard and now I'm loving it !!! It's so awesome to be able to switch between striking weapons, guns and techs and not suck with either !!! And because it's a male cast, he's pretty bulky so he takes hits like a hunter. Too sweet. I'm debating if I should even switch him into a force...
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

I have to say, I'm really enjoying it too. I felt like I couldn't make a proper HUnewearl-esque character in PSU, but the extend points help so much. That, and now it's like a HUnewearl... WITH TRAPS! XD

So how often do you actually use techniques? Because I do hear they're quite lacking.
    belladonna5012 on the official forums.
    PS0: Katherine (HUmarl 89), FOcaseal (RAcaseal 13), Dreck (HUcaseal 57)
    Offering me free stuff will not convince me to be your Internet Girlfriend.

Vanguard is a great class, but i prefer to go tank-style with my Hunter type.
    Ex traps makes everything so easy.

I enjoy vanguard, and I am definately greatful for my EX traps. I hardly use them, but they help get me out of some pretty sticky situations. And I end up in a lot of those, being a newman and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison_W View Post
    So how often do you actually use techniques? Because I do hear they're quite lacking.
    I try to keep Shifta up at all times, and when I use resta (11) it heals me (and the people around me) completely. But yeah, the attacking techniques don't do A WHOLE LOT of damage. However they're not totally useless like if a hunter or ranger were to use them. It varies greatly between techniques...
    PSPo2 Characters:
    Re-l Mayer (lv 95 RAnewarl) || Hiyori (lv 100 VAbearl)
    Vincent Law (lv 99 HUmar) || Daedalus (lv 92 FOnewar)
    Dante Alighieri (lv 102 VAcast) || Eris (lv 90 RAcaseal)

Am I the only one with a full out force character? *sigh*
    I spam grants and keep shifta up at all times!

That's how the cool people do it, as I've heard. *flex*

I am officially Samurai X just for that off chance you happen to run into me online!
    The yellow and blue cast, back from PSO!

Quote Originally Posted by Seasqwaa View Post
    Am I the only one with a full out force character? *sigh*
    I spam grants and keep shifta up at all times!

That's how the cool people do it, as I've heard. *flex*
    I´m pretty sure that everyone would like to just use a full out force.
    But i think that Melee weapon will makes thing alot easier to regain some PP.

I haven´t rolled a force yet so i can´t say for sure.

Funny, I was commenting on the somewhat broken nature of the Force class on another forum. I brought the class to lvl 10, and then decided to experiment with Vanguard. Given the fact that Forces can't be 100% magic (since they run out of PP after casting a few times), I've found myself playing the Force class a lot more like a Wartecher in PSU (or HUmar in PSO) with a lot more melee/range attacks than I would like on a Force.
    Then there is the frustration of not even being able to support until you drop Resta and Giresta lvl 11 (at lower level they don't even affect your team). Rather paradoxical for a class that states that it can be both support or offensive with technics.
    Technics do not make much damage, and I've found it a bit vexing to see a sabre PA combo do more damage than a Diga on a Force character. I'll certainly get back to the class once I find lvl 21 technic discs. But untill then, I've felt a lot more at home with the Vanguard class that plays a lot more as advertised.

Im playing a Vanguard too ( Now Lv 109) and most of the Time i dont need all the other abillities that the Class got. I got alot of MST but i dont need them cause i dont cast ( Except Buffs) also i have low Defense and Eva and of course every Hunter Dealin alot more Damage than me ( Last Time i noticed was a Hunter same Lv than me, he Hits for 500 an my own was 250).
    Of course its great to have a variety but the most Time u dont need them, f.e. Range Weapons like Guns etc., i never used them maybe to Shoot a Boss while he is in Air but the DMG i make is a Bad Joke.

I would reroll Hunter but i dont wanne level again to 100+ so im stuck on Vanguard.

Is Vanguard the only Class that can use Ex Traps? That would be the only Thing i would miss.