View Poll Results: Keyboard + Mouse or Controller?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keyboard + Mouse

34 51.52%
  • Controller

20 30.30%
  • Both

11 16.67%
  • Other

1 1.52%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    死にてぇ奴だけ, かかってこい!! TetsuyaHikari's Avatar

Yeeeeeah... I couldn't do anything on keyboard + mouse. I practically had to switch to pad if I wanted to do anything, lol. I'm really more of a console guy, so moving with A, S, W, D, w/e was far too awkward for me as opposed to just using the left analog stick to move and the right to control the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosaka View Post
    I will say, though, that I am a Hunter in PSO2, and I was a Fighmaster in PSU (in which I also used a controller).

I've never had to aim anything. Just get in close and start bashing stuff with my big weapon. Precision? Accuracy? Pffft.
    hahah I guess that's the beauty of being a Hunter! I hope you weren't a Beast in PSU, because then accuracy really would be a problem!

(Oshihiro) Metsume - Ship 2

I play a Ranger full time and have had maybe three instances total where I reached for the mouse to line up a shot, and because the hit boxes are atrocious in this game, it only helped in one of those situations; turned out my missing wasn't human error.

And if you want to get picky, analog sticks offer greater control, so I could make some huge stink about how you're hurting your mobility using a keyboard, but you know what? It doesn't freaking matter. Play with what you want as long as you don't give other people shit when they do the same.

As for having the keyboard handy, I just map hotkeys to the numberpad so I don't have to guess which key is where. You could say I use the best of both worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsume View Post
    hahah I guess that's the beauty of being a Hunter! I hope you weren't a Beast in PSU, because then accuracy really would be a problem!
    No wai. I had 4 characters and not one of them was a Beast. >_>

Human M FM. :3

Quote Originally Posted by TetsuyaHikari View Post
    Yeeeeeah... I couldn't do anything on keyboard + mouse. I practically had to switch to pad if I wanted to do anything, lol. I'm really more of a console guy, so moving with A, S, W, D, w/e was far too awkward for me as opposed to just using the left analog stick to move and the right to control the camera.
    I'm more of a console person myself. I never really played much of PC games until this game came around. After reading more from this topic, I'm thinking of going controller when I'm a Hunter. I did really enjoy hacking and slashing like that in PSU. I will also note, while you do get the accuracy of aiming and looking with a mouse, you don't get the same accuracy moving your character with the four keys on a keyboard than you would with a multi-directional analog stick.
    Last edited by Metsume; Jul 13, 2012 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Revised a sentence for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Metsume View Post
    I'm more of a console person myself. I never really played much of PC games until this game came around. After reading more from this topic, I'm thinking of going controller when I'm a Hunter. I did really enjoy hacking and slashing like that in PSU. I will also note, while you do get the accuracy of aiming and looking with a mouse, you don't get the same accuracy moving your character with a multi-directional analog stick as you do with four keys you use on a keyboard.
    I haven't owned a console since PS2. Been a strict PC gamer for years.

WASD is faar too clunky for a game like PSO2. I like to be able to move in all directions fluidly, rather than the choppiness that keyboard buttons bring.

The only time using mouse/keyboard makes sense is for ranger.

I tried using it for hunter, and it just felt so awkward and clunky. I didn't even realize how smooth the combat and gameplay in general was until I switched to a gamepad... then it blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by AlMcFly View Post
    I haven't owned a console since PS2. Been a strict PC gamer for years.
    I can see with that mouse you use!

I will say... Games that are multi-platform and have a PC release... It is without question a huge difference when it comes to graphics and performance compared to the console versions. I've always wanted a decent gaming PC, but money of course was a big factor. I only had now, with the release of PSO2, to finally have my own. It's PSO2. I had to!

Also currently never owned a console newer than the PS2. hahah

with the way ranger play's a mouse and keyboard is the way to go for me.
    http://fox-light713.deviantart.com/
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." - "Good night, and good luck"

JOE - Ship 2 - Gu75 / Ra75
    *Warning Bad Spelling Often*

Spoiler!

because, 15 years of practice before ever trying keyboard+mouse (and i did try keyboard+mouse for good while from April to official launch in several games) made me better with this then anything else+^_^+ that and the stupid dodge thing when you press wasd in PSO2 was driving me nuts, every 2-3 secs a roll when i didn't want to, is it so much to ask for an affordable pressure sensitive keyboard?? Analog control>Digital control
    Last edited by Chik'Tikka; Jul 13, 2012 at 01:07 AM.