PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

GHNeko
Jul 11, 2018, 05:55 PM
Ah, I thought the EPD still had the upper hand. Well, any weapon without access to SSA really is almost worthless now.

Depends on weapon and class, but yeah, a majority of non-SSA weapons that sega has introduced, and are introducing are DOA because they cant stand up to SSA weapons. I did a few rough estimates and Guren at best due to the raw attack advantage, and ability to reach beyond 200 atk, covers for 2 of the 3 SSA slots that Shien has. Theoretically, the auto shifta helps cover for the rest, but in MPAs that becomes pointless.

Also, +1 to Atra beating out EPD. It's not rocket science. You can literally just go to damage calc website to find out.

-If I balance the elemental conversion part, so 45% Vs 30%, that leaves 15%. Minus 10% for Atra Rod's pot leaves 5%, minus 5% for S2 & S3 makes all of this even.

Y-You dont subtract %s like this...

milranduil
Jul 11, 2018, 06:00 PM
Oh I see, I thought part of his picture was missing or something. He could have just typed this, wouldn't have taken more than 2 minutes and I would have spared him his next embarrassing reply.

Hope that made you feel a little foolish and insecure. Anyway, you are correct, your Atra Rod does more output damage than your EDP. That being said, let me know if this scenario would work more to EPD's advantage:

-If I balance the elemental conversion part, so 45% Vs 30%, that leaves 15%. Minus 10% for Atra Rod's pot leaves 5%, minus 5% for S2 & S3 makes all of this even.

-Now, you have 4% more for S1, your S4 for EC Balance and 4 slots for T-ATK. The max you can get with 4 slots is 175 T-ATK.

-Now EPD on the other hand, you have a 155 more T-ATK from grinding it at +35 and you can also get 300 T-ATK with 8 slots.

-Next let's remove common T-ATK, so 455 minus 175 leaves us 280.

-Finally, the S1 at 4%, now let's say we take your formula from last month:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?213385-Quick-Questions-Come-here-for-quick-answers!&p=3449507&viewfull=1#post3449507
I think it's safe to say that that remaining 280 T-ATK is worth about 6% of damage, so minus 4%, that leaves more or less an extra 2% of extra damage for EPD, yes no?

and you were doing so well (not)

so 45% Vs 30%, that leaves 15%
that's not how you compare multipliers. EPD boosting to 45% is not 15% more damage than atra's 30, it's relative so 1.45/1.3 = 1.11538 or 11.538%, not 15%.

and for the record, no it did not make me feel foolish or insecure. i've been comparing damage of a plethora of weapons for months if not years by now and i've worked out my own damage calc using the formula the swiki has on my own spreadsheet. this isn't conjecture on my behalf, it's facts. while you eyeball and guess your damage comparison, i actually have exact numbers already in the first place which is what i posted...

XrosBlader821
Jul 11, 2018, 07:06 PM
Oh I see, I thought part of his picture was missing or something. He could have just typed this, wouldn't have taken more than 2 minutes and I would have spared him his next embarrassing reply.

Hope that made you feel a little foolish and insecure. Anyway, you are correct, your Atra Rod does more output damage than your EDP. That being said, let me know if this scenario would work more to EPD's advantage:

-Now, you have 4% more for S1, your S4 for EC Balance and 4 slots for T-ATK. The max you can get with 4 slots is 175 T-ATK.

-Now EPD on the other hand, you have a 155 more T-ATK from grinding it at +35 and you can also get 300 T-ATK with 8 slots.

-Next let's remove common T-ATK, so 455 minus 175 leaves us 280.

-Finally, the S1 at 4%, now let's say we take your formula from last month:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?213385-Quick-Questions-Come-here-for-quick-answers!&p=3449507&viewfull=1#post3449507
I think it's safe to say that that remaining 280 T-ATK is worth about 6% of damage, so minus 4%, that leaves more or less an extra 2% of extra damage for EPD, yes no?

Don't forget that almost every multiplier in this game is multiplicative that includes Weapon multipliers as well as SAF. Fury stance for example looks like 140% by itself but in reality it's more like 145% and the more multipliers you throw on the pile the more they add up.

Salavtore
Jul 11, 2018, 07:32 PM
Semi-complicated question because i'm not sure if anyone took the time to do it.

For any of the extreme quests, What stages yield the most Meseta drops? So far i concluded the second to last stage with king varda in the Tundra quests yielded me between 30-50k+ a run, which only took a couple minutes.

I just wanna know if anyone actually found a better grind!

LancerFate
Jul 11, 2018, 08:07 PM
Semi-complicated question because i'm not sure if anyone took the time to do it.

For any of the extreme quests, What stages yield the most Meseta drops? So far i concluded the second to last stage with king varda in the Tundra quests yielded me between 30-50k+ a run, which only took a couple minutes.

It's too boring i guess ?, i personally farm TACOs using 5 characters ~1-2hr gives you 10m~ cash each week, plus you can do gathering CO 3m (600k*5) but i just to lazy for it atm.

Salavtore
Jul 11, 2018, 08:23 PM
It's too boring i guess ?, i personally farm TACOs using 5 characters ~1-2hr gives you 10m~ cash each week, plus you can do gathering CO 3m (600k*5) but i just to lazy for it atm.

Oh i already do that, with only 3 characters currently lol

This is just the aftermath of doing the weekly quests.

An hour of doing this is actually really great meseta.

wefwq
Jul 11, 2018, 11:57 PM

Aquatic F1~F5 is pretty good, F4 drops lots of meseta and you can clear whole floor sets in less than 5 minutes each.

Loveless62
Jul 12, 2018, 03:25 AM
The affixes are implied by the notation. For Atra, "423" means 4% damage s1, 2% damage s2, and 3% damage s3. "120pw" implies the non-SSA affixes are like astral/ether/grace/weak.
astral/ether/grace/weak is 115 atk, not 120 ^^;

the_importer_
Jul 12, 2018, 11:57 AM
and you were doing so well (not)

that's not how you compare multipliers. EPD boosting to 45% is not 15% more damage than atra's 30, it's relative so 1.45/1.3 = 1.11538 or 11.538%, not 15%.

and for the record, no it did not make me feel foolish or insecure. i've been comparing damage of a plethora of weapons for months if not years by now and i've worked out my own damage calc using the formula the swiki has on my own spreadsheet. this isn't conjecture on my behalf, it's facts. while you eyeball and guess your damage comparison, i actually have exact numbers already in the first place which is what i posted...

Really, a "Not" joke, did you step out of a timewarp? Anyway, bad joke aside, if you want to get technical, the elemental conversion part the difference is indeed 11.5384%, but what works for this also works for every other percentage, so everything still comes down to a 0.

And before you blame my calculations, I didn't calculate anything, I always use this site for percentages: https://percentagecalculator.net/

When you compare things, you need to compare apples with apples, meaning either both at the lowest or highest scenario. Your EPD is obviously not as well affixed as your Atra Rod, so this was an unfair comparison.

XrosBlader821
Jul 12, 2018, 12:24 PM
Your EPD is obviously not as well affixed as your Atra Rod, so this was an unfair comparison.

But the Atra Rod in the Screenshot lacks a damage boosting S2. Even if you squeezed out a few more T-ATK from EPD, it wouldn't make a difference to a properly affixed Atra.

the_importer_
Jul 12, 2018, 01:57 PM
But the Atra Rod in the Screenshot lacks a damage boosting S2. Even if you squeezed out a few more T-ATK from EPD, it wouldn't make a difference to a properly affixed Atra.

Offensive Intent has no boost condition as far as I'm aware, so why would say that it wasn't part of the damage?

XrosBlader821
Jul 12, 2018, 02:00 PM
Offensive Intent has no boost condition as far as I'm aware, so why would say that it wasn't part of the damage?

Because it wasn't out yet. These Screenshots were taken before Enchanted Forest Exploration came out.

milranduil
Jul 12, 2018, 02:01 PM
Really, a "Not" joke, did you step out of a timewarp? Anyway, bad joke aside, if you want to get technical, the elemental conversion part the difference is indeed 11.5384%, but what works for this also works for every other percentage, so everything still comes down to a 0.

And before you blame my calculations, I didn't calculate anything, I always use this site for percentages: https://percentagecalculator.net/

When you compare things, you need to compare apples with apples, meaning either both at the lowest or highest scenario. Your EPD is obviously not as well affixed as your Atra Rod, so this was an unfair comparison.

you have brain damage if you think 230t-atk + phrase weak is not affixed well enough. you literally do not know what you are talking about. in those screenshots the affixes were:
epd 230t-atk phrase weak
atra 155t-atk s1 4% s3 2% phrase weak

you are wrong

ArcaneTechs
Jul 12, 2018, 02:19 PM
you do realize a lot of the Atra weapons outplay a large amount of 14*'s right? including EPD. I'm not taking sides here but its been super obvious the more and more new SSA's come out along with Dmg SSA's being released. even I know Atra Rod out does EPD which is kinda why I decided on Atra Talis instead

EDIT:: question

can any SU's confirm if Rappy Egg drops from the current LQ? just curious

Salavtore
Jul 12, 2018, 08:21 PM
Is Hunter still best paired with braver?
Or is there a better DPS Combo that uses Hunter?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 12, 2018, 09:38 PM
Is Hunter still best paired with braver?
Or is there a better DPS Combo that uses Hunter?
it was never best paired as HU/BR because muh normal swing meme's, HU/FI will always be the best combo

the_importer_
Jul 13, 2018, 01:00 AM
you have brain damage if you think 230t-atk + phrase weak is not affixed well enough. you literally do not know what you are talking about. in those screenshots the affixes were:
epd 230t-atk phrase weak
atra 155t-atk s1 4% s3 2% phrase weak

you are wrong

And I was suppose to guess that you have phrase weak how since you didn't post your affixes like I originally asked (-‸ლ) ? Anyway, doesn't matter, assuming that your EPD was at +35 in those screenshots and that you've disclosed all of your affixes, then it should have been 3~5% more powerful than your Atra Rod.

Speaking of which, I find it a little too convenient that we only have 2 screenshots of a game where even powerful rare weapons have damage variation. Back in the days where I was comparing my old weapon Vs my new one, I did recordings of a boss fight, hitting the same spot with a precise tech, re-watched that video , took notes of 10 non-crit attacks from each weapon and calculated an average. Not saying that you purposely showed a pic of your EPD at a lower damage variation and the Atra Rod at a higher one, but hey, random is random.

Arada
Jul 13, 2018, 04:50 AM
And I was suppose to guess that you have phrase weak how since you didn't post your affixes like I originally asked (-‸ლ) ? Anyway, doesn't matter, assuming that your EPD was at +35 in those screenshots and that you've disclosed all of your affixes, then it should have been 3~5% more powerful than your Atra Rod.

Speaking of which, I find it a little too convenient that we only have 2 screenshots of a game where even powerful rare weapons have damage variation. Back in the days where I was comparing my old weapon Vs my new one, I did recordings of a boss fight, hitting the same spot with a precise tech, re-watched that video , took notes of 10 non-crit attacks from each weapon and calculated an average. Not saying that you purposely showed a pic of your EPD at a lower damage variation and the Atra Rod at a higher one, but hey, random is random.

You're digging your own grave. Obviously, you're clueless about this game.
Do you understand what a critical hit is in PSO2? Because that is exactiy and only what you should be looking at when comparing damages.
In PSO2, critical hits are the upper bound of the variance.
The variance is also a fixed value with very few exceptions when talking about weapons 10* and more.

You're probably a troll at this point.

XrosBlader821
Jul 13, 2018, 04:52 AM
can any SU's confirm if Rappy Egg drops from the current LQ? just curious

It doesn't but it should drop in Mama-desu and pretty much every EP5 EQ

What are you talking about? The Screenshots show critical hits aka 100% of the damage variance.

arokidaaron
Jul 13, 2018, 06:35 AM
You're digging your own grave. Obviously, you're clueless about this game.
Do you understand what a critical hit is in PSO2? Because that is exactiy and only what you should be looking at when comparing damages.
In PSO2, critical hits are the upper bound of the variance.
The variance is also a fixed value with very few exceptions when talking about weapons 10* and more.

You're probably a troll at this point.

Troll or just tryharding, anyone who's into min max should already know about damage variance and crit by now.

Also question, are the colored variants of Su pets released? I haven't seen one drop, ore haven't seen anyone with a diff colored wanda/jinga, cery/popple, torim/aero yet. Nvm found my answer on Summoner thread.

milranduil
Jul 13, 2018, 06:40 AM

i will make it crystal clear for you since you don't seem to be able to figure out even the simplest of things.

1) my original damage calc comparison had the affixes explicitly specified.
2) i've given you two separate sets of information showing that EPD is weaker than Atra (my damage calc and my in-game pics)
3) my in-game pic comparison was with a WEAKER affix on Atra rod than is now possible and EPD still lost
4) both screenshots show crits which is always 100% of the possible damage so no average is ever needed. that's why you compare crits in pso2 (if you didn't know, which you didn't)
5) you do not need to compare "averages" to begin with when both weapons have the same crit chance and no crit dmg modifier like some fi weps do.

then it should have been 3~5% more powerful than your Atra Rod.
no.
[spoiler-box]
https://i.imgur.com/kPe4hbQ.png
http://4rt.info/psod/?oTakU
[/spoiler-box]
i've attached the damage calc itself, stare at it all you want. the pot for epd is 2 for phrase weak, the actual multiplier is a separate tab below that shows 1.45. atra's includes S affix and phrase weak. what more do you want from me to show that you are wrong

wssh
Jul 13, 2018, 08:31 AM
i will make it crystal clear for you since you don't seem to be able to figure out even the simplest of things.

2) i've given you two separate sets of information showing that EPD is weaker than Atra (my damage calc and my in-game pics)
3) my in-game pic comparison was with a WEAKER affix on Atra rod than is now possible and EPD still lost
4) both screenshots show crits which is always 100% of the possible damage so no average is ever needed. that's why you compare crits in pso2 (if you didn't know, which you didn't)
5) you do not need to compare "averages" to begin with when both weapons have the same crit chance and no crit dmg modifier like some fi weps do.

no.
[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]
i've attached the damage calc itself, stare at it all you want. the pot for epd is 2 for phrase weak, the actual multiplier is a separate tab below that shows 1.45. atra's includes S affix and phrase weak. what more do you want from me to show that you are wrong

why do you have to destroy this man's dreams????? all he wanted to do was believe his hard earned EPD plus thirty five was superior to some freebie hand out that SEGA gave out. FEELS THE FEELS.

the_importer_
Jul 13, 2018, 01:50 PM

no.
[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

Oh my god, the old damage calculator, I can't believe that I forgot about this. Haven't used this since I got my OG Austere Rod back in EP3, looks like they've kept up with the updates too.

Admittedly, it's hard to argue with this tool (compared to your lack of information). I will however ask you 2 questions regarding your stats:

1- How did you get 22.59% for Atra's Pot?
2- This is off-topic, but how much T-ATK on your units to have 2954 off-weapon T-ATK?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 13, 2018, 02:07 PM
Oh my god, the old damage calculator, I can't believe that I forgot about this. Haven't used this since I got my OG Austere Rod back in EP3, looks like they've kept up with the updates too.

Admittedly, it's hard to argue with this tool (compared to your lack of information). I will however ask you 2 questions regarding your stats:

2- This is off-topic, but how much T-ATK on your units to have 2954 off-weapon T-ATK?
what is your end goal to all this? It hurts to read this conversation anymore man (oh well dont read it then), i mean come on dude

milranduil
Jul 13, 2018, 02:07 PM

you aren't reading my fucking post for shit

atra's includes S affix and phrase weak.

my units have 165atk, 185atk, 190atk on weila/izane/union.

the_importer_
Jul 13, 2018, 02:18 PM
you aren't reading my fucking post for shit

my units have 165atk, 185atk, 190atk on weila/izane/union.

I added phrase weak into the mix, just don't see how you go to 22.59%.

Anduril
Jul 13, 2018, 02:23 PM

As indicated in his image, "Atra 4/2/3... phrase weak" means:

Atra Pot: 10%
S1: 4%
S2: 2%
S3: 3%
Phrase Weak: 2%

1.1x1.04x1.02x1.03x1.02=1.225924128, so ~22.59%

Salavtore
Jul 13, 2018, 02:26 PM
What does Techer go best paired with?

milranduil
Jul 13, 2018, 02:27 PM

1.1*1.04*1.02*1.03*1.02 = 1.225924128

i linked the calculator for a reason. i listed the affixes in my original post in the original screenshot, they are shown in the image of the calc, they are shown in the link to the calc. i can only assume you are trolling or genuinely do not give a shit about being educated when you are WRONG

XrosBlader821
Jul 13, 2018, 02:31 PM
What does Techer go best paired with?

Te/Hu for easy going bonking with stable DPS

Te/Fi Te/Br and Te/Su for hybrids with a little more shaky DPS

Salavtore
Jul 13, 2018, 02:33 PM
Te/Hu for easy going bonking with stable DPS

Te/Fi Te/Br and Te/Su for hybrids with a little more shaky DPS

Awesome

And sorry for the spam of questions but when it comes to Force class, can I get a recommended combo and a link to a High end dps skill sheet?

I'm prepping for the next advance class for the near future

XrosBlader821
Jul 13, 2018, 02:44 PM
Awesome

And sorry for the spam of questions but when it comes to Force class, can I get a recommended combo and a link to a High end dps skill sheet?

I'm prepping for the next advance class for the near future

Fo/Te is all you need.

If I'm not mistaken this (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?14uAbHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIo bHIobHIo0jdodBdo007b0000008dodA00in000006doIbIb00I n000006doIb00Ib00000fdBbsiN2SGBdSlkqncKdFqDIb00000 0dBInfcdINqsGAikcFHNHNbnfeA000000IbIoIo00Ib000006d oIbIo00Ib000006dB00dn00008dBIb0000008) is the go to skill tree atm but I'm not a Fo main so I'm open to being corrected here.

Salavtore
Jul 13, 2018, 02:56 PM
Fo/Te is all you need.

If I'm not mistaken this (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?14uAbHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIobHIo bHIobHIo0jdodBdo007b0000008dodA00in000006doIbIb00I n000006doIb00Ib00000fdBbsiN2SGBdSlkqncKdFqDIb00000 0dBInfcdINqsGAikcFHNHNbnfeA000000IbIoIo00Ib000006d oIbIo00Ib000006dB00dn00008dBIb0000008) is the go to skill tree atm but I'm not a Fo main so I'm open to being corrected here.

Your comment is heavily appreciated regardless

Halaniwa
Jul 13, 2018, 02:58 PM
The drink client orders how can you complete them for new characters if the NPC is gone (for shifta ex and so on)

milranduil
Jul 13, 2018, 03:00 PM
The drink client orders how can you complete them for new characters if the NPC is gone (for shifta ex and so on)

afin has a single CO that you do now for all drinks

the_importer_
Jul 13, 2018, 03:01 PM
1.1*1.04*1.02*1.03*1.02 = 1.225924128

i linked the calculator for a reason. i listed the affixes in my original post in the original screenshot, they are shown in the image of the calc, they are shown in the link to the calc. i can only assume you are trolling or genuinely do not give a shit about being educated when you are WRONG

You are wrong about the trolling part, but thanks for the info regardless, I'll play around with this tonight.

milranduil
Jul 13, 2018, 04:43 PM
You are wrong about the trolling part, but thanks for the info regardless, I'll play around with this tonight.

then please for the sake of everyone's sanity read what people post when they respond to you. i don't enjoy repeating myself ad nausem because you were too lazy to actually comprehend what you just read.

Malevolent215
Jul 14, 2018, 11:36 AM
Recently Started playing again, still trying to catch up after a 6 year gap. I have a Fi/Hu main, but I am trying to work on a Support secondary character for playing with some friends. Wanting to go Te/Su for the Support and Pet fun.

Here's my question: Is there any somewhat doable method of obtaining a Rose Skewer by someone who hasn't played in 6 years? Thanks for any assistance!

Moffen
Jul 14, 2018, 12:02 PM
Recently Started playing again, still trying to catch up after a 6 year gap. I have a Fi/Hu main, but I am trying to work on a Support secondary character for playing with some friends. Wanting to go Te/Su for the Support and Pet fun.

Here's my question: Is there any somewhat doable method of obtaining a Rose Skewer by someone who hasn't played in 6 years? Thanks for any assistance!

You could probably just buy one off the player shop,you dont need passes anymore.

Malevolent215
Jul 14, 2018, 01:16 PM
You could probably just buy one off the player shop,you dont need passes anymore.

Thanks! I actually had already thought of that, but as a newly starting off player I was afraid of the price before even looking. Turns out they are not nearly as expensive as I thought. So I was able to pick one up.

Anduril
Jul 14, 2018, 01:59 PM
Ok, so I finally want to use up my Conqueror's Crests, but I'm not sure what to go for.
I already have Spread Needle (from a drop) and Lavis Cannon (from Crests becuase I needed it so badly), and I'm planning on reaffxing my Atra Rod to 4/2/3 (though I am still on the fence about trying to get it to 8 slot during Boost Week [August 22-28]), so that leaves my options as:

Akatsuki: I'm hesitant on this one because my Hunter also doubles as a Hero, so the Potential wouldn't benefit when I switch over.
Quelle Scarlette: When I do use my Fighter, DS is one of my more often used weapons, though I am not too clear on how much of a boost the Potential on this really gives between the extended whirlwind duration and the damage increase.
Kazami-no-tachi: Katana is one of my least used weapons in general, but the potential on this one might make me be willing to use it more.
Jupiter Tullus: I should, in theory, have enough Badges to make a full set of Shien DBs by the end of the event, but I'm not sure if Tullus' potential would make it a better investment.
Quelle Windea: Hesitant again because its Potential is unusable with Hero and I'm mostly worried I would forget to recast Chain Trigger to keep the damage Potential active (though I guess with full SP into Chain Trigger, it does give me some wiggle room).
Rykros Staff: Having auto Pet Sympathy and the Megid attack seems like it could be good, but I'm not sure if it is really worth it to use Crests for.

Thoughts? Opinions? Any alternate options for any of these that might be worth it to actively attempt to hunt for (assuming RNG is merciful to me)?

Will_2_Power
Jul 14, 2018, 02:15 PM
Scarelette or Kazami.

But really, if it were me, I'd just save those crests...

LancerFate
Jul 14, 2018, 02:18 PM
Thoughts? Opinions? Any alternate options for any of these that might be worth it to actively attempt to hunt for (assuming RNG is merciful to me)?

imho rainbow DB not worth the effort, affix 6 weapons with SSA is a pain, and for the rest it's really up to you depends on class you want to play more.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 14, 2018, 03:14 PM
what happened to the official Sega forums? I read something about them migrating back in Feb or something but I can't seem to find the new or anything of the sort. I know PSO2's west official site is gone a long time ago but I was curious if they wiped out that section on their official forums too

Anduril
Jul 14, 2018, 03:39 PM
imho rainbow DB not worth the effort, affix 6 weapons with SSA is a pain, and for the rest it's really up to you depends on class you want to play more.I have a lot of Val SSA fodder, and in general, since my DB Bouncer isn't my "main" for high end content, I'm likely just going to put some of the cheaper SSAs that I don't have on there. Also, collecting the badges for this is really just an excuse-goal for the event since I already got what I really wanted (Zirenheit-NT and enough Homura JBs from drops to also make a pair of Shien JBs).

LancerFate
Jul 14, 2018, 03:54 PM
I have a lot of Val SSA fodder, and in general, since my DB Bouncer isn't my "main" for high end content, I'm likely just going to put some of the cheaper SSAs that I don't have on there. Also, collecting the badges for this is really just an excuse-goal for the event since I already got what I really wanted (Zirenheit-NT and enough Homura JBs from drops to also make a pair of Shien JBs).

Then why bother ? just go get different types of weapons.

Anduril
Jul 14, 2018, 03:56 PM
Then why bother ? just go get different types of weapons.

Different strokes for different folks :wacko:

wefwq
Jul 14, 2018, 04:19 PM
Quelle Scarlette > Rykros > Kazami
Prioritised in that order while considering on what you said.

Quelle because it's latent is good and you said that you used DS often.
Rykros simply because there's not much comparable alternative for tact in the first place.
Kazami is a good choice as well, might as well pick it up if you have spare crest.

Jupiter Tullus is debatable, but shouldn't guren would be a better choice? That weapon will auto-recast shifta at fixed interval to the point you will always have shifta active, it should benefit you if you have shifta air attack boost learned since you don't have to cast shifta yourself every few seconds, this weapon is easily farmable for rainbow set is also a big plus. Shien might work as well though i'm not a big fan on how it's latent works, and deband sucks.

Zephyrion
Jul 14, 2018, 05:04 PM
Quelle Scarlette > Rykros > Kazami
Prioritised in that order while considering on what you said.

Quelle because it's latent is good and you said that you used DS often.
Rykros simply because there's not much comparable alternative for tact in the first place.
Kazami is a good choice as well, might as well pick it up if you have spare crest.

Jupiter Tullus is debatable, but shouldn't guren would be a better choice? That weapon will auto-recast shifta at fixed interval to the point you will always have shifta active, it should benefit you if you have shifta air attack boost learned since you don't have to cast shifta yourself every few seconds, this weapon is easily farmable for rainbow set is also a big plus. Shien might work as well though i'm not a big fan on how it's latent works, and deband sucks.

Tullus is actually still one of the strongest DBs provided you use the weapon for Distract > PBF loops, simply because SSAs have a hard type keeping up with the extra 30k it gives on every Distract for that loop. Shien could probably get a bit close to that, but Guren can't afaik. Both weapons are good anyway, so mostly depends on what you choose, but Tullus is definitely a good investment and should be around the top of that list

Dragwind
Jul 14, 2018, 06:40 PM
I seemed to have missed a bit of info on the removal of element changing items. Are they going to be obtainable in a different kind of scratch? Does anyone have some clarification on what's going on with these?

Anduril
Jul 14, 2018, 06:57 PM
I seemed to have missed a bit of info on the removal of element changing items. Are they going to be obtainable in a different kind of scratch? Does anyone have some clarification on what's going on with these?

They are just going to be in the support scratches that come around a few times a year.

Batty
Jul 14, 2018, 07:39 PM
hello, is this master sword camo still obtainable to this day? http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%EF%BC%8A%E3%83%9E%E3%82%B9%E3%82%BF%E3% 83%BC%E3%82%BD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89 and if it is, what do i need to do exactly to obtain it? according to the wiki i have to complete 2 quests on hard while playing on a nintendo switch, is this accurate?

also it says that i need a Wi-Fi 802.11ac 5GHz or Broadband Compatible Wired LAN Adapter to play, is this an obligatory requeriment, as in, will the game wont play at all if i dont have it? or just a suggestion?, i only want to play on the switch in order to unlock the camo and nothing else

ashley50
Jul 14, 2018, 11:28 PM
It is Accurate

KaizoKage
Jul 15, 2018, 12:39 AM
Anyone knows the quest rotation for the Leveling Quests? I want to know when "A world engulfed in shadows" is up (I know its up today, but I want to plan ahead for other days)

Anduril
Jul 15, 2018, 02:06 AM
Anyone knows the quest rotation for the Leveling Quests? I want to know when "A world engulfed in shadows" is up (I know its up today, but I want to plan ahead for other days)

There are 5 that rotate in order (Roar of the Chaotic Dragon(Sanctum)>World Engulfed in Shadow(Ultimate Nab, Lil, Amd)>Border Breaking Bird(Ult Nab)>Chaotic Darkness(Facility)>Darkness from the Chaos(Forest)), so the next time World Engulfed in Shadow will pop up is July 20th JST (http://bit.ly/2Jp8CuZ).

ArcaneTechs
Jul 15, 2018, 04:43 AM
what happened to the official Sega forums? I read something about them migrating back in Feb or something but I can't seem to find the new or anything of the sort. I know PSO2's west official site is gone a long time ago but I was curious if they wiped out that section on their official forums too
bumperino

Batty
Jul 15, 2018, 07:12 AM
It is Accurate

i was able to get in and play enough to obtain the master sword and the hylian shield, thanks :) its a shame though, i got that yellow error message that disconnects me after about 5 minutes, weird because i had absolutely no lag ping whatsoever while playing on my switch, on the oposite, it ran even faster than my pc. it would have been cool being able to play normally on the switch

Digital Doom
Jul 15, 2018, 08:53 AM
I play on PS4 and menus in Japanese, I got most of them down , but never really figured out how to identify multiple unknown special weapons at the same time. Is that possible to do on PS4? If so, how? I tried clicking on a lot of the menus but can’t seem to find it at the identify npc, I’ve taken many breaks from the game so maybe they implemented that feature sometime during one of my breaks, or maybe it’s always been possible.

XrosBlader821
Jul 15, 2018, 11:53 AM
I play on PS4 and menus in Japanese, I got most of them down , but never really figured out how to identify multiple unknown special weapons at the same time. Is that possible to do on PS4? If so, how? I tried clicking on a lot of the menus but can’t seem to find it at the identify npc, I’ve taken many breaks from the game so maybe they implemented that feature sometime during one of my breaks, or maybe it’s always been possible.

You just hold R2 and select everything by scrolling down the menu. This works for inventory and Storage too.

Digital Doom
Jul 15, 2018, 02:14 PM
You just hold R2 and select everything by scrolling down the menu. This works for inventory and Storage too.

Awesome thanks , Saved me many hours of my life.

Unlmtd
Jul 15, 2018, 09:51 PM
I just completed the Arkuma Land quest a bunch of times for the Conqueror's Crest campaign that's going on and the prizes are supposed to be available instantly but they're not showing for me at the visiphone..I tried switching characters and still nothing..does it take some time before the prizes appear sometimes? Thanks

Dark Mits
Jul 16, 2018, 01:48 AM
I just completed the Arkuma Land quest a bunch of times for the Conqueror's Crest campaign that's going on and the prizes are supposed to be available instantly but they're not showing for me at the visiphone..I tried switching characters and still nothing..does it take some time before the prizes appear sometimes? ThanksThey should appear instantaneously the moment you stepped out of campship. Is it possible you collected it without remembering while collecting other campaigns as well?

Unlmtd
Jul 16, 2018, 06:29 AM
They should appear instantaneously the moment you stepped out of campship. Is it possible you collected it without remembering while collecting other campaigns as well?

No, that is not possible. Did this ever happen to anyone else?

EDIT: I just did another run of Arkuma Land and got nothing. This game's broken. :-x

ArcaneTechs
Jul 16, 2018, 08:12 PM
does crazy heart/beat kick in with Alter Ago?

Kondibon
Jul 16, 2018, 09:13 PM
does crazy heart/beat kick in with Alter Ago?Nope.

cheapgunner
Jul 16, 2018, 11:46 PM
When does the Arkuma Land LQ's leave? July 25th or August 8th with Xie?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 17, 2018, 12:02 AM
Nope.
figured it didnt thanks, glad i didnt invest into it from the start

moorebounce
Jul 17, 2018, 01:25 AM
I put a high unteched rare in my storage. How do I tell them apart from the others

Anduril
Jul 17, 2018, 02:13 AM
I put a high unteched rare in my storage. How do I tell them apart from the others
You can't until you take it to the Tekker. God knows why they don't use the rainbow question mark icon in the inventory, but that's the way it is.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 17, 2018, 02:17 AM
You can't until you take it to the Tekker. God knows why they don't use the rainbow question mark icon in the inventory, but that's the way it is.
i've been wanting this for a long time

moorebounce
Jul 17, 2018, 02:29 AM
Thanks for the info. I tried using the prices the techer ask for but I ended up teching it at the lower price.

Masu
Jul 17, 2018, 04:51 AM
So with the 14* pet color variation being random and as you can actually return them to egg, I came up with a purely theoritical idea...
Considering those variations are random, do you think or ever tried to hatch then return to egg, hatch and so on in the hope that MAYBE the damn color will happen?
Testing this is quite pricey for a result which isn't proven. Any opinion or anyone tested this yet?

XrosBlader821
Jul 17, 2018, 04:56 AM
So with the 14* pet color variation being random and as you can actually return them to egg, I came up with a purely theoritical idea...
Considering those variations are random, do you think or ever tried to hatch then return to egg, hatch and so on in the hope that MAYBE the damn color will happen?
Testing this is quite pricey for a result which isn't proven. Any opinion or anyone tested this yet?

it won't work because the egg itself is different color, not just the pet. Returning the Pet to an Egg will just result in the same Egg

Masu
Jul 17, 2018, 04:59 AM
it won't work because the egg itself is different color, not just the pet. Returning the Pet to an Egg will just result in the same Egg
Rip and thanks.
While I'm at it and same topic. If you happen to get a color variation to drop, will this color apply to an another pet or will it be lost in the process? (as the 14* pet get both personality, I don't feel like leveling again and setting up a candy box again for a pet which I already maxed)

XrosBlader821
Jul 17, 2018, 05:19 AM
Rip and thanks.
While I'm at it and same topic. If you happen to get a color variation to drop, will this color apply to an another pet or will it be lost in the process? (as the 14* pet get both personality, I don't feel like leveling again and setting up a candy box again for a pet which I already maxed)

it works like pet evolution, your regular color pet will switch colors.

Masu
Jul 17, 2018, 05:35 AM
it works like pet evolution, your regular color pet will switch colors.

Thank you. Wasn't really sure considering I got Popple and Jinga 14* (both lvl130 now) but with regular color. It would have been nice from sega to make colr changing pets working same than for DB. With the amount of Jingal/Popple/Aero you can have in an LQ party it would greatly help readability :/
But swag >gameplay I guess:-x

Digital Doom
Jul 17, 2018, 09:06 AM
This is mostly a friendly reminder , please forces , if there is no TE in the 12 man party , and your a force, your job is to also buff the party as well. I find so many groups were the forces don’t buff the party. They clearly didn’t play pso1, or have any idea of a forces job. They do great damage , but please buff your party as well. The only thing missing is the small hp buff from TE deband, but your buffs are still 3 minutes long so very effective. Thanks have a nice day.

Jene-chan
Jul 17, 2018, 09:43 AM
This is mostly a friendly reminder , please forces , if there is no TE in the 12 man party , and your a force, your job is to also buff the party as well. I find so many groups were the forces don’t buff the party. They clearly didn’t play pso1, or have any idea of a forces job. They do great damage , but please buff your party as well. The only thing missing is the small hp buff from TE deband, but your buffs are still 3 minutes long so very effective. Thanks have a nice day.

While I do agree with the sentiment, I wouldn't say it's FO's job in lieu of a Techer being absent as much as it's beneficial for the Force to keep their Shifta/Deband up as well. It also depends on how you spec your FO, I feel. I only spec into Shifta Advance / Technique Up 2 for FO leaving the Deband side empty but if there is no Techer, I will always buff before the Teleporter activates or during downtime where an enemy cannot be attacked (e.g. Loser when he teleports away). I will also recast Shifta if it's going to fall off but that's really only to maintain my own Shifta buff.

But yeah, before Teleporter finishes and during downtime, there really is no reason not to buff/re-buff the party just for the purposes of maintaining your own buffs. I don't think Forces should have to go out of their way to buff the party though. For example, if someone dies and gets Moon'd, I wouldn't necessarily stop what I was doing to re-buff them but that's me.

Digital Doom
Jul 17, 2018, 09:52 AM
While I do agree with the sentiment, I wouldn't say it's FO's job in lieu of a Techer being absent as much as it's beneficial for the Force to keep their Shifta/Deband up as well. It also depends on how you spec your FO, I feel. I only spec into Shifta Advance / Technique Up 2 for FO leaving the Deband side empty but if there is no Techer, I will always buff before the Teleporter activates or during downtime where an enemy cannot be attacked (e.g. Loser when he teleports away). I will also recast Shifta if it's going to fall off but that's really only to maintain my own Shifta buff.

But yeah, before Teleporter finishes and during downtime, there really is no reason not to buff/re-buff the party just for the purposes of maintaining your own buffs. I don't think Forces should have to go out of their way to buff the party though. For example, if someone dies and gets Moon'd, I wouldn't necessarily stop what I was doing to re-buff them but that's me.

I agree with just about everything there- but I am mostly referring to the forces who don’t even buff during down times, or at the teleporter. In EF free field for example there is absolutely no excuse to not keep the party buffed at all times, you have to meet for a weak point or gather closely for a boss kill almost every 1-3 minutes tops. When I play FO / Te I play it as support and damage , if no Te. Maybe that’s because I played pso for almost 2 decades and understand the role of the class. This isn’t to bash anyone , just a friendly reminder because I’ve seen it a lot lately. It is why it’s considered the most difficult class for a beginner- because sometimes it requires healing , buffing, and damage, making the running around the free field for hours much more bareable and smooth, and much faster.

Dark Mits
Jul 17, 2018, 10:05 AM
In non-expert blocks, even TE players do not buff.

FO isn't that effective in group buffing outside of waiting for the countdown at the start of a quest (even TE used to not be that great, till we got the lvl85 skill) The range is too small and each tick only adds 15sec. It's simply too much of a hassle to spend PP and personal dps just to get another player to deal 24% more damage for 1min.

And let's not forget that the crushing majority of the playerbase (I mean higher than 99%) do not play PSO2 as a group activity. They play a singleplayer game where other players just happen to be around too (in fact, even traditional MMOs resemble this in 2010s). Players do not care about what other players do, they only care what they do.

Digital Doom
Jul 17, 2018, 10:17 AM
In non-expert blocks, even TE players do not buff.

FO isn't that effective in group buffing outside of waiting for the countdown at the start of a quest (even TE used to not be that great, till we got the lvl85 skill) The range is too small and each tick only adds 15sec. It's simply too much of a hassle to spend PP and personal dps just to get another player to deal 24% more damage for 1min.

And let's not forget that the crushing majority of the playerbase (I mean higher than 99%) do not play PSO2 as a group activity. They play a singleplayer game where other players just happen to be around too (in fact, even traditional MMOs resemble this in 2010s). Players do not care about what other players do, they only care what they do.

Buffs last 3 minutes , and I’m talking about at teleporter , during down times , or when meeting at a weak point just pop a quick shifta if no one has it. I am disappointed to see the community disagrees with what I said and will not waste any more energy on that.

Jene-chan
Jul 17, 2018, 10:25 AM
I agree mostly with what Mits is saying. In situations where it makes sense, FO can buff if there is no Techer but it's not for the purpose of supporting others per se as much as it is refreshing your buffs to keep your DPS as high as it can be. PSO2 has no mechanics that require healing or support since the game doesn't enforce any type of actual role system, so really the only goal for any given encounter would be damage output. For example, if you saw someone getting hit by something in Omega Loser, you wouldn't necessarily go out of your way to cast Resta on them. You could but realistically they probably have ways to handle it themselves and in some cases you may end up chasing them around just to try and support them.

I'm not trying to discourage being an empathetic player but in most cases it's usually more efficient to monitor yourself and your party as the primary concern only. Even when I play Techer, my feeling is that I'll do my best to re-buff others during the actual EQ, but if you're out of range when buffs are going out, that's tough bananas. Good example of this is Dragon EQ - when I play on Gunner outside of a party with a Techer, if I miss Shifta/Deband on downs because I'm too high up, that's not really the Techer's fault and it's not like they can really do anything about it either. lol

They could spend minutes trying to chase me down but most times if it was fading I'd re-apply it myself anyway. lol

milranduil
Jul 17, 2018, 10:34 AM
just to get another player to deal 24% more damage for 1min.

this is horrendously inaccurate. shifta only increases your base stats, it's not a % damage increase. at best it's a 5-6% damage increase.

Buffs last 3 minutes , and I’m talking about at teleporter , during down times , or when meeting at a weak point just pop a quick shifta if no one has it. I am disappointed to see the community disagrees with what I said and will not waste any more energy on that.

the only real benefit fo shifta has over anyone else is the potential to buff up to 3 minutes, but that's 3 full casts which takes a long time to apply all the ticks because fo does not have long time assist so each tick is only 15 seconds. hr, fi, bo, hu, su can all naturally cast shifta or with shifta boots, so it's not really a fo's job alone now is it?

Digital Doom
Jul 17, 2018, 10:38 AM
this is horrendously inaccurate. shifta only increases your base stats, it's not a % damage increase. at best it's a 5-6% damage increase.

the only real benefit fo shifta has over anyone else is the potential to buff up to 3 minutes, but that's 3 full casts which takes a long time to apply all the ticks because fo does not have long time assist so each tick is only 15 seconds. hr, fi, bo, hu, su can all naturally cast shifta or with shifta boots, so it's not really a fo's job alone now is it?

I think everyone misunderstands me , I’m saying at least try to buff at teleporter or down times or at weak points. At least that is what I do and would hope others would do too. But maybe Your all right , times have changed. I didn’t mean to buff constantly making sure each 12 people have both buffs. That would be a head ache.you start off with 3 minutes - most quests end under 8-10 minutes. It’s just another round of fully buffing , with upgraded shifta and deband it’s really easy. Also thanks to everyone for the feedback. I think it’s a great topic.

milranduil
Jul 17, 2018, 10:42 AM
I think everyone misunderstands me , I’m saying at least try to buff at teleporter or down times or at weak points. At least that is what I do and would hope others would do too. But maybe Your all right , times have changed. I didn’t mean to buff constantly making sure each 12 people have both buffs. That would be a head ache.you start off with 3 minutes - most quests end under 8-10 minutes. It’s just another round of fully buffing , with upgraded shifta and deband it’s really easy.

my point was you shouldn't just be putting it on fo players to buff. everyone should be buffing.

Digital Doom
Jul 17, 2018, 10:52 AM
my point was you shouldn't just be putting it on fo players to buff. everyone should be buffing.

I agree, when I play Bo and there’s no force or te , I do try to apply shifta as often as possible. During teleporter , downtime’s , and at weakpoints. I do think Te is first in charge tho and force are next in line to step up if no Te, and so on.

XrosBlader821
Jul 17, 2018, 10:56 AM
For example, if you saw someone getting hit by something in Omega Loser, you wouldn't necessarily go out of your way to cast Resta on them.

Especially since Resta/Megiverse overrides Zanverse. It just doesn't make sense to play like a "Healer".

milranduil
Jul 17, 2018, 10:58 AM
I agree, when I play Bo and there’s no force or te , I do try to apply shifta as often as possible. During teleporter , downtime’s , and at weakpoints. I do think Te is first in charge tho and force are next in line to step up if no Te, and so on.

this exactly my point though, why is it fo's job to buff over any other class besides te? its shifta is not anymore valuable. fo has to spend the same time per buff tick that any other class does and it's a dps class just like any other class. what's the reason for the bias?

Digital Doom
Jul 17, 2018, 11:11 AM
Especially since Resta/Megiverse overrides Zanverse. It just doesn't make sense to play like a "Healer".

I never said play like a healer.. it got blown way out of context , the end of this topic.

Digital Doom
Jul 17, 2018, 11:16 AM
this exactly my point though, why is it fo's job to buff over any other class besides te? its shifta is not anymore valuable. fo has to spend the same time per buff tick that any other class does and it's a dps class just like any other class. what's the reason for the bias?

Your right I’m wrong end of story.

milranduil
Jul 17, 2018, 11:17 AM
Your right I’m wrong end of story.

you are right that people should buff more, just the class bias is the part that is unnecessary when anyone except braver can cast shifta lv 17 whenever they want.

Digital Doom
Jul 17, 2018, 11:38 AM
you are right that people should buff more, just the class bias is the part that is unnecessary when anyone except braver can cast shifta lv 17 whenever they want.

It should be in a forces blood. I guess it’s just my opinion. I agree with what your saying also. I just thought forces have longer buff durations , longer reaching buffs , and with the shifta and deband sp lines , stronger shifta and deband compared to su or hero etc. maybe I was wrong.

Masu
Jul 17, 2018, 11:44 AM
Are Ambduscia/Lilipa LQ definitively vanish with upcoming maintenance or do they rotate until August 8?

Jene-chan
Jul 17, 2018, 11:56 AM
It should be in a forces blood. I guess it’s just my opinion. I agree with what your saying also. I just thought forces have longer buff durations , longer reaching buffs , and with the shifta and deband sp lines , stronger shifta and deband compared to su or hero etc. maybe I was wrong.

Territory Burst and Extend Assist are okay but they're not so overwhelmingly useful that it makes sense for FO to actually deviate from DPS to buff everyone unless their own buffs are running out. As mil said, it takes 3 full casts to fully refresh duration when in a situation where you don't have a Techer, people are focused/serious about DPS would be refreshing their own with Shifta Shoes or by casting it themselves anyway if it was going to run out.

Every class is a DPS class with the kinda exception of Techer which actually has real usable support utility and once they're done buffing, they're just a DPS class as well.

milranduil
Jul 17, 2018, 11:59 AM

this is exactly my point. you are bringing bias from pso1 or psu when force in this game is completely different.

1) longer buff durations don't matter if the time per tick is the same as other classes.
2) the range is longer if fote, but again that doesn't matter if they're buffing when everyone is congregated anyway, which anyone can do.
3) most fo don't take shifta crit/deband cut because it's more worthwhile to get 3 element masteries maxed on te sub for compounds. shifta adv is super worthless.
4) base buffs are the same no matter who uses them

Masu
Jul 17, 2018, 12:13 PM
It's interesting and all but....
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?225884-Force-Discussion
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?226714-Techer-Guide-Thread-2-0
:D

Are Ambduscia/Lilipa LQ definitively vanish with upcoming maintenance or do they rotate until August 8?

Dark Mits
Jul 17, 2018, 12:14 PM
this is horrendously inaccurate. shifta only increases your base stats, it's not a % damage increase. at best it's a 5-6% damage increase. Thank you for the correction. It strengthens my point even more.

@Digital Doom: We are not trying to diss you or anything. In fact, we agree that everyone (not just FO) should try to buff during the countdown. However, the performance difference between that and zero buffs is miniscule because of PSO2 hit-and-run gameplay. There is a performance increase, it's just so small, and players do not care that much that they simply prefer to be alt-tabbed to something else than spend 20 seconds casting 3 charged Shiftas and 3 charged Debands.

Jene-chan
Jul 17, 2018, 12:20 PM
It's interesting and all but....
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?225884-Force-Discussion
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?226714-Techer-Guide-Thread-2-0
:D

Essentially we were discussing "is it worthwhile for me to go out of my way to buff others as FoTe" and the answer is "no".

Masu
Jul 17, 2018, 01:18 PM
Sure and "no" took almost 2 and a half pages :)

Mine is super easy to answer too and do not require to argue on anything : "yes" or "no". Thanks in advance.

XrosBlader821
Jul 17, 2018, 01:19 PM
However, the performance difference between that and zero buffs is miniscule because of PSO2 hit-and-run gameplay.

Oh it's not because of the PSO2 gameplay, It's because Shifta and Deband ignore the most important part of your Stats, Weapon ATK/Unit Def stats.If these were affected as well the boost would be so high even people who can't use Techs would start using Shiftaride and Debandride

Masu
Jul 17, 2018, 01:27 PM
Sure and "no" took almost 2 and a half pages :)

Mine is super easy to answer too and do not require to argue on anything : "yes" or "no". Thanks in advance.

Edit: Also there was no irony with the 'it's interesting and all', just that initial post and everything which followed don't belong to this topic.

Edit2: and derp I unintentionally quoted myself.

Digital Doom
Jul 17, 2018, 01:31 PM
Thank you for the correction. It strengthens my point even more.

@Digital Doom: We are not trying to diss you or anything. In fact, we agree that everyone (not just FO) should try to buff during the countdown. However, the performance difference between that and zero buffs is miniscule because of PSO2 hit-and-run gameplay. There is a performance increase, it's just so small, and players do not care that much that they simply prefer to be alt-tabbed to something else than spend 20 seconds casting 3 charged Shiftas and 3 charged Debands.

I understand better now , pso2 is a lot faster paced compared to previous pso games. I just been in some really crappy parties so maybe I was just venting, thanks for Info.

Jene-chan
Jul 17, 2018, 01:43 PM
@Masu - Lilipa Arkuma Land lasts until 7/25. Week of 7/25 Amduscia Arkuma Land comes back for a week and then the week of 8/1 Lilipa Arkuma Land returns for 1 more week. Web Panel rewards should be week of 8/15 and week of 8/22 (http://pso2.jp/players/event/6th_agr/webevent/).

Masu
Jul 17, 2018, 01:52 PM
@Masu - Lilipa Arkuma Land lasts until 7/25. Week of 7/25 Amduscia Arkuma Land comes back for a week and then the week of 8/1 Lilipa Arkuma Land returns for 1 more week. Web Panel rewards should be week of 8/15 and week of 8/22 (http://pso2.jp/players/event/6th_agr/webevent/).

Thanks a lot. Knowing this I can slow down the farm a bit and go on short cooldown ;v

XrosBlader821
Jul 18, 2018, 05:07 AM
So S1:Flowing Intent resets upon weapon switching. Does this also reset when changing Weapon Palette on the same weapon?

silo1991
Jul 18, 2018, 11:33 AM
guys i have a question , im planning to do a little fix to my shien JB , i just want to add 1 extra stat effect , but outside of ability i dont know other affixes which boost S-atk and T-atk at the same time

can you tell me some pls

XrosBlader821
Jul 18, 2018, 12:19 PM
guys i have a question , im planning to do a little fix to my shien JB , i just want to add 1 extra stat effect , but outside of ability i dont know other affixes which boost S-atk and T-atk at the same time

can you tell me some pls

just go with S-ATK affixes, you don't need T-ATK with Switch Strike on Bo/Hu

Anduril
Jul 18, 2018, 12:24 PM

can you tell me some pls
Answering your question specifically, you have Astral Soul (available as an SAF from Ray weapons), Modulator, Apprentice Soul, Vinculum, all the Reveries, all the Factors, Doom Break, ARKS Fever, ARKS Max, and Offense Boost (I may have forgotten a few).

But yeah, unless you have a T-ATK mag or are FI/BO, straight S-ATK with Switch Strike is your best option even if you want to throw some Techs into your attack cycles.

silo1991
Jul 18, 2018, 12:29 PM
Answering your question specifically, you have Astral Soul (available as an SAF from Ray weapons), Modulator, Apprentice Soul, Vinculum, all the Reveries, all the Factors, Doom Break, ARKS Fever, ARKS Max, and Offense Boost.

But yeah, unless you have a T-ATK mag or are FI/BO, straight S-ATK with Switch Strike is your best option.

thanks for the info but if i add both stats at the same time then use switch strike , would i have even more S-atk? because thats my point of view

also thanks for the info

Anduril
Jul 18, 2018, 12:31 PM
thanks for the info but if i add both stats at the same time then use switch strike , would i have even more S-atk? because thats my point of view

also thanks for the info
No, it just switches from using your T-ATK stat to using your S-ATK stat in damage calculations for the JB's normal attacks and PAs; it doesn't convert the T-ATK into S-ATK.

silo1991
Jul 18, 2018, 02:13 PM
No, it just switches from using your T-ATK stat to using your S-ATK stat in damage calculations for the JB's normal attacks and PAs; it doesn't convert the T-ATK into S-ATK.

oh , i see i been misundestanding that togle for 3 years ( since ep 3 came out) im sure i looked like stupid DX XP

also investigated some good afixes like ether factor(+30 to all and +10 HP and 6 pp) and mark of yoyo(+40 to the 3 atk stats and +50 HP) , the T-atk can work for stronger heals only :/

Anduril
Jul 18, 2018, 02:31 PM
also investigated some good afixes like ether factor(+30 to all and +10 HP and 6 pp) and mark of yoyo(+40 to the 3 atk stats and +50 HP) , the T-atk can work for stronger heals only :/
I do not believe that "Mark" affixes can be transferred.

silo1991
Jul 18, 2018, 03:31 PM
I do not believe that "Mark" affixes can be transferred.

thanks for the warning , i will be keep loking for something that give S-atk and HP

XrosBlader821
Jul 18, 2018, 05:52 PM
So S1:Flowing Intent resets upon weapon switching. Does this also reset when changing Weapon Palette on the same weapon?

guys don't forget about my question :<

Zephyrion
Jul 18, 2018, 06:04 PM
guys don't forget about my question :<

Not used to translation changes, but flowing intent = flowing grace right ? If so resets upon weapon change but not on palette switch (as long as it's the exact same weapon and not a duplicate without the SSA). Similarly to Nemesis Shield, any weapon with Flowing Grace on it can be switched to another weapon that has it and effect will stay active

Moffen
Jul 18, 2018, 06:21 PM
Not used to translation changes, but flowing intent = flowing grace right ? If so resets upon weapon change but not on palette switch (as long as it's the exact same weapon and not a duplicate without the SSA). Similarly to Nemesis Shield, any weapon with Flowing Grace on it can be switched to another weapon that has it and effect will stay active

Will this work if you swap from one Red Petal Flash active weapon to another of a different type?

Zephyrion
Jul 19, 2018, 01:50 AM
Will this work if you swap from one Red Petal Flash active weapon to another of a different type?

Red petal resets upon switching, even with a weapon from a different type

XrosBlader821
Jul 19, 2018, 03:41 AM

No, Flowing Intent and Flowing Grace are two different abilities.
I ask because SWiki specifically mentions that Flowing Intent resets upon weapon switch and Flowing Grace doesn't. Flowing intent boosts Damage over time and caps at 4% after 30 seconds. Did we have any weapons similar to this yet?

Zephyrion
Jul 19, 2018, 03:46 AM
No, Flowing Intent and Flowing Grace are two different abilities.
I ask because SWiki specifically mentions that Flowing Intent resets upon weapon switch and Flowing Grace doesn't. Flowing intent boosts Damage over time and caps at 4% after 30 seconds. Did we have any weapons similar to this yet?

Ooooh this one. We only had Gix and it was kind of an oddball. Palette for sure never resetted it, but weapon prolly does like petal

Digital Doom
Jul 19, 2018, 09:09 AM
A few years ago ares 13* were like today’s 14* , difficult to get and a blessing to get 2 and 60 element one. Also skull weapons from that spider boss from kuron free field, and griffin 13* etc. I have lots of OT weapons from back then with great affix and max grinded. Is all that time getting those considered wasted now? Or do you think they will eventually add a NT for those old big accomplishments/finds? I have a couple austere that I’m looking forward to the NT, but have they ever mentioned all the other difficult to find rainbow drops from a few years back ?

Anduril
Jul 19, 2018, 09:17 AM
A few years ago ares 13* were like today’s 14* , difficult to get and a blessing to get 2 and 60 element one. Also skull weapons from that spider boss from kuron free field, and griffin 13* etc. I have lots of OT weapons from back then with great affix and max grinded. Is all that time getting those considered wasted now? Or do you think they will eventually add a NT for those old big accomplishments/finds? I have a couple austere that I’m looking forward to the NT, but have they ever mentioned all the other difficult to find rainbow drops from a few years back ?

Honestly, they probably will not have anything to upgrade all of the old 13* (some, but not all). Think of it this way, 10* weapons used to be hard to find, but now their only real use is to be recycled into cubes; they did add the option to desynth 13*s a while ago, so we may be approaching that territory for them.

moorebounce
Jul 19, 2018, 06:01 PM
Can you still add a class to weapons?

XrosBlader821
Jul 19, 2018, 06:07 PM
Can you still add a class to weapons?

yes, on outdated 11* OT Weapons

moorebounce
Jul 19, 2018, 06:17 PM
yes, on outdated 11* OT Weapons

Thanks. I just found that on Reddit. Seems I need to find all class weapons then.

XrosBlader821
Jul 19, 2018, 06:38 PM
Thanks. I just found that on Reddit. Seems I need to find all class weapons then.

i'm gonna save you the search. Most of them are PSO2es exclusive nowadays.

moorebounce
Jul 19, 2018, 09:43 PM
i'm gonna save you the search. Most of them are PSO2es exclusive nowadays.

Thanks

Silent_Flower
Jul 20, 2018, 12:03 AM
Can someone give me a link to an updated candy box setup? I am thinking of playing Su to get 14* eggs.

Digital Doom
Jul 20, 2018, 08:45 AM
Can someone give me a link to an updated candy box setup? I am thinking of playing Su to get 14* eggs.

Just google pso2 candy. There’s some links in the articles. But honestly just look at the list of candies and add which ever ones you prefer. You can only add 2 13* parfait for example: so use the 2 that would add the most damage. You can buy most of the best candy from the 2016-2018 badge shops. You can only add 2 13*s 2 12*s etc. also you want to make the element 60%. Preferably Light ofcourse. Which you use the candy shop right next to Monica / Dudu to convert donuts into better donuts to make a 30 and a 20 element one to make it 60% total. You can buy the little spray can eraser things to erase the orange blocks away , and they only cost like 8 excuses each. So 60 element the pet. Costs about 2 mil meseta maybe to buy all the synthesizers to grind the donuts. Or just buy synthesizers with excubes. The smaller candy like the ones you can add 5 or or 20 of don’t really matter to much. I just used the one that raises S-defense, so it gave it 500 more sdef. For the candy that boosts satk tatk or ratk, just use the one that boosts tatk, you can use 3 of that one. Since rykros damage is based off tatk. Don’t forget to grind all your candies to max grind so they don’t take up much space.

I would use the 12* candies that reduce damage received and use 13* parfaits that boost damage to enemies or bosses

Silent_Flower
Jul 20, 2018, 08:51 AM
Just google pso2 candy. There’s some links in the articles. But honestly just look at the list of candies and add which ever ones you prefer. You can only add 2 13* parfait for example: so use the 2 that would add the most damage. You can buy most of the best candy from the 2016-2018 badge shops. You can only add 2 13*s 2 12*s etc. also you want to make the element 60%. Preferably Light ofcourse. Which you use the candy shop right next to Monica / Dudu to convert donuts into better donuts to make a 30 and a 20 element one to make it 60% total. You can buy the little spray can eraser things to erase the orange blocks away , and they only cost like 8 excuses each. So 60 element the pet. Costs about 2 mil meseta maybe to buy all the synthesizers to grind the donuts. Or just buy synthesizers with excubes. The smaller candy like the ones you can add 5 or or 20 of don’t really matter to much. I just used the one that raises S-defense, so it gave it 500 more sdef. For the candy that boosts satk tatk or ratk, just use the one that boosts tatk, you can use 3 of that one. Since rykros damage is based off tatk. Don’t forget to grind all your candies to max grind so they don’t take up much space.

I would use the 12* candies that reduce damage received and use 13* parfaits that boost damage to enemies or bosses

Thanks, but I prob should have said what parfait should I used. Last thing I need is to put a bossing parfait on a mobbing pet. I have 0 idea what each pet is specialize in.

Digital Doom
Jul 20, 2018, 09:13 AM
Thanks, but I prob should have said what parfait should I used. Last thing I need is to put a bossing parfait on a mobbing pet. I have 0 idea what each pet is specialize in.

I use torim and Wanda 14* pets. I just put the 13* parfaits that boost damage without having some weird twist to t like having to stand closer to the monster or having a certain amount of enemies in area. Many of the parfaits have certain requirements in order for the damage boost to take effect. Me, I prefer to use the ones with just a straight up raw damage boost regardless of where I’m standing and how low my hp or pp is etc. even if the damage %s are a little lower. It’s just easier. For example the Blast parfait irs only like a 6% damage boost if max gauge and 4% or somthing when not full- I choose this one because I will ALWAYS at least have that 4% at all times. It’s really all opinion , and just what YOU want. Honestly these pets do so much damage the parfaits really aren’t that big of a deal, and are all common, also can replace them and delete them at any time

Blast parfait gives 4-6% and perfect parfait gives I think 7 or 9% damage if same element - and if your pets light, that’s like just 15% extra damage at all times to any Light monsters.

Kondibon
Jul 20, 2018, 09:52 AM

Use them enough and you'll start to get it. You can take candies out and keep them for just 1 stargem now, so it's a lot more forgiving if you change your mind.

This is a bit outdated, but to give you a rough idea, this is how I rated them a while back. This is before 14* pets and the pp cost reductions for unevolved pets, so the nuances between the evolved and unevolved versions are a bit lost on me, but the idea should be the same.

[spoiler-box]Single Target is how strong they are, both in terms of damage and pp efficiency against a single enemy.
AoE is how strong they are against groups, particularly spread out ones.
Burst is how much their damage relies on quick heavy hits with long down time.
PP Management is how efficient their PAs are in relation to their pp recovery from attacks.
Utility is how useful their stuff other than damage is. Things like moving enemies, or attacking from range.
Survivability is how good they are at staying alive, including things like rappy's self heal and viol

Wanda/Jinga:The starting pet for anyone playing summoner as their first class. This adorable dog is a balanced pet, with high hp, good defense, good sustained damage, and a variety of AoE PAs. While good enough to work anywhere, Wanda and Jinga lack heavy burst damage and shine more against groups of normal enemies than taking bosses out quickly.

Single Target: B
AoE: A
Burst: C
PP Management: A
Utility: B
Survivability: A

Torim/Aero:A strong offensive pet, that excels at burst damage. While not as good against large groups as Wanda, it can still hold its own while mobbing. All this power comes at the cost of being incredibly squishy, and having a long charge for its main nuke, Torim/Aero Spiral. While not the weakest pet defensively it's important to make use of Torim's position, PAs, and timing to keep it alive.

Single Target: S
AoE: C
Burst: S
PP Management: C
Utility: D
Survivability: B

Cery/Popple:A magical cat(???) wizard that fights from a distance using spell like attacks. Has very good PP efficiency and recovery. Many of its PAs have built in utility, making it good for support if its ever needed. Because all of its attacks are ranged, it's easy to keep Cery close to you to take advantage of techs like megiverse and zanverse, or utilize the bolster par. Due to a quirk it's VERY easy to accidentally cancel most of Cery's PAs before they activate, making it impractical to attempt spamming them by holding the button. (I think they fixed the animation canceling, but I still have it happen sometimes)

Single Target: C
AoE: B(A*)
Burst: C
PP Management: S
Utility: S
Survivability: B
(*as Popple)

Marron/Melon: Putting the throw back in throw pillow, Maron and Melon are a pair of masochistic puffballs that specialize in defense and (literal) burst damage. Maron has the highest hp of any pet, but very low defense, while Melon is the opposite, having ridiculous defense but the lowest hp.

Much like Brock's onix using bide, they grow stronger each time they're hit, powering up their primary PA Maron/Melon Strike, which causes them to faint, but can deal massive potential damage. Maron grows larger after 3 hits, and again after 6 (for a total of 9), while Melon grows larger every hit (for a total of 2), until they reach a total of 2 charges.

When fully charged, a purplish fire effect will surround them. While this is when their Strike PA is at its strongest, it also means they will explode after a few seconds. Maron's explosion deals massive damage to you (and only you), effectively wasting the charges. It's important to either use strike and throw it at an enemy, or switch pets to avoid this. The explosion can't defeat you on its own (it only drops you to 1 hp), but can trigger zanverse, which may end up finishing you off.
Melon on the other hand simply deflates back to 0.

Many of their other PAs are like modified versions of other pet PAs. While they share personalities, and PAs mechanically, neither is the evolved form of the other, and in many cases Melon's normal PAs are purely infirior due to less damage and/or higher PP costs.

Marron:
AoE: S
Burst: S
Survivability: F

Melon:
Single Target: A
Burst: B
Survivability: A

Viola: The unholy fusion of a sheep, an afgan hound, Mr Fantastic, and an alicorn, Viola is a heavy hitting monument to man's hubris. By activating Viola Change, this pet can become incredibly tanky at the cost of speed and pp recovery.

AoE: B
Burst: B
PP Management: B
Utility: C
Survivability: S

Synchro: A fast unrelenting flurry of slashes and punches ending in a powerful slam, Synchro sacrifices raw damage and defense for constant sustained damage and pp efficiency, while still having access to good burst. Each of its PAs is improved if used right after a different PA, making it important to keep up the assault. Unfortunately, having a slow, weak normal attack means it's not very useful when you finally run out of PP.

Due to a weird quirk in its AI, Synchro acts like its hitboxes are large than they actually are and may require some vertical repositioning to reach enemies below it with PAs. (this also supposedly got fixed, but it can still happen sometimes)

Burst: A
PP Management: C
Survivability: C

Redran: As the physical embodyment of Panzer Dragoon, Ledran specializes in long range homing attacks and AoEs. This pet is at its best when faced with multiple and/or large opponents, as it lacks the quick, cheap, simple, options many other pets have for dealing with small trash mobs. In addition it's one of the squishiest and easiest to get Ko'd, but makes up for it by filling the sky with lasers and being able to deal focused damage from very far away, or over a very large area. Like Cery and Popple, fighting at range makes it easy to keep Ledran near you for support techs.

PP Management: D
Survivability: D

Rappy: This one I'm still not sure about. It's pretty tanky and has an AoE heal, with a decent mix of sustained and burst damage. It really requires enemies to stay still for extended periods to maximize damage output though.

PP Management: B
Utility: A
Survivability: S[/spoiler-box]

moorebounce
Jul 21, 2018, 04:52 AM
Where do you get Raguol memory? I saw an outfit at the badge shop I want to get.

XrosBlader821
Jul 21, 2018, 05:06 AM
Where do you get Raguol memory? I saw an outfit at the badge shop I want to get.

sometimes it's a reward for using the AC scratch multiple times

Battle Line Clash has one for example

https://i.imgur.com/bksOexw.png

moorebounce
Jul 21, 2018, 07:02 AM
sometimes it's a reward for using the AC scratch multiple times

Battle Line Clash has one for example

https://i.imgur.com/bksOexw.png

Thank you

Omega Cipher
Jul 21, 2018, 09:37 AM
Iron Will's chance to trigger happens before Limit Break Insurance activates right? I assume that's the case so the insurance doesn't just invalidate Iron Will during LB, but just wanted to double check before I spend a point on it.

XrosBlader821
Jul 21, 2018, 09:45 AM
Iron Will's chance to trigger happens before Limit Break Insurance activates right? I assume that's the case so the insurance doesn't just invalidate Iron Will during LB, but just wanted to double check before I spend a point on it.

Yes, this is the Priority list:
Iron Will > Limit Break Insurance > Steel Resolve or Lumiere Potential "Dauntless Templar" > Hero Will

Volkh
Jul 21, 2018, 11:37 PM
I just checked that the 6th Anniversary Exchange Shop for the second half ends on the July 25th. Do you think I should use up all my 6th Anniversary badges before that day? Or is there any news that we can still exchange them for homura weapons after the date?

moorebounce
Jul 22, 2018, 02:41 AM
I tried searching for what Meseta Crystals are for but no luck. I've been away for close to a year and just got back so I'll have a lot of questions that may seem stupid.

Anduril
Jul 22, 2018, 02:58 AM
I tried searching for what Meseta Crystals are for but no luck. I've been away for close to a year and just got back so I'll have a lot of questions that may seem stupid.

They are just items that you can sell to the NPC shops for a set amount of meseta; no other use for them. Izane Crystals are similar items that sell for higher.

I just checked that the 6th Anniversary Exchange Shop for the second half ends on the July 25th. Do you think I should use up all my 6th Anniversary badges before that day? Or is there any news that we can still exchange them for homura weapons after the date?

I want to say that the Homura weapons should stick around (at least until the 8th), and that the only thing disappearing from the Shop will be the accessories and Lobby Actions in there.

moorebounce
Jul 22, 2018, 04:28 PM
They are just items that you can sell to the NPC shops for a set amount of meseta; no other use for them. Izane Crystals are similar items that sell for higher.

Thanks.

the_importer_
Jul 22, 2018, 06:51 PM
I don't recall seeing any Val weapons for sale with S2:Offensive Intent. Did SEGA restrict the sales of these or something?

Silent_Flower
Jul 22, 2018, 06:57 PM
I don't recall seeing any Val weapons for sale with S2:Offensive Intent. Did SEGA restrict the sales of these or something?

Best guess supply ran out. According to visiphone, it came from Enchanted Forest, which guess it is from the trigger?

the_importer_
Jul 22, 2018, 08:12 PM
Best guess supply ran out. According to visiphone, it came from Enchanted Forest, which guess it is from the trigger?

Strange, according to swiki, it's in the Enchanted Forest Free Field Exploration.

Kondibon
Jul 22, 2018, 09:03 PM
Strange, according to swiki, it's in the Enchanted Forest Free Field Exploration.It is. But no one does it enough to get drops anymore probably.

the_importer_
Jul 22, 2018, 09:28 PM
It is. But no one does it enough to get drops anymore probably.

Perhaps it will pickup again after the 6th Anniversary stuff is over.

EDIT: Turns out that there's a bunch of them, but you can't find them just with an "S2" search, you got to type the entire thing. Not sure if this has to do with SEGA or the translation patch for items.

milranduil
Jul 23, 2018, 12:13 AM
Perhaps it will pickup again after the 6th Anniversary stuff is over.

EDIT: Turns out that there's a bunch of them, but you can't find them just with an "S2" search, you got to type the entire thing. Not sure if this has to do with SEGA or the translation patch for items.

if you haven't searched it before, it won't be in your cache yet. otherwise, idk.

the_importer_
Jul 23, 2018, 06:53 AM
if you haven't searched it before, it won't be in your cache yet. otherwise, idk.

Never happened before.

GHNeko
Jul 23, 2018, 09:22 AM
Never happened before.

then it was in your cache then :wacko:

Salavtore
Jul 23, 2018, 10:25 PM
AC scratch card that has the most value currently?

the_importer_
Jul 24, 2018, 12:06 AM
So if Arkuma Land is still on after the upcoming maintenance, why is the shop going away? What are we suppose to do with the badges?

Anduril
Jul 24, 2018, 12:16 AM
So if Arkuma Land is still on after the upcoming maintenance, why is the shop going away? What are we suppose to do with the badges?

What is likely going to go away are the accessories and lobby actions.

the_importer_
Jul 24, 2018, 12:18 AM
What is likely going to go away are the accessories and lobby actions.

Oh ya, makes sense.

Dark Mits
Jul 24, 2018, 12:43 AM
I hope PSUBlog mentions what will be removed like last time so that I manage to snatch them.

Anduril
Jul 24, 2018, 02:17 AM
I hope PSUBlog mentions what will be removed like last time so that I manage to snatch them.
From what I gleaned looking at the swiki, for sure it looks like the 2 accessories and the Lobby Action that cost 150 Badges that were cycled in with Sand Land will be gone after maintenance.

diamondx
Jul 24, 2018, 05:20 AM
what is best online keyboard to use when entering special characters at the sega id management web page. I enter my user name and password but at the bottom you have to enter these special character symbols, what do i need to use for that please? thanks in advance.

XrosBlader821
Jul 24, 2018, 05:38 AM
what is best online keyboard to use when entering special characters at the sega id management web page. I enter my user name and password but at the bottom you have to enter these special character symbols, what do i need to use for that please? thanks in advance.

I just use the hiragana table from wikipedia and copy paste the symbols

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2018, 07:43 PM
Do people reliably buy grinded 12* weapons?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jul 24, 2018, 08:19 PM

For NT grind fodder, especially when a new overhyped weapon line comes out, or when boost week comes around.

Salavtore
Jul 24, 2018, 09:00 PM

Tbh yea.
Reselling 12* weapons grinded to at least 5 or above (swords at least) I've sold for various ranges of meseta, heavily above 300 - 500k

IDK if I'm selling myself short or not but I make up for what I lost grinding

Honestly not a bad way to flip the market in your favor

Tyreek
Jul 25, 2018, 09:31 PM
How many times are you allowed to fail at your visiphone password? I swear my memory has gone full derp today. What is the cooldown period for failed logins? After 2 I literally just shut off the game.

Anduril
Jul 25, 2018, 10:09 PM
How many times are you allowed to fail at your visiphone password? I swear my memory has gone full derp today. What is the cooldown period for failed logins? After 2 I literally just shut off the game.

I believe you get 5 attempts, but I'm not sure on the cooldown.

the_importer_
Jul 26, 2018, 12:42 AM
Have they made an item that allows you to transfer abilities like Tech&PP3?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 26, 2018, 04:53 AM
Have they made an item that allows you to transfer abilities like Tech&PP3?
no and if they did, get ready to pay a hefty price

the_importer_
Jul 26, 2018, 08:50 AM
no and if they did, get ready to pay a hefty price

Well, right now, Tech&PP\3 goes for over 30m and it will get worse unless SEGA puts it back into the scratch ticket prizes, so such an item would be welcomed.

milranduil
Jul 26, 2018, 12:05 PM
Well, right now, Tech&PP\3 goes for over 30m and it will get worse unless SEGA puts it back into the scratch ticket prizes, so such an item would be welcomed.

it'll be in the 200ac support scratch this time, always is after anniversary.

the_importer_
Jul 26, 2018, 12:42 PM
it'll be in the 200ac support scratch this time, always is after anniversary.

Oh good, price drop then.

Arakasa
Jul 26, 2018, 02:00 PM
was there a 14* wand added in this weeks update or was i hallucinating? if so whats the pot and what drops it?

ArcaneTechs
Jul 26, 2018, 02:34 PM
Oh good, price drop then.
you need to remember Grace was only added in the support scratch so its been out of rotation for awhile and well prices are shooting up, once the 10% week is here it'll go down some. just how it is but at least noble is finally phased out and elegant is the norm which should have happened a long time ago

was there a 14* wand added in this weeks update or was i hallucinating? if so whats the pot and what drops it?
youre hallucinating since the new Raid has only Rifle/Katana/Double Saber/ Gunslash as its 4 unique drops along side the trash Phobos series

Arada
Jul 26, 2018, 02:34 PM

There was none specifically added for this maintenance but one of them has become much easier to get:
フォボスコルセア

SAF is Sentence Technique
Supports S2 SSA (only S2)
Has the best ATK stats out of any wand.
Potential is: 6% damage. +10% after the wand has been sheathed in your back for 4 seconds. Those +10% disappear after 14 seconds.

Explanation on the potential:
When you can have the bonus, you have a blue ring around you. That ring shows when the potential is charged. The 14 seconds countdown starts when you deal damage (not when you unsheath). When only 5 seconds of potential left, the ring turns red but it's just a time indicator so no damage loss.
Resets when you change weapon.
The JP wiki says it does not reset if you switch to a weapon with the same potential (but I'm translating with Google so that might be inaccurate).

Source: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%9C%E3%82%B9%E3% 82%B3%E3%83%AB%E3%82%BB%E3%82%A2

the_importer_
Jul 26, 2018, 03:31 PM
you need to remember Grace was only added in the support scratch so its been out of rotation for awhile and well prices are shooting up, once the 10% week is here it'll go down some. just how it is but at least noble is finally phased out and elegant is the norm which should have happened a long time ago

10% week, you mean an upcoming boost affix week? If so, why would prices drop instead of increasing unless Grace comes back with the scratches?

Arakasa
Jul 26, 2018, 04:30 PM

youre hallucinating since the new Raid has only Rifle/Katana/Double Saber/ Gunslash as its 4 unique drops along side the trash Phobos series

weird,guess i have false memories of seeing a quelle-styled wand somewhere in on PSUblog

Silent_Flower
Jul 26, 2018, 04:32 PM
weird,guess i have false memories of seeing a quelle-styled wand somewhere in on PSUblog

It is coming with the release of Beach War.

Arakasa
Jul 26, 2018, 04:33 PM
It is coming with the release of Beach War.

oh durp,yeah my mistake,i got confuzed i guess,i better brace for not getting it since its prolly like the bow from driving rain in that its great and i want it which means it wont drop

Saryn_storm
Jul 26, 2018, 05:30 PM
10% week, you mean an upcoming boost affix week?

What's this about 10% boost week? Is there going to be one next week? If so, perfect timing. Those Izane units have been rotting in my storage quite awhile.

XrosBlader821
Jul 26, 2018, 05:33 PM
What's this about 10% boost week? Is there going to be one next week? If so, perfect timing. Those Izane units have been rotting in my storage quite awhile.

Not next week it's gonna be mid August.

Saryn_storm
Jul 26, 2018, 05:36 PM
Not next week it's gonna be mid August.

So couple weeks. Great to know. Time to prep the fodder.

milranduil
Jul 26, 2018, 05:39 PM
10% week, you mean an upcoming boost affix week? If so, why would prices drop instead of increasing unless Grace comes back with the scratches?

the boost period and support scratch typically come and go together.

ZerotakerZX
Jul 27, 2018, 05:25 AM
Okay, google. What does this SG item do exactly? I can tell its RDR +300, but how does it work? What does S stand for? Does it stack with common RDR +250? And how long does it last? It's just description says something about 60 mins, while line below says just 1 min. Puzzling.

XrosBlader821
Jul 27, 2018, 05:29 AM
Okay, google. What does this SG item do exactly? I can tell its RDR +300, but how does it work? What does S stand for? Does it stack with common RDR +250? And how long does it last? It's just description says something about 60 mins, while line below says just 1 min. Puzzling.

S stands for Star (similar to Salon Pass S)
it does not stack and lasts 60 minutes

ZerotakerZX
Jul 27, 2018, 05:30 AM
S stands for Star (similar to Salon Pass S)
it does not stack and lasts 60 minutes
Oh, bummer. Would be mega useful if it did. Thanks, m8.

Kintama
Jul 27, 2018, 06:55 AM
Hello, i just got myself a 144hz monitor, the game runs fine at 144fps but i notice cutscenes framerate is locked at 60, is there a way to undo the lock and have them go to 144fps as well? thank you in advance.

Tymek
Jul 27, 2018, 08:03 AM
Playing as Hero. What Homura series weapon should I get?

Kondibon
Jul 27, 2018, 02:48 PM
Playing as Hero. What Homura series weapon should I get?Probably the sword if anything.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 27, 2018, 02:54 PM
Playing as Hero. What Homura series weapon should I get?
you should honestly use another series that doesnt tank your dmg when youre off element, just my suggestion and 150% RDR is next month so gearing in Enchanted Forest will help. Unless you havent used Atra for something else, get Atra sword

moorebounce
Jul 27, 2018, 07:55 PM
It's been a while probably 2 or 3 years but where do you get weapon exchange tickets?

Moffen
Jul 27, 2018, 08:02 PM
It's been a while probably 2 or 3 years but where do you get weapon exchange tickets?

If you mean for buying weapons off the visiphone,you no longer need them.

moorebounce
Jul 27, 2018, 08:12 PM
If you mean for buying weapons off the visiphone,you no longer need them.

Actually I'm trying to get them to recycle them. I have weapons I don't want to sell or delete

GreenArcher
Jul 27, 2018, 08:19 PM
How do the SSA add items work? The same as a grace/noble etc booster? Meaning you can't transfer the SSA after its on, and you cant affix it at the same time as a grace booster?

Anduril
Jul 27, 2018, 08:46 PM
How do the SSA add items work? The same as a grace/noble etc booster? Meaning you can't transfer the SSA after its on, and you cant affix it at the same time as a grace booster?

They go on like a Noble/Elegant/Grace Booster, but then follow the normal SSA behavior, so the SSA from the add item is on there until you choose to remove it.

Actually I'm trying to get them to recycle them. I have weapons I don't want to sell or delete
You can no longer obtain trade passes, and in general, you can just trade the same kind of weapon that you could turn into a pass directly in the recycle shop.

moorebounce
Jul 27, 2018, 08:52 PM
You can no longer obtain trade passes, and in general, you can just trade the same kind of weapon that you could turn into a pass directly in the recycle shop.

Thanks

Jokai
Jul 28, 2018, 06:49 AM
It's been 3 years and I'm curious, what're some of the most coveted ac items now?

GreenArcher
Jul 28, 2018, 07:06 AM
They go on like a Noble/Elegant/Grace Booster, but then follow the normal SSA behavior, so the SSA from the add item is on there until you choose to remove it.

Thank you.

NightlightPro
Jul 28, 2018, 10:55 AM
is there a music disc from sky park arkuma land? i mean the one before you start the quest

Unlmtd
Jul 28, 2018, 12:37 PM
Can I recycle old unwanted 13 star weapons somehow? Or can I trade them for something rather than throw them out? I know you can sell some 13 stars on shop but I'd rather not do that right now..

Anduril
Jul 28, 2018, 12:42 PM
Can I recycle old unwanted 13 star weapons somehow? Or can I trade them for something rather than throw them out? I know you can sell some 13 stars on shop but I'd rather not do that right now..

You can desynth 13* weapons for Gold mats and Saphards which currently are used to trade from Atras and will be used for Ares-NT trading as well.

Unlmtd
Jul 28, 2018, 12:56 PM
You can desynth 13* weapons for Gold mats and Saphards which currently are used to trade from Atras and will be used for Ares-NT trading as well.

Oh great..saves me a bunch of bank space. Thanks!

Unlmtd
Jul 29, 2018, 04:11 PM
Does anyone know which PAs would work best with the DS Kamaitachi ring? The description says some PAs will activate Kamaitachi without consuming double saber gear so just wanted to know if there's like a few best ones that most people use. Thanks in advance.

Anduril
Jul 29, 2018, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know which PAs would work best with the DS Kamaitachi ring? The description says some PAs will activate Kamaitachi without consuming double saber gear so just wanted to know if there's like a few best ones that most people use. Thanks in advance.

The ring will generate whirlwinds without consuming gear with all DS PAs except Chaos Riser which automatically drains your Gear Gauge.

Mr3chi
Jul 29, 2018, 07:28 PM

trick is to use 1-2 short + low pp PAs (edge/moon) before longer/dps/high pp ones to stack up whirlwinds + take advantage of tech JA.
only chao when there are enough mobs to regain it instantly if they die or you can gather up full gear with another pa if they don't die.

MyNameIsHawk
Jul 29, 2018, 08:29 PM
raising a 14* weapon to +35 will work to rid the level 75 cap? i know the client order ask a 13* weapon, but i dropped a 14* for a BO and now im raising it

Anduril
Jul 29, 2018, 09:37 PM
raising a 14* weapon to +35 will work to rid the level 75 cap? i know the client order ask a 13* weapon, but i dropped a 14* for a BO and now im raising it

It should, as the titles say 13* or higher.

Will_2_Power
Jul 30, 2018, 09:59 PM
I'm trying to 5s a unit set (the bode set, which I have five of them from Enchanted Forest) with something CHEAP for GuHu (trying out the class since I found a Quelle Windia TMG in EForest about a month or so back), while at the same time not being an asshat in an MPA setting with totally miserable affixes.

For now I'm thinking along the lines of something basic like:

Ares Soul
Shoot IV
StaminaIV
SpiritaIV
Mutation II

But I was wondering if someone have something better in mind.

Also, is there an affix/soul that boosts Apprezina Reverie when affixing?

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Jokai
Jul 30, 2018, 11:49 PM
Returning player, I got a 13* to +35 but the CO to unlock lv 80 isn't completed. Also, lachesis(title npc) is missing. What do I need to do so I can get to lv 80?

Velmoria
Jul 30, 2018, 11:50 PM
I'm trying to 5s a unit set (the bode set, which I have five of them from Enchanted Forest) with something CHEAP for GuHu (trying out the class since I found a Quelle Windia TMG in EForest about a month or so back), while at the same time not being an asshat in an MPA setting with totally miserable affixes.

Ares Soul
Shoot IV
StaminaIV
SpiritaIV
Mutation II

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

I keep see many players asking for "cheap" build, but turns out too expensive, at least for me.
So would be helpful to state your budged range to define "cheap".
Apprenzina Reverie currently cheap as it currently the most common EQ for this week. You need 3 of them to get at most 50% success chance without affix boost.

Anduril
Jul 31, 2018, 12:03 AM
Returning player, I got a 13* to +35 but the CO to unlock lv 80 isn't completed. Also, lachesis(title npc) is missing. What do I need to do so I can get to lv 80?

She has moved to next to the Campship gate; once you go to her and collect your title, the CO will complete.

Loveless62
Jul 31, 2018, 06:51 AM

Ares Soul
Shoot IV
StaminaIV
SpiritaIV
Mutation II

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Both Fabula Soul and Historia Soul boost the transfer rate of Apprezina Reverie. Apprezina Reverie x3 plus one of those souls will give an Apprezina Reverie transfer rate of 70%.

Note that both Fabula Soul and Historia Soul can also be used, combined with an appropriate boss soul, to make Ares the Soul available, so use whichever is cheaper (likely Historia Soul).

I assume your affix set would then become Ares the Soul/Apprezina Reverie/Shoot IV/Stamina IV/Spirita IV. I don't think you are going to find anything cheaper for that much stat value.

Will_2_Power
Jul 31, 2018, 08:08 AM
^alright, thanks for lettjng me know that Historia or Fabula boosts Apprezina Rev.

Yeah.. I'm just going to affix:

Ares soul
Shoot4
Stamina4
Spirita4
Apprezina Rev

Which should be pretty cheap. Thanks.

XrosBlader821
Jul 31, 2018, 08:33 AM
^alright, thanks for lettjng me know that Historia or Fabula boosts Apprezina Rev.

Yeah.. I'm just going to affix:

Ares soul
Shoot4
Stamina4
Spirita4
Apprezina Rev

Which should be pretty cheap. Thanks.

pro tip:
Replace that Spirita 4 with Arks fever.

Tyreek
Jul 31, 2018, 08:40 AM
How do you get the Sentence series affixes; Alter/Tiro/Magia/Triple?

Kondibon
Jul 31, 2018, 09:07 AM
How do you get the Sentence series affixes; Alter/Tiro/Magia/Triple?They're all ability factors. There's a list of the weapons with them here. https://pso2.arks-visiphone.com/wiki/Ability_Factors

Loveless62
Jul 31, 2018, 09:56 AM
pro tip:
Replace that Spirita 4 with Arks fever.
@Will_2_Power:
This is a good tip, as it will add more stats as well as make the affixing formula simpler.

However, the point was to be cheap, and I suspect Arks Fever on units is not cheap. I currently cannot check the prices for you though.

If it is too expensive for you, it may be worth it to wait a couple days, since PSO2 day (Aug. 2) is soon. More units with Arks Fever will be added to the market, and prices should come down.

Will_2_Power
Jul 31, 2018, 02:49 PM
^Yeah, that's great guys, about repleasing spirita4 with Arks Fever.

Luckily, I went to sleep (too tired) and haven't affixed my unit set yet.

And about the price of Arks Fever, it's about 2-3 mill per piece so I'll just be patient and wait until PSO2 day (which is literally like a day away) to see if prices come down a little bit.

Then I'll just do as you guys suggested:

Ares Soul
Shoot4
Stamina4
Apprezina Reverie
Arks Fever

The affixing process is a little more expensive by a few mill than the basic of basics affixes but I think that's fine; I'm probably not going to re-affix for higher stats for Gunner anytime soon anyway.

I really appreciate the help guys, thanks a lot.

Sesheenku
Jul 31, 2018, 07:58 PM
What's the minimum expected level of power for lv 75 content these days? Since I just came back my gear is severely outdated.

For example my Gu/Ra still has Blitz Fender TMG's but they're +10 and I've affixed +115 R-atk, I did get that Aura daizuth 13* or whatever but their affix obviously sucks worse and I can't grind them now that the CF is expired.

My units are still Saiki and I've only got 70 S,R, and T atk on them. I affixed them like that since this character has all classes, it would have costed a ridiculous amount of money to specialize further and I really like being able to play whatever class I want serviceably.

My Fi/Hu still uses Invade 13* Dsaber, though I know you can buy 13 stars, sometimes with pretty decent starting affixes now on the market, any suggestions for a stopgap while I work toward something more solid?

I have the 13* knuckles you get from the thunder dog, and I haven't checked since I've been leveling Fo but I probably need 13* daggers so a suggestion for those would be nice as well.

ArcaneTechs
Jul 31, 2018, 08:13 PM
@Will_2_Power:
This is a good tip, as it will add more stats as well as make the affixing formula simpler.

However, the point was to be cheap, and I suspect Arks Fever on units is not cheap. I currently cannot check the prices for you though.

If it is too expensive for you, it may be worth it to wait a couple days, since PSO2 day (Aug. 2) is soon. More units with Arks Fever will be added to the market, and prices should come down.
you're suppose to buy arks fever at low affix level slots and upslot from there since its treated as Lv1 junk affix rates and is fairly easy to upslot on to everything, you dont buy at high upslots unless you wanna waste money and well being lazy (you need 3x arks fever for arks max)

What's the minimum expected level of power for lv 75 content these days? Since I just came back my gear is severely outdated.

For example my Gu/Ra still has Blitz Fender TMG's but they're +10 and I've affixed +115 R-atk, I did get that Aura daizuth 13* or whatever but their affix obviously sucks worse and I can't grind them now that the CF is expired.
GU/FI is meta, GU/HU isnt bad either. Every new player can get a readily available 14* Atra series weapon by grinding a Val series weapon to +35 and converting it into Atra with its requested materials. If you plan to get Lifesteal, grab the 14* GS first, affix the S4 on it then go convert it into w/e you want since it will retain the Healing s4 unless you screw up and forget to add during a later affix process

My units are still Saiki and I've only got 70 S,R, and T atk on them. I affixed them like that since this character has all classes, it would have costed a ridiculous amount of money to specialize further and I really like being able to play whatever class I want serviceably.
whether it costs ridiculous meseta or not to have good gear doesnt mean you need to have the most badass affixs. theyre are still builds for all rounded atk units but of course it's always going to be better to specialize in each area. It's cheap to do all rounded now a days but dont expect like huge boost either, something 100-120 with the right affixes

My Fi/Hu still uses Invade 13* Dsaber, though I know you can buy 13 stars, sometimes with pretty decent starting affixes now on the market, any suggestions for a stopgap while I work toward something more solid?
Invade DS (series) was never good because of it's variance and crit pot defnitely didnt help it. The current LQ is going away after next maint so you can farm for a Shien DS if you like but the pot is very fickle when off element so if you're needing gear its not a bad place to start. Alternatively get a group of friends or team mates and farm for Invade NT's weapons in the 4 man version of the last XQ that came out since Invade NT isn't trade like the OT version was.

I have the 13* knuckles you get from the thunder dog, and I haven't checked since I've been leveling Fo but I probably need 13* daggers so a suggestion for those would be nice as well.
Invade NT or Shien

we're going to be getting a 150% RDR (or more?) from the event reward panels so people will be farming Enchanted Forest again which will be your best bet to farm Jutus weapons to convert into Lumiere series which is whats considered #1 or #2 14* atm since those will get buffed down the line so it's better get Lumiere if you can (since Jutus weapons are drop only) and stick to those

MightyHarken
Jul 31, 2018, 11:56 PM
How do I stop my team managers from changing the team name, without taking their managership?

Anduril
Aug 1, 2018, 12:17 AM
How do I stop my team managers from changing the team name, without taking their managership?
Revoking their manager status is the only surefire way, though you may just want to have a conversation with them before doing so. Also, keep in mind that the Team name can only be changed once every 7 days, so you could in theory just make the change yourself before they get a chance each week; it's not an elegant solution, but if you don't want to revoke their manager status, it might be your only choice.

Dark Mits
Aug 1, 2018, 12:25 AM
How do I stop my team managers from changing the team name, without taking their managership?It will sound cynical, but the best way is to have people you can trust as Managers. If people "abuse" their power to do stuff you do not support, you will need to demote them.

MightyHarken
Aug 1, 2018, 12:41 AM
Revoking their manager status is the only surefire way, though you may just want to have a conversation with them before doing so. Also, keep in mind that the Team name can only be changed once every 7 days, so you could in theory just make the change yourself before they get a chance each week; it's not an elegant solution, but if you don't want to revoke their manager status, it might be your only choice.

Thanks for the answer. That really sucks. Honestly, team name changing sounds like it should be only possible by the team master, but ok. Sega logic, I guess.

XrosBlader821
Aug 1, 2018, 03:20 AM

Gu/Ra stopped being viable long time ago.
There is a Ring for TMG that boosts your damage if you have a Stance skill active and the damage multipliers on Ra force you to hit weakpoints and stand still which is not always possible. That and the fact that some TMG PA are striking type, which receive no bonus from Ra. Like Kril said, Gu/Fi is Meta and Gu/Hu is weaker but has a more stable DPS + survivability.

Loveless62
Aug 1, 2018, 06:33 AM
you're suppose to buy arks fever at low affix level slots and upslot from there since its treated as Lv1 junk affix rates and is fairly easy to upslot on to everything, you dont buy at high upslots unless you wanna waste money and well being lazy (you need 3x arks fever for arks max)
You're ignoring some details.

Upslotting isn't free. It costs ability success rate boosters, fodders, and Dudu fees. Now the cost of fodders and Dudu fees may be modest, but the ability boosters are not.

Ability Success Rate +30% costs 20 cubes, which could have been converted into 240,000 meseta.
Ability Success Rate +40% costs 100 cubes, which could have been converted into 1,200,000 meseta.

Upslotting from 2s -> 3s and 3s -> 4s each requires an Ability +30% for a 100% rate. Upslotting from 4s -> 5s requires an Ability +40% for a 100% rate.

Currently, the cheapest 4s unit with Arks Fever costs 787,500. The cheapest 5s unit with Arks Fever costs 1,900,500. Do you think the difference in price is a coincidence?

Now the cheapest 3s is 316,500 (and 1s and 2s are barely cheaper). Starting from there could get you a 5s unit for a discount considering converted costs (around 1.8mil+). However, it may be justified to go ahead and buy at 5s just to avoid the hassle.

Now, if you have an excess of cubes or ability boosters that you are dying to get out of your storage, then upslotting is justified. Otherwise, I don't think it's worth it.

Sesheenku
Aug 1, 2018, 07:47 AM
GU/FI is meta, GU/HU isnt bad either. Every new player can get a readily available 14* Atra series weapon by grinding a Val series weapon to +35 and converting it into Atra with its requested materials. If you plan to get Lifesteal, grab the 14* GS first, affix the S4 on it then go convert it into w/e you want since it will retain the Healing s4 unless you screw up and forget to add during a later affix process

Thank you ^_^ Gu/Fi should be doable, I have two Fi trees and I've seen a ton of those Val weapons on the shop. I bought them for my force and they're so cheap. Only 540-800k for some that already have 85 or so atk already affixed to them and what not.

whether it costs ridiculous meseta or not to have good gear doesnt mean you need to have the most badass affixs. theyre are still builds for all rounded atk units but of course it's always going to be better to specialize in each area. It's cheap to do all rounded now a days but dont expect like huge boost either, something 100-120 with the right affixes

I'm perfectly fine with that level of affixes on my units. My weapons are the only thing I intend to make go above that.

Invade DS (series) was never good because of it's variance and crit pot defnitely didnt help it. The current LQ is going away after next maint so you can farm for a Shien DS if you like but the pot is very fickle when off element so if you're needing gear its not a bad place to start. Alternatively get a group of friends or team mates and farm for Invade NT's weapons in the 4 man version of the last XQ that came out since Invade NT isn't trade like the OT version was.

Yeah I know it was always a lame weapon. Invade-NT huh? Okay.

Invade NT or Shien

we're going to be getting a 150% RDR (or more?) from the event reward panels so people will be farming Enchanted Forest again which will be your best bet to farm Jutus weapons to convert into Lumiere series which is whats considered #1 or #2 14* atm since those will get buffed down the line so it's better get Lumiere if you can (since Jutus weapons are drop only) and stick to those

That sounds fun! I'll definitely put leveling Fo on hold then and pop on my Gu and Fi to try my hand at that.

Gu/Ra stopped being viable long time ago.
There is a Ring for TMG that boosts your damage if you have a Stance skill active and the damage multipliers on Ra force you to hit weakpoints and stand still which is not always possible. That and the fact that some TMG PA are striking type, which receive no bonus from Ra. Like Kril said, Gu/Fi is Meta and Gu/Hu is weaker but has a more stable DPS + survivability.

Hm does that mean I should have affixed my TMG's for S-atk more? They have 85 s-atk affixed but 115 r-atk. I need to replace them, should I affix TMG's for S-atk or R-atk?

I'll go Gu/Fi I enjoy Fi weapons much more.

Jene-chan
Aug 1, 2018, 08:19 AM
Hm does that mean I should have affixed my TMG's for S-atk more? They have 85 s-atk affixed but 115 r-atk. I need to replace them, should I affix TMG's for S-atk or R-atk?

Even though some TMG PAs have Striking portions to them, you still want to go for R-Atk -- don't gear for S-Atk at all on Gu.

Also, it seems like you're settled on Gu being your main, but I would only suggest going for GuFi if you're going to invest into Atra TMG with S4 Life Steal from Gunslash. If Gu isn't your main or you only play it sometimes and you have a TMG other than Atra or perhaps Fornis, GuHu is the way to go since you basically don't have any survivability on GuFi outside of Life Steal (No Automate, No Iron Will, No Flash Guard).

Also, just to clarify, GuFi is a /significant/ DPS increase from GuHu. Considering the higher multiplier and the fact that S. Roll Arts is affected by more of Fi's multipliers, GuFi is the way to go if you have Atra. I just figured I'd clarify since GuHu, while still relevant, doesn't stack up to GuFi at all really.

Also, you won't ever be using Fi weapons on Gu. If Gu is your main, you'll probably want to invest in a Spread Needle for situational use and that's about it.

XrosBlader821
Aug 1, 2018, 08:20 AM

You may have confused a thing or two.
Striking damage doesn't mean S-ATK scaling. There are 3 Damage types, Striking, Shooting and Tech Damage. All 3 of these can scale with any of the attack stats. S-ATK, R-ATK and T-ATK. Gunner PA all scale with R-ATK but some of them deal Striking damage.

And you don't play Gu/Fi for the Fighter weapons. You play Gu/Fi because Fighter has the best Damage multipliers that fit Gunners fighting style perfectly.

Sesheenku
Aug 1, 2018, 03:16 PM
Even though some TMG PAs have Striking portions to them, you still want to go for R-Atk -- don't gear for S-Atk at all on Gu.

Also, it seems like you're settled on Gu being your main, but I would only suggest going for GuFi if you're going to invest into Atra TMG with S4 Life Steal from Gunslash. If Gu isn't your main or you only play it sometimes and you have a TMG other than Atra or perhaps Fornis, GuHu is the way to go since you basically don't have any survivability on GuFi outside of Life Steal (No Automate, No Iron Will, No Flash Guard).

Also, just to clarify, GuFi is a /significant/ DPS increase from GuHu. Considering the higher multiplier and the fact that S. Roll Arts is affected by more of Fi's multipliers, GuFi is the way to go if you have Atra. I just figured I'd clarify since GuHu, while still relevant, doesn't stack up to GuFi at all really.

Also, you won't ever be using Fi weapons on Gu. If Gu is your main, you'll probably want to invest in a Spread Needle for situational use and that's about it.

Tbh I haven't decided on a main. Back when Fi/Gu/Te came out I really loved Fi but I also came to love Gu and Bo as well. I'm four levels away on Fo now from being able to try Hero.

I like variety and being adaptable but at the same time it's kind of expensive on one character to gear them up for everything. Once I play Hero for a bit I'm going to make a final decision on what class I want to hit 85 with first. I don't wanna make a rash decision and then end up in the usual pitfall where I get bored of what I'm playing or just downright curious about a different class and have more fun doing that than endgame content, which is why my gear is so sub-par. Someone who's been around as long as I have should have at least 175 atk affixes on one class but that's not the case.

You may have confused a thing or two.
Striking damage doesn't mean S-ATK scaling. There are 3 Damage types, Striking, Shooting and Tech Damage. All 3 of these can scale with any of the attack stats. S-ATK, R-ATK and T-ATK. Gunner PA all scale with R-ATK but some of them deal Striking damage.

And you don't play Gu/Fi for the Fighter weapons. You play Gu/Fi because Fighter has the best Damage multipliers that fit Gunners fighting style perfectly.

I see. I did know that the Fi sub was for the damage boosts. Thanks. ^_^

Jene-chan
Aug 1, 2018, 03:45 PM
Once I play Hero for a bit I'm going to make a final decision on what class I want to hit 85 with first. I don't wanna make a rash decision and then end up in the usual pitfall where I get bored of what I'm playing or just downright curious about a different class and have more fun doing that than endgame content, which is why my gear is so sub-par. Someone who's been around as long as I have should have at least 175 atk affixes on one class but that's not the case.

Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. It sounds like you've been gone for awhile judging by gear alone (Blitz Fenders and Saikis were a long time ago...) and a lot has changed in the past 9 months. Thankfully, all classes are viable and strong with Gunner and Fighter being acknowledged by the devs themselves as being at the front of the pack which is good since those are classes you enjoyed previously.

rashoood
Aug 2, 2018, 08:21 AM
I've been away from the game for some time and the expert matching requirements have changed. Can someone tell me the new requirements?

Jene-chan
Aug 2, 2018, 08:27 AM
I've been away from the game for some time and the expert matching requirements have changed. Can someone tell me the new requirements?

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-expert-requirement-changes/

Saffran
Aug 2, 2018, 10:57 AM
What is the best way to use the ac tickets? Every day something else or wait until the new rotation?

echofaith
Aug 2, 2018, 11:01 AM
I dont think they expire, so many are waiting for an affix week scratch to spend the tickets there.

moorebounce
Aug 2, 2018, 05:56 PM
Is the Hero class stuck at level 80? I have all the prerequisites like the other classes but the client order isn't popping up

XrosBlader821
Aug 2, 2018, 06:15 PM
Is the Hero class stuck at level 80? I have all the prerequisites like the other classes but the client order isn't popping up

yes. Hero will go straight to 90 in december.

Saryn_storm
Aug 2, 2018, 06:27 PM
A couple questions.

Is the affix boost week 33rd or 34th week?

Has there been any hint of Lumiere series getting a buff or an upgrade at any point? I made (yes, made) the Jet Boots and needless to say, the base atk on them is underwhelming to say the least. Look at Atra and Zirenheit, both much easier to get and higher base stats. I love Jet Boots but this is one of those "what the hell where they thinking" kind of things.

Anduril
Aug 2, 2018, 07:01 PM
A couple questions.

Is the affix boost week 33rd or 34th week?

Has there been any hint of Lumiere series getting a buff or an upgrade at any point? I made (yes, made) the Jet Boots and needless to say, the base atk on them is underwhelming to say the least. Look at Atra and Zirenheit, both much easier to get and higher base stats. I love Jet Boots but this is one of those "what the hell where they thinking" kind of things.

The Affix Boost week starts after maintenance on August 22nd JST, (http://bit.ly/2vx3ujv) and lasts until maintenance on August 29th JST. (http://bit.ly/2AB3c0N) (So I guess it is from the middle of the 34th week through the middle of the 35th week)
They have mentioned an upgrade/update to the Lumiere series at some point, but there have been no details.

the_importer_
Aug 2, 2018, 10:00 PM
Deband Drink EX Vs Guts Drink EX, which one is better to keep a Fo/Te from dying from "a 1 hit kill" (Solo PD for example)?

Velmoria
Aug 2, 2018, 10:34 PM
Deband Drink EX Vs Guts Drink EX, which one is better to keep a Fo/Te from dying from "a 1 hit kill" (Solo PD for example)?

Depends on your stats.
- If have high defense like above 2k & resist (which unlikely for Fo/Te), then go for Deband drink.
- If have good HP like around 1200+ then HP drink is better as it increase HP by 20% for Large effect (iirc).

Otherwise, learn to dodge with or without Short Mirage ring and Tech Charge Parry ring or Nabarta-0.
That just my personal opinion, at least what I will do.

edit:
Certainly not for something like Loser's time stop when getting hit by 5k~6k damage.

Dark Mits
Aug 3, 2018, 12:58 AM
Deband Drink has chance to give you RDR boost
Guts Drink has chance to increase number of Untekked items.

Guts is "generally" better because it works multiplicatively with both the extra HP from a TE's Deband, and with Jerky too.

XrosBlader821
Aug 3, 2018, 03:54 AM
Certainly not for something like Loser's time stop when getting hit by 5k~6k damage.
Funily enough you can short mirage through Losers time stop if you time them perfectly. But yeah my advice would certainly to add a little HP on your affixes for now and then Guts drink. Sega is aware that Fo players think Fo are too squishy so maybe they'll release a new skill to counter that or up base stats on Fo and Te to be more like Ra and Gu.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 3, 2018, 03:58 AM
Funily enough you can short mirage through Losers time stop if you time them perfectly. But yeah my advice would certainly to add a little HP on your affixes for now and then Guts drink. Sega is aware that Fo players think Fo are too squishy so maybe they'll release a new skill to counter that or up base stats on Fo and Te to be more like Ra and Gu.
FO is fine, just get good

Jene-chan
Aug 3, 2018, 04:16 AM
It's super easy to Short Mirage through Loser time stop, but in general FO packing a bit more HP on affixes isn't a bad idea. Also the difference between FO playstyle and Ra or Gu isn't raw stats and more that Gu doesn't have to operate in the kill zone (on the ground) and Ra has DRA + Parallel Slider to invul through things they need to and Atra Rifle with it's S4 means they can just tank most hits and more or less not care.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 3, 2018, 07:17 AM
It's super easy to Short Mirage through Loser time stop, but in general FO packing a bit more HP on affixes isn't a bad idea. Also the difference between FO playstyle and Ra/Gu isn't raw stats and more that Gu doesn't have to operate in the kill zone (on the ground) and Ra has DRA + Parallel Slider to invul through things they need to and Atra Rifle with it's S4 means they can just tank most hits and more or less not care.

Ra/Gu? for what purpose? no point in Gu/Ra now a days

Jene-chan
Aug 3, 2018, 07:22 AM
Ra/Gu? for what purpose? no point in Gu/Ra now a days

It was intended as "Ra and Gu" not literally "Ra with Gu subclass".

moorebounce
Aug 3, 2018, 07:50 AM
I was trying to sell an outfit but it said I was trying to sell them with unclaimed star gems. How do I claim them?

Velmoria
Aug 3, 2018, 09:44 AM
I was trying to sell an outfit but it said I was trying to sell them with unclaimed star gems. How do I claim them?

open inventory > click that outift > take a look of that drop down menu, there should be "Obtain Star Gem" option

edit:
but make sure the Star Gem "bar" maxed, which can be filled by getting exp while wearing that outfit.

Anduril
Aug 3, 2018, 10:25 AM
edit:
but make sure the Star Gem "bar" maxed, which can be filled by getting exp while wearing that outfit.

The SG bar fills automatically based on the amount of time it has been equipped (even if logged off); specifically, it takes 24 hours for the bar to fill completely.

Velmoria
Aug 3, 2018, 10:28 AM
The SG bar fills automatically based on the amount of time it has been equipped (even if logged off); specifically, it takes 24 hours for the bar to fill completely.

I see, thanks for correction.

the_importer_
Aug 3, 2018, 10:37 AM
Depends on your stats.
- If have high defense like above 2k & resist (which unlikely for Fo/Te), then go for Deband drink.
- If have good HP like around 1200+ then HP drink is better as it increase HP by 20% for Large effect (iirc).

Otherwise, learn to dodge with or without Short Mirage ring and Tech Charge Parry ring or Nabarta-0.
That just my personal opinion, at least what I will do.

edit:

S-DEF: 1551
HP: 989

So, Deband Drink EX?

NightlightPro
Aug 3, 2018, 11:09 AM
what's the best tact besides rykros?

Velmoria
Aug 3, 2018, 11:25 AM
S-DEF: 1551
HP: 989

So, Deband Drink EX?

Get Guts and hope you have little HP left when getting hit by strong attack and learn to use Short Mirage Step & Tech Charge Parry ring.
Normal Mirage Step has some delay at end animation which dangerous when dealing with follow up attack. But if you can use macro to switch between Normal & Short Mirage Step, that would be better.

My Ra/Hu has 1600 T-Def, 42% T-resist & 16% Fire resist
Dragon rematch fire ball hit me like 650~700 damage

For your case, neither Deband or Gust would help you much. But Guts would be better in your situation added with Jerky.

the_importer_
Aug 3, 2018, 01:57 PM
Get Guts and hope you have little HP left when getting hit by strong attack and learn to use Short Mirage Step & Tech Charge Parry ring.
Normal Mirage Step has some delay at end animation which dangerous when dealing with follow up attack. But if you can use macro to switch between Normal & Short Mirage Step, that would be better.

My Ra/Hu has 1600 T-Def, 42% T-resist & 16% Fire resist
Dragon rematch fire ball hit me like 650~700 damage

For your case, neither Deband or Gust would help you much. But Guts would be better in your situation added with Jerky.

Considering that PD's 2nd form managed to kill me with one hit when using Guts Drink EX, guessing you're right. Oh well, guess I'll just have to play until Murphy's law decides to stop fucking with me.

Moffen
Aug 3, 2018, 02:25 PM
Considering that PD's 2nd form managed to kill me with one hit when using Guts Drink EX, guessing you're right. Oh well, guess I'll just have to play until Murphy's law decides to stop fucking with me.

do you remember what attack specifically it was that killed you?