PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

manthisis
May 19, 2014, 07:44 PM
How can I purchase premium for this game in the US? or alternatively, is there any way for me to purchase 10 stars off the player shop without premium? i'll need to buy a 10+ star and 10+ grind weapon later on.

also, where can i actually do AQs? where can i unlock them?

Sizustar
May 19, 2014, 07:53 PM
How can I purchase premium for this game in the US? or alternatively, is there any way for me to purchase 10 stars off the player shop without premium? i'll need to buy a 10+ star and 10+ grind weapon later on.

also, where can i actually do AQs? where can i unlock them?

Two method to get AC to buy Premium.

1. Buy webmoney from third party, and input that through the Sega pso2.jp website
2. Buy AC through Google play through PSO2es

There is no way to purchase 10* without premium pass.
To get Premium pass, you need a 10* weapon or Unit(Easy to get in the current EQ)
And Premium to trade in Premium pass for said type item.

manthisis
May 19, 2014, 08:09 PM
Two method to get AC to buy Premium.

1. Buy webmoney from third party, and input that through the Sega pso2.jp website
2. Buy AC through Google play through PSO2es

There is no way to purchase 10* without premium pass.
To get Premium pass, you need a 10* weapon or Unit(Easy to get in the current EQ)
And Premium to trade in Premium pass for said type item.

oh, i didn't know premium was something you bought in game like with AC.

how much AC does it cost and how do you buy it in game?

GHNeko
May 19, 2014, 08:37 PM
100AC = 100YEN = Roughly 1$

3000 AC = 3000 YEN without Tax. With Tax, it was 3180 YEN. Which was 31.18$ USD.

noobishcholo
May 19, 2014, 09:21 PM
So, I'm still fairly new to this game and just had a quick question on the structure of purchasing premium.

I understand that the only benefits it comes with are the ability to trade, premium blocks, player shops, and a room. However, at what level or point in the game is it worth it to get premium?

Thanks!

Sizustar
May 19, 2014, 09:28 PM
So, I'm still fairly new to this game and just had a quick question on the structure of purchasing premium.

I understand that the only benefits it comes with are the ability to trade, premium blocks, player shops, and a room. However, at what level or point in the game is it worth it to get premium?

Thanks!

You also get more slots for taking quests, and get 3 more for crafting, useful for daily craft that give tech PA stuff that can sell for 10k each.

Pugas87
May 19, 2014, 09:38 PM
oh, i didn't know premium was something you bought in game like with AC.

how much AC does it cost and how do you buy it in game?

Go to ac shop from menu, above scratch. Last I checked premium for 30 days was 1300 AC. Check cirnopedia for Japanese name of the ticket u need to get.

WildarmsRE5
May 19, 2014, 11:16 PM

Thanks!Premium are best used at late gaming. you probably have something to sell, trade for passes at that point.

manthisis
May 19, 2014, 11:55 PM
so what are quest slots and what are they for? how do i do AQs and XQs?

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 12:00 AM

Thanks!

Mid to End game is my personal answer. I'm not quite end game yet, but I'm making a lot of use out of premium.

I feel you can make a lot of use out of premium early game, but that requires more of an investment past simply getting premium.

Like take me for example. I bought an extra support partner for 300AC. Now my Fetch Quest COs get done pretty much twice as fast, unless both supports fail on a fetch quest CO (normally boss ones).

As such, I get the EXP and Meseta from those COs faster AND I usually end up with a ton of spare items. These spares I throw up in my shop and within a few hours to 2 days, most of them have been sold.

Another example. With your increased CO limit, this means you'll be more likely to pick up more and more CO items. So spending AC to increase inventory limit would help finish COs faster as you'll be able to hold more unique items.

You get the idea.

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 01:11 AM
so what are quest slots and what are they for?

Elaborate?

how do i do AQs

Stay with each other while going around the map to kill everything, search every nook, cranny, and dead-end.

XQs?

Each XQ session consists of 5 stages, each stage has their own clear requirements. Fulfill these requirements to the best of your ability and advance.

Otokonokotron
May 20, 2014, 01:26 AM
not really a question.... but i was just doin stage 16 of forest/dragons where u gotta fight a chrome dragon and a dark ragne together. i was like, o noes, but then the chrome dragon did the thing when he eats all nearby darkers, and he ate the dark ragne. it made me giggle hehehhe

NexusAZ
May 20, 2014, 01:38 AM
not really a question.... but i was just doin stage 16 of forest/dragons where u gotta fight a chrome dragon and a dark ragne together. i was like, o noes, but then the chrome dragon did the thing when he eats all nearby darkers, and he ate the dark ragne. it made me giggle hehehhe

Yeah, that happened with Zesh before in one of my runs. Chrome has quite the appetite.

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 01:40 AM
Each XQ session consists of 5 stages, each stage has their own clear requirements. Fulfill these requirements to the best of your ability and advance.

So XQ = Challenge Mode without the level reset? Kinda?

darkies
May 20, 2014, 01:49 AM
Hello just passing by and i have a quick question
i'm a br/hu lvl 44 and i plan to use only bow, i am soon gonna get 100 loser stone however there is no bow to trade them for and i wonder if there is something else worth getting or doing instead ? Like using loser weapon for trading, selling or whatever you can do with them, Thanks !

ps : my current bow is lambda tigrebow +10 (575 ratk)

WildarmsRE5
May 20, 2014, 03:07 AM
i'm a br/hu lvl 44 and i plan to use only bow, i am soon gonna get 100 loser stone however there is no bow to trade them for and i wonder if there is something else worth getting or doing instead ? Like using loser weapon for trading, selling or whatever you can do with them, Thanks !

ps : my current bow is lambda tigrebow +10 (575 ratk)you could go get the katana.

If you're going Bow, atleast have Ra sub to be atleast somewhat useful to your party members.

Br/Hu is Katana/Hybrid Bravers. in which almost nobody uses bows except those who have the money to fund the units and weapons needed to be viable in mobbing.

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 03:20 AM

ps : my current bow is lambda tigrebow +10 (575 ratk)

Save up in the event they do come out with more stone weapons or buy the all-class Partizan, good for clearing trash mobs and/or travel.

icewindz
May 20, 2014, 04:02 AM
What is the different between Photon Blast P, I, and N? and which one is the best?

Rakurai
May 20, 2014, 04:20 AM
There are five different Photon Blast types with three different attacks for each (Which is what the letters denote).

Which one is best is dependent on what class you're using, save for Ketos Proi, which is universally useful (Due to it increasing PP regen instead of attacking).

icewindz
May 20, 2014, 04:29 AM
There are five different Photon Blast types with three different attacks for each (Which is what the letters denote).

Which one is best is dependent on what class you're using, save for Ketos Proi, which is universally useful (Due to it increasing PP regen instead of attacking).

I'm a gunner and my mag is ajax

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 05:44 AM
I'm a gunner and my mag is ajax

Ajax P (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2SbdUpCrs#t=44s) - Attacks with a bombardment of explosive bullets, annihilating anything in front of it.

Ajax I (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2SbdUpCrs#t=52s) - Fires off a photon Maser from its head, descending on targets like hail.

Ajax N (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2SbdUpCrs#t=64s) - Scatters phoenix wings each with their own will, turning into bullets piercing their target.

I prefer the Photon Shop one, ケートス・プロイ aka Ketos Proi, as it restores PP. But that is my preference, if you want more damage, any of the R-ATK base for your Gunner might tickle your fancy. More can be read here (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/mag_2.php#nav).

icewindz
May 20, 2014, 06:23 AM
Ajax P (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2SbdUpCrs#t=44s) - Attacks with a bombardment of explosive bullets, annihilating anything in front of it.

Ajax I (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2SbdUpCrs#t=52s) - Fires off a photon Maser from its head, descending on targets like hail.

Ajax N (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us2SbdUpCrs#t=64s) - Scatters phoenix wings each with their own will, turning into bullets piercing their target.

I prefer the Photon Shop one, ケートス・プロイ aka Ketos Proi, as it restores PP. But that is my preference, if you want more damage, any of the R-ATK base for your Gunner might tickle your fancy. More can be read here (http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/mag_2.php#nav).

thank you.

btw, how is julius nifta after nerfed? i heard it was op.

darkies
May 20, 2014, 06:47 AM
Save up in the event they do come out with more stone weapons or buy the all-class Partizan, good for clearing trash mobs and/or travel.

Thanks i guess i'l just get the partizan then since i just dropped slide end lv 15

Kantalope
May 20, 2014, 08:41 AM
Elder souls are so expensive now ;_; I'm trying to elder/tech3/spirita3 some units, but want to make sure I'm doing it right to avoid unnecessary expense. I have my units x/x/x now. Best course of action now is to brute force elder/x/x, and brute force fodders with elder/tech/x and elder/spirita/x, then combine all with a 20% booster for guaranteed? Or is there a better way, since elder souls are like 100k per 3s right now?

Dragonpie852
May 20, 2014, 02:06 PM
If someone buys a character and would want to remake it is that possible like it is with the free chars? Also what happens to the friendslist or team a player is in if they change ships?

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 02:50 PM
Dunno about remaking characters, but friends/teams are on a per-ship basis. I have a character on ship 2 that I mostly play on and is teamless, and a character on ship 10 that is on a team with some friends. They have separate friends lists and the ship 10 char has access to team ship and can see team menu, while the ship 2 char can't.

supersai8
May 20, 2014, 03:34 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering what Rod/Talis I should get as a FO/TE for the Ice element?

Pugas87
May 20, 2014, 03:53 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I was wondering what Rod/Talis I should get as a FO/TE for the Ice element?

It depends. But you should definitely get ice element on it for element conversion.

Rods: You could get チェイドラーケン which has a latent boosting damage 20% (at lvl 3) against oceanoids (which are of course weak to ice).

Rods/talis: Anything with dragon hunter for your cave dragons (also weak to ice).
Anything with oceanoid hunter (see above).

Wand (you can craft it to allow force to use, if it already doesn't): Mace of adaman boosts ice techs as a latent... Elysion is awesome +100% boost to uncharged techs. Get that one.

JaysonL
May 20, 2014, 04:05 PM
What are the benefits of playing in a party instead of soloing? (Mainly to do with EQ)

I believe there is a slight exp boost, wondering if there is anything else.

icewindz
May 20, 2014, 04:11 PM
What are the benefits of playing in a party instead of soloing? (Mainly to do with EQ)

I believe there is a slight exp boost, wondering if there is anything else.

2 ppl *1.1
3 ppl *1.15
4 ppl *1.2

if im correct

edited: just see i didnt answer your question l0l sorry

supersai8
May 20, 2014, 04:22 PM
It depends. But you should definitely get ice element on it for element conversion.

Rods: You could get チェイドラーケン which has a latent boosting damage 20% (at lvl 3) against oceanoids (which are of course weak to ice).

Rods/talis: Anything with dragon hunter for your cave dragons (also weak to ice).
Anything with oceanoid hunter (see above).

Wand (you can craft it to allow force to use, if it already doesn't): Mace of adaman boosts ice techs as a latent... Elysion is awesome +100% boost to uncharged techs. Get that one.

I hadn't thought of using those Enemy Hunter latents, thanks for the suggestions!
Also, one more question, I notice that the Bio Rod has ice on it (although the Talis version doesn't, but I could convert it) with the JA latent, are they better than the ones suggested in your post?

GoldenFalcon
May 20, 2014, 04:32 PM
Yes, a latent that is good against everything would be more ideal

If you only use ice, you wouldn't want to be stuck playing 2 areas

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 04:41 PM
Elder souls are so expensive now ;_; I'm trying to elder/tech3/spirita3 some units, but want to make sure I'm doing it right to avoid unnecessary expense. I have my units x/x/x now. Best course of action now is to brute force elder/x/x, and brute force fodders with elder/tech/x and elder/spirita/x, then combine all with a 20% booster for guaranteed? Or is there a better way, since elder souls are like 100k per 3s right now?

There is no better way due to the fact that the Dark Falz Elder EQ is now rare and is the only soul that boosted both Spirita AND Technique. However, the alternative is to use another T-ATK soul and brute force 2 Spirita fodders instead of one, this will give you 80% across the board.
[Soul] + [Spirita] + [trash]
[Soul] + [Technique] + [trash]

That or farm Easter EQ, Darker Den EQ, or pray some random EC in some normal everyday mission gives you the Arms.

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 06:30 PM
There is no better way due to the fact that the Dark Falz Elder EQ is now rare and is the only soul that boosted both Spirita AND Technique. However, the alternative is to use another T-ATK soul and brute force 2 Spirita fodders instead of one, this will give you 80% across the board.

That or farm Easter EQ, Darker Den EQ, or pray some random EC in some normal everyday mission gives you the Arms.

Elder boosts Spirita's success rate now yeah?

So basically it's:

Soul / Tech 3 / x
Soul / Spirita 3 / x
Soul / x / x

plus a 20% ability booster and you're set.

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 06:45 PM
Elder boosts Spirita's success rate now yeah?

So basically it's:

Soul / Tech 3 / x
Soul / Spirita 3 / x
Soul / x / x

plus a 20% ability booster and you're set.

He asked for an alternative. Since he is reluctant on buying Elder Souls, he has to buy another T-ATK soul and add an extra Spirita on one of his fodders for it to be 80%.

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 06:49 PM
He asked for an alternative. Since he is reluctant on buying Elder Souls, he has to buy another T-ATK soul and add an extra Spirita on one of his fodders for it to be 80%.

What are you talking about?

In your post,

That will give a 80%/100%/80%, the 100% being Spirita 3.

Given the way you're talking, it should be:

Soul / x / x
Soul / Tech 3 / Spirita 3
x / Tech 3 / Spirita 3

But then Soul will sit at 50%.

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 07:21 PM

In your post,

Soul / x / x
x / Tech 3 / Spirita 3

We both know that reading is not your strongest suit.

3 souls = 80%.
2 Spirita IIIs = 80%*
1 Stat III = 80.

1 Spirita III with Elder Soul would be 80%, if not then it's 60.

In the original post, he wants 100%. If that's not guaranteed, then my knowledge of the English language isn't as extensive as I thought it was.

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 07:27 PM
We both know that reading is not your strongest suit.

3 souls = 80%.
2 Spirita IIIs = 80%*
1 Stat III = 80.

1 Spirita III with Elder Soul would be 80%, if not then it's 60.

In the original post, he wants 100%. If that's not guaranteed, then my knowledge of the English language isn't as extensive as I thought it was.

Sorry, but in this case you're contradicting yourself.

I did say, and you also did say that Elder Soul boost Spirita success rate now.

Tech 3 with 3 souls sits at 80% chance.

The same applies to Spirita 3.

Why are you contradicting yourself like that? It's unsightly.

EDIT: Ah scratch it:

http://puu.sh/8UzBC.jpg

I don't know how batshit insane did they go with the Spirita success boost on Elder Soul but only 2 Souls already brought one Spirita 3 up to 80%.

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 07:35 PM
Sorry, but in this case you're contradicting yourself.

I did say, and you also did say that Elder Soul boost Spirita success rate now.There is no contradiction. The person I responded to doesn't want to use Elder Souls, which is absolutely the easiest path to get 80%.

Tech 3 with 3 souls sits at 80% chance.

The same applies to Spirita 3.
Incorrect, 1 soul with Tech III is 80%, regardless of soul. Spirita III is only 80% with Elder Soul or 2 Spirita III. The reason you want 3 souls is for the soul itself to be 80%.

Why are you contradicting yourself like that? It's unsightly.

Must be nice living in your world.

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 07:43 PM
Incorrect, 1 soul with Tech III is 80%, regardless of soul. Spirita III is only 80% with Elder Soul or 2 Spirita III. The reason you want 3 souls is for the soul itself to be 80%.

http://puu.sh/8UzYP.jpg

http://puu.sh/8UA7D.jpg

Oooh, I get what you're talking about now. Must be nice living in your little world.

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 07:44 PM
Oooh, I get what you're talking about now. Must be nice living in your little world.

Please keep personal grudge posts out of this thread as it is for informative posts only.

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 07:46 PM
Please keep personal grudge posts out of this thread as it is for informative posts only.

Your information is wrong from the start. Mine is much more informative than yours btw.

I don't understand what's being displayed in front of your screen right now.

SolRiver
May 20, 2014, 07:48 PM
Do photon blast damage calculate weapon stats?

infiniteeverlasting
May 20, 2014, 07:50 PM

don't know why, but he does do this a lot, but i just ignore him :-?

i have a quick question: when you get a power boost/other AC affix item, it's a base 100% success rate, but if i had 3 slots and i just wanted to use the power boost to make it 4 slot, would it be affected by the extra slot penalty as well?

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 07:51 PM

i have a quick question: when you get a power boost/other AC affix item, it's a base 100% success rate, but if i had 3 slots and i just wanted to use the power boost to make it 4 slot, would it be affected by the extra slot penalty as well?

You little shit should keep out of this because you don't know jack shit and still jump in.

Like every thread that you're in, ever.

Do photon blast damage calculate weapon stats?

They do, since PB uses your attack to calculate the damage. The damage variance of the weapon (crafted rares vs non-crafted rares) also affects the damage variance of the Photon Blast.

Kantalope
May 20, 2014, 07:54 PM

In your post,

Soul / x / x
x / Tech 3 / Spirita 3

Thanks guys, it seems that going a roundabout way would be just as, if not more expensive in the long run due to brute forcing affixes with 50% ish success rates. I'll just bite the bullet and manage with the elder souls. Probably cost me a few days of TACOs to cover.

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 07:56 PM

Yes.5

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys, it seems that going a roundabout way would be just as, if not more expensive in the long run due to brute forcing affixes with 50% ish success rates. I'll just bite the bullet and manage with the elder souls. Probably cost me a few days of TACOs to cover.

He was correct at the part of Elder Soul boosting both Technique and Spirita. What I don't understand is that he insists that 2 Spirita be put on the fodder, while fact is that only one is needed. So in conclusion, you will want these:

Elder Soul - Technique III - x
Elder Soul - Spirita III - x
Elder Soul - x - x

You will end up at 80%/80%/80%. With a 20% booster, you should end up with all of them at 100%.

Cyber Meteor
May 20, 2014, 08:02 PM
@Kantalope There is also Malluda Soul that boost both Spirita and Technique but it has +20 TATK and SATK and PP+2 instead of TATK+30 and PP+3

infiniteeverlasting
May 20, 2014, 08:08 PM
Yes.5

so is it more costly to get your weapon to 4 slots or to get a +30% affix booster instead?

and for melee, is the resan set better or the uranus set?

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 08:19 PM
Why are you using Quartz Soul as an example for affixing with Spirita III there? It's pretty obvious that his information is in the context of +30 t-atk boosting souls due to the original person asking for stuff that will boost, you know, t-atk. Quartz Soul and Mizer Soul both have the same effect on Spirita III that Elder Soul does but aren't t-atk souls, so your point is with your pictures is... what, exactly?

For Elder soul, you just need Elder/x/x on target, Elder/Spirita III/x on fodder 1, and Elder/Tech III/x on fodder 2, and you'll get 80/80/80. If you replace Elder with Ragne or Wolga soul as cheaper t-atk alternatives, then your base rates will drop to 80/80/60, that 60 being Spirita III. In order to increase that 60 base to 80, you'd need to have Spirita III on another of the items. That's the whole point of Rendezvous' posts - getting a guaranteed Spirita III with a non-Elder t-atk soul.

For the "1 soul with tech III is 80%", he's obviously referring to the 80% success rate of tech III, not the success rate of the soul. I would think that is obvious, but that's the only reason I could possibly imagine for you posting the tech III/elder soul image.

When he suggested 2 fodders with soul and spirita III attached, he also specified that he would use this method only if he was using an alternative to elder soul (ex. ragne or wolg). So there isn't any conflict. I mean... one of the two original questions was basically asking if there was an alternative to Elder Soul because it is so expensive right now.

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 08:21 PM
He was correct at the part of Elder Soul boosting both Technique and Spirita. What I don't understand is that he insists that 2 Spirita be put on the fodder, while fact is that only one is needed. So in conclusion, you will want these:

Elder Soul - Technique III - x
Elder Soul - Spirita III - x
Elder Soul - x - x

You will end up at 80%/80%/80%. With a 20% booster, you should end up with all of them at 100%.

The person you are trying to prove right to was looking for an alternative to using Elder Souls, which your selective reading capabilities failed to notice-yet was explained to you across multiple posts. You weren't wrong, but the context you believe you were right is irrelevant to this discussion.

so is it more costly to get your weapon to 4 slots or to get a +30% affix booster instead?

and for melee, is the resan set better or the uranus set?
I think it's cheaper to 3 slot + 30%.

Any S-ATK set for melee classes works, but I would recommend the Blitz set as you can wear a White Tail for more PP.

Horo The Wise Wolf
May 20, 2014, 08:25 PM
ignore

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 08:26 PM
The person you are trying to prove right to was looking for an alternative to using Elder Souls, which your selective reading capabilities failed to notice-yet was explained to you across multiple posts. You were wrong, but the context you believe you were right is irrelevant to this discussion.

Oh, yeah - I believe in this. I also believe in the part of one Tech 3 with souls that buff it will get it to 80%.

But then what is this:

Soul / Tech 3 / x
Soul / Spirita 3 / x
Soul / x / x

I really don't get it.

Why is that extra Spirita 3 even there?

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 08:29 PM
Oh, yeah - I believe in this. I also believe in the part of one Tech 3 with souls that buff it will get it to 80%.

But then what is this:

I really don't get it.

Why is that extra Spirita 3 even there?

Because the transfer rate for Spirita III WITHOUT Elder Soul is 60%.

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 08:35 PM
Because the transfer rate for Spirita III WITHOUT Elder Soul is 60%.

Uhm.

Yeah.

So what, you mean that the [Soul] that you wrote out is not Elder Soul, but another soul? What kind of fodder are you trying to make here?

I'm sorry I fail so hard at understanding this.

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 08:39 PM
Instead of making a final item with

Elder Soul/Tech III/Spirita III

using Ragne or Wolg Soul as an alternative because they are cheaper, so

Ragne Soul/Tech III/Spirita III or
Wolg Soul/Tech III/Spirita III

which still keeps Elder Soul's +30 t-atk while being possibly cheaper to make overall, which I'm assuming is the main purpose.

Hence the bolded part below in his original post:

However, the alternative is to use another T-ATK soul and brute force 2 Spirita fodders instead of one, this will give you 80% across the board.

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 08:46 PM
Instead of making a final item with

Elder Soul/Tech III/Spirita III

using Ragne or Wolg Soul as an alternative because they are cheaper, so

Ragne Soul/Tech III/Spirita III or
Wolg Soul/Tech III/Spirita III

which still keeps Elder Soul's +30 t-atk while being possibly cheaper to make overall, which I'm assuming is the main purpose.

Hence the bolded part below in his original post:

Ahh ahh, thanks for the explanation. I was getting confused because I didn't know the "another T-ATK soul"was referring to another type of soul, but rather something like a fodder of Tech 3 / Soul.

My bad.
But really, I think the cost of going through another fodder like that will probably round up being close to doing straight-up Elder Soul, and in the end, you don't get that extra PP.

Might be just my own experience with affixing luck though.

Kantalope
May 20, 2014, 08:56 PM
I think I'll still aim for the elder soul, but is brute forcing the fodder the best way, being that the 3s elders were ~100k each? I have never affixed my armor before, and just want to make sure I don't throw out all of my meseta getting nowhere because I was clueless.

Kikikiki
May 20, 2014, 09:02 PM
I think I'll still aim for the elder soul, but is brute forcing the fodder the best way, being that the 3s elders were ~100k each? I have never affixed my armor before, and just want to make sure I don't throw out all of my meseta getting nowhere because I was clueless.

It all heavily depends on your luck, and if you feel like it.

If you already had your destination armor piece at Elder Soul/x/x, then brute forcing might not be a bad idea, since 2s Elder units are probably half the price of 3s ones. And even at 3s, you still have a decent chance of failing your soul, because the best it could sit at when creating fodder is 50% - or 60% if you use a 10% booster. Since slot penalties are lower than they were before now, you probably will manage to get the fodders paying less using 2s than using 3s.

I have had cases where both ways result in similar cost. But it's just my luck, I can't assume it's the same for everyone.

infiniteeverlasting
May 20, 2014, 09:05 PM
when i take a screen shot using the quick menu, where am i supposed to access those screens afterwards??? o.O

red1228
May 20, 2014, 09:09 PM
when i take a screen shot using the quick menu, where am i supposed to access those screens afterwards??? o.O

There should be a secondary SEGA folder in "My Documents". It has your screenshots & chatlog. It's separate from the 'other' SEGA folder in Program Files/x86 that contains all the game's component files.

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 09:18 PM
Each Elder fodder you try to make will have success rates of 50/80/100, assuming you use

elder/x/x as the target for fodder #1, elder/x/x as fodder #1.1, and tech/x/x as fodder #1.2
elder/x/x as the target for fodder #2, elder/x/x as fodder #2.1, and spirita/x/x as fodder # 2.2.

Each fodder will have a 40% chance of success, and requires two elder/x/x pieces each obviously.

If you use an alternative soul (say Ragne), the fodder #2 above would become 50/60/100, and you would want to put that on your main target item as well. So fodder #1 (soul/tech/x) will have a 40% overall chance of success still, but fodder #2 now has an overall 30% chance of creation, and you have to deal with another 30% chance on your main target as well.

I don't know what the current prices are but the way you go is up to you. If two slot Elder fodder is really, really cheap in comparison you could try to just expand your way into it, but the rate of success is obviously lower so yeah (37.5/60/75 on your fodder, maybe?).

Also, my own question... did they massively buff transfer/success rates in the past year? I could have sworn that a year ago you needed, say, 2x tech IIIs along with your t-atk souls AND a 20% booster in order to get 100% tech III transfer rate on final item. I could remember wrong, but I feel like all the non-Soul/Stigma/etc. stuff have like 20% higher success rate than they used to. I don't even remember being able to add 1 slot onto an unslotted item with 100% success rate.

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 09:26 PM

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYS TARONLINE2\pictures

Windows 7, Windows 8.1.

Not sure if Vista is what started this new format of folders, but if so, then also Vista.

XP? I dont have a clue in hell. Probably within ..\My Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARTONLINE2

Evangelion X.XX
May 20, 2014, 10:03 PM
@infiniteeverlasting:

Also, just in case you didn't know, you can take Screenshots without accessing the Quick Menu by pushing the "Print Screen" Button on your keyboard (I have no idea how this will work on a controller, don't use one for PSO2 gaming). That way, when you take pictures, you don't have a Screenshot of the Menus and what not.

Sandmind
May 20, 2014, 10:29 PM
Each Elder fodder you try to make will have success rates of 50/80/100, assuming you use

elder/x/x as the target for fodder #1, elder/x/x as fodder #1.1, and tech/x/x as fodder #1.2
elder/x/x as the target for fodder #2, elder/x/x as fodder #2.1, and spirita/x/x as fodder # 2.2.

Each fodder will have a 40% chance of success, and requires two elder/x/x pieces each obviously.

If you use an alternative soul (say Ragne), the fodder #2 above would become 50/60/100, and you would want to put that on your main target item as well. So fodder #1 (soul/tech/x) will have a 40% overall chance of success still, but fodder #2 now has an overall 30% chance of creation, and you have to deal with another 30% chance on your main target as well.

I don't know what the current prices are but the way you go is up to you. If two slot Elder fodder is really, really cheap in comparison you could try to just expand your way into it, but the rate of success is obviously lower so yeah (37.5/60/75 on your fodder, maybe?).

Also, my own question... did they massively buff transfer/success rates in the past year? I could have sworn that a year ago you needed, say, 2x tech IIIs along with your t-atk souls AND a 20% booster in order to get 100% tech III transfer rate on final item. I could remember wrong, but I feel like all the non-Soul/Stigma/etc. stuff have like 20% higher success rate than they used to. I don't even remember being able to add 1 slot onto an unslotted item with 100% success rate.

Didn't you answer your own question when you said to create Elder/Tech3/junk and Elder/spirita3/junk fooder? It looked like you were aware that sega trashed the old list of soul's boosting misc stat3 for a new list. Where all single Atk boost their own atk and 2nd stat + possibly some random linked stat or from the old list. Only the hybrid soul start making less sense. The soul still give a 20% boost to their corresponding stat3, but it also include the creation of their stat3 AND stat4.

omgwtflolbbl
May 20, 2014, 10:32 PM
Well, I wasn't sure if I just remembered wrong or not, which is why I'm asking. I stopped playing for a year, so some things I'm unsure of if I just recall incorrectly. I understand how it works now, but not entirely sure if it was changed since I quit as I only vaguely remember how it used to be (and thus could just be memory error).

GHNeko
May 20, 2014, 10:54 PM
It is true that you can only open up Luther's clock via mirage 3 times total? After that you have to force it open via arms.

Bellion
May 20, 2014, 10:58 PM
You can do it more than that, but the chances get lower each time and to the point where the chance of doing so is almost non-existent. 4 is a decent amount of times before it gets really low.

diamondx
May 20, 2014, 11:54 PM
I tried using the player shop search engine to searching for the following item: Folly Cut.
which is a rear unit, but the search displays nothing. so i have to manual go through a list of all rear units. is there a easier way of using the search function to search for items to buy in players shop, i dont mean the finding abitiies, i meant items like units , swords, etc...

Rendezvous
May 20, 2014, 11:57 PM
I tried using the player shop search engine to searching for the following item: Folly Cut.
which is a rear unit, but the search displays nothing. so i have to manual go through a list of all rear units. is there a easier way of using the search function to search for items to buy in players shop, i dont mean the finding abitiies, i meant items like units , swords, etc...

Search the Japanese name: リア/フォリーカット.

omgwtflolbbl
May 21, 2014, 12:02 AM
When you're using the english patches and whatnot, some items can be searched using their english name. You can't just directly search it, though, you have to press the button to the right of the name field, which will then do a prospective search for any actual items that fit that name. If there's anything valid they'll have the form of XXXX | YYYY, with XXXX being the Japanese name and YYYY being the English name, which you can then select your item from and delete the " | XXXX" from, and search using the Japanese that's leftover. For many items, though, this doesn't work and it's best to just use either Cirnopedia or the Japanese wiki to find the item (name) in question.

For abilities you will want to search using the full English name, though. For example, search using "quartz soul" instead of just "quartz" or the actual Japanese name.

Lego
May 21, 2014, 12:23 AM
Is Elemental Weak Hit worth it on Techer tree? Playing as Fo/TE mostly.

Rakurai
May 21, 2014, 12:27 AM
If you have multiple FO and TE skill trees to take advantage of, then yes.

If you can't change your element to suit whatever it is you're fighting in an area, then its value goes down a lot.

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 12:33 AM
You can do it more than that, but the chances get lower each time and to the point where the chance of doing so is almost non-existent. 4 is a decent amount of times before it gets really low.

Is there like a formula on this or something?

In fact...is there a formula for proc rates on status effects?

Having my tech say 20 Mirage leads me to believe that that value is 20% proc rate...

Which is anything but fucking truth. augh.

gaijin_punch
May 21, 2014, 01:27 AM
Question about the latent that adds 10% to the element (fire, wind, light, etc.). Is it damage * .1? So if the element is light, I'm doing 10% more damage to everything with light weakness?

GoldenFalcon
May 21, 2014, 01:35 AM
So if the element is light, I'm doing 10% more damage to everything

answered your question.

Having my tech say 20 Mirage leads me to believe that that value is 20% proc rate...

This seems quite tough, because 22 status rate is the highest ANY wind technic can go. Razan with the +2 hits and +2 status rate seems like the best bet for inflicting Mirage, unless you can get regular Zan to work

SpanishGamer911
May 21, 2014, 01:42 AM
Anyone having an issue with the english patch causing a black screen after the intro? I Just updated my game, i usually start it up first before patching (Not sure why) but after that i close PSO2 & install the english patch.

After that the game gets stuck on the black screen. Is it just me?

tfshadow
May 21, 2014, 11:06 AM
Anyone having an issue with the english patch causing a black screen after the intro? I Just updated my game, i usually start it up first before patching (Not sure why) but after that i close PSO2 & install the english patch.

I was having this issue last night. Try checking for PSO2 files to make sure everything is OK then reinstalling the patches. Works fine for me now.

Nymfidemus
May 21, 2014, 11:14 AM

Had the same problem earlier.
1st update: The text were all in Japanese, so I restarted the game.
2nd update: Re-installed every patches; black screen after the intro.
3rd update: Downloaded and re-installed latest EN patch from psumod and now everything's working great.

Question about Braver's Average S Charge on Shunka. Does it affect all 4 slashes or only the first one?

Cybermynd
May 21, 2014, 11:21 AM
My question is where do I go from here.

Currently 38/28 Br/Hu with current equips
1* Sword,Partizan,W.Lance Ex Lv1 +10
1* Katana and Bow also Ex lv 1 +10
Blitz sign and arm +5
and some Jagd Coda leg peice also +5

I'm not currently premium but I should have some AC coming in shortly if its required.

Any suggestions as to where to go from here? All I'm currently doing is trying to level but I know I'm going to hit a wall at some point in the near future.

tfshadow
May 21, 2014, 11:29 AM
What should I be doing with Fun points, just getting stuff from FUN scratch? Outside of the lobby actions from the fun shop, is there anything else and should I be hoarding as much fun points as possible?

Pugas87
May 21, 2014, 11:56 AM
My question is where do I go from here.

Currently 38/28 Br/Hu with current equips
1* Sword,Partizan,W.Lance Ex Lv1 +10
1* Katana and Bow also Ex lv 1 +10
Blitz sign and arm +5
and some Jagd Coda leg peice also +5

I'm not currently premium but I should have some AC coming in shortly if its required.

Any suggestions as to where to go from here? All I'm currently doing is trying to level but I know I'm going to hit a wall at some point in the near future.

Always +10 your gear. Run TACOS for money to do so. Start finding some cool weapons or buy them. 1star extended lvl 1 weapons are not that powerful at all. Join a team in order to find more people to hang out/quest with. Lvl up 38/28 is far from 70/70 which is truly the point to ask the question: where do I go from here.

Edit: If you do find you are hitting a wall, try a new class or make a new character. As you can see from my signature, I have a plurality of classes and characters that prevent me from getting bored.

Pugas87
May 21, 2014, 11:58 AM
What should I be doing with Fun points, just getting stuff from FUN scratch? Outside of the lobby actions from the fun shop, is there anything else and should I be hoarding as much fun points as possible?

FUN scratch is where its at. Sell some of those things you get for money, like grind risk reductions +1 ~40kish a piece depending on market. You can also get other things besides lobby actions at the FUN shop, such as grind risk reductions, but you will probably get more with the scratch than straight up buying them.

seilent
May 21, 2014, 12:30 PM
i saw craft menu in visiophone, does that mean i can request for tech crafting there instead leveling my own tech craft..?
i'd like to request some crafting but i don't see any price that i should pay there..

gonna ask here first, worried if i did something stupid later ^^;

Does ATK bonus from affixing is calculated like basic class stats for damage..?
or is it just added up like weapon ATK status..

thanks

Sizustar
May 21, 2014, 01:11 PM
i saw craft menu in visiophone, does that mean i can request for tech crafting there instead leveling my own tech craft..?
i'd like to request some crafting but i don't see any price that i should pay there..

gonna ask here first, worried if i did something stupid later ^^;

Does ATK bonus from affixing is calculated like basic class stats for damage..?
or is it just added up like weapon ATK status..

thanks

You provide the material and a set cost to the person making the tech.
You should check with the person, and see if they have the Tech 3 room deco that give 4% great success first.
Each person can set 3 recipe.

Dragonpie852
May 21, 2014, 01:49 PM
How big of a difference is bio katana vs yasha if both are 50% and fully grinded?

Gothcowboy
May 21, 2014, 02:04 PM
ok so I downloaded the game, tweaker, and have a sega id. however when I try to start a game I have 2 probs A) theres no sound (even though Iv put all the bars in sound to opsions from 50% to max) and B) after the intro movie & PSO2 logo the game dissapears,no sign in screen no nothing it just goes back to the desktop,and I have to re lonch the game only to get the same resalt.

:argh:

seilent
May 21, 2014, 02:05 PM
You provide the material and a set cost to the person making the tech.
You should check with the person, and see if they have the Tech 3 room deco that give 4% great success first.
Each person can set 3 recipe.

ah thanks a lot, i might try to request some crafting then.. since getting achievements its too long for me..

SpanishGamer911
May 21, 2014, 02:15 PM
Anyone having an issue with the tweaker not saying the Screen settings? I apply what i want & save it but it just goes back to whatever it was on before.

nathanielzor
May 21, 2014, 02:15 PM
I'm probably not gonna get an answer here but. Does anyone know if Zanverse is boosted by Elemental Conversion?

Sandmind
May 21, 2014, 02:25 PM
ok so I downloaded the game, tweaker, and have a sega id. however when I try to start a game I have 2 probs A) theres no sound (even though Iv put all the bars in sound to opsions from 50% to max) and B) after the intro movie & PSO2 logo the game dissapears,no sign in screen no nothing it just goes back to the desktop,and I have to re lonch the game only to get the same resalt.

:argh:

Try doing a file check using the tweaker? And maybe some of the others repair options if it doesn't (fully) help.

Sizustar
May 21, 2014, 02:51 PM
ah thanks a lot, i might try to request some crafting then.. since getting achievements its too long for me..

Well, you can ask me to help you make dark level 2 tech, I have level 2 them.

Incendi0
May 21, 2014, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know what the latent is for the new Falz loser 11* stone rifle?

nathanielzor
May 21, 2014, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know what the latent is for the new Falz loser 11* stone rifle?
Zero Effort 16% Close range damage.

Pugas87
May 21, 2014, 04:13 PM
Anyone having an issue with the tweaker not saying the Screen settings? I apply what i want & save it but it just goes back to whatever it was on before.

I noticed this as well. It actually does save it, except when you go to look again, it reverts to a default choice (edit: kind of like the observer effect lol). So go into the screen settings, make your pick, then start PSO2. It should be in the setting you just chose. I found that worked for me, even though every time I opened the screen settings window again it would revert to a different screen setting.

GHNeko
May 21, 2014, 05:51 PM
Are the mag devices;

PP Restore J,K, and L,

Worth using? Can I have them all set to my mag and benefit from all their effects? Will one overwrite the others?

The details for the ones who don't know the details:

Mag learns the trigger action: Support / PP Restore J
Recovers PP at fixed intervals. Short intervals, short duration.

Mag learns the trigger action: Support / PP Restore K
Recovers PP at fixed intervals. Average intervals, average
duration.

Mag learns the trigger action: Support / PP Restore L
Recovers PP at fixed intervals. Long intervals, long duration.

I'm super curious.

manthisis
May 21, 2014, 09:30 PM
who is the anime girl with the purple hair?

Gardios
May 21, 2014, 09:32 PM
She's Nanana from Nanana's Buried Treasure. It's an anime where the heroine can be seen playing PSO2.

Rakurai
May 21, 2014, 10:18 PM
Are the mag devices;

PP Restore J,K, and L,

Worth using? Can I have them all set to my mag and benefit from all their effects? Will one overwrite the others?

They're worth using.

Problem is, the only one of them that's actually available is J, and only as a natural ability on the full T-ATK mags.

Melodys
May 22, 2014, 12:28 AM
Is it worth learning an Efficient II megid recipe? I have one that is -9PP but +.26 seconds of cast time. I've heard mixed opinions about it like the longer cast time making it hard to use in the middle of a fight like when you're swarmed with Goldras or something and getting less mileage from PP convert. By the way, I use a Weddle Park rod so I don't have to worry about throwing a Talis after every 4 casts.

Sizustar
May 22, 2014, 12:33 AM
Is it worth learning an Efficient II megid recipe? I have one that is -9PP but +.26 seconds of cast time. I've heard mixed opinions about it like the longer cast time making it hard to use in the middle of a fight like when you're swarmed with Goldras or something and getting less mileage from PP convert. By the way, I use a Weddle Park rod so I don't have to worry about throwing a Talis after every 4 casts.

Most people go for less PP cost, able to cast more, as the power increase doesn't really make it that strong, and it moving slower isn't that good.

IndigoNovember
May 22, 2014, 02:27 AM
Which one does more damage, Immediate Strike (JA Potential) or Enraged Stance (Fury Stance Potential)?

Evangelion X.XX
May 22, 2014, 02:32 AM
Immediate Strike Lv. 3: 5% Boost.

Enraged Stance Lv. 3: 3% Boost.

IndigoNovember
May 22, 2014, 02:38 AM
Fury Stance's 1.25 vs JA Bonus's 1.2 doesn't factor in at all?

Zekester
May 22, 2014, 02:42 AM
I tried looking up past AC/Fun Accessories to find Quartz Helm, does anyone know if it was obtained through specific means (like Ex's Helm; had to spend 5000AC)?

if not, does anyone have the text so I may search player shops.

GoldenFalcon
May 22, 2014, 02:47 AM

Latents just give another small multiplier. Like Fury Stance Up 3 or a third JA Bonus

Aurorra
May 22, 2014, 02:48 AM

I think Fury Stance's does, but not JA Bonus. Enraged Stance makes Fury Stance into a 1.28 bonus, while Immediate Strike is a separate 1.05 bonus making it even better.

GoldenFalcon
May 22, 2014, 02:51 AM
I think Fury Stance's does

From what I know, there aren't ANY damage bonuses in the game that are additive.

Symphie
May 22, 2014, 02:55 AM
I tried looking up past AC/Fun Accessories to find Quartz Helm, does anyone know if it was obtained through specific means (like Ex's Helm; had to spend 5000AC)?

if not, does anyone have the text so I may search player shops.

It was from the white day event quests if memory serve me right.

Name is; クォーツ・ドラゴンヘルム

Aurorra
May 22, 2014, 04:09 AM
From what I know, there aren't ANY damage bonuses in the game that are additive.

Just taking the English translation at face value since it says "Boosts the effect of Fury Stance by 3%" rather than "Increases damage (or attack power) by 3% when in Fury Stance".

And on a second note why is Enraged Stance just so bad, you'd think they'd buff it since it's the weakest potential out there and they've been buffing all other slightly weak potentials.

Skyly
May 22, 2014, 04:39 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I just heard perfect keeper is only a passive when "enemy's HP is full" But it says "increases damages to enemies when HP is full"

EXPLAIN PLEASE. Cause I know that has to be wrong

Arada
May 22, 2014, 04:45 AM
Perfect Keeper increases your damage when your character's HP is full.

icewindz
May 22, 2014, 09:16 AM
Any grinding 11* tips? how to minimize cost?

Mortos02
May 22, 2014, 09:51 AM
Question, when using a Makeover Pass as a Premium Member, you get 60 minutes of free Salon time, does this 60 minutes extend to all characters on the account, or only for the one that used the pass?

gigawuts
May 22, 2014, 10:11 AM
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I just heard perfect keeper is only a passive when "enemy's HP is full" But it says "increases damages to enemies when HP is full"

EXPLAIN PLEASE. Cause I know that has to be wrong

Perfect Keeper (Gunner) = Your HP must be max
First Hit (Ranger) = Enemy HP must be max

Eternal255
May 22, 2014, 10:34 AM
Heya,

I've been gone for a while- last update I was around for was the item customizations and that was only briefly & was gone a bit before that. How much content have I missed so far? Any new zones & whats the level cap currently?

Gotta run thru bumped but needa figure out how far to go back.

Norkturne
May 22, 2014, 10:38 AM
Is MB15 fully translated yet? Mine isn't tho, and I'm using the latest 4/23/2014 version from arks layer. D:

IndigoNovember
May 22, 2014, 11:52 AM
Latents just give another small multiplier. Like Fury Stance Up 3 or a third JA Bonus

Ah, got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Atlantis419
May 22, 2014, 11:58 AM
Ok so I'm wondering, I've used hunter weapons for a long time I can swear the gear for those weapon really don't do anything. Am I imaging this? I mean i guess the partizan gear I do notice a little extra range but I barely use partizan anyway. For sure the wired lancer and sword doesn't seem to do anything. I'm guessing that sword gear only affect some pa's and those are the ones that aren't really used?

IndigoNovember
May 22, 2014, 12:05 PM
Wired Lance gear is a damage buff to grabbing PAs (aka things like Other Spin and not things like Kaiser Rise). Sword gear does a lot of things not limited to increasing charge speed (Ride Slasher, Guilty Break, Rising Edge, Nova Strike), increasing amount of hits (Sonic Arrow, Twister Fall), increasing animation speed (Cruel Throw), increasing attack range (Stun Concide), and increasing damage (Over End). Reduces amount of time needed to absorb for Sacrifice Bite.

omgwtflolbbl
May 22, 2014, 12:24 PM
Sword Gear level 3 is extremely noticeable, I don't know how you can NOT notice any differences lmao. On Overend, the small swings get a pretty decent damage boost, and Sonic Arrow increases the number of projectiles. Nova Strike and Rising Edge gain additional strikes/spins. Most (all?) charging PAs like the 2 above and Guilty Break and Ride Slasher charge far, far faster (like, maybe 1 second of charging vs. 4-5 seconds of charging) and generally do more damage.

Unless you use Sword only for Overend spam, Sword is like... unusable without Sword Gear.

Not that Sword is in that good of a spot right now, anyways, considering the alternatives.

Atlantis419
May 22, 2014, 02:42 PM
Absolutely not unusable. I mainly use guilty break and twister fall. I only use over end if a boss is stunned otherwise it's pretty much guilty and twister. Problem is sword seems to never charge gear so no, I haven't even noticed if it did anything cause everything would be dead and sword just doesn't seem to build gear. I also don't charge guilty break as 12 is enough to 1 or 2 shot most stuff. I use sword for Mobs only now a days and my fi weapons on bosses so I just don't notice it. It's why I'm asking cause I'm thinking of reseting the tree and considering which gears to drop and if fury gear boost is worth it. As for wl, I don't use the holding pa's anymore so I guess that's why I don't see it do anything either. I guess this insight does give me an idea though. I have spare sp so I'll try 1 point in fury gear boost and check out how the sword at lv3 works out first before I do anything. Alright thanks guys.

GHNeko
May 22, 2014, 02:58 PM
They're worth using.

Problem is, the only one of them that's actually available is J, and only as a natural ability on the full T-ATK mags.

Well getting that full TATK mag @ lvl 30 isnt a problem since I'm BRFO.

Still though...

The fact that the other 2 device cant be obtained is maddening.

Silver Crow
May 22, 2014, 05:32 PM
Is there any way to make use of Standing Snipe with launchers? Or is it pretty much a Rifle only Skill? (trying to consider whether to get Launcher with Standing Snipe potential)

Z-0
May 22, 2014, 05:35 PM
Normal attack on the ground, then use your PA.

GoldenFalcon
May 22, 2014, 05:38 PM
Is there any way to make use of Standing Snipe with launchers? Or is it pretty much a Rifle only Skill? (trying to consider whether to get Launcher with Standing Snipe potential)

If you want every launcher PA to get Standing Snipe bonus, you'd need to do 2 normal attacks after every PA, which happens to coincide with avoiding the 'reload' animation

Silver Crow
May 22, 2014, 05:41 PM
Normal attack on the ground, then use your PA.

Oh, that's true, my mind was so used to jumping with launcher I ignored the fact you could do that. I guess it's worth waiting for the long animation to get +30% dmg.

Rendezvous
May 22, 2014, 05:45 PM
I have spare sp so I'll try 1 point in fury gear boost and check out how the sword at lv3 works out first before I do anything. Alright thanks guys.

1 point into Fury Gear makes a noticeable difference and is a substantial buff to Sword Gear/Hunters overall due to the fact that is is harder to accumulate and maintain Sword Gear compared to the other Hunter weapons. 5 points is a luxury, but it is so nice.

Rodbow15
May 22, 2014, 05:48 PM
Yo, sup guys!
I want to get back into PSO2 but I haven't played since launch... I'm re-downloading the JP client now but do I need to worry about a IP block? I don't remember wheither I used one last time and un-installed or not.

Also, I downloaded PSO Tweaker but I also noticed there's a PSOes Tweaker, which one should I actually use?

Rendezvous
May 22, 2014, 05:49 PM
Yo, sup guys!
I want to get back into PSO2 but I haven't played since launch... I'm re-downloading the JP client now but do I need to worry about a IP block? I don't remember wheither I used one last time and un-installed or not.

Also, I downloaded PSO Tweaker but I also noticed there's a PSOes Tweaker, which one should I actually use?

No IP block. PSO Tweaker, the original.

Ephidiel
May 22, 2014, 05:51 PM
Pso2es is for the androd game

Alsilo the jpn version has no ip block

manthisis
May 22, 2014, 06:42 PM
are the servers down atm?

Horo The Wise Wolf
May 22, 2014, 06:51 PM
Yes, for the next three hours as well.

SStrikerR
May 22, 2014, 06:52 PM
are the servers down atm?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219471

Rodbow15
May 22, 2014, 07:19 PM
Nice. Thanks guys. Also, what servers are typically the 'english' ones? The ones where PSO-World members frequent?

Sizustar
May 22, 2014, 07:24 PM
Nice. Thanks guys. Also, what servers are typically the 'english' ones? The ones where PSO-World members frequent?

Ship 2, B20(General)
If you want to do EQ, 10~15 with teamate or random people during Japan peak hour.
If doing Advanced quest, go to the VIta block, I use B226, as it's easier to get Burst in Vita block then PC block.

Yden
May 22, 2014, 07:54 PM
Does the potential deadly breeze affect all damage or just normal attack damage?

nathanielzor
May 22, 2014, 07:55 PM
Does the potential deadly breeze affect all damage or just normal attack damage?
All damage dealt during Rapid Shoot.

Skize
May 22, 2014, 08:00 PM
Since it's maintenance...

1) How high of a risk can you go in AQ and can you get it to so high that rare stones drop a ton more? Cause collecting 3000 rare stones is taking a lot longer than I thought. Is there a noticeable difference as you go higher and higher in risk?

2) I've got a Psycho Wand just sitting there, being equipped by my support character. I hate that I have a 12* just collecting dust. So I decided to create a Force type character. I was thinking of going Dark FO/TE, but is the Psycho Wand good for that? What class and build would utilize Psycho Wand efficiently?

nathanielzor
May 22, 2014, 08:09 PM
Since it's maintenance...

1) How high of a risk can you go in AQ and can you get it to so high that rare stones drop a ton more? Cause collecting 3000 rare stones is taking a lot longer than I thought. Is there a noticeable difference as you go higher and higher in risk?

2) I've got a Psycho Wand just sitting there, being equipped by my support character. I hate that I have a 12* just collecting dust. So I decided to create a Force type character. I was thinking of going Dark FO/TE, but is the Psycho Wand good for that? What class and build would utilize Psycho Wand efficiently?
1) Theres no cap on Risk, but it'd be safe to say if it IS capped, it's 999. I've been in 300 risk before so theres that. The best way to increase pyroxene drop rates though is to use items with Lucky Rise and Lucky Rise units. They'll boost the number of pyroxenes dropped. (The 3000 stone weapons are pretty worthless, not sure why you're aiming for them besides using them as 6 slot fodder.)

2) The sad truth of the matter is, Psycho Wand is utter garbage, seeing as you cannot 50 element it. Thus you can't benefit from 25% extra damage by having a 50 element weapon and Elemental Conversion which is Force's new bread and butter. The thing psycho wand IS good for however, is for spamming Il Zonde. (Spam Il Zonde to basically have triple dash speed.)

GoldenFalcon
May 22, 2014, 08:14 PM
2) The sad truth of the matter is, Psycho Wand is utter garbage, seeing as you cannot 50 element it.

What if he can?

nathanielzor
May 22, 2014, 08:16 PM
What if he can?
Then I am completely jealous, and that opens up a lot of new possibilities.

Skize
May 22, 2014, 08:58 PM
1) Theres no cap on Risk, but it'd be safe to say if it IS capped, it's 999. I've been in 300 risk before so theres that. The best way to increase pyroxene drop rates though is to use items with Lucky Rise and Lucky Rise units. They'll boost the number of pyroxenes dropped. (The 3000 stone weapons are pretty worthless, not sure why you're aiming for them besides using them as 6 slot fodder.)

2) The sad truth of the matter is, Psycho Wand is utter garbage, seeing as you cannot 50 element it. Thus you can't benefit from 25% extra damage by having a 50 element weapon and Elemental Conversion which is Force's new bread and butter. The thing psycho wand IS good for however, is for spamming Il Zonde. (Spam Il Zonde to basically have triple dash speed.)

1) Well, unfortunately, I have the worst luck when it comes to getting a good bow. Every 10* bow I've gotten has been low-tier crap. While the 3000 rare stone fort buster bow isn't the best, it's still 1081 r-atk at +10. Also, I don't have the money to spend to be premium right now cause my budget is stupid tight. So for now, it's something that's better than nothing. In a few months, I might be able to relax a bit, but for now, I'm a non-premium player :S

2) So what you're saying is that any 12* weapon for force type character is legit crap now? I mean unless I get another Psycho Wand that is? What's the point of a 12* weapon then if it can't do good damage? :S

GHNeko
May 22, 2014, 08:58 PM
Anyone have any recommendations for a Zonde spell? I feel like they're all wack. Sans Zondeel. That shit is awesome, but it's more utility than damage and is a 2 part tech.

I'm looking for a single part damaging Zonde spell that isnt meh. Something nice. Currently using Zonde since nothing else really fits the bill.

I'd add Zondeel to my primate sub-palette and then add another zonde tech to my sub-palette, but my primary sub-palette real estate is not only extremely precious to me, but I don't want to switch back and forth between sub-palettes for the sack of damage because it's tedious as I play on a controller and I have to navigate through the weapon menu first for whatever fucking reason.

Help?

nathanielzor
May 22, 2014, 09:09 PM
1) Well, unfortunately, I have the worst luck when it comes to getting a good bow. Every 10* bow I've gotten has been low-tier crap. While the 3000 rare stone fort buster bow isn't the best, it's still 1081 r-atk at +10. Also, I don't have the money to spend to be premium right now cause my budget is stupid tight. So for now, it's something that's better than nothing. In a few months, I might be able to relax a bit, but for now, I'm a non-premium player :S

2) So what you're saying is that any 12* weapon for force type character is legit crap now? I mean unless I get another Psycho Wand that is? What's the point of a 12* weapon then if it can't do good damage? :S
If you're level 55 you should try running SHAQs, I've gotten plenty of 11* bows theres. And the new EQ might drop a bow, not entirely sure.

Right now any 12* Force weapon is pretty much trash yeah. Even with 50 element they're lackluster because their potentials aren't really that special (compared to the other potentials ilke 16% Dark Damage). Actually. In general most of the 12*s in the game right now PERIOD are pretty bad, except Orochi Agito and a few others.

Anyone have any recommendations for a Zonde spell? I feel like they're all wack. Sans Zondeel. That shit is awesome, but it's more utility than damage and is a 2 part tech.
Your best bets are Zonde, Zondeel, Sazonde, and Il Zonde. To be honest though Lightning tree is completely terrible as it stands right now. Dark Fo/Te (gg Il Megid) is the Force metagame right now, along with Ice (Il Barta destroys) and Wind (for those who can't give up their Sazan16 ways).

DoubleCannon
May 22, 2014, 09:09 PM
When is maint over? that is my question! lol

Sizustar
May 22, 2014, 09:11 PM
When is maint over? that is my question! lol

It's on the official site
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=3647

8:00 ~ 12:00 JST

DoubleCannon
May 22, 2014, 09:16 PM
It's on the official site
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=3647

8:00 ~ 12:00 JST

ah thanks :) 11pm est. was hoping to log in and go quest lobby afk in b10 until 10am est for rain event and full block lol

supersai8
May 22, 2014, 09:20 PM
Thanks to GoldenFalcon for answering my question in regards to the Bio series stuff, I had forgotten to leave a reply about that!

But now I have a new question;
Seimei Kikami (+ Talis Tech Bonus) vs Weddle Park
Assuming both are at Lvl. 3 latent (Dark tech damage boost), fully grinded, 50 element and with proper abilities,

Will Weddle Park outdo Seimei Kikami, or would the bonus from the Talis Tech help compete against Weddle Park?

Skize
May 22, 2014, 09:28 PM
Right now any 12* Force weapon is pretty much trash yeah. Even with 50 element they're lackluster because their potentials aren't really that special (compared to the other potentials ilke 16% Dark Damage). Actually. In general most of the 12*s in the game right now PERIOD are pretty bad, except Orochi Agito and a few others.

Wow, that's kind of a bad game design right there...

But thanks for answering!

Sizustar
May 22, 2014, 09:31 PM
Thanks to GoldenFalcon for answering my question in regards to the Bio series stuff, I had forgotten to leave a reply about that!

But now I have a new question;
Seimei Kikami (+ Talis Tech Bonus) vs Weddle Park
Assuming both are at Lvl. 3 latent (Dark tech damage boost), fully grinded, 50 element and with proper abilities,

Will Weddle Park outdo Seimei Kikami, or would the bonus from the Talis Tech help compete against Weddle Park?

Tali will deal more damage, how much more, will depends on your gears.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3123156&postcount=199

Skyly
May 22, 2014, 09:35 PM
Where do you get Stamina Boost from?

supersai8
May 22, 2014, 09:36 PM

Neato, thanks!

Sizustar
May 22, 2014, 09:37 PM
Where do you get Stamina Boost from?

The 100% item that is used when adding ability at Dudu/Monica?

AC Scratch
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20140521/

nathanielzor
May 22, 2014, 09:40 PM

Looking at this, I'll assume that was pre-Elemental Conversion. But like Sizu said, more gear, the more important that multiplier is gonna be. If you're rocking 100 T-ATK units with that Talis Mastery, it's gonna help a lot more than the Weddle Perk.

Keep in mind, big hitting moves like Namegid are gonna get an even bigger booster from that 20%. Because 20% of 150k is an extra 30k. (This is basically why you can get 1m+ with Namegid on a Quartz Dragon now.)

Eternal255
May 23, 2014, 01:25 AM
do blue weapons have the same negative effect as red weapons (- ability points) and if i did the crafting thing on them, does it put them at potentially better or at least as good as some 10* weapons?

trying to find a replacement sword while learning the crafting system for my fighter/hunter. just recently came back to the game.

GoldenFalcon
May 23, 2014, 01:31 AM
do blue weapons have the same negative effect as red weapons (- ability points) and if i did the crafting thing on them, does it put them at potentially better or at least as good as some 10* weapons?

trying to find a replacement sword while learning the crafting system for my fighter/hunter. just recently came back to the game.

If you wanted to craft a weapon, you might as well craft the 7* that looks the best to you

Skyly
May 23, 2014, 01:36 AM
The 100% item that is used when adding ability at Dudu/Monica?

AC Scratch
http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20140521/

So I have to use 200 AC per scratch to obtain a stamina boost through RNG?

milranduil
May 23, 2014, 01:40 AM
So I have to use 200 AC per scratch to obtain a stamina boost through RNG?

No, you just buy it from player shop for ~1.3mil.

Eternal255
May 23, 2014, 01:40 AM
If you wanted to craft a weapon, you might as well craft the 7* that looks the best to you

Thats what I figured, which is why I'm looking at the blue weapon. As for the other part of the question, do you know if the blue weapons have negative effects?

Skyly
May 23, 2014, 01:43 AM
No, you just buy it from player shop for ~1.3mil.

Ohh. I searched stamina boost through units and not item search.

Quissy7
May 23, 2014, 02:25 AM
I was just wondering how premium/room/shops work.

If I bought premium would I have it on all my accounts characters or just the character I buy it on? I am also asking the same thing regarding rooms/shops.

I am assuming that inventory space is per character?

Skyly
May 23, 2014, 03:10 AM
I was just wondering how premium/room/shops work.

If I bought premium would I have it on all my accounts characters or just the character I buy it on? I am also asking the same thing regarding rooms/shops.

I am assuming that inventory space is per character?

Premium is tied to your account

Norkturne
May 23, 2014, 03:13 AM
Question; can I have two characters in two different teams or must I create another account to be in another team? O^O

Soldat J
May 23, 2014, 03:17 AM
Question; can I have two characters in two different teams or must I create another account to be in another team? O^O

You join a team through your account, so all characters on that account will be on that team. If you want to join 2 different teams on the same ship, then yes making 2 accounts would be beneficial to you.

silentsin165
May 23, 2014, 10:25 AM
Quick Question: Does standing snipe work on PAs? If so, would it work on last nemesis? (since you start to float)

Sp-24
May 23, 2014, 10:29 AM
It does work on PAs like Satellite Cannon and Infinity Fire, and even on Sneak Shoot, but I have no idea about Last Nemesis.

Niagara
May 23, 2014, 10:31 AM
I can't play in game till monday,

How is the "in the Driving Rain?" EQ ? Good, bad ? Better than With Wind and Rain ?

gigawuts
May 23, 2014, 10:32 AM
Standing Snipe works on anything that Weak Hit Advance works on, meaning any bullet-type attack (I specify bullet-type because some ratk moves won't get it, like the kicks that some mechgun and bow moves have which are counted as striking despite using ratk). You just have to stay immobile for a period before using the attack.

Eternal255
May 23, 2014, 11:02 AM
Does exp earned from PSO2es also count towards your character on the PSO2 PC version?

Sizustar
May 23, 2014, 11:19 AM
I can't play in game till monday,

How is the "in the Driving Rain?" EQ ? Good, bad ? Better than With Wind and Rain ?

ALl enemy is lv.70

GHNeko
May 23, 2014, 11:24 AM
Does exp earned from PSO2es also count towards your character on the PSO2 PC version?

Yes, but you cant level up your character through es. You can bring your PC character to TNL-1 at max. Then you have to log in to PC, get that 1 point, and then you can do it all over in ES.

It works the other way too, but only 10% of EXP gained in PC goes towards es.

Eternal255
May 23, 2014, 11:28 AM
Yes, but you cant level up your character through es. You can bring your PC character to TNL-1 at max. Then you have to log in to PC, get that 1 point, and then you can do it all over in ES.

It works the other way too, but only 10% of EXP gained in PC goes towards es.

Awesome! Is it a 1 to 1 point conversion from ES to PC?

Coreven
May 23, 2014, 11:28 AM
I've actually leveled up my pso2 character through es. I got a notice that I had leveled up because of playing es once I logged in.

GHNeko
May 23, 2014, 11:31 AM
Awesome! Is it a 1 to 1 point conversion from ES to PC?

Yeeeep.

I've actually leveled up my pso2 character through es. I got a notice that I had leveled up because of playing es once I logged in.

...That's news to me lol.

supersai8
May 23, 2014, 03:17 PM
Question,

I have a 55 FI/HU, and I was wondering which 10/11 star weapons are good nowadays?

infiniteeverlasting
May 23, 2014, 04:18 PM
what does locking your equipment do?

Skyly
May 23, 2014, 04:26 PM
If I buy an armor with stamina boost already affixed on there is it a 100% transfer rate?

IndigoNovember
May 23, 2014, 04:38 PM
what does locking your equipment do?

Stops you from selling, desynthesizing, and mag feeding it.

If I buy an armor with stamina boost already affixed on there is it a 100% transfer rate?

No. Boosts cannot be transferred.

---

Dudu simulator (http://pso2numao.web.fc2.com/dodo/) appears to be down. Does anybody know why?

Skyly
May 23, 2014, 04:58 PM
Stops you from selling, desynthesizing, and mag feeding it.

No. Boosts cannot be transferred.

---

Dudu simulator (http://pso2numao.web.fc2.com/dodo/) appears to be down. Does anybody know why?

I don't think you understood me. What I really meant to say was Stamina Boost is permanent on whatever weapon/unit you put it on correct? Like If I bought one for fodder I would need to transfer my abilities to it and it (stamina boost) will always succeed.

Arada
May 23, 2014, 05:07 PM
If you try an affix on a weapon with -anything- boost, you'll lose it.

Not transferable also means it cannot be kept if you try an affix on that piece of equipment.

Aquanos
May 23, 2014, 06:30 PM
How do I obtain a partner support

Sizustar
May 23, 2014, 06:34 PM

What do you mean?

Do you mean NPC, Friend/teamate or Mini-partner?

Rendezvous
May 23, 2014, 07:05 PM

Support Partner (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210597)

mctastee
May 23, 2014, 07:10 PM
You get a CO from koffie to get one at level 20. If you want extra support partners you need to purchase them from the make over shop for 300 ac. You can have up to 3 support partners per character.

Gaylar
May 23, 2014, 07:15 PM
I have a couple of questions regarding selling XQ passes:

Firstly, how does the exchange work? Do they pay by run, or pay for bulk runs? What if they don't have premium and therefore cannot directly trade?

Secondly, how does the run work? Assuming I would have to run with them, do they pay for my used pass as well? I have never run an XQ in a party; only solo, I don't know how the payment method compares to say, VH/SHAQs. Do I get to keep any specific drops if I find any?
edit: Also, does it usually start from stage 1, all the way through?

My premium is close to expiration; and I am looking to sell my passes to buy something for someone before it expires, there's a good bulk of cash to be made here, I don't want to screw it up.

Sizustar
May 23, 2014, 07:26 PM
I have a couple of questions regarding selling XQ passes:

Firstly, how does the exchange work? Do they pay by run, or pay for bulk runs? What if they don't have premium and therefore cannot directly trade?

Secondly, how does the run work? Assuming I would have to run with them, do they pay for my used pass as well? I have never run an XQ in a party; only solo, I don't know how the payment method compares to say, VH/SHAQs. Do I get to keep any specific drops if I find any?
edit: Also, does it usually start from stage 1, all the way through?

My premium is close to expiration; and I am looking to sell my passes to buy something for someone before it expires, there's a good bulk of cash to be made here, I don't want to screw it up.

You can't trade or sell XQ pass in shop.
How it work is agree on a price and run, and you have enough ticket for yourself and the other person and do the run together.

How payment is make will depend on if the other person has premium or the gift box.
If no premium, you usualy put a item for sale in your shop for the agree d price. or have them deposit the money with gift box in your room.

manthisis
May 23, 2014, 08:37 PM
so what are AQ's and XQ's and where/how can i do them? who do i talk to?

musicmf
May 23, 2014, 08:51 PM
Probably a dumb question; but with a OTP the "6 incorrect passwords until your account is locked" is only for that login session right?
So if I typo'd a OTP today, tomorrow I don't just have 5 incorrect inputs remaining, right?

Aquanos
May 23, 2014, 08:57 PM
I figured it out
so I can like, invite my friends as NPC
thats pretty cool :P

edit

can meseta be shared through other characters along with storage?

mctastee
May 23, 2014, 09:06 PM
so what are AQ's and XQ's and where/how can i do them? who do i talk to?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210110

NitroMeteor
May 23, 2014, 09:08 PM
This has gone on long enough. I'm trying to create a SEGA ID (a japanese one) and every time I keep getting the same error message at the top of the page. I don't know what it means and I probably sound really dumb for asking, but will someone please translate? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

gaijin_punch
May 23, 2014, 09:10 PM
Your birthday month format is wrong. Input as 01 - 12. I assume you're month is < 10, and you're not prepending a zero?

gaijin_punch
May 23, 2014, 09:13 PM
If you try an affix on a weapon with -anything- boost, you'll lose it.

Not transferable also means it cannot be kept if you try an affix on that piece of equipment.

I think he misworded the question. He doesn't meant the boost you get from Kiara... he just means Stamina I, II, III, etc. are in the slot already.

The answer to the question: If you add two more items that both have the same Stamina, then yes, the transfer rate is 100%. However, if you want to fill the extra slot, the rate will drop.

Melodys
May 23, 2014, 09:31 PM
What's the best way to level up from lvl 30 to 50 outside of COs? I know there's always eqs on but my friend says there are a lot of scrub players in the H-VH blocks. Any eqs involving following around an MPA is fine like Wind and Rain. It's more of a gamble with Falz arms/Elder.

If trying Apos/Luther, I was thinking that my friend should forget doing it on H-VH and do repeated N runs instead on B2-3 due to all the high levels almost guaranteeing 20-30 seconds runs whereas in H-VH, many parties could potentially take over 5-10 minutes or not even kill Apos, making it inefficient for exp.

It's the same with TD as well except there's no benefit running it on N so my friend is stuck on the H-VH blocks.

musicmf
May 23, 2014, 09:59 PM
I think he misworded the question. He doesn't meant the boost you get from Kiara... he just means Stamina I, II, III, etc. are in the slot already.

The answer to the question: If you add two more items that both have the same Stamina, then yes, the transfer rate is 100%. However, if you want to fill the extra slot, the rate will drop.
They specifically said Stamina Boost, and 100% transfer rate.
So it's safe to assume they mean the affix "Stamina Boost"

When you affix, you don't "Add" affixes to an item, you throw all of the affixes and re-roll an item.
-X Stat- Boost affixes can never be thrown into the pool by normal means. You -must- use the AC Item to throw it into the pool.

So Arada's answer is the correct one.

What's the best way to level up from lvl 30 to 50 outside of COs? I know there's always eqs on but my friend says there are a lot of scrub players in the H-VH blocks. Any eqs involving following around an MPA is fine like Wind and Rain. It's more of a gamble with Falz arms/Elder.

If trying Apos/Luther, I was thinking that my friend should forget doing it on H-VH and do repeated N runs instead on B2-3 due to all the high levels almost guaranteeing 20-30 seconds runs whereas in H-VH, many parties could potentially take over 5-10 minutes or not even kill Apos, making it inefficient for exp.

It's the same with TD as well except there's no benefit running it on N so my friend is stuck on the H-VH blocks.

I find Falz Arms the best method of exp. Lots of other good Multiparty EQs I would imagine people run on their mains, so you won't get very good parties for. (TD, Earth/Wind, Luther, etc.)
But it seems like Hard-Falz is pretty easy for people's alts, so I always level my alts there.

Otherwise, there's Franka COs for extra boost of experience. Buy from Player Shop and turn in to get it done faster.

Beyond that; idk. I don't power level alts, but rather play my main more.
If your talking about different classes on your main though; Do Hans COs on your higher level class, and change class then turn in on the weak one.

silentsin165
May 23, 2014, 10:36 PM
Just a quick question on a small problem I'm having: Just recently I've noticed that my legs began to clip through my characters dress when charging an attack (bullet bow). I think I may have pressed something or changed an option because it didn't use to do this. Anyone have any idea?

Nulve
May 23, 2014, 11:05 PM
I have a Calibun set and a Primula set and was wondering if I should level 5 craft them or not? What the negative implications be, besides loss of resistances and -10 HP?

Sp-24
May 23, 2014, 11:34 PM
Extended units have their defense stats and special abilities (like resistances and HP/PP bonuses) overwritten with those of an extended unit, are not considered a part of a set anymore and receive rather steep stat requirements in stats that no one ever increases (defenses). You don't lose affixes, though.

And I understand crafting the Primula set, but why the Calbun units? They have a very rad melee resistance.

EDIT: And, since you don't lose the affixes after extending, why don't you craft a unit that is easier and cheaper to grind, and comes with better bonuses than a set of 10☆ EQ units?

milranduil
May 23, 2014, 11:39 PM
Extended units have their defense stats and special abilities (like resistances and HP/PP bonuses) overwritten with those of an extended unit, are not considered a part of a set anymore and receive rather steep stat requirements in stats that no one ever increases (defenses). You don't lose affixes, though.

And I understand crafting the Primula set, but why the Calbun units? They have a very rad melee resistance.

EDIT: And, since you don't lose the affixes after extending, why don't you craft a unit that is easier and cheaper to grind, and comes with better bonuses than a set of 10☆ EQ units?

They gain hp/pp based on the type of X-def craft. They are also still part of a set for set bonus.

S-def craft: 30hp/1pp
R-def craft: 20hp/2pp
T-def craft: 10hp/3pp

Sp-24
May 23, 2014, 11:40 PM
They are also still part of a set for set bonus.
Wait WHAAAAT?!

Huh, just checked the wiki again, and it looks like the red text that I thought meant that set effect is gone actually says that it stays. I COULD HAVE HAD 40 MORE ATTACK POINTS THIS WHOLE TIME.

NitroMeteor
May 23, 2014, 11:59 PM
I'm only reposting this because I feel no one saw, so I'm going to add things to make it noticeable.

This has gone on long enough. I'm trying to create a SEGA ID (a japanese one) and every time I keep getting the same error message at the top of the page. I don't know what it means and I probably sound really dumb for asking, but will someone please translate? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
^^^^^^

Sp-24
May 24, 2014, 12:08 AM
Your birthday month format is wrong. Input as 01 - 12. I assume your month is < 10, and you're not prepending a zero?
PSOW didn't let me post without text, so I also took a liberty of spellchecking that post.

Chdata
May 24, 2014, 12:18 AM
Can tundra drop Heiremjees, or is that only in forest?

Rendezvous
May 24, 2014, 01:04 AM
Can tundra drop Heiremjees, or is that only in forest?

Any mission that has Evade the Visbolt Emergency Code, or from Forest XQ only.

manthisis
May 24, 2014, 01:19 AM
I'm only reposting this because I feel no one saw, so I'm going to add things to make it noticeable.

^^^^^^

I don't know the translation, but make sure of these things:

if you have single digits for the month/day of your birthday, make it 0X (ex. 01 01 2000)

be sure to get the captcha correct

make sure your username is available.

other than that i can't help you

Skize
May 24, 2014, 01:22 AM
Does anyone know if breaking the wings and spears of Blu Ringahda affect the rare weapon/unit drops in SHAQ?

Gaylar
May 24, 2014, 01:26 AM
You can't trade or sell XQ pass in shop.
How it work is agree on a price and run, and you have enough ticket for yourself and the other person and do the run together.

How payment is make will depend on if the other person has premium or the gift box.
If no premium, you usualy put a item for sale in your shop for the agree d price. or have them deposit the money with gift box in your room.

Okay.
I probably should've worded it a bit better; I know the passes are untradable.

Curious though, do they pay -per- pass used in the run? Or just for the run itself? For example, if we run with 2 people, and it costs me 2 passes (1 for myself, and 1 for them), assuming the rate was 200k, would that single run cost them 400k, or only 200k? I assume its the latter.

Chdata
May 24, 2014, 02:33 AM
Any mission that has Evade the Visbolt Emergency Code, or from Forest XQ only.

Can't wait till f70 forest where a bunch will come into market ;p

Dragonpie852
May 24, 2014, 05:02 AM
What are the prices for yasha's on ship2?

Edson Drake
May 24, 2014, 05:40 AM
25m plus last I checked

GHNeko
May 24, 2014, 05:51 AM
I wish I could check the prices for Susano Guren on other ships lol.

Sizustar
May 24, 2014, 06:10 AM
I wish I could check the prices for Susano Guren on other ships lol.

Make a 2nd character or a alternate account.

Nulve
May 24, 2014, 06:15 AM
Wait WHAAAAT?!

Huh, just checked the wiki again, and it looks like the red text that I thought meant that set effect is gone actually says that it stays. I COULD HAVE HAD 40 MORE ATTACK POINTS THIS WHOLE TIME.

So, I should craft the primula set, Yes/No?

BIG OLAF
May 24, 2014, 09:42 AM
All right, somehow all my options reset on my game, and I can't remember how to fix the expanded view of accessories in the makeover shop. I hate having that one little list to scroll all the way through.

Is the option in the makeover shop itself, or in the options menu? I can't recall.

Never mind, I found it.

IndigoNovember
May 24, 2014, 11:21 AM
For the Black Heart potential, is it a good idea to have a smaller PP pool so you can get under 50% faster?

Edit: This is for Red Scorpio, whose launcher PAs are a bit more expensive than other weapon's.

WildarmsRE5
May 24, 2014, 11:22 AM
Okay.
I probably should've worded it a bit better; I know the passes are untradable.

Curious though, do they pay -per- pass used in the run? Or just for the run itself? For example, if we run with 2 people, and it costs me 2 passes (1 for myself, and 1 for them), assuming the rate was 200k, would that single run cost them 400k, or only 200k? I assume its the latter.it would be 200k, though I'm pretty sure the average pass sells for 300k+.

So, I should craft the primula set, Yes/No?No, No God Please, No.

You'll be destroying your whole future by crafting those kind of unit.

For the Black Heart potential, is it a good idea to have a smaller PP pool so you can get under 50% faster?

Edit: This is for Red Scorpio, whose launcher PAs are a bit more expensive than other weapon's.
uh, think about it for a minute.

example you have 150 PP, 50% would be 75, you have 75 PP left to Cluster Bullet.

then you have 100 PP, 50% would be 50.

GHNeko
May 24, 2014, 12:19 PM
It's a double edge sword actually.

Too much PP means you'd need to PA more to get to 50% so it'd be technically harder to proc the potential, but you'd get to use it longer.

Too little means it's easier to proc it but you'd be quick to deactivate it since it wont take long to get above 50%.

tfshadow
May 24, 2014, 01:11 PM
I picked up a Talis with Mirage Lv 5 ability on it. That it only affect whatever the Talis itself hits, or magic cast from the Talis?

moorebounce
May 24, 2014, 01:48 PM
When you add a class to a weapon can you use the PAs for that weapon or just the basic attacks?

NexusAZ
May 24, 2014, 01:51 PM
I picked up a Talis with Mirage Lv 5 ability on it. That it only affect whatever the Talis itself hits, or magic cast from the Talis?

It will only affect direct hits from the Talis, it will have no effect on techs.

When you add a class to a weapon can you use the PAs for that weapon or just the basic attacks?

You can only use the PAs if you have the weapons primary class as a main or Sub. If not, you cannot use the PAs.

Sizustar
May 24, 2014, 01:51 PM

Weapon status only activate when the weapon hits, it does not get imbued onto any Tech.

You need it as a subclass if I remember.

moorebounce
May 24, 2014, 01:57 PM
You can only use the PAs if you have the weapons primary class as a main or Sub. If not, you cannot use the PAs.

Thank you

Kantalope
May 24, 2014, 02:49 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my force's weapons from 9 star to 10 star weapons, but after a browse through cirnopedia, I'm not really seeing any exciting potentials aside from the dark tech boost. What should I be aiming for? I assume a dark weapon for il megid mobbing, and an ice weapon for bosses il barta?

Nulve
May 24, 2014, 03:53 PM
This is going to sound really stupid, but can someone explain to me how Il Barta works? I recently switched to an Ice tree (65/65 Fo/Te), and I don't even know how to use Il Barta properly.

Wise Man
May 24, 2014, 04:52 PM
I've been pretty curious about this for a while now; Will sega ever recycle through old ark cash content? I play a cast on the side and to be honest, finding the parts and head piece for some sets is nearly impossible. Not only because of the price people put on them but also because sometimes there's only 2 or 3 of that item on the market...

At this point, i'll take even rumors as to what sega is doing with this lol

Gamemako
May 24, 2014, 04:59 PM
Did searches, couldn't come up with a solid answer. Old character from around beta and early release is on Ship 10 -- I quit to wait for English release that never came. Block 20 has no English-speakers of note anymore. I hear leveling is much easier now (getting the initial 3 to level 20 took me dozens of hours), but I'm still not too inclined to bail, lose my character and bouquet rifle and so on. Is there anyone on Ship 10 anymore or should I transfer or reroll on 2?

Evex
May 24, 2014, 05:53 PM
Just a question about characters and ships. From my understanding we have two free character slots. The second is that it cost AC to transfer a character to another ship. I was wondering if I wanted to create a character on another ship do I have to delete a character from a previous ship ?

Let me explain using the following example.

I have a character on ship 2, which can be considered the primary character. I have a free character slot and want to create a character on say ship 10. Do I need to delete the character on ship 2 to create a character on ship 10, or can I just use the free slot I have to create a character on ship 10 ?

Sizustar
May 24, 2014, 06:22 PM
This is going to sound really stupid, but can someone explain to me how Il Barta works? I recently switched to an Ice tree (65/65 Fo/Te), and I don't even know how to use Il Barta properly.

It's like Il-foi(Lock on and cast, can go through wall), except damage stack, the 4th and 7th cast on the same target get the highest boost damaage, and then it start over.
So for people with Els, they cast 6 normal cast quickly, and a full charge cast on the 7th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXp4KK13NUc

I've been pretty curious about this for a while now; Will sega ever recycle through old ark cash content? I play a cast on the side and to be honest, finding the parts and head piece for some sets is nearly impossible. Not only because of the price people put on them but also because sometimes there's only 2 or 3 of that item on the market...

At this point, i'll take even rumors as to what sega is doing with this lol

They've been recycling stuff for awhile now, just check the AC scratch roster, and see which one has the revival tag on it.

Did searches, couldn't come up with a solid answer. Old character from around beta and early release is on Ship 10 -- I quit to wait for English release that never came. Block 20 has no English-speakers of note anymore. I hear leveling is much easier now (getting the initial 3 to level 20 took me dozens of hours), but I'm still not too inclined to bail, lose my character and bouquet rifle and so on. Is there anyone on Ship 10 anymore or should I transfer or reroll on 2?

There might be, but most likely it'll be friend guild with less then 100 people
With the introduction of PSO2es, it's much easier to get AC now, if you want to tranfer, but getting to level 20, shouldn't take more then a few hour.

Just a question about characters and ships. From my understanding we have two free character slots. The second is that it cost AC to transfer a character to another ship. I was wondering if I wanted to create a character on another ship do I have to delete a character from a previous ship ?

Let me explain using the following example.

I have a character on ship 2, which can be considered the primary character. I have a free character slot and want to create a character on say ship 10. Do I need to delete the character on ship 2 to create a character on ship 10, or can I just use the free slot I have to create a character on ship 10 ?

2 Character per account.
So you can have 1 on Ship1, ONe on Ship 2, but that's your max quota, if you want to make more, you eaither have to pay AC or get rid of one of the old on e.

Evex
May 24, 2014, 08:23 PM
This is just out of curiosity, but is the storage you get with a character ship wide or is it account wide ? Going with my previous example if I have a character on ship 2 can another character I have access the same storage if there on ship 7 ? The same question applies to mail as well.

Sizustar
May 24, 2014, 08:27 PM
This is just out of curiosity, but is the storage you get with a character ship wide or is it account wide ? Going with my previous example if I have a character on ship 2 can another character I have access the same storage if there on ship 7 ? The same question applies to mail as well.

Ship based.

Gamemako
May 24, 2014, 08:27 PM
There might be, but most likely it'll be friend guild with less then 100 people
With the introduction of PSO2es, it's much easier to get AC now, if you want to tranfer, but getting to level 20, shouldn't take more then a few hour.

I see. I would guess that there is no way to get the bouquet rifle back if I reroll, though?

Also, I understand that the emergency operations are supposed to be the fastest way to level, but I did a 20-minute one earlier and got only half a level through 5 emergency codes. Granted, I was solo, but that seems pretty low to be doing 1-20 in a few hours. Is there some trick to the business?

infiniteeverlasting
May 24, 2014, 10:19 PM
how do you take clean screens without all the subpallete/chat log clutter?

Gardios
May 24, 2014, 10:20 PM
You can change whether or not you want the HUD visible in screenshots in the options.

Sizustar
May 24, 2014, 10:36 PM
I see. I would guess that there is no way to get the bouquet rifle back if I reroll, though?

Also, I understand that the emergency operations are supposed to be the fastest way to level, but I did a 20-minute one earlier and got only half a level through 5 emergency codes. Granted, I was solo, but that seems pretty low to be doing 1-20 in a few hours. Is there some trick to the business?

Depends on which emergency quest you are doing, and whether you are doing it with a full 12 person group, and eating the 50%~75% exp boost.

Quickest way is one that has alot of enemy spawn, like the new Rain EQ, or any of the Darker city, even Dark falz hand or Bird that can be cleared quickly is good for exp.
And if you have a team, drink the EXP boost from that too.

Coreven
May 24, 2014, 10:42 PM
how do you take clean screens without all the subpallete/chat log clutter?

ctrl + prtscr

LonelyGaruga
May 24, 2014, 10:51 PM
It's like Il-foi(Lock on and cast, can go through wall), except damage stack, the 4th and 7th cast on the same target get the highest boost damaage, and then it start over.
So for people with Els, they cast 6 normal cast quickly, and a full charge cast on the 7th.

You mean Rafoie? Ilfoie doesn't do either of those things, and Ilbarta is different anyway. Description could use a little refining too.

Ilbarta is closer to Namegid. If you don't have a target, it will do absolutely nothing. It has almost no radius, but will damage multiple targets if they're Zondeeled together or otherwise forced in the same spot. Ilbarta does half of its normal damage uncharged, so it's very good with Elysion, getting the full damage without needing to charge. For the first three hits, it does normal damage, but for the 4th-6th hits, it does doubled damage. The 7th hit does even more damage, but resets the chain, so if you continue to use Ilbarta, you must resume stacking casts again.

Of note, Ilbarta's damage is such that you must charge the 7th hit to get full damage. The 7th hit, uncharged, is 200% what you would normally do. The final hit does 800% charged. So Elysion would still result in you dealing half of what you normally would uncharged for the final hit. As such, always charge for the 7th hit. This is a little tricky if you can't communicate well with your party/MPA, since their casts add to the chain, but if you can do it, it really pays off.

mctastee
May 24, 2014, 11:17 PM
It's a double edge sword actually.

Too much PP means you'd need to PA more to get to 50% so it'd be technically harder to proc the potential, but you'd get to use it longer.

Too little means it's easier to proc it but you'd be quick to deactivate it since it wont take long to get above 50%.

For black heart, you want as much PP as possible. You have to PA more to get under 50%, but you have more PP for PAs and once you are there it's much easier to stay under 50% PP. Just think of it like this: Would you rather have 50pp to work with or 75pp when you proc the potential? It's the difference between using 2 and 3 PAs in a row.

WildarmsRE5
May 24, 2014, 11:42 PM
For black heart, you want as much PP as possible. You have to PA more to get under 50%, but you have more PP for PAs and once you are there it's much easier to stay under 50% PP. Just think of it like this: Would you rather have 50pp to work with or 75pp when you proc the potential? It's the difference between using 2 and 3 PAs in a row.finally, someone who gets it.

Skize
May 24, 2014, 11:46 PM
What's the fastest way to farm Mizer Soul with 3 slots on weapons? Does Fortunate Omen help?

Ygdrad
May 24, 2014, 11:50 PM
I have been using the partisan's Volg Raptor PA to double spellcasting damage and am using the Soul Eater partisan as a weapon because it also had 100 t-attack. Problem is I'm starting to outgrow it and when I select to extend, the preview shows 0 t-attack. Will it really lose all its t-attack? I thought I would be able to boost both. Are there any other t-attack partisans I can use? Would a great success stop me from losing the T-attack or even better, boost it with the s-att?

Sanguine2009
May 25, 2014, 12:06 AM
when you extend gear it has its stats overwritten with a preset template. at the moment there are no recipes that have stats other than the standard attack stats on that type of weapon. so yes your soul eater will lose all its t att as well as almost certainly lose its all class.
(it also loses its minimum damage bonus but that wont be a deal breaker until VH or so)

Symphie
May 25, 2014, 12:07 AM
I have been using the partisan's Volg Raptor PA to double spellcasting damage and am using the Soul Eater partisan as a weapon because it also had 100 t-attack. Problem is I'm starting to outgrow it and when I select to extend, the preview shows 0 t-attack. Will it really lose all its t-attack? I thought I would be able to boost both. Are there any other t-attack partisans I can use? Would a great success stop me from losing the T-attack or even better, boost it with the s-att?

Yes, it'll lose all its TATK. Great Results do not give TATK back(or boost it) for a weapon type that doesn't naturally have it. Great Results can only add multiple-classes and lowered equip requirement, at current anyway.

For suggestions of other poles(at +10).. there are only two I can think of by a quick looking around;
アメン・トゥム (10*, 190TATK)
グアルス (11*, 780TATK)

Sizustar
May 25, 2014, 12:08 AM
What's the fastest way to farm Mizer Soul with 3 slots on weapons? Does Fortunate Omen help?

Play PSO2es on the 5* mizer stage.

Aurorra
May 25, 2014, 12:09 AM

Non standard stats and wield reqs get removed when extending weapons. You'll never be able to have an extended partisan with a t-atk bonus. The class wield req will also go to hunter only unless you roll an extra class or all class as a great success bonus.

There are two other partisans with a t-atk bonus, Amun Tum a 10*, though the t-atk value is barely higher than Soul Eater, and Guarus an 11* that actually had a fairly sizable t-atk bonus.

IndigoNovember
May 25, 2014, 12:10 AM
For black heart, you want as much PP as possible. You have to PA more to get under 50%, but you have more PP for PAs and once you are there it's much easier to stay under 50% PP. Just think of it like this: Would you rather have 50pp to work with or 75pp when you proc the potential? It's the difference between using 2 and 3 PAs in a row.

This makes sense, but I'm finding that I usually don't get more than 2 PAs off in a row due to the rest of the party having killed everything by then. Thanks for the clarification though.

WildarmsRE5
May 25, 2014, 12:39 AM
This makes sense, but I'm finding that I usually don't get more than 2 PAs off in a row due to the rest of the party having killed everything by then. Thanks for the clarification though.uh, I'm pretty sure Ra/Hu nails faster than the rest of the party members. except if its a Dark Spec Fo/Te.

GHNeko
May 25, 2014, 01:09 AM

Yeah that's understandable in the case of how it's implemented.

I was thinking of what Sega was probably trying to get at when I posted originally lol.

With that being said...

Does anyone know how to bring up the transfer code in PSO2es code?

I want to test PSO2es on my phone but I have it on my tablet and I dont want to make a new ID JUST to try es on my phone.

I just want to give it a shot on my phone and then transfer back.

IndigoNovember
May 25, 2014, 04:17 AM
uh, I'm pretty sure Ra/Hu nails faster than the rest of the party members. except if its a Dark Spec Fo/Te.

Guess I'm just a horrible RA/HU then. This is what I get for playing on gamepad and not using Third Person Shooting I suppose.