PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

Hatsodoom
Aug 21, 2014, 12:05 AM
Moving issue to tech forum.

Brizone
Aug 21, 2014, 12:08 AM
Guys, when i unleash a potential of a rare weapon, and try to upgrade the augments, in case of failure, it won't be lost right? (the potential sticks to the weapon?)

Thanks in advance :D

Rakurai
Aug 21, 2014, 12:23 AM
Potentials can't fail, thankfully.

Metalsnake27
Aug 21, 2014, 12:24 AM
Are accessory, make up, lobby action, etc. tickets shared for every character on the account or only for that specific character?

I saw that I was still able to use my lobby action form my first character onto my second character.... wondering if accessories and stuff are the same.

Also if you delete that character that used the ticket, you wouldn't loose it?

Hatsodoom
Aug 21, 2014, 12:26 AM
Are accessory, make up, lobby action, etc. tickets shared for every character on the account or only for that specific character?

I saw that I was still able to use my lobby action form my first character onto my second character.... wondering if accessories and stuff are the same.

Accessories/make up/hairstyles are only usable by the character that used the ticket. Lobby actions are account wide.

Sp-24
Aug 21, 2014, 12:27 AM
Guys, when i unleash a potential of a rare weapon, and try to upgrade the augments, in case of failure, it won't be lost right? (the potential sticks to the weapon?)

Thanks in advance :D
Potentials aren't lost if you try to add affixes to a weapon, nor do they add to the difficulty of affixing it. They basically don't count at all, they're just there.

Most tickets are limited to just one character and that character's support partners. The only tickets that I know apply to all of your characters instead of just one is the lobby actions. So, deleting a character effectively also deletes any tickets that you used on them, except LAs.

So yah, sometimes my game will just randomly crash. I get the generic windows "Program has crashed/stopped responding" message. There's no set pattern, it just happens at random. Any ideas? This has been occuring for a while and it gets real annoying when it happens more than once in one day and especially during EQs. Almost missed Luther today cuze of it.
Crashes are most likely related to your PC. It could be too weak to handle PSO2 (Gameguard, actually), or your OS could be unstable. Lowering game settings, defragmenting the disks (especially the one PSO2 is installed on and the one your system uses for cache), cleaning your registry and startup applications, and reinstalling PSO2 have a chance to fix it, but it's a lot more likely that you'd need to do something more drastic, like reinstall the OS or upgrade your PC.

Metalsnake27
Aug 21, 2014, 12:34 AM
Accessories/make up/hairstyles are only usable by the character that used the ticket. Lobby actions are account wide.

Ah ok, this is very good to know, thanks.

Hatsodoom
Aug 21, 2014, 12:46 AM
Crashes are most likely related to your PC. It could be too weak to handle PSO2 (Gameguard, actually), or your OS could be unstable. Lowering game settings, defragmenting the disks (especially the one PSO2 is installed on and the one your system uses for cache), cleaning your registry and startup applications, and reinstalling PSO2 have a chance to fix it, but it's a lot more likely that you'd need to do something more drastic, like reinstall the OS or upgrade your PC.

Yah... I tend not to believe this sort of thing considering past experiences. There's always been a fix, it's never been "my PC". Thats what everyone always says.

Sp-24
Aug 21, 2014, 12:47 AM
Well, this is definitely far from a standard issue. What are your specs and Windows version?

Hatsodoom
Aug 21, 2014, 12:52 AM
Well, this is definitely far from a standard issue. What are your specs and Windows version?

Yah... you're talking to a guy who doesn't know how to find his "specs". I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, 6GB RAM, but that's all I know.

Also I've met others in-game that have the same issue.

Brizone
Aug 21, 2014, 02:52 AM
Guys, what does Hans give to you when you completed his COs?
From what i know, Clotho gives you Gunner discs, and Ravelle gives you Fighter discs..

Thank's in advance :D

Ce'Nedra
Aug 21, 2014, 02:54 AM
Hans doesn't give anything since he isn't a NPC you can bring into combat. Only these you can summon as NPC in campship hand out PA disks.

Brizone
Aug 21, 2014, 03:07 AM
Hans doesn't give anything since he isn't a NPC you can bring into combat. Only these you can summon as NPC in campship hand out PA disks.

If I currently don't have Ravelle as my summon-able partner, will I still be getting the disc?
And how do you obtain the partner card?

Thanks again :-)

Achelousaurus
Aug 21, 2014, 06:08 AM
Thanks.
Also, FUCK!
I thought I found a way to throw money at the game to directly turn into meseta.
Just reset tacos.
But AC scratch item *12 means it costs at least 2200 AC for of these and that is just ridiculous.

the_importer_
Aug 21, 2014, 08:33 AM
Nab 2 is pretty straight forward, you can take NPC now too I believe.(You want to take the Left path after the first boss fight.
And it's not that hard to find people doing it, if you just advertise X/4 Ta on B20

You're right, it was right there, in the Tundra area of all places :p

I didn't finish the quest, I got out of it and went back again to kill it again with the other weapon.

Thanks

Cure Shock
Aug 21, 2014, 10:39 AM
What Trap Search (in Ra tree) does? Skill Simulator just says "find hidden traps": what traps? The same you or other Ra place or what?

Kondibon
Aug 21, 2014, 10:46 AM
What Trap Search (in Ra tree) does? Skill Simulator just says "find hidden traps": what traps? The same you or other Ra place or what?You ever seen those mines that pop up or the traps that you get caught in and have to break out? Those are the traps trap search shows you. It's marginally useful, most of the time people run past traps before you get the chance to shoot the anyway.

It's also gonna be default for rangers after episode 3. If you wanna see what it looks like anyway I have some old screenshots.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/1iWI0P3.png
http://i.imgur.com/F1iDdJC.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Cure Shock
Aug 21, 2014, 11:01 AM
You ever seen those mines that pop up or the traps that you get caught in and have to break out? Those are the traps trap search shows you. It's marginally useful, most of the time people run past traps before you get the chance to shoot the anyway.

It's also gonna be default for rangers after episode 3. If you wanna see what it looks like anyway I have some old screenshots.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/1iWI0P3.png
http://i.imgur.com/F1iDdJC.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Nice, thanks!

Galax
Aug 21, 2014, 01:00 PM
What kind of unit set would you guys recommend for a range-oriented Braver?

Don't give me suggestions on 10* units I'd have to buy, I don't have premium & don't have the cash to get it, so that isn't happening.

I pretty evenly use my Rifle & Bow; Braver/Ranger.

Kindly don't remind me that I'd be better off switching what my main and sub are if I want to play ranged, that isn't an option due to how I've raised my mag.

Also, optimal rifle I should get for Ranger subbing? Factors are cost [if 9* or under], Latent [I can and /will/ unlock it], mob-drop [if 10* or higher], and color scheme as a far secondary; I prefer my weapons green, but that simply isn't always possible.

Sandmind
Aug 21, 2014, 01:34 PM

Don't give me suggestions on 10* units I'd have to buy, I don't have premium & don't have the cash to get it, so that isn't happening.

Kindly don't remind me that I'd be better off switching what my main and sub are if I want to play ranged, that isn't an option due to how I've raised my mag.

Also, optimal rifle I should get for Ranger subbing? Factors are cost [if 9* or under], Latent [I can and /will/ unlock it], mob-drop [if 10* or higher], and color scheme as a far secondary; I prefer my weapons green, but that simply isn't always possible.

You could pick a set of Tian 9* and craft it up, since individual unit give next to nothing, but the set effect is 90 Ratk + 10pp. Since it's a two part set, pick a random leg to fill in what you need, there is some option with 8* and 9* for hp or pp, like レッグ/デザープレート (Leg / Dezer Plate) with 50hp and solid Sdef + strike resist, レッグ/リュクスネ (Leg / Luxe Nero) with 5pp but weak defense or even レッグ/フェネアジス (Leg / Fen Aegis) for better balance between the two. More can be found if you look on cirnopedia.

10* unit wise, some can be farmed without too much trouble and once EP3 hit, apparently we're getting EP1&2 fully unlocked, so you could farm "mini Vibras" in the last EP2 MB story, which are pretty decent at endgame with decent balance. He is lv60 though and his weapons are locked to lv61+ sadly.

Braver Mag isn't main class only and there was no info to it changing. If no Bow related skill are main-class only in EP3, you could shoot for RABR eventually. Although, after looking at cirno, there isn't really a good RA able bow that is easily accessible outside of Bio Bow for freemium, dumb luck or weapon crafting...

BR-able rifle wise, there is the SHAQ volcano stone shop ディブルアルブス (Divularbus) with fury stance latent, can farm the stone on VH and the base weapon is a 9*. And there is the 11* エヴァレカーサ (Evarecasa) made using Falz Luther's stone and it got ZRA latent.

horseship
Aug 21, 2014, 01:35 PM

Craft a Tian set and try to hunt for White Tail or Ing Plate from XQs. Crafted Tian is better than the 10* version IMO since you can get more PP this way. Crafting a Gwanman set would just be... stupid. Some easier to get options for leg units are Luxe Nero or Luxe Pal for +5 pp, the 10* version is very common from the Gel Wulff emergency code.

As for rifles, go with Bio Triner or Evarecasa. Evarecasa is gotten by trading in 100 Loser stones, which are pretty easy to get. Just do the Falz Loser EQ whenever it comes up. Bio Triner is an XQ stone trade in, which takes quite a long time to get but is the better option in the end.

Otokonokotron
Aug 21, 2014, 02:18 PM
does the 'get an S rank to get better stuff' rule affect just bosses? im trying to farm SH Collect E-trials for the Gloam set on floating isles and the etrial shows up a lot in the third block of the 2nd Arks mission.

are reward chances for etrials totally random?

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B0%E3%83%AD%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0%E3% 82%B7%E3%83%B3%E3%83%9C%E3%83%AB

these are the drop details

SHアムドゥスキア 卵回収 赤トラ(制限時間有り) 青トラ(制限時間無し)
  アークスクエスト 指定標本回収:浮遊大陸 難易度SH

the kanji for red and blue is used for etrials, so does that mean i can still get it from normal collect etrials like the one im doing at the end of the arks mission?

chaosheal
Aug 21, 2014, 03:37 PM
Hey there, not really looking for an answer as what I'm gonna ask isn't really a question, more or less looking for insights. I'm currently playinga BR/RA build (centered mostly on RAstyle, rifle being my main weapon) and was wondering something about rifle PAs.

I noticed people mention one point and sneak shooter all the time but never piercing shell, why is that? To me one point, while being fun, is weaker than piercing shell and more of a pain to aim with for WB. Also sneak shooter is just a stronger piercing shell at the expense of mobility.

Kinda looking for thoughts on that one. Now that I think about it this might have been thread-making worthy but whatever lol

Achelousaurus
Aug 21, 2014, 05:32 PM
What is the jp name of the weapon camo for Tatsuya Shiba's gun(s)?
It's TMG camo, right?

Hatsodoom
Aug 21, 2014, 05:33 PM
Is there anything that will notify me outside of the game of incoming EQs?

airprinzh2o
Aug 21, 2014, 06:17 PM
Is there anything that will notify me outside of the game of incoming EQs?

Chrome extension: http://arks-layer.com/chrome.php

Firefox addon: http://arks-layer.com/firefox.php

You can also use the tweeter alert bot if you have tweeter. You should be able to find it by googling "pso2 eq alert."

Hatsodoom
Aug 21, 2014, 07:18 PM
Chrome extension: http://arks-layer.com/chrome.php

Firefox addon: http://arks-layer.com/firefox.php

You can also use the tweeter alert bot if you have tweeter. You should be able to find it by googling "pso2 eq alert."

Is the Firefox one even working properly? The last recorded announcment was on the 13th.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 21, 2014, 07:56 PM
Is the Firefox one even working properly? The last recorded announcment was on the 13th.

Works for me.

Hatsodoom
Aug 21, 2014, 08:40 PM
Works for me.

Meh, maybe when it gets the next EQ notice i'll see a change.

IndigoNovember
Aug 21, 2014, 09:33 PM
What is the jp name of the weapon camo for Tatsuya Shiba's gun(s)?
It's TMG camo, right?

*SH・トライデント
It's also a gunslash and assault rifle camo. Better have 15 million meseta saved up.

Metalsnake27
Aug 21, 2014, 10:00 PM
Crafting question: So the stats that are on the extended weapon are effected by the grind rate of the weapon before crafting or after it?

Also is crafting worth it early on? Especially since low rarity weapons don't have a minimum damage cap or whatever.... seems like it would be pretty beneficial for a decent amount of time.

Hatsodoom
Aug 21, 2014, 11:35 PM
I dunno, this Firefox addon isn't doing anything and judging from the schedule, Beach Wars 2 is supposed to start in 25 minutes. When do the announcments come up, 15 minutes? No idea.

GHNeko
Aug 21, 2014, 11:42 PM
Announcements are 1hr in advance if you have premium and pso2es.

Else, it's 15 mins prior.

Hatsodoom
Aug 21, 2014, 11:46 PM
Announcements are 1hr in advance if you have premium and pso2es.

Else, it's 15 mins prior.

Well then this firefox addon isnt working.

GHNeko
Aug 21, 2014, 11:53 PM
Is the firefox addon supposed to warn you more than 15 mins prior?

Shiyo
Aug 21, 2014, 11:53 PM
Is the firefox addon supposed to warn you more than 15 mins prior?

But that addon is a botnet.

Hatsodoom
Aug 21, 2014, 11:54 PM
But that addon is a botnet.

Ok, whatever that means. So is there something I can get THAT WORKS?

Shiyo
Aug 21, 2014, 11:56 PM
Ok, whatever that means. So is there something I can get THAT WORKS?

Tell sega to come to 2014 and do EQ's like how warframe does on their twitter
https://twitter.com/WarframeAlerts

Until then, nope, prem + ES or get friends who idle on ES with prem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet

Sizustar
Aug 22, 2014, 12:00 AM
Or just keep an eye on the Japanese wiki EQ section.

Fatal-Killer
Aug 22, 2014, 12:34 AM
To anyone that has Joseph's Partner card: Anyone know how many of his CO's you need to do to open up the card CO?

Skyly
Aug 22, 2014, 02:15 AM
What tails can output the most damage when using Il-barta? Assuming it would be 50 ice + affixed..

Sizustar
Aug 22, 2014, 02:48 AM
What tails can output the most damage when using Il-barta? Assuming it would be 50 ice + affixed..

Bio tali
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_12.php#nav

Ce'Nedra
Aug 22, 2014, 02:57 AM
If I currently don't have Ravelle as my summon-able partner, will I still be getting the disc?
And how do you obtain the partner card?

Thanks again :-)

No you can only obtain them after you have her partner card. You obtain it if you keep doing her CO's over and over. IIRC, she needs to be green or yellow affinity. Just keep accepting and clearing her CO's over and over and eventually you unlock it. This goes for most NPC that have a partner card to hand out.

Skyly
Aug 22, 2014, 04:01 AM
Bio tali
http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/weapon_12.php#nav

Even though it's dark? I would need an element change correct?

Ordy
Aug 22, 2014, 04:42 AM
Even though it's dark? I would need an element change correct?

Yes, you would.

Lawliet123
Aug 22, 2014, 05:46 AM
Do you think i should continue leveling up my gunner, i already maxed my braver and enjoy gunner's playstyle but im worried the ep3 nerfs will it them hard. My gunner is only level 30 so idk what the class dps is capable of doing.

Kondibon
Aug 22, 2014, 05:53 AM
Do you think i should continue leveling up my gunner, i already maxed my braver and enjoy gunner's playstyle but im worried the ep3 nerfs will it them hard. My gunner is only level 30 so idk what the class dps is capable of doing.Do you enjoy playing gunner? If yes then keep playing, if no then stop.
Just because a class isn't max deeps doesn't mean you shouldn't play it. If you're worried about how it'll do in serious content then I doubt much will change. If anything it'll get stronger with the buffs to chaining, PAs, and no longer having to rely entirely on S-roll for half it's damage.

Achelousaurus
Aug 22, 2014, 09:48 AM
Thanks.
And nope, don't have 15 mil to spare for that. >_>

Crafting is best early on cause of just that. Extend a 6* weapon and it will be very good for a long time until you get a very good 9* or so.

Another question, how reliable is Holy Ray's stun at potential lvl 1 and 3?
Is it worth getting?

In general, what 10*/11* rifle and launcher are good if I don't have unlimited funds?

Aquanos
Aug 22, 2014, 09:59 AM
Was wondering if someone could list all looping lobby actions besides dances.

DropHasABow
Aug 22, 2014, 11:38 AM
Even with the EN patch and large EN patch with the tweaker, most of my game is still in JP is this normal? Exp: finishing a guest that chick in the top left chat bubble starts talking in JP.

HeyItsTHK
Aug 22, 2014, 11:45 AM
Even with the EN patch and large EN patch with the tweaker, most of my game is still in JP is this normal? Exp: finishing a guest that chick in the top left chat bubble starts talking in JP.

That npc's tutorial stuff isn't translated.

And if you mean Koffie, I think some of her dialogues aren't translated, but that's enough of a sign to go see her and see if she has any quests for you. If not, it's just her telling you that something new is available to you (AQs, SHAQs, XQs, etc)

viciousbrandon
Aug 22, 2014, 11:48 AM
What mission would be best for hunting sparzyles?

HeyItsTHK
Aug 22, 2014, 11:49 AM
What mission would be best for hunting sparzyles?

Like any tunnels quest? Transmizer Takedown or the free field should do the trick. Sparzyles are among the most common mech enemies.

viciousbrandon
Aug 22, 2014, 11:59 AM
Like any tunnels quest? Transmizer Takedown or the free field should do the trick. Sparzyles are among the most common mech enemies.

Maybe should have said has the most per run. Been just going through transformer takedown but never seems to be a lot.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 22, 2014, 12:46 PM
Why won't my Pso2es update? I get the window that has Wifi and 3G on it (don't know what it says) then it gets to the update screen with the progress bar and then just goes to another window in all Japanese. I don't know what it's saying though

Is this my internet connection?

airprinzh2o
Aug 22, 2014, 01:43 PM
Is the matter board quests ever gona ask me to go to maps other than the first 3? I think I'm on the 5th or 6th board right now and all the matter boards have been telling me is viewing conversations or killing mobs back and forth between Forest, Volcano, or Desert.

Scotty T
Aug 22, 2014, 02:22 PM
Best method for finding a red container?

GHNeko
Aug 22, 2014, 02:36 PM
Do stat affixes like Satk+30 or Tatk+20 actually impact support partner's damage?

I was thinking about giving them some stuff with condition V affixes because I know that condition affixes work on support partners, but i have no clue about stat affixes.

Kondibon
Aug 22, 2014, 02:43 PM
Do stat affixes like Satk+30 or Tatk+20 actually impact support partner's damage?

I was thinking about giving them some stuff with condition V affixes because I know that condition affixes work on support partners, but i have no clue about stat affixes.Not that I know of, but SEs can still trigger. I dunno about latents.

GHNeko
Aug 22, 2014, 03:10 PM
Well i was watching my support partners beat things up last night while MB grinding.

They were clearly doing 3 digit damage to like high 30 enemies even though they're between 60-66
And I was curious as to how. 2 of them were bravers and they were using average stance, so its safe to say they do have multipliers.

(which makes me wonder if they have a skill tree and their SP is used automatically, not not used at all. if its the latter, why not let the player make skill trees for their Support Partners?)

IndigoNovember
Aug 22, 2014, 03:27 PM

Subdue Za Oodan worked for me.

GHNeko
Aug 22, 2014, 03:40 PM
You could always drop a red bo--oh wait wrong pso

GALEFORCE
Aug 22, 2014, 04:29 PM
Anyone know if you can back out of the create a character menu without spending your AC?

Kondibon
Aug 22, 2014, 04:35 PM
Anyone know if you can back out of the create a character menu without spending your AC?Yeah, as long as you cancel instead of accepting it won't use a pass.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 22, 2014, 04:50 PM
Yeah, as long as you cancel instead of accepting it won't use a pass.

Lmao, that makes me think you were just sitting at the Character Creation screen like O.O until you got an answer. Don't know why that thought occurred to me lol.

If I include screenshots from PSO2es can someone help me out? It won't update. Just goes to the progress bar and then gives me some Japanese error message.

Kondibon
Aug 22, 2014, 04:52 PM
If I include screenshots from PSO2es can someone help me out? It won't update. Just goes to the progress bar and then gives me some Japanese error message.Have you ever used es before at all? Are you using it on your actual phone? It's possibly that isp thing since I've seen a lot of people have a different phone service from their internet service and can access PSO2 stuff on one but not the other.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 22, 2014, 04:58 PM
Have you ever used es before at all? Are you using it on your actual phone? It's possibly that isp thing since I've seen a lot of people have a different phone service from their internet service and can access PSO2 stuff on one but not the other.

Sorry should have mentioned that. No, I'm using Bluestacks. And I have used it before.

I'm also in a hotel. It COULD be the internet connection. Which is odd because I have a good enough connection to play PSO2 and not get DCd but can't connect to PSO2es to update it. It did the first time but won't now.

Kondibon
Aug 22, 2014, 05:02 PM
Sorry should have mentioned that. No, I'm using Bluestacks. And I have used it before.

I'm also in a hotel. It COULD be the internet connection. Which is odd because I have a good enough connection to play PSO2 and not get DCd but can't connect to PSO2es to update it. It did the first time but won't now.Ok that helps, but I'm not sure I have an answer personally. D: Sorry.

WNxTyr4el
Aug 22, 2014, 05:23 PM
Ok that helps, but I'm not sure I have an answer personally. D: Sorry.

Darn. I really want to figure out what's going on so it can update. I'll try again when I get back from work but I'm not having high hopes lol.

GALEFORCE
Aug 22, 2014, 05:24 PM
Yeah, as long as you cancel instead of accepting it won't use a pass.

I thiiink it still buys a pass once you go into the creation menu though, so the AC will be spent. I didn't have the courage to back out after all (´・ω・`)

No regrets!

Kondibon
Aug 22, 2014, 05:26 PM
I thiiink it still buys a pass once you go into the creation menu though, so the AC will be spent. I didn't have the courage to back out after all (´・ω・`)

No regrets!No, I'm sure it doesn't. If you try to accept it then it'll ask if you want to, but it won't force you to.

I know this because I've done it before while messing with Milla to get ready for the free passes :P

Sandmind
Aug 22, 2014, 06:05 PM

MB9 Story Quest got a fixed red container right at the end. Gave me both time a grinder too.

infiniteeverlasting
Aug 22, 2014, 08:13 PM
is it possible to download the whole game through tweaker?

genjen
Aug 22, 2014, 08:26 PM
is it possible to download the whole game through tweaker?

yes, you can

Fusionxglave
Aug 22, 2014, 08:32 PM
Hello Everyone.

I was just wondering what is the rarest Male costume out there I feel like I can buy any of them but I was wondering what costume in what color Stand above the rest.

Terrence
Aug 22, 2014, 09:19 PM
Greetings. ^^ I currently have a Set which gives me 15% Strike Resistance (native bonus from Units + affixes). I now want to change it and take three Units from different Sets which would gives me 30% Strike Resistance (native bonus from Units + affixes). I know my question may sound stupid (more Strike Resistance is always a good thing) but since it will cost me 3/4 Millions, do you think +15% Strike Resistance is worth the price ? Do you really feel the difference when you're attacked ? Thanks.

GHNeko
Aug 22, 2014, 10:34 PM
You're going to be met with "Why defense when you can just dodge?????????" responses.

I think the resistances are applied to damage after the normal defense calculations.

Is it useful? Yeah. Will you feel the difference? Maaybe? 600 becomes 510. 90HP saved. That will add up over 4-5 strikes, but you generally die in 2-3. So really...it can kinda depend on your character and how much HP you have.

Is it worth 3-4 million?

Ahhhh probably not. More than likely not. You have to get a lot out of it to make it worth it.

Terrence
Aug 22, 2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks for your answer. I'll reconsider then. ;-)

You're going to be met with "Why defense when you can just dodge?????????" responses.
I usually don't give a fuck about people saying that kind of shitty things.

eiistrir
Aug 23, 2014, 01:30 AM
Does anyone of you experienced of not receiving 認証コード (Confirmation code) on emails?
Up till the time of writing, I havent received the code from pso2 admin.
I logged in my account on SEGA ID website but no luck on viewing my personal details.
I'm planning to use the 問い合わせフォーム / Inquiry Form. I know Nihongo.
But before doing so, does this occur to anyone here?

GHNeko
Aug 23, 2014, 02:50 AM
I do know that certain emails like hotmail (or was it yahoo?) that dont get the emails without a lot of issue.

eiistrir
Aug 23, 2014, 04:12 AM
I do know that certain emails like hotmail (or was it yahoo?) that dont get the emails without a lot of issue.

I'm using gmail, I read a related thread. The thread starter said yahoo mail is what he/she have

Aquanos
Aug 23, 2014, 05:07 AM
Does Great Sun Deity apply in boss areas

Ordy
Aug 23, 2014, 05:10 AM
Yes, it does

Arada
Aug 23, 2014, 05:10 AM
Does Great Sun Deity apply in boss areas

It does, except for the Dark Falzes.

Cure Shock
Aug 23, 2014, 09:32 AM
Cirnopedia isn't updated yet for the new 11* drops that you get from Summer Rappies, so I'd like to know: what's the hidden ability of the surf-board like sword (with fixed PA)? It boosts overall dmg, or only PA dmg, or maybe it has some "crazy" effect? (like boosting the "duration" of Ride Slasher, since it's a surf board you know lol)

IndigoNovember
Aug 23, 2014, 10:29 AM
Ride Slasher damage increased by 10%/15%/20%.

Symphie
Aug 23, 2014, 10:45 AM
Not sure how to properly word this one, but I'm wondering if anyone happen to know the following;

Do Automate Half-Line proc at the same time as the Mag HP Recoveries that trigger at 50%?
Or do any of them take place ahead of the other? (e.g separate rolls rather than at same time. And if they are separate rolls, do the mag ones take place before Automate?).

Also in what order does it consume them, Mono->Di->Tri?

Cheers for answers.

BIG OLAF
Aug 23, 2014, 11:41 AM
Just because I never looked:

What are the COs in Revelle's #14 tab?

Zorua
Aug 23, 2014, 11:59 AM
What's the recommended amount of PP for a Force?

airprinzh2o
Aug 23, 2014, 12:16 PM
EDIT: nevermind

KuroNeko77
Aug 23, 2014, 01:17 PM
Just because I never looked:

What are the COs in Revelle's #14 tab?

Aren't those the ones for the darkers that only show up in TD, such as Dark Vibras ?

BIG OLAF
Aug 23, 2014, 01:42 PM
Aren't those the ones for the darkers that only show up in TD, such as Dark Vibras ?

That might be it. I never noticed them until a couple of days ago.

Amakuni
Aug 23, 2014, 03:28 PM
Hello ;

do some of you know if the use of VPN like WTFast or Mudfish ( in premium account ) will get me banned if i come back on the game now ? since my ISP just don't want here anything i can say to them to fixe the 249 error :(

but i rather die than lost my account :(

Rockmanshii
Aug 23, 2014, 06:10 PM
What's the recommended amount of PP for a Force?

I main Fo and I have 118 pp I think? Never had problems.
It depends of your playstyle I guess. If you have a rod with a splendid recovery latent (faster pp recover)or not, if you sub techer and use pp revival or not, etc

Anyone knows if they're going to add 11* bouncer falz looser stones weapons right at episode 3 update?

Sandmind
Aug 23, 2014, 07:04 PM
It depends of your playstyle I guess. If you have a rod with a splendid recovery latent (faster pp recover)or not, if you sub techer and use pp revival or not, etc

Anyone knows if they're going to add 11* bouncer falz looser stones weapons right at episode 3 update?

From previous patterns, they didn't update Falz Stone shop with katana or bow when braver came out and never did. Hell, their AQ weapons had to wait until the release of the coast-quarry-seabed set. I guess the fact we're getting their XQ Bio weapons two weeks later is supposed to be nice of them.

Zorua
Aug 23, 2014, 08:22 PM

Ah alrighty. I was going to go make new units when the item lab boost happens, but I wasn't sure if I should use my spirita boosters on my force. Looks like tech boosters will be more useful, seeing as I'll already have 140+ pp with them.

horseship
Aug 23, 2014, 09:02 PM
Ah alrighty. I was going to go make new units when the item lab boost happens, but I wasn't sure if I should use my spirita boosters on my force. Looks like tech boosters will be more useful, seeing as I'll already have 140+ pp with them.

It's useful to have around 150 pp if you use Ilbarta with Elysion. 7 Ilbartas costs 175 pp, but with charge revival, you gain a couple back in between uncharged Ilbartas so you'll have enough for the 7th by the time you get there.

It's always nice to have more pp as force, but tech boost is definitely the better option over spirita boost if you've got folly + heiremjees and spirita III on everything.

invadrgir
Aug 23, 2014, 10:57 PM
I've been seeing this server message in-game (with a yellow window) saying something about 10% which people have been saying is about an affixing boost event? Would anyone be able to confirm this and if so when's it start? Thanks in advance.

Sizustar
Aug 23, 2014, 11:03 PM
I've been seeing this server message in-game (with a yellow window) saying something about 10% which people have been saying is about an affixing boost event? Would anyone be able to confirm this and if so when's it start? Thanks in advance.

We need to reach the point requirement first for the event
http://pso2.jp/players/event/2nd_anniversary/webevent/

Current point

Required point

If it is reached before 8/27

We get the prize on 9/3~9/10

GHNeko
Aug 23, 2014, 11:13 PM
When you attack an enemy with a melee/ranged weapon and its weak against that weapon element, what multiplier is added? Ohpso2 says 1.2x and swiki says 1.2 - 1.3, but I'm not sure.

gigawuts
Aug 23, 2014, 11:16 PM
When you attack an enemy with a melee/ranged weapon and its weak against that weapon element, what multiplier is added? Ohpso2 says 1.2x and swiki says 1.2 - 1.3, but I'm not sure.

As a general rule

If it's weak to 2 elements, both are 1.2
If it's weak to 1 element, it's 1.3

There are exceptions, most notably vol, quartz, etc. Their resists are bizarre.

Remember that this only applies to the elemental portion, not the weapon's raw or the player's base stats/affixes/setbonuses/mag/etc.

Amakuni
Aug 24, 2014, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the answer guys .. i guess that would be faster to had create a thread finally .

somedude1435
Aug 24, 2014, 01:17 AM
what rifles are suppose to be the best? iv been trying to decide on one to aim for(pun intended) but most of the 11star ones seem very close(non-bio wep). I am leaning towards an Mena Alice ? opinions/facts welcome.

Thanks in advnace

NexusAZ
Aug 24, 2014, 01:21 AM
what rifles are suppose to be the best? iv been trying to decide on one to aim for(pun intended) but most of the 11star ones seem very close(non-bio wep). I am leaning towards an Mena Alice ? opinions/facts welcome.

Thanks in advnace

The Mena Alice could be good if you're subbing Gunner, not to say it's bad if you're not. It's just that the latent only works if you have Gunner as a main or sub and have Perfect Keeper. Outside of that, I would suggest the Cheripheed for reduced PP cost, Infinite Corundum for faster PP recovery or the Arao/Evarecasa for the Zero Effort latent.

Xe|da
Aug 24, 2014, 12:25 PM
What is faster: running or dashing?

ashley50
Aug 24, 2014, 12:34 PM
What is faster: running or dashing?
Dashing.

IndigoNovember
Aug 24, 2014, 12:44 PM

Thanks in advnace

Don't forget Hurio Sniff whose potential boosts Weak Point damage and is of equal strength to Mena Alice's at level 3.

Edit:

Not sure how to properly word this one, but I'm wondering if anyone happen to know the following;

Do Automate Half-Line proc at the same time as the Mag HP Recoveries that trigger at 50%?
Or do any of them take place ahead of the other? (e.g separate rolls rather than at same time. And if they are separate rolls, do the mag ones take place before Automate?).

Also in what order does it consume them, Mono->Di->Tri?

Cheers for answers.

I believe they can both activate at the same time, but Automate Half-Line usually seems to occur first, since it doesn't have to wait for the mag to bob up and down before healing you.

It starts with lowest and goes to highest, so your Monomates will be used up first, followed by your Dimates, and finally your Trimates. It's worth considering not bringing any Monomates with you if you have Automate Half-Line since they won't help you very much when it activates.

Rockmanshii
Aug 24, 2014, 01:09 PM
From previous patterns, they didn't update Falz Stone shop with katana or bow when braver came out and never did. Hell, their AQ weapons had to wait until the release of the coast-quarry-seabed set. I guess the fact we're getting their XQ Bio weapons two weeks later is supposed to be nice of them.

Okay thanks for the reply.

Megalomax
Aug 24, 2014, 01:17 PM
I was wondering, where can I download the PSO2 again apart from the official website because my IP is still blocked. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I got it.

umbrellacorp575
Aug 24, 2014, 01:17 PM
I am having a hard time trying to get onto my ship using the pso2 tweaker. i am able to get to the ships but the ship status say unknown then a msg pops up so then i tryed the normal launcher but it give me a error 107. i am needing some help please.

Sara-hime
Aug 24, 2014, 02:19 PM
I am having a hard time trying to get onto my ship using the pso2 tweaker. i am able to get to the ships but the ship status say unknown then a msg pops up so then i tryed the normal launcher but it give me a error 107. i am needing some help please.

Sounds like something my friend is going through atm. With official launcher, the game crashes after selecting Sega ID Login. With Tweaker, the ships come up as under maintenance. We think Norton antivirus may have played a role somewhere.

Elviryand
Aug 24, 2014, 04:32 PM
Hello.
Please help find character voice in this video.
[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zfoBN0vlPY[/spoiler-box]

Xe|da
Aug 24, 2014, 04:56 PM
Where do all the NA people hang out on the JP and SEA versions? Is there a place here on PSOworld where people meet?

Sizustar
Aug 24, 2014, 05:00 PM
Where do all the NA people hang out on the JP and SEA versions? Is there a place here on PSOworld where people meet?

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18

umbrellacorp575
Aug 24, 2014, 05:07 PM
I don't have Norton antivirus on my computer. i have had this problem before and i remember i had the wrong version of the english patch installed and once i installed the correct one. it showed the ship status up. i am going to try and restoring the game but to normal to see if that works.

Sara-hime
Aug 24, 2014, 05:28 PM
I don't have Norton antivirus on my computer. i have had this problem before and i remember i had the wrong version of the english patch installed and once i installed the correct one. it showed the ship status up. i am going to try and restoring the game but to normal to see if that works.

I see, hope that helps. My friend is redownloading the whole thing again himself. A re-install maybe? :(

umbrellacorp575
Aug 24, 2014, 05:49 PM
I see, hope that helps. My friend is redownloading the whole thing again himself. A re-install maybe? :(

yea that didn't work. i guess i have to re install the game again :( dammm

the_importer_
Aug 24, 2014, 10:21 PM
4 Excubes can get a 10* Unit at the Excube Store. question is, can I trade that unit for a 10* Unit pass afterwards at the Recycling Shop? Cirnopedia mentions you can't do that with 10* weapons from the Rare Stone Store, but doesn't mention Units in the Excube Store. Should I risk it?

HaxMega
Aug 24, 2014, 10:22 PM
4 Excubes can get a 10* Unit at the Excube Store. question is, can I trade that unit for a 10* Unit pass afterwards at the Recycling Shop? Cirnopedia mentions you can't do that with 10* weapons from the Rare Stone Store, but doesn't mention Units in the Excube Store. Should I risk it?

You can't do that. Play Tower Defense when it comes up, it gives alot of 10* units.

the_importer_
Aug 24, 2014, 10:29 PM
You can't do that. Play Tower Defense when it comes up, it gives alot of 10* units.

I figured as much, looked too easy, just wanted to make sure. BTW, this Tower Defense quest, is it for SHard only? If not, do 10* unit drop in VHard?

Thank you

HaxMega
Aug 24, 2014, 10:34 PM
I'm fairly sure 10* units drop in VH on TD

the_importer_
Aug 24, 2014, 10:57 PM
I'm fairly sure 10* units drop in VH on TD

Good enough for me, I'll give it a try next time I see it.

WildarmsRE5
Aug 24, 2014, 11:11 PM
I'm pretty sure even in N, units drop like 3 or 4.

starwind75043
Aug 25, 2014, 12:04 AM
To move on to the next matter board do i need to hit 100%?

Or just unlock all the Yellow important ones?

Daiyousei
Aug 25, 2014, 12:21 AM

just unlock yellow important ones

Sizustar
Aug 25, 2014, 01:14 AM

Unlock yellow one, and clear the story mission all path of it.

Achelousaurus
Aug 25, 2014, 06:27 AM
I'm pretty sure even in N, units drop like 3 or 4.
Don't know the amount but a friend definitely just got a 10* unit in a normal TD.

Also, this may have been asked already but do rare drop boosters affect the drop rate of discs?

airprinzh2o
Aug 25, 2014, 11:04 AM
Can anyone explain or link me to a guide (preferrably video or written guide with screen shots) on how to complete Lillipa Time Attack WITHOUT using the jump pad shortcut towards the end of Area 2? I usually do it solo, if I accidentally trigger the alarm and couldn't make it in time to step on the 2 switches, then I will be lost. All the youtube videos I watched used the shortcut...

Aquanos
Aug 25, 2014, 11:25 AM
So I got into this thing with some friends about wasting money on non-gear stuff and ever since then I've had this mind set to where i'll put all my money towards gear. so far I've made a 5s weapon. I've got a 5s unit too but it doesn't have any affixes on it yet besides soul.

I'm going through a withdraw and want to buy costumes and accessories.

TL;DR
Would this unit sell for the price of a average 5 slot quartz soul or would it be more because its PP gear?
[SPOILER-BOX][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mT678Uz.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Edit

Gonna add to this.
Cirno doesn't say anything about obtaining Units from rare or regular codes on SH. Does a code have to be rare in order to obtain certain units?

KuroNeko77
Aug 25, 2014, 11:33 AM
Can anyone explain or link me to a guide (preferrably video or written guide with screen shots) on how to complete Lillipa Time Attack WITHOUT using the jump pad shortcut towards the end of Area 2? I usually do it solo, if I accidentally trigger the alarm and couldn't make it in time to step on the 2 switches, then I will be lost. All the youtube videos I watched used the shortcut...

I don't know about a guide, but the Japanese wiki has a map showing the switches' locations for both the normal path and the shortcut.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/22877.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Green > Cyan (by taking the teleporter in E-3) > Yellow > Blue might be a good order.

airprinzh2o
Aug 25, 2014, 11:46 AM
I don't know about a guide, but the Japanese wiki has a map showing the switches' locations for both the normal path and the shortcut.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image/22877.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Green > Cyan (by taking the teleporter in E-3) > Yellow > Blue might be a good order.

Cool Thanks a lot!

horseship
Aug 25, 2014, 11:51 AM
So I got into this thing with some friends about wasting money on non-gear stuff and ever since then I've had this mind set to where i'll put all my money towards gear. so far I've made a 5s weapon. I've got a 5s unit too but it doesn't have any affixes on it yet besides soul.

I'm going through a withdraw and want to buy costumes and accessories.

TL;DR
Would this unit sell for the price of a average 5 slot quartz soul or would it be more because its PP gear?
[SPOILER-BOX][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mT678Uz.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Edit

Gonna add to this.
Cirno doesn't say anything about obtaining Units from rare or regular codes on SH. Does a code have to be rare in order to obtain certain units?

Well yeah, of course it's gonna be worth more because it's Gloam. How much more? I'd say at least the base cost of that unit + the cost of 5s quartz, maybe add 200-500k due to affix costs. Maybe a sucker will buy for 1m more, who knows. If you used 2 quartz fodders to make that, you might take a bit of a loss, since at 5s it's probably cheaper to use soul receptor than it is to actually make fodders.

I have no idea on your second question, but most of the e-code units are incredibly rare, except for folly. If you're hunting for any of the the top tier 10*s, you can probably find them in XQ with the exception of Gwanman, which I don't believe drops in XQ. Not sure if there's any others that don't drop in XQ, but e-code farming is almost beyond futile for the best units. That said though, this really isn't an answer to your question. I know folly comes from Code: Fortune, which is... always rare? Not sure if that helps.

ShinobuVamp
Aug 25, 2014, 12:19 PM
May I know if I download the Mega links for Prepatch manually... after having 4 parts of the prepatches in preparation for Episode 3, what should I do next in order to install them into the right folder?

Poyonche
Aug 25, 2014, 03:54 PM
I also have a question with prepatch. :p

Before downloading the final patch of EP3, Should I select all the files in the -precede folder then put them in the normal folder (data/win32)?

Sorry if this question has been asked 14984897 times. :(

HeyItsTHK
Aug 25, 2014, 05:06 PM

When soloing, don't hit green, just clear the way (I trigger the alarm on purpose. Two spars and two gilnaches are nothing). On your way back from hitting blue, hit green then you can hit both switches without any worry.

airprinzh2o
Aug 25, 2014, 05:22 PM
When soloing, don't hit green, just clear the way (I trigger the alarm on purpose. Two spars and two gilnaches are nothing). On your way back from hitting blue, hit green then you can hit both switches without any worry.

Oh this is a good idea too! Thanks

Metalsnake27
Aug 25, 2014, 06:30 PM
I'm still trying to understand crafting and when it stops becoming beneficial...

Trying to decide if I should try to get a 9* or (possibly a 10* weapon if I can, but not likely) and focus on upgrading that... or continue to upgrade my current crafted Katana?

Mainly because the damage variance on crafted weapons is insane, I know it doesn't matter for low rarity weapons (this Katana is only a 3*)

Obviously, getting a decent 10* would be better, but I don't think I'm going to be able to get my hands on one for quite sometime.

WildarmsRE5
Aug 25, 2014, 07:48 PM
I'm still trying to understand crafting and when it stops becoming beneficial...

Trying to decide if I should try to get a 9* or (possibly a 10* weapon if I can, but not likely) and focus on upgrading that... or continue to upgrade my current crafted Katana?

Mainly because the damage variance on crafted weapons is insane, I know it doesn't matter for low rarity weapons (this Katana is only a 3*)

Obviously, getting a decent 10* would be better, but I don't think I'm going to be able to get my hands on one for quite sometime.I'd rather just keep using the crafted one until you get a decent 10* or 11*, perhaps Bio Katana (11*) is a good choice and fairly accessible to all players as well.

Shiyo
Aug 25, 2014, 09:15 PM
If I'm using a light spell vs a darker weak to light, does weak stance from braver proc off that?

Kondibon
Aug 25, 2014, 09:54 PM
If I'm using a light spell vs a darker weak to light, does weak stance from braver proc off that?Yup. /5char

chaosheal
Aug 25, 2014, 10:25 PM
Hello there, basicly I've read about abilities and how to add them on cirnopedia but there are some things I didn't really get.

- I couldn't find a section where they explain how to add slots to items, how is that done?
- Didn't find how to add a soul either and/or boost said soul
- Also, how can I see the risk I have of losing abilities on an item when I'm trying to add new ones?

thanks in advance!

Metalsnake27
Aug 25, 2014, 10:49 PM
I'd rather just keep using the crafted one until you get a decent 10* or 11*, perhaps Bio Katana (11*) is a good choice and fairly accessible to all players as well.

Ok, makes sense. Now I actually have a 6* Katana laying around in my inventory... was wondering if I should craft that just for the slightly higher stats? Might be a bit harder to grind to +10 though lol.

Also a bit tougher for me because I'm Braver lol.

WildarmsRE5
Aug 26, 2014, 01:25 AM
nah, just stick to what you're using now, you'll just pool more money into something useless that you'll replace sooner or later.

Sizustar
Aug 26, 2014, 03:54 AM
Hello there, basicly I've read about abilities and how to add them on cirnopedia but there are some things I didn't really get.

- I couldn't find a section where they explain how to add slots to items, how is that done?
- Didn't find how to add a soul either and/or boost said soul
- Also, how can I see the risk I have of losing abilities on an item when I'm trying to add new ones?

thanks in advance!

1. You add on extra ability by choosing an ablity that it doesn't have to the current available slot, using ability that is on the main gear and fodders.
2. Soul require two of the same soul, or Soul receptor, X-Atk boost are item from AC scratch that you can buy from Player shops, they give 100% chance on an exisiting slot.
3. The success is shown by DUDU or Monica

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2014, 03:58 AM

Before downloading the final patch of EP3, Should I select all the files in the -precede folder then put them in the normal folder (data/win32)?

Pls.

Also anyone else having connection issues with Proxy/PingZapper ?

chaosheal
Aug 26, 2014, 04:13 AM
1. You add on extra ability by choosing an ablity that it doesn't have to the current available slot, using ability that is on the main gear and fodders.
2. Soul require two of the same soul, or Soul receptor, X-Atk boost are item from AC scratch that you can buy from Player shops, they give 100% chance on an exisiting slot.
3. The success is shown by DUDU or Monica

So basicly if I got that right I can only change the abilities of an item according to the number of abilites it already has? For exemple, if I have an item with 3 abilities then i can add up to 3 abilites on it maximum or a 4th with lower chances of success Or if I have another item who doesn't have any abilities I could only add one with a lower chance of success?

I can't just add an empty ability slot?

Sizustar
Aug 26, 2014, 04:40 AM
So basicly if I got that right I can only change the abilities of an item according to the number of abilites it already has? For exemple, if I have an item with 3 abilities then i can add up to 3 abilites on it maximum or a 4th with lower chances of success Or if I have another item who doesn't have any abilities I could only add one with a lower chance of success?

I can't just add an empty ability slot?

Pretty much.
And also the item need to be the same type and have same number of slots.

ZerotakerZX
Aug 26, 2014, 04:52 AM
Hello, fellas.
I've got weapon with 'Restraining Crystall' potential, but I can't find info about it. It supposed to boost enemy-freezing rate, but... how much? I'm not sure if I wanna mess with my weapon, if it gives like 1%. If somebody have this potential unlocked in a weapon, then can you please tell me how good effect is? Can you even tell the difference?

Ordy
Aug 26, 2014, 05:14 AM
May I know if I download the Mega links for Prepatch manually... after having 4 parts of the prepatches in preparation for Episode 3, what should I do next in order to install them into the right folder?

1. Wait for the maintenance
2. Copy (don't Cut/paste, it's always safer to keep a backup) all the files from the "_precede" folder to "pso2_bin/data" folder"
3. Overwrite existing files
4. Wait for the end of the maintenance
5. Patch the game
6. Play EP3

Hello, fellas.
I've got weapon with 'Restraining Crystall' potential, but I can't find info about it. It supposed to boost enemy-freezing rate, but... how much? I'm not sure if I wanna mess with my weapon, if it gives like 1%. If somebody have this potential unlocked in a weapon, then can you please tell me how good effect is? Can you even tell the difference?

Can't find any info about the freeze rate increase on japanese wiki. But either way, that latent is pretty bad and not worth the investment.

Removing the freeze status of a target when attacking it kinda kills the whole purpose of freezing them to begin with. At this point, Freeze is probably the worst Status Effect in PSO2.

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2014, 05:20 AM
1. Wait for the maintenance
2. Copy (don't Cut/paste, it's always safer to keep a backup) all the files from the "_precede" folder to "pso2_bin/_data" folder"
3. Overwrite existing files
4. Wait for the end of the maintenance
5. Patch the game
6. Play EP3

Can't find any info about the freeze rate increase on japanese wiki. But either way, that latent is pretty bad and not worth the investment.

Removing the freeze status of a target when attacking it kinda kills the whole purpose of freezing them to begin with. At this point, Freeze is probably the worst Status Effect in PSO2.

Alright, thank you very much ! :D

WNxTyr4el
Aug 26, 2014, 06:01 AM
I've already downloaded a few pre patches but missed I think two. If I don't get a chance to download those prior to tomorrow's maintainence, what will happen when I go to patch?

If I do find time to patch up before ep3, since I've missed two pre patches, do I have to download one manually or will they both download?

Thanks!

suzaku0zero0
Aug 26, 2014, 06:06 AM
Will the range of exp penalty increase ep3? ( I remembered someone mentioning it)

What is the currenty exp penalty?

Achelousaurus
Aug 26, 2014, 06:16 AM
Ok, makes sense. Now I actually have a 6* Katana laying around in my inventory... was wondering if I should craft that just for the slightly higher stats? Might be a bit harder to grind to +10 though lol.

Also a bit tougher for me because I'm Braver lol.
Grinding gives the bigger boost.

Also, Bio Katana takes a long time to get and you need a high lvl and good gear.
Best would be to check the player shop for a good 7-9* katana you can afford.
Red / Blue Katana are good early on and you can also extend them without losing anything (as they have 45% damage variance to begin with).
Just be careful because their equipment requirements could get too high.

For example lvl 4 extended Blue Katana requires 450 dex, which you can only get at a lvl where you should be using far better gear.

Daiyousei
Aug 26, 2014, 06:55 AM
I've already downloaded a few pre patches but missed I think two. If I don't get a chance to download those prior to tomorrow's maintainence, what will happen when I go to patch?

If I do find time to patch up before ep3, since I've missed two pre patches, do I have to download one manually or will they both download?

Thanks!

you just have more to download when the update comes, if I rememeber there are manual pre-patches available in that thread Manta Oyamada started.

Ordy
Aug 26, 2014, 07:03 AM
Will the range of exp penalty increase ep3? ( I remembered someone mentioning it)

What is the currenty exp penalty?

The current exp penalty:

Level difference -> EXP
================
15 (or less) ----> 100%
16 ---------------> 68%
17 ---------------> 66%
18 ---------------> 64%
19 ---------------> 62%
20 ---------------> 60%

It used to be 11+ just 3 months ago, so I don't think Sega would change it again with EP3. All I know about ep3 exp is that we are getting an extra party exp bonus and TCO exp bonus.

ZerotakerZX
Aug 26, 2014, 07:30 AM
Figures. Well, thanks for the reply.

airprinzh2o
Aug 26, 2014, 11:12 AM
What are the effects the rankings (S, A, B, or C) at the end of quests? I know it affects the amount of exp/money you get from the quest completion, but, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't those very minimal? When people die during quests, especially EQ boss fights, some will spam "rez me, rez me" instead of re-spawning from campship and come right back. Is it because they don't want their quest rankings to drop? Or does it affect item drops somehow?

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 11:26 AM
What are the effects the rankings (S, A, B, or C) at the end of quests? I know it affects the amount of exp/money you get from the quest completion, but, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't those very minimal? When people die during quests, especially EQ boss fights, some will spam "rez me, rez me" instead of re-spawning from campship and come right back. Is it because they don't want their quest rankings to drop? Or does it affect item drops somehow?The rankings are only important for COs. I believe your rank in TD affects your drops at the end, but you'd have to ask someone else about that.

People ask to be resed because if the boss dies while they're dead or on their way back then they won't get credit.

GHNeko
Aug 26, 2014, 11:28 AM
It's because if they respawn at campship, that's at least 10-20 seconds or maybe even more if running on a toaster with poor internet speeds, that you'll not be in the vincinity of the fight which is a huge window for a boss to suddenly die and you lose all EXP and drops.

Its faster to get ressed, and even if the boss dies when you die, you at least get drops. That's not the case if you're in the campship when the boss dies.

EDIT: NINJA'D

airprinzh2o
Aug 26, 2014, 11:34 AM
People ask to be resed because if the boss dies while they're dead or on their way back then they won't get credit.

It's because if they respawn at campship, that's at least 10-20 seconds or maybe even more if running on a toaster with poor internet speeds, that you'll not be in the vincinity of the fight which is a huge window for a boss to suddenly die and you lose all EXP and drops.

I see, so it is the drops~ thx for the replies

vazzz
Aug 26, 2014, 01:18 PM
So im just wondering i know the games in main, I did all the prepatching through tweaker etc, my question is are you supposed to be able to still get to log in screen or is it normal for it to just lock in black screen? im used to vita ;p I just want to make sure i did everything right. also i dont have to move any of the prepatch files if i did through tweaker right?

Ordy
Aug 26, 2014, 01:37 PM
Wait for the maintenance to end.

Then launch the tweaker and if AIDA has common sense, the tweaker should detect an existing prepatch folder and copy the pre-patch files to the game folder and THEN download the last ep3 files (1.1 GB according to bumped).

HeyItsTHK
Aug 26, 2014, 01:59 PM
In the event that doesn't work just copy the data folder in the _precede folder and paste it into pso2 folder where the data folder is located

Shinamori
Aug 26, 2014, 02:00 PM
Wait for the maintenance to end.

Then launch the tweaker and if AIDA has common sense, the tweaker should detect an existing prepatch folder and copy the pre-patch files to the game folder and THEN download the last ep3 files (1.1 GB according to bumped).

So, I have to wait until 4am...?

Sacrificial
Aug 26, 2014, 02:05 PM
you can also install the prepatches now and then download the remaining files after MT and install those then.
Some say it messes up stuff but it worked for me at ep2.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 26, 2014, 02:10 PM
How are people taking pictures of thier char doing PAs without the just attack cursor popping up? Unless the ss was taken just before or after it came up :o

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 02:16 PM
How are people taking pictures of thier char doing PAs without the just attack cursor popping up? Unless the ss was taken just before or after it came up :oPress the button again early. The easiest way is to just spam it.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 26, 2014, 02:59 PM
Press the button again early. The easiest way is to just spam it.

Fair enough if I spam print screen most will come out looking blurred but im sure thats just because of what im using.

Sure high end desktop dont hve that problem

Kondibon
Aug 26, 2014, 03:03 PM
Fair enough if I spam print screen most will come out looking blurred but im sure thats just because of what im using.

Sure high end desktop dont hve that problemErrr, I meant spam the attack button, sorry. If you miss a JA then the circle goes away.

Also, if your screenshots come out blurry that might be because you have motion blur on.

Dark Emerald EXE
Aug 26, 2014, 03:05 PM
Hmm I should look into that but usually if im moving itll blur sometimes non moving pictures dont do that obviously lol

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2014, 03:09 PM
OI oi, I and my dad are downloading the Episode 3 patch, it was supposed to be a 1,1Gb Patch with Prepatch right ?

NOPE !
I have to download 2.4Gb, my dad has to download 3Gb.

vazzz
Aug 26, 2014, 03:14 PM
so you cant download the rest of the patch untill maintinence ends? like on vita u can b4 ;x... there must be a way

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2014, 03:14 PM
Well I'm able atm, im downloading it on Vita AND on PC

airprinzh2o
Aug 26, 2014, 03:26 PM
OI oi, I and my dad are downloading the Episode 3 patch, it was supposed to be a 1,1Gb Patch with Prepatch right ?

NOPE !

It's 1.1GB IF pre-patched. Maybe you guys missed some of the pre-patch downloads? There were total of 4. So I'm guessing you missed 2 and your dad missed 3.

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2014, 03:28 PM
Maybe, but I'm sure I have downloaded the 4 pre patches. :0

Anyway I don't really care, I download at 1.8 Mo/s lol

airprinzh2o
Aug 26, 2014, 03:34 PM
Maybe, but I'm sure I have downloaded the 4 pre patches. :0

Anyway I don't really care, I download at 1.8 Mo/s lol

That's good. I wouldn't mind how big the download is either, I just hope the tweaker can detect, download, and launch with no problem so all I need to do is click some buttons.

So what do I have to do? Just launch the tweaker as usual?

KuroNeko77
Aug 26, 2014, 03:39 PM
ATM I have to download 1.08GB, already having the 4 pre-patches... I hope I'm not missing anything.

By the way, anyone know a good way to force a boosted boss to appear ? I've been trying to get a Gwana in the desert field for ages but it won't show up.
Lottie's CO has been sitting i my list since forever now...

Evangelion X.XX
Aug 26, 2014, 03:49 PM
As for encountering boosted bosses, I'm pretty sure that one just has to get lucky.

Metalsnake27
Aug 26, 2014, 03:51 PM
Grinding gives the bigger boost.

Also, Bio Katana takes a long time to get and you need a high lvl and good gear.
Best would be to check the player shop for a good 7-9* katana you can afford.
Red / Blue Katana are good early on and you can also extend them without losing anything (as they have 45% damage variance to begin with).
Just be careful because their equipment requirements could get too high.

For example lvl 4 extended Blue Katana requires 450 dex, which you can only get at a lvl where you should be using far better gear.

Yeah I realize that higher level crafting on Braver is tough... but at the same time, yeah I should have better equipment at that point lol.

So Level 5 Extend on a 1-3* is the same as a level 2 Extend on a 7-9*.... if I can find a Red Katana with decent abilities on it I might just extend those out idk. Would cost me 1 less PA Fragment for the same result XD. (IF I can get it to +10 that is)

For now my Level 2 Extend 3* Katana +10 with +45 S-Attack on it is holding me over in the meantime.

Poyonche
Aug 26, 2014, 04:01 PM

NOPE !

I quote to don't be victim of "unread syndrome".

I'm not downloading the EP3 patch atm, just another one, since I chose to check for PSO2 updates and Tweaker restaured my back-ups. :l

Anyway It's not annoying me, I have lot of free time to spend.

Achelousaurus
Aug 26, 2014, 04:03 PM
Sorry, beyond that I don't know much about extending as I extended my blue katana, messed up and had to use a requirements -10% item to be able to equip it again (a viable option though cause they are like 16k only and work 100%) and that's it.

Gotta say, if you have bad luck with the RNG (like me), always buy finished products, I spent 2.5 million (including prices for support items) to max grind my blue Katana and as much again to get my Yuuei to +1 (failing so often that an ample amount of grind success+ and grind risk reductions didn't make a difference).

As for Luther, I heard if you return to campship your drop rate gets lowered a bit but this is just hearsay.

In TD the drops are DEFINITELY based on rank.
With poor ranks I frequently got monomates and dimates in TD3, with S and A rank I got almost only rares.

I also heard the drops are based on your rank in the last wave only (not overall), but this is again hearsay.

And um, I assume rare drop rate boost would only count for discs with 7+ stars?
Though I think at the moment 5* or 6* is max for discs

Metalsnake27
Aug 26, 2014, 04:07 PM
Sorry, beyond that I don't know much about extending as I extended my blue katana, messed up and had to use a requirements -10% item to be able to equip it again (a viable option though cause they are like 16k only and work 100%) and that's it.

Gotta say, if you have bad luck with the RNG (like me), always buy finished products, I spent 2.5 million (including prices for support items) to max grind my blue Katana and as much again to get my Yuuei to +1 (failing so often that an ample amount of grind success+ and grind risk reductions didn't make a difference).

Think I might just continue to extend my 3*, it's really good for what it is and I didn't need to spend a fortune on it to get it to +10 lmao.

Once I get it to around level 5-7 extend (Which at level 7 is 420 Dex requirment) I can probablly start looking for a 9-10* that would work better.

Alternatively I could try to get a Red Katana, pray for the RNG gods for +10, and get that to level 3 extend for the same result. Would be less craftign items I need, but would be hell of a lot more expensive.

Myriarch
Aug 26, 2014, 05:31 PM
Where would I find a update download of the current game without tweaker?

Edit: Also is there a way to change psow names? I chose a really poor one.

ashley50
Aug 26, 2014, 05:41 PM
Where would I find a update download of the current game without tweaker?

Edit: Also is there a way to change psow names? I chose a really poor one.

Just launch the game normally. A pop-up window will appear that'll prompt you to download the update(s).

Myriarch
Aug 26, 2014, 06:48 PM
Just launch the game normally. A pop-up window will appear that'll prompt you to download the update(s).

Thank you it worked.

Now my only problem is changing my psow name.

Skyly
Aug 26, 2014, 07:45 PM
Thank you it worked.

Now my only problem is changing my psow name.

pm a forum mod. They may or may not be able to help.

GHNeko
Aug 26, 2014, 07:52 PM
Question. How much more Satk does a crafted weapon need to be around the same level as a weapon in its same class.

e.g. if i have a weapon that has 500 atk, how much more atk would the crafted version need % wise to be comparable? Isnt it like 25-50% more?

final_attack
Aug 26, 2014, 08:22 PM
Uh ...... a little question again ^^;

Between +30 R-Atk (considering my R-Atk is around 2300) and +50% Melee-range crit rate, which one do you choose? I'm wanna plan my Gu Tree based on some input ^^;

Thank you.

KazukiQZ
Aug 26, 2014, 08:26 PM
^+30 R-atk from the Rare mastery? If yes and you main Gunner, it's a good 1 point skill (not more than that)
And then, crit is RNG based, so IMO it's not that good, but your choice :)

final_attack
Aug 26, 2014, 08:27 PM
Oh, right, I forgot. It's from R-Atk up ^^;
around 5 SP for +30 R-Atk, or 5 SP for ZRC ^^;

I'm sorry for the lack of details ^^;

horseship
Aug 26, 2014, 08:42 PM
Question. How much more Satk does a crafted weapon need to be around the same level as a weapon in its same class.

e.g. if i have a weapon that has 500 atk, how much more atk would the crafted version need % wise to be comparable? Isnt it like 25-50% more?

Assuming the formulas here (http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Formula) are accurate, it depends on how much attack the weapon has compared to your total attack (including affixes, skill tree, etc), your dex, and your enemy's dex, meaning that there's no exact percentage. Crit chance is another factor that comes into play. Unfortunately I don't have any good estimates on how much more attack you would need since I have no idea how much of a factor enemy dex would be. I'm still wondering how they even got this formula in the first place.

KazukiQZ
Aug 26, 2014, 08:48 PM
Oh, right, I forgot. It's from R-Atk up ^^;
around 5 SP for +30 R-Atk, or 5 SP for ZRC ^^;

I'm sorry for the lack of details ^^;
Ah, I see.
IMO, the R-Atk is more preferable.
But do you know that R-Atk Up 3 for Gunner at lv10/10 is +100 R-Atk starting EP3?

Or if you can share your GU tree, it will be easier to give opinion :D

EDIT: Here's mine if it can help, if any:
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/beta/08/v2/skillcalc.php?08eIbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk fctiY6dodBIojHsIbqn8JksSI2000000doIn0000008doboIbI d6cAixJfk00008doIbfGDeBdF4NGAJkhf20000lo00000007oI n0000000lbIo000000fdoIb000000f

GHNeko
Aug 26, 2014, 08:55 PM
Assuming the formulas here (http://ohpso2.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Formula) are accurate, it depends on how much attack the weapon has compared to your total attack (including affixes, skill tree, etc), your dex, and your enemy's dex, meaning that there's no exact percentage. Crit chance is another factor that comes into play. Unfortunately I don't have any good estimates on how much more attack you would need since I have no idea how much of a factor enemy dex would be. I'm still wondering how they even got this formula in the first place.

Yeah I know about that formula. It's just that I was trying to find a quick and dirty value to work with instead of doing math every time I work with crafted weapons.

Like if a rare katana has 500satk, a crafted one would need 50% more satk (750) to have comparable consistency.

Ashvanale
Aug 26, 2014, 08:56 PM
http://puu.sh/b9sfm/5650d7e131.png

After downloading everything through tweaker and Checked my client, i was just wondering What's this i'm supposed to be "Downloading" now Thank you :)

final_attack
Aug 26, 2014, 09:19 PM
Ah, I see.
IMO, the R-Atk is more preferable.
But do you know that R-Atk Up 3 for Gunner at lv10/10 is +100 R-Atk starting EP3?

Or if you can share your GU tree, it will be easier to give opinion :D

EDIT: Here's mine if it can help, if any:
http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/beta/08/v2/skillcalc.php?08eIbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk fctiY6dodBIojHsIbqn8JksSI2000000doIn0000008doboIbI d6cAixJfk00008doIbfGDeBdF4NGAJkhf20000lo00000007oI n0000000lbIo000000fdoIb000000f

Oh, I read about that +100 on R-Atk 3 ...... But I'm still not sure until Ep3 is released ... Because of ...... Well, you know ..... Sega ^^;

Though I think I'll go for GuRa (mainly) or GuHu (should the party need an aggro support) ^^;

This one, considering R-Atk3 is +100 (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/beta/08/v2/skillcalc.php?08kGbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk fdt0dodBIbl2fGK8JksSI2000000doIn0000008dofJbIdeDIo nocFikfbx00008doIbfGD2odKqnGAGKhf20000lo00000007oI n0000000lbIo000000fdoIb000000f)
This one, basic tree (R-Atk 3 is still 50), with 8 SP left ^^; Left over SP is went to ZRC, the rest is R-Atk Up .... or All for R-Atk Up ^^; (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/beta/08/v2/skillcalc.php?08kGbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk fdt0dodBIbl2fGK8JksSI2000000doIn0000008dofJbIdeDIo AocFigfbx00008doIbid2OdKqnGAGKhf20000lo00000007oIn 0000000lbIo000000fdoIb000000f)

Thank you for the reply ^^

Walkure
Aug 26, 2014, 09:55 PM
Someone needs to update the mechanics of rare weapons on that formula page; it's been wrong for a while. Rare weapons don't get bonus DEX; they skip that step entirely and go straight to the cap of using 90% of the weapon's attack.

Yeah I know about that formula. It's just that I was trying to find a quick and dirty value to work with instead of doing math every time I work with crafted weapons.

Like if a rare katana has 500satk, a crafted one would need 50% more satk (750) to have comparable consistency.
I remember doing a bunch of stuff on this, a bit foggy on it since I haven't touched it in months. And if something major changed while I was gone then disregard all of this, but I don't think there's been many fundamental changes.

Essentially, Non-Rares and Crafted weapons have the weapon attack removed, and up to 90% of that attack is restored through having enough DEX (rare weapons skip ahead and go straight to 90%) . The equivalent attack added is twice the difference between your DEX and enemy DEX.

So to have DEX capped on a Non-Rare weapon:
([Required DEX] - [Enemy DEX])*2 = 90%*[Your Weapon ATK]
simplifies to:
[Required DEX] = 45%*[Your Weapon ATK]+[Enemy DEX]

While uncapped, DEX affects minimum damage twice as much as ATK does, but doesn't affect maximum damage. If you neglect crits - and aside from Critical Strike FI, it's totally negligible - then a decent assumption would be that average damage would be the average between minimum and maximum damage. So DEX would be roughly equal to ATK, and thus, you could view the difference between your actual DEX and the required DEX for cap as attack lost, as far as average damage is concerned.

So, to answer your question, as long as you're under the DEX cap:
[Required Compensatory ATK] = [Required DEX] - [Your DEX]
[Required Compensatory ATK] = 45%*[Your Weapon ATK]+[Enemy DEX] - [Your DEX]

I remember bothering to find a L65 Rockbear's DEX, and it was something around 303 or something. Works well enough for a quick and dirty estimate like this.

KazukiQZ
Aug 26, 2014, 10:16 PM
Oh, I read about that +100 on R-Atk 3 ...... But I'm still not sure until Ep3 is released ... Because of ...... Well, you know ..... Sega ^^;

Though I think I'll go for GuRa (mainly) or GuHu (should the party need an aggro support) ^^;

This one, considering R-Atk3 is +100 (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/beta/08/v2/skillcalc.php?08kGbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk fdt0dodBIbl2fGK8JksSI2000000doIn0000008dofJbIdeDIo nocFikfbx00008doIbfGD2odKqnGAGKhf20000lo00000007oI n0000000lbIo000000fdoIb000000f)
This one, basic tree (R-Atk 3 is still 50), with 8 SP left ^^; Left over SP is went to ZRC, the rest is R-Atk Up .... or All for R-Atk Up ^^; (http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/beta/08/v2/skillcalc.php?08kGbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIkbsIk fdt0dodBIbl2fGK8JksSI2000000doIn0000008dofJbIdeDIo AocFigfbx00008doIbid2OdKqnGAGKhf20000lo00000007oIn 0000000lbIo000000fdoIb000000f)

Thank you for the reply ^^
Your tree is rather fine, and I can see what you're aiming for with it.

As for the 2nd tree (if R-Atk Up 3 is still 50), I'll suggest to put all points into Attack PP Restorate, coz faster PP regeneration is kinda nice, and very important during long fight (as example: DF Loser). Even tho you feel you can handle PP management well, you'll never know when extra PP recovered might save your life :D

As addition to my GUHU tree: I use Guld Milla, so instead of Never Give Up and maxed Warcry, I choose HP Up 3 maxed lol

Killerwing
Aug 26, 2014, 10:16 PM
Quick question.
I know there is a 'nw' command you can add to the cut-in picture of your character in order to better give expressions when you take pictures, while hiding that cut-in picture for cleaner screenshot, but I think there is also an additional command you can add to make it last longer right?
Was it something like 's'?

KazukiQZ
Aug 26, 2014, 10:20 PM
@Killerwing

it's s## ,## being the number of seconds it last, the max is 30

so,

as example:

/ci3 3 nw s30 <----for angry face while looking upward, no cut-in that last 30 seconds

or

/ci4 4 nw s5 <----- for sad face looking downward, no cut-in that last 5 seconds

EDIT: Btw, there's also the t# command that control the lighting of your cut-in, 1-5 with 1 being the dimmest. As example /ci2 t5 for a bright and shining face lol

final_attack
Aug 26, 2014, 10:27 PM
Your tree is rather fine, and I can see what you're aiming for with it.

As for the 2nd tree (if R-Atk Up 3 is still 50), I'll suggest to put all points into Attack PP Restorate, coz faster PP regeneration is kinda nice, and very important during long fight (as example: DF Loser). Even tho you feel you can handle PP management well, you'll never know when extra PP recovered might save your life :D

As addition to my GUHU tree: I use Guld Milla, so instead of Never Give Up and maxed Warcry, I choose HP Up 3 maxed lol

Yes, originally, I also thought of getting APPR before .... but, after reading it somewhere, Stun grenade is considered as trap too (dunno about the new Gravity one), so, 20% PP recovery by throwing a grenade should be fine, I think ^^; Though I'm not sure if the grenades is considered a trap unless I try it myself later ^^; Should the grenades won't give PP heal ..... I had to re-consider APPR after trying it again on new tree XD

Well, I guess I'll try the skill trees later :D Got 4 Tree to spare on Gu ^^; Been wondering which one contribute the most for the mpa on TD3 or any future hard to do content ^^;

Thanks for the opinion and advice :)

KazukiQZ
Aug 26, 2014, 10:40 PM
^Why not take both? :3
Both of them are on separate tree, and you also spec into Trap tree over Standing Snipe anyway (I can't comment on Trap tree, never use it lol)

APPR is mainly useful for TMG, but I guess Rifle benefit some too :D

final_attack
Aug 26, 2014, 10:49 PM
Well, I will try some builds on Gu later, and use the one I felt best for general use XD

Though I think, last time I remove APPR was ..... I need some time to look around and thinking what to do next ...... I'm recovering PP on that time ^^;

And ... yes, I think I should change to APPR build on longer fights .... Thanks again XD

GHNeko
Aug 26, 2014, 11:05 PM
Someone needs to update the mechanics of rare weapons on that formula page; it's been wrong for a while. Rare weapons don't get bonus DEX; they skip that step entirely and go straight to the cap of using 90% of the weapon's attack.

I remember doing a bunch of stuff on this, a bit foggy on it since I haven't touched it in months. And if something major changed while I was gone then disregard all of this, but I don't think there's been many fundamental changes.

Essentially, Non-Rares and Crafted weapons have the weapon attack removed, and up to 90% of that attack is restored through having enough DEX (rare weapons skip ahead and go straight to 90%) . The equivalent attack added is twice the difference between your DEX and enemy DEX.

So to have DEX capped on a Non-Rare weapon:
([Required DEX] - [Enemy DEX])*2 = 90%*[Your Weapon ATK]
simplifies to:
[Required DEX] = 45%*[Your Weapon ATK]+[Enemy DEX]

While uncapped, DEX affects minimum damage twice as much as ATK does, but doesn't affect maximum damage. If you neglect crits - and aside from Critical Strike FI, it's totally negligible - then a decent assumption would be that average damage would be the average between minimum and maximum damage. So DEX would be roughly equal to ATK, and thus, you could view the difference between your actual DEX and the required DEX for cap as attack lost, as far as average damage is concerned.

So, to answer your question, as long as you're under the DEX cap:
[Required Compensatory ATK] = [Required DEX] - [Your DEX]
[Required Compensatory ATK] = 45%*[Your Weapon ATK]+[Enemy DEX] - [Your DEX]

I remember bothering to find a L65 Rockbear's DEX, and it was something around 303 or something. Works well enough for a quick and dirty estimate like this.

I love everything about this post.

WHY DONT YOU POST MORE.

WHYYY.

Thank you so much.

...you wouldnt happen to have frame data would you? :wacko:

NexusAZ
Aug 26, 2014, 11:15 PM
I love everything about this post.

WHY DONT YOU POST MORE.

WHYYY.

Thank you so much.

...you wouldnt happen to have frame data would you? :wacko:

You may or may not enjoy this:

PSO2 Damage Calc (http://4rt.info/psod/)

In JP, but you can just translate with chrome/google. :V

Asellus
Aug 26, 2014, 11:25 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I'm fucken sitting here like a kid waiting for Christmas morning.

EspeonageTieler
Aug 27, 2014, 04:42 AM
got 2 questions if any one can answer them yet first does the bouncers swithc strike ( i think thats the name) make it so your basic atks use t-atk instead of s-atk or does it switch so techs use s-atk?

also anyone know if that hair style the male bouncer has is getting added?

Dugs
Aug 27, 2014, 05:49 AM
Perhaps a bit soon to ask, but the hell do you do when you run into Nyau? A friend and I ran into the thing when we were doing the Zesh daily, knocked the sword out, broke it, and then he just beat me up like a crying child. Nothing else happened.

Crystal_Shard
Aug 27, 2014, 06:55 AM
Anyone knows what a error 709 means?

the_importer_
Aug 27, 2014, 08:23 AM
So what's these golden passes that we got? Do they have anything to do with the new Casino?

Shinamori
Aug 27, 2014, 08:45 AM
Go the the Vol Dragon machines.

Sizustar
Aug 27, 2014, 08:45 AM
So what's these golden passes that we got? Do they have anything to do with the new Casino?

You use them to redeem Casino coins.
Use them at the vol dragon macine in the casino to get 100~500 casino coins.

Metalsnake27
Aug 27, 2014, 08:51 AM
You use them to redeem Casino coins.
Use them at the vol dragon macine in the casino to get 100~500 casino coins.

Oh sweet!

I was also looking at some of the stuff at the CC shop and it's pretty nice.

Further more, I noticed the Rare Stone shop has been highly improved. It's so much better organized @_@

Megalomax
Aug 27, 2014, 09:02 AM
Each time I run the launcher, the client opens and closes. Is there a fix? I did a full file check and still get the same problem.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 27, 2014, 09:14 AM
Just logged in and went to shopping area. A choice came up. I assume it's episode select of some sort because one choice says 1&2, and the other says 3?

Matthias1349
Aug 27, 2014, 09:27 AM
How do i download the Japanese version of PSO2 after the DDoS?

the_importer_
Aug 27, 2014, 09:36 AM
I won't be playing the new areas of EP3 until it's translated and until I'm done with EP2, but that being said, can someone list me the new areas/planets and the common elemental weakness of the new monsters in those areas?

Thank you

Hatsodoom
Aug 27, 2014, 09:54 AM
So the Large Files for the English Patch are now incompatable. Any ETA on a fix?

Galax
Aug 27, 2014, 10:58 AM
What does this say? I really have no idea.

http://i.imgur.com/g6YhjJ1.jpg

airprinzh2o
Aug 27, 2014, 11:11 AM
So the Large Files for the English Patch are now incompatable. Any ETA on a fix?

It's incompatible? I was able to launch the game fine WITH the patches, it's working fine for me and the menus are in English. Do you have the most current patches (8/26)?

airprinzh2o
Aug 27, 2014, 11:14 AM
What does this say? I really have no idea.

http://i.imgur.com/g6YhjJ1.jpg

My Japanese isn't superb but I believe first choice is something like continue playing episodes 1 and 2. Second choice is start playing episode 3. I personally chose first one cuz I'm not done with EP1 and 2 yet. With that said I still got a new matter board, but the events aren't triggering. So I guess the system will wait until I finish EP1 and 2 for the EP3 events to start triggering

DJcooltrainer
Aug 27, 2014, 11:17 AM
That's exactly it. Unlike with EP2, you can access EP3 before actually finishing 1 & 2 (and I think you can access EP2 without beating EP1 now, but I might be wrong about that.) I also chose to continue with EP 1 & 2, because I'm not done with all my MBs.

Aussei
Aug 27, 2014, 11:40 AM
Where are all the skill tree threads for Episode 3? Do you really expect me to redo my skill tree all by myself? Hurry up PSO-World.

Stealthcmc1974
Aug 27, 2014, 11:43 AM
Where are all the skill tree threads for Episode 3? Do you really expect me to redo my skill tree all by myself? Hurry up PSO-World.

I'm not too concerned. I've got 3 spare skill tree resets so I'm good.

airprinzh2o
Aug 27, 2014, 11:56 AM

Are the skill trees really that much different from before? I know the placement has changed a lot but the pre-reqs are pretty much the same no? There are new skills added but we also get few SP back from Sega changing some skills to just 1 SP or no SP at all (you get them by default) so you should be able to invest those extra SPs into those new skills.

EDIT: I'm not a very hardcore player though so I don't really look too much into all the calculations behind the "best build" for dealing max damage. But if it is what you were asking then sorry and please just ignore my comment haha.

umbrellacorp575
Aug 27, 2014, 11:58 AM
Hey guys am i need anything now to play pso2 in the us? or to even download the game?Did they do a ip thing to not allow people out of there country to download the game now?

Detrimentalvixen
Aug 27, 2014, 12:01 PM
hey quick question, was hoping to kill off a character for the new Episode (and have killed off one previously) so now i'm stuck with two, but for some reason i can't seem to delete her and Pso2 gives me some odd notice that i don't quite understand since it's in Japanese. Anybody know what that's saying?

And if it is an Issue with Arks Cash, I'm wondering what easy and reliable method is there to obtain it. (Arksportal looks ok but i don't know nor have received news on how trustworthy they are yet).

Aussei
Aug 27, 2014, 12:04 PM
Are the skill trees really that much different from before? I know the placement has changed a lot but the pre-reqs are pretty much the same no? There are new skills added but we also get few SP back from Sega changing some skills to just 1 SP or no SP at all (you get them by default) so you should be able to invest those extra SPs into those new skills.

EDIT: I'm not a very hardcore player though so I don't really look too much into all the calculations behind the "best build" for dealing max damage. But if it is what you were asking then sorry and please just ignore my comment haha.

I have no friggin' clue. All I know is I'm just trying to get my FOTECASEALNEWEARLMARL swag on. I'm just gonna put points into whatever I feel like until someone else does the actual work for best FOTECASEALNEWEARLMARL

solid_snark
Aug 27, 2014, 12:18 PM

The prerequisites have changed, and the biggest thing is that you don't have to sink skill points into useless talents anymore. For instance, in the force tree, after the first three points you have to put into T-ATK up, you can go straight to the elemental mastery of your choice. You also don't have to take Flame tech S Charge in order to get at Tech Charge Advance 2. I freed up about 10 SP due to the new layout. You should check it out: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/

airprinzh2o
Aug 27, 2014, 12:34 PM
The prerequisites have changed, and the biggest thing is that you don't have to sink skill points into useless talents anymore. For instance, in the force tree, after the first three points you have to put into T-ATK up, you can go straight to the elemental mastery of your choice. You also don't have to take Flame tech S Charge in order to get at Tech Charge Advance 2. I freed up about 10 SP due to the new layout. You should check it out: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/

Oh I didn't know it changed that much, cuz for Braver, at least the skills I invested in, the pre pre-reqs are pretty much the same, and I only got like couple SPs back from Just Reversal and Step Attack being default now.

viciousbrandon
Aug 27, 2014, 01:56 PM
Haven't really followed the info on the update, but are the jet boots more of a tech or s-atk weapon?

WNxTyr4el
Aug 27, 2014, 03:20 PM
Haven't really followed the info on the update, but are the jet boots more of a tech or s-atk weapon?

TATK - meaning they require TATK to equip. Whether or not this means their normal attacks are based off of T or S, I'm not sure. SOmeone can clarify

GHNeko
Aug 27, 2014, 03:55 PM
The attacks are based of Tatk normally.

If you get Strike Switch, a BO main only skill, you can swap between having Jet Skates use Tatk and Satk.

EspeonageTieler
Aug 27, 2014, 04:34 PM
does elemental stance make you do more damage against enmies that are weak to what ever element you use?

GHNeko
Aug 27, 2014, 04:41 PM
Yeah. Bonus damage to enemies that are weak against the element oyu attack with.

Yamashii
Aug 27, 2014, 05:09 PM
Anyone know what the Lilipan stamps in the casino do?

WNxTyr4el
Aug 27, 2014, 05:43 PM
My Tweaker is stuck at "Downloading Patch #1"

It successfully copied over the pre-patch files I had and downloaded my backups but is now stuck. Has anyone else had this happen?

What's going on?

Yden
Aug 27, 2014, 05:46 PM
What exactly does Jet Boots Gear do?

GHNeko
Aug 27, 2014, 06:00 PM
Whenever you charge a technique, it fills up 1 gear stock.

While gear is stock level 2 or above, your skate attacks will shoot out elemental attacks which increase range and I think deal more damage.

It will slowly decrease over time, but charging technics and attack enemies will restore stock.

chaosheal
Aug 27, 2014, 06:44 PM
Any infos about the update of the large files? I know AIDA and the rest of the arkslaye team are probably working on it but I'm just curious.

GHNeko
Aug 27, 2014, 08:06 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/iHBtQUp.png[/spoiler-box]

anyone have an idea what potential this is?

SakuRei
Aug 27, 2014, 08:12 PM
Bouncer Question:

Is the Just Reversal PP Recover at lvl 5(20%) worth it? Or is it enough for lvl 1 only? (10%)

Ygdrad
Aug 27, 2014, 08:38 PM
Bouncer has what seems to be the same "Step Advance" skill as the other melee classes, but it's main dodge skill is called "Mirage Step" and not just "Step".

Will Bouncer's Step Advance boost the invincibility time on normal Step form other classes the same way you can with the other melee classes?

If it helps, the JP wiki has this to say on it, but thanks to the odd way translation comes out I can't tell for sure if it works:

ステップアドバンスは他クラスのものと共通だが、Brスキル「スナッチステップ」は適用されな いので注意。

airprinzh2o
Aug 27, 2014, 08:39 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/iHBtQUp.png[/spoiler-box]

anyone have an idea what potential this is?

The description says "during brave stance, critical rate when attacking from the front raises 18%"

BIG OLAF
Aug 27, 2014, 09:34 PM
So, do we not get free daily casino coins like we did in PSU, or am I missing something painfully obvious (probably the latter)?

Also, what's Jet Boot CAST Guy's 4th CO? I can't figure it out.

Sizustar
Aug 27, 2014, 09:37 PM
So, do we not get free daily casino coins like we did in PSU, or am I missing something painfully obvious (probably the latter)?

Also, what's Jet Boot CAST Guy's 4th CO? I can't figure it out.

You get daily gold ticket that you can exchange for casino coin at the Vol Dragon machine(Gives 100~500 coin each ticket)
You can save up to 5 ticket, and do 5 in a row.

Haven't started on the Jet boot CO, can you post a screenshot of it?

BIG OLAF
Aug 27, 2014, 09:40 PM
Here. (http://i.imgur.com/zX7iPsW.png)

Sizustar
Aug 27, 2014, 09:55 PM
Here. (http://i.imgur.com/zX7iPsW.png)

Defeat 20 Black native from the new planet

cherieinblood
Aug 27, 2014, 09:57 PM
can i delete my char without waiting 24 hours?

Metalsnake27
Aug 27, 2014, 09:59 PM
Bouncer Question:

Is the Just Reversal PP Recover at lvl 5(20%) worth it? Or is it enough for lvl 1 only? (10%)

I was wondering this as well.

Honestly, I think it would be in the same position as Just Reversal cover, in that level 1 is enough.

Just guessing though, I personally don't see it being very useful, but I know almost nothing about Bouncer right now.

Another question: Are those 10* Matterboard weapons from the Episode 2 matterboards still there? (Like Kenei for example on MB16) Just curious because of how they all changed.

BIG OLAF
Aug 27, 2014, 10:04 PM
Defeat 20 Black native from the new planet

Okay, thanks.