PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188

Syklo
Dec 27, 2014, 06:17 AM
So yea I'm a level 23 braver but I haven't made any thought yet on skills as I rarely take a look in the class counter what I have is 23 SP to spend can you recommend any skills to spend these on, I'm a Katana braver, and what's a DEX in the skill tree
and I don't get the new block system hard , normal , beginner they were just blocks you can join they didn't specify the level is there a +%EXP if you join a higher level ?
Get katana combat, its JA Bonus and a point in combat escape.

Consider step advance and just reversal hp recovery, if you want them. Maybe snatch step and its JA combo too.

But also focus on one of the stances, then the other.

Block question: This isn't "new". It's been like that for, well, forever. It's just giving names to different blocks (channels) for organisation only. Exception are the PC and PC/vita shared blocks, which have slight differences.

Blocks within each platform thus have no requirements whatsoever. To think that you must be able to access super hard mode to even login to the SH blocks is foolish.

Played other MMORPGs before? You're probably familiar with the general "standard" that is, ch1 is where all the advertising goes and/or is the most populated channel. Similar idea here, except the blocks are given descriptions/names.

Ekhelon
Dec 27, 2014, 10:18 AM
Hello people ^___^!

I was sooo bored with the current market mmos like swtor TSW etc that i was looking for a good MMO out there then i saw a youtube video about phantasy star !! I have heard before of SEGA wanting to make a PC release but i was sure there was only a korean or jp version but didnt know you could actually play :D! So in terms of how to get started or "Things i wish i knew when i started playing PSO2" what would you suggest? Any links?Threads?I would love to get involved with everything in this game both early game and end-game and if i could get any help regarding on what to read/know would be great!!^^

Usually on Mmos i play healer classes with alts for grinding on dps.

So if you have any suggestions or usefull links could you please redirect me to those?

Thanks <3 Ekh!

Atsushi
Dec 27, 2014, 01:22 PM
My main class is Braver and chose Hunter as sub-class. I have gathered many rare hunter class weapons over the time can I use them if my sub class is Hunter ? if not then I will just have to sell them

Anduril
Dec 27, 2014, 02:21 PM
My main class is Braver and chose Hunter as sub-class. I have gathered many rare hunter class weapons over the time can I use them if my sub class is Hunter ? if not then I will just have to sell them
You can only use them if they are multi-/all-class weapons. There are a few weapons that are naturally multi-all-, but you can also craft any weapon and get multi-class effects either through the Add Class support items or through a Great Success. You can check whihc weapons are multi-class through cirnopedia or the pso2 jp wiki.

Witchblade56
Dec 27, 2014, 07:35 PM
When logging in im getting a server time out now.... im using the proxy server listed by aida's help thread. Any help with this would be appreciated

Melodys
Dec 27, 2014, 10:08 PM
Does weapon camo affect dual blades and katana's range? I know it affects launchers and rifles for ras but I wanted to make sure. After all, I was hitting things beyond where the short katana swung with the parasol katana camo.

viciousbrandon
Dec 28, 2014, 12:07 AM
Can someone tell me where this double saber and the dual blade drop?

http://imageshack.com/a/img904/9749/wuGRPf.png

I've been searching the forums and other sites but haven't found anything on it.

Dephinix
Dec 28, 2014, 12:08 AM
Can someone tell me where this double saber and the dual blade drop?

http://imageshack.com/a/img904/9749/wuGRPf.png

I've been searching the forums and other sites but haven't found anything on it.

SWiki for all your troubles.... Seriously.
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%86%E3%83%B3%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A0%E3% 82%BD%E3%82%A6

Both say Desert EQ XH

Vinnchente
Dec 28, 2014, 12:31 AM
Ok i'm a Braver sub hunter. I want to change to bouncer because I can heal and i think elemental or break stance would be great. Which stance should i take up if i want max dmg elemental or break. Also if there are any skill tree guides i can look at, that would be nice.

Also whats the difference between charged shifta/deband and non-charged. Thanks in advanced

Dephinix
Dec 28, 2014, 12:45 AM
Charged just means more ticks. Uncharged is 2, charged is 4, you can craft charged shifta/deband, to do 5 ticks(all are 15 seconds per tick).

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221079
This Bouncer thread is nice, and someone has a guide in their signature. It's definitely worth looking at.

sabitsuki
Dec 28, 2014, 02:01 AM
Is there a stand-alone english patch? _(:3 just wondering, tweaker isn't working for one of my friends

Shadowth117
Dec 28, 2014, 02:02 AM
Is there a stand-alone english patch? _(:3 just wondering, tweaker isn't working for one of my friends

http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=206

Hysteria1987
Dec 28, 2014, 05:07 AM
Ok, so I'm still stumbling my way through affixing, though I'm better than I was (I can't buy pre-affixed in this case as they're 11*, and basically it was about time I learned anyway).

The real trouble/expensive bit begins now- I want to add Modulator and use 'Add Special Ability (PP)' to units that already have 3 slots affixed. My 'plan' so to speak was to add a random 4th unit to all of them, something with a very high chance of success, so I can switch it for Modulator in the next run (along with the 'Add Special Ability (PP)' at this point) without the additional slot penalty.

This is looking to be very expensive, so just figured I'd ask here first- is there anything obvious here I'm missing that would make the job easier? And this is perhaps an obvious noob question, but if I fork out for extra fodders with Modulator on them and use them all at once, I heard this increases the chance from 30% that the Modulator will be affixed - is this true?

Sizustar
Dec 28, 2014, 06:04 AM
Ok, so I'm still stumbling my way through affixing, though I'm better than I was (I can't buy pre-affixed in this case as they're 11*, and basically it was about time I learned anyway).

The real trouble/expensive bit begins now- I want to add Modulator and use 'Add Special Ability (PP)' to units that already have 3 slots affixed. My 'plan' so to speak was to add a random 4th unit to all of them, something with a very high chance of success, so I can switch it for Modulator in the next run (along with the 'Add Special Ability (PP)' at this point) without the additional slot penalty.

This is looking to be very expensive, so just figured I'd ask here first- is there anything obvious here I'm missing that would make the job easier? And this is perhaps an obvious noob question, but if I fork out for extra fodders with Modulator on them and use them all at once, I heard this increases the chance from 30% that the Modulator will be affixed - is this true?

Use this calculator to calculate your success chance
http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/dudu/

rashoood
Dec 28, 2014, 06:18 AM
ok I am still confused about something. How to 100% vinculum.

Just having three makes it 50% only. I thought Anga soul might boost it but seems like no...

Sizustar
Dec 28, 2014, 06:28 AM
ok I am still confused about something. How to 100% vinculum.

Just having three makes it 50% only. I thought Anga soul might boost it but seems like no...

You can't, only system boost, and boost item can raise the success chance.
Why don't you go for Modulator instead?
It's chance is higher 80% chance, and it gives 10 more X-atk and Vinculum

Witchblade56
Dec 28, 2014, 06:35 AM
ok going to ask this one more time.... since it was overlooked. I went and did the walk through on aida's guide... i get into the game and when i select the first timer option or any of the ships I immediately see a server time out error every single time i try to get into the game. As i stated previously i followed Aida's guide, some help would really be appreciated as i would really like to try this game out.

Achelousaurus
Dec 28, 2014, 10:11 AM
Anga Soul does boost vinculum.
I used it already.
You can get to 70% and if you use a 30% boost item (without upslotting) you can get vinculum at 100%.

Vinnchente
Dec 28, 2014, 10:53 AM
For the skill chase advanced, would an element weakness to the enemy be considered as a "status condition?" Also what else would be considered as a status condition.

PokeminMaster
Dec 28, 2014, 11:13 AM
For the skill chase advanced, would an element weakness to the enemy be considered as a "status condition?" Also what else would be considered as a status condition.

Status Conditions are Burn (Fire), Freeze (Ice), Shock (Lightning), Mirage (Wind), Panic (Light), and Poison (Dark)... I know there's also a stun-ish condition, but I do not know if that one counts

But generally, enemies are prone to the status condition of the element they are weak to more than the others, but regular enemies can still be afflicted with just about anything

Fusionxglave
Dec 28, 2014, 11:13 AM
ok going to ask this one more time.... since it was overlooked. I went and did the walk through on aida's guide... i get into the game and when i select the first timer option or any of the ships I immediately see a server time out error every single time i try to get into the game. As i stated previously i followed Aida's guide, some help would really be appreciated as i would really like to try this game out.

hey sorry no one answer your question it has been a drop fest on the game lately and people are trying to get lots of rares for the season.

okay so you get server time out every time you select a ship. By any chance do these ships have unknown status on them.

If you have a VPN working and it still gives you time out then it is probably a small fix.
mostly a fix with trouble shooting is all the real problem.

all you need to do is open tweaker run: analyze problem, Check for Delected/empty files, Check for old/ missing files, and Fix PSO exe, Fix gameguard issues.

if still give you problem; check your e-mail for a sega authenticity message.

there was a DDos attack early in the year and caused a lot of people to loose connection.

Drifting Fable
Dec 28, 2014, 12:02 PM
No way to really further increase my chances on this 12 star affix eh?

http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/dudu/#!/s=ZA01.ZB01.ZC01.ZD01.ZE01&1=RA03.XA02.AA03.ZB01.ZD01&2=VA01.TD05.AC03.ZF01.XA01&3=VA01.ZA01.ZB01.AB03.TA01&4=AA03.TA01.ZD01.ZE01.ZH01&5=AA03.ZA01.ZF01.ZD01.TA01&r=RA03.AA04.FA03.TA01&o=B04.A05

And due to Dudu simulator's limitations, presume that
-Soul receptor is on the same fodder as Gift Receptor (I have the fodder in my hand as we speak).

-Stigma's percentage stands in for Lucky Rise III as they have the same 50% transfer rate because Gift Receptor isn't working properly on the sim.

-and of course we're still on 5% boost.

I could just wait till a 10% day maybe in February or March but even then LR III is still just 90%. Nothing to do but YOLO slot now or later?

.Jack
Dec 28, 2014, 12:28 PM
You can work in 3 power IV's somehow for 100% when using the booster. Or just 2 for 95%.

manthisis
Dec 28, 2014, 02:42 PM
As a Ra/Gu, what skills should i prioritize to max first in the gunner tree? And/or what skills are one point wonders?

I'm going to be using a TMG fairly often

JRDeBo
Dec 28, 2014, 03:34 PM
I just started playing again after a two month break and now whenever I talk to an NPC (or I view a field cutscene) my game become ALMOST completely unresponsive. It is still running, I can change the camera around using the mouse and when I alt+tab then close PSO2 I still get the pop up asking to log out and I can click on it. Outside of that I can't do anything, no moving, no opening menus, nothing. Any idea on what is going on?

rashoood
Dec 28, 2014, 04:16 PM
You can't, only system boost, and boost item can raise the success chance.
Why don't you go for Modulator instead?
It's chance is higher 80% chance, and it gives 10 more X-atk and Vinculum

three modulator is 60%? cool but the price is a bit high lol

Anga Soul does boost vinculum.
I used it already.
You can get to 70% and if you use a 30% boost item (without upslotting) you can get vinculum at 100%.
emm so how do you go about it? 1 item with Anga + 3 items with vinculum?

Fusionxglave
Dec 28, 2014, 06:26 PM
I just started playing again after a two month break and now whenever I talk to an NPC (or I view a field cutscene) my game become ALMOST completely unresponsive. It is still running, I can change the camera around using the mouse and when I alt+tab then close PSO2 I still get the pop up asking to log out and I can click on it. Outside of that I can't do anything, no moving, no opening menus, nothing. Any idea on what is going on?

From what I can say is there some corrupted files. two months is a long time and over time there are some flies that have been change and replace in the newer version.

If you have the newest update there should be no problems.

but if you have not update or run any check files or analyze problems there may be issues.

it is important to run some check files after a long break helps keeps frustration down and out.

KASKADE
Dec 28, 2014, 07:56 PM
Any Fo/Te's want to chime in? Starting to level one now and just wondering a couple things:

1. Currently Fire tree for Fo, planning to go Light & Wind for tech, but not really solid on any route for Tech tree. Was told Dark tree isn't worth it anymore due to Ilmegid nerfs - thoughts on this?

2. Absolutely necessary tech customizations? I remember seeing a list somewhere but I can't find it.

3. Recommended weapon to level up with? I'm thinking an extended rod with a good potential but not sure which are worth it.

4. I heard there's a mag skill that's actually an active PP restore - which is this?

Sorry if all of these have been answered a bunch already!

Dephinix
Dec 28, 2014, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't listen to someone that spammed one tech, personally. Megid and Gimegid do pretty well now, and will overall do better than light/wind imo. Light just doesn't do that much damage in general. Number 3 shouldn't be a big deal, until maybe 50-55.

Bellion
Dec 28, 2014, 08:30 PM
Since I have no idea of what the EN names of those modified techs are, I'll just give you the general benefits to go for and their version numbers:
[SPOILER-BOX]
Foie - Power modifier(3) or Lower PP(1) Version 3 of lower pp is not worth it for crippling your range.
Every other Foie type tech except Ilfoie should be for Power modifier 3.
Ilfoie go either uncrafted or charge time reduction 3.
Shifta - Lower time interval 3

Rabarta - Decreased time interval(3) for extra tick. I mean, you could go for Power 3 as well, I guess. Either one of them ends up increasing your damage somehow.
Gibarta/Ilbarta/Nabarta - Go for Power 3.
Deband - Lower time interval

Zonde - Lower charged time 3
Gizonde - Power 3
Razonde - Power 3
Sazonde - Power 3 and get a dang lightning Elysion.
Zondeel - Increased status ailment chance lvl 2 or 3 for extra meter range.
Nazonde - Power 3
Ilzonde - Lower charge time 3

Razan - Lower charge time 3 to one shot switches, wow!
Sazan - Lower PP and get a wind Elysion.
Nazan - Power 3 and get a wind Elysion.
Zanverse - Lower charge time 3
Ilzan - Meter increase 3

Ragrants - Lower charge time 3 best light deeps.
Ilgrants - Increased speed 3 for lower charge time.
Anti - Charge time reduction 3. People will love you if you have Super Treatment which you should these days.

Megid - Power 3 for speed increase.
Gimegid - Lower charge time 3 for ragrants tier deeps provided the target doesn't move and also -3PP.
Namegid - Power 3
Ramegid/Samegid - Lower charge time 3[/SPOILER-BOX]

Everything else I haven't included is something even I cannot decide for myself.
Also, your mag should get PP Restore J when you get your 1st evolution at level 20. Pretty damn useful.

.Jack
Dec 28, 2014, 09:03 PM
I'm seeing blue names everywhere, what's that about?

Fusionxglave
Dec 28, 2014, 09:06 PM
I would like to thank everyone here on the forums that has helped one another with the quick question thread.

Even though you guys may not received a thanks or feel appreciated from the people you helped.

everyone contributed to make this a wonderful year and a wonderful community.

Also Thanks everyone for helping us noobs out alot and thanks for everyone being respectful and patiencly

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

ashley50
Dec 28, 2014, 09:22 PM

Parties.

Dephinix
Dec 28, 2014, 09:29 PM

In Options>Basic Settings>Other Party Name Settings: If you have it selected as blue, a solid blue will represent anyone outside your party that is in a party. Those without parties will still be white, it seems.

oratank
Dec 28, 2014, 10:59 PM
since Anga Soul boost vinculum.
how about stigma

Alma
Dec 28, 2014, 11:14 PM
^diabo, bayari, siorg boost stigma

LordKaiser
Dec 28, 2014, 11:26 PM
I received a whisper

時々ブラオするのやめたほうがいいよw
気にする人いるからw

Used Google translate but I don't understand what it says anyways.

Bellion
Dec 28, 2014, 11:37 PM
It means you should stop using a Vraolet sometime.
There are people that care, that's why.

A Vraolet is generally considered a leeching weapon if you actually use it to kill stuff with rather than taking it out for boss crystals, so yeah.

milranduil
Dec 28, 2014, 11:58 PM

A Vraolet is generally considered a leeching weapon if you actually use it to kill stuff with rather than taking it out for boss crystals, so yeah.

Too bad we don't have a CO for that :(

Dephinix
Dec 29, 2014, 12:01 AM

Saddening since it seems pretty decent as RA/BR.

LordKaiser
Dec 29, 2014, 12:22 AM
I use it mainly to fill my bar so I can spam torrential arrow since Torrential Arrow works good on mobs after the force use Zondeel.

LOL people gets annoyed for everything. Anyway thanks for the translation.

manthisis
Dec 29, 2014, 12:43 AM
What TMG PA is best for soloing bosses such as Quartz Dragon, where the boss is mobile and it's relatively difficult to get in close range consistently?

Selphea
Dec 29, 2014, 12:51 AM
What TMG PA is best for soloing bosses such as Quartz Dragon, where the boss is mobile and it's relatively difficult to get in close range consistently?

Once upon a time the #1 TMG boss killer used to be Infinite Fire, but it got nerfed pretty badly. If you're really out of options though, try that.

If you don't have enough DPS to stunlock Quartz, you can open the fight by breaking a wing first, then the nose, so that when it does its flying charge it crash lands, giving you a window to use Chain Trigger Satellite Aim to finish it off.

manthisis
Dec 29, 2014, 01:34 AM
Once upon a time the #1 TMG boss killer used to be Infinite Fire, but it got nerfed pretty badly. If you're really out of options though, try that.

If you don't have enough DPS to stunlock Quartz, you can open the fight by breaking a wing first, then the nose, so that when it does its flying charge it crash lands, giving you a window to use Chain Trigger Satellite Aim to finish it off.

By stunlock quartz, do you mean spamming sat aim on each of its parts and breaking them one after the other?

Selphea
Dec 29, 2014, 01:46 AM
Nah just burst the nose. It flinches once it breaks, then it rears its head and goes rawr because it lost enough HP to enter phase 2, then it staggers if you're still DPSing it, and then it dies.

Kind of like this (skip to 4:25)

[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDreQcqD70k&t=4m25s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDreQcqD70k&t=4m25s[/spoiler-box]

Edit: Be careful which rawr it is btw. The first rawr is the start of Phase 2. The second rawr is laser rain.

manthisis
Dec 29, 2014, 03:05 AM
Could someone explain to me how Chain Trigger and Chain Finish work?

Anduril
Dec 29, 2014, 03:12 AM
Using non-PA attacks, you raise the chain counter by hitting the same spot (you have a limited amount of time to continue hitting the chain target before it disappears); once the chain counter is high enough, use a PA and you will do a high amount of damage.

Syklo
Dec 29, 2014, 03:40 AM

Using non-PA attacks, you raise the chain counter by hitting the same spot (you have a limited amount of time to continue hitting the chain target before it disappears); once the chain counter is high enough, use a PA and you will do a high amount of damage.

In addition, the time you have to make another hit on target before it cancels itself decreases as the chain count increases. Also, other people can contribute to the chain count.

And I believe that if you go over 100 chain, it cancels.

FacelessRed
Dec 29, 2014, 03:56 AM
Where are you guys getting your AC and Proxy to access the PSO2 JP website (to thus enter said AC code)?

Anduril
Dec 29, 2014, 04:00 AM
Where are you guys getting your AC and Proxy to access the PSO2 JP website (to thus enter said AC code)?
A lot of people use PSO2es to purchase AC directly. Also, the AC purchase page (https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2), where you can use webmoney codes, is not under the pso2.jp domain, and thus isn't blocked even without the use of a VPN.

FacelessRed
Dec 29, 2014, 04:11 AM
A lot of people use PSO2es to purchase AC directly. Also, the AC purchase page (https://cha.isao.net/profile_oem/OEMLogin.php?product_name=pso2), where you can use webmoney codes, is not under the pso2.jp domain, and thus isn't blocked even without the use of a VPN.

So I can add AC to my account ? Nice, thank you for the information.

Anduril
Dec 29, 2014, 04:17 AM
So I can add AC to my account ? Nice, thank you for the information.
Yep. PSO2es is the easiest and cheapest way since it does it through Google Wallet and thus there is no up-charge. Honestly, the only reason to use webmoney/the AC purchase website anymore is if you can't set up a way to run PSO2es.

FacelessRed
Dec 29, 2014, 04:18 AM
Yep. PSO2es is the easiest and cheapest way since it does it through Google Wallet and thus there is no up-charge. Honestly, the only reason to use webmoney/the AC purchase website anymore is if you can't set up a way to run PSO2es.

I have no way to run PSO2es. lol

Anduril
Dec 29, 2014, 04:23 AM
I have no way to run PSO2es. lol
Have you tried Bluestacks? Or are you one of the unfortunate people who can't get PSO2es to run properly in it? In which case, you will be paying roughly 140% value for AC if purchasing webmoney codes. Either way, here's a guide to navigating the AC purchase site. (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/purchasing-arks-cash-in-phantasy-star-online-2-japan/)

FacelessRed
Dec 29, 2014, 04:31 AM
Have you tried Bluestacks? Or are you one of the unfortunate people who can't get PSO2es to run properly in it? In which case, you will be paying roughly 140% value for AC if purchasing webmoney codes. Either way, here's a guide to navigating the AC purchase site. (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/purchasing-arks-cash-in-phantasy-star-online-2-japan/)

I'm trying it out right now. Thanks for your help, hopefully it will run well.

Annnd... crashes. ;S

Dephinix
Dec 29, 2014, 04:42 AM
In addition, the time you have to make another hit on target before it cancels itself decreases as the chain count increases. Also, other people can contribute to the chain count.

And I believe that if you go over 100 chain, it cancels.

It doesn't cancel, but it will act as if hit with a PA, and you'll lose time if you overshot. That Loser Gu/Br video is a good example of that.

manthisis
Dec 29, 2014, 05:13 AM
Okay and one more thing, could someone compare Gu/Ra to Gu/Hu for me, and perhaps tell me which is better?

Dephinix
Dec 29, 2014, 05:25 AM
I prefer Gu/Ra. It's said Gu/Hu has better overall damage since you don't need to hit weakspots, but I still prefer it, because besides UQ, most enemies just love getting their weak spots hit by gunner, or all ranged, PAs. Against a boss, of course Gu/Ra.

Fixed it, sorry, lol.

manthisis
Dec 29, 2014, 05:29 AM
I prefer Gu/Ra. It's said Gu/Ra has better overall damage since you don't need to hit weakspots, but I still prefer it, because besides UQ, most enemies just love getting their weak spots hit by gunner, or all ranged, PAs. Against a boss, of course Gu/Ra.

Er, did you mean to say Gu/Ra three times? I'm not following lol

oratank
Dec 29, 2014, 05:43 AM
yes gu/ra is better than gu/hu in mpa that don't have any ra.but still you don't know anything about the power of the arks side

FacelessRed
Dec 29, 2014, 06:37 AM
"Skill tree transfer" at the Class Counter attendent.

What does this do exactly?

Dephinix
Dec 29, 2014, 06:52 AM
My assumption was that if you have multiple trees, you can switch their orders. Great for the OCD. I usually fix it with an all skill tree reset though.

FacelessRed
Dec 29, 2014, 07:00 AM
Seems like a huge waste to make that AC

manthisis
Dec 29, 2014, 01:51 PM
Is there an advantage to being Gu/Ra over Ra/Gu other than being able to equip TMGs that Ra mains can't?

Anduril
Dec 29, 2014, 02:13 PM
Is there an advantage to being Gu/Ra over Ra/Gu other than being able to equip TMGs that Ra mains can't?
Stats are identical, save for GU having 4 more HP at 75/75. The only things you lose out on are Sharpshooter and access to all Launchers (though there are some good multi-class ones), but those don't matter if you plan to main TMGs.

Dephinix
Dec 29, 2014, 03:14 PM
Maining Gunner also gives access to Showtime w/ High Time. It lasts for 45s, and the CD is 15s after.
That give's you a build up of damage up to 20% if you don't get hit over 15s. This damage is
unconditional besides not getting hit, with perfect keeper that should be a common thing for you anyways. You can go Ra/Gu, but I'm not sure there are enough PAs to hit at Sharpshooter's range with TMGs, so you'll probably end up relying on another weapon type.

KASKADE
Dec 29, 2014, 07:10 PM
Thanks those who answered my fo/te q's, got another -

So I'm aware of Element Conversion and that ideally there should be a rainbow set. Does this mean for max damage you should only be using, for example, light techs with a 50 light wep against darkers? Are you losing out on much using Fire tech with a 50 light wep? Just a bit confused why light isn't a suggested tree when darkers are everywhere. I would test myself but I've got crafted weapons right now for leveling—the variance is so high I wouldn't be able to tell.

manthisis
Dec 29, 2014, 07:24 PM
yes gu/ra is better than gu/hu in mpa that don't have any ra.but still you don't know anything about the power of the arks side

So, Gu/Hu is better overall since it has more dmg to non-weakspots, but Gu/Ra is good for hitting weakspots as well as having accessibility to WB?

In an MPA where there is a ranger, which would be better?

Selphea
Dec 29, 2014, 08:19 PM
So, Gu/Hu is better overall since it has more dmg to non-weakspots, but Gu/Ra is good for hitting weakspots as well as having accessibility to WB?

In an MPA where there is a ranger, which would be better?

Ultimately Ranger would be better damage. It's not too hard to go for boom headshots, and Ranger's traps help with Sat Aim PP and mobbing. However, it has a higher skill cap.

Hunter is easier because of Massive Automate for uninterruptible chains, and it can tank UQ bosses with War Cry. Also it still has Chain Graptor which should be around for 2 more weeks because there's no maintenance tomorrow.

Achelousaurus
Dec 29, 2014, 08:34 PM
Chain Graptor is still powerful?
Nice, I guess then I should get me a new max damage...

manthisis
Dec 29, 2014, 09:07 PM
I'm currently level 41. Should I go VH falz arms (with exp penalty) or H falz arms? which would give more exp?

Sizustar
Dec 29, 2014, 09:36 PM
The one that you clear quicker.

Kiyumi
Dec 30, 2014, 02:25 AM
Is there any way I can switch my armor without losing hp?

Here Im going from Zieg set --> Loser
[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/dQ6rV/95840b3256.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/dQ6vn/7a87d5b6b5.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

And here going from Loser --> Zieg
[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/dQ6A7/11a1fb78e1.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/dQ6DF/ed1c1773cb.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

My hp keeps going down to 765 for some reason and it doesnt make sense. I could understand if going from Loser --> Zieg I stay at 910/1080, but going down? wtf

Selphea
Dec 30, 2014, 02:29 AM
When you switch units the game treats it as unequipping your previous units, then equipping the new ones, so you get dropped down to your HP without units.

Kiyumi
Dec 30, 2014, 02:31 AM
When you switch units the game treats it as unequipping your previous units, then equipping the new ones, so you get dropped down to your HP without units.

Thats dumb...

So theres no way to avoid that?

Selphea
Dec 30, 2014, 02:32 AM
Afaik no :(

divondestiny
Dec 30, 2014, 02:34 AM
A question, I don't understand how to get the materials for crafting??
I'm a quite a new player hahaha~

Selphea
Dec 30, 2014, 02:39 AM
A question, I don't understand how to get the materials for crafting??
I'm a quite a new player hahaha~

Disassemble 7* and above weapons/units, but check the player shops to make sure they're worthless ones first.

divondestiny
Dec 30, 2014, 02:44 AM
Disassemble 7* and above weapons/units, but check the player shops to make sure they're worthless ones first.
Oh okay~
Thank you so much :D

Dec 30, 2014, 06:12 AM
Hello, should i get standing snipe as a gunner ?
Since i use shift period and satellite aim a lot so i though i can put some point into it :D
And does it work on air ?

Rakurai
Dec 30, 2014, 06:26 AM
Standing Snipe works as long as you don't move at all for about a second, and does trigger in the air.

It also can't trigger during a PA, but if in effect before the PA is used, will apply to the entire PA even if you move.

In any case, it's such a staple skill for Ranger that you should be getting it no matter what.

Shirousagi
Dec 30, 2014, 08:06 AM
So I finished leveling my sub - Hunter - and think about switching to melee while farming UQ. Which weapons and PAs are good for quickly clearing out mobs and dpsing bosses in UQ?

knight1301
Dec 30, 2014, 07:06 PM
Which EQs have XH mode guys?

Kiyumi
Dec 30, 2014, 07:31 PM
Which EQs have XH mode guys?

The ones I can think of immediately are

Subdue Fang Banther (Forest)
Volcanic Guerillas (sp?)
Desert Geurillas
Mining Base 1 (primary)
Christmas event
Dark Falz

Question: I just got some 12* twin daggers that give +% dmg in the air. If I already have 11*, is it worth the expense to + this thing? Ive never had a 12* before, and it cost sooo much to grind. I heard people say it can cost 10m to +10?!?

Ephidiel
Dec 30, 2014, 08:56 PM
it can cost 11* the same amount
i for one grinded the Hollow Gimlet in 1 go with only Grind Risk +1 to 10 with only two failurs and no drops
it's really your decision
it is a stronger weapon and 12* are shinies than 11*
XD

Rakurai
Dec 30, 2014, 09:09 PM
Hollow Gimlet are easily the best non-13* twin daggers at this point.

Whether it's worth using or not depends on how good your current weapon is in comparison.

the_importer_
Dec 30, 2014, 10:01 PM
So for my Techer subclass, should I place 10 points into Shifta Critical or Technique Up 2? On one hand, I get 20% more chance at a crit which does huge damage. On the other hand, I get 75 T-Attack every hit.

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09uAbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm 0jdodBIb00000000jdoIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000000l obniN2SGA2XIc6cKIk00000ioInidcAHNGAIoikGAcA000000I bIo0000008doIb0000008

nathanielzor
Dec 30, 2014, 10:04 PM
So for my Techer subclass, should I place 10 points into Shifta Critical or Technique Up 2? On one hand, I get 20% more chance at a crit which does huge damage. On the other hand, I get 75 T-Attack every hit.

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09uAbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm 0jdodBIb00000000jdoIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000000l obniN2SGA2XIc6cKIk00000ioInidcAHNGAIoikGAcA000000I bIo0000008doIb0000008
You should drop shifta and deband completely, get a second element, get PP convert, and play Fo/Te right. :(

Rakurai
Dec 30, 2014, 10:16 PM
PP Convert should be considered mandatory for any TE sub.

Neither Shifta or Deband Advance are worth taking, as the actual stat contribution they provide is extremely minimal. You're better off taking both Wind Mastery skills, as the extra damage it makes Zanverse deal is far more substantial then what Shifta Advance would give.

Kiyumi
Dec 30, 2014, 10:21 PM
Hollow Gimlet are easily the best non-13* twin daggers at this point.

Whether it's worth using or not depends on how good your current weapon is in comparison.

Oh okay thank you. Im using a 11* Twin Filfin with only 3 abilities and lvl 1 so I guess its not that great. Ill try grinding and see how it goes.

[Edit] Wait a minute. If its not max element wouldnt it always do less damage? my 11* are at 47 light.

KazukiQZ
Dec 30, 2014, 10:24 PM
@Rakurai
To add to that, remove all points from Resta Advance and put all of them into Territory PP Save, making the support techs (Resta/Shifta/Deband/Zondeel) very cheap.

To make up for Resta's loss in heal power, just craft it to Brilliant Resta. Even uncharged Brilliant Resta is sometimes enough to fill up a FO's HP back to full.

the_importer_
Dec 30, 2014, 11:14 PM
You should drop shifta and deband completely, get a second element, get PP convert, and play Fo/Te right. :(

Actually I have a tree for each element. Putting aside the Extreme Quests, the Toy Darkers on planet Harukotan and probably a couple of EQ which mixes up a bit, you only need 5 combinations of elements at any given time:

Fire + Light
Fire + Dark
Bolt + Light
Bolt + Dark
Ice + Light

Before going on a mission, I just pick one of my presets and I'm ready.

As for PP Convert, ya, the PP restoration is great, but the 2 minute cool down just kills it for me. Considering that most of the bosses don't stand still for long or do an attack that requires you to get out of the way, 30 seconds of usage and then having to wait 2 minutes is not worth 10 points in my book. Probably practical for teams of 12 players, but when you solo a lot like I do or just play with 1 friend, you're targeted way to often to stick to 1 spot, so that 30 seconds is wasted.

Not saying I'll never add points to it with future Lv caps, I mean if we get to Lv100 , we'll have at lease 112 points to sort out, but for now, meh.

Rakurai
Dec 30, 2014, 11:40 PM
All of the 12 player bosses and most large bosses provide opportunities to just sit tight and spam Ra Grants/Il Barta/Ra Foie/whatever's appropriate for the situation, and it still helps for plowing through mobs quickly if you have a spammable AoE tech like Gi Foie. PP Convert is still much better then the approximately 40 or so point stat increase maxed Shifta/Deband Advance provides, even if you don't use it often.

I'd also consider taking Rod Keep + Rod Keep Bonus on FO. Being able to store a tech instead of losing it if you have to dodge is a notable DPS boost. Not to mention it lets you prepare a tech with a slow charge time like Il Foie in advance so you can drop it down the instant it's needed. As an additional plus, it works as long as you have a rod equipped on your weapon palette, period, meaning it can work even if your equipped weapon is a talis or wand.

the_importer_
Dec 30, 2014, 11:51 PM
All of the 12 player bosses and most large bosses provide opportunities to just sit tight and spam Ra Grants/Il Barta/Ra Foie/whatever's appropriate for the situation, and it still helps for plowing through mobs quickly if you have a spammable AoE tech like Gi Foie. PP Convert is still much better then the approximately 40 or so point stat increase maxed Shifta/Deband Advance provides, even if you don't use it often.

I think you missed the part when I said that I solo a lot.

I'd also consider taking Rod Keep + Rod Keep Bonus on FO. Being able to store a tech instead of losing it if you have to dodge is a notable DPS boost. Not to mention it lets you prepare a tech with a slow charge time like Il Foie in advance so you can drop it down the instant it's needed. As an additional plus, it works as long as you have a rod equipped on your weapon palette, period, meaning it can work even if your equipped weapon is a talis or wand.

I'll have to see if I can find videos about this. Those 2 points I put in Photon Flare Advance were just for show, my Force is Lv75, but I did not get those 2 extra points from Fo Cubes yet. So if I see it's worth it, I'll just put them there since it's only 2 points, Photon Flare Advance will then have to wait for the next Lv cap.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 31, 2014, 01:19 AM

Criticals barely do any extra damage, actually. You're looking at a couple hundred points more, tops, when you crit. Crits just do the max of your min-max damage. You can do the same amount of damage without a critical, and you're looking at about 5% difference between your minimum damage and your max damage, making crits essentially worthless.

For your build, dump Shifta Advance, dump Resta Advance, dump Deband Advance. 25 SP completely wasted. Shifta Advance adds less T-ATK than T-ATK Up 1. And Deband Advance barely does anything with how little Force gets hit and how much % of its HP is lost on a per hit basis. Resta Advance is overkill when your heals should be easily healing you to max HP.

Grab PP Convert. Staple Techer skill, no Techer skill tree should be without it, period. If you ever use wands (such as Elysion), grab Wand Gear and 1 SP in Wand Lovers. Max T-ATK Up 2 since you're using multiple skill trees, you should maximize your damage for that particular element. After that, it's a toss up between T-ATK Up 1, Shifta Advance (even though it sucks), other elemental masteries (preferably 3 SP, 2 in EM1 and 1 in EM2 for an 11% boost), or TB PP Save.

As for PP Convert, ya, the PP restoration is great, but the 2 minute cool down just kills it for me. Considering that most of the bosses don't stand still for long or do an attack that requires you to get out of the way, 30 seconds of usage and then having to wait 2 minutes is not worth 10 points in my book. Probably practical for teams of 12 players, but when you solo a lot like I do or just play with 1 friend, you're targeted way to often to stick to 1 spot, so that 30 seconds is wasted. .

Most bosses get flinch locked to death if your damage is any good, which makes PP Convert invaluable for keeping said damage up. Making it a top priority solo skill. Having enemy aggro doesn't make a difference if you know what you're doing.

Also the cooldown listed starts from the moment it's active, it's actually a 90s cooldown. That's how all skills with cooldown work, gotta subtract active time first.

I think you missed the part when I said that I solo a lot.

Doesn't make a difference.

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 01:49 AM
@LonelyGaruga

Not that I don't want to believe you on the crit part, but if that's the case, then how can one charge hit with JA do 60 000 while the next one performed exactly the same way does over 100 000? If that's not the effect of a critical hit, then what's responsible for the difference? That can't be just the difference between minimal and maximum damage from my weapon. Hell, my current maximum damage in SH is over 200 000.

Z-0
Dec 31, 2014, 01:58 AM
Weak points. My Ilfoie does 70,000 on a Gold from a Talis, but will do 100,000 if I hit the weakpoint without a JA.

eg (weak point hit):

http://puu.sh/dxX6h/31b2928977.jpg

eg2 (non-weak point hit (75k) and weak point hit (125k, hard to see)):

http://puu.sh/dSP67/c933165dfb.jpg

Garuga is right in this case, criticals just force max damage. It's only more damage with certain latents or skills.

Also if you want to use Elysion and you're a newman / female human, you will need 4 points in S-Atk Up.

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 02:18 AM
Weak points. My Ilfoie does 70,000 on a Gold from a Talis, but will do 100,000 if I hit the weakpoint without a JA.

eg (weak point hit):

eg2 (non-weak point hit (75k) and weak point hit (125k, hard to see)):

Garuga is right in this case, criticals just force max damage. It's only more damage with certain latents or skills.

Also if you want to use Elysion and you're a newman / female human, you will need 4 points in S-Atk Up.

So you're saying that if I attack it's weak spot, that I will inflict massive damage?

8 year old joke aside, I like numbers. Do you have any data that would show me the damage amount with and without Shifta, Critical Hit and Weak spot of the same boss or anything close to that?

As for Resta, my HP is currently over 1000 with either class as my main one. Can a charge Resta heal 1000 HP in one go without a weapon that concentrates on increasing Resta effects?

Sizustar
Dec 31, 2014, 02:23 AM
So you're saying that if I attack it's weak spot, that I will inflict massive damage?

8 year old joke aside, I like numbers. Do you have any data that would show me the damage amount with and without Shifta, Critical Hit and Weak spot of the same boss or anything close to that?

As for Resta, my HP is currently over 1000 with either class as my main one. Can a charge Resta heal 1000 HP in one go without a weapon that concentrates on increasing Resta effects?

Depends on how you craft it, it can heal alot of HP total(One big heal, or multiple quick smaller heal)

And Critical isn't useful unless you go into crafted gear, since crit doesn't increase max damage, unless you go Fi or Bo with the skill.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 31, 2014, 03:27 AM

Shifta: Take your base attack. Look at your Shifta modifier. Level 17, for example, is 197. This means 19.7% of your base attack is added to your current total. Take Shifta Advance. Multiply Shifta by the Shifta Advance value. With 10 SP, it's a 1.25% modifier, which makes it 24.625% of your base attack being added. If you have 1000 T-ATK, which is roughly expectable from a female Newman with a min-maxed damage build, you get 197 T-ATK from Shifta without Shifta Advance, and 246 with it maxed. For 10 SP, you get 49 T-ATK. You can get higher T-ATK than that, so Shifta Advance technically adds more T-ATK than T-ATK Up 1, but T-ATK Up 1 adds to your base stats, which makes your Shifta add more T-ATK, so it's still functionally weaker. And T-ATK Up 1 is not a good investment at all for damage.

For the record, this is also how team drinks and Shifta drinks work. Base stats only.

Critical hit: Normally, your minimum damage is what your max damage would be, calculated with 90% of the attack stat of the weapon you're equipped with. Exceptions are 1-6*s, red/blue weapons, and crafted weapons. So if you had about 1000 ATK on your weapon, the lowest your damage will ever be will be calculated as if you had a 900 ATK weapon equipped. All a critical hit does is guarantee that you will do your max damage for that hit. Since rods vary around 1000-1200 T-ATK (with Ares Rod being nearly 1500), your minimum damage will generally be as if you had 100-120 T-ATK missing, which is roughly 5-6% damage. This means your average damage is basically 97-97.5% of what you actually do. On average, Shifta Critical would boost your damage by 2.5-3%, 20% of the time, which isn't even a 1% increase to your average damage.

Weak points: These are almost always x2 damage. Each enemy has different hitzones, but that's an almost universal rule.

Resta: If you have 1000 HP then you don't need to worry much about healing, but you should be getting about 400+ a tick on a charged Resta without Resta Advance or crafting (Resta is affected by Shifta, Shifta Drink, etc). Otherwise, you should get more T-ATK affixed or on your skill tree. Either way, Resta Advance is one of the worst skills on the Techer tree. Only thing worse is T-DEF Up, I would say.

oratank
Dec 31, 2014, 05:30 AM
are those 11* daily craft from osa lisa and maru will make them equip those weapon?

Rakurai
Dec 31, 2014, 06:24 AM
No.

They're the only method of getting the 30% crafting boosters other then title rewards, though, and that particular set of daily crafts is only available on the 31st of a month (Meaning they're not even available every month).

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 10:21 AM
Shifta: Take your base attack. Look at your Shifta modifier. Level 17, for example, is 197. This means 19.7% of your base attack is added to your current total. Take Shifta Advance. Multiply Shifta by the Shifta Advance value. With 10 SP, it's a 1.25% modifier, which makes it 24.625% of your base attack being added. If you have 1000 T-ATK, which is roughly expectable from a female Newman with a min-maxed damage build, you get 197 T-ATK from Shifta without Shifta Advance, and 246 with it maxed. For 10 SP, you get 49 T-ATK. You can get higher T-ATK than that, so Shifta Advance technically adds more T-ATK than T-ATK Up 1, but T-ATK Up 1 adds to your base stats, which makes your Shifta add more T-ATK, so it's still functionally weaker. And T-ATK Up 1 is not a good investment at all for damage.

For the record, this is also how team drinks and Shifta drinks work. Base stats only.

Critical hit: Normally, your minimum damage is what your max damage would be, calculated with 90% of the attack stat of the weapon you're equipped with. Exceptions are 1-6*s, red/blue weapons, and crafted weapons. So if you had about 1000 ATK on your weapon, the lowest your damage will ever be will be calculated as if you had a 900 ATK weapon equipped. All a critical hit does is guarantee that you will do your max damage for that hit. Since rods vary around 1000-1200 T-ATK (with Ares Rod being nearly 1500), your minimum damage will generally be as if you had 100-120 T-ATK missing, which is roughly 5-6% damage. This means your average damage is basically 97-97.5% of what you actually do. On average, Shifta Critical would boost your damage by 2.5-3%, 20% of the time, which isn't even a 1% increase to your average damage.

Weak points: These are almost always x2 damage. Each enemy has different hitzones, but that's an almost universal rule.

Resta: If you have 1000 HP then you don't need to worry much about healing, but you should be getting about 400+ a tick on a charged Resta without Resta Advance or crafting (Resta is affected by Shifta, Shifta Drink, etc). Otherwise, you should get more T-ATK affixed or on your skill tree. Either way, Resta Advance is one of the worst skills on the Techer tree. Only thing worse is T-DEF Up, I would say.

Excellent data as always, thank you. I'll be putting this with the Gravirion vs Ares Rod data that you gave me :) (neither which I was able to find unfortunatly :(, these drops rates are sad)

Only question remains, any ideas when the next All Skill Tree Reset Pass will be given?

EDIT: Never mind, recalled that my premium ended tonight, so I loaded 3000 instead or 2000 and bought a couple of skill trees for my Techer. BTW, regarding T-DEF Up, I would say that it's probably more practical than Reverser Field :p

reaper527
Dec 31, 2014, 11:54 AM
on magatsu, is it better to kill a face as soon as it is exposed, or to expose it and then move onto exposing the next one? (or does it not make a difference)

Aquanos
Dec 31, 2014, 12:08 PM
Can someone link me updated PSOes apk

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 12:19 PM
Can someone link me updated PSOes apk

Here you go:

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-extended-maintenance-and-patch-12172014/

That being said, regardless of your version, the Tweaker should update both the itself and the game.

Shirousagi
Dec 31, 2014, 12:24 PM
on magatsu, is it better to kill a face as soon as it is exposed, or to expose it and then move onto exposing the next one? (or does it not make a difference)

I prefer when weak points are killed as soon as its exposed. Usually its less awkward and more stable way to do things. When people have to jump around Magatsu to change targets often more mistakes happen along the way. But ultimately you are at the mercy of 2 things: WB users and DPS. You are forced to attack where WB placed. And if you are a WB user, you are forced to use WB on non-optimal target if DPSers are ignoring everything and attack some spot for whatever logic they apply even if WB placed on juicy face.

Also you can type in chat targets, most people regardless of language barriers will understand it.

Aquanos
Dec 31, 2014, 12:43 PM
Here you go:

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-extended-maintenance-and-patch-12172014/

That being said, regardless of your version, the Tweaker should update both the itself and the game.

yeah I figured that out shortly

I changed my Email on my Google/google play/youtube today and that fucked up everything. Had to changed my password and stuff now I can't purchase AC

edit

bluestacks is giving me a serious headache right now so I have a very simple question
Is there a way to wipe bluestacks data completely so its like opening the program for the first time?

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 01:51 PM
@LonelyGaruga (or anyone else who cares to join or continue the discussion)

I did some tests with a new Techer skill tree.

Conditions:
-Force main class (fire skill tree)
-Techer subclass (alternate between 2 trees, more on this later)
-No equipment change between tests
-Forest run on Super Hard
-Target: Oodan
-Shifta always active (keep recharging after clearing area)
-Only use Charge Foie
-No Just Attack
-Remove any critical and weak point hits from the results

Test 1: Techer Tree Skill with points into support techniques (Shifta Advance, Deband Advance, Resta Advance).

Results in damage when hitting Oodans 15 times with the conditions listed above:

Average damage: 8071.6

Test 2: Techer Tree Skill with no points into support techniques but the rest of the points are the same as the tree in test 1.

Results in damage when hitting Oodans 15 times with the conditions listed above:

Average damage: 7242.53

Average damage difference between both tests: 829.07 or 10.8275%

If I understood LonelyGaruga's first paragraph correctly, taking the points that I invested for S&D Advance and putting them into T-Attack 1 and T-Attack 2 (total of 125 T-Attack) in the new trees should get me better results, right?

The final test was for Resta. I basically grabbed a new tree with no Resta Advance, got hit until I had less than 100 HP and charged Resta to heal. I got healed to my max HP within seconds, so ya, that was 5 points wasted down the drain since my crafted Resta is doing all the work.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 31, 2014, 02:23 PM
If I understood LonelyGaruga's first paragraph correctly, taking the points that I invested for S&D Advance and putting them into T-Attack 1 and T-Attack 2 (total of 125 T-Attack) in the new trees should get me better results, right?

Yes, that's correct. You can just compare your T-ATK stats before and after to find that, no need to have done all this testing, unless you already grabbed Shifta Critical. Though, I think your damage variance is way too high, you probably triggered some fire PSEs along the way. Even a level 2 effect is a 15% increase to your damage that wasn't there before, and will expire over time.

You can find more on PSE effects here (http://pso2.net/PSE).

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 02:43 PM
Yes, that's correct. You can just compare your T-ATK stats before and after to find that, no need to have done all this testing, unless you already grabbed Shifta Critical. Though, I think your damage variance is way too high, you probably triggered some fire PSEs along the way. Even a level 2 effect is a 15% increase to your damage that wasn't there before, and will expire over time.

You can find more on PSE effects here (http://pso2.net/PSE).

Well once I get numbers, I like to do some tests if I'm able to. As for Critical Hits, well now that I know that this was due to weak spots more than anything else, I'm over that.

For the high difference variation, that's probably due to the fact that my Rod is actually crafted in order give it Techer compatibility (I had the crafting done after they lowered the damaged variance for crafting rare weapons).

So anyway, simulated a new tree for Techer by removing the support stuff, any thoughts?

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php?09uAbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm 0jdodBIb00000000jdoIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000000l obniN2SGA2XIc6cKIk00000ioInIkcKjGAqBIkIkGAcA000000 IbIo0000008doIb0000008

LonelyGaruga
Dec 31, 2014, 02:58 PM
Oh, yeah, a crafted rod would probably be it.

For the Techer tree, I'd dump PP Up 1 in favor of Shifta Advance, but that's a matter of preference. I don't think 10 PP for 10 SP is a good deal. S-ATK Up 1, Wand Gear, and Wand Lovers if you're planning on using Elysion, but if you aren't, then nothing else to add about it.

For the Force tree, grab Rare Mastery Force, 1 SP. It adds +30 T-ATK all the time, instead of 20 T-ATK slightly less than half the time from 1 SP in Photon Flare Advance. Also, max Talis Tech Bonus. No reason to not use a talis. Charge Escape and Rod Keep Bonus are also good, I've played with a person that used it and found it to be pretty cool. How it works is that after you store a tech, you can use it charged instantly, so you can charge a tech when you have nothing better to do, then JA and cast it when you need to. Way better than anything else you could be putting the SP into.

After those skills, it's kind of a toss up on what to use. Probably Photon Flare. After Burst is pretty good, so always have that if you use PF.

Kiyumi
Dec 31, 2014, 04:00 PM
Should I use Hollow Gimlet 12* twin daggers if I already have 11* Twin Filfin with 47 light? I know this question was answered earlier, but the 12* is only 30 element and isnt that really important? I would think the 11* would still do more damage because its almost max element?

.Jack
Dec 31, 2014, 05:13 PM
What is this ticket?

FUN2015獲得チケット

Z-0
Dec 31, 2014, 05:16 PM
Exactly what it says.

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 05:51 PM
Thank you for replying again.

Oh, yeah, a crafted rod would probably be it.

For the Techer tree, I'd dump PP Up 1 in favor of Shifta Advance, but that's a matter of preference. I don't think 10 PP for 10 SP is a good deal. S-ATK Up 1, Wand Gear, and Wand Lovers if you're planning on using Elysion, but if you aren't, then nothing else to add about it.

I stick with Force once I cap my Techer, so all class exclusives have to be remove from the list. I don't plan to use a wand in the future since I have my eyes on an Ares Rod which I don't plan to craft, so that removes Wand skills. I don't care for melee attacks, so remove Strike Up and I don't think Aptitude Up or Technique Defence Up will do any good.

So ya, my choices were: adding element effect boost, PP Up or Shifta Advance. I don't recall any elemental effect besides freezing that ever saved my ass or helped me won a battle, so that's not a priority for now, perhaps in the future.

My current PP is 110 (10 extra from my Unit Set). Now removing any sort of ultra fast PP restoration like PB, Mag Trigger or PP Convert, but counting on PP Restorate, I can do 7 charged RaFoie with JA before that chain is broken with only about 15PP left (takes 20PP for RaFoie). By applying the same logic you've shown me regarding Shifta Advance, I would do more damage by adding 10 more PP and being able to do 1 more charged JA RaFoie than having Shifta Advance for 7 shots.

So ya, that was my reasoning behind PP Up 1.

For the Force tree, grab Rare Mastery Force, 1 SP. It adds +30 T-ATK all the time, instead of 20 T-ATK slightly less than half the time from 1 SP in Photon Flare Advance. Also, max Talis Tech Bonus. No reason to not use a talis. Charge Escape and Rod Keep Bonus are also good, I've played with a person that used it and found it to be pretty cool. How it works is that after you store a tech, you can use it charged instantly, so you can charge a tech when you have nothing better to do, then JA and cast it when you need to. Way better than anything else you could be putting the SP into.

Rakurai already suggested that I put my 2 extra points there. I'll check out some videos since this is probably the only thing I haven't looked when it comes for Force. I switched to Techer once I reached Lv75 with my Force, so I have yet to get those 2 extra SP, I only added them to Photon Flare Advance for show in my simulator. Speaking of which, Photon Flare Advance will be my next Force goal for the next 2 Lv caps (assuming that Lv caps are always 5 levels).

After those skills, it's kind of a toss up on what to use. Probably Photon Flare. After Burst is pretty good, so always have that if you use PF.

Already do :)

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 06:11 PM
What is this ticket?

FUN2015獲得チケット

You got your ticker already?

Anduril
Dec 31, 2014, 06:13 PM
You got your ticker already?
It should be in your visiphone as of 8 hours ago if you said the secret phrase during the right time period.

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 06:31 PM
It should be in your visiphone as of 8 hours ago if you said the secret phrase during the right time period.

Secret phrase? Crap, guess it's too late now :(

LonelyGaruga
Dec 31, 2014, 07:07 PM
I stick with Force once I cap my Techer, so all class exclusives have to be remove from the list. I don't plan to use a wand in the future since I have my eyes on an Ares Rod which I don't plan to craft, so that removes Wand skills. I don't care for melee attacks, so remove Strike Up and I don't think Aptitude Up or Technique Defence Up will do any good.

My current PP is 110 (10 extra from my Unit Set). Now removing any sort of ultra fast PP restoration like PB, Mag Trigger or PP Convert, but counting on PP Restorate, I can do 7 charged RaFoie with JA before that chain is broken with only about 15PP left (takes 20PP for RaFoie). By applying the same logic you've shown me regarding Shifta Advance, I would do more damage by adding 10 more PP and being able to do 1 more charged JA RaFoie than having Shifta Advance for 7 shots.

So ya, that was my reasoning behind PP Up 1.

The point is to use multiclass wands. Elysion grants a 70% damage bonus to uncharged techs, which makes it better than Ares Rod for those techs. But as a Fo/Te, you need S-ATK Up skills if your race doesn't have naturally high S-ATK (female humans and newmans, in other words), which is where S-ATK Up 1 comes in. Wand Gear is necessary to be able to use Wand Lovers, and Wand Lovers is because of Step. Step is by far superior to Mirage Escape as a dodge action. It's faster and lets you Step Attack, getting you faster JAs than Mirage Escape could.

You can also use crafted Jupiteller and the Magatsu trade-in wand for their charge time reduction latents on light/dark techs, but wands are naturally slower for casting, so not much point in that.

With PP, you should have 130 minimum from affixes and unit bonuses. 110 is really low. This is also why 10 SP for 10 PP is also a bad deal. You get 3-4 from one affix. While it's true that 10 PP is close to being able to cast another tech, you should sooner be aiming for 130-150 PP and putting that SP into something else, unless there's really nothing you'd rather get. Which would be fair.

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 07:33 PM
The point is to use multiclass wands. Elysion grants a 70% damage bonus to uncharged techs, which makes it better than Ares Rod for those techs. But as a Fo/Te, you need S-ATK Up skills if your race doesn't have naturally high S-ATK (female humans and newmans, in other words), which is where S-ATK Up 1 comes in. Wand Gear is necessary to be able to use Wand Lovers, and Wand Lovers is because of Step. Step is by far superior to Mirage Escape as a dodge action. It's faster and lets you Step Attack, getting you faster JAs than Mirage Escape could.

Sorry, you kind of lost me here? I don't want to Melee, why do I need S-Attack. Also, what's Step? Do I unlock this for my Techer Tree or something?

You can also use crafted Jupiteller and the Magatsu trade-in wand for their charge time reduction latents on light/dark techs, but wands are naturally slower for casting, so not much point in that.

With PP, you should have 130 minimum from affixes and unit bonuses. 110 is really low. This is also why 10 SP for 10 PP is also a bad deal. You get 3-4 from one affix. While it's true that 10 PP is close to being able to cast another tech, you should sooner be aiming for 130-150 PP and putting that SP into something else, unless there's really nothing you'd rather get. Which would be fair.

I agree that 110 is not a lot of PP, but unless SEGA decides to release 11* Unit tickets and allow me to buy a Saiki Set to get 25PP instead of 10PP with my current set, I don't have any other options. I'm not going to go bat shit crazy with Dudu by trying to go over 3 abilities for my equipment. I made my choice of going HP and Technique by adding Stamina Boost, Stamina IV and Technique IV to my stuff and I'm not changing that for the world.

I was putting points into support techs because I didn't need anything else from my Techer class. Now that I've seen that it doesn't do much of a difference (or at all when it comes to Resta Advance), I'm placing these points where they can help a bit more.

Xaeris
Dec 31, 2014, 07:38 PM
Elysion has an S-Atk requirement of 500, so some race/gender combinations will need supplementary S-Atk in order to equip it, even at 75/75. Step is the evasion action that accompanies all melee weapons. If you activate Wand Lovers, your wand's mirage escape will be replaced by step.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 31, 2014, 07:42 PM
I agree that 110 is not a lot of PP, but unless SEGA decides to release 11* Unit tickets and allow me to buy a Saiki Set to get 25PP instead of 10PP with my current set, I don't have any other options. I'm not going to go bat shit crazy with Dudu by trying to go over 3 abilities for my equipment. I made my choice of going HP and Technique by adding Stamina Boost, Stamina IV and Technique IV to my stuff and I'm not changing that for the world.

When I was playing Force, I used 2s Tech III/Elder Soul crafted Fegali units with the 8* arm unit that gives 5 PP (uncrafted). That's +60/6 PP per unit, +60/10 from unit bonus, and another 5 from the arm unit, for a total of 133 PP and 240 affixed T-ATK, with just 2s. Crafted Negro units are also an easy 19 PP before counting affixes, and are, along with Saiki units, the best to use for Force (I'm assuming lack of availability of +10 PP craft for you, otherwise it's an easy +40 PP just for equipping crafted Negro units).

Going past 3s is pretty easy with the current affix system (being able to use 5 items is nice), and there's an affix boost period right now. Even if it weren't, getting stat IIIs is ridiculously easy, and there's a small difference between those and stat IVs. That you don't have a Soul despite being 3s is a waste of effort, since those by themselves are more meaningful than a stat IV, never mind the huge expense of a Boost item for what would be 2s without it. Save those for 4-5s stuff.

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 07:48 PM
Elysion has an S-Atk requirement of 500, so some race/gender combinations will need supplementary S-Atk in order to equip it, even at 75/75. Step is the evasion action that accompanies all melee weapons. If you activate Wand Lovers, your wand's mirage escape will be replaced by step.

Oh I see. Just goes to show you that I've been going techniques since the beginning, had no ideas that Melee weapons changed my evasion. But ya, not interested in wands. I've seen how Wand Gear works on YouTube, it's nice but it's an entirely different way of playing with technique users, one that does not interest me.

@LonelyGaruga
I'll be quite honest, I just don't have it in me to deal with weapon and unit upgrades. My job requires me to make nice with idiots and assholes every day, so I really try to avoid seeing Monica or Dudu when I play this game. So unless it's for a 13* weapon or a Saiki Set, I don't want to see their ugly mugs. Dudu once failed 2 abilities where each one had over 90% success rate :( I don't have any luck when it comes to random things.

@Selphia
I added PP Convert in my new trees, had enough points since I didn't use any for support tech skills.

Selphea
Dec 31, 2014, 07:51 PM
Considering you don't use PP Convert, you might want to diversify into Fo/Br on the side:

[spoiler-box]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW1rEcsmqtM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW1rEcsmqtM[/spoiler-box]

It's not like you lose anything by getting another subclass option.

Z-0
Dec 31, 2014, 08:00 PM
Oh I see. Just goes to show you that I've been going techniques since the beginning, had no ideas that Melee weapons changed my evasion. But ya, not interested in wands. I've seen how Wand Gear works on YouTube, it's nice but it's an entirely different way of playing with technique users, one that does not interest me.
You're not listening.

The reason you use Elysion is because it boosts uncharged technique power by 70% which is insanely useful. Not to use it as a Wand.

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 08:09 PM
You're not listening.

The reason you use Elysion is because it boosts uncharged technique power by 70% which is insanely useful. Not to use it as a Wand.

I've seen it and I knew about that wand's special ability even before if was nerfed, I just don't care about uncharged techs. Elysion could triple the power and it would still be lower than my charged techniques.

Dephinix
Dec 31, 2014, 08:19 PM
Insert term DPS here~

LonelyGaruga
Dec 31, 2014, 08:37 PM
I've seen it and I knew about that wand's special ability even before if was nerfed, I just don't care about uncharged techs. Elysion could triple the power and it would still be lower than my charged techniques.

Nabarta cannot be used any way but uncharged.
Ilbarta does half damage uncharged and suffers a minimal loss in range.
Sazonde does 66% damage uncharged and has better DPS uncharged even if you weren't using Elysion.
Most wind techs do half damage uncharged and suffer minimal loss in range.
Ramegid does half damage uncharged, and Namegid does 30% damage uncharged, but has a .7s cast time uncharged instead of a 6s cast time for 100% damage.

Uncharged techs aren't universally bad, and if you have any intent to be a competent player, getting multiple weapons to take advantage of everything your class offers is the most sensible way to play, Dudu/Monica hate or not. This is a team game, it's only polite to others to play as well as you can. That includes equipping yourself well.

the_importer_
Dec 31, 2014, 09:50 PM
Nabarta cannot be used any way but uncharged.
Ilbarta does half damage uncharged and suffers a minimal loss in range.
Sazonde does 66% damage uncharged and has better DPS uncharged even if you weren't using Elysion.
Most wind techs do half damage uncharged and suffer minimal loss in range.
Ramegid does half damage uncharged, and Namegid does 30% damage uncharged, but has a .7s cast time uncharged instead of a 6s cast time for 100% damage.

Uncharged techs aren't universally bad, and if you have any intent to be a competent player, getting multiple weapons to take advantage of everything your class offers is the most sensible way to play, Dudu/Monica hate or not. This is a team game, it's only polite to others to play as well as you can. That includes equipping yourself well.

Again, thank you for all you help, but perhaps you should not judge someone's gameplay and skills without seeing them first. Now unless you can prove that most people on ship #6 have no idea how to play, I should mention that for the past couple of months, that a decent percentage of the time, I'm the one doing the most damage and killing the bosses all while reviving and healing others.

I will also point out that I've never once seen an Elysion held by any player. I know I've only been playing for over 8 months, but if this was such a great weapon, it would be a lot more common. As for techniques, minus the quick self-support (casting Resta, Anti, S&D on yourself), everyone charges their techniques. When I fight side by side with other technique users, I do see them cast, and it's charged

As for speed Vs power, this will always be a preference, there is no right or wrong answer. I chose power in pretty much all of my technique crafting because I don't mind waiting just a tiny bit longer to recast in order to get more powerful hits. If you prefer casting lots of time with less powerful hit, that's also good, it takes all kind of players.

Anyway, I feel that my game plays will be even better now with my new trees. The game had me fooled thinking that grinding support stats is what gave me more power and defense when I pretty much had that all along. I'll take advantage of the new T-Attack boost I just got, will start learning how to use PP Convert properly (maybe a balance between this, PB and Mag Trigger will keep me at good) and I'll keep hunting for a Saiki Set.

With that said, I wish you a happy new year :)

Z-0
Dec 31, 2014, 10:13 PM
Just because most techniques are better charged doesn't mean that you shouldn't have an Elysion. I have 4 Elysions (Wind, Dark, Lightning and Ice) to use with all the techniques that are better cast uncharged, which are:

Ilbarta
Nabarta
Sazan
Nazan
Sazonde
Namegid

If you're ever using those techniques, you should have an Elysion handy, because it makes them all so much stronger than their charged versions.

Also, speed vs. power is not a preference. There is an objective winner, and this depends on the attack and what it's used for. For example, Ilbarta is better with power, so is Gifoie, Ragrants is better with speed, and things like that.

I also doubt you're the one doing the most damage.

Alma
Dec 31, 2014, 10:22 PM
I will also point out that I've never once seen an Elysion held by any player. I know I've only been playing for over 8 months, but if this was such a great weapon, it would be a lot more common. As for techniques, minus the quick self-support (casting Resta, Anti, S&D on yourself), everyone charges their techniques. When I fight side by side with other technique users, I do see them cast, and it's charged

there is a reason why sega nerf nabarta, ilbarta, and elysion potential.

its all because the dps effectiveness of those tech combined with elysion potential far surpassing the best rod/talis at that time.

the ice elysion particulary was very famous.
it can vaporize ANY boss instantly from the safe distance.

in TD where generally you want to use fire or light for all of its enemy, you can just spam ilbarta on them with pp convert or zondeel and hit the cluster with nabarta for 20-30k dmg per hit (man i miss those dmg >_< )
yes, its hit harder (or at the very least hit the same amount) compared with the weakness/correct element tech :wacko:

before nerf hit, almost all FO or TE i see always have elysion at their disposal.
some even 6-7s their elysion.
its that famous :wacko:

LonelyGaruga
Jan 1, 2015, 12:21 AM
Again, thank you for all you help, but perhaps you should not judge someone's gameplay and skills without seeing them first. Now unless you can prove that most people on ship #6 have no idea how to play, I should mention that for the past couple of months, that a decent percentage of the time, I'm the one doing the most damage and killing the bosses all while reviving and healing others.

As for speed Vs power, this will always be a preference, there is no right or wrong answer. I chose power in pretty much all of my technique crafting because I don't mind waiting just a tiny bit longer to recast in order to get more powerful hits. If you prefer casting lots of time with less powerful hit, that's also good, it takes all kind of players.

If what you say is true, then it sounds like ship 6 is pretty low quality. Not even being critical of you, just that no MPA should ever be carried by anyone. If that's really happening, then the players you're playing with are terrible. Everyone should be able to pull their own weight in an MPA. So I'm not very impressed with bringing up their playstyles.

I don't know how it is in ship 6, but my EQ runs in ship 2 are smooth. People rarely die, XH bosses get vaporized almost as quickly as their SH equivalents unless they're a boosted wave Vibras or a titled infected boss (not titled or, titled and infected), I've never run a failed Magatsu EQ, and I've never seen anyone carry an MPA. Whenever I check someone's equipment out of random curiosity, they're almost invariably 4-5s with solid affixes and equipment. And, of course, I see plenty of Elysions, when appropriate to use. I could ask any competent Force or Techer and they'd tell me Elysion's good, hell, even Fi/Bo gets good use of crafted Elysion. All the best Force players I know use multiple Elysions, and Elysion used to be the de facto best Force weapon, a complete staple that everyone needed, because Force was too slow and too weak without it. If you watch nico videos or YT, particularly in TAs, Elysion's almost certainly going to be used somewhere. Because it's a good weapon.

Regarding speed vs power, Z-0 covered it, but I want to make it clear: DPS is what matters here. In terms of DPS, there is always a clear cut winner, it's just how much damage you need to achieve, and how quickly. In most cases where Elysion is useful, it wins in terms of short term and long term DPS, so it doesn't make much of a difference here.

the_importer_
Jan 1, 2015, 12:34 AM
If what you say is true, then it sounds like ship 6 is pretty low quality. Not even being critical of you, just that no MPA should ever be carried by anyone. If that's really happening, then the players you're playing with are terrible. Everyone should be able to pull their own weight in an MPA. So I'm not very impressed with bringing up their playstyles.

I don't know how it is in ship 6, but my EQ runs in ship 2 are smooth. People rarely die, XH bosses get vaporized almost as quickly as their SH equivalents unless they're a boosted wave Vibras or a titled infected boss (not titled or, titled and infected), I've never run a failed Magatsu EQ, and I've never seen anyone carry an MPA. Whenever I check someone's equipment out of random curiosity, they're almost invariably 4-5s with solid affixes and equipment. And, of course, I see plenty of Elysions, when appropriate to use. I could ask any competent Force or Techer and they'd tell me Elysion's good, hell, even Fi/Bo gets good use of crafted Elysion. All the best Force players I know use multiple Elysions, and Elysion used to be the de facto best Force weapon, a complete staple that everyone needed, because Force was too slow and too weak without it. If you watch nico videos or YT, particularly in TAs, Elysion's almost certainly going to be used somewhere. Because it's a good weapon.

Regarding speed vs power, Z-0 covered it, but I want to make it clear: DPS is what matters here. In terms of DPS, there is always a clear cut winner, it's just how much damage you need to achieve, and how quickly. In most cases where Elysion is useful, it wins in terms of short term and long term DPS, so it doesn't make much of a difference here.

You mean you don't have to buy 5 moons every time you start an EQ on ship #2?

Tyreek
Jan 1, 2015, 12:53 AM
So, Steam overlay on PSO2. How do we do that again?

Kiyumi
Jan 1, 2015, 01:17 AM

Thread's been hijacked. Youre better off making your own thread.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 1, 2015, 01:38 AM
You mean you don't have to buy 5 moons every time you start an EQ on ship #2?

I use 1-2, 3 tops. And I see about as many from other people combined throughout an entire EQ, unless it's Magatsu, but even then, it never breaks 10 total.

the_importer_
Jan 1, 2015, 02:22 AM
I use 1-2, 3 tops. And I see about as many from other people combined throughout an entire EQ, unless it's Magatsu, but even then, it never breaks 10 total.

Well, it wasn't so bad when it was just SH, but ever since XH quests came out, there were many occasions where incapacitated players just stayed on the ground. Either the other players were tired of bringing them back or like me, they ran out of moons. I even started making a strategy where I wait for at lease 2 players on the ground before using a moon. As for about Ult, well let's just say that I sometime have to use a pipe go back to the ship for a quick purchase.

Before I started playing with other people (I soloed until I completed almost everything in every difficulties), I had hundreds of moons in my bank, now my bank has none. I don't mind bringing people back to live and taking care of them, I wouldn't be playing as a Force since PSOV1 if I did, but you can understand why I was disappointed that Reverser Field turned out to be shit.

KazukiQZ
Jan 1, 2015, 04:05 AM
Abit confused with the potential: Ancient Oath.
Does the damage bonus apply even if there's no element weakness happen?
For example, using a Fire Yasha against Tranmizer. What will happen?

Any Ancient Oath weapon user can confirm this?

Dephinix
Jan 1, 2015, 04:14 AM
You have to use whatever element the enemy is weak to, or no bonus. Fire would be anything normal in Forest, Tundra, and Coast. Transmizer is only weak to Lightning?

KazukiQZ
Jan 1, 2015, 06:07 AM
^I see. Well, there are some people who claim Ancient Oath work regardless of elemental weakness, prompting me to ask here. Thank you.

Qualia
Jan 1, 2015, 06:10 AM
Are there any guides on creating fodder specifically to make money? I get the basics of affixing, but I have no idea where to start in terms of making it profitable.

Dephinix
Jan 1, 2015, 06:13 AM
If there was, I would see their profit dropping. Only a tad though, cause people are lazy and rather work for that Waifu Online look.

Syklo
Jan 1, 2015, 06:27 AM
Are there any guides on creating fodder specifically to make money? I get the basics of affixing, but I have no idea where to start in terms of making it profitable.
the #1 basic rule to doing this is to use/build on 1-stat fodder (in case you didn't know already).

It's not as profitable on weapons as it is for units though. Most Affix lv3's for weapons can be bought fairly cheap, regardless of number of slots. From my experience, most of the profit comes from combining those lv3's into one piece (it's way cheaper to use in the long run: who'd prefer to take a 6x penalty fee just by using a 3rd item?). One thing you could do is fit a bunch of lv3's + a soul that boosts transfer rates of all of them (e.g. Power 3+Poison 3+Gwana soul).

You could say it's a similar idea for units, but the prices are much higher.

I've had my share of selling mere 3-slot weapons for 300k+, but that was before the affixing buff. Not sure how effective handmade fodders are now for making profits.

Qualia
Jan 1, 2015, 07:59 AM
How quick should I expect people to purchase the fodder that I sell, since there isn't an option to search for multiple affixes yet?

Shirousagi
Jan 1, 2015, 08:47 AM
After you get abducted and cloned how long this Clone Flag will be there? Will it trigger every time I play in single party area until maintenance, or only 24 hours, or only 1 time?

Qualia, usually it takes 1 day even for average fodders. Depends on prices. Just consider time, as when most players are online and have time to check visiphone.

Sizustar
Jan 1, 2015, 11:14 AM
After you get abducted and cloned how long this Clone Flag will be there? Will it trigger every time I play in single party area until maintenance, or only 24 hours, or only 1 time?

Qualia, usually it takes 1 day even for average fodders. Depends on prices. Just consider time, as when most players are online and have time to check visiphone.

2 week...or is it 1 week?

LonelyGaruga
Jan 1, 2015, 02:18 PM
Well, it wasn't so bad when it was just SH, but ever since XH quests came out, there were many occasions where incapacitated players just stayed on the ground. Either the other players were tired of bringing them back or like me, they ran out of moons. I even started making a strategy where I wait for at lease 2 players on the ground before using a moon. As for about Ult, well let's just say that I sometime have to use a pipe go back to the ship for a quick purchase.

Yeah, it's safe to say that the MPAs you're playing with are garbage. I don't see very many deaths even in Ultimate quests. Certainly not enough to deplete my stock of Moon Atomizers. I'd consider a ship transfer to be honest.

Your clone stays for three two days (I've been told three days, swiki says 48 hours). During that time frame, it is impossible to be abducted, but once it expires, you can become abducted again.

As for actually encountering your own clone, it works the same as other clones. Single party areas only, random chance, no limit to number of encounters.

Lax
Jan 1, 2015, 03:32 PM
Does crafting a unit remove the timed abilities?

knight1301
Jan 1, 2015, 05:10 PM
Which time ability should I use to farm Saiki unit "Shironia" or "Shironia exploration" ?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 1, 2015, 05:18 PM
Is ヒャッカリョウラン (new 12* DB with the BlackHeart like Potential) intended for FI Main?

I ask because Fubukireisen (11* DB with Pseudo Black Heart) only has 150 difference in their level potential.

How much more would that extra 150 make a difference?

Selphea
Jan 1, 2015, 05:25 PM
None because your PP gets restored too fast during PBF :wacko:

But on a serious note, there is also a 94 atk difference in their base damage, which becomes 141 with 50% elemental. When you add that together it's more than PP Slayer right? So compare your damage before and after PP Slayer and you'll get a rough idea.

9Hopper
Jan 1, 2015, 05:26 PM
Is Magatsu considered a darker or a kuronian for the purpose of the x hunter weapons?

milranduil
Jan 1, 2015, 05:27 PM
Is Magatsu considered a darker or a kuronian for the purpose of the x hunter weapons?

Kuronite

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 1, 2015, 05:30 PM
None because your PP gets restored too fast during PBF :wacko:

But on a serious note, there is also a 94 atk difference in their base damage, which becomes 141 with 50% elemental. When you add that together it's more than PP Slayer right? So compare your damage before and after PP Slayer and you'll get a rough idea.
Provided my FI isn't high enough to use it but notice FI could use it so figured thats what its intended for :P

Usually when i see someone using it its FI...although that could just be coincidence,,,,

LonelyGaruga
Jan 1, 2015, 06:09 PM

Neither. Magatsu and the enemies it summons are a unique enemy category of their own, 禍津 (Kuronians are 黒の民). I think 禍津 is short for 禍津日神, which basically means evil god.

Anyway, there is no Hunter category weapon that Magatsu falls under.

Selphea
Jan 1, 2015, 06:33 PM
Provided my FI isn't high enough to use it but notice FI could use it so figured thats what its intended for :P

Usually when i see someone using it its FI...although that could just be coincidence,,,,

That's because it's Fighter-usable and Fi/Bo has better main class skills, i.e. better damage than Bo/Fi. Not really coincidence but 11* Granfol is still better overall.

knight1301
Jan 1, 2015, 06:45 PM
Which time ability should I use to farm Saiki unit "Shironia" or "Shironia exploration" ?

Up up my question :D

Syklo
Jan 1, 2015, 07:10 PM
How quick should I expect people to purchase the fodder that I sell, since there isn't an option to search for multiple affixes yet?

Depends on prices really. I generally put the most overpriced expensive ones up right before my shop pass expires, and wait it out.

Some can sell in mere minutes.

I'd say shironia exploration since it has an extra level on the rare drop boost timed ability.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 1, 2015, 07:48 PM
11* Granfol is still better overall. I assume you're talking about if you're BO main correct?

Selphea
Jan 1, 2015, 07:55 PM
I assume you're talking about if you're BO main correct?

Nah crafted Fi-usable to stack with Fighter's Crit Strike main class skill.

KazukiQZ
Jan 1, 2015, 08:27 PM
RA related skill question: PP Save Bullet.
Does loading Weak Bullet and then switch to Launcher makes the effect stay? Does Launcher PAs gets the benefit of the skill even tho there's no Launcher special bullet loaded, only Weak Bullet?

Rakurai
Jan 1, 2015, 09:17 PM
Only the weapon with the bullet/shell currently loaded into it benefits from the skill.

davenger
Jan 1, 2015, 09:40 PM
any guide for anga farming out there for the english folk and/or a way to get the mpa passwords for none rune-readers,i know i am supposed to search first 5 blocks of a map or so for an anga and to get 250 points/not enter untill atleast 8 ppl and then walk a a couple of blocks see if another spawns but how to get the passwords and whatnot is beyond me

Bellion
Jan 1, 2015, 10:08 PM
Your options are to learn a miniscule amount of Japanese and recognize it, or just tag along with a friend that knows a bit of Japanese.

manthisis
Jan 1, 2015, 10:49 PM
Has SEGA just given up on trying to ban english players who aren't supposed to play this game?

Anduril
Jan 1, 2015, 10:51 PM
Has SEGA just given up on trying to ban english players who aren't supposed to play this game?
There was never an active effort to ban foreign players. The only bans have been people who were related to cheating (and some unfortunate souls who got flagged for being in parties or MPAs with them).

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 1, 2015, 11:41 PM
How much % is the EXP Penalty?

(Example going into a SH Quest at level 50)

Dephinix
Jan 1, 2015, 11:50 PM
Dark Emerald, I recall it saying when you start the quest, but I can't really remember, could you check that on maybe SH Facility?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 1, 2015, 11:55 PM
Dark Emerald, I recall it saying when you start the quest, but I can't really remember, could you check that on maybe SH Facility? Well the char im currently working on isn't 50 yet :P All my others are within a range where the message doesn't show.

My original reason why i asked is because ill be hitting 50 soon on the char im working on and was debatin if i should move to SH or stay in VH for awhile.

Dephinix
Jan 2, 2015, 12:02 AM
Well the char im currently working on isn't 50 yet :P All my others are within a range where the message doesn't show.

My original reason why i asked is because ill be hitting 50 soon on the char im working on and was debatin if i should move to SH or stay in VH for awhile.

In reply to your question, this was from not too long ago:

I'm currently level 41. Should I go VH falz arms (with exp penalty) or H falz arms? which would give more exp?

The one that you clear quicker.

If you can manage SH, you'll want to do that for free fields since Hans will give you much better COs(30k for killing SH Rockbear, etc).
For EQs, can't beat what Sizu said.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 2, 2015, 12:21 AM
haha that works

.Jack
Jan 2, 2015, 01:25 AM
Is there a proper way to grow the tree or just keep watering do the trick?

http://i.imgur.com/o9e0mKI.jpg?1

Ephidiel
Jan 2, 2015, 01:43 AM
watering does nothing for growing the tree

you need to level up the Photon boost

Kiyumi
Jan 2, 2015, 01:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDreQcqD70k

What PA is she doing when she spins around and does 50k per shot? She does it at 0:13 and then repeatedly elsewhere. And how can I do this?

I heard people say Gunner is useless or something...but this looks kinda OP?

Qualia
Jan 2, 2015, 01:55 AM

What PA is she doing when she spins around and does 50k per shot? She does it at 0:13 and then repeatedly elsewhere. And how can I do this?

Satellite aim

final_attack
Jan 2, 2015, 01:59 AM

On 00:13 it's Satellite Aim on Chain'ed head. 20-ish Chain = 300%-ish damage dealt (improved by Chain Finish level, +35% (400%-ish damage dealt) at Lv10). Be aware though, it seems nice when succeed, but if you missed it, the cooldown is 60s at Lv10 Chain Trigger (even more reduced by Total Chain / 4 if you get Chain F Bonus and succeed in finishing it). Lv1 is 150s cooldown, I think.

Kiyumi
Jan 2, 2015, 02:06 AM
On 00:13 it's Satellite Aim on Chain'ed head. 20-ish Chain = 300%-ish damage dealt (improved by Chain Finish level, +35% (400%-ish damage dealt) at Lv10). Be aware though, it seems nice when succeed, but if you missed it, the cooldown is 60s at Lv10 Chain Trigger (even more reduced by Total Chain / 4 if you get Chain F Bonus and succeed in finishing it). Lv1 is 150s cooldown, I think.

Ohh so Gunner is dependent on chain to do lots of damage? Is she using the Showtime bonus or whatever that is?

Xaeris
Jan 2, 2015, 02:10 AM

Gunner has always been aces at killing bosses. The problem with modern Gunner is that its mobbing strength (i.e, the ability to kill multiple smaller enemies) is weak compared to the likes of Force or Ranger, and since as mobbing is, like, 90% of what you do in this game (well, apart from standing in the lobby looking pretty), the perception is that it's a weak class.

Syklo
Jan 2, 2015, 05:51 AM
Well the char im currently working on isn't 50 yet :P All my others are within a range where the message doesn't show.

iirc it's something like exp is reduced to 40% (or was it 20%?) at the limit, then reduced by 5% every level after that.

Achelousaurus
Jan 2, 2015, 07:18 AM
Is there something like Neujahr Fever?
I was wondering if with a new Nyau we get a new fever but I couldn't find anything in the shop.

Vinnchente
Jan 2, 2015, 07:20 AM
If i have a 11* weapon like Yasha and its lightning attribute is at 37 how many 11* lightning katanas would i need to max its attribute out to 50?
I'm asking this because i fed my first yasha different attributes and it took me 13 11* weapons.

final_attack
Jan 2, 2015, 07:30 AM
If i have a 11* weapon like Yasha and its lightning attribute is at 37 how many 11* lightning katanas would i need to max its attribute out to 50?
I'm asking this because i fed my first yasha different attributes and it took me 13 11* weapons.

Example if weapon is Yasha :

Same Rarity, Same Weapon Type = +1 each -> 13 *11 Katana
Same Weapon, Different Element = +10 each (I kinda forgot this one, I think it's 10 though) -> 2 Yasha, different element
Same Weapon, Same Element = +Fodder's Element (I think the minimum is 25) -> 1 Yasha, same element

Achelousaurus
Jan 2, 2015, 08:22 AM
Normally you go with the same weapon cause it's cheaper but considering this is yasha, it's probably a lot cheaper to feed 13 other 11* katanas, some are dirt cheap.

Tigy
Jan 2, 2015, 10:59 AM
I never see any mag in lobby (I can only see my mag), is it normal or just my setting?

the_importer_
Jan 2, 2015, 11:06 AM
Is there a guide somewhere to make those new Compound Techniques work?

Terrence
Jan 2, 2015, 11:57 AM
Greetings ! :bday:

I have a 130.T-ATK/60.DEX MAG. I'm playing full T-ATK (JB TEchter/BOuncer or TEchter/FOrce).
Should I get a new MAG to get 190.T-ATK or is the work needed for 60 T-ATK a waste of time ?!!

LonelyGaruga
Jan 2, 2015, 12:47 PM
Is there something like Neujahr Fever?
I was wondering if with a new Nyau we get a new fever but I couldn't find anything in the shop.

Noiya Fever.

R-ATK+10
DEX+5
HP+5
PP+1

I never see any mag in lobby (I can only see my mag), is it normal or just my setting?

It's normal.

Is there a guide somewhere to make those new Compound Techniques work?

Put it on the subpalette. It charges like a PB, but only applies T-ATK based damage (or techs, forget) to filling it. Fills a lot faster than most PBs though.

Also, you can only use them with a rod/talis/wand, and only if you're a Force or a Techer main.

I have a 130.T-ATK/60.DEX MAG. I'm playing full T-ATK (JB TEchter/BOuncer or TEchter/FOrce).
Should I get a new MAG to get 190.T-ATK or is the work needed for 60 T-ATK a waste of time ?!!

Get a new mag. No such thing as a waste of time, you can just use your current mag until you max your new one.

Real question is whether it's worth the money to you or not.

Poyonche
Jan 2, 2015, 04:36 PM
If I buy another character slot, I'll be able to make a new char on another ship (I'm on ship 2, could I make a new char on Ship 4 or 10 ?)

If yes, I already have a team on Ship 2, if I join another team on one of those team, could I join another team without making it "resign" from my other team ?

Sorry if it sounds dumb. :s

Anduril
Jan 2, 2015, 04:39 PM
If I buy another character slot, I'll be able to make a new char on another ship (I'm on ship 2, could I make a new char on Ship 4 or 10 ?)

If yes, I already have a team on Ship 2, if I join another team on one of those team, could I join another team without making it "resign" from my other team ?

Sorry if it sounds dumb. :s
To the first question: yes.
To the second question: each ship is completely separate from one-another, so nothing you do in one effects anything on the other, so you should be able to join a second team with no issue.

Poyonche
Jan 2, 2015, 04:49 PM
To the second question: each ship is completely separate from one-another, so nothing you do in one effects anything on the other, so you should be able to join a second team with no issue.

Okay, thanks you very much. :D

Achelousaurus
Jan 2, 2015, 07:54 PM
Thanks.

Fusionxglave
Jan 2, 2015, 08:08 PM
Need some help on this problem.

I just got the Nyau suit from the casino and everything looks okay but the voice of my character just gives it away.

Does anyone know any male voice that would work nicely with Nyau suit.

any suggests would be nice.

Thanks

Edit: 男性追加ボイス41 this may be the one but I am not sure. I do not want to sound annoying to other players.

otakun
Jan 2, 2015, 08:40 PM
I got a CO called The Perfect Bouncer I and it wants 3 'Bo Excubes'. What are Bo Excubes?

ashley50
Jan 2, 2015, 08:42 PM
I got a CO called The Perfect Bouncer I and it wants 3 'Bo Excubes'. What are Bo Excubes?
Excubes you obtain while your main class is Bouncer.

Fusionxglave
Jan 2, 2015, 08:55 PM
How long do limited quest stay

I heard that there is going to be an all-star limited quest in january from bump and wanted to know how long that will last.

Thanks

Anduril
Jan 2, 2015, 08:58 PM
How long do limited quest stay

I heard that there is going to be an all-star limited quest in january from bump and wanted to know how long that will last.

Thanks
Usually lasts for the time of the event, so maybe around a month, month and a half.

Edit: Looking at the bumped article, it looks like it will last until Feb. 25 (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Limited-Quest-Unity-508x285.jpg).

KazukiQZ
Jan 2, 2015, 11:26 PM

Excubes you obtain while your main class is Bouncer.

To add to this, Bouncer class also need to reach lv75, and then level it up 3 more times, each time grant you a BO Excube.

After that, there's The Perfect Bouncer II, and it need 6 cubes.

Also, if you don't want those class excubes anymore, and you think you want to save storage space, you can convert 1 class excube into 2 normal Excubes in Recycle Shop.

Kiyumi
Jan 2, 2015, 11:57 PM
What do rare drop boosters effect? Do they count for things like XQ/AQ stones, PA discs etc?

Tigy
Jan 3, 2015, 12:31 AM
It's normal.

Thank you

Tyreek
Jan 3, 2015, 12:50 AM

^ Can this actually get answered this time without derailing?

To add to this; yes I have the tweaker set on Steam mode, yes Steam is on admin privilege, and I'm on 64-bit Vista, blah blah. I'm trying to get it fully functioning like the old days, so I can do stuff like tab to messages and screenshots. I thought this would be easy, but Steam won't overlay it. I'd ask my friend, but he's sleep at this hour.

And yes, I searched this section, and Google.

Z-0
Jan 3, 2015, 12:54 AM
Can't do it, functionality got disabled a long time ago.

Tyreek
Jan 3, 2015, 01:08 AM
Well, damn. Thanks.

Fusionxglave
Jan 3, 2015, 01:14 AM
Usually lasts for the time of the event, so maybe around a month, month and a half.

Edit: Looking at the bumped article, it looks like it will last until Feb. 25 (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Limited-Quest-Unity-508x285.jpg).

Thanks

Valen13
Jan 3, 2015, 01:22 AM
I keep hearing people sat Break SD's bonus is 15% but when I look at it in the skill tree it says it's 45%. So how is the bonus computed?

Selphea
Jan 3, 2015, 01:28 AM
I keep hearing people sat Break SD's bonus is 15% but when I look at it in the skill tree it says it's 45%. So how is the bonus computed?

It's 15.75% to be exact - 45% of Break Stance's bonus (Stance Up and weapon potentials are not counted)

manthisis
Jan 3, 2015, 01:58 AM
I heard that extending an 11* to level 8 decreases the damage range from like 50-100% (normal crafted weapons) to 80-100%. Is this true?

Fusionxglave
Jan 3, 2015, 02:14 AM
Hey sorry to bother this was already disccussed but I can not find the post.

which is better magatsu set or saiki set?

also is the Diabo set any good?

dullahan8
Jan 3, 2015, 02:15 AM
Does anyone know a way to delete keybindings? You know how F and R switches the weapons pallete? What if I wanted to unbind them for example? How do I do it?

.Jack
Jan 3, 2015, 02:31 AM
watering does nothing for growing the tree

you need to level up the Photon boost

Any further info for this? I checked all the menu options and I don't see "photon boost".

Kiyumi
Jan 3, 2015, 02:33 AM
Does anyone know a way to delete keybindings? You know how F and R switches the weapons pallete? What if I wanted to unbind them for example? How do I do it?

Options > Control Settings > Keyboard Settings

Also

What do rare drop boosters effect? Do they count for things like XQ/AQ stones, PA discs etc?

Selphea
Jan 3, 2015, 02:38 AM
Hey sorry to bother this was already disccussed but I can not find the post.

which is better magatsu set or saiki set?

also is the Diabo set any good?

Burisa (Magatsu) - 10 more ATK, 45 more HP by default.
Saiki - 5 more PP. 30 more Dex by default. Can be crafted for extreme PP at the cost of HP and resists.

General consensus is that they are sidegrades but Saiki is more preferred due to being easier to farm/already farmed and better PP.

Diaboi set is good for using Speed Rain with... and that's about it since it has no 2-piece set effect and the Partisan itself only has a Speed Rain latent.

Syklo
Jan 3, 2015, 03:15 AM
Any further info for this? I checked all the menu options and I don't see "photon boost".
I don't remember the order, but apart from "exit":
-One option lets you choose a tree buff to use
-One option lets you water the tree
-One option lets you upgrade photon tree buffs << This one is what you gotta do to grow the tree.

Poyonche
Jan 3, 2015, 04:38 AM

Just though about this, it means that I'll lost all of my lobby actions ? :o

And which Ship would be better to join ? Which one has the better economy between Ship 4 and Ship 10 ?

Anduril
Jan 3, 2015, 04:54 AM
Just though about this, it means that I'll lost all of my lobby actions ? :o

And which Ship would be better to join ? Which one has the better economy between Ship 4 and Ship 10 ?
Lobby Actions are account bound, so I believe you would still have them (someone correct me if I'm wrong). What you won't have access to is shared storage between ships.

Rayden
Jan 3, 2015, 06:53 AM
I posted this over in the technical support forum but didn't get a response.

http://i.imgur.com/ACKpvDT.png

What am I supposed to do on this screen in BlueStacks? How do I set up my account? I got a new computer for Christmas and am trying to get PSO2/OTP working on it, but I'm stuck here. I already have a SecureOTP account from my old computer, with all of the details written down, but where do I input it? All I get is this screen when I open SecureOTP, with no menu or anything. Help please. I can't play because of this. ._.

Edit: Nevermind. I found an old comment from someone on the Bumped post about setting up OTP. The fix for this issue was to go into the BlueStacks settings and change the SecureOTP app from "default" mode to "tablet" mode. That made the menu button appear in the app.

Chimeria
Jan 3, 2015, 08:11 AM
How exactly do you use Shunka-Shunran? It says a thrust followed by slashes...I'm guessing it's some sort of Just-attack style button press afterward?

Rakurai
Jan 3, 2015, 08:14 AM
You need to make directional inputs after the initial slash to continue the move.

I believe upwards inputs produce a stronger final slash then the other directions.

Chimeria
Jan 3, 2015, 08:16 AM
You need to make directional inputs after the initial slash to continue the move.

I believe upwards inputs produce a stronger final slash then the other directions.
Oh! :-o
I wouldn't have ever figured that out. I was wondering why the attack buttons weren't doing anything. Thank you!

Rien
Jan 3, 2015, 08:30 AM
How exactly do you use Shunka-Shunran? It says a thrust followed by slashes...I'm guessing it's some sort of Just-attack style button press afterward?

As said above, directional inputs will cause follow up attacks. You can hold the direction instead of pressing it.

Fusionxglave
Jan 3, 2015, 08:45 AM
Burisa (Magatsu) - 10 more ATK, 45 more HP by default.
Saiki - 5 more PP. 30 more Dex by default. Can be crafted for extreme PP at the cost of HP and resists.

General consensus is that they are sidegrades but Saiki is more preferred due to being easier to farm/already farmed and better PP.

Diaboi set is good for using Speed Rain with... and that's about it since it has no 2-piece set effect and the Partisan itself only has a Speed Rain latent.

thanks Selphia

Fusionxglave
Jan 3, 2015, 08:49 AM

yes rare drop boosters effect the rate at which items are drop.

which means XQ/AQ stones and PA discs will drop more often.

Rakurai
Jan 3, 2015, 08:54 AM
How does one go about having a message over one's head?

I've been meaning to keep an Anga Fandarge tally there like some other people, but can't figure out how to display one.

Chimeria
Jan 3, 2015, 09:03 AM
How does one go about having a message over one's head?

I've been meaning to keep an Anga Fandarge tally there like some other people, but can't figure out how to display one.

Press F9 and select "Change Online Status."
Then choose the custom setting and enter your message.

Kiyumi
Jan 3, 2015, 02:50 PM
yes rare drop boosters effect the rate at which items are drop.

which means XQ/AQ stones and PA discs will drop more often.

Yay thank you!

Only took 3 pages for someone to answer this seemingly easy question.
One would think a "rare drop" booster would only boost the drop rate of "rare" drops, and I dont know if those stones/PAs count as "rare" items. Thanks again! :D

Klypto
Jan 3, 2015, 03:53 PM
Ship 2 still have English players?

Which block?

the_importer_
Jan 3, 2015, 04:15 PM
Missing one of Amelin's client orders. I don't have the "Aurora Survey" in the list of client orders. According to Cirnopedia, I need to clear 20 of his previous orders in order to get it, well I have done 22, so what's wrong?

Velad
Jan 3, 2015, 05:16 PM
Ship 2 still have English players?

Which block?

Plenty of english players. However, now they simply go to their relevant blocks for their level, i.e. Normal, Hard, Super Hard, etc.

Poyonche
Jan 3, 2015, 05:46 PM
If I create a new char it is better that :

-I make it on Ship 4 ?
-On Ship 10 ?
-Keep it on Ship 2 ?

I like Ship 2 and I like my team, but I would like to see another community (Ship 10 as a french community, but idk if the economy is meh or not, and I don't know if Ship 4 as an english team or not, and also wondering for economy :c ).

Edit : Or it just better than I create another account and with the 2 free slots, I make a char on Ship 4 and the other one on Ship 10 ?

Syklo
Jan 3, 2015, 06:50 PM
If I create a new char it is better that :

-I make it on Ship 4 ?
-On Ship 10 ?
-Keep it on Ship 2 ?

I like Ship 2 and I like my team, but I would like to see another community (Ship 10 as a french community, but idk if the economy is meh or not, and I don't know if Ship 4 as an english team or not, and also wondering for economy :c ).

Edit : Or it just better than I create another account and with the 2 free slots, I make a char on Ship 4 and the other one on Ship 10 ?
Why do you choose ship 4? Is there even an english community there at all?

That aside, you might be better off with ship 10 for the french community.
There is an english community (sort of) here on ship 8, if you want to try something different :P

I can't say much about economy, since I don't really care about other ship's economic performance.

Poyonche
Jan 3, 2015, 07:13 PM
Why do you choose ship 4? Is there even an english community there at all?

That aside, you might be better off with ship 10 for the french community.
There is an english community (sort of) here on ship 8, if you want to try something different :P

I can't say much about economy, since I don't really care about other ship's economic performance.

I don't really know for ship 4 lol.

But sure I'll have a look at ship 8, just created an account to check both ship. :P

Kondibon
Jan 3, 2015, 08:13 PM
Ship 4 has 4-chan players last I heard. No idea how active they are.

manthisis
Jan 3, 2015, 11:02 PM
What would be the best subclass for a Hu Paritsan main? Also, what partisan should I use for that class combo?

Rakurai
Jan 3, 2015, 11:09 PM
Fighter is best if you want to maximize damage.

Bouncer and Braver have lower damage bonuses, but have other perks that might be appealing.

Velad
Jan 3, 2015, 11:31 PM
What class combination is the highest dps nowadays?

Z-0
Jan 3, 2015, 11:35 PM
What class combination is the highest dps nowadays?
FoTe for everything but the following:

FiBo does more burst DPS, while RA does the most solo (since it gets its own WB), and Gu does the most situational burst DPS (eg: can only burst every 5 hours (exaggeration) with a lot of setup).

final_attack
Jan 3, 2015, 11:41 PM
Gu does the most situational burst DPS (eg: can only burst every 5 hours (exaggeration) with a lot of setup).

with high chance of failing ...... if the target moves a lot, especially when you're using Satellite Aim for Chain Finisher.

pyxl
Jan 4, 2015, 01:40 AM
A search pulls up a mention of a renaming service in a thread here, but I cannot find it in the AC shop anywhere. Is there a link to somewhere I could purchase a character rename, or does it not exist?

Walkure
Jan 4, 2015, 02:33 AM
FoTe for everything but the following:

FiBo does more burst DPS, while RA does the most solo (since it gets its own WB), and Gu does the most situational burst DPS (eg: can only burst every 5 hours (exaggeration) with a lot of setup).With the new PA adjustments, a lot of FiHu setups should be in the ballpark of FiBo. At least, until they run out of PP.

With Trident Crusher, Volg Combos can do more in general.
BHS spam with Ares Knuckles wins handily (~45% more) for all of 2-3 seconds. Surprise Knuckle can also match damage output (102%) for a more meaningful amount of time.
Ares Twin Daggers can match with Wild Rhapsody vanilla spam at 105%, but they can incorporate other PAs in a Tech-Arts-Abusing palette to raise DPS and PP mileage.
Ares Double Sabers are iffy. With the incredible jank that is Fake Capture spam, they could do more damage (110%).
Wired Lances with Glass Kein should do about 90% of the damage if they start off with full gear, and then on running out alternating Kaiser Rise and Holding Current with TAJAB for ~85% of the overall damage.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 4, 2015, 03:45 AM
I'm currently using 4* - 6* Level 10 (+10) Craft W.Lance, Partisan and Sword at Level 57.

Is there a better "inexpensive" alternatives or am I fine with the crafted ones for now?

I only say inexpensive because I'm not at this very moment using it as a Main so didn't want to start throwing money at it.

Ephidiel
Jan 4, 2015, 04:19 AM
A search pulls up a mention of a renaming service in a thread here, but I cannot find it in the AC shop anywhere. Is there a link to somewhere I could purchase a character rename, or does it not exist?

it's not in the AC shop but at the character selection screen

Syklo
Jan 4, 2015, 05:26 AM
Is it really worth it to extend weapons to really high levels?

I ask because my stockpile of crafting materials is starting to leak into the silva-grades, and I need my storage space!

Selphea
Jan 4, 2015, 05:48 AM
Depends on latent. Race hunter, Ancient Oath etc are worth it. In the case of DBs, even Discerning Eye is good simply because of a lack of good multiclass weapons for a rainbow set.

Rakurai
Jan 4, 2015, 05:56 AM
If the weapon's latent is good enough, then sure.

I wouldn't bother if you can easily get a substitute with an equal or better latent, though.

Selphea
Jan 4, 2015, 06:04 AM
...wait a second, you're a Fighter player aren't you? Shouldn't you be experimenting with multiclass crafted weapons with crit? :O

Syklo
Jan 4, 2015, 06:47 AM
...wait a second, you're a Fighter player aren't you? Shouldn't you be experimenting with multiclass crafted weapons with crit? :O
Well someone seems to know me :wacko:
I sort of am, but to experiment with multiclass would mean that I'd be repeatedly extending at low levels, not higher ones (I don't have that kind of money!!!).

Ok so excluding latents as a factor, when is it not a good idea to craft weapons then, if at all? E.g. not 10*+.

Walkure
Jan 4, 2015, 07:18 AM
What'd be the chat shortcut people use for equipping lucky rise set again? I could've sworn this existed, but all I see on swiki and pso2.net are /mpal# /spal# /cs and /cmf.

...wait a second, you're a Fighter player aren't you? Shouldn't you be experimenting with multiclass crafted weapons with crit? :OHU weapons have some good multiclass options anyways, so crafting's mainly useful for the FiBo or (maybe) FiBr side of things.

Selphea
Jan 4, 2015, 07:55 AM
As a crit Fighter (assuming 70% crit), if you don't need the multiclass, as a general ballpark assuming no Dex from affixes and whatnot, if you won't gain 50 ATK, don't craft it. If you will gain 50 ATK but want to retain resell value, don't craft it either.

Aquanos
Jan 4, 2015, 08:21 AM
What is this? (Japanese ability)
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/yraWty8.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

ashley50
Jan 4, 2015, 08:56 AM
What is this? (Japanese ability)
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/yraWty8.png[/spoiler-box]
Soul Receptor